<< First5455565758Last >>
Author Topic:
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Hagrid's Hut - For all Harry Potter discussion- Movies & Books
on: July 01, 2006 05:09
Yep.

The publishers are now saying the book should be out next year.
Yunathesummoner
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2006 01:41
Hey, anyone remember me?

Anyway...I can't wait! The suspense is killing me! The only thing I hope is that book 7 is better than book 6, I found Half Blood Prince to be a bit of a letdown.
daughter~of~kings
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2006 05:01
really??? i loved it! probably my favourite, along with Goblet of Fire and Chamber of Secrets. I just love finding out about Tom Riddle... think it's fascinating. I was disappointed with Order of Phoenix. It was cool for being so huge... ^^ But it did seem like the in between book which had a lot of necessary information but wasn't as gripping.

Where can I find out more about number 7? I'm so excited!!!
:rolling:
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2006 02:36
Well, Mugglenet.com and The Leaky Cauldron have some info. They also have the interview that Jo did with Richard and Judy. Wikipedia actually has some speculation.

That's really all that there is right now.

I found Half-Blood awesome. It made Chamber of Secrets look like it was important. Not that I didn't like it, but it seemed like one of those "filler books" that authors sometimes write.
Yunathesummoner
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2006 01:36
What was said on Richard and Judy? To be honest I don't watch it, it bores me.
daughter~of~kings
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2006 12:31
wikipedia, really? wow... I guess it really is the coolest encyclopedia.

mugglenet and leaky cauldron are the only ones i have so far as well. veritaserum turned out not to be so good. the official jk rowling site's pretty ace as well actually. she actually writes on there herself, with hints and facts and rumours. worth a look anyday.

:rolling:
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2006 05:08
The important things said is that:

*Two Characters she didn't intend to kill die.
*Yes, that means more people die than two.

* However, one got a repreive from death.

*Jo sees why she might kill off Harry as she doesn't want any non-author sequels made after she dies.
*And despite what the media says she did NOT say she was going to kill him. Just that she understands that point of view.

Also, people (including the publishers) have said possible publishing date in 2007.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2006 07:56
wow, I've just come back from holiday to find that everyone has been busy posting while I've been away. Hey Yuna, Iit's good to see you again.

So who do people think will die in the next book. there's going to be at least two/three.
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2006 01:54
I honestly think Ron might kick the can. I honestly hope not, but I'm a believer of the whole Chess Game Theory.

j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2006 04:19
The chess game theorgy????? I personally think Ron might kick the can because, well, lets face; he haqs no future (except for spongeing off Hermionie).
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2006 06:12
The Chess Game parallels events in the seventh book. Or will to be more accurate. So Ron will die for Harry and Hermione, using that logic.

I disagree, I think Ron is really smart, he just doesn't think. He and Harry are about the same in school work, but Ron has a gift in stratgey. Like in Chess. He just doesn't put it to work, really. Harry's the "hero", Hermione the "brains", and Ron the "stragezier". I think we overlook that a lot.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2006 01:57
The Chess Game parallels events in the seventh book. Or will to be more accurate. So Ron will die for Harry and Hermione, using that logic.

I disagree, I think Ron is really smart, he just doesn't think. He and Harry are about the same in school work, but Ron has a gift in stratgey. Like in Chess. He just doesn't put it to work, really. Harry's the "hero", Hermione the "brains", and Ron the "stragezier". I think we overlook that a lot.

a) Brains don't mean anything if you don't use them.

b) We haven't seen Ron in that role since book 1, but then it may come in to play in the last book.
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2006 04:58
I agree, though I guess I'm kind of protective of Ron as he reminds me of someone I know. And we have the same birthday.

Who else do you think is going to die?

