Register

<< First1011121314Last >>
Author Topic:
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Murder in Rohan (KEEP)
on: August 23, 2005 02:33
(thats fine, purple! I don't really have any specific plans for the thread, so feel free! I think there's one man still standing. Not sure if its Hean or not-- maybe our confrontation with him can come after this.)

The man who had been doing the talking spun around and faced Brenna as she came out of the shadows, dragging another one of the men into the light.
"Wait- how did you-?" He started, but he strung another arrow and aimed at her without saying anything. He was obviously flustered to know that she had managed to creep around behind him, and somewhat afraid now that his two friends were out of commision.
"You can't win." he said darkly, pulling back the arrow.

Rynwyn stood and rushed around the table. Hiligan followed, cursing at his sister's brashness.
The young woman grabbed up a plate and ran at the man still standing, smashing the dish as hard as she could against his head. It didn't do much but shake him- he dropped the bow and the arrow flew awry, speeding into the darkness.
The man cursed and spun around, whipping out his sword. Hiligan slammed into his sister, knocking her out of the way and bringing his blade up to counter the attack. A look of rage appeared on his enemies face, and he swung again. Steel kissed steel a second time, then a third. Finally the man gave up and delivered a mighty shove, sending Hiligan sprawling to the floor. He turned and fled, heading for the doors that would take him back into the shadows where he could hide.
"CATCH HIM!" Hiligan shouted to the others, scrambling to his feet.

(I bumped up the ooc thread and gave some puny suggestions please go have a peep and lets decide what happens next!)

[Edited on 24/8/2005 by dreamdancer]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2005 05:59
When the group entered the hall Earendel had never entered the fire lite area. Earndel was concerned that maybe someone was lingering in the shadows. Her fears were realized when she heard the arrow flying thorugh the air.
Earendel had been on the far side of the hall from were the shooter was firing from and she had no bow and arrow herself or she would have at least fired back. As it was she worked her way toward the talking man. By the sound of his vioce it was more likely he was rohan than elf so there was a good chance she would be abel to get close with him even knowing she was near by.
Then the swords meet Earendel know she had taken too long to get to him. Now there was also a freind between her and the assailant. As he ran Earendel pulled out a dager and side stepped the one who was in her way and started to run in earnest toward this man. He was still a good distance a head of her and if he made it out the door with out being marked then they might never be able to identify him. He was outlined in the shadow of the door as he took off.

Earendel had a decent shot so she through her dager at him. She ain was less then normal bacause she was running be then.

Still the dagger did find the man, it cut him in the side. He quickly pulled it out and through it back at Earendel. In his hast it missed her by a couple of feet.

Earendel did not know how many enemys might be waiting to help this one so she slowed down.

When she reached the door he was already out the front doors of the hall.

She spoke " I am ging to follow this one a ways and see if I can find anything out that will hlep us."

With that she ran to the door and peered out. She could plainly see the man running down the steps in the moonlight. His side was bleeding heaveily.

( I will check the ooc but if there is serious problem with this one being marked let me know. I can edit. /Still havent desided if she will follow beyond the hall or not.)
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2005 05:59
(

not sure how this happened but this post posted twice not once.

[Edited on 25/8/2005 by tawar_meldis]
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 10:31
He froze, nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. The dark square outside the Golden Hall was deserted; even the door wardens were not on duty. Overhead the clear sky was pitted with hundreds of minute stars, and the full moon glowed brightly in the dark shroud, bathing the scene in clear, silver light. The female elf who had pursued him was clearly visible at the top of the stairs, for here it did not look as though she had a weapon, nor had bothered to retrieve her fallen dagger.
But he wasn’t going to wait to find out.

“HELP!” the sound of his cry rent the peaceful night air like a knife through silk, “HELP! HELP! MURDER! MURDER! THEY’RE TRYING TO KILL ME! SOMEONE HELP ME! HELP! MURDER!”

Inside the hall Glorfindel froze when he heard these cries, he did not know clearly what transpired outside, but a cold feeling of dread suddenly gripped him.

“Earendel!” he shouted, and hurriedly leapt to his feet.

However, the exertion of the effort immediately caused him to lose his balance, and fall flat on his back. His head spinning from the fall, Glorfindel lay dazed there. The hall now seemed to be filled with shouting and the sound of many running feet, different cries, indistinguishable from one and other. Where were his friends?

A dark figure bent low over him, and as his vision still swirled he had difficultly identifying the person.

“Hiligan? What’s going on?” he muttered.

“No,” a strange voice replied, “But if you want to know what’s going on then you and your friends are under arrest.”

And before Glorfindel could answer, he was hauled unceremoniously to his feet, by his left arm and thrust roughly away. Again he stumbled, but this time just managed to prevent himself from falling, only just. Falling to his knees, he stared around him with bleary eyes, not sure whether the fall had caused him to hallucinate. From what he could tell, he was in the middle of a large circle of spears, each one levelled and pointed inwardly at the centre. The gleaming point of the nearest one was only a few inches away from his nose. On the end of each spear was a tall, imposing; Rohan solider, from what little Glorfindel knew of the Rohirrm military, these were Royal Guard, the elite soldiers. And they did not look happy.
Once more there were sounds of scuffling and some more indistinguishable speech, followed by several more dark shapes being thrust roughly into the centre of the circle. Once his friends had pulled themselves up, a voice spoke from out of the darkness. From where, Glorfindel could not tell.

“Well, well, well, we are in trouble now, aren’t we?”
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 03:26
“HELP!” the sound of his cry rent the peaceful night air like a knife through silk, “HELP! HELP! MURDER! MURDER! THEY’RE TRYING TO KILL ME! SOMEONE HELP ME! HELP! MURDER!”

"Oh, of all the-"
Rynwyn started to curse as she helped Hiligan to his feet, turning and heading for the exit. She saw Glorfindel try to stand and topple back to the ground and whirled to go to his aid. Before she could do anything, however, men were pouring into the hall with spears, commanding that the intruders move to the center of the room. Everything that happened next was a blur- she was forced roughly forward, nearly stumbling over the long skirts of the too-big dress, hearing voices left and right, looking worridly for her friends.

With the last shove she did fall, landing in a heap near her brother, then scrambling to her feet to find spears surrounding their small group. There was no escaping this! She became afraid, moving to stand behind her brother, glancing nervously at Glorfindel, who seemed completely dazed, and wondering if any of the others had any ideas.

“Well, well, well, we are in trouble now, aren’t we?”

Rynwyn didn't recognize the voice, nor could she clearly see the speaker- the spears were too close for much movement, so she didn't try.

"I would say we have a group of murderers."

"That's not true!" Ryn dared to speak, "You can't possibly believe that villian!"
"Indeed, lady. I see two unconcious men who frequent the court, and one who was just nearly killed-- I need not believe his words to believe what I see. Had it not been for our brave guard, the innocent may have lost his life- and you might have moved on to kill the king. How clever of you to gain his trust in such a way."

(plot twisty! :evil: )
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2005 12:48
His vision still swimming, and his head feeling as though an Uruk-hai scimitar was embedded in the side of it, Glorfindel groped in the darkness for Ryn’s hand. Giving it reassuring squeeze, to show that he was here for her, he hauled himself up onto his knees.

“Look” he began, doing his best to try and find the source of the voice, “Look, there has simply been a very simple mistake here gentlemen, if you will just…”

The voice spoke out again, this time in a cold sneer, mockery in every word.

“A simple mistake? Well of course, how idiotic of us. Please my Lord, extend the enlightenment that you have to us, of course your superior elven minds must have worked it all out by now, just wait a moment please for us mere mortals. You sit there, believing yourself to be all high and mighty, but you should see yourself. Clinging feebly to the hand of a farm girl, a peasant, to support you in your pitiful weakened state. And the rest of your ragtag band, another meagre peasant,” he sneered towards Fae, “a skulking sneak thief,” turning his eyes on Brenna, “and a cripple,” finally surveying Hiligan with obvious disdain.
‘You are merely weak and meaningless fools, dressed in regal clothing. You are simply little children playing dress up. Well now your little game has gone far enough, you shall now enter the real world, where we real men will make you realise how insignificant you all are.’
‘We are soldiers of Rohan, not farm girls, cripples, thieves or pious elven lords, clutching to their meaningless titles and ancient power, so that they still think they have the right to bewitch and meddle as they once did. Well, you have weaved your last net, sorcerer, and you have manipulated the mind of our king for the last time. You and those foolish enough to have been taken in by your words will suffer with you.”

Clenching Ryn’s hand still tighter, Glorfindel was beginning to feel his conscious self-slipping away; he was going to pass out at any minute.

“No you listen,” he growled, “How dare you stand there and besmirch the good name of these good and honourable folk. They have seen more and dealt with more in the service of their Lord and land, than you so-called ‘soldiers’ will ever do in a lifetime. You are a narrow minded fool, and little better than an Orc if you stand there and accuse us of treachery, when the truth stares you plainly in the face. Or are you afraid we shall upset your comfortable little set-up here. You can stand there and spout this tripe, or you can listen to what this fine lady has to say. Right?”

