Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First5556575859Last >>
Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Hagrid's Hut - For all Harry Potter discussion- Movies & Books
on: November 27, 2006 06:58
I know how you feel, Mullog. Order of the Phoenix is a long book and it includes some of my favourite scenes. It'll be interesting to see if they can pull it off. Are you sure it's going to be over 2 hours? That's a little too long for younger fans I think but I guess in order for them to really capture everything it's a good time.

The trailer looks good so far though. I especially like the look of Helena Bonham Carter as Bellatrix and the overall darkness of it all.
Mullog
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 11:48
No I'm not sure about the length, but I assumed so because all the other movies have been more than two hours.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 11:53
I have heard that book 7 will be released on 7/7/07. Anyone else hear a publication or release date?
I liked the trailer, but it was too short to get much of an idea of what will be done. Movie release date is 7/13/07.
Ugh! The waiting is killing me!
Brandywine
Mullog
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 03:52
Nothing official is known regarding the release date of book 7, but, yeah, we are hoping it will be 07/07/07.
LadyCeleborn
Palantir Mod, Guardian of Ulmo's Realm & Resident Eomer Fancier
Send Message
on: December 21, 2006 06:33
The official date hasn't been released yet but the title of the book has! If you don't want to be spoiled, don't look...
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

For more info you can check here.
Gwaihir_Goldenfeather
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 21, 2006 09:46
That's so exciting! Thanks for the info, LadyC. Oh, my, I can't wait. :disco:
BookMasterJMV
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2006 10:06
I'm excited on news of HP7, yet not...

After this book, and the movie that will be made of it eventually, what else will there be for the well-crafted world that Ms. Rowling created?

Do you think Harry Potter and company will be remembered, and cherished, as much as Frodo and the gang have been over the years? I'm not sure, personally...
~~Tinuviel~~
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2006 01:10
I think Harry might die in HP 7...:cry: in an interview J.K.Rowling said that it would be inpossible to wright anouther Harry Potter book....:cry: I hope that's not what she meant!!! She also said that someone who had not done magic before would do some in a time of crisis. I think Filch will while protecting Harry. I can't wait for it to come out!!!!!

Tinuviel.
SeenZ
The Voice in Aragorn`s Head
Send Message
on: December 29, 2006 09:24

Do you think Harry Potter and company will be remembered, and cherished, as much as Frodo and the gang have been over the years? I'm not sure, personally...

This long? I don't think so :nono:

I don't think Harry will die... after such a long series, to kill off the main character is madness And she already killed Dumbly

She also said that someone who had not done magic before would do some in a time of crisis.

I didn't know she had said that! What if it's a squib we don't know about? Someone who came across as a muggle, maybe? That would be more interesting
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2007 11:09
I just came across a video of Behind The Scenes footage from Order of the Pheonix. You can find it here at LiveVideo It looks a little more grown up than the last 3 films and I'm very glad to see Sirius in fine form. Is it just me or does Gary Oldman look rather handsom?
Hermy
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2007 02:29
I think Harry might die in HP 7...:cry: in an interview J.K.Rowling said that it would be inpossible to wright anouther Harry Potter book....:cry: I hope that's not what she meant!!! She also said that someone who had not done magic before would do some in a time of crisis. I think Filch will while protecting Harry. I can't wait for it to come out!!!!!

Tinuviel.

I will skip the whole Harry dying thing. Either way I have accepted it, I'm not saying I like it, I accept it. I think Dudley will be the one that shows the magical powers in the time of crisis. It's a little ironic since the Dursleys hate the "m word," but it would seem fitting. Besides, I have a hunch Dudley may have seen that dementor in the alley.
I have to agree an earlier post about Snape. There is something that is not clearly visable to the reader. The more I think about it, I think the look of hatred on his face was the hate for what he had to do.
And then there's Draco--I want to hate him after all these years, but don't. I can't help but think that he nearly dropped his wand to go to the "right side." He's got some good in him. July is just month away - I would be nice to know, but sad because I know it will be over.
AniMagus
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2007 08:14
Wow I'm surprised there are so many Harry Potter fans. I hardly know any.....
kellymulder
CoE Volunteer & Seagull of Ulmo
Send Message
on: February 01, 2007 03:27
OMG OMG OMG OMG

The release date has been made public!

Mark your agenda's everyone... Harry Potter 7 will come in the bookstores on July 21st on 00:01

I am so excited, but at the same time very sad.... this will be the very last book
Mullog
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2007 05:49
I agree. It will be both wonderful and terrible to read the final book about HP.

I can't wait
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 11:33
I'm really glad I'll be home from vacation when it releases. I was convinced it would be all spoiled for me by the time I got home if it came out just a couple of weeks earlier.
lhaewiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 22, 2007 06:02
Hi everyone!

