Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Remnants or The Assault on the Trade Route (Please see ooc to join)
on: January 26, 2005 09:49
Eomer's heart felt as though it would burst.

She loves me! She truly loves me!

He could barely contain his happiness, as she drew in for another kiss. Oh, how sweet her lips were. So red and moiste. He felt he could stay in that moment forever, kissing the woman he loved.
When it came to an end, he put his hands on her shoulders, and then moved them up to cup her face.
"You have made me most happy this night, and eased some of my grief. But, it is not fitting that we should be here, like this. I would not have you do something you may regret in the future."
He rose from his chair, holding Terry's hands as she rose as well. "I will see you to the door." He smiled down on her and kissed her forehead. Terry then turned on her heal toward the door. But before she could open it, Eomer held it shut. She turned round and he kissed her once more, ending it briefly and letting her exit his chambers.
He watched her walk away into the darkness, and he closed the door slowly.
Eomer's heart was still racing as he leaned against the door to his chamber.
She loves me. The most beautiful lady in my land, loves me.

It was his last thought, before he drifted off into a contented sleep, with no dreames of blood, screams, or death.

A few hours later, Hasugar awoke to an early morn. He dressed quickly, putting on his new armor, and grabbing his saddle bags and bed roll. He made his way from his chambers, to the horses stable.
His horse was awake as well, and he took the blanket off his back. "Well, my old friend, we ride again." The horse nodded his head, as if he understood. Quickly, he put on his saddle and his bags, and mounted.
Slowly he rode to the city gate, giving one last look on the Golden hall, glimmering in the early morning light.
"I shall return," he muttered, and quickly he was away, swiftly across the plains.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Remnants or The Assault on the Trade Route (Please see ooc to join)
on: January 26, 2005 10:31
Terry woke up and yawned, stretching her arms above her head. She rubbed her eyes and then grinned, remembering the events of the night before. She did not have watch duty today, and was free to do whatever she liked. She dressed in a plain olive dress with straight sleeves and a skirt that brushed the floor and a brown leather bodice, slipping her boots on and running a brush through her hair. She glanced out the window at the sun and determined from that and the smells wafting from underneath her bedroom door that she would not miss breakfast. She walked down the hallway to the Dining Hall, where the soldiers are dining with Eomer.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2005 05:45
*Foal couldn't help but smile as she watched the scene. A disgruntled hobbit wife getting on to Merry. When they were threw discussing what Merry would do, Foal rose from her chair and bowed to the hobbit wife. "It is a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Brandybuck. I am sorry if my late arrival has disturbed you. But I came on errand from the king. I have lost comrades lingering orcs on the trade route to Gondor. King Eomer has asked for all blades loyal of Rohan or Gondor to come and aid in this fight. But don't worry ma'am. I will make sure this old scallywag comes back to plow his fields," Foal finished with a wry smile. She sat back down in her chair and continued to eat.**
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 07:00
Eomer's eyes widened as Terry entered the Dining Hall. She is so beautiful. He thought. The Gondorians were finishing their meal, and Eomer stood to go to Terry. He reached for her hand, which so easily fit into his.

"And here is Lady Terry." he bent down and kissed her hand in a gentlemanly fashion. "My lady, the Gondorians are going back to their homeland, and our riders have returned as well. I was hoping you would be here to farewell them with me." He looked at her and smiled, his eyes obviously liking what he saw. He bowed to them. "My lords, may your ride be swift and free of danger. And tell your King this: We are marshalling as many riders as we can here, at Edoras. But we shall not ride to war for at least a week, maybe more. And he only needs to send as many soldiers as he sees fit. Also, send Eowyn my love. That is all."
It was still early morning when Hasugar reached the first village along the Great West Road. He passed through the small gate with ease, since he bore the tokens of the Royal Guard. In the center of the village was a small well. On this he stood to get the attention of the townspeople. "Hear me, Men of Rohan! The time has come again to ride to war!" All eyes were upon him. "If tidings has not reached you, then I shall tell you that remnants of orcs have attacked our traders on the route to Gondor. They shall pay for their attrocities against our people and the people of Gondor.The king asks that any swordsmen who are willing to ride back to Edoras, where all shall marshal. Who shall come?!"
"I shall!"
"And I!"
"I! I!"
The crowd was abuzz with noise, as men of Rohan pledged their swords, to the grief of their wives. "I ride now to summon others. Ride now! Ride to Edoras! Ride to aid your King!"

