Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Remnants or The Assault on the Trade Route (Please see ooc to join)
on: November 30, 2004 08:08
OOC: This is a new rp thread of my own invention. For a more detailed description of the plot and setting, see ooc, and tell me if you wish to join. I will be playing one character, Hasugar, but I will also be speaking for any main characters from the books that come into play, such as Aragorn, Eomer etc. Have fun!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hasugar urged on his horse in the early sunset. He was finally drawing near to Edoras, after a long, three day ride at a fast pace, as fast as his horse could take. And with an injured leg, the ride was all the more painful.

It seemed like a dream to him as he reached the city gate. He knew he must be swooning from his great loss of blood. "Open the gate, in the name of King Eomer, open the gate!!!!!" he bellowed out with all the strength he could muster. The gate opened slowly, and he rode in with all haste, up through the town, and up the steps of the Golden Hall of Meduseld.

The door warden stepped forward, taking Hasugar's horse by the reins. "Hasugar, you have returned? So soon? Where are your men? Where are the goods you were to bring back from Gondor?"
"I've no time to explain! I must see the king!! Let me pass!"
"I would, Hasugar, but he is having a feast for all the lords of Rohan."
"My news is urgent! Let me pass!"

Without waiting for a response from the door warden, Hasugar shoved him out of the way and burst through the doors of the Golden Hall.

All attention turned to Hasugar, including the King's. "My lord! I bring news. . . I have. . ." Hasugar fell to the ground, too weak to continue.
"Help him! He is wounded!" King Eomer commanded. A servant rushed to Hasugar's side. "He needs medicine my lord! His leg is badly injured!"
"Bring him to me first!"
The servant did so, with great pains, for Hasugar was a mighty man of arms, and a heavy burden with his armor.

The king ran to him. "Hasugar, what has happened! Speak!"
Hasugar opened his eyes for a moment. His face looked pale and his eyelids were heavy. "We were ambushed, my King. They took us in the Gap. I alone am left. They have spoiled everything, and have slain our horses and devour them. My men are dead." With that he slipped into unconsciousness, and saw no more.
"Take him and heal him as best you can. And notify me immediately if he awakens." the king ordered.

All was quiet in the great hall, as Eomer looked up at his friends. " I am sorry, my friends, but our frivolity has been ruined by rumors of war. You are free to spend the night if you wish, but I will not be joining you again tonight. I have important matters to attend to.
With that, he strode out of the room.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Remnants or The Assault on the Trade Route (Please see ooc to join)
on: November 30, 2004 12:35
*Faolan hummed to herself as filed smooth rough edge of her horse's hoof. He was tied in the breezeway of the vast stables of Edoras. The horse stood patiently for Foal as she finished his front right foot. She examined the hoof by pinting it down and looking from the side. When she was satisfied with the way it was shaped, she took it out from between her legs and let it down to the ground. "Alright Agarwaen. One more and we are through," Foal told her horse as she patted him on the neck. She wiped beaded sweat from her forehead before reaching down to grab the hind foot.

Suddenly, a stable boy ran in to the barn leading a horse behind him. The big gelding was breathing heavily with flared nostrils. Foal moved her horse to the side than motioned for the boy to stop. "Hasugar's horse," she said as she placed a hand on the horse's neck. It was burning hot and soaked in sweat. Sweat also made white froth around the breastcollar and where the reins rubbed his neck. "Is Hasugar back so soon? What happened?" she said. The nervous stable boy stammered a little before speaking clearly. "He he just stormed in My Lady. Wounded, but I don't know why. He ran into the Golden Hall to find King Eomer. I know nothing more than that." Foal looked from the boy to the horse with a face of concern. "Make sure you cool this horse down very good before you give him any water. Anymore running and Hasugar might have killed him. Something very bad must have happened. Can you trim hooves?" she asked. The boy nodded. "Would you trim his back right?" she said pointing to Agarwaen. "I have got to go see what happened." She patted her horse on the rump and took off her belt of trimming tools. "Yes, My Lady. I will take care of him." Foal nodded as she made her way out of the barn. "Thank you."

Foal ran up the the hall as fast as she could. The guards at the door saluted her and quickly opened the doors. The hall was filled people talking and conversing loudly. She forgot that Eomer had company today. But Eomer was nowhere to be seen. Well, she was more concerned for Hasugar and if he was wounded he would be in sick rooms. Foal ran through the hallways until she came on the door to the houses of healing. She found pale Hasugar laying on a bed with half open eyes and many bandages. She quickly grabbed a chair and sat next to his bed. "Hasugar my friend, what has happened? Were you attacked on the trade route? Where is the rest of your company?**
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Remnants or The Assault on the Trade Route (Please see ooc to join)
on: December 01, 2004 05:18
"Cousin," a strong voice behind Faolan said, " he is very weak, and will need some time to rest and heal before you can speak to him." It was the voice of King Eomer.