And he looked up at Ryn and smiled.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 27, 2005 12:45
"HELP! HELP! HELP! MURDER! MURDER! THEY’RE TRYING TO KILL ME! SOMEONE HELP ME! HELP! MURDER!

Brenna started and dropped her hold on the man she had caught. Before she had a chance to react he darted away, leaving her spitting curses, as she slipped her dagger back into it's sheath and looked around.

As the soldiers stormed into the room, Brenna reacted quickly, making to slip back into the shadows, but it appeared that men had slipped in through some back entrance too, and she walked almost straight into them.

The assassin was pushed back to join the others, her hood falling back as she stumbled, but she did not let herself fall. Standing tall, even at the point of the soldiers spears, anger filled her.

"A simple mistake? Well of course, how idiotic of us. Please my Lord, extend the enlightenment that you have to us, of course your superior elven minds must have worked it all out by now, just wait a moment please for us mere mortals. You sit there, believing yourself to be all high and mighty, but you should see yourself. Clinging feebly to the hand of a farm girl, a peasant, to support you in your pitiful weakened state. And the rest of your ragtag band, another meagre peasant, a skulking sneak thief, and a cripple."

Brenna smirked. //A sneak thief? Interesting. I thought my reputation was higher than that.//

"You are merely weak and meaningless fools, dressed in regal clothing. You are simply little children playing dress up. Well now your little game has gone far enough, you shall now enter the real world, where we real men will make you realise how insignificant you all are.’
‘We are soldiers of Rohan, not farm girls, cripples, thieves or pious elven lords, clutching to their meaningless titles and ancient power, so that they still think they have the right to bewitch and meddle as they once did. Well, you have weaved your last net, sorcerer, and you have manipulated the mind of our king for the last time. You and those foolish enough to have been taken in by your words will suffer with you.

Brenna rolled her eyes, and made to reply, but Glorfindel beat her to it.

No you listen. How dare you stand there and besmirch the good name of these good and honourable folk. They have seen more and dealt with more in the service of their Lord and land, than you so-called ‘soldiers’ will ever do in a lifetime. You are a narrow minded fool, and little better than an Orc if you stand there and accuse us of treachery, when the truth stares you plainly in the face. Or are you afraid we shall upset your comfortable little set-up here. You can stand there and spout this tripe, or you can listen to what this fine lady has to say. Right?

Brenna knew that he had been speaking about Rynwyn talking, but she had to make her point know anyway. She looked at the man who had spoken to her, an angry fire burning in her eyes. "Sneak thief? Close, but not quite right." She said, almost casually. "Spy, I think is closer to the mark." Suddenly her voice turned to anger. "Why, fool, would I want to kill the king when I already risked my life to protect him?" Brenna pulled a knife from her waist, not flinching when the spears moved against her, one pressing against her throat, and threw it to the man's feet. "You might recognise the crest on that; as its the one you wear on your armour. I was given it for my services to King Eomer."

Brenna thought for a moment. "Oh, and there's a man wandering around somewhere with a dagger mark in him, and posion in his viens. You might want to find him and bring him here so I can give him the antidote." //And maybe get him to talk before hand.//

((It happened in another RP, and I want to draw it through to ateoat, but otherwise it doesn't really matter. If the man-captian-whatever thinks she's a thief he might think she's stolen it.))

[Edited on 27/8/2005 by purplefluffychainsaw]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2005 06:42
Earendel heard the commotion inthe halland knew without a doubt that going in there would prove worthless.

Earendel desided to to at this in a different fashion. She ran directly to the kings bed chamber and burst in and slammed the door after her.

SHe ran up to the bed went down on both knees, held her dagger out to king Eomer hilt first.She spoke slowly and firmly"If protecting you as I have been doing since my arrival here is an offence that is worthy of execution I request that it be done by your own hand."

Eomer was confused. "Why would you feel you are about to be executed?"

Earendel spoke,"Me and my freinds have been attached twice in this very hall since you layd down for the night sire. The last of the attackers fled after I woulnded him. He yelled that he was being murdered. This brought your gaurd they have arrest the remainder of my group. Because we managed to wound 2 of them and the attacker killed of of his own in one of the back halls. With arrow that no one in my party uses."

Earendel waited some seconds for Eomer to reply but he did not. Earendel continued. "please, my king, take my dager, i fear that the members of the gaurd who come here to inform you of what happened may well kill me before you can stop them if you do not have my dagger in your hand."

Eomer slow reached out to took the dager from Earendel, he was looking it over calmly, admiring its workmanshipi n the dim light.

A few second later a member of the gaurd burst in,"we have found you would be killers, it is that ragtag bunch of filth you let in earlyer." It was only at that moment that he notice Earendel on her knees. "I see you have allready captured the lst one of the group, fine work sire, I will dispact them all immedeatily."

Eomer spoke with all the assurance of one who was not disaobeyed. "You will not harm any of those who are part this elloths group. Not unless I am FULLY conviced of there guilt. In the mean time they are to be treated as guests, watched but not prosioners."

Eomer continued to Earendel "You have been in Rohan a long time how is it that you have such a finely crafted elven dager?"

Earendels answer was simple."It was my mothers, the one in the hall was my fathers."

Eomer spoke."Look at me, Earendel."

She looked up at him. He took the dager placed it at her neck. Then he spoke"swear upon your life and the ives of your freinds and your mothers grave that you have spoken the truth."

Earendel spoke with out flintching or even blinking, lloking straight into his eye. "Eomer king I swear on all of those things as well as the valor that I have spoken the truth to you."

The gaurd spoke,"the witch is obviously lying to you sire, kill her now and order the end of life for the rest of the killers as well."

Eomer looked at him. "you will accompnay me and Lady Earndel down the hall to were the man is dead and we shall see if ther is any possiblity of these you speak of being the killer."

Eomer paused ling enough to pull on a regal robe and his boots. the gaurd had grabbed a torch to light the way.

Once there Eomer looked at the dead man. Saw the arrow in his back. Earendel spoke,"We dont make it a habit to shoot people int he back. Plus that arrow is unlike any in our belonging. WOuld you like to check the quivers of my party."

Eomer nodded. they went quickly through all of the rooms and found no arrow anything like the one in the dead man.

This took a good deal of time bacause the gaurd was sure that we had hidden the damming arrows so he seached each and every room that had member of the group. In the end he had to admit that there were no arrows of the variety that killed the man.

Earendel spoke. "Eomer king no one in my party has worn their bows and quvers since we entered here. Plus you will find more of the same arrows in the coloums of the golden hall.
Plus there will likely be a report from Noldon inthe morning for he left here following someone who was acting strange. Someone I believe is part of the true killers group. If he does not show up a dawn as he is suposed to I would have great fear that harm by the true killers has befallen him.

------

Noldon followed the noble to were he was goin and hide were he could see all the comings and going and even catch a few snatchs of conversation.

It was not over long and a man came running up the street the side of his clothes had a dark stainon them.

When he entered Noldon saw plainly that it was blood. The man spoke"that elf bitch cut me just before I was able to run. IHave no fear. I yelled out that I was the one being murdered and with the one I killed earlyer still laying int he hall I am sure those good for nothing's will get death in a day ot two at the most.

ooc- that should make things interesting
NO easy outs of some out eventually.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 27, 2005 02:13
"Sneak thief? Close, but not quite right." She said, almost casually. "Spy, I think is closer to the mark." Suddenly her voice turned to anger. "Why, fool, would I want to kill the king when I already risked my life to protect him?" Brenna pulled a knife from her waist, not flinching when the spears moved against her, one pressing against her throat, and threw it to the man's feet. "You might recognise the crest on that; as its the one you wear on your armour. I was given it for my services to King Eomer."

Brenna thought for a moment. "Oh, and there's a man wandering around somewhere with a dagger mark in him, and posion in his viens. You might want to find him and bring him here so I can give him the antidote."

The guard picked up the dagger and studied it, then narrowed his eyes at Brenna, scowling as he did so.
"How am I to know you did not steal it? I will believe no word of yours-- no word from any of you. When King Eomer allowed you all to stay, I attributed it to his good heart- but I cannot help but believe he was misguided by your pretty words. Decievers! I will not make the same mistake--" coldly he stepped back, regarding them with a gaze of hatred as he slipped Brenna's dagger into his belt.
"Take them away," he ordered the others, "show no kindnes-- they deserve none."

Rynwyn was angry and afraid, holding Glorfindel's hand tightly. His own grip was faltering- his wound was taking a great toll on him, and that worried her immensely. Elves were supposed to heal quickly..
Just as she opened her mouth to protest the accusations again, the guard have an order for them to be 'taken away'.
Most of the spears were moved, and Ryn found herself being jostled roughly once again, her hand slipping out of the elf's as someone pulled her forward.

All movement was halted, however, when a deep voice echoed throughout the hall.

"HALT!"

Eomer strode into the Hall, followed by Earendel and a flummoxed looking guard. The king looked weary and angry.

"Stand aside!" he ordered, stopping and waiting for the guards to move. Rynwyn shoved the hand that gripped her shoulder away, glaring at the man and moving away from him.