Hasugar hopped down from the well, sending a sharp pain into his leg. "Ooof!" Easy, Hasugar. You are not whole yet.

He remounted and set of quickly on down the road. On down to Fenmarch, to the very borders of Rohan he rode, calling all men and swords that could be found. He guessed as many as 250 men were going.
But the evening was waning away into night. Open plain stretched out in front of him. No villages were in sight, so he made his camp along the river Entwash. Night fell about him on his first day of duty.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 10:41
Terry smiled and nodded towards the Gondorian riders, not quite knowing what to say. "May the winds give you speed, good riders," she said rather quietly. She then looked up at Eomer as the riders began to leave the hall. She smiled very softly.

"It has been long since I have partaken in battle. It is most exciting. I have written to an old friend, to request her assistance. You do not mind, do you, my lord?" She only said 'my lord' for fear that any of the riders now leaving might hear her.
Elennar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2005 12:08
Nenuvar stood, along with the other Gondorians, and listened to them speak. Bowing her head in acknowledgement, she exited. As she came to her horses stall, she heard him nicker.
She opened the door. "You had a long and peaceful sleep?"She said. Her horse, tossed his head, and turned away from her, looking out the stall's window at the morning light.
"Ninrilma, come here,"She said, taking his halter off its hook. She tied him up, and saddled him lighly for the long ride ahead.She longed to see her parents, but knew she had little time for that is Gondor. She was glad of a swift horse.
"We have done a lot of riding these days, haven't we, my friend? Oh well, you can do it." She whispered to her horse as she tightened his girth.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 03:04
Eomer looked at Terry and smiled, his hand still grasping hers. "Of course not, my lady. Anything you wish. Though, might I inquire who this friend is? I wish to know his or her name before they arrive."

The king looked into the eyes of this soft, gentle woman who had stolen his heart. She looked beautiful all the time, but in a dress, she looked ravishing. It was all he could do not to kiss her right there, in front of everyone. But he would not want to embarrass her.
The sun crept up slowly over the plains, and glittered in the waters of the Entwash. Hasugar awoke with the dawn and took care of his horse. "Drink while you still can, for the day may not bring much more water. We must travel back to Edoras, and leave sight of the river." His horse nickered in reply, and drank his fill. Hasugar nibbled on some dried meat and stale bread, and drank a little from the river, then set off again at a steady pace. There were no more villages to call, so he could take his time. In the distance, he could se the Great West Road and the glimmer of spears. The men were riding to Edoras.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 04:39
" You see?" Merry pressed eagerly " I'm hardly likely to come to harm - and it's not like I ain't fought before" he shrugged idly, pacing towards the table and eying a peice of cheese thoughtfully. " Orcs on the trade routes eh? Nasty buggers they are...thought the majority of them were done with at the last battle..old Treebeard made a contribution to that" he mused fondly, fair curls lolling over his forehead, giving him the youthful sparkle which endeared him to so many. Maggie scowled, torn between pride and anxiety until sighing she shuffled over to her husband, planted an irritable kiss in his rosey cheek and returned to bed. " Lovely lass really. She just worries for me" Merry sighed warmly " but I must say this sitting about lark has led to a rather expanded waistline old Faolan- terrible mess" he cast a bleary stare down his stomach, magnified only his eyes when in truth (though it was rounder then his younger days) it caused no undue attention. He was still the rouge he'd always been - as hapless ever. " Pippin will be jealous" he grinned wryly " Has any word been sent to him? I'm sure he'd love to see you again"
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2005 05:09
"She is the Lady Tasar, my lord, an elf friend of mine. She is quite skilled in battle. In fact, she taught me a lot of the skills I possess." She looked up at a call from the door. "And it seems as though she has arrived. If you will excuse me, my lord, I will go welcome her."

With a small bow of her head, she walked out into the hall and opened the front doors, stepping out into the sunshine. She smiled at the sight of the lone rider coming in through the gates.

Tasar rode on a black stallion, wearing a cloak of the deepest blue. She looked up at the Golden Hall and saw her friend there, and smiled. She nodded to her, emerald eyes glinting in the sun, then rode into the stables to house her horse.

Terry nearly flew down the steps in her anxiety to see her friend. She grinned and ran into the stables, throwing her arms around Tasar as she turned around. "Tasar, it has been too long."