He placed his hand gently on Faolan's shoulder. "Come, we will speak of this outside his room, so the healers can do their work."

Eomer led Faolan outside the room into the corridor. Eomer turned to Faolan, his face grave. "He has had a hard journey, one that no one should have to bear. Before he slipped from reality, he told me that he was with a shipment of goods to Gondor, and was attacked by orcs in the Gap. I believe he said that all were killed, save him, and the goods, spoiled, as well as the horses slain and devoured. That is a great grievance for us, for our horses mean more to us than anything we own."
He could see that he was upsetting Faolan, so he stopped. "You can do nothing for him now, Faolan. I will send for you if his condition changes, or by morning." He lifted her chin with his hand. "Have faith, cousin. He will be all right."

He then left Faolan, and went back to Hasugar's side. He was still unconscious, but he remained by his side nonetheless.

Just then, an aid came in. "My lord," he bowed low, "will you be requiring anything else?"
"Yes. I want you to muster 3 of my swiftest errand riders to be ready to ride by nightfall."
He got up from his chair and strode over to a desk and began to write a letter in the elven runes, that had been used by no king of Rohan since the days of old. Quickly he signed it, blew on the ink,folded it, and gave it to the aid. "Give this to one of the riders. Tell them to ride to Gondor with all speed, stopping only to water their horses and let them rest for a moment. It is no longer safe to rest on the road to Gondor. Tell them that their king bids them to ride hard and fear no darkness!" The aid bowed and quickly exited the room.

Eomer returned to his chair and thus he remained until dawn's light appeared in the window.

[Edited on 1/12/2004 by Silivrentolwen]
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2004 08:44
*Foal's blood boiled as she listened to all Eomer said. Horses devoured and men slain. Being a veteran of the war of the ring, Foal had hoped she had seen the last of such darkness. She glanced one last time at Eomer sitting patiently at Hasugar's side before leaving. She went back to her room as it was getting late. When she reached her door, she opened it and stepped in. A lot was on her mind as she paced the room and began to change from her dirty clothes. But something caught her eye and made her stop pacing. She stared up at her armor, fitted around a mannequin. It was rigid, dark leather with silver inlay. Silver horses and wolves running across the chest. The shining metal brought back a warrior spirit within her. She had softened after the war and began to relax and enjoy life. It was possible she would have to done the suit again to protect her people and home. She was ready.

Foal finished changing and let down her hair before slipping into bed. Sleep came quickly to her for she had a long day, but not a soft sleep. She was galloping across the field, a spear in one hand and a sword in the other. Riders of Rohan were all around her raising the battle cry and their weapons. The battle of the pellennor fields. She remembered like it was yesterday. The drumming of hooves pounded in her head and her heart. She could see the wraiths and their winged mounts screeching above in the skies. She could also see the ranks of orcs before them. They were drawing closer and closer. And then, they clashed....

Foal woke up with a start. Cold sweat soaked her small clothes and she breathed heavily. She looked out her window and saw the still darkness. She wiped the back of her hand across her forehead with a sigh. How she wished Eowyn was still here.Her older cousin had always been comforted by her. Perhaps, she would go see her sometime. Foal fluffed the pillows and tried to go back to sleep. After a good forty minutes, she fell asleep and slept soundly until the sun woke her with its rising. She rolled out of bed with tired eyes but got dressed quickly. She rinsed her face in a basin by a mirror and tied back her hair. With that she rushed out and head for the sick rooms to see if Hasugar had come to yet.**
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2004 02:52
Hasugar opened his heavy eyelids to find his King asleep in the chair next to his bed. He started and sat up a little in his bed. "My lord, what is thy bidding?"
The king roused himself. "Hmm. . . what? Oh, Hasugar, I must have fallen asleep. My bidding? I bid you to do nothing at the moment but recover from you heavy journey. And I bid you to do one more thing, if you are able."
"Thy wish is my command, lord."
"Tell me everything of what happened."
Hasugar shifted in his bed. He didn't want to recount such a dark tale, yet it was his lord's will that he do so.
"Well, much of it has fallen into darkness, but I will tell what I can. We set out from the Westfold, on our way to re-supply the Gondorian men in Isengard, six days ago. We past through the Gap with no attack, though we did see strange things at eventide, dark shapes and glaring eyes. We also heard cruel voices speaking a foul language in the air, but we feared them not, for we thought all foul creatures were destroyed after the war. We made it to Isengard unscathed, and there we tarried one day, and then set out again before the sun set. Then we were making our way to Gondor, bypassing the city, for we were already late in our deliverys. In the Gap that night, they attacked. How many, I cannot recall, but they were all around us. They shot our horses and our men, but my horse alone was spared. Our men fought valliantly, but they used the darkness to their advantage. Our men were confused. Some fled, what was left of their bodies only to be revealed by mornings light. I was thrown from my horse, and he fled. I fought on until an orc stuck his knife in my leg. Then I was hit from behind, and I saw no more, until morning. My horse was standing next to me, amid the carnage of our brave riders, and all our goods were spoiled or taken. That is all I can recount."
Hasugar's face was ashen, tears spilling out of his eyes. The King's face was grim and hard. Resolve glinted in his eyes like fire. "The sacrifice of our Riders shall be avenged." he said, his jaw clenched. Hasugar put his hand to his breast. "Swiftly, and with all force. They shall know the fury of this Rohan Rider!!"

