Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Remnants or The Assault on the Trade Route (Please see ooc to join)
on: January 05, 2005 01:41
Terry watched the Gondorian rider ride in, and walked inside. She knelt before Eomer, bowing her head. "A rider from Gondor is here, my lord." She was not really sure what to do, as she was rather new to this job. She glanced up at him, head still lowered, and waited his reply.

[Edited on 1/22/2005 by harmada1legolasluva]
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Remnants or The Assault on the Trade Route (Please see ooc to join)
on: January 05, 2005 04:54
"Another rider from Gondor?" Eomer asked aloud. He may enter the hall after he has seen to his horse. And summon the other Gondorians. They may know who has come."

Hasugar looked up, expecting to see a man. Surprised to say the least, he stuttered. "Uh. . . I . . . was ambushed by orcs." He returned to brushing his horse, not wanting to continue the subject. He turned his head, "And what buisness does a woman of Gondor have in the Riddermark? We already have some other riders of your country in Meduseld. Do you bring more word from your King?" The look on his face was inquisitive, yet grim.
Elennar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 09:07
Nenuvar smiled, and asked the stren man no more about his injury." I came only because it was heard in Gondor more riders were needed." She said, ignoring the comment about her being a woman."I can ride and fight, that is why I came. As for word from the King, I bring none because none was given me to bring." She began brushing the sweat off her stallion quickly.The horse snorted,not liking it.

[Edited on 5/1/2005 by Elennar]
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2005 12:20
Terry smiled faintly. "I will, my lord. But... this rider is a woman, my lord." She stood. "I will go summon the others." She bowed shortly and left the hall, smiling to herself. She walked down the hall where the Gondorian riders were staying, knocking on their doors.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2005 07:01
Eomer could not hide his shock. "A woman, you say. Well then, she is most welcome, but let her know that we will not be riding for battle for a short while. I have some things that I must see to."

He then rose and left the Golden Hall, to find Faolan. Shortly after leaving, he ran into her in a corridor. "Excuse me, my lady, but I must know, are you prepared to leave for the Shire? Our time is now running short, and Merry will be needed greatly."

Elsewhere, Hasugar continued his talk with the Lady of Gondor. "Well, then, my lady, your sword will serve us greatly in the days to come, though, I fear that we will not depart for battle for some time. We must gather our full strength, as your country must do also, before we march on the evil that defiles the Gap and the Mountains. How did you fare in your journey? I was hoping you could tell me of anything you encountered on your ride here."

[Edited on 7/1/2005 by Silivrentolwen]
Elennar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2005 04:32
Nenuvar turned once again to the Man of Rohan, listening to him.She bit her lip. "Well,there were no orcs, to my good fortune, when I first entered Rohan, but later on, I saw some heading in the direction of the Gap.They were more than a few, to be sure,and it seemed as if they were more organized than usual, for orcs. I then hurried on to Edoras. "She looked grim, and turned back to her horse, listening to his reply.

[Edited on 7/1/2005 by Elennar]
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2005 12:13
*Foal was thinking about whether she had everything or not to make the journey to the Shire when she bumped into Eomer.

"Excuse me, my lady, but I must know, are you prepared to leave for the Shire? Our time is now running short, and Merry will be needed greatly."

Foal nodded as she listened to Eomer. "Yes, Yes. I have everything I think. I was just looking for you to tell you I would be off," she said with a smile. Eomer then looked at her slightly confused. "You have changed much Eomer. I remember a time when you did not take to kindly to Merry and you doubted him. But that was dark times. Anyway, do you think the hobbits will like me? I mean being a big person and all." Foal left him laughing once again as she made her way back to her room. She wore light traveling clothes of green with a long green cloak and riding boots. On the chest of her tunic was a white horse. She strapped on her sword and quiver, shouldered her bow, and snatched up her bulging saddle bags. With a final sigh, she walked out of her room and headed for the stables.