"Truthfully, someone has told a lie this night," the king began, "And I am sorry to say that I cannot guess who. Murder has been commited in the hall of my fathers, and that is a crime punishable by death. I do not want to believe that those I invited as guests and who claim to have come in fear for my life would involve themselves in such a ghastly deed, but neither do I want to believe that the men who have served me countless years would wish for my death or for the death of their comrades. My decision on this matter will have to wait until morning- we are all weary. For everyone's safety, my guests will be escorted back to their bedrooms where they can rest in comfort. The doors will be locked and guards will be set- this is not a personal matter, and I hold no ill will against these travelers. Do not mistreat them. This will be settled after Sunrise."

Without saying anything else, Eomer turned and headed back for his room, taking a torch himself and not waiting for any explinations or protests from his guards or guests. Grudgingly, the nasty guard sighed and waved a hand toward the bed chambers.
"Do as he said! It is foolish, though. I am sure trouble will come of it. Try anything, villians," he said, looking disdainfully from Rynwyn to the rest of her companions, "Anying at all--one step in the wrong direction, and I will have your heads."

Rynwyn turned to locate her brother and friends, but was pushed forward again before she could spot them amid the bustling forest of spears. Before long, she found herself back in the bed room with its grand wall-hangings and beautiful bed-- except now the only light within came from a candle on the bed-side table, and a very faint moon-glow shining through the window.
She jumped as the door was slammed, wincing as the lock clicked shut. She was still not sure if everyone else was alright, now more worried than ever about her friends, their situation, and the king. There was no way they could watch out for him now!
Ryn moved to approach the window. Before she got there, however, she promptly tripped over the skirts she had managed to avoid all night and fell to meet the floor face-first. Cursing and gingerly rubbing her aching nose, she scrambled to her feet and made it to the window without any further mishaps. She was sure she could fit through- taking a deep breath she tried to open it, giving the shutters a mighty push.
Nothing happened. She pushed again; they didn't budge. She couldn't open them!

After that she sat on the bed, feeling utterly defeated and hopeless, wondering darkly what the others were doing.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2005 09:11
Earendel know there was no reason to try the windows to leave by them would be to admit guilt. She layd down her dager still in her hand. She prayed to the valor that the gaurds on her and her freinds rooms were honorable and would do them no harm. She would keep her ears open knowing that one one would get close enough to hurt her without her ears giving her plenty of warning.

----

Noldor ws so interested in what the gentlemen said that he pushed closer and closer. Then without warning there was a clatter. In just a couple of seconds or so it seamed to the gaurd the nobles were on him. They precedded to take him into the hut and the one he had originally fowwowed identified him as having been sitting with the elf.

The other precedded to strike him repeatedly ask him what he saw and heard. It was a long night for the rohirrim man he was beaten to unconsiousness them woke up after he was tied by having water thrown inot his face. Followed by much more hitting.

At about an hour before dawn they stopped hiting. The had reached the conclusion that he would not speak.

A voice of 'reason' spoke for the first time. "this human will not speak. I feel he must be allowed to leave and return to his duties at the golden hall. This is not a time when gaurds will be allowed to be absent." THe owner of the voice came forward and put a knofe to the names throat. "I see you do not fear death for yourself. Let me assure you that your wife and children will be found and they will die slow painfull deaths. Your discription will go out to the MANY members of my group and there is no way the pityful group will be able to fidn us all. There is also no way for your family to be placed were none of my poeple will be able to get at them. So think about them as you head back to the hall for your next shift. You will have to hurry not to be late." After that he took the knife and cut the man ascross the center of his forhead. "Now my people will have no doubt who family to kill if things go ill for us."

With that Noldor was trhown out of the hut. He heard the man who cut him say"send out word the the one with the fresh cut in to be hatched carefully. If he betrays in anyway kill every member fo his family."

Noldor was torn and confused as he slowly walked up the hill to his post at the golden hall. He noticed little that was going on in the predawn light.

ooc- i will post his statement in a day or two to give every one else there changes to post other things.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 28, 2005 11:31
Brenna allowed herself to be led back to her room, throwing a firce glare at the man who had taken her dagger as she passed him. Throwing herself down on her bed she pulled off her surcoat and knife belt, allowing herself to relax. //This can work in two ways,// she thought, sleepily. //It keeps us away from the king, but it also gives us safety for the night - as long as we can trust those at the door.//

Yawning, she sat up, about to pull off her shirt and prepare for bed when she heard someone speaking to the guard at her door. Sighing, and rolling her eyes, she tucked up her legs under her so that she was sitting cross legged and waited to see what would happen.

Shortly the key was turned in her lock again, and Hean strode into the room, letting the guard close the door behind him.

Brenna regarded him coldly. "Where did you sneak off too?"

"Out of trouble." Hean said, coming closer. "I thought you had more sense than to get caught." Catching Brenna's look he added, "guilty or innocent as you may be."

"Welll, you try keeping two elves out of trouble. And the others are annoyingly noble." Brenna rolled her eyes dramatically, trying to work out herself whether she meant what she said.

Hean let out a short laugh. "No doubt. But you still managed to get yourself in a bit of a fix."

"And you've come to gloat?" Brenna guessed, lying back, her legs still crossed.

"Not really, I've come to offer you a way out."

Brenna sat up immediatly, and looked at him. Hean returned her gaze, knowing he had her attention. "My 'uncle' has power in the court, I can use that to get you, and if you wish, the others, free."

"What do you want for this?" Brenna asked, narrowing her eyes, and watching him cautiously.

Hean shrugged and went to the window, turning his back to her. "The same thing I wanted five years ago when you left the Rats."

Brenna groaned, and lay back again. "Not *still*, Grey Coat."

He turned back to her. "*Still*, Little Raven." She made no response. "So? What do you say?"

"The same thing as I said five years ago." Brenna said, without sitting up. "I'd rather date a goblin, then date you. Get lost, Grey Coat. Go and find someone else to stalk."

The young man looked at her for a long moment and then moved as if to leave, Brenna ignoring him. But suddenly he was beside her. "You don't know what you're dealing with." He hissed in her ear. "I'd be careful how you step." He snapped away, and left the room.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2005 07:23

Fae remained silent as the world lunged at her companions and spears were pointed at her chest. She opted to say nothing, as the stupid man would simply breathe in her words and spit them out in another long and insulting ramble.

She was, however bubbling with rage inside and clung tightly to her sword and dagger. She had a deep urge to let out her anger and destrly the spears along with the guards that threatened her company.

Fae breathed deeply and suppressed a childish smirk when the king came to their rescue. She was pushed off to her chamber, that began to feel more and more like a cell, despite the lavish decor.

Inside, Fae sat wearily on the bed. She felt dizzy and quite tired, and only realized now that she hadn't had a good night's sleep in a whole week. "This is madness." She said to herself as she pulled off her dress.

She threw on some leggings and a loose tunic, and placed her sword by her head when she lay down. Despite her drowsy state, she felt that she would never sleep, her blood still pumped through her and her eyes that itched to close remained wide open.

"When will this ever end?" Fae whispered quietly.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 01:10
The moment Ryn's hand was torn from his Glorfindel fell forward and onto the cold hard stone. He tried desperately to stand again, but his arms shook under the strain and gave way. Hitting the cold stone flags with a thud, he tasted blood in his mouth.
But he could not see what was happening around him, all he was aware off was raised voices and scuffling. Expecting rough hands to force him to his feet, and drag him off like the others, Glorfindel was surprised when a gentle vocie sounded in his ear.

"Come on," it murmured, "You need to rest."

And very gingerly he was lifted to his feet and helped off down the corridor.

"Who shall I take you to?" came the voice again, it sounded as though it belonged to a woman, "Which chamber?"

"Ryn's," Glorfindel gasped, "Please take me to her?"

"As you wish," came the reply, and with within a few minutes they had stopped. Then there came the sound of a knock and the voice speaking again.

"Lady Ryn, pardon the intrusion, but Lord Glorfindel wished to be brought to you."
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 05:55
Rynwyn was still sulking when a knock sounded at the door. She jumped to her feet and went to it, but it opened before she got there. She could clearly see the guard at her door, but someone else was there also. A woman came within the faint light of the candle, helping a still-dazed Glorfindel. She couldn't see either clearly.

"Lady Ryn, pardon the intrusion, but Lord Glorfindel wished to be brought to you."

"No problem at all- please come in!"
As the two entered, she got on Glorfindel's other side and helped get him to the bed. In the soft light she could see blood at the corners of his mouth and on his chin, and she didn't let go of him until his head rested on the pillow.
"Are you alright?" she asked worridly, then looked at the woman, still shrouded in shadow, "Thank you for helping him- those guards had no right to treat him- or any of us- in such a manner! We are truly grateful for your kindness- I would ask your name."
As she spoke she reached for the wash-bowl beside the bed and wet a wash-cloth, making an attempt to dab at the blood on Glorfindel's face without waiting for his permission. At the same time she glanced down at his injured arm, squinting because she couldn't see well in the dim light. Had it been poisoned? Was that why it didn't seem to be healing? The thought was frightening- she was still learning healing, was still mostly un-skilled.