Eomer looked at Hasugar with kindness. "You must heal first,Grey Spear. We have already sent word to Gondor. We shall fight side by side once more. But now you must recouperate. I will come back to you later, and we shall speak again of such things. But I am glad that such a man in my land has so much courage to do his lord's will. I shall not forget it, Hasugar."
He then strode out of the room, and went to look for Faolan. He soon found her on her way to Hasugar's room. "Faolan, I need your help." A bell sounded outside in the town. A cry went up from the people, "The Riders are coming!"

[Edited on 2/12/2004 by Silivrentolwen]
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2004 12:41
*Foal almost ran into Eomer headlong as she hurried to the room where Hasugar lay. She was about to ask of the well being of Hasugar but Eomer spoke first.

"Faolan, I need your help."

Foal nodded. "What do you need of me cousin? Are we going to retaliate on the shadow, because if we are I am ready..." Just then, she heard a bell and shouts from the common folk.**
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 03:33
"Faolan," Eomer said, almost laughing at her eagerness for war. She is so much like Eowyn, but with Merry's pluck. "we will defeat the shadow in dew time, but now, I need you to go to the city gate and await the riders there. Have stable-hands ready to take their horses and command your handmaidens to make their beds, meals and baths ready. Bring me the message from Gondor that they bear. I will await you in the Golden Hall."
Eomer then kissed his cousin on the forehead. "I appreciate this very much cousin. I shan't forget it. And you shall aid the Riders again in battle when the time comes. Now, go, quickly! To the gate!" With that he made for the Golden Hall, and left Faolan to her duties.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 12:18
*Foal couldn't help but smile as her cousin left her with his orders. She then hurried back to the hallway of room. She went past her bedroom door down the hallway a ways before opening a door on the right. She knocked slightly before opening it all the way. "Theowen?" Foal called. A young lady came rushing to the door. "Yes, My Lady?" said the blonde youth. Foal continued on. "There are riders coming from Gondor with urgent news. Tell Hathawyn and Forleaswyn to help you prepare rooms, baths, and a large dinner. They will be weary. Hurry, if you will." The girl bowed with a "As you wish, My Lady," as Foal scurried out of the hall.

She ran out the doors down the vast stairs and to the barn. She stopped shortly after entering the breezeway. Three stable boys were working on various chores in the barn. THrough labored breathing Foal called. "Come, with me. Now!" The boys jumped and dropped what they were doing and followed Foal. She walked briskly through the town towards the front gates. Already people were milling about conversing excitably. The bell had ceased its ring as three riders burst in through the gates. Foal shouted, "Go!" And the boys hurried to grab the reins of the Gondorian horses. Horse and rider alike were worn and tired from the long run. Foal approached the riders as they dismounted. "Welcome to Meduseld. It is by Béma's grace you made it safely. What news from Gondor?" The riders were breathing hard as they removed helms and gloves.

"We have seen the carnage taken out on your men and steeds on the trade route. Isengard was also attacked. They lost only two men fortunately but the orcs left many wounded. There is something queer about all this. The orcs could have done much more damage but took flight. What is in the minds of those scum I know not. But King Aragorn wants them vanquished so we can be rid of this shadow for good. It is too dangerous to travel the paths though he would like to hold council. He has asked us to retrieve the opinion of King Eomer before anything is decided," the Gondorian finished. Foal took all this in for a moment then nodded. "Right then," she said. "King Eomer awaits this news in the Golden Hall. I will spare you the time of telling him though. However, I am sure a warm bath and hot meal will be to your liking," She finished with a grin. The weary riders brightened up considerably as they followed her to the hall. Upon entering, the hand blonde hand maiden was waiting just inside the doors. Foal stopped and turned to the men. "Follow Theowen here. She will show you to your rooms." Foal watched them depart before continuing to the throne room. Eomer was sitting there, eagerly waiting for her. "Well?" he said. "Well," she went on. "Isengard has been attacked and they lost two men. They say the orcs are acting strangely as if they are planning something. Aragorn wants to attack and destroy the orcs. He wants to have counsel but thinks any unneccessary travel between Rohan and Gondor will be dangerous. He asks what you think should be done?"**
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 12:42
Eomer shifted in his throne. "Hmmm, this is strange tidings. The tower of Orthanc has not been attacked since The Ents drove out Saruman the Wizard. What foolishness is in the minds of these orcs, these rabble, that they would attack us? Have our two kingdoms not grown in might since the Last Battle? What victory could they possibly hope to achieve?" He paused, thinking deeply on all these things.

