Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
Post The Jewel and The Crown: When the Sun Rises * no new players please*
on: May 05, 2005 09:16
Morwenna supressed an irritable sigh as she stared gloomily out into the abyss of coarse, rain laden cloud forming a bleak, thick veil to cover the moon as it hung loftily in a night as deep as the Princess's fears. Her father, King Eldarion, was scouting some renecides on the borders with his clustered honour guard, renowed and feared over the pastures which encircled Gondor's white city. His reign had moulded a legacy of justice and power to encompass the entire company of Gondor so that none settling within its walls could not be tainted with the trust this man, this King seemed to encur from all. Queen Ceinwyn's beauty grew noble under the mantle of power, a unique sense of aloof grace which never left her and it seemed, which ran in the very blood of her most precious daughter. Ceinwyn's sense of fairness grew famed in bardic songs and whispered stories and whilst her respect grew, so did her babe in her stomach: Morwenna. Staring at the willowy, slender figure of her daughter leaning against one of the pillars with as much anxious restlessness as a captured deer, a rueful smile formed upon her lips. So much like me...and yet her colouring stemmed direct from the Lady Arwen. Her grandmother. " Child come away. He will be back soon enough" the Queen urged sternly but Morwenna simply shrugged, pacing the floor before the hearth. " It is too bad a night to be hunting rascals. They'll get lost in the storm" she mused hotly, pushing a strand of hair irritably behind her ear. Ceinwyn offered her daughter a mild smile but no word of rebuke - indeed her expression served enough for that - uttered through her lips. She was a Queen; she needed no words. " I suppose the storm will delay the guests then - for Lady Edith's babe's christening?" she ventured in an attempt to divert her daughters attention but Morwenna eyes remained foxed, staring incessantly out into the howling loneliness. " Oh?" she answered vaguely as Ceinwyn's eyes lit up curiously. " Yes. I am expecting some rather - old friends to arrive". Gwenneth - and her sons! I have not seen them since they were babes....or her...." mother - mother are you alright?" Morwenna prompted more softly this time, frowning as the Queen shook herself straight, easing back into the chair. " I am quite fine. Just remembering that is all. Just remembering'
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Jewel and The Crown: When the Sun Rises * no new players please*
on: May 05, 2005 11:15
Gwenneth and her family had stopped for the night at an inn due to the storm. After the war had ended, Glyndr, her husband, had felt a strong desire to go home, as had his twin, Castlyn. So they had returned to the former home of the brothers, and had not returned to Minas Tirith since.
She missed the White City. It had been her home for five years before she had married Glyndr, ever since the then Prince Eldarion had saved her life. She had become something of a personal assistant to him, and had even for a time had a crush on him. She still considered him her best friend in the world, and had been corresponding with him from the time she had left.
She smiled now, thinking about his bride Ceinwyn. The beautiful Queen. They had had some bitter times, the elleth going so far as to let her believe when she first arrived that Gwenneth had been warming Eldarion's bed before she had arrived. Cruel of her, yes. But Ceinwyn had been a good friend to her, at times when Gwenneth had no right to expect her friendship. The last time she had seen Ceinwyn, the boys were still babies.
Ah her boys. Even now, she could picture them downstairs with their father and uncle, wreaking havoc on the barmaids. She had long ago let go of her fears of Glyndr being lascivious with other women. If he was going to do it, there was nothing she could do to stop him. Besides, his brother had maintained his habit over the years of slipping into her bed, with Glyndr's blessing. Castlyn had saved her life when she had gone into labor with the boys. In the final stage of labor, her heart condition, previously unknown to anyone, had caused her heart to stop. Castlyn had used Kellquenti magic to bring her back from the clutches of death, and his payment for doing so was simple: he got to expend his extra energy with the beautiful elleth his brother had been fortunate enough to win the heart of. A heart he knew he would have won instead had he not been thought dead for so many years.
Ever since then, everyone had treated her as if she were very fragile, always taking great pains to insure she had everything she needed at all times.
There was a knock at the door, and a soft call of "Naneth?"
She smiled and said, "Come in." The door opened and her eldest entered the room. Halyn smiled at her, and said, "Do you need anything?"
"Just to go downstairs and sit with your father at the fireplace."
He helped her up out of her chair, and gently guided her down the stairs and to his father's side. Glyndr looked up, smiled, and took her onto his lap and cuddled her.

[Edited on 6/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 03:10
"Flower", Glyndr placed his mug of ale on the hearth as he saw Halyn guiding her towards him, He smiled his famous half smile as he took her onto his lap.
He held her close as though afraid to let her go, as though afraid he might lose her.

Once he almost had.

Gwenneth had gone into labour while he was away on a patrol at the furthest borders.
A messenger had ridden in haste to find him, to tell him to return ,that his wife was in labour and was calling for him.
The messenger's grave face and the urgency in his voice drove a cold fear into Glyndr's heart.

He had ridden hard and fast back to his Flower.
Running the stairs, he had met Castlyn at the top,his twin pale and silent.
Glyndr had broken down in desperate sobs as his brother hugged him and told him quietly what had happened.

Since then Glyndr was thankful for each day he had with his beloved Flower.
He was forever in his brother's debt.