She was thinking once again about her journey as she walked into the stables. She then noticed Hasugar brushing his horse and was about to greet him when another person caught her eye. It was a woman, and judging by her saddle and garb, a woman of Gondor. Foal walked up to her saying "Welcome, " she continued on when she got closer. "Welcome to Rohan, Faolan, Soldier and blood to the King. It lightens my heart to know that Gondor has women of the blade as well. I thought it not so when I recieved some of the comments and looks from the Gondorian men that arrived." She placed a hand on the woman's shoulder as an act of friendship. "Eomer will show you to my hand maidens who will make you feel most at home," Foal said as she made her way further down the breezeway where her horse, Agarwaen, stood saddled. She tied on her saddle bags behind the pommel and led him outside the stables. She the mounted and clucked him to a slow trot towards the gates of Edoras.**
Elennar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2005 03:47
Nenuvar turned to this woman who welcomed her so readily.She smiled. "I am glad to be here." She said in reply. She watched the woman ride off, relived that at least there was a woman riding amongst all the men. If there was not she would have probably ridden back to Gondor, except she and her family were loyal to Rohan. She pushed back thoughts about her family, and spoke to the man."I am done caring for my stallion, is there anywhere I need to be, and where is Eomer?"
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 04:37
Hasugar looked at the Gondorian woman. "Hmmm. . . I know not. You may perhaps find the King in the Golden Hall, but he may not take audience with you today. He is a busy man. But you will find your lodging in the Hall, as Faolan said. I go likewise to the Hall, for my injured stallion has been well cared for," he said, sending a wink to a younge stable boy. He beemed with pride. "Thank you, my lord!" "Oh, and one thing lad, be careful with the rations you give him. I do not want him getting to fat before battle." "Yes, my lord!"

Hasugar turned back to the lady of Gondor. "Come, I shall be your escourt." He offered his arm in a gentlemanly fashion.

Eomer burst through the doors of the Golden Hall in time to catch Faolan. "Faolan," he called from the top of the stairs, "Ride now, and find our valliant friend, and may you find speed and safety on your road! Go with the good will of Rohan and Gondor!" He then raised his hand in a gesture of farewell.
Elennar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 09:13
Nenuvar smiled. "You have a lovely horse"She said as she took his arm."Tell me, what is your name?"They walked outside, the wind blowing their hair. Suddenly she let go of his arm. "You are on crutches, and I do not wish to hinder you" She said, but quickly ended the subject, seeing it was tender to talk of him on crutches. "Thank you, though," She said.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 01:25
Terry walked out the front door of the great hall after alerting the other Gondorian riders of the lady's arrival, only to see her being led up to the hall by Hasugar. She shrugged and leaned against one of the pillars, waiting for the two to reach the doors. She was still on watch duty, and yawned, covering her mouth politely with her hand.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2005 07:35
*Foal turned her horse quickly as he yelled out from the balcony of the Golden Hall. She nodded to him and waved. Her horse then reared with excitement and she spurred him to a gallop through the gates and onto a dust path out across the plain. She wanted to reach Helm's Deep by nightfall and make camp there. It was a good 80 miles or more. She would have to pace Agarwaen well so she could make the journey quick but with out running him to death. The day waned and the sun scorched.

Foal took a few breaks to water and she ate in the saddle. Bread and dried meat. She pushed on until the sun was already heading into the west. She skirted the mountains but she knew Helm's Deep was not too far yet. Dusk began to surround them as she could barely get a glimpse of the Hornburg. Soon after, she was trotting up to the massive gates of Helm's Deep. Much of it had been repaired since the Battle, but scaffolds and tools could still be seen. The workers had finished for the night. As she approached the gate, the guards looked down at her. When they recognized Foal, they saluted and opened up.

Foal booted Agarwaen through into the Hornburg and his hooves clooped on the stone floor. A boy quickly ran up and took her reins as she dismounted. Agarwaen was sweating and frothy, but still fiery as always. "Cool him down good boy before you feed," she said as she tossed him a silver coin. The dusty haired boy caught it nimbly and nodded. "The last thing I need is for him to colic," Foal finished as she patted Agarwaen's neck. Foal removed her saddlebags and watched as the boy lead the red stallion off to the stalls. A man came up behind her and said, "My Lady, what news is their from Edoras. We heard rumors of orc attacks." Foal removed her riding gloves as her and the man, an officer, walked into the hall. "It is no rumor. Orc remnants have ambushed some of our men on the trade road to Gondor. King Eomer and King Aragorn have not come to a decision on a plan of action. I have my own task to see to and I need a room for the night, " Foal said. The officer nodded and held his tongue. He knew better then to ask the business Foal had. He showed her to her room where she drooped her bags and weapons and collapsed on the bed.**

OOC- sorry so long, i get so descriptive and elaborate....hehe
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 07:22
ooc-Sorry?! You have no reason to be! Excellent post.