I think it's pretty hard to guess who will die, because the profecy narrows it down to only Harry OR Voldemort (or am I wrong?). If she kills Harry she wouldn't be able to write another book about him, but that would keep Voldemort alive and I don't think that could work out to well because the bad guy always dies right? But after Rowling killed Dumbledore I think we can expect anything from her *shivers*.
j_mercuryuk
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2007 07:45
I'll be in holiday in FRance when it comes out

The books, yes. The films, no.

AniMagus
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2007 08:26
Here's the problem: I guess if Voldemort dies->Harry survives and everyone will expect another book. But what's to write about if there's no bad guy?
But if Harry dies, then the bad guy survives and, as Ihaewiel said, that wouldn't be right.
Anyway, I'm eagerly awaiting the release of the book (and I hope Harry meets Snape-would be interesting!
AniMagus
pv
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2007 03:50
Here's the problem: I guess if Voldemort dies->Harry survives and everyone will expect another book. But what's to write about if there's no bad guy?
But if Harry dies, then the bad guy survives and, as Ihaewiel said, that wouldn't be right.

Maybe she'll end it like "Hamlet" - have a furious fight at the end in which both Harry and Voldemort die.
http://monstersandcritics.wordpress.com/
Michaela
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 02:57
Hello all!

*waves Ravenclaw flag*

So have you guys seen the covers? Who am I kidding, of course you have.

Deathly Hallows Covers: Points of Interest
(A is American edition, BA is British adults' edition, and BK is British kids' edition)

- (A) WHAT IS WITH THE ORANGE?
- (A) Neither Harry nor Voldemort appears to have a wand. Odd, eh? I wonder why not.
- (A) LV's defensive hand position
- (A) What does Harry have around his neck? The Horcrux? R.A.B.'s false Horcrux?
- (A) In the background, who are the dark figures? Are they the "Deathly Hallows"?
- (A) Why are Harry and LV in a Coliseum-like structure?
- (A) What's with the tattered curtains?
- (A) What's with the wreckage?
- (A) What is Harry reaching up to? Is it the same thing that LV is trying to defend himself against?
- (BA) This cover isn't helpful. The gold locket with the S is clearly Slytherin's locket.
- (BK) What's with the house-elf's arm?
- (BK) Which house-elf is it?
- (BK) Why does the house-elf have a sword?
- (BK) Is it Gryffindor's sword?
- (BK) What is the trio screaming at?
- (BK) What's with the jewels?
- (BK) How did the trio get so banged up?
- (BK) Why is Harry's Patronus on the inner flap?
- (BK) Why do the trio look like they're falling?

Another of my major questions: Are we going to find out something about Hermione that will explain why she was in Gryffindor rather than Ravenclaw, or is that just for story's sake?

R.A.B. theory: R.A.B. is Regulus A. (no idea what the A stands for, but Regulus Aurelius sounds nice) Black. After deserting the Death Eaters, Regulus stole the Horcrux, perhaps taking Kreacher with him (the elf is supposed to be crucial to the plot), stashed the locket in the cupboard at Grimmauld Place, and was promptly murdered by Voldemort's minions without having a chance to destroy it. I think that the locket may have been among the things from Grimmauld Place stolen by Mundungus Fletcher in HBP, and, as such, it could be anywhere by now.

Prophecy theory: I believe very strongly that Neville's connection to the prophecy is somehow going to play out in DH. I'm not sure how, but I hope he kills Bellatrix. 'Twould be sweet revenge. I :heart: Neville.

My HP 'Top Ten': 1) Hermione; 2) Luna; 3) Neville; 4) Sirius (R.I.P.); 5) Hagrid; 6 and 7) Fred and George; Dobby; 9) Prof. McGonagall; 10) Ron

How I'm getting DH: Online pre-order from my local Border's. MIDNIGHT PARTY!

Which character I'm most like: Hermione

Who I think is going to die: Voldemort, Snape (a goner), Bellatrix, Peter, Lupin, at least one Weasley, Hagrid maybe, McGonagall, possibly Harry. Probably not all these people really will die, though. But my money's on LV, Peter, Lupin, and one Weasley.

[Edited on 5/4/2007 by Michaela]
Adonnenniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2007 12:54
Michaela, i'm not too sure if you are familiar with Pottercast. There is an episode that discusses all the above things that you asked about. I find the entertaining as the very least.

This link will take you to their site, but you may have to download the episode that i am talking about from Itunes...(you'll have to subscribe but it is free )The episode is 83 COVER SPECIAL

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/pottercast/

I find the pottercast trio to be highly amusing, distracting me from my studies. To hear the latest pottercast go to the following address and scroll down the page until you see a little music player that has the US cover art on it.

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/

Hope that kinda answers your questions, michaela.