"Halyn", Glyndr nodded towards the bar, "Fetch your Naneth a drink, and don't let Castlyn persuade you that she needs a strong brandy" He glared at his twin, Castlyn stood close to the bar talking to another traveller , asking of the conditions of the roads to Minas Tirith, the storm bothered both him and Glyndr, Heavy rains would make the journey difficult if the roads were flooded.
Castlyn turned to grin at Glyndr, he had heard his brother's remark."Halyn", he put his arm arond Halyn's shoulder,"Don't listen to him, I know what your Naneth needs to drink"
He leant close to Halyn's ear,"And it's not brandy" he whispered.
Castlyn spoke to the barmaid , she nodded , then poured a pale pink liquid into a glass,
"Give her this", Castlyn smiled, It was rose petal cordial, a drink that Felyon was famous for making.
Gwenneth had drunk gallons while she was pregnant, she was very fond of the scented, sweet drink.
It had been the first thing she had asked for after Castlyn had called her home from death's call. A drink of Felyon's rose petal cordial.

Castlyn and Halyn joined the others at the fireside, Glyndr glanced at Castlyn, He would ask what the traveller had told him of the roads later.
"Tomorrow we shall be in Minas Tirith ," he said as he kissed Gwenneth's cheek, "I wonder if much has changed?" He smiled at her, "How do you feel about going back to your home? for that is what Minas Tirith was to you ,how do you feel about seeing Queen Ceinwyn King Eldarion after all this time? And more especially their daughter?"
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 04:18
Eldarion slid wearily from the saddle as the cluster of horsemen skittered in a vague line of order out into the sleek, rain doused courtyard, each as world-weary and tired as the next. The King waved his stewards back to thier wifes and children, rubbing his hands in eager anticipation of seeing his own brood - his eldest son Cadwyn, was secluded still in his honeymoon sweet with his new wife and, as he passed their wing of the castle, the King paused, saluting the open turret. Peace my son and heir..peace...With a brisk nod of the head, the main doors were swung open, servants lining the marbled staircase and bobbing in an array of quaint courtsey's and deep bows. For a moment, as he burst into the room holding his wife and daughter, he seemed the same energetic, vivacious youth he'd always been - the same glint of joy glistening in his eyes as Ceinwyn buried her head into his shoulder. Morwenna, pausing on the outset, smiled at their earnest display of warmth after eighteen years of marriage; so rare and so feircely guarded by both. I will find love such as this, Morwenna vowed inwardly; I shall find my knight.." Morwenna; my precious gem!" Eldarion cooed indulgently, grinning as she bolted into his strong arms, a long sigh drawn from lips of perfect rose when, pulling back, she titled her head sideward, eyes wide. " Did you find any captives father?" she urged curiously, Ceinwyn rolling her eyes at her daughters attempts to gague some military knowledge; the girl was impossible. " Yes we did - but their in the prisons now where they belong. Hush - I want no talk of vagabonds or traitors..would that you would prefer to talk of ribbons" he frowned ruefully, shaking his head as she tutted, removing back to pace before the hearth. " And how are you my love" Eldarion purred discreetly, grinning wolfishly as his wife, as beautiful as ever, moved into his grasp, sighing in perpetual bliss. " Glad that you are safe and home to rule your Kingdom once more...the roads. They mustbe terrible: do you think Lord Glyndr and his wife will be able to make Edith's christening? Perhaps they will not come" she mused dourly, noting that hers, Eldarions and Glyndr's paths had crossed more often then even fate would deem appropriate. " She will come; and with her sons" he assured confidantly, kissing her brow as he turned, inclining his head to the Princess. " Morwenna to bed with you now. Can't have you looking haggard for our visitors tomorrow now can we?" he grinned, shaking his head as Morwenna stifled a rebuke. " As you wish" she sighed reluctantly, hugging both her parents before striding out with a small yawn back into the cold corridors and headed to her chamber. " She grows so fair husband - we must watch her back" Ceinwyn noted anxiously " for none else shall"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 09:32
Her eyes lit up when Halyn brought her the rose petal cordial, sipping the sweet drink before answering her husband.
"Well, we have all changed, I see no reason why the White City would not have, the years carve out niches in stone as well as they do in hearts. Yes, my home, I still think of it that way. I miss it. I miss spending nights staring from the top level out over the plains." Tears began to roll down her cheeks slowly. "I remember every moment spent there, all the good things, and the bad and cruel things."
Halyn reached his hand out and wiped his mother's tears away. She laughed through her sorrow, and said softly, "My boys. You will not believe the sight of the White City. You will think your eyes decieve you."
Gwyndr said, "Naneth, drink your cordial and don't cry anymore. This is supposed to be a happy time." He reached out and squeezed her hand. "Do you want to go bed? Halyn and I can take you up."
"No, I am fine." Gwenneth gulped down some of the drink and leaned heavily on Glyndr. She kissed his cheek and turned her head to look at their boys. The two of them, with the Magic of the Kellquenti. They were a formidable pair. She watched how easily they flirted, brushing their hair back behind gem studded ears, their fingers adorned with several rings. Not as many rings as their father and uncle, but enough.
She shifted position, so that her legs were laid across her brother in law's lap, and her back was pressed against Glyndr's chest, his arms wrapped tightly around her waist.
Gwenneth noticed a blond barmaid, just another barmaid giving herself away for free, eyeing Glyndr and Castlyn. She turned her head and whispered to Glyndr, and then leaned over and whispered to Castlyn, and he helped her to her feet.
Halyn and Gwyndr jumped to their feet and offered to take her upstairs, each taking an arm. Castlyn trailed behind, leaving Glyndr alone with the attentions of the tart in the bar.
They got Gwenneth upstairs, and into her room. She stepped behind her wardrobe screen and changed to her nightgown, and then her brother-in-law and her sons tucked her in.
"Naneth, why do you let him do it?" Gwyndr asked her.
"Because your father is male and needs womanly attentions, and I can't always give him those attentions."
"Uncle Castlyn could cast on you, so Ada would not have to go anywhere else." Halyn offered.
"No, your ada gets a bit aggressive at times. If he were to lash out at me in the midst of it, magic would not help me. He could injure me seriously. That's why it is only when your father is in a tender mood that he is with me."
"And we all know how rarely your father is feeling in a tender mood. Boys, he loves your mother dearly, and he blames himself for her condition. He thinks all the heartache he brought to her and all the pain he caused her made it happen. He is wrong, but he also cannot bear to be without companionship."
Gwyndr stood angrily and gritted his teeth. "Our naneth is his companion. He should respect her by doing without it."
Halyn stood and spoke softly to his twin. Gwyndr sat back down quietly, and said, "I'm sorry, Naneth. I know you allow it, to keep him sane." Castlyn looked at the boys and said softly, "You need to be getting to bed, boys. We will leave first thing in the morning if the rain has stopped and the roads are passable."
Halyn and Gwyndr each kissed their mother's cheeks and then went to their room next door. Castlyn's room was on the other side of theirs, but Glyndr and the barmaid would use that bed until he finished with her and threw her out. Castlyn would spend the night in Gwenneth's room.
"Do you need anything, love?" he asked quietly as he shut the door and locked it behind the boys.
Gwenneth shook her head. "Just to sleep. Cast on me, Castlyn. I don't want to hear him come upstairs with her."
Castlyn stripped off everything but his pants, and slipped into the bed next to her, putting his arms around her and pulling her close. He softly began speaking an incantation in her ear, his fingers drawing delicate symbols in the air as he did so. The sleep spell took effect even bofore he finished, and she was sleeping contently in his arms.