Hasugar looked at the Gondorian woman and smiled. "You could not hinder me, lady. I may be wounded, but it will not stop me from giving you my courteousy. But if you wish not to hold my arm, you may." They continued on to the door of the Golden Hall. Hasugar nodded to Terry, and she followed them. Inside, the King sat up on the dais, stroking his chin with his hand, his eyes downward.

"My lord, Eomer, a woman of Gondor is here to speak with you."

Eomer looked up, almost startled. "Oh, yes." He stood up. "Hail and well met, lady of Gondor. Some of you fellow warriors are already staying with us. Welcome to the Land of Rohan."

Just then, the Gondorian message riders entered the Hall. "Ah, and here they are. Your fellow countrymen. They have brought tidings from the king, and are preparing to leave after noontide." The riders bowed to King Eomer.

[Edited on 11/1/2005 by Silivrentolwen]
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 01:59
Terry stood at the back of the hall, watching on silently. She felt a bit left out of all of this, and in a sense she was. She had nothing to do at the moment, but knew that it would be impolite to leave the hall. She yawned again, covering her mouth with her hand, and admired the King Eomer from beneath her eyelashes. Ever since she had first seen him, she had been attracted to him, and working so closely to him drove her a bit mad. She showed no sign of it to anyone, and so no one suspected anything, and for that she was thankful.
Elennar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 04:45
Nenuvar smiled back at the man, and took a breath as she entered the building.She was nervous, thinking of all the men, and their reaction to a woman riding with them."Thank you. I am honoured to be here." She said in reply, just before her fellow Gondorians came in. She glanced at them nervously. In return they looked shocked, except the ones who had seen her go.She also saw out of the corner of her eye another woman.She in turn also bowed to King Eomer, and stayed silent, too shy and cautious to say anything esle in reply.
Elennar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 11, 2005 04:47
Nenuvar smiled back at the man, and took a breath as she entered the building.She was nervous, thinking of all the men, and their reaction to a woman riding with them."Thank you. I am honoured to be here." She said in reply, just before her fellow Gondorians came in. She glanced at them nervously. In return they looked shocked, except the ones who had seen her go.She also saw out of the corner of her eye another woman.She in turn also bowed to King Eomer, and stayed silent, too shy and cautious to say anything esle in reply.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2005 09:45
Eomer looked at the riders, then back to Nenuvar. "Well then, I shall let you speak with one another in private. Terry," he said, diverting his attention, "show these fine warriors to the small dining hall, and make sure the ale is flowing and the meat good and hot. I shall take my leave, and break my fast in my chambers." His eyes locked with Hasugar's as if to tell him something, and he strode out of the hall. The others followed suite.

In his chambers, a large trencher of meat and mug of ale were set before the King, when a knock came from the door. "Enter," Eomer said, looking up from his meal. It was Hasugar.

"You wanted to see me, my Lord?"
"I'd hoped you would know." He drank from his mug, and continued. "I feel I've been neglecting you, my friend."
"Nay, Lord! You've been most generous! Pray do not think me uncared for, or ungrateful!"
"I think you not ungrateful. I just think I've been neglecting you and your brave deeds upon the field of battle. The fault is mine."
Hasugar tried to speak, but Eomer put up his hand to silence him. "You are a good leader of men, Hasugar. That shall not be overlooked." He stood and drew his sword. "Kneal."
Hasugar did so, painfully. "I hearby make you captian of the Mark, and Royal Guard of the Golden Hall. Arise, Haugar, and join them."
Tears streamed down Hasugar's face. "My Lord, I thank you!"
"Tis in honor of your deeds. You have no need to thank me." He smiled, and gave him a small slip of parchment. "Give this to the smithy, and he will make your new armour, sword and shield."
Hasugar wiped his face, and bowed low. "Yes, my Lord." He quickly departed, hardly able to contain his happiness.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2005 01:52
Terry broke out of her trance at the calling of her name, and nodded in response to Lord Eomer's request, bowing shortly. She walked through the throng of Gondorian warriors, then turned, the ghost of a polite smile painted across her features. "Follow me, if you will."