--------------------------

Outside the Golden Hall, not far from a secret door, three shadowed figures spoke in the darkness.
"This has gone too far," the first voice remarked, and a hand moved over a brow beaded with sweat, "Let us call the whole thing off- there is no longer any point."
"You know we can't do that," another voice answered, this one deeper and threaded with malice, "One dead already, and in the Golden Hall- Eomer won't leave this matter un-settled. He wants to trust his 'guests'."
"Well then, just kill the blasted lot of them! Bribe the guards or something- it was a mistake letting them live this long..."
"How many guards do you think would be bribed? Too many of the fools still trust in the king- and if we killed the rats, it would be all to clear that they were right in their accusations. The guard on the Eomer would double. Might as well run through Edoras waving your banner, letting everyone see the blood on your hands."
"Well, we can't wait any longer. He already suspects something--and someone else knows!-- Lets go ahead and go through with the plan!"
"Be quiet, both of you!"
The third voice was low but irritated, heavy with authority.
"Noldon won't reveal us- he has too much at stake. And we can't have Eomer turning up dead with his guests locked safely away in their rooms- their names would be cleared, and we don't need that. No, if you dolts would take a moment to think things through, you would see the obvious course."
A wicked grin spread over the speaker's face.
"We set one of them free from their comfortable room- one or two- the king dies while they are escaped- and we put the blood on their hands. It makes perfect sense! It will take some planning, to be sure, to lay this trap- let but an hour pass and I will be ready. You just make sure you have your assassin here. One hour!! I will handle everything else, and I will meet you at this spot then- no later!"
The dark figure turned and was gone, vanishing into the hidden door meant only for the king's closest allies.

(LMM not sure who you want the woman to be, so I' m leaving her identity hidden until you reveal it Purple, I was thinking maybe since you want Hean in on the evil scheme, his uncle could be the one who desires the throne-- it would make sense, since he already has some power in the court. just a suggestion- they're your characters! if you want Hean to be the appointed assassin, that's fine. All I ask is that no one rushes the 'plan' that my new (un-named- could be anyone) baddies have formed. Remember, we have an hour to cover before then. ^_~ now who shall be the lucky characters who are targeted to be framed? I was thinking Brenna and perhaps Hiligan- let me know if thats alright..... and sorry for the long ooc. just got a little inspired, and posted it here because some of us may not have time to view the ooc thread. )

[Edited on 30/8/2005 by dreamdancer]
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 09:41
Glorfindel lay back on the bed, his head pounding, his arm aching, the pain seemed to drill through his whole being. He was now almost completely blinded by it. All he could see was Ryn's face swimming in and out of view, beyond her there was only darkness and it was growing.

"I never told you," he whispered in a hoarse voice, "How alive you make me feel. How much I love being with you, simply seeing you makes my heart lift. I know I couldn't say it at first but I love you, and I'm just so sorry it took me this long to accept it. But now you must liston. You must go to Eomer Ryn and make him see sense, do not wait until dawn, by then I fear it will be too late. Get the others and...go...now."

And with that the darkness engulfed his vision, and he knew no more.

dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 01:51
"I never told you," he whispered in a hoarse voice, "How alive you make me feel. How much I love being with you, simply seeing you makes my heart lift. I know I couldn't say it at first but I love you, and I'm just so sorry it took me this long to accept it. But now you must listen. You must go to Eomer Ryn and make him see sense, do not wait until dawn, by then I fear it will be too late. Get the others and...go...now."

As he finished speaking, Glorfindel's head dropped back on the pillow, eyes closed.

"Glorfindel.." She said worridly, giving him a nudge. She shook his un-injured shoulder, saying his name more loudly, almost rudely.
No response.
She sat up and rested her head in her hands then, giving a small whimper of defeat.
"How can I just leave you?!" She murmered, "How will I get out of this blasted room at all?"

"I will stay with him," the still un-named woman suddenly put in. Ryn turned arubtly. She had forgotten quickly about the newcomer.
"I know something of healing-- maybe I can help. My name is Dianen. For my part, I have heard of your company's reasons for coming here, and I have watched you all- I do not doubt you."
"But I can't leave," Ryn replied, her voice strained. "The king himself ordered that we be kept in our rooms!"
"We shall see," the woman said with a small smile, then turned and went to the door. Stepping out, she spoke quickly to a guard, then returned. As she moved into the soft light, Ryn made out her features clearly for the first time. Her hair was dark- an uncommon trait in Rohan- and her face pale, but strong and beautiful. Age showed there, but it was only hinted at.
"I have told them I am sending you for herbs to help your friend. They do not think a little girl like you will pose any threat-" She scoffed, shaking her head, "Fools. Their entire lives they have spent watching their own wives and sisters master the sword, and still they believe us weak. Quickly- do as the elf bade you."
Rynwyn nodded but didn't move, reluctant to leave Glorfindel's side lest he should awaken. There was a gnawing fear that when--or if-- she returned, he would be dead. That thought frightened her more than the shadows in the corridors, the guards and their sharp spears, or the assassins and their deadly arrows.
But someone has to do it-- and I may be the only person who can get free. This is what we came here to do.

Leaning over, she kissed the elf though he was unaware, stroking his hair and looking for a long moment into his pallid face.
"Hang on for me," she whispered.

With new determination she got to her feet, lifting the skirts slightly to avoid tripping, taking her sword and giving a quick nod to Dianen. With no other word she left the room, walking with a brisk pace and keeping her weapon hardly concealed in the folds of her skirts. The guards made no move to stop her.
As she passed Brenna's room, she heard a lock click and glanced that way in time to see a guard pushing open the door and shooing away the man who had been standing there. He slipped inside.
Rynwyn would have liked to stop and wait to see if Brenna would emerge, but she had no time, and she didn't want to be caught. She just hoped that the other woman would manage to get out and somehow join her. Her burst of determination had worn off, and she was beginning to feel afraid again. Ryn turned a corner where no guard stood and only a few torches burned. Stopping, she leaned against the wall, concealing herself in a shadow, and glanced from left to right. The darkness seemed all the more oppressive now that she was sneaking. Taking a deep breath, she fought to still the racing of her heart.

Now.... which way to Eomer's quarters....?

The guard slipped into Brenna's room. She lay in the bed, looking as if she were asleep, but with his first foot-fall her eyes snapped open.
"Lady," he said solemnly, shutting the door behind him. His heart was pounding. He only hoped his acting skills were adequate. "I understand that you are remarkable with a bow?
I am here to tell you that the fears of your party are affirmed- and someone will indeed try to kill Eomer tonight, while there is no one to stop them. I am only able to do so much- I can only get you out, and you must go to the king's quarters as quickly as possible when I do. The guards will change shift not long from now- when your door is opened again, thats when you will need to go. I have a bow and quiver if you have none- they will be waiting in the king's corridor. This may be your only chance to save the king. Please do this!"

Without waiting for an answer the man turned and fled, pulling the door to behind him and slipping a small bag of coins into the hand of the returning guard.
"I'll be back," he remarked, and was gone, smiling darkly to himself, confident that the girl would take the bait. Even if she was in doubt, would she risk letting Eomer die? She was the perfect candidate- he knew her reputation, and he recognized her. He had seen her before. She had been hired by his own comrades to dispose of a nosy young man of the rohirrim. It would be so easy to lay the blame on her...
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 06:42
Dianen watched Ryn leave the room, Dianen then moved quickly over to the side and retrieving the metal jug she held it low over his mouth. A look of triumph crossed her face as a mist appeared on the surface.

"Good," she muttered, "He's still breathing," but then she froze, footsteps could be heard coming towards the room.

Knowing instantly that if the guards discovered her here then she would be in as much trouble for disobeying Eomer as the elf and his companians would be, she looked for a place to hide.

Instictivley she froze and backed into a cornor, out of sight, raising the jug in her hand. The footsteps stopped outside of the door, and then it swung open, and somone advanced into the room. A man drew into Dianen's view, he was clad in Royal Guard armour, and was holding a spear in his right hand, a shield was slung accross his back, and his hung was tucked under the arm that held his spear. Pausing in the middle of the room, he stared for a moment at the limp elf on the bed. Then he moved over towards Glorfindel, standing over the elf, he continued to stare at the elf. Very slowly he raised his gloved hand and moved as if to lay his hand on Glorfindel's forehead, but as he drew close, Glorfindel gave a small shudder, and the man withdrew his hand as quckly as if it had been burnt.

Dianen remained where she was, her body held tightly againist the wall, desperately not trying to make any sound. How would it look if she was caught lurking in a suspects room, with an uncouscious body and a jug in her hand? Then again, this guard's behaviour was very strange as well, what was he up to? And why had he made to touch the elf? She'd seen both their reactions, and it did not look good.

Her attention snapped back to the room as the guard turned back to the door. She could not see his face from where she was hidden, but his footsteps retreated out of the door, and it closed behind him. Sighing with relief she got back to her feet, and crossed the room to deal with Glorfindel. First of all she removed his sling and the bandages from his arm. The white bandage underneath was coated in blood and a thick blackish gunk, that was like tar. But the wound itself was no more than a long, white line on the surface of the skin, judging by the depth it had been a deep wound, so it would scar, but by the looks of him, Glorfindel had enough of those for it not too matter.
After bathing the arm, she threw away the old and battered dressing, and contructed a new sling. There was no need to redo the bandage, as the wound had closed. When she was done, Dianen took a good long at the elf.