"Indeed," Tasar said in her deep, melodious voice. "Too long." She released Terry and paid the stable boy, exiting the stables with Terry.

Terry linked arms with Tasar as they walked up the steps. "I told my lord Eomer that you were coming." Her eyes widened slightly as she realized what she had said.

Tasar chuckled. "Your lord? Becoming a bit selfish, are we?"

Terry smiled. "Yes, I suppose so." She led Tasar into the Great Hall.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2005 07:31
*Foal smiled as Merry mentioned Pippin. "Old Pip. I would love to see him again. But I think his heart has had enough of war already. I wouldn't mind visisting before we leave but I could never bring myself to ask him to fight." Foal wiped her mouth with a napkin and stood up. The food was excellent Master Meriadoc. I must go unsaddle my horse now. You remember how fussy he is of course. With that Foal opened the circular door and ducked out.**
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 06:11
As Terry left to greet her friend, Eomer was still standing there, almost numb. Her hand had slipped out of his when she left, and he missed it. But he turned his thoughts to the newcomer that was about to enter his hall.
Elves, still in Middle-earth? I thought they had gone, save the lady Arwen, Aragorns wife. She must be given special honor when she comes into my hall.
He moved to his throne, but did not sit down. He just stood upon the dias, waiting for his beloved and her friend to enter.
*********************************************************************************
Hasugar had taken a brief time in his journey to look at his leg. The uneven and rocky terrain was too much for him to take, let alone his horse. He sat down in the grass ,and removed his mail skirt and rolled up his pant leg.
The large gash left in his leg by a fowl orc was healing, but it was anything but whole. He took out some of the sav that the healer had given him, and spread it on his wound. Hasugar cringed from the sting.
His horse noticed his pain and trotted over to him, rubbing his head with his soft, velvet nose. "I'm all right, Eowald." He gently pushed the horse around and grabbed the saddle, so he could stand. He rolled his pant leg down and put on his chain mail skirt. He then remounted and set back towards Edoras. By noon, he could see the golden roof of Meduseld, and the sun glimmering off of it's golden pillars. "Almost there, Eowald. Swiftly now." He quickened his pace, for home.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2005 10:55
Tasar and Terry entered, and both silently approached Eomer. Both bowed shortly, and Terry took a step forward. "My lord, this is my good friend the Lady Tasar. She is much skilled in battle and offers as much help as she can."

Tasar smiled and nodded at Terry's comment. "It will be an honor to aid you, Lord Eomer."

Terry smiled also and glanced over at Eomer. "Tasar stayed to help with the new goings-on of Middle Earth, for she knows that Legolas plans to stay until the Lord Aragorn is no longer in reign, and will travel across the sea with him."

Tasar nodded again. "That I do. I love this land too much to depart with it so soon." She smiled softly, her eyes twinkling a bit in the light.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 05:08
Eomer smiled."Aye, and we love it to much not to defend it. It is well that you have come to lend your aid. The elves have proven their great skill in battle over the long years of the world, or so I am told. You grace our halls with your presence, and your friendship with the beautiful Lady Terry." He looked at her and smiled warmly. "You are most welcome, Lady Tasar." He had come down from the dias and took the elven maid's hand and kissed it, in courtly manner.
"Ah, but I am forgetting your long journey. Let us dispense with our courtly ways. We are all friends here. If you would like to take rest, an aid will show you to your room, or if you care for a meal, you may sit and eat here. I have already broken my fast, but I would share an ale with you, so we may talk of the goings on of the world."
Just then a soldier entered. "My lord, Riders have come from the villages near the borders and the Entwash. They are making camp outside the city. Hasugar has also returned. He said they number at least two hundred and fifety, give or take a few."
"Very good. Make sure they have enough food and that their weapons are sharpened. We shall not leave for war for at least a week. Snowbourne is still marshalling their riders to the north, and will come soon. As will the hobbit."
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2005 01:06
Tasar noticed the looks exchanged between Terry and Eomer and bit back a smile. It is nice, she thought, Terry has finally found someone who suits her. She faked a yawn behind her hand. "I am rather tired. I think I will go rest."

"I will go with you, Tasar, to help you," Terry said.

Tasar shook her head. "No, that will not be necessary. I can take care of myself." She winked at Terry, then drifted off down the hallway, being led by a servant who had been waiting for her.