She lead them down a short hallway, to a room that appeared very large, but once compared to the Grand Dining Hall, there was no competition. She made sure that the warriors were comfortably seated before she bowed and spoke. "I will return with your food and drinks, my lords and lady." She then left and trotted quickly down to the kitchens, passing word to the servants of the Gondorian party. They had the meal prepared in a moment, and Terry herself carried the large tray boasting heavy mugs, meat, and plates, holding the large pitcher of ale in her other hand. Once she made it into the room, she set her burden on the table.

"If you are in need of anything else, my lords and lady, I will be standing just outside the door." She bowed once more and took her leave, good to her word, standing just outside the open door, leaving them to their talk.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2005 09:15
OOC- ok i am going to proceed even though my concept of time will not be the same as everyone back in Rohan.

*Foal woke bright and early with the rays of the rising sun that filtered through her snall window. She stood up with a yawn and a stretch. She realized she had slept in exactly what she hit the bed with, boots and all. Foal shrugged though she felt slightly guilty for whoever had to clean the now dusty and dirty sheets. Remembering what a long journey she still had before her, she quickly threw on her quiver and grabbed her bow and saddlebags. When she headed back through the dining hall, a servant approached her with a tray of food. Foal couldn't help but smile as the warm steam from eggs, fresh bread, and sausage swirled around her. She thanked the servant who bowed away and quickly sat and began to eat.

It didn't take long for Foal to finish her hearty breakfast and she washed it down with a bit of ale. With a satisfied stomach, she got up and headed down to the stalls. Agarwaen was tied in the breezeway, saddled and bridled. He whickered when he saw her and she could tell he had also had a good breakfast. Foal tossed the saddle bags behind the cantle and tied the down with leatherstraps. She the checked the girth and tightened it a bit. With everything looking in order, she untied Agarwaen and began leading him out inot the Hornburg and back towards the main gate. As the guards saluted and began to open the gates, Foal mounted a very energetic Agarwaen and trotted out of Helm's Deep and back down the large stone ramp.

Foal rode on at a nice lope for a while thinking over where she would like to get today. It wouldn't take her more then two hours to get to the Gap of Rohan and Isenguard. So two hours came and went and sure enough there was Isengard. Still full of water and debris it was. But at least plants and small trees were beginning to grow around it again. Just past Isengard, Foal rode onto the North-South Road. Travelling would be much easier on the dirt path then across country. She quit holding back her horse and made a little click. Agarwaen quicked to a steady gallop that would make good time. He was a very athletic horse and Foal didn't worry about letting him keep that pace for a few hours.

And so on and on they rode ever Northward. Once again, dusk began to fall and Foal began to search for a good place to make a camp. No cozy bed to sleep on tonight but Foal was used to the rugged life. They were good ways into the Enedwaith and not far from Dunland. Tharbad was the next real town and Foal figured that was still a good two hundred miles away. The next place where she would get a good meal. Foal found a small thicket that was secluded from unwanted eyes off the road a ways. She unsaddled Agarwaen and threw down a small blanket where she lay nibbling on more dried meat. Within twenty minutes, her heavy eyelids had closed and she drifted into sleep.**
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 11:36
It was eventide before Hasugar returned to his chambers. The smithy had already been working on his armor, and was now finished. And fine it was indeed. A mail skirt was made, and a belt, with designs all about it of horses and two spears came to meet at the clasp, and the buckle was a horses head. His chestplate was made of leather and metal, with many designs and runes set upon it, of horses and in the middle was a sunburst, made of gold that glittered in the dusk. And gold was the handle of his sword, wrapped in leather, with a horse in stride as the hilt. And in his arm, he held a helm, with a long flowing horses tail pluming from the head.

The taylor had also made for him new undergarments and leather boots, to match his new livery.

As he walked through the town, everyone stared at him, for they knew what had happened. Some even bowed, and if Hasugar would have known it, he surely would have put a stop to it. But he was not looking to the side, but straight at the Golden Hall. He must show the King his new livery and report for duty.