[Edited on 6/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 12:21
Glyndr held her closer, "I know my love ", He kissed her softly,"I know how you miss your White city, there is not a day goes by when I do not see it", Glyndr stroked her hair, "Tomorrow , my love you shall be there",
He glanced up as Halyn, his firstborn, son ,wiped Gwenneth's tears, So like her he was, a gentle soul , Gwyndr was more like him , He favoured his second born , just a little more.
Both loved their Naneth with a powerful, protective love, Even he had felt that strong protection.when in anger he had threatened Gwenneth, It had taken Castlyn's magic and two hours for Glyndr to regain conciousness .
Glyndr loved her with his soul, Gwenneth was his life.

Yet.

The Blond barmaid caught his eye, Ice blue flashed the signal inreturn, Glyndr could not resist.. he loved Gwenneth to distraction..yet.. there was always......
They had fought about his lust for females, screaming at each other, it was at one of these fights that Glyndrhad found himself knocked cold by one of his sons protecting his mother.

Castlyn saw the signs, as did Gwenneth and the twins , Again Gwenneth gave in to his insatiable lust for other women, she had hardened herself to it.
Castlyn and her sons had not.
Castlyn and the boys took Gwenneth to her room.
Castlyn as so many times before, stayed with her, he loved her and would not leave her to sleeep alone, knowing that her husband now worked his seductive charms on a blonde ,ale serving tart.

Glyndr worked swiftly, his beauty and charm had the woman ensnared in minutes.
He took her to Castlyn's room, he knew where his twin would be.
He used her hard and fast , as usual , his own needs satisfied more than the one he took.
Three times ,and he tired of her, "Get out" Glyndr rolled away from the blonde, She begged him to be allowed to stay ,
"I said GO!", Glyndr threw her from the room, her clothes after her.
He lay back in Castlyn's bed, Gods , why did he do this?
Glyndr knew that his brother now comforted the one he loved the most, That made him even more angry at himself.
Tomorow they would be in Minas Tirith, all must seem as it should.
Gwenneth, Castlyn, Halyn and Gwyndr would know that it was not,
Glyndr knew most.. he loved Gwenneth with a love beyond death....Yet. always.. his insatiable lust drew him.
He must be very discreet in the White city...
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 04:05
Again, the dream took her...

Walking through a place, shrouded in mist...her eyes not able to discern anything but shadows...until the hand reached out for her, and drew her to Him...they walked slowly down a winding path...not speaking...she began to feel less of the chill she had felt in the mist...finally the figure in the cowl and cloak spoke aloud..."Why did you pull back...you would have finally been happy here...no more heartache, no more pain....i know you know your husband loves you, but his lust will never be sated...he enjoys the pleasure of you less and less everytime he comes to you and has to be gentle....it is not in his nature to be gentle, not even to you...you remember, don't you...all the bruises and bitemarks..."
"Yes, I remember..." Her voice sounded softer here, more breathless..."but I still love him..."
The figure opened a gate, and stepped through into a meadow, lush and green, sprinkled with flowers. He guided her through the gate, and then closed it. "His brother...he loves you...that is why he brought you back...with his magic...that magic binds you to him more even than the occasionally pleasure from him does...don't you get tired of it? having to seek pleasure from your husband's brother because your husband is too busy pleasuring barroom tarts?..."
"Yes, I do get tired of it..."
The grip on her hand tightened, and the figure tried to draw her toward a large black hole in the middle of the meadow...the size of a grave...
She screamed and tried to pull away, fighting him...she wrenched herself free and ran....back through the meadow....tearing open the gate...running down the winding path, this time hearing snarls eminating from the swirling mist...