Terry smiled to herself and shook her head. Elves are too perceptive, she thought. She turned back to Eomer. "She is much more serious than she seems." There was a hint of laughter in her voice, something that her Elf friends always seemed to bring out in her.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 04:43
Eomer caught the looks that Tasar gave Terry. He chuckled to himself.

"Aye, I suspect she is. I have not known many elves, save the Lady Arwen, and Legolas Greenleaf, but I do know that they are very jovial on occasion. But battle, I think, is a very serious matter for them. They have so much to lose. . . and to gain."

He looked at Terry, and brushed her face with the back of his hand. " But let us turn to happier thoughts, while we still can. I would seek audience with you, fair lady, if it is not to much to ask." He reached for her hand, a mischevious look in his eyes. One of his dark eyebrows was arched and his lips slightly puckered. He looked so naughty.
Leading her by the hand, he gently moved away. "Come." He smiled warmly, and led her through a door and into a room that was usually used for discussion of war. He locked the door behind him.

He pulled Terry close to him, his heart beating loudly on his chestplate. "I missed you." He said whispering, though not sure why. He gave her cheek a gentle brush of his lips, then waited on her to continue.
:love: :naughty:
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 10:00
A faint blush colored the fair skin of Terry's face a light pink, and she looked down, taking in the detail of Eomer's armor for a moment, allowing her heart to settle in her chest. She then looked up at him. "When could you have missed me?" She gave a tiny smile. "We have only been apart during sleep."

She then looked down again for a brief moment, and when she looked up her expression had changed. She was more serious now, and her eyes hinted at a trouble brewing inside her mind. "We cannot stray from the topic of battle too long, Eomer, for it is upon us. When will we ride?"
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2005 01:19
" Aye ol'Pip may not be as eager as me for war - maybe it's just the adrenalin rush I crave or the change of scenery" he mused with a shrug " see, the Shire may be green and rolling and beautiful and it's home. Home is where the heart is. And the misses" he added as an afterthought " But the War o'the ring changed me. For better or worst I'll not know. But I'll ask Pippin, I must ask him. Where would he be without me 'ere anyhow? Still gets himself into bother even now he's all grown and a steward of Ithilen! Oh no, I must ask him" he grinned rougishly. " Hobbit food agreeable to a human? But then Gandalf always did like my eccle cakes, particularly with the butter all spread in the middle..oh I'm rambling again!" he cursed irritably " A habit I can't shake - comes with the age I suppose" he sighed gloomily, smiling as she rose to unsaddle her hose. " Oh aye I know. Reminds of Bill" he breathed fondly of the horse they'd have to let go before they entered Moria. Moria - even now it still brought a cold draft to creep up his spine. " You saddle your horse then Foal - come back here after mind otherwise you'll be kipping outside. Tether your horse in my garden outfront if you like just don't crush the panises. Wife u'll kill me"
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 02:31
Eomer's brow furrowed. " I care not how long it was. To me, it felt like an age. You never left my mind, Terry. What little sleep I had, you were in my dreams." He bent his head and kissed her with a little more force on her lips, hoping she would return it. But then, she spoke of war, and broke the spell between them.
"We cannot stray from the topic of battle too long, Eomer, for it is upon us. When will we ride?"

Eomer sighed. He wanted to kiss for all eternity, but it was not to be, not with the times being what they were. And he cared about what his lady thought, dearly, and would never hold anything from her. He knew she would probably want to ride with him, but he pushed the thought of it away when realized he hadn't answered her question.
"Aye, it is." he finally answered her.
" We shall leave as soon as all of our riders have assembled here. We go to Minas Tirith to accompany the Gondorian soldiers to the battle front. How long that will take, I know not. But one other thing there is left to do. I will take the hobbit's with me to Fangorn, to call upon Treebeard for his aid." He locked his gaze with Terry's, trying to read what lay behind them. "There is much to do, and little time to do it in." He let out a heavy sigh, knowing the hardship of the task ahead. "But why do you think on this now?" A sudden dread grew in his heart, making it sink in his chest. Surely she is not thinking of riding to war with me! I will not allow another that I love ride to war. I will not let her get in harm's way. He gently bent his head and gave her a gentle kiss on her lips, hoping she would just fall into him, and kiss him, to forget about war, and death, and the whole mess.

harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2005 09:42
Terry allowed Eomer to kiss her, but gently pushed him away before her mind was too muddled to think. "I think on this now because it is in the front of my mind, now. I only wish to know how much time I have to prepare."