Eomer had joined the Gondorian riders for a luncheon, and had spoken of many things with them. Nenuvar seemed to intrigue him the most, for he was sure it was frowned upon for a woman to be so skilled in arms. He was sure that Eowyn would have to meet her, if he returned to Minas Tirith. She would enjoy her company.
Dusk had fallen, and the King returned to his throne,and was seeing to some matters of state, when Hasugar entered. He was still limping, but he had abandoned his crutch outside the hall. He did not want to appear weak in his armor. Eomer stood and smiled. "Well, Hasugar, the smithy has outdone himself. You look well, very well!"
"Thank you, lord. What shall my first order of duty be? My service is thine."
"Tonight, I give you no order, for the day has waned, and night is not the time for such things. But this I give you. In the morn, I would have you ride on the West Road to Fenmarch and marshal as many men as can be found. You have two days. Bring them to Edoras, for from Edoras we shall set out to war. But for now, take rest, and awake with the dawn. Such is my first order to you, Hasugar of the Royal Guard."
"By your word, my King, I shall do so." He bowed and exited the Hall.

Eomer then turned back to what was at hand. "What news do the scouts report, Gamling?"
"Our riders are coming, and shall be here by midnight. I have sent word to Snowbourne, and they shall send some men, but not many. They were hit hardest by Pelenor, and do not have many men to spare."
"That is well. We shall be giving a small tithe of our strength, and Gondor shall supply the rest. Then we must look to Fangorn."
"Fangorn, my lord?" Gamling asked.
The king only looked at him and smiled. "I take my leave."
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2005 01:30
It was late and very dark, with the silvery orb of the moon hanging like an ornament above the silent plains before Terry finally returned to her chambers. She found these past few days of service tiring and boring. As beautiful as the scenery of the Rohan fields was, standing outside of a door and waiting for someone to come in did not please her. She had been trained on the battlefield, trained for war, not to stand guard outside of a door that hardly needed guarding. She sighed and ran a hand through her hair, depositing her sword and belt in a chair in the corner. She sat on her bed and held her head in her hands.

'I should never have become part of the 'official guard,' she thought to herself. 'Travelling with Harma, Aran, and Tasar was always much more eventful than this.' She pondered, for a very brief moment, over backing out of the guard and finding Harma again. She then shook her head. She was never one to back out of something once she had signed herself to it. She got up and quickly changed for the night, then slipped into bed, thinking for a long time before the clutches of unconsciousness finally showed her some mercy, and she drifted off into a blissfully dreamless sleep.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 06:40
A restlessness hung over Eomer that night. He tossed and turned in his large bed, the furs thrown on the floor. Sleep was eluding him, and his thoughts plauged him. And when he finally nodded off, he heard screams, and noises of war, and all he could see was shapes of men and orcs through a bloody haze over his eyes. He shot up in bed, and the visions faded. A sigh of relief escaped from his mouth. What troubles you this night? he asked of himself. Why do these memories come and haunt you this night, when you have done so much good today? He threw off the bed linens and walked to the Golden Hall. The fire was dying, so he put on more wood, and rubbed his hands.
In the quiet, he heard shuffling footsteps, and he quickly turned. An aid stood nearby. "Oh, it's you, Aeschere."
"Yes, lord. Are you all right?"
"No. Sleep has not come easy this night."
"Shall I fetch the healer? He has a tonic that could cure it."
"No. Do not bother him tonight. If you would just fetch me some weed, I would be happy to sit and smoke."
"Here is mine," he said, handing the King a leather pouch. "Will that suffice?"
"Oh yes. Thank you."
The servent bowed and began to leave. "Actually, there is one more thing." the King said.
"Name it, lord."
"Could you go and get someone for me?"
"Whom would my lord wish to speak with?"
The King thought on this for a moment. "Go and get Terry. And send her my apologies if I have awakened her, but it is the king's desire to speak with her."
"I shall." The servent then left to do his Lord's will.

A dear friend she was to me, the king mused, and I have ignored her. I need someone to talk to, someone I can trust, and honor, and who knows of the horrors of war.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2005 11:40
Terry was wakened some time during the night by a steady rap at her door. "My lady Terry? Are you awake?"

Terry sat up and ran a hand over her face, then through her hair. "Yes." She stood and wrapped her dressing gown around her, walking quickly to the door and opening it. She smiled at the servant. "Hello, Aeschere. What can I do for you this evening?"

Aeschere bowed. "My lady, the Lord Eomer wishes your company."