"You know that she cares a lot about you," she told him at length, "Thinks the world of you too, never seen anything like it, an elf and a human. It's just like those old tales, of course you were there when it all happened so I need not tell you! Still she's young, and you'd better treat her right, but I've no doubt that you will. That was very sweet, what you told her, just what she needed. So I promised her that I would look after you, so you get some sleep, and when she gets back...well, we'll leave that up to you."

Smiling once more she lay her head down on the bed, and went to sleep.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2005 09:38

Fae had been laying on her bed in long and silent contemplation. She had tried falling asleep, only to get up again. If she were caught sleeping about, what would happen? Nothing good obviously, but if she stayed in this chamber, what would become of the king? Of her friends?

Fae shuddered and frowned, glancing around the dark room. She went to the door and pressed her ear against the firm wood. She heard the sound of snoring from outside and she grinned to herself. She might have known the guards would sleep on the job, she had, ofcourse, appeared a helpless woman in a pretty dress and nothing more.

Still, leaving from the door was quite out of the question, considering it was locked and the guard was leaning against it.

Fae sat back down, restless as a willow in the wind and she tossed herself about the room, pacing back and forth. The king could be a cold corpse, dead in his bed for all she knew. Fae shook her head, no negetive thinking. She glanced at the wall and suddenly recalled the miths that she had once known as a child. Her mother used to tell her of hidden passage ways in the golden hall, the king's hall...she blinked back tears, the memory reopened the deep wound that had been covered in all the fray. Fae shook her head once more and ran her hand along the wall.

Useless, what was she doing? But...There it was, in the far corner, just barely hidden by a wall hanging. She smiled, she must be immagining it. But, no, it was real! She found hinges, farther along and clawed at the wall, desperate to open the hidden door that she had found. She pryed it open at long last and ducked to look inside. A short stone passage met her view, and she took a candle as she passed through and closed the door behind her.

Fae had a brief moment of panic, feeling the walls around her, but it supsided as she closed her eyes. She found that opening the door on the other side was much easier, and she managed it quickly. She peaked through the crack to see a woman bent over a large bed holding a strip of fabric and a jug. Fae gasped when she saw the Glorfindle lay on the bed, obviously unconcious.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 03, 2005 11:50
((Sorry I haven't replied sooner - a lots been happening, and I'm finding it hard to write at the moment.))

Brenna lay on her bed, where she had let herself fall back again when Grey Coat had left. When she heard the door open she asumed it was he returning, and didn't look up until he entered the room. She was surprised to see the guard, but hid it.

"Lady," he said solemnly, shutting the door behind him. His heart was pounding. "I understand that you are remarkable with a bow?"

Brenna frowned, and sat up completly. Yes, she could use a bow, but it wasn't the weapon she favoured... What was this man seeking? She said nothing, letting him continue, seeing how nervous he was, although she couldn't place where such nervousness came from.

"I am here to tell you that the fears of your party are affirmed- and someone will indeed try to kill Eomer tonight, while there is no one to stop them. I am only able to do so much- I can only get you out, and you must go to the king's quarters as quickly as possible when I do. The guards will change shift not long from now- when your door is opened again, thats when you will need to go. I have a bow and quiver if you have none- they will be waiting in the king's corridor. This may be your only chance to save the king. Please do this!"

Without waiting for an answer the man turned and fled, pulling the door to behind him.

Brenna sat still for a moment on her bed. The chances were that he was lying - that would explain why he was so nervous, but what if she was wrong? Understanding other people had never been something she was good at, and she had often misjudged people in the past. If she was wrong and what he said was true, could she live knowing that King Eomer had died and she had had the chance to prevent it. Sighing, Brenna stood. The man had her coming and going. He knew she wouldn't be able to stay here. She'd just have to be extra careful...

Silently, she stood, and gathered her knives, checking they were safetly sheathed, and fasterened to her clothing and body. Brenna bound up her hair, and pulled her surcoat back on, and then sat back on the bed nervously, waiting.

Shortly she heard, as she had been told she would, the guards changing. The young woman sat still until the door was pushed open, and then silently and quickly as a wraith slipped through, nodding to the man who stood there. Brenna made her way through the corridors, fully surrendering herself to the skills that she had learnt as a child, knowing if she was caught it could mean deaf for herself and her companions.

As she came closer to the king's corridor, she saw a shadow deeper than it should be in a corner. //A guard?// She thought, creaping closer. The person hidding in the shadow shifted weight slightly, reveiling to Brenna whom it was.

"Rynwyn?" She whispered. "What are you doing here?"
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 06:34
Dianen's eyes snapped open, she'd heard something, a noise. It had sounded like a gasp, but where had it come from. Her eyes quickly swept the room, but it was empty, save for the still uncouncious Glorfindel. And it couldn't have been him, if he had stirred or made any noise, then she would have felt it. Sitting up she once again picked up the jug, and gripping it with the same force as a dwarf warrior treats his axe, Dianen moved to search the room.

The door was shut, the cabinets untouched and Glorfindel was still breathing and sleep. Her eyes romed around the chamber. Something caught her eye in the cornor, a wall hanging, depicting Eorl on one of his great ridings. Dianen didn't know why but something drew her to it. Very slowly step by step she approached it.
As she moved her leg caught an object, hard and cold, lying on the floor. A sword, long, elegant, with a trace of bloosuming flowers running along the length of it's finely wrought frame. It lay on the floor, halfway out it's sheath. Glorfindel's weapon. Pausing for a moment Dianen reached down, and set her hand to the hilt, throwing one more cautious glance around the room, she drew it.

Holding the weapon in front of her, she once again began to advance on the tapestry. Step by step it drew closer, but as she moved the room seemed to grow darker, as though the very candle light was being drained, and the tapestry itself stirred as though disturbed by a faint breeze. Dianen froze, had she imagined it?
Standing stock still, everyone of her senses strained to pick up something, anything. But there was nothing, even Glorfindel's breathing seemed to have been silenced. A moment of panic seized her, and she wheeled around, but to her relieve he turned over to assume a more comfortable position.
Now facing the tapestry again, Dianen continued her advance, the tapestry now stil, the room though was still shrouded in gloom. At last she stood before it, and from here it seemed to be nothing more than it seemed. And yet...
Dianen reached out with her hand and slowly pulled the hanging aside. Suddenely a terrible scream reverberated around the room, the sword fell clattering to the ground. And as suddenley as it had began the scream was silenced, and the tapestry fell quietly back into place.

Glorfindel sat bolt upright, but his arm immediatley flared up and he rolled sideways off the bed, landing with a thud on the floor. Pulling himself up onto the side of his bed, his gaze first fell on the sword, his sword on the floor. Then his gaze travelling up to the tapestry and there was a sight that froze his blood.
A bloody handprint was clearly visible trailing accross the centre to the right side of it. It was as though whoever had made it had been clawering desperately to the hanging as they were pulled to their doom, as though it had been some sort of last ditct attempt to save themselves from doom.
Glorfindel stared in horror, Ryn? No, no...

"No!" he whispered, and picking up the weapon, he crossed towards the tapestry.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 08:53
(I canna wait any longer! great postage, people! love the hidden passage idea, mook Purple, I'm going to write a little with Brenna with your permission. I'll leave it up to you to decide if she's captured, how she's captured. etc. hope this works for everyone!)

As she came closer to the king's corridor, she saw a shadow deeper than it should be in a corner. //A guard?// She thought, creaping closer. The person hidding in the shadow shifted weight slightly, reveiling to Brenna whom it was.

"Rynwyn?" She whispered. "What are you doing here?"

Ryn jumped, startled by Brenna's voice, then placed a hand on her heart and leaned against the wall.
"You scared me!" she whispered back, "I'm going to Eomer's quarters- Glorfindel and I fear that by morning it will be too late. We must try to convince him that his life is in danger, and not by us. Come on, we've got no time to lose."

Turning, she and Brenna set off through the darkness, going as quickly and silently as they could. Rynwyn's spirits were lifted now that she was not alone, and she was not as afraid of the shadows.
They would meet an occasional guard, but Brenna knew how to avoid being seen and, apparantly, how to keep Rynwyn from being seen as well. As they went, the older woman filled her in on what the guard had told her, that it was highly possible they were walking straight into a trap. That didn't help Ryn feel any better, of course, but it cautioned them both to step carefully.

After many twists and turns, Ryn finally found herself on a corridor she recognized; the same one she had followed Eomer down earlier. Now it was quiet, and no guard stood at the king's door. She could see it a small distance away.
"I don't know what to say," she suddenly confessed to Brenna, coming to a halt in the shadows, "I'm no diplomat.."
"You'll have to be," Brenna took out her bow and readied an arrow, "I'm going to stay hidden and watch for danger. Remember-- this is probably a set-up. I'll keep an eye out. If I tell you to run, or to get the king out of harm's way, do it."
Ryn nodded, then walked forward, heading for the door. She turned and glanced over her shoulder, but Brenna had already hidden herself expertly in the darkness. The only sign that said she was still there was a soft 'go on' from one of the shadows.