"Well," at length, he began again, "nothing more shall we do on this matter tonight. Send word to the Riders of Gondor that they are to have their meal with me, after they have rested and cleaned up. I wish to speak with them more on this matter." As Faolan was exiting the Hall, Eomer stopped her. "Faolan," he said, as he waited for her eyes to meet his, "Thank you, for all you have done. The time will come soon, when your valliance will be most needed. You shall be at might right hand, if I ride to battle." He smiled at her genuinely, then shifted back to his thoughts.
"And so shall another warrior," he thought. A picture arose in his mind, of seemingly, a child, with large feet, and soft auburn curls sticking out from underneath a helmet of Rohan. "Merry shall indeed ride again to war, if he so desires."
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2004 11:56
"Thank you, for all you have done. The time will come soon, when your valliance will be most needed. You shall be at might right hand, if I ride to battle."

*Foal bowed and met Eomer with her bright, youthful eyes. She then turned and walked out and headed back through the hallway. she was on her way to talk to the Gondorian messengers. As she turned the corner of the hallway, she came upon a room that had steam coming out from under the door. She opened to find all three men conversing and soaking in baths. They're faces seemed a bit shocked to see Foal but she payed it no mind. Good sirs, King Eomer bid that you have dinner with him this night so that you can further discuss the matter of these remnant orcs. My hand maiden Theowen will show you back to the throne hall once you have finished cleaning up."

Foal was about to leave when a man piped up. "Hand maiden? Are you a lady of Rohan? You don't much dress like one." Foal looked down at her dark green tunic, breeches, and riding boots. Nice clothes but not very lady-like. She then looked up with piercing, emerald eyes. "You would do well to watch your tongue. I am a Lady of Rohan and blood to the throne. But I am also an officer of the Cavalry. If any of you meat-headed men beg to differ, then I dare you to try me with sword, spear, or bow. As for dressing like a lady, work has to be done and a dress is very bothersome. I do done a dress every once and a while but don' t think i care to done one for you." With that Foal stormed out suddenly remembering the arrogance of men. Around here she had earned respect but not yet to the reaches of Gondor, the land of her Father.**
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2004 01:07
Elsewhere in Middle Earth a rather perplexed and tousled haired hobbit sat idily on a weathered stool, feet propped up on a frayed ruby stepping stand and head lolling back against the chair. The curls of his pipe tumbled in amoungst themselves as his thoughts drifted from vague nothing to absent tittle tattle his wife (yes his wife) had relayed to him earlier that day. Samwise was expecting his third child, a child to be born next spring it was said. Merry inclined by his boisterous and placid nature wished his life long friend heaty cheers but that meant by no means he wished to follow the same path. Indeed his he reckoned was destined to take an altogether more abrupt direction to the one place his heart had ever leapt by the catalyst of a swinging sword. Battle.

The rapid volatile sense of suspension which clenched around the hobbit's sense as he fought with Eowyn against the witch king, the pride on seeing Eomer crowned King of Rohan - the honour in bearing his arms and pledginghis life. " i could have taken them all" he thought confidently as images of the orcs flashed before his eyes. " everyone of 'um. Course had to give them all a chance now. Be rude not to" he shrugged as a light frown crossed his face. " talking to meself - first sign a'madness". Whispers of trouble boiling far off in a forgien land beckoned his attention as yet more ambles shuffed by his door, clucking amoungst themselves - women with thier chores done- and marvelling at the toil the Big People brought upon themselves. " tut tut" Merry cursed inwardly. They don't know no big people - the scandal of it! how can they comment on what they know nothing about! After coming back from such a perilous battle at his last, the contrast between the slow life of the Shire and the urgent frenzy of Rohan became strikingly apparent. Whereas before Merry could quite happilyhave lived and died in the Shire (beloved as it was) now it was simply the stuff of dreary musings. Now he yearned for freedom of a different sort. He yearned for Rohan. " but if only that proud warrior u'd call me" he thought aloud caught between indignation and pride " if only he'd think o'me stuck here"
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2004 05:47
Meanwhile, back in Rohan. . .