Terry slightly raised an eyebrow, then nodded. "Thank you, Aeschere. I will be there momentarily." He bowed again and she closed the door, running a worried hand through her hair. Why would Eomer want to speak with her, this late at night? A slight blush rose to her cheeks as she glanced in the mirror. It would not be right to appear wearing her night dress and such. She quickly changed into a pair of breeches, a clean white shirt, and slipped on a pair of soft leather shoes. She grabbed a tie for her hair and left the room, tying her hair up into a bun as she walked quickly down the hallway.

She arrived at Eomer's door, taking a deep breath. She had never seen his chambers before, that she could remember, and certainly not late at night. She forced the blush in her cheeks to recede, shaking her head to clear her mind. She then knocked softly, and awaited his answer.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2005 12:47
*Foal woke with a yawn and a grumbly belly. She stretched out of her blankets and began brushing messy hair out of her face. She then snatched up her saddle bags and began rummaging for food. All the options she had were bread and dried meat or bread and dried meat. Naturally she chose bread and dried meat and began munching hungrily. Foal knew she should probably ration herself because they still had a four day run or so. She was never good a rationing because she was like a walking stomach, always eating and yet so lean.

Agarwaen made a soft whicker from where he was tied to a tree. Foal got up out of the warm blankets reluctantly and walked over to hand him the last of her bread. She then beagn takiing down camp, if it could be called that. It didn't her long to have every packed back into the bulking saddle bags. After she saddled and mounted, she headed back for the road. It would be travelling on the road for the rest of the journey which was nice.

Foal travelled for two days only stopping to drink and camp at night. On the dusk of the second eve, she reached Tharbad. She was extrememly disappointed. she had totally forgotten that the city was abandoned sometime in the third age when it was flooded during the Fell winter. It was an ancient city of men that rests right on the Gwathlo or Greyflood river. Ruins still stood though and there was a good chance they could camp under a roof.

After the desolation of Tharbad, Foal was on the road again and travelled another two days. The first night she camped near a fork in the road. She headed up the Northeast fork because the North fork led to Bree. She rode on, crossed the Brandywine in Sarnford and thus was in the Shire. It was well after nightfall when she reached Hobbiton. She camped in a small wooded patch off the road, deciding not disturb hobbits so late at night.**
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 06:21
Merry paused over the book sprawled over his nimble desk and chair, dimly lit the dwindling light of his candle as it perched precariously on the edge of the table, until pulling it backwards into a more safe position, leanedback in his chair. Tawny curls lolloped over his forehead , dark eyes dancing with his usual mischeif as the memoirs seeped back.

The good years, he and Pippin called them. The Fellowship years. Where he'd idly wandered into something back then, his simple soul couldn't even comprehend, how friends had withered to become nothing more then a whisper in the wind - and how at the end of it, he became a steward of Rohan.

Whistling to himself, he flipped his hairy feet from under the desk, took his stick from the wall and strode easily from his hobbit hole - a most precarious notion for a hobbit to be walking about late at night, but then he always was a strange hobbit.

Hopping off the narrow dirt track his instincts led him to the ditches whee travellers would always camp at the side of the road and where Merry, more awake at night with the budding thoughts of war adventure, usually found his dreaming spot. It was a clear, placid night with a ful buxom moon cirlcing the heavens, brisk wind tickling his rosy cheeks. Eying the empty stillness with a deep rolling sigh, he moved to sit on a rather lumpy patch of grass, but shot indigantly up, stick pointed accusingly at the shifting mound.

" What evils is this? Shwo yourself!" he demanded archly, rounded tones reminiscent still of his farmer days, though its charm was infectious.
" Youse be a human" he frowned thoughtfully as they rose to tower over him.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 10:16
"Enter," Eomer said quietly, as he stood up to greet Terry. "Hello, my lady. I was hoping I could speak with you, for my mind is troubled with many thoughts." He stopped shortly when he actually looked at her. Somewhat dissheveled in appearance she was, but still beautiful. He had always thought her beautiful, but never dared to say as much. King and warrior though he was, he was not skilled in words with women. And Terry was no different.
"Please, sit."
Terry did as much.
"A dear friend you have been to me, and comfort." His words choked his throat, and the dream he had had was coming back to him. He looked at the ground, slightly embarrassed at what was in his mind, a weakness.
"Do you remember Pelenor?"
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 11:03
Terry's eyes went slightly wide and foggy, and she looked down at the ground, embarrassed to be seen as so emotional. Even though Eomer was her friend, he was also her king, and she did not want to be seen as weak. She nodded and shuddered slightly. She could still hear his cry as he discovered his sister's body, to all appearances dead. She looked up at him once her eyes had cleared. "I do indeed, my lord." She tucked a piece of hair that she had not managed to pull back behind her ear, and gave him a bit of a questioning look. "If I may ask, why do you bring it up now?"