The young woman hurried the rest of the way, then stopped and peered in both directions before knocking softly on the door. A few moments passed and no response came, so she knocked harder, her heart speeding up with fear.

Finally the door was yanked open. The king stood there in a robe, hair mussed, eyes half-closed with sleep and expression annoyed. He blinked at her a few times before groaning and shaking his head.
"How did you get out?" He said, not stepping out of the door. "And why have you disobeyed my orders?"
Ryn stuttered a few words then bowed hastily, standing and looking down the corridor again before turning her eyes back on Eomer.
"My lord, I'm sorry, but your life is in very real danger. I could not wait until morning for fear that it would be too late- my friends and I did not come here to hurt you or anyone else, my liege! You yourself could see that we traveled far and hard to get here- my dearest friend was killed by these men, as was one of their own. We don't know who it is, but you must believe me sire, if something is not done-"
"Hold on, hold on," Eomer raised his hand to silence her, "young lady, I will listen to everything you have to say-- in the morning. I am quite safe in my own bed room! The door has a lock, the windows cannot be reached from outside. No one could get in- now, go back to your own quarters and stay there until you are given permission to leave. I don't want to call the guards on you."
He turned to go back in, but Rynwyn would not give up. She reached out and grabbed the door, keeping it from closing.
"My lord, please. This cannot wait!"
"What would you have me do?" He asked, opening the door and looking down at her in annoyance. "It is the middle of the night, most of my subjects are sleeping. How am I to find out if anyone is trying to kill me?"
He paused for just a moment, and in that second of silence an unmistakable sound could be heard.
The sound of a bow string being pulled back.
That can't be Skyla!
"Move!"
That was her! Ryn gave the king a shove, but she was not fast enough- an arrow sped out of the darkness, slamming into the king's chest, He cried out in pain and stumbled back, falling on the floor inside his chamber. Rynwyn turned but could see no-one in the shadows. She heard the sound of retreating feet, but paid no heed, going in the room and kneeling next to the Eomer. Cursing, she tried to work at the arrow, casting her sword on the ground and recalling all she had learned from her mother. As she studied the shaft her heart grew cold- the arrow matched the one Skyla had drawn from her quiver just minutes before.
No, it couldn't have been her... she renounced her old ways..
Thoughts of Roethed flooded her mind but she forced them away, trying to push away her doubt. It had not been her companion- there was no way!
Yes, there is. She killed once- why couldn't she do it again? And She just might, if freedom had been promised her..
"No!" Ryn cried at herself, turning her attention back to Eomer. She couldn't un-button the robe; she'd have to cut it away, but all she had was the sword! She took it in her hand.
She had no time to do anything for him, however, because the light from the doorway was suddenly blocked by guards- one of them the long-winded captain from before. His face was full of rage.
"What have you done?!" He cried, striding forward.
"I'm trying to save him-"
"Liar!"
The man shoved her roughly away from the king, barking an order for healers to be brought at once, then turned his burning eyes back on Ryn. She scooted backwards, afraid, wondering where Brenna had gone, wishing she had stayed in the room with Glorfindel, wishing she had the nerve to use the sword against this man, knowing it would only affirm her guilt.
"I was right!" he said, towering over her, "I do not know how you managed to corrupt my men into letting you out, how you came to the king's chamber unmarked, but you shall pay dearly for it- you, the wretched woman who fired the arrow, and all the rest of your rag-tag friends!"
He reached down and pulled her roughly to her feet, unrelenting in his grip on her arm.
"Bless the king for trying to see good in you, but I know evil when I see it- even in ignorant peasant girls and snobbish elves. Treachery is punishable by death! Come morning, you will see your trial, and that is exactly what you will be senteced!"

With that he attacked, his fist connecting with her head. A painful snap of light erupted before Rynwyn's eyes, then pain was banished, replaced by cool, silent darkness. There was nothing she could do but let herself succumb to it.

[Edited on 4/9/2005 by dreamdancer]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 01:57
Earendel lay quitely hoping the rest of the group would stay in their rooms, if they did not they would be prime suspects of anything went wrong. Earendel also wondered what happned to her other dager, she was concerned that one of the evil ones would use it to frame her.

-----

Noldon walked right into the great hall as soon as he came to the top of the hill. He was the over turned table and the mess, plus the arrows that easily were at a hieght to kill if they had found anyone. He continuied his survey of the room and found a dagger on the floor it was not of rohan make, the desided it was lady Earendel's, he slipped it into his belt. He was near the hall that Eomer bed chamber was down. He heard running feet. HE quickly made up his mind and the man who was running was quickly knocked out cold. He then bound and gaged the man. After that Noldon carried the man quickly to the cell area. He put the unconcious man in the last cell all by himself. As he walked out he told the garud"Eomer has odered that man to be left conpletely only and not even spoken too, there is no telling what stupidity may come out of him mouth." THe gaurd nodded but asked "what is the mans crime?" To which Noldon answered "I did not ask his highness I just did as I was told, from the kings tone of voice if this man is shown any liencey what so ever all who have been gaurding him may well be punished as well. It is not a risk I care to take. But if you wish to know more feel free to go ask him" with that he walked back up to the golden hall.

(i assumed It was not breena who truly shot the king.))
----

THe head healer had gottne word of injuries at the golden hall. By time the gaurd arrived he was already about to leave. When he was told it was Eomer who was hurt he ran all the way to the hall and straight to the bed chamber of the king. He was shocked to find that even with an arrow in his chest but the king had a good strong heart baet and was breathing ok.

The healer removed the robe and found the under it the king was waering armour. Leather but it had surely stopped the arrow from going as deep as it was supposed to. It was clear that the king had reason to fear an attack. The healer removed that area of armour and arrow. He cleaned and put hearbs in to prvent infection and then he cauteriszed the wound. While not near as deep as it should have been it was still deep enough to have the king bleed to death. Now that the wound was not bleeding the king was already beginning to stir. The healer gave the king a mild sedative. He know he would be out until near noon.

The healer walked down the hall he heard the head of the gaurd speaking"I am sure that our king will be beclaired dead any time now. Then these good for nothighs that he let in here will also die."

The healer spoke. "YOu are wrong my good man. THE king will live. I would be much surprised if he was not awake by highnoon."

At which poinmt Earenel popped head head out the door and spoke, "Then we travels will be exhonorated by noon."

The gaurd laughed, "One of your was with Eomer with a sword in her hand when we found him. SHe on being held in a cell in the hall so that she may be finshed off quickly."

Earendel chucked."I hope you like that thought of sharing equally in her punishment. Remember we are all under the watch of your gaurd and you know as well as I do that if anyone under your watch has hurt the king then all those on duty last night and this motrning will share equally in her punishment."

The gaurd stopped laughing because he know 100 5 for sure that the words were true. If the girl who had beenunder his mens watch somehow was found to be one one who had hurt Eomer then him and all his men would be harshly punished as well.

The head gaurd found a pair of solders in the hall "find three more guards place them outside the kings chamber. Then make sure that at least 2 are outside each of the guests rooms and bring the unconsius girl back to her room as well. Things are about to change around here." The men looked at him like he had lost his mind. THe then shouted."get a move on do what your are told!" THis member of the gaurd while dislikeing and distrusting the travelers in not in on the plot.

Then he turned back to healer, "Go back to the king adn stay with him till he wakes up."

(i assumed that this was not not kill Eomer.)

(soory coe kept taking my bacspace button as the back arrow when I was tring to fix this post hope I got it all right now)

[Edited on 5/9/2005 by tawar_meldis]
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 07:45
(I'm gonna save Dianen, Glorfindle and Fae from this round, after all, someone has to rescue Ryn and Brenna.

Fae stepped out of her hiding place at the woman's scream, waving her hands frantically. "Quiet! There are guards outside your door!"

"Fae?" Glorfindle managed to utter in a supressed tone. "Yes, I found a secret passage, a network that I have a feeling runs through the whole building." She said hurriedly, as she shut the door tightly and carefully placed the hanging of Eor over the tiny hint of a crack.

There was a rustling outside and her sharp ears, augmented by her fierce adrenalin(sp?) caught the sounds of harsh voices comming from her own room. "Quick, there's probably another passage on the other side. Ryn's not here and judging by her bad luck, she's been framed. Hurry in here!" She wispered quickly as they ran across the chamber, Fae dragging a half-concious Glorfindle behind her.

She found the hidden door in a moment, it lay behind a newer hanging depicting the white lady's battle with the witch king, though they didn't have a chance to observe the fine work, as they hurled themselves through the opening and shut the door behind them, just as a handfull of gurads burst into the room behind them. The three of them heard loud voices, something about bringing the assassins down to the cell block. Then stunned grunts and vulgar words as the guards realised that this room, like Fae's was empty. They did a half-hearted sweep of the room and left in a huff, most likely to search the hall in vain.