Eomer sat at a large table,laden with trenchers of meat and bread and lots of ale. The Gondorian messanges had arrived and were now entering the Golden Hall.
Eomer stood to honor them. "Hail, Messengers of King Elessar! Great has been your peril on the road, and for that, I honor you with a feast. And may you find rest and repose as long as you remain in my house!" The Gondorian soldiers bowed low and began to take their seats, but Eomer remained standing. A mug of ale was in his hand. The Men took their cue from Eomer and reached for their mugs.
"I was told that you lost two men on the Road, and that Isengard was attacked. What of the count lost their?"
A fair, dark haired rider spoke up. "I believe 15 was the count, my lord Eomer."
"Then let us not forget of the sacrifice of those 17 men. They have given their blood, so let us honor them." King Eomer stood up proud and fair. A fire was in his eyes, and he spoke with that same fire, so that his voice boomed across the Hall. "Hail the victorious dead!"
"HAIL!" The voices of the soldiers of Gondor rang out.
And with that, they took their seasts and began to eat of the Kings table.

A good five hours the feast lasted, with maidens bustling here and their, refilling mugs and bringing on more and more trenchers. One of these maidens, the King gave special note to as she entered. "Ah! Faolan! Come sit with us, dear cousin!"
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2004 07:12
*Foal strolled in, her cloak about her shoulders and her sword riding upon her hip. She took a seat next to Eomer nodding at the Gondorians as she did. She also gave them a meaningful glare. Turning her attention back to Eomer she spoke. "So, has a plan of action been decided? Please tell me we get to spill orc blood. It is one thing to kill men but to kill and eat such fine creatures as horses deserves heads on spears." Foal took delight in the faces of the messengers as she said this. Clearly they had not been exposed to many women who said such things. Eomer noticed this as well as he and Foal exchanged wry smiles.**
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2004 03:59
Eomer's smile grew larger, and before long, he was shaking with laughter at the men at his table. He bellowed out a great belly laugh. "Haaa haaahaa haaa! Faolan! My good friends," he said, turning to the Gondorians, " I'm sure you are not used to such talk from a woman, but this one fought in the Battle of Pelenor fields, not so long ago. She is a mighty Shieldmaiden of our country, whose might and valor could rival if not outdo your own!"
He then turned back to Faolan, "But no, my cousin, our action has not been decided. Let us not ruin a good meal with fowl news. I shall wait until these men have finished until I question them. And I would wish you to stay and hear all, cousin." He smiled at her, knowing her restlessness for battle. Eowyn taught her well, he thought.

Just then, a door at the far side of the Hall, opened, and there was Hasugar. The king started. "Hasugar," he said, rising up from his seat, "Should you be out of your bed? The healers will be sure to give you a good tounge lashing."

Hasugar smiled and nodded his grey head. "Yes, my lord, the healers have granted me leave to move about. My leg has healed quite nicely, and the pain is lessened much."

"Then sit and eat with us," Eomer said, walking over to Hasugar. He gave him a strong hand shake and helped him over to a seat, next to Faolan. "These are the message riders of Gondor. They have brought tidings back from King Elessar, concerning the attacks. But we will not speak of that now. At least not until we have had more ale."

[Edited on 7/12/2004 by Silivrentolwen]
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2004 10:41
*Faolan could not help but smile as Eomer took her side and the Gondorians seemed taken a bit a back. But their silent attention then turned to Hasugar. He was standing in the door way, pale but looking much better than what he was. Foal watched him be helped by Eomer to a seat beside her. She then threw her arm about his shoulder. "It is good to see you well. I think I shall propose a toast." Servants then scurried in with several ornate mugs which they quickly filled with ale. Foal then grabbed her mug and stood, raising it above her. "To the Valiant Hasugar and the to the defeat of the scum that plague the lands between our kingdoms," she said nodding towards the Gondorians. "A toast...."**
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2004 06:39
Eomer smiled at the toast made by Faolan, but he was sure Hasugar would not like such attention. Hasugar probably feels like he failed me and his men. He should know better.

Eomer lifted his mug and drained it, then set it back down on the table, as did all present.

Hasugar squirmed in his chair. Why did she do that? I have done nothing worth honoring. What I have done deserves chains and bonds. I failed my men, and my King. Why do they honor me when I have done the dishonorable. But he said nothing, only drank his mug dry and sank deeper into his depression.

Then the King stood. "Well, my mighty men and women," he said, putting special emphasis on "women", "Now we shall begin the tales. Hasugar has already told me his, and I will not vex him to tell it again. These Men of Gondor know what has passed in the Gap as well, so there is no need." he said, looking at Hasugar. "But I will ask you," he said turning to the Gondorians, "more on what your King has said. I hope that few people were put off by our missed delivery."

harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2004 12:47
Terry stood outside the main doors of the hall, keeping guard, though she did not know exactly why. She knew only very little: the fact that Hasugar had come to the city with horrible news, though she knew naught what the news was, and she also knew that riders had been sent to Gondor and had not yet returned, but riders from Gondor had. Perhaps she was supposed to be watching for the riders? They hardly ever told her anything, figuring that because she was a woman she need not be informed.

She sighed and leaned against the wall, glancing over at the man who was keeping guard of the door with her. They also kept guard of the door, making sure that all who entered were allowed to enter and not harmful to the king. She yawned a bit, upset and bored at the position, wondering why she had not been one of the riders to go to Gondor.