She felt a bit self-conscious, in the presence of the man she secretly adored, so late at night and in his chambers no less. She tried not to fidget as she awaited his answer.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2005 10:10
*Foal stood rubbing her eyes as the small hobbit poked her. She looked down at him for he only reached a her hip. Foal was very tall for a woman. "Merry? Please say it is so. I stayed in the woods because i didn't want to draw attention to myself. I remember hearing that hobbits weren't found of the big folk." Foal sat back down and was now almost eye level with the hobbit. "Anyway, I have urgent business to discuss from Rohan. I don't mean to be prudent but I am quite famished and have heard of the good food of the Shire," Foal said with a youthful smile.*
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 04:53
Eomer looked at Terry, his heart in his eyes. "Visions of that day have troubled me this night. I have seen the men, dying again, and the orcs, so many of them, and everywhere, blood, red blood." He looked down at the ground, embarassed and tormented.

"What shall I do? They will not go away. I cannot surpress them, not anymore. And Eowyn. . . this night I have awoken before I have seen her body, but the scar from it. . . from thinking she was dead, it was more than I could bear. I know she lives, she is in Ithillien right now, but my mind plays it over and over again. I can't take it anymore, Terry! I just can't!"

He wept silently, his eyes not leaving the floor. He heard her leave her seat, and kneel before him. He looked up to see her face, so very close to his. "Terry, you are dear to me, and your counsel I would trust. How can I be rid of my grief?"
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 09:28
Terry shook her head and gently brushed a piece of golden hair behind his ear. She had never seen Eomer so vulnerable before, and she felt a moment of pride that he trusted her so. She sighed and looked down at her hands, then back up at him, her eyes rimmed with tears. "I do not hold the answer you seek, my lord." The tears gently fell down her cheeks. "For I have never rid myself of the grief I possess, either."

She looked down at her hands again, thinking over her next words. "I have found, however, that if you share your grief with others it lightens your burden." She glanced back up into his eyes, and her heart skipped a beat. "And if you are willing, you may share some of your grief with me. As you have already partly done so." She smiled reassuringly and awaited his reply, unsure whether she had overstepped the boundaries between the two of them.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 10:33
" Foal?" he blinked quizzically, wild tawny hair stirring in the wind. Eying the shadows warily about her frame he shrugged, stepped closer and made a mock attempt at a bow. " Aye" he nodded, evident delight at seeing his friend again. " Blimey you've strayed far for food - or is it the Shire which calls you so eh?" he teased, swinging his arm through the air. " Follow me" he grinned eagerly, hopping as if youth was still fresh his veins; in truth he resembled an ecentric, middle aged hobbit, still as hopelessly charming as ever.

Guiding the human towards his own hobbit hole he opened the door quietly. " you may have to bend a little" he motioned to the low ceilings, plodding towards the oil lamps and setting them to bathe a dewy, faint glow about the interior. Bustling of to the kitchen he returned with a full platter of hams, chesses and sliced bread, a full flagon of mead already present from his early 'tipple'. " Hobbit tradition is that" he gestured to the mead " none better in all of Hobbiton i'd wager - even Eowyn likes a drop when she comes to visit. Theodwyn almost downs it" he smiled fondly, reminiscing of Eomer's neice, when snapping quickly from his daydream he turned an avid, eager strare to the human.

" Tuck in!" he licked his lips, a sure sign of intrigue. " So what youse doing all the way out here then? Last time i seen you was-" he paused " gone from my mind, everything seems to be going lately. It's this place - love Shire to bits o'course" he added hastily " but - well. It can get quite tedious at times. You're a warrior of course...everything's different for you"

[Edited on 24/1/2005 by Etaina]
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 04:30
Eomer looked at Terry, his eyes blurred with tears. His hand went to hold her face. He wiped one of her tears away with his thumb.
"Terry," he said in a whisper, but he could not finish. His mind was a tangle of questions and doubt, but none of that mattered right now. The woman he loved was there, within his grasp, and he only had to reach out and draw her to him.