Fae let out a sigh and set down her candle. "Good thing my sixth sense is up to scratch. I'm Fae by the way, unfortunate sod who got caught up in this hellish mess." She extended her hand to Dianen as a trace of relieved humor crept across her face.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 03:43
Glorfindel was still leaning heavly on Fae, panting from the hectov series of events that had he had been put through. It seemed impossible for him to get one decent nights sleep here, indeed he had not slept fitfully in Rohan since the start of the chase, for one reason or another. However at the moment he was pleased to see not only one familar face in thr form of Fae, but also in the form Dianen, who was at this moment greeting Fae.

"Well met," she smiled in reply, "I am Dianen of the Westfold, and I know you already Fae, rumours of your deeds have long since reached these halls, ere you rode to our gates. But it is a pleasure to finally speak to you face to face. But to your companian I need little introduction, for this is not the first time our paths have crossed, is it Glorfindel?" she smiled at him.

Glorfindel returned the smile, as best he could, but it was a sleepy and muddled smile.

"I thought I recognised you Dianen," he mumbled, "It must have been ten years since I encountered you and your brother trying to steal Lechend, but I still recognise the face, and the voice, yes your voice is the same. Though I must admit that you've grow up to be such a striking young woman that I would not have recognised you, well almost. What are you doing here?"

"I am a lady in waiting to the Queen," Dianen replied, "For five years now, my brother now serves in the Eord of the Mrashall of Eastfold."

"Always thought that he would do well," Glorfindel continued, "No it's ok Fae, I feel a lot better, I can manage on my ,thank you. Dianen what can you tell us of the mood in court, how does Eomer take our claim?"

"He is still very wary of you," the lady continued, "But now that he has been confronted with such an open threat then he was to take measures to assatain the truth in your allegations, beginning this very morning."

"I fear that by then it may be too late," Glorfindel, now clutching the wall for support, replied, "Fae, I sent Ryn to warn Eomer of the peril, but that was hours ago, do you know what's going on?"
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 07:51
Brenna lead Rynwyn confidently through the corridors. She stooped to pick up the quiver and bow that had been left where she had been told it was, slinging the quiver easily over her shoulder, and holding the bow tight. She would check the string and test it in a moment, while Rynwyn spoke to King Eomer.

Brenna told the younger woman quickly what had happened to her, leaving out what Grey Coat had offered before. "You'll have to speak to the king though." She added as an after thought. "I'm not so good with words."

"I don't know what to say, I'm no diplomat.."

Brenna shrugged, as she examined the bow and string for any faults. "You'll have to be. I'm going to stay hidden and watch for danger. Remember-- this is probably a set-up. I'll keep an eye out. If I tell you to run, or to get the king out of harm's way, do it."

As Rynwyn finally accepted this and made her way towards the kings rooms, Brenna slipped back into the shadows, leaning against the wall easily, the bow, arrow knocked to the string, loose in her hand.

Brenna was watching the exchange between Rynwyn and Eomer so intently that she almost missed the other archer. He must have been waiting in the shadows when they arrived, but the movement as he picked up his bow and pulled the string back alerted her to his presence.

"Move!" Brenna screamed at Rynwyn, as she slipped back, feeling along the wall until she found what she wanted. A small section of wall passed back, and the girl squeezed through. Hopefully Rynwyn had been able to get the king out of the way - and herself out of trouble, but Brenna wasn't about to stick around to be acused. She wasn't stupid, and she knew a set up when she saw one.

Brenna ran through the passage way, sheading her bow and quiver, and leaving them behind her. Pausing for a moment to catch her breath, she opened the other end and calmly made her way into the dimly lit corridor.

But before she had a chance to move, someone grabbed her arm and dragged her back into the passageway.

"I knew you'd take that way." Grey Coat whispered into her ear. He twisted her arm behind her back, catching her other one, and holding her back against his chest.

"What do you want now?" Brenna spat, struggling against him.

"I'm ready to give you one more chance." Grey Coat offered softly. "Will you come with me?"

"Never!" Brenna strained against his hold, twisting and sinking her teeth into his shoulder.

The young man bit back a cry, releasing one hand, but before she had a chance to react he slammed his fist into her head. Brenna fell back half stunned, and he reached to pull a dagger from a sheath, twisting it so he held the blade and crashing the hilt against her head again. Brenna slumped, completly unconcious, and Grey Coat caught her easily, lifting her up, and then slipping back into the corridor. "Here!" He called to the first guards he saw. "I caught the assassin!"
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 11:20
(I decided to have glory/fae/dianen's hiding place next to hiligan's room. and I'm going to reply for the guards hean is speaking to)

"Here!" He called to the first guards he saw. "I caught the assassin!"

The guard wrinkled his nose in disgust as he brought the torch forward, glancing at the woman in Hean's arms. He studied the arrows in her quiver then nodded.
"Good- we've been ordered to take them back to their chambers with double guards at the door. If you ask me, a call would be more suitable- but I have my orders. If you saw her fire the shot, we'll need your word at the trial in the morning."

-------------------------------------

Hiligan was half-asleep in his chamber, lost in an uneasy dream about home, when a commotion outside woke him.

"Find three more guards place them outside the kings chamber. Then make sure that at least 2 are outside each of the guests rooms and bring the unconsius girl back to her room as well. Things are about to change around here." The men looked at him like he had lost his mind. He then shouted."get a move on do what your are told!"

The young man sat up in his bed, his heart jumping in his throat. What had happened? How long had he been dozing? The candel that had been in his room upon his arrival had burned down almost to nothing. Quickly Hiligan stood and was heading for the door, planning to press his ear against it and listen, when it suddenly swung open. Two guards stood there, both looking furious.
"Where have the others gone?" one barked, "two of the rooms are empty!"
"I don't-"
"Don't lie- we've had enough of lies tonight. If the king dies, it will be all of your heads!"

Hiligan stared blankly at them, then dared to ask.
"What happened?"
"A joker he is," the taller guard snorted, "one of your women- two of them, some are saying- have wounded the king. Sad that you must get women to do it for you either way--"
The other interupted, throwing up his hand to silence his companion.
"Let's just go on and find the rest of the villians before we lose our heads over it!"

As suddenly as they had come they were gone, and he was left in silence once more. Worry began to gnaw at him. If the others had somehow found a way to escape, why hadn't he been told of it? Were his friends hurt? Was Rynwyn alright? Who had they said was uncocious? Sighing, he began pacing, sure he would not find rest again. It was in this manner that he passed by a fraying tapestry and thought he heard the sound of a door closing.
Coming to a halt, Hiligan turned and surveyed the room behind him. Shadows hid every corner.
"Hello?" he asked, backing toward the wall. His heart began to speed up with fear- was someone in here with him? He didn't have his sword...
He soon stood against the wall-hanging, and as he stilled his breathing to listen, his ears detected voices. Not from the room before him, though-- from behind him!
Spinning, he shoved aside the tapestry and softly knocked on the wall.
"Hey!" he said in as loud a voice as he dared, "What's happening! Who's there?"
Hiligan traced his fingers along the wall and found the outline of the small door, but he couldn't pry it open with his one hand.
"Let me in!" he said, "the guards are searching the rooms! I think I know what's going on!"
-------------------------------------

Ryn was woken by a hard impact with the floor. She opened her eyes but couldn't see, couldn't think; what had happened? Her head was pounding painfully. Muddled voices managed to break through, but she couldn't understand what they said. A door slammed.

After a few painful moments of fearful silence the young woman dared to move, to reach out. Her fingers brushed soft fabric, and she recognized the sheets of the bed she had lain in earlier. How long ago was that? Blinking, she found that she could see a little by the light in the window. The candel had burnt out completely. Gripping the bed sheets tightly, she hauled herself off the cold floor and up onto the bed. Worried thoughts tugged at her mind-- Glorfindel was supposed to be here, she was now suspected as a traitor with proof against her, skyla was probably taken and she might have been the assassin, where were hiligan, fae and earendel- but there was nothing she could do about any of it, and the pain where the guard's gauntlet had connected with the side of her head was not fading. She felt sluggish and confused. Closing her eyes against the ominous darkness of the lonely room, Rynwyn willed herself to find sleep again.

---------------------------

Outside, the darkness was deep. Two men stood nervously, waiting for another. When he came, all three slid into the shadows, avoiding being seen.
"Your ingenious plan has failed! The other girl got out, somehow, and Eomer's wound will not prove fatal since the guards were alerted-"
"Be silent! Eomer may not die tonight, but we can turn these events to our favour! All of the guards are certain the two women are responsible for what transpired. Our man will preside over their trial in the morning, and the evidence is stacked so heavily against them, there is no way that they will escape punishment. Then, friends, the meddling idiots will be out of our way for good, and our plan will commence while the king is weakened."

-----------------------------------
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 11:44
"Hiligan?" Glorfindel whispered, taken by surprise by the sudden out break of thumping and shouting, "Keep it down, the guards are looking fo us!"

Moving over to the wall, he pressed his ear to it. Yes, Hiligan was difinantly on the other side of this wall.

"Hiligan," he hissed back, "Stand away. Dianen, Fae, give me a hand with this!"
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2005 06:09
(this is getting really good!)