A thought then crossed her mind... Perhaps he did not want, or expect, her to ride also. "I am as much a soldier as you are, Eomer. I am an official member of your guard. You do not expect me to stay here, do you?"
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 02:35
This time, Eomer's brows met in a frown. "I know your skill in battle, my lady," he began, trying to keep his tone from revealing the frustration and slight anger that he felt, "But war is the province of MEN!" Vehemence tainted his words, and he knew he had probably hurt Terry's feelings, but he chose not to looke at her. " You will ride with us to the encampment at Minas Tirith, and you may stay there if you wish, or come back here, but you will not go to the battlefield." A twinge of anger settled in his voice, and he knew she heard it loud and clear. " I shall not have another that I love seek death on the battlefield!" This time, his frustration was obvious. He backed away from her, and leaned against the wall, his fists clenched. Then he softened his grip, and let out a heavy sigh.

He looked at her, tears forming in his eyes. " I don't want to lose you, Terry. I love you, and if not for anything else, stay in the safety of Minas Tirith for me. . . for our love's sake."
He wanted to draw her near, but he knew he should not. His doing so might incur a sound thrashing on his foot, or slap in the face. He could only stand there. . . waiting.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2005 02:47
Terry merely stood where he had left her, staring at him with a mask of impassiveness across her features as he spoke. Her eyes, though, grew steadily narrower as he continued to speak, and by the time he was done her eyes were blazing with anger that she kept to herself, not showing any outward sign of it.

"For our love's sake, Eomer, you must let me fight. For I cannot love a man who will not accept me for what I am. And I am a soldier, Eomer. Through and through." She kept her voice calm as she spoke, and silently prided herself for it. "And I will fight, whether you will allow it or not. I did not bring this up to ask for your permission. I brought this up so that you did not have another surprise... like the one on Pelennor Fields." There was a tinge of sympathy in her voice as she said this last, because she knew how much it had hurt him. But she retained the same impassive mask, waiting for his reply.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 09:30
Eomer ran his fingers through his hair, his eyes not yet ready to meet Terry's. He wasn't sure how he felt about this. I know she is a soldier, one of the best fighters I have seen. But I cannot have her seeking death on the battlefield, just because she can fight! I love her to much to see her suffer. But if I do not permit her to come with me to battle, she will try to follow in secret. And I will find her lying on the field, just like Eowyn. The lump that had settled in his throat ached, and his tears freshened in his eyes. He tried to fight them back, but one flowed down his cheek, despite his effort.

He closed his eyes, trying to blot out the painful memories. A sudden movement caught his attention, but he did not look up. "Terry, I . . . you. . ." he couldn't get out the words. They choked in his throat. He cleared it, as if that would help. "I see I can do nothing to deter you. Ride with me if you wish, but if anything happens to you, I shall never forgive myself. . . or you."
He thought it just to say this. When they rode to battle, she would be under his protection to be sure, and if something went wrong, it would be his fault, and hers for seeking battle in the first place.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 03:18
She smiled softly at this, surprising even herself. "I know." She walked over to him and took a strong hold of his chin between her forefinger and thumb and turned his head so that his eyes met hers. She ran a hand through his hair. "But I will not forgive myself if I do not go." She stood up on the very tips of her toes, balancing herself against his shoulders, and placed a very soft kiss on his forehead. She wiped his tears away with her thumbs and kissed his cheeks, being as gentle as she possibly can be.

"I am sorry for bringing this up, Eomer." She frowned a bit. "Perhaps I should go." She took a step back and turned, unlocking the doorknob.
Elennar
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2005 07:23
Suddenly Nenuvar turned; a stable boy walked up, informing her that she need not leave. Blushing madly as he left, she stood there before deciding to keep her dignity.
Turning back to Ninrilma, she unsaddled him, but kept his bridle on. She leaped upon him bareback and rode out, her stallion prancing in the sun.She caught the glance of the bewidered stable boy,and spoke."Just excercizing him." She said with a smile.She had nothing better to do.