But what if she doesn't feel the same? What if. . .

It was to late for that now. Already, she was drawing near to his face. Their lips met lightly, and his chest felt as if it would explode. He moved his hand through her hair, releasing it from it's bonds, and he kissed her. His eyes were shut, but he could tell by the way she was reacting, she wanted this. She was letting him kiss her. He was sure of it. And when at length, it ended, he slowly opened his eyes to see her beautiful face, but her brow was wrinkled.

He stammered for the words to say.

"Terry. . . I . . .urm. . ."
Then it came to him. He must say what was in his heart.

"My love for you can not be overcome by my grief of the past. I love you, Terry. I love you."
He looked into her eyes, not sure of what laid behind them.

[Edited on 25/1/2005 by Silivrentolwen]
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 05:21
Terry blinked. 'Am I dreaming?' She stared into his eyes and smiled. No, it was not a dream. He had actually just said that he loved her. Then it dawned on her. She should say something back.

"My lord... Eomer, I - " she stammered, tripping over her words. "I love you, too." She reached her hands behind his head and threaded her fingers in his hair, something she had always wanted to do but never had the courage to do. She leaned forward and kissed him again, her heart fluttering in her chest, the butterflies in her stomach very much awake. This is what she had been dreaming of for so long, and she finally had it.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 09:35
*Foal was very happy indeed to find that it was Merry. She eagerly followed him to his home and tied Agarwaen on the fence outside. She bent down to step into the circular door of the hobbit hole and gasped in awe when she entered. The inside of Merry's home amazed her even though her head brushed the ceiling. Foal had never seen anything like it. As she continued to follow him into the kitchen, she was overwhelmed with the aromas of fresh fine food.

She took a seat in a chair that was just about two sizes too small for her and listened as Merry gathered food and spoke of his visits from Eowyn and Theodwyn. Foal nodded gloomily. "Too long has it been since I last seen my cousin Eowyn and my little Theo. I miss them dearly. As a large platter of food was placed before her, Foal didn't have to be asked twice to start eating. She began with a bit of ham and cheese and was quickly clearing the plate. She stopped for a moment and took a swig of mead. Merry then spoke of when he last saw her.

"I know of the dark times when we last fought together, dear Merry, and I know you remember them all too well. But alas that time is over now friend. And dont' think that just because I am a soldier means I always have something exciting and interesting to do. I have mostly been just playing the part of farrier and trainer to the horses. Don't get me wrong of course. I love all our horses dearly, but shadows still stir on the road to Gondor. I have come, not just for the great food, but to ask Merry if he would once again serve and offer his blade to Rohan?" **
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2005 10:26
" Merry? Offer his blade to Rohan? He most certainly will not!" came a disgruntled bark from the nearest, arched door, Maggie his wife waddling in, fiery hair in dissaray on her shoulders. " He's staying here right where he belongs with his family - and what you think your doing having strangers in at this time o'the night eh?" she scowled turned to Merry, whom blushing sheepishly, offered a small shrug. " She's my friend Maggie dear - one of my oldest, my very oldest. She's a warrior" he smiled in awe though Maggie turning a blunt, naiev stare upon the human shook her head.

" Your not though are you? Your a hobbit! Hobbits dont go fighting wars, they stay and plough thier feilds. Love you know that" she rebuked fondly. Merry blinked absently for a few minutes, looked from Faolan to his wife and broke in a grin brimming with a mischevious pride. " I am a steward of Rohan - and i've proved myself in battle. You knew that when you married me" he noted, inclining his curly head towards the woman he revered on equal terms with Eowyn - she was after all, the sheildmaidens cousin and Theodwyn's kin.

" I shall gladly accompany you - can't let you go on your own. You'd get youself hurt" he teased boyantly, rubbing his palms eagerly together, eyes dancing. " So - when do we go?" he asked with a grin, Maggie humphing with her arms crossed over her chest, a dark scowl turning her lips into a downward curve. Trudingly with slow, sullen steps towards the stove, she dragged a heavy steel kettle, lit the fire to warm to water already in it and clicked it on. " S'pose it's for that big person's king" she mused dourly " what's his name....Eomer? The one with the temper" she perced her lips as her husband gave a feverant nod. " Great man, great man - Faolan's his cousin you know!" he tipped his head towards her. " with all his daring" he grinned proudly
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email