"Here let me." Fae said firmly, and with a great push, creaked open the door that was stiff from lack of use. One Jade eye peaked through the slit in the wall and red hair spilled out as she pushed the door to it's furthest point. She grabbed Hiligan by the collar and practically hauled him inside and closed the wall quickly as the guards returned to the room, greeted with the same emptiness that they had found in the last two.

"What is this magic?" One guard yelled in frustration. "You fool! You're much too superstitious...search the room you dolt!" A higher-ranking guard spat at the other. The two of them combed the room and came to the window, which was open to the black outlines of mountains and a full moon that seemed to mock them in it's perfection.

"D'you think he went out the window?" The first guard asked stupidly. "How'd he get out so fast if so?" The other muttered angrily, peering over the sill. "Magic?"

"Shut up." The guards left the room cursing each other, leaving the hollow wall unknowingly.

[Edited on 7/9/2005 by _mook_]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 07, 2005 03:01
"Here let me." Fae said firmly, and with a great push, creaked open the door that was stiff from lack of use. One Jade eye peaked through the slit in the wall and red hair spilled out as she pushed the door to it's furthest point. She grabbed Hiligan by the collar and practically hauled him inside and closed the wall quickly as the guards returned to the room, greeted with the same emptiness that they had found in the last two.

Hiligan was startled when Fae hauled him in through the door, and when she let go he nearly toppled on top of Glorfindel.
They sat in silence for a few tense moments, then the guards were gone. He let out a sigh of relief and leaned heavily against the wall, pushing back his hair from his forehead. Then he turned to the others, eyeing Dianen warily.
"The worst has happened, if I'm right," he began, "Eomer's been wounded- the guard said by one or two of 'our women'. Since they made no mention of an elleth, I assume Earendel is still in her chamber, and since Fae is here, Skyla and Rynwyn must have gotten out somehow, and were set up. I heard someone speak of an unconcious girl- now the guards are all convinced that either Skyla or my sister, or both, attempted to kill the king. I'm worried about Ryn..." He glanced sideways at Glorfindel, "you don't look so well either. Anyway, what are we to do now?"
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 10:07
Helping Fae back to her feet Glorfindel, looked at Hiligan in a slightly critical way.

"Rest assured," he whispered, not wishing to reveal their precarious position to the guards, "That I am well enough to perform the task at hand. But what about Ryn? Has something happned?"
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 10:12
Helping Fae back to her feet Glorfindel, looked at Hiligan in a slightly critical way.

"Rest assured," he whispered, not wishing to reveal their precarious position to the guards, "That I am well enough to perform the task at hand. But what about Ryn? Has something happned?"
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 05:40
(( i am going to post this without fixing typos or anything..every time i sue my backspace bar this site activates the back arrow button on my broser instaed,only this site))

The healer went into the kings bedchamber to wait for him to wake up. He know full well, from expereince, that the king would be pissed when he woke. He didnt like to be knocked out.

The king woke about dawn. He sat up and winced but gave no other sign of a problem.
THe healer spoke "How is it going to go over when it gets out that you are waering your armour even here in the halls of your fathers?"
Epmer replied quickly, "That will never leave this room."
Tghe healer asked,"how will the wound not being fatal as it should have been be explained then?"
Eomer thought for some time and then he replied"by saing the girl, Ryn, pushed me back at just the right moment."
The healer continued"You are a ware that that will completely exhoneroate the girl that your gaurds have as good as sentenced to death."
Eomer nodded"I am awere of that., For the record I also plan on giveing the girla reward for saving my life."
This leaves the healer confused but he stts in lis silence waiting for the king to deside it is time to gather court.

-------
Noldor is in the hall and is picked to stand outside Eomer's door. He is a honorable and proud member of trhe royal gaurd.

-----
What she has seen in the hall makes Earendel nervous. A few minutes later a pair of guards unlock her door and look around. THey say. "you will be garded very closely we dont need you slipping out."

Earendle laughs softly"If I chose to fade in to the walls and walk past you you would not even know it. But fear not I have no plans of going anywhere, except to the trial, as you well know I am allowed and welcome because of my status. 'MOTHER OF ON OFFICER OF THE ROHIRRIM' "
The gaurds nodded know it was always allowed for mother of officers to attend any trail they chose to try and interferr with it would be grounds for discharge or wrose.
Earendel laid back down and took out her dager. Her next words were to both or niehter of the gaurds."It allways amazes me how straight and true well made dagers fly."
The gaurds hastily back out and lock the door.

[Edited on 10/9/2005 by tawar_meldis]
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 07:56
(since the rest of us still have an entire night to finish playing out, I'm assuming we'll keep going from where we are and catch up with you in a few posts, earendel. another note: something should happen to keep eomer from attending the trail, at least until a climactic point-- maybe a servant has been paid-off to put another sleeping-herb into his morning drink or something, so that he's detained longer... I dont want our characters to get out of trouble so easily. :evil: and Hean is still on the loose... )

"The king has been wounded," Hiligan replied again, this time more clearly, "and I think that somehow Rynwyn, or Skyla, or both, got out of their rooms and were somehow framed for it. Either way, I heard talk of 'an unconcious girl', a 'trial'.... we've been pulled into this deeper than we ever intended. I don't understand how Reothed got drawn into such dark turnings... he was a good young man, just a few years under me, was headed to becoming a fine soldier. To know this is why he died.... and why we might follow him in the same way... our family name will be sullied, and our mother will have no one."
He sighed and gazed at the three people before him, hoping that they would know what to do. He was at a complete loss. His eyes strayed to the opposite wall. He gestured half-heartedly.
"Isn't that Rynwyn's room? Do these doors go through all of the chambers?"

(here's hoping that will move things along..)
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 10:48
"The king has been wounded," Hiligan replied again, this time more clearly, "and I think that somehow Rynwyn, or Skyla, or both, got out of their rooms and were somehow framed for it. Either way, I heard talk of 'an unconcious girl', a 'trial'.... we've been pulled into this deeper than we ever intended. I don't understand how Reothed got drawn into such dark turnings... he was a good young man, just a few years under me, was headed to becoming a fine soldier. To know this is why he died.... and why we might follow him in the same way... our family name will be sullied, and our mother will have no one."

He sighed and gazed at the three people before him, hoping that they would know what to do. He was at a complete loss. His eyes strayed to the opposite wall. He gestured half-heartedly.
"Isn't that Rynwyn's room? Do these doors go through all of the chambers?"

Glanced around at the direction Hiligan had gestured.

"Yes," he replied, "That was the room I was in. Dianian took me to Ryn, but I passed out and when I awoke she was gone. But....someone screamed....that was what brought me around.....it was terrible, an emotion of pure terror. Dianian, did you scream when you saw the blood?"

Dianian shook her head.

"No, I moved towards that tapestry, pulled it back, and there on the other side was the blood. Then the scream came, and I dropped your sword. Next thing I know you're out of bed, and Fae is in the room."

Looking from one to the other, Glorfindel surveyed the assembled the group with a look of puzzlment and mixed fear.

"Hiligan," he muttered in a low tone, "I think we should go and check on Ryn. There is strange work here or I am a dwarf. But we should remain concealed, I'm willing to bet that the guards do not know of these passages and we want to use our freedom to our advantage."
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 12, 2005 03:38
((I'm adding Hean to the DB under his birthname of Cuan sometime today.))

Brenna was roughly thown onto her bed, still unconcious, the door locked behind her. After a while, she stired, and briefly returned to conciousness, only to slip back into sleep.

~ * ~

Little Raven sat beside Little Fire, both watching the small fire that burnt in front of them. The two girls were dressed in rags, Little Fire's red hair bound back behind her head, and Little Raven's blonde locks matted and lank, falling in front of her face. The two looked up, at the same instant, as Wolf came in, dragging with him a boy of Little Raven's age. Little Raven looked at the boy, interested, while Little Fire rose to greet Wolf with a light kiss.

"I found him skulking around the east entrance." Wolf told Little Fire.

Little Fire stood in front of the boy, and looked into his eyes, calmly. The boy met her gaze for a moment, and then looked down. "What's your name?" Little Fire asked.

"Cuan..." The boy whispered.

"Another wolf." Little Fire mused. "You can be Grey Coat."

Wolf released his hold on the boy, who stood there, confused. "I don't understand."

"Where are your family?" Little Raven asked, her eyes on the fire once again.

"I have none." Grey Coat said, suddenly determind.

"Then you are part of our family now." Little Fire told him.

~ *~

Cuan knocked on the door, and waited in the shadows for a moment. After a short while, the door was opened, and Cuan slipped in silently.

"I thought you agreed we were going to wait!" The young man hissed.

Sigorléan smiled, reasuringly. "Don't worry. We managed to weaken the king, and now the girls at least will be out of our way."

"You've just made things ten times harder! Think of how increased security is now; how am I meant to get round that. If you were going to try, you aught to have at least let me do it than that fool."

"I didn't know they would fail." Sigorléan admitted. "But never the less, I have a way that we can use this to your advantage. Do not worry, my little thief, we'll still get there eventually. I heard you captured a dangerous assassin this evening."

"Aye, and old friend."

"Good. That will help."

[Edited on 12/9/2005 by purplefluffychainsaw]
<< First1011121314Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email