She sat up with a cry, startling Castlyn from his slumber, her heart pounding, the beats coming in an unnatural rhythm, her breathing labored...she could see Death standing there, waiting to take her to that black hole, reaching out for her...
Castlyn forced her body back down onto the bed, and poured a burning liquid down her throat. She gagged and tried to spit it out, but he closed her jaw and held it closed until she swallowed it, and then he lay next to her and whispered in the Kellquenti tongue until her breathing slowed and her heartbeat returned to normal.
Then she began to cry. She didn't have to explain why to him, Castlyn knew. He knew everything about the dream. She had it nearly every night that Glyndr spent the night with another woman. Fortunately for her, Castlyn was able to get the restorative elixir down her before her heart seized up and stopped every time.
For the rest of the night, she would not sleep, not allow him to cast another sleep spell, so she lay there in his arms, staring into the fading darkness as the sky became lighter. He stroked her hair and the two murmured of memories past and finally he kissed her, his mouth warm and loving on hers, softly tasting her mouth, making her feel loved again.
Castlyn desired her so badly, but after the dream, he did not want to strain her at all. so he contented himself with whispering to her over and over, "I love you, Gwenneth."

[Edited on 7/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]

Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 08:44
Morwenna woke bleary eyed and drowsy to the sated, dull autumn's's morning, the ivy seeping around the clefts of her turret doused with frozen water droplets. Rolling over slightly she grinned somewhat lazily as her eyes snapped to a mug of steaming poppy water, smouldering as it tasted sweet upon her lips. Hitching herself upright she barely noticed as her Aunt Edith sauntered into the room, moody as she slouched down into a chair near the hearth, eying her neice curiously. " And awake finally I see -the rest of the castle is already at breakfest girl!" she scolded acidly, jealous of the zeal which radiated from Morwenna's smile as she shrugged, sliding out from the creased silken sheets. The Princess, as idle in her timing as usual, dressed in simple lilac muslin, a veil of silver pulling the dark hair back from her face. " There you see - I am sure they will not miss me to much" she dismissed vacantly, sighing as she strode out from the tranquil peace of her secluded, turret housed chamber and into the ordered chaos which was life at the castle. Nursery maids and stewards bustled about the staircases and corridors in various states of dissarray as the heralds brought constant news of the roads but more importantly - the people on it. Eldarion was stewing over his bowl of oats, shifting the spoon through the milk as his eyes, glassey and unfocused, sailed towards the back of the room, infused with some inner thought. Some inner memory. " Is father quite alright?" Morwenna frowned anxiously as she perched herself at Ceinwyn's side who, controlled and smiling as ever, merely nodded, clasping her daughters hand. " It has been eighteen years since we saw some of these people last - before you were born. They have sons too - a year or just under that, older then you I think" she mused wistfully, taking a sip of the water at her right arm. How things change..how will Glyndr have changed...and Feylon: my aspiring artist...
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 12:16
Gwenneth heard the light tap on the door, and went to get up, but Castlyn was faster. He unlocked the door and let halyn in who stopped in shock. "Naneth did you get any sleep?"

Castlyn cleared his throat and said simply, "A little." Then he said, "Come, let us go downstairs and arrange for breakfast." He winked at Gwenneth, and then went out the door and ran into Gwyndr as well in the hall. "Your naneth had the dream about Death trying to take her again. That is why she is so tired looking this morning. Please don't mention it again, and don't say anything to your ada, either." Castlyn then told them to go downstairs and he was going to go and rouse their father.
He went down the hall and found Glyndr in the washtub. "Well, at least your beloved Gwenneth will not have to smell her on you."
Glyndr shot a dirty look at his brother.
"Yes, I know she allows it. But you know what she asked me to do? To put her under a sleep spell so she would not have to hear you coming up the stairs with her. Now what does that tell you, Glyndr? Think one that before you bed the next one."
he turned and exitted the room, slamming the door hard behind him.
He met Gwenneth on the stairs. She had dressed in a chiffon dress and had her travelling cloak with her. he escorted her downstairs and seated her with the boys and then went up and got their bags. By the time he came back, Glyndr as sitting at breakfast with them and the barmaid he had been with had run out the door in hysterics.
Halyn looked at his mother with worry. She did not look well at all. He was beginning to wonder if this trip was taking too much of a toll on her. Then his father came down and sat beside her and told her how lovely she was, and apologized again for not being able to control his urges, especially for a girl that was hardly even worth it(which was what sent the girl in hysterics out of the inn). Gwenneth had blushed and accepted his kisses and forgave him yet again.
He looked sideways at his brother, who was pointedly ignored their father. Gwyndr got up before he was even finished and went out to get the horses and carraige ready. Shortly thereafter Halyn joined him.
"Do you really think he loves her?" Halyn said quietly.
His brother sighed. "Yes, I do. I think he is so afraid of waking up one morning and finding that her heart has given out that he immerses himself in other women so he doesn't have to think about it."

elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 03:01
Glyndr woke face down, entangled in the sheets, He rolled over, and instinctively reached for Gwenneth, but, as was now more often than not, she was not there.
He rolled onto his back with a sigh,and stared at the rain spattered window.
The dawn light, a sickly yellow after the storm, crept slowly ,further into the dark corners of the room.
Glyndr did not move for a long time, his thoughts on the journey ahead, of Minas Tirith and of Gwenneth.
He knew that his brother was still with her, his arm protectively around her, Castlyn was where rightfully, he himself should be, and not lying here alone .
Glyndr slid out of bed , untangling himself from the sheets, He had ordered hot water for a bath, the maids delivered it while he was still asleep.
He slid into the water and lay back, his mind in another world.
He was brought back with a jump as Castlyn arrived,
His twin again berated him on his lack of consideration for Gwenneth and his uncontrollable desire for other female, Castlyn had lost count of the times he had spoken to Glyndr on the subject, shouting at him , Even begging him to stop it for Gwenneth and the boys' sakes,Glyndr's promises always forgotten as the next pretty female took his attention.
Castlyn did not give him time to reply, his twin, angry, slammed the door after him.
Glyndr stared at the closed door..he knew they would be having the same conversation , or lack of, many times more.

Glyndr joined them for breakfast a while later, He was unusually quiet,Gwenneth did not look well, He knew why.
The stab of the familiar guilt pierced his heart as it always did.
He kissed his wife and apologised, telling her she looked beautiful.

Glyndr was very astute, he noticed the boys deliberately ignoring him, he watched them with a cold ice blue look as they left for the horses.
He toyed with his breakfast, hardly touching a thing, "I am going to see how the boys are doing"
Glyndr got up and went out, letting the door slam behind him.
He found the boys at the stable yard, they spoke in the same quiet way that he and Castlyn always did, two halves of a whole.A bond never to be broken.
"What is the matter with you two?" he asked with a hint of a growl. "I saw the way you looked as you left the Inn, and now I find you whispering together,Tell me now" he demanded."And I want no lies, either of you".

Felyon helped himself to another slice of bacon and placed it on his eighth slice of toast.To his delight, The Red Fox Inn served very generous portions.
The Sylentor had stopped there overnight, the storm having delayed him too.
Felyon had been given his freedom by King Eldarion and Queen Ceinwyn after Glyndr and Gwenneth were married, He had returned to his beloved homeland, now he was looking forward excitedly to meeting friends he had not seen in years.
He had been invited to the christening, and had made the child many presents in Sylentor silver.
The pale haired Sylentor was particularly excited at the thought of seeing his soulmate Glyndr, and his dear friend Gwenneth, he missed his friends desperately.
By noon he would be in Minas Tirith, He could not wait..
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 04:53
"What is the matter with you two?" he asked with a hint of a growl. "I saw the way you looked as you left the Inn, and now I find you whispering together,Tell me now" he demanded."And I want no lies, either of you".

"Why would we lie, Ada? You want to know what we were speaking about?" Gwyndr snapped. "We were speaking of your constant disregard for the fact that our naneth is dying!"
Halyn saw the look on Glyndr's face and stepped between the two of them and spoke softly, in a voice not unlike his mother's. "Ada, she needs you. She needs you far more than you need the company of other women. If you are afraid of losing her, then don't hide from it. Do you really want the end to come for her lying in bed, with your brother in the place by her side that should be reserved for you?"
Glyndr said nothing to his eldest son, merely turned his back and walked away.
They got underway an hour later, Gwenneth riding in the carraige, propped up and semireclining on huge feather-filled velvet pillows. She was covered with a soft quilt, and as the carraige made its way along, the rocking motion slowly lulled her to sleep.
In her dream, she was riding Windseeker, her beloved mount. Windseeker was now ambling along peacefully by the side of Glyndr, who held fast to the lead. But in the dream, she and Windseeker were reliving the race, the one that had first put her in the arms of her beloved all those years ago.
She sighed happily and contentedly and the twins heard her and smiled.
They rode on one side of the carraige, their father and uncle on the other side. Driving the carraige was the coachman that Glyndr had hired from rohan 12 years before, when a healer told him finally that it would be in Gwenneth's best interests if she no longer rode Windseeker. The elation of that kind of riding could kill her, he said. And so, because he wanted her to remain with him, he had purchased the carraige and secured the services of the driver and a handmaid for Gwenneth. Not that the girl was required to do much unless Glyndr, Castlyn and the boys were nowhere to be found, and even then Gwenneth was hard pressed not to do for herself.
They had been travelling another four hours, and had stopped twice to rest briefly, and have some lunch. Gwenneth had spokken to Glyndr about hr fear of what King Eldarion and Queen Ceinwyn might think when the carraige pulled up, instead of hr being astride Windseeker. It was her subtle way of asking if she could possibly skip the carraige and ride her horse into the White City. He flat out refused. She explained to him that in none of her correspondence had she ever mentioned being sick, and they might be shocked, and his response, as well as castlyn's was a short, "Then let them be shocked." So now she was not speaking to either of thembut was rather trying to remain awake to see the White City when it spread out before them..
They stopped the horses just shy of the downward slope. Glyndr took her hand and led her out of the carraige and, with the boys walked to the edge. Both boys gasped at the white City glimmering beneath them, and Gwenneth smiled. She had known they would love the sight.
Glyndr helped her back into the carraige and urged everyone forward. They would be in Minas Tirith again within the hour.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2005 09:18
Glyndr stood , his arm around her shoulders as Gwenneth looked down on the White City, her eyes told him how much she loved the tall spires, the banners , windblown and bright.
Boromir's pearl and silver.
Glyndr also saw the look of pure wonder in his sons' eyes at the sight of the City that their Naneth dreamed and had always told them of, Halyn's emerald , inherited from his Naneth, and Gwyndr's ice blue eyes inherited from his Ada , held the same wonder as his beloved Flower's.
"Come, let us go on, there is much more to see , and many to meet" Glyndr led them on to the City.
They arrived at the gates, and passed without challenge into the City.. Lord Glyndr and Lady Gwenneth were back..this time with their sons..and Lord Castlyn..
The carriage drove to the stable yard, as it pulled to a halt stable lads ran to take the horses..Glyndr rode to the side of the carriage,"Flower, you are home, stay where you are, I am sure we shall be met soon".
He smiled his half smile as he put his hand in hers through the window of the carriage,
He smiled outwardly, but inside his soul was in torment, He feared that his Flower,his whole reason to live, may choose to end her life peacefully in the City she loved, with everyone she had ever loved around her.
The Kellquenti captain shuddered, but hid his fears well ,as ice blue met emerald, in a love that would survive even death.
"Flower, I love you".
Glyndr waited . soon the King and Queen would find a very different Gwenneth to the happy , healthy bride that had left eighteen years before...