OOC:Sry for the not so good post. It is all I can make right now
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 02:37
Eomer gently took hold of her wrist, keeping her from leaving. "Nay, please stay, just for a little while more." He pulled her to him, as if it were the last time he could do so. He brushed her cheek with the back of his hand. "Do not think that I do not accept you for the person that you are. You are the most beautiful woman I have known, and you are also a skilled rider and soldier. For these things and more, I love you. I have known you since I was young, when the house of Rohan was young, and wild foals ran upon the grass with their sires. Those were happy days, but days of war have come again. And we shall see the days restored, as they were when we were young."
He bent his head and kissed her cheek, then drew her closer, and held her. The smell of her hair was intoxicating, and he gently kissed her neck.
When we were young, I did not love her as I do now. How I tormented her! I wonder if she has forgotten about that.
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2005 09:24
She smiled at the memories of when they were young, when she used to help her father in his shop. She would often play with the other children, and Eomer in particular had seemed to enjoy himself in tormenting her. She did not mention this, though, for it was long passed and did not matter. Eowyn had always been there to defend her, after all, and the two had made quite a pair.

She then frowned. Why had she left in the first place? She thought back on those days, and recalled the fateful day when Harma had first arrived in Rohan. She had been begging for aid, and Terry, in a moment of brave determination, had agreed to go along. She almost chuckled. If she had known then that she would be in this position, at this moment, she would not have believed it. She took a deep breath, breathing in the smell of the leather of Eomer's armor, and just the smell that was purely him. She clung to him, as if clinging to her memories. "But what if that is not possible, Eomer?" She had seen despair and destruction in battle before, and was not willing to let herself believe that everything was absolutely going to be alright.
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 11:27
Eomer held her close to him, his mind swimming dreamily just from her nearness.
But what if that is not possible, Eomer?

He smiled and placed another gentle kiss on her neck. "It will be, sweetling. Doubt it not. Happy days shall come again. You and I shall face this, and we shall be triumphant. The days will be renewed, and things will be as they once were. We shall make it so."

He carressed the nape of her neck with his hand, his head still swimming with ecstasy. He gently cupped her face in his hands, and brought her lips to his. "Do you believe it, love? Do you believe me?"

A knock on the door brought her answer to an abrupt halt. "Hello?" Terry looked as though she was going to say something, but Eomer put a finger to her lips. "Who is there?" Eomer demanded, slightly agitated at this interruption. "My lord?"
"Yes, it is I. What do you want?"
"The riders from Snowbourne have been seen on the road."
"Very well. Have all the captians assemble in the Hall, and I will be there shortly."
"Yes my lord."
He turned back to Terry, dissapointment painted on his face. "I'm sorry, love. I must go."
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 12:02
She smiled softly, disappointment dimming the usual sparkle of her eyes. "It is alright, love, for it is your duty. Go along." She kissed him softly once, then urged him towards the door. "Go along."

He walked out, and she waited a moment, pressing her ear against the door. She heard Eomer's footsteps fade away and opened the door slowly, then walked out. She continued walking down the hall to her room, where she entered and sat on her bed, ready to take a nap.

Tasar, however, had other plans. She knocked on Terry's door and, without answer, promptly opened it and walked in, closing the door again behind her. She sat beside Terry on the bed, looking for all the world like a young child who had just been told that the holidays were coming early. She took both of Terry's hands in hers and grinned. "So... when did this happen?"

Terry shrugged. "I have no idea what you are talking about."

Tasar rolled her eyes. "You are not that dull, Terry." Terry sighed and caved in, and the two talked on and on for an hour or so, until Terry forced Tasar out so that she could take a rest.
Faòlan
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2005 06:15
OOC- sorry havent posted in awhile. try to speed things up.

*Foal stepped out of the hobbit hole into the quaint front yard. Agarwaen whickered as she came out. It didnt take Foal long to remove the saddle and bags from the horse. His fur was tossled with sweat and rub from the saddle. "You'll roll it out I am sure. You always do." Foal said as she patted her steed on the neck. "Now I am going to loose you but lets get some things clear. Don't run over hobbits. Stay out of their gardens and lawns. And I don't care how many mares are in season, just don't or you will be a fat old gelding before too long. Agarwaen laid his ears back but finally agreed with a nudge. Foal untied the rope halter and watched him trot away.