I personally think Pettigrew, Snape, Draco, and Charlie are going to kick the can. And I hope Umbridge gets fired or something because she's the only character in the history of reading a book I personally wanted to murder.
Hermy
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 11:08
I am not surprised that the rumor is that scenes reflect on older books... I mean in rereading the books, you get those moments where you make a realization of how important something is when it seemed so trivial the first time. Like the locket in Grimald place, it may be trivial still, but it makes you think, or even the vanishing cabanet that Nearly Headless Nick broke. I never dreamed that would be important.
I think I am at peace if any of the main characters die (Harry or the others), in the way Rowling refers to greek mythology, it can always be a tragedy. Also, most deaths would be for friendship and the protections of loved ones, just like Lily. Is that so bad?
I have not kept up with all the sites lately, so maybe I am way off. At least there is a place here to talk about it. Thanks!
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2006 11:07
You're right about the deaths but I won't be at peace about it. Let's think about Harry...he is The Boy Who Lived. If he dies it's like he had a sucky saving people life then died. Living to die seventeen years or so later just stinks.

And Ron and Hermione have spent six books getting together. Why should they be killed off now? Though Ron might go.....

And Neville and Ginny better live.

Um, yeah. That's the end of my tantrum telling JK Rowling what to do.
Hermy
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2006 03:40
Don't get me wrong, I don't want Harry to die either. I used to get really upset at the mention of it, but I would be really unlike him to let others die while he could prevent it.
I do agree, Ron and Hermoine should hook up, I have been antipating it since book 4, I don't think they will die, but they might.
Ginny has got to get back with her man though. It took her all these years just to get him to like her and then it's over like that. She's the only one of the kids that really has a personal thing against Voldemort. I don't think she could stand by and allow the trio to have all the fun.
I do agree with you, but if it is otherwise, I have accepted the worst.
SeenZ
The Voice in Aragorn`s Head
Send Message
on: August 08, 2006 07:36
I think Snape should die, whether he's good or bad. Bottom line is, he killed Dumbly. Even if he's good and had no choice or whatever, many people won't just forgive and forget... especially Harry. I'd kill him

Anybody think Lupin or Madeye might die?
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 07:04
Notlupin, she already killed off my faourite character, she can't kill off my second faourite one as well.
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2006 12:30
Snape is a dead man. There is no way he can survive.

If you download Scholastic's book tour info it says that before JK was famous she told someone in Naperville, IL that the trio would make it through the series. YAY!!!!! Sorry, excitement.

People Who Won't Die:

Neville
Ginny
Hermione
Harry
Ron
Lupin
Tonks
Bill
Fleur

Well, that's who better not die.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2006 06:59
That was over 10 years ago now, it's very possible that she's cahanged her mind since then, rememeber that she's killed off two people that she didn't intent to.
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2006 11:56
Yes.

But it's the trio. She doesn't just wake-up one day and say..."Oh gee...I should kill of Hermione."

j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 02:30
Yes, but then circumstances in the books change and it's sometimes nessicary to kill off characters you didn't want to.
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 01:49
That's true, but I don't see how they can die.

Ron and Hermione can't or they won't either be happy.

Harry can't or millions of people will be unhappy.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 02:15
But millions of people think he will die.
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 01:04
And they are wrong.

At least, that's what I'll keep telling myself.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 01:31
LOL, you sound like some other people I was talking to.
Failië
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 12:03
If people can be delusional about Harmony, then I can be delusional about Harry.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 09, 2006 11:34
I have a theory on who will die in the last book. I think Snape will bite it by saving Harry from an unsuspecting Lord Voldemort. I think he will act as Voldermort's friend and in the end turn on him to save Harry. I think he will do this as a debt to Lily Potter. I think he loved her.

I also think Draco or Bella may die. In their haste to be greedy and take Harry's life they will be stupid and get themselves killed.

Just my thoughts. I'm mad at Bella for killing Sirius so I don't care if she goes. I think Snape will choose to lose Draco over Harry.

Another good site for all things Potter is www.cbbcnewsround.com

Later- Brandy

[Edited on 23/10/2006 by brandywine]
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 01:24
I think we'll see Draco in a better light in the last book.
SeenZ
Send Message
on: October 16, 2006 06:45
Neville will turn evil.

Gotcha! I'm just tired of waiting for the next book to come out...
SeenZ
Send Message
on: October 18, 2006 12:58
It's me again! These are some things I've been thinking about for a long while, it's about time I asked someone abt them So tell me what you guys think?