[Edited on 7/5/2005 by elflyn]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 12:23
Edith stalked through the arched, drafty corrdiors with an almost animalistic snarl to the maids who hastily bobbed courtsey's, eying thier mistress nervously as she paced the marbled floor, white silken dress rippling slightly in the breeze." Goodness that neice of mine - where is the Queen anyhow?" she demanded acidly, scolding Tessa as she slipped on a dribble of water leaking from one of the chamber pots." Insolent girl get that cleaned up! Ceinwyn just can't get the staff these days..." she scowled bitterly,caught short in her curses as the trumpets echoed shrilly from the courtyard. With a brisk nod of the head to the stewards at the door, she strolled down tne many lamp-lighted steps and arrived to stand a few paces away from her sisters right shoulder, her babe brought by the wet nurse to rest neatly in her arms. Ceinwyn's beauty, despite the years, had never dimmed - it grew noble, infused with the grace of her people and the calm of the Gondor whilst Eldarion grew a well groomed, trimmed goatee, enhancing the fine contours of his face.
Both, gowned in pearly silver, looked as replendant as the rumours insisted and as in love as the very first time thier eyes met. " Morwenna - Mor.." Ceinwyn shot her daughters name sharply over her shoulder, rolling her eyes whimsically when only a vacant pouch of air met her qualms.

Edith's new husband, the mild tempered squire Higgins stared over to where the guests were alighting the carriage in a state of detatchde boredom - though his eyes, whenever they slipped to his new wife, held such a poignant warmth it drew a fine contrast with the usual coolness he treated all others with." hush, hush" Eldarion whispered to the chattering crowd of nobles, some who still, like the King and Queen, remembered the early days -w hen Gwenneth, Glyndr and Edith were all as young as the Princess Morwenna. Eldarion's lips became doused with a smile of immense delight as she caught sight of Gwenneth's hair, as vivid as ever stirring slighlty in the breeze. " You have come! We did not think you'd make it what with the roads..you have come!" he repeated once mroe, embracing the elleth as any old friend, and not a King, would. And yet, pulling back as he made to shake Lord Glyndr's hand, only a flicker of puzzlement swept across his features - though it was more then a flicker that he felt. Goodness she is so pale! Where is the healthy elleth I once knew...the happy elleth. " And your sons...mo goodness how they have grown! And each take afternoe of you I think; Halyn is it? I can tell by those eyes of yours who your mother is" he chuckled fondly, clapping him brusquely on the back and shaking the other brothers hand. " And you - you take after your father..come come, let us not catch a chill" he insisted hastily, eying Gwenneth as they walked up the leaf strewn bracken path and back into the main hall where a roasting warmth radiated from the hearths and platters of sumptuous meat. Queen Ceinwyn waited at the door of the hall, elegant as she bowed her head formally to the assembled company, discerning Glyndr and offering him a small, playful smile at the diferance of thier positions - after so many years apart...yet as her soft blue gaze rested on the elleth it mellowed, infused with a delicate sense of compassion; an honest warmth of an age long past. " How now Lady Glyndr? Come sit with me" she offered warmly, linking her arm through the elleths and leading her to the dias where a padded, high backed chair was set for the frail elleth. Eldarion eyed her son's curiously, seeking to gague something - anything from their manner, thier language. I wonder what Morwenna will make of them - and of Gwenneth, he mused inwardly, taking his own place at the High Table.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 09:36
Smiling broadly as Eldarion embraced her, she only realized then how tired she was from the trip. After Eldarion had greeted Glyndr and the boys, and they started up the steps, she saw Ceinwyn smile at Glyndr. Of course, she thought sourly, but you still can't have him. Then she chastised herself for thinking that. Ceinwyn had not wanted Glyndr, it had been the other way around. Gwenneth had extracted a promise from him that he would never touch her or any of her relatives, and she held him to that.
Now as she settled herself into the hignbacked, well cushioned chair Ceinwyn drew her to, she smiled weakly at the Queen. Immediately upon her sitting down, both of her sons' flaxen heads bent over her, engaged in conversation. She nodded at Halyn when he asked if she was sure she was okay.and squeezed his hand and his brother's and bid them to sit. Glyndr sat next to her, and he leaned over and softly kissed herlips. She saw the tears well up in his eyes, and she whispered, "Love, don't cry. I am just tired is all."
She scanned over the room, taking it all in with familiarity. How she had always loved this room. The room overflowed with life.
Gwenneth heard several gasps, and looked down at a couple of the women from the kitchen. They had been teens when Gwenneth was here last, and now they helped to run it. She smiled at them, and looked away, and heard one whisper to the other, "As beautiful as ever...but so pale." The other responded, "I know. Wonder if she is ill?"
A guilty stab went through her. She had seen the look on Eldarion's face when he had embraced her. He deserved to know, they both did. As soon as everything was done here, she would ask for a private audience with them in Eldarion's study, the one place in the palace that she always felt comfortable.