~Adonn~

P.S - they casts tend to be over and hour long!!
Michaela
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2007 04:33
Thanks, Adon...I've heard of PotterCast and a similar one called MuggleCast (different site) and I may download some later.
Adonnenniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2007 11:31
no problems micha glad i can help.

have you guys heard of the new competition that JKR is having regarding a special book signing on 21st July? i'd love to go except for the fact that i am in Australia and that i have a prac two days later.
Burzlondewen
Realm Head of Tulkas
Send Message
on: July 12, 2007 09:04
Oh wow...i loved the Order of the Phoenix. It was awesome! I have decided that between the 5 movies, i like this one the best. And i cant wait for the last book to come out!
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 15, 2007 08:47
*sigh* I've recently gotten sorta back into Harry. Gosh I feel like I've wasted 4 years of my life, not reading it. Basically, 8 years ago now, I picked up the first Potter book, before it was even famous, and started reading it and was hooked from the first sentence. Slowly but surely, it became my life. I was obsessed with it like nothing ever before. As it got world famous, my friends and I got even more obsessed, created our own fan club, created this amazing HP Celebrity Heads game... it really was everything to me. Anyway, a few years later, I totally got off the books... I don't know why, firstly I hated the first 2 movies, and the 5th book, though great, wasn't as amazing as I had hoped... and stupidly I let it all go. And then the hype for book 7 starts and I just roll my eyes, but last week I remembered all that this series had given me when i was younger, and then I got really upset that I had stopped with. So now I'm having a mad dash to finish books 5 and 6 by Saturday. And I still am really upset that I just let go of 4 years of Potter madness like that. :cry: I never even once visited Mugglenet! So yes, I'm trying to rectify the blunder as much as I can and I'm just trying to get into it again... and thought I might as well join you guys here. Get into the discussion for Book 7 as well.

So anyways, I've got these theories for Book 7, let me see how many I can tick when the book comes out and I read it:
[ 1 ] Snape was in love with Lilly Potter, that's why he hated James.
[ 2 ] Draco teams up with Harry to fight Lord Voldemort.
-[ 3 ] He teams up because either Lucius or Narcissa does something to displease Voldemort, and Voldemort kills one of them / them both.
[ 4 ] Neville becomes a Herbology teacher.
[ 5 ] Harry does NOT die.
[ 6 ] Harry sees his parents again in a dream / vision / the Mirror of Erised / the Pensieve.
[ 7 ] The Mirror of Erised is seen again.
[ 8 ] Snape will turn out to be good, and will save the life of someone good.
-[ 9 ] Snape will then die.
[ 10 ] One of the Weasley's will die.
-[ 11 ] It will be Percy.
[ 12 ] Ron and Hermione get together.
[ 13 ] Dumbledores' painting will hang in the Headmaster's office, and will be a source of comfort / advice for Harry.

And I might add to that as I reread the 6th book. Some of the things are pretty obvious, but oh well. And I'm really unsure about the Weasley's dying thing, but hey.

[Edited on 16/7/2007 by ABagginsOfTheShire]
LadyCeleborn
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 07:05
Fellow HP fans~

The today news, the Leaky-Cauldron.com, Mugglenet.com and other places are reporting that there was a leak of the Deathly Hallows book. There are scans of the book, chapters and images on the web. Scholastic is doing all it can to suppress it but think it may be too late...:cry:

Unfortunately there are going to be evil muggles out there that will try to spoil it for those of us that have waited years for this book. So beware! If you don't want to be spoiled don't click on anything HP until you read the book.

Anyone that deliberately posts spoilers in this thread, in the Palantir or anywhere else on CoE will be dealt with.

There's plenty of excitment brewing,
As the final chapter draws near;
But hearing the storys end from others,
Is what magicals and muggles all fear!

Give everyone a chance to read the book and discover whatever may come for themselves!

Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 07:26
Thanks for letting everyone know, Cele. I knew there were leaks but I didn't realise they'd gone that far. It's such a shame people do this. It really ruins things.
Shadow_fax
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 09:57
Hi ABotS, I'm glad you have returned to the HP world once more. I find your book 7 predictions very interesting and I agree with a number of them. So just to pass the time until Saturday when all will be revealed, here are mine.

* signifies agreement with ABotS

1. Severus Snape will be the hero of book 7
2. Severus is good and he killed Dumbledore on DD's orders. half a star *
3. Harry is not a horcrux
4. Harry does NOT die *
5. Neville will become professor of Herbology *
6. Harry and Ginny will marry (each other )
7. Severus will die * :cry:
8. One of the Weasley's will die *
9. - it will not be Percy
10. Kreacher will turn good and will help Harry
11. There will be many deaths in book 7
12. Harry will return to Godric's Hollow... and may find something of vital importance there
13. Whilst all of this is going on they will still find time to graduate from Hogwarts

That's all I can think of for now.