What if Dumbledore decided to stay on as a ghost? How do we know if he did? He could have... unfinished business n all that... with Harry and Voldy Won't it be nice? Ooooh, what if Cedric's ghost is around somewhere? Or anyone's for that matter? like Harry's parents or Barty Crouch... we know Sirius isn't, because Nearly Headless Nick told Harry so, but how did he know? Can ghosts sense each other or something? Or does he just think that Sirius wouldn't have decided to stay on as a ghost?

And how alive are the wizard paintings? They all seem pretty active, don't they? The Fat Lady, Sir Cadogan, the previous heads of Hogwarts... If there's a painting of Sirius Black somewhere, could Harry talk to him? And will Dumbledore's portrait keep giving advice to Harry? And do all paintings talk, or is it a spell or something... like the moving photographs?

In Book1, when Harry got his first Chocolate frog card of Dumbledore, Dumbly left after some time. Where'd he go? Can he visit other cards of his? Like the paintings?(Phineas Nigellus can go back and forth from Hogwarts and Sirius's house.) And why can't photographs talk if paintings can?

My mind is a weird place. Stay away.
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2006 06:52
What if Dumbledore decided to stay on as a ghost? How do we know if he did? He could have... unfinished business n all that... with Harry and Voldy

I suppose it's possible but I never got the impression Dumbledore was the type of person to do that. No doubt he knew that his portrait in the Head's office at Hogwarts would give help and advice if anyone, especially the Order of the Phoenix, needed it.

Ooooh, what if Cedric's ghost is around somewhere? Or anyone's for that matter? like Harry's parents or Barty Crouch...

Nah, I think they've all passed on and if they haven't, I would have thought Harry's parents would have shown themselves to him (excluding the graveyard scene) before now.

we know Sirius isn't, because Nearly Headless Nick told Harry so, but how did he know? Can ghosts sense each other or something? Or does he just think that Sirius wouldn't have decided to stay on as a ghost?

Probably both. Nick obviously knew Sirius from when he was at Hogwarts, so he knew something of his character. Perhaps Nick thought it would be somewhat of an adventure for him, one Sirius was brave enough to go on.

Then again there is that committee for the Headless Hunt isn't there? Maybe there's some higher council that keeps track of who and who doesn't choose to become a ghost.

And how alive are the wizard paintings? They all seem pretty active, don't they? The Fat Lady, Sir Cadogan, the previous heads of Hogwarts... If there's a painting of Sirius Black somewhere, could Harry talk to him?

I don't see why not, as long as it works like all the others.

And do all paintings talk, or is it a spell or something... like the moving photographs?

Well, this is how I see it. There's some kind of magic woven into the paintings that starts to work when the portrait is finished but you need the magical touch to make it work in the first place.

In Book1, when Harry got his first Chocolate frog card of Dumbledore, Dumbly left after some time. Where'd he go? Can he visit other cards of his? Like the paintings?(Phineas Nigellus can go back and forth from Hogwarts and Sirius's house.)

There must be thousands of cards made and distributed around the country and taking into consideration what happens with paintings/photographs, plus the comment Ron made about not expecting Dumbledore to hang around all the time (I'm not too sure if that was in the book as well as the film), they seem to work exactly the same as everything else. So, yeah. I guess he can visit other cards.

And why can't photographs talk if paintings can?

Maybe it has something to do with the fact photographs are catching an exact image in time and not the sounds (although it might be possible with a video camera ), whereas paintings are being created.

Edited to remove some random line.

[Edited on 18/10/2006 by Erulissë]
SeenZ
Send Message
on: October 20, 2006 03:04
Thanks, Erulisse Good to get someone else's opinion on all that
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2006 05:48
They were interesting questions, especially the one about the differences between portraits and photographs.
Mullog
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 08:44
The OOtP trailer has appeared online! What do you think of it? I'm a little sceptical to how they can capture a book of 700 pages in a two and a half hour movie, but hopefully it'll work.
<< First5455565758Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email