[Edited on 8/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]

[Edited on 8/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 12:29
Glyndr found it almost imposssible not to break down as he saw how perfectly happy Gwenneth seemed, now she was home.Home in her beloved City.
He acknowledged King Eldarion as he greeted them, Glyndr took is offered hand,A coldness still there, but he would not show it, Gwenneth was a dear friend of the King and Queen.
As they walked towards the hall, Glyndr stopped suddenly, Ceinwyn stood at the door ," Gods , she has grown more beautiful over the years", he thought as he returned her smile with a perfect half smile ,of his own, "Ah , but it was only a dream" he reminded himself, She was now a perfect queen of her people. a mother and wife, loyal to her husband King. she would have no interest in him, any more than she had eighteen years ago...perhaps?
Gwenneth..
Glyndr went to her, she was all that mattered to him now...Apart from his sons, she was all he had...,Yes,. he had his twin and Felyon, But none he loved more than his family , None could ever love more than Gwenneth, his Flower.
"My love," he spoke softly to her, "I must go to see that Sylstar and Windseeker are well tended ,I shalll not be long, I am sure you have much to speak of with Eldarion and Ceinwyn in private, The boys and Castlyn will be with you".
Castlyn moved to take Glyndr's place at Gwenneth's side, he had not been introduced to the King and Queen yet, but he knew that his place was always meant to be by her side.".If only things had been different.". He longed to give Gwenneth the true, loyal , love that only he could give, Now it was too late, his brother had charmed her heart, and stolen her love.. to what end?... Glyndr ,the wicked womaniser, had her devoted love. Or had he truly?
Castlyn knew instinctively, how much his brother truly loved her.
It was too late for him.
Glyndr had left to check on the horses.he walked slowly across the square.

Felyon arrived at the gate just after noon,
The journey had taken longer than expected, because of the flooded roads, The Sylentor rode wearily through the east gate.
Glyndr had just left the Great Hall, He glanced towards the stables, His eyes lit up, he had recognised the dapple grey mare now bieng led to the stables.
"Felyon" , he breathed quietly,"Felyon, my soulmate".
Glyndr looked amongst the many people in the busy square, He looked for the pale, slender figure of his soulmate.
He walked towards the gate .

They saw each other at the same moment. Moss green met ice blue over a distance much shorter than the miles that had separated them for the last eighteen years.
"Glyndr!", the Sylentor dropped his bags, He ran to Glyndr.
They held each other in a strong embrace,"Oh gods ,I have missed you" ,Felyon stood back, moss green eyes, crystal rimmed with tears,"Oh how is Gwennneth ? oh, how are your children?..Felyon had not been able to correspond with Glyndr in all the years.The war breaking the ties they had.
"They are fine", Glyndr's voice was tinged with sadness.He wondrered how Felyon, the sensitive Sylentor ,would cope with Gwenneth's condition, He would leave her to tell him in her own time, how would his soulmate, Gwenneth's dear friend cope?.....
"Felyon come , meet my twin sons,and Gwenneth, she will be so happy thatyou are here",
Felyon smiled his warm smile as he walked to the, oh so familiar Hall, "Sons, twin sons," He held his soulmate's arm, "Oh Glyndr I am so happy for you!",
Glyndr smiled at his friend."Yes, I have been lucky, the gods must have been smiling on me, come on Gwenneth will be so happy to see you".
He knew Felyon, his soulmate ,saw straight through him.
Glyndr knew Felyon would seek him out soon..
For the moment only Gwenneth mattered.