Peering out over the gradually darkening fields, the highlights in her hair glowing in the sunset, she hoped that there would be some action near them. It had been nearly two months since she had seen battle, and that was too long for her. She loved the excitement, though hated the fact that some of the 'good' warriors would die. She yawned again and closed her eyes, knowing that the man standing beside her would alert her if something went wrong. She could hear, though very faintly, the king and others speaking inside the hall. She smiled at the word 'women,' knowing that Faolan was probably in there too. She then frowned, wondering why she was not in there. She shrugged to herself and opened her eyes again, standing straight and watching as the sun sunk ever lower on the horizon.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2004 03:06
Just as one of the Gondorian riders was about to speak, he was cut off by the pushing out of Hasugar's chair. "If my lord would excuse me, I need some air. I have been indoors for too much time, and I long to walk outside the halls and watch for the return of our riders."

The King looked at Hasugar with understanding. "Of course, Hasugar. Take your air as much as you please. Just don't let the healers catch you outside when darkness falls. They will scold you for catching your death!" He smiled good-naturedly and let out a small laugh, as did Hasugar, and he bowed and took his leave.

The doorwarden opened the door for him and he stood gazing out on the vast plains of his homeland. It was early autumn, and a sweet, cold breeze came out of the north, sending a fragrance into Hasugar's nose. He breathed deeply, glad to be out of the stuff halls.Kingly is the Golden Hall, yet I cannot stay inside for a long time. It does my heart good to see the plains and smell the simbelmyne in the wind. He leaned against a collumn, and soon realized, he was not the only one occupying it. "Terry!" he said, slightly startled. "Hail and well met!"

[Edited on 10/12/2004 by Silivrentolwen]
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2004 03:09
*Foal watched Hasugar as he acted strangely during the toast and then as he went outside. She suddenly regretted ever doing it. "I don't think I should have drawn so much attention to him," she said to Eomer," I forgot how much he didn't like it, but I was so happy he was alright. Surely he doesn't blame himself for what happened. I mean who would have thought orcs would still be a threat."

Foal then eyed the Gondorians talking amongst themselves and also heard her stomach growl."I say, it must be time to eat. I am hungry or at least my stomach says so," Foal said looking around for a servant.**
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2004 05:43
Terry turned, not at all startled by the voice of the man, and smiled softly. "It is very much likewise, my lord Hasugar. How does this evening find you? Well, I would hope?" She watched his face as she waited for a response, noting how he seemed not to be in so much pain.

"It seems as though our healers made a good job of you, though I am not very surprised." She smiled again and leaned back against the column, staring off into the sunset.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2004 03:21
"Ah, yes, the healers have worked their craft well on me, but the evening does not find me well."
He could see Terry's look of question, so Hasugar explained himself.
"I suppose you have heard of all the goings on the past few days?"
Terry nodded.
"Then you know how I must feel. I've failed, Terry. And I'm so upset with myself, I don't know what to do, except ride back into battle, and right my wrongs. . . if they can ever be righted." He looked down at his feet, not able to go on.

But in the Golden Hall, he was being praised by his king. Eomer looked at Faolan. "So he does, Faolan. He feels that he has failed his men, when there is nothing he could have done to stop these orcs. And by failing his men, he feels he has failed me, but I know, he couldn't have done anything to make me think that."

[Edited on 13/12/2004 by Silivrentolwen]
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2004 11:57
Terry frowned and reached out her hand to comfort him, but let it fall useless at her side. She did not know the man well enough to use more than words, not just yet. "You have not failed your men, my lord. You did everything you could. And by living and coming here, you will have probably saved others from suffering the same fate." She stared out at the plains. "From the sound of it, these Orcs were vicious and horrible, though all Orcs are. You are very lucky to be alive yourself."

She had seen several more battles than a woman her age ever should have, and it was evident now in her eyes. She glanced over at him. "You have no wrongs to right, my lord, lest they be that you took too much responsibility upon yourself. It takes a brave and valiant man to do so, but it is needless and heedless, for he only hurts himself in doing so. And you are a brave man, my lord... If it is not too bold to say." She looked out upon the horizon, the last rays of the sun glowing in her eyes and in her hair before they disappeared and the sky turned a green-blue.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2004 05:49
"No," said Hasugar,"It isn't too bold to say, though I wish you wouldn't say it. For at this time, I believe it not to be true. But thank you, Terry, for your words. I shan't forget them." He turned to look at her. "And I believe it not that is was luck that saved me from death. Rather ill-fate." He turned and strode away, vanishing into the sunset.

Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2004 02:31
*Faolan brough a smile back to her face as servants began to file out with trays of food. A large roast was among them, steamed and fried vegetables, and a menagerie of desserts. The Gondorians looked very pleased as plates piled with steaming food were placed before them. It didn't take long before everyone began to dig in. After several minutes of much awaited feasting, one of the messengers began to speak. "King Eomer, your delivery of goods that we missed would have been convenient but it wasn't a neccesity. We were more concerned with the orcs little attack and the danger your men had succombed to." **
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 02:32
"That is well," King Eomer replied. "And I can assure everyone in Gondor and your King, that we will do everything in our power to resume trading once the threat is gone."

The king then turned his thoughts to what he would now do to rid the Gap of these pests. We cannot send or accept any more shipments. It's too dangerous. And we cannot openly assault them. They would just hide and wait until we have let our guard down to attack. Suddenly, an old, wizened face came into his mind. A face covered with a twiggy beard and deep, amber eyes. Fangorn! Fangorn and his Ents! They could help us defend the Gap! Or at least keep watch over it. But he may not remember me. But he would remember Merry! I will send for Merry as soon as possible. "Faolan," the King said when he had finished his thoughts. Faolan looked up at him in surprise.
"Faolan, I must speak with you when you are done here. Meet me in my chambers." he said this silently, so the Gondorians wouldn't hear.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2004 11:50
Terry watched Hasugar as he retreated, then turned her gaze back to the horizon and the rising moon. She watched its slow progression across the sky, and showed the slightest of smiles when the stars followed soon after. She leaned against the column behind her and yawned a bit, running a hand through her wind-swept hair. There seemed to be no trouble or visiting this night. She shivered a bit in the slight breeze that followed the complete darkness, wishing that she could be done with her time and go inside and rest. She had been up since very early the previous morning. She had been writing to a friend, who she thought could prove useful in protecting the Gap.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2004 04:42
Hasugar had made his way back to his chamber without going through the Golden Hall. His unease and pain were beginning to increase, so he thought it best to return to his bed. As soon as he was within his chambers and closed the door, a loud rap came from it. He opened it to find a healer, with a sour look on his face. "Yes,Waldred, what is it?"
"Where have you been? I told you," he said, his voice high pitched in anger, "not to be outside when it is dark and cold. Your leg will never heal if you expose it to the elements." He scolded Hasugar as if he were a child, and he was too tired to deal with this old coot. "Yes, I know, you've told me a thousand times and a thousand times more! But I tell you, I know my limitations and I will not be dictated to by some old badger! Good night!" He slammed the door in the old, grey man's face. He heard him huff off in a tantrum, then all was quiet.
Hasugar then made ready for bed. He took off his outer garments so that he was only in a loose shirt and breeches, and hobbled over to his bed, weary of the day.
All this talk has given me pains. I'm getting too old for this. Perhaps my time as a warrior is waining away. My failure in the Gap proved this. He shook the thoughts off and drifted into the silence of a dreamless sleep.

Elsewhere, the talk was also dying down, and the King streched out his limbs and yawned. "Well, noble friends, I suppose it is time for me to turn in. Sleep well. An aid will call for you in the morning to break fast with me. Until then, good night." He then turned on his heel and went through an open door to his chambers.

When he reached them, he sat in a richly adorned chair in the corner. Soon he would hear footsteps in the hallway, but he waited upon them patiently. She will come. She will know what great errand I have in store for her, and then she won't be able to sleep from her excitement. He chuckled to himself and then waited.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2004 04:03
*Foal nodded as Eomer whispered to her about talking in private. She then eyed the Gondorians who had not seemed to notice for the fact they were filling their plates for the second time. She then realized she could hardly eat because a storm had erupted in her mind. What did Eomer have in store for her? Would she finally get to chasing orcs or send a message. Foal did not have an eagerness for bloodshed and killing, but just to do something besides piddle around Meduseld. Similar to a kenneled hound who wants to run.

After fifteen or twenty minutes passed, Eomer stood and took his leave for the night. Foal was now beginning to get jittery but she knew she couldn't leave right after him. It would seem suspicious. So she stuck it out for another ten minutes, idly pushing around the food on her plate. After what seemed an eternity, Foal got up and addressed the Gondorians. "I have enjoyed this dinner with you, Soldiers of Gondor, but the hour grows late and I must rise early in the morning. When you have had your fill, Theowen will show you back to your rooms. Good night." With that Foal left the Golden Hall at slow walk. When she turned the corner, she sped up and jogged to Eomer's chamber. She found him sitting in his chair with a child-like grin on his face. Foal stood in the doorway and put her hands on her hips. "Eomer, you old dog. You better tell me what you have up your sleeve for me after you made me sit there and pontificate on the matter."**
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2004 10:25
Eomer's grin widened and soon he was bent over with laughter at her jest. "Oh, come now, Faolan! Am I that old? And was keeping you on pins and needles that dreadful? If it was, then you had better toughen up, or when real pain comes, you will surely not be ready for it." He laughed again, but he was sure Faolan was seething.