Happy Harry reading everyone, and don't let the spoilers spoil it for you.

ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 19, 2007 09:18
Yeah it's good to be back in the HP world. Anyways I'm going to make some altercations to my predictions...

And stars (*) means agreeing with Shadow_fax . And thanks for welcoming me back into the world, it's much appreciated.
-[ 11 ] It will be eithed Percy of Mrs Weasley that die.
*[ 14 ] Harry is NOT a horcrux (this doesn't make any sense to me. Voldemort has tried to kill him for the past 15 years, and he wouldn't do so if he were a horcrux).
[ 15 ] Lupin and/or Tonks dies (*sniff* Lupin's my favourite character...).
[ 16 ] Neville's parents are seen again in the book.
[ 17 ] Madame Maxine is not actually seen again in the book, but Hagrid mentions her (like in book 5).
[ 18 ] Bellatrix will die.
[ 19 ] Wormtail will die.
*[ 20 ] Harry will return to Hogwarts and graduate, amongst all the fuss.
[ 21 ] Hagrid will die.
[ 22 ] "Deathly Hallows" does NOT refer to the Horcruxes.
[ 23 ] The night of Harry's 17th birthday, something will happen... something will stir, indicating that evil has well and truly returned.

23 predictions. There you go. I'd like to get 2 more, let's see...

I'm sure you guys have seen it, but since I'm still a bit ignorant of the HP world, having been away for so long, I'll post it here anyway: a Mugglenet link as to what has been confirmed, but a reliable source, to happen in book 7. I haven't written any of those down, since their confirmed anyway.

Also, it's sad about this leakage thing... and you know what the worst thing is? Sure, we can just avoid the websites that are going to give us spoilers, but the thing is, that the first people who should know what happens in the final book should be the fans. This way, thousands of people who don't even like the books and therefore don't even deserve to know about what happens in them, have found out the story before the rest of us. Unfair, I think. Sad as well.

Oh and a question: In CoE, how long after the release date do we have to wait to begin discussing the book? Do we have to wait a day/ week / fortnight past tomorrow?

LadyCeleborn
Send Message
on: July 19, 2007 11:51
Oh and a question: In CoE, how long after the release date do we have to wait to begin discussing the book? Do we have to wait a day/ week / fortnight past tomorrow?

Because this is such a big, big event for all of us and we have waited so long for it....I'm going to lock this thread this evening and keep it locked till Monday. That gives us the weekend to read the book. Not everyone will have read it that quickly or have the time to read it this weekend but it will have to do.

After that....anyone that comes into this thread does so at their own risk...

LOTRluver43235
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2007 07:48
just finished it an hour ago, but i'm going to be nice and not reveal anything until somebody else does or i come back from church camp in utah next week. whichever one comes first
Rebecca_C
CoE Volunteer & Weeper of Nienna
Send Message
on: July 22, 2007 10:39
Well it's Monday morning in the UK and the thread is unlocked... Delete this post if you're unhappy though, LadyC.

Spoilers....

So RAB was Regulus, and there correct theory about the locket was out there somewhere I was pleased because I had sort of guessed this before I read it on the Internet.
The controversional 'Harry is a horcrux' theory wasn't wrong I was never too sure what to thing of this one.
Lupin... Tonks... Fred... Hedwig... Dobby... Moody... :cry: OK so I got a bit upset at times...
Deathly Hallows, well JKR was right that we wouldn't guess much about them. But as soon as they were mentioned I knew about the Cloak. I didn't guess about the wand, though, it was a surprise that it was Dumbledore's.
The two-way mirror... I should have guessed that Dung had taken the other one and it had ended up with someone other than Sirius... Or did I read that part wrong? How did Aberforth get it?
The Lily-Snape idea has been floating around for a while, sorry to say, I never believed it. Oops...

Well this was totally different to the others without the Hogwarts setting (loved the final battle, though) but I still loved it, I guess it's all to do with personal preferance because I'm sure some people won't have liked it.
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2007 03:49
Well I loved it. Like you said, Becky, it's a little different without Hogwarts, but it's still an amazing book. And I didn't believe the Snape/Lily thing either till I saw it. But Snape...I didn't know he was so brave... I was sooo crying when the chapter about his memory was over. Anyway...so anyone else finished the book?
CelticMoon
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2007 04:12
OMG I loved it. It was so good. Snape is amazing! And I definetely cried at the end!!
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2007 04:19
A Snape fanclub anyone? I didn't cry at the end, I was too busy being all squeaky over the epilogue (like really, isn't this the cutest thing ever!! ). Though I did cry, for Dobby, Snape, Fred, Lupin and Tonks. Soooo sad! I but I have to say that I cried a lot less than in the other books, where I was totally mourning in the end.

Really, it's a shame JK won't write anymore HP books, because I would have loved a book about the next generation.
<< First5556575859Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email