Foal leaned her saddle against the fence and shouldered her saddlebags. She headed back into the hobbit house and laid the bags near the door. "Well Merry, we will have to be off soon. I dont; mind visiting Pippin though. But right now, I was wondering if there was a place I could get some shut eye. I am dead tired."**
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2005 05:56
An hour or so later, the Great Hall was abuzz with talk of battle. All of the riders from the north had come and were encamped in the village, or in tents outside the wall. The captains, twenty in all, had assembled in the Great Hall, their thoughts bent only on one thing . . . war. So was the scene when Eomer entered.
Attention was directed to him at once. All were silenced as they stood looking at their king, loyalty and devotion glimmering in their eyes.
He took his seat on the dais, his face stern. "Hail , captians of the Mark!" he boomed out.
"HAIL, Eomer, King of the Mark!" was their reply.
"Dark have been the days of late, but soon they will be bright and fair, as they once were. As all of you know, we have been attacked by orc rabble in the Gap many times. This is the last time that they shall do such things. Gondor and Rohan again shall ride to war."
He looked at each of their faces, their eyes ablaze with determination.
"It is time for us to rise above fear. For fear is indeed evident. We know not the number of their force, nor do we know their reason for their attacks, save for their hatred of Men and love of battle and blood."
He paused, not sure of what to say next. "But now it is time for rest. All of you have had a hard road to travel on, and all captains shall stay in the Golden Hall until we ride to war. That is all I shall say for now."

Hasugar listened intently to his lord's words, trying to make sense of what was to come. Around him, aids and men of war bustled about, trying to get their sleeping quarters and meals ready, but he stood silent, as a stone statue, puzzling.
He's not telling us something. What is he hiding? Why would he keep something from us, his own men? His anger slightly boiled, but he kept his frame of mind. If he is keeping something from us, then he must have good reason. We have the word of the King, and that is good enough.
Eomer slipped out of the hall, his heart still beating wildly. He could make grand speeches at times, but grand as they were, he still was nervous. Especially when he had to endure the scruntity of his men.
He leaned against the wall, trying to catch his breath.
A voice startled him, and his hand went to his sword.

"You didn't tell them everything."
Eomer smiled at the familiar voice. It was Terry.
"No. . . I did not. I wasn't ready."
Coward! he scolded himself. Why didn't you tell them your plans? To have Fangorn espie the enemies movements while you ride to Minas Tirith? They are probably all suspicious of you now. Good work!

[Edited on 22/2/2005 by Silivrentolwen]
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2005 10:42
"You didn't tell them everything."

"No... I did not. I wasn't ready."

--

Terry raised an eyebrow. "Ready or not, Eomer, they are your captains. You cannot leave them oblivious to your plans. They deserve to know. Besides, it is not as though your plans are all that intricate or risky." She walked closer to him and leaned against the wall beside him, watching his face. "What are you afraid of?"
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 01:19
Eomer looked into Terry's eyes, trying to find his answer. "I. . . I don't know. Perhaps I am afraid of them thinking me a coward, riding to Fangorn while they ride to Minas Tirith. Or a liar, if something in my design changes. I would not have my men thinking badly of me. That can only bring sorrow. Men who do not respect their king will not obey him, or follow him in any way."

He paused for a moment, his mind a myriad of doubt. "The plans that I have set are still unripe, and could change. I would rather tell them to little then tell them all and change it on the morrow."

He couldn't look up anymore. He felt so ashamed of himself. "You know me best of all. Surely you understand, for I still do not."
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2005 01:46
Terry grasped Eomer's chin between the thumb and forefinger of her left hand, lifting his head so that his eyes met hers. She smiled softly, sympathetically, and kissed him on the cheek.

"Do not be ashamed of yourself, Eomer, for everyone has their fears. Even I can be afraid sometimes." She smiled at this, hoping it would cheer him up a bit.

[Edited on 2/28/2005 by harmada1legolasluva]
Silivrentolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2005 04:33
Eomer returned his love's smile. "Aye. I remember a little girl being very afraid that her friend Eomer was going to sneak into her bedroom and put dye in her hair. She stayed up all night, watching for him." He muffled a chuckle that so desperately wanted out.

He reached for the hand that held his chin and kissed it. "I thank you for your words, fair lady. But might I ask of you a favor?"
harmada1legolasluva
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2005 10:51
Terry grinned at the memory. She had once been afraid that he would pull such a prank on her, but then she had learned how to fight with a sword and could defend herself. She had one fear, however, that no one knew of and that she never planned on telling anyone.

She raised an eyebrow. "That depends. What favor do you ask of me?"
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email