Eomer looked at her. "Come, sit." he motioned to a chair opposite him and Faolan took it. He cleared his throat and began again. "Now, heres what I have in store for you. I believe you remember a child-sized hobbit with a great heart that came to Pelenor fields with us. Do you remember him? Merry was his name. And I am sure that he would want to be joining us on our adventure, and I may need his aid when the time comes. Here is my bidding. I bid you to ride to the far off land of the Shire, beyond the Misty's. You will find no refuge in Rivendell, for all the elven kind have passed over the sea. When you find Merry, bring him back to Edoras. Tell him that the King of Rohan has sent for him, and he should take your meaning. Do not tarry long, and be swift in your search. If you do not know the way, here is something that may help." He pulled out a large map. "This is a map drawn up by Merry himself, before he left our land. It shows you the way to the Shire. You may take such riders as you think would be able to help you. That is all."
Eomer looked Faolan in the eyes, unable to tell if dread or joy lay behind them.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2004 12:08
rry was finally relieved of her guard duty and walked into the Great Hall, her skin tingling at the sudden warmth of the room. She nodded towards a rather short servant with a mop of curly hair, walking down a hallway to her quarters. All of the warriors had their quarters near each other, and she liked it, for it strengthened the sense of camaraderie between the fighters. She flopped down onto her bed not even bothering to take of her boots, and quickly fell asleep.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2004 05:28
*Faolan watched Eomer as he began telling her of hewr journey she must take to the Shire. Her eyes grew wide with a amazement like a child. "The Shire, really? Of course I will go. The land of little folk. Never have I been and I do remember Merry. A stout heart that one had." Faolan stood up not being able to remain seated any longer. "I think I will make this trip alone Eomer. I know you wouldn't like that but I want to. It can also be a trip to find myself again. I will leave first light tomorrow." With that Foal smiled and left the room. Suddenly, she popped her head back in startling Eomer a bit. "oh, and by the way, I am tough and don't you forget it! And yes, you are getting old!" Foal left and headed back to her room before Eomer could reply.

When she reached her room, she knew sleep would not come to her for a couple of hours. She walked over to her desk and pushed trinkets and things out of the way. She then unrolled the map sitting books on the edges to hold it open. She traced a finger along the map from Rohan to the Shire. "A long ride," she said to herself. "A really long ride. I hope Agarwaen is up to it." She looked at the map a while longer before beginning to pack. It was two hours before she went to sleep. She thought about the morning and how great it will be to see the Shire.**
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2004 09:14
bump
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2004 05:22
[I am sorry, I went away for the holidays and only returned late last night.]

Terry woke up before dawn to a soft knocking on her door. Looking outside her window, she judged that it was about four in the morning. She yawned and stood, lumbering over to the door. She then remembered that she had early watch this morning, and it was probably one of the other guards standing outside her door. She tightened her belt and opened the door, running a hand through her disheveled hair. She cast a quick glance and a nod at her companion, and the two of them made their way to the main doors of the Great Hall. They made a stop in the kitchens on their way, each picking up a piece of fruit to satisfy their stomachs until breakfast.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 03:37
Eomer had laughed till his sides hurt at Faolan's comments. He knew better than to take her seriously. Most kings would have had her locked away for being so familiar and seemingly rude, but Eomer was not that way. He was always a people's man, and didn't consider himself "high and mighty" like other kings did.
He slept well all through the night, and when he awoke with a headache, he knew he had drunk too much ale. He got up quickly and dressed in his royal garments and rushed to his throne.

Hasugar had awoke, a slight twinge in his leg. He carefully sat up and rubbed his forehead. He had thought he heard strange sounds in the night. But he saw nothing. He only heard the fearful noises of horses, the clash of swords, and the screams of men, but it had passed and he layed there for several more hours. An aid walked into his chamber and helped him dress. "Oh," he said,"and before I forget, I brought you something from the healers." He went to the corner where he had laid a crutch. "They said it would help you get around better, and he told me that he will not take 'no' for an answer. Hasugar took it grudgingly and went from his room to the stable.
Elennar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2005 05:08
Nenuvar was riding her stallion quickly across the plain of Rohan. She had come from Gondor, a three day journey, and her horse was faltering.She only hurried because they heard in Gondor that riders were needed in Rohan.So she came.
Nenuvar pushed her stallion up the hill, to the gates."Open, I come from Gondor!" She shouted. The gates opened, and Nenuvar rode through. She made her way to the stables,and dismounted, breathing hard after her long journey.She asked for a stall from one of the nearby people, and then walked her horse in.Going into a stall she caught sight of somebody on a crutch, with his horse. His leg looked bad."What happened to you?" She said, unsaddling her horse, who snorted, grateful.She put the saddle on the rack outside the stall.

[Edited on 5/1/2005 by Elennar]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email