[[Edited on 8/5/2005 by elflyn]

[Edited on 8/5/2005 by elflyn]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 08:42
Ceinwyn presided over the incoherant bustle of the feast with a dignity rarely found in the race of men, a subtle sense of charm as she smiled upon her subjects, relishing this rspite of habitual peace in a tiadl wave of war and destruction. Gwenneth's palour she noted, was tainted with a paleness far less becoming of the spirited, healthy youth she'd once remembered; something was not right. Gwenneth was not right. Ever so gently, she leaned towards the elleth, observing the ring on her hand - her wedding ring. " What a fine gem you have there Lady Gwenneth; not so bright as your beauty perhaps...but then what match is there for an elf's beauty?" she smiled fondly, eyes actue as they searched her face. " And how have the years been for you? I see you have two healthy sons" she noted with a brief bow of her curly head to where they sat. My how their colouring is so much like hers..flaxen.." I always though they would have the dark hair of thier father for some reason. But regardless, they will do very well for themselves I imagine. But come, speak of you. The place where you live now...it is pleasant?" she asked curiously, voice soft and low as the party's boyant spirits lifted, a sphere of idle gaity calming moods soured by war. Particularly Squire Higgins as his bleak grey eyes snapped to where the curtain gave a quaint ruffle behind the dias and Princess Morwenna glided as discreetly as possible, intoher chair at her fathers side." Yes, yes I know late as usual" she rolled her eyes at Eldarions stiff frown, easing back into her chair as if she'd never, not once been late to a banquet. This of course, was one of the numerous instances in which she had. Ceinwyn's face relaxed at the sight of her beautiful - so beautiful youngest child finally within the confines of sight, where her safety could be conferred. The nights howling served only to increase her motherly anxities further; this Princess of Soar was still as strong willed as ever. " What have you been doing all this time Morwenna? Surely not doing your hair?" Eldarion teased wolfishly but she merely shrugged, grinning an impossible warmth which seemed to melt her fathers rebukes into nothing. " I was with the wet nurse looking after Arawn. Lady Edith would not go to him when he cried so I did. He is my...second cousin?" she reasoned pragmatically, taking a small sip of the wine at her left arm. The King's eyes became doused with mirth as she shook his head in rueful agreement, turning to where Glyndr and re-emerged into the crowd. Queen Ceinwyn motioned for Lady Gwenneth to follow her glance as King Eldarion, clearing his throat proudly, introduced his daughter to the newly arrived guests. " Lord Gyndr, Lady Gwenneth and their sons my I present the Princess Morwenna; my daughter". The tall, willowy woman at his side, so much in the colouring of her grandmother Lady Arwen, smiled politely, bowing her dark gem studded head in the fashion of her people. " How now to you all" her voice seemed as soft as Ceinwyn's had ever been - alight with the music of the elves. So these are the people my parents have wished to see so ardently..how very itnruiging this meeting will be....
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2005 10:08
Gwenneth looked at her wedding ring when Ceinwyn admired it and blushed. "It is beautiful isn't it? Glyndr never even told me that he was giving it to me. It was a surprise." She knew that Ceinwyn was studying her. She knew the Queen suspected something was amiss, but she also knew that Ceinwyn would never guess she was dying. "The years themselves have been good to me, but like all, there have been problems to face, things to deal with. Having my boys around makes it better." She laughed when Ceinwyn commented on their not looking like their father. "Well, I was as surprised as was everyone when their hair turned blond. I know you remember, when they were born, both had raven hair like Glyndr." She smiled and sighed, when asked about her new home. "Well, it is quite beautiful there, there is a stream that runs near our home, and plenty of room to ride." Here, her voice hitched for a minute. She shrugged it off, and continued, "But I do so miss it here."
She smiled as Eldarion teased his daughter, the love betwen the two evident. She looked to her sons, and her smile grew wider. Then her eyes lit up as Glyndr reentered the room and slid up next to his brother and Castlyn got up and went to his own seat. Gwenneth slipped her hand into Glyndr's and smiled at him. How she loved him, still after all these years, and everytrhing they had gone through. She still loved him like she had from the first moment she had met him.
The two turned and looked at Morwenna when Eldarion introduced them to her, and Gwenneth smiled and said, "Another Jewel. I knew you would have to be." ***************************
Gwyndr was worried about his mother. He knew she had not mentioned anything to her friends about her condition, but he could see the Queen sizing her up. Halyn looked at his brother and said, "What is it?" He looked toward their mothr as well.
"Ahh. You are afraid naneth will not tell them."
"She has not as yet."
"That means nothing. That is not something someone would want to find out in a letter, brother dear."
"Even so...you know there is something else."
"What might that be?"
"Did you see how radiant Naneth became when she saw the King?"
"So? Gwyndr, they are old friends."
"No." Gwyndr shook his head, "Ada was very cool to him."
"Hmm. You are correct in that. Perhaps we shall find something out about the situation while we are here."
The two boys had barely noticed morwenna when she had come through the curtain, but when they we introduced, Halyn gasped slightly. "Help me, brother I think I just met my future bride."
Gwyndr chuckled. "It would be about time, big brother. I have my hands full back home, or I might find a thrill in challenging you." The brothers bowed in unison to the lovely Princess Morwenna, and then Halyn gulped down half his wine in one swallow.

[Edited on 9/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 01:16
Glyndr had left Felyon at his room, The sylentor had been given his old room overlooking the gardens, Felyon had become very emotional as he looked around the familiar room.
Although he loved his homeland dearly , there was always a piece of his heart that would forever remain in the White city.
Felyon had told Glyndr that he was tired after the journey, and tht he wanted to rest and freshen up before meeting the King , Queen, Gwenneth and the twins, He did not know of Morwenna.

Glyndr returned to take his place at Gwenneth's side, he could tell that she had not yet spoken to Ceinwyn of her illness, the Queen seemed still to be puzzled and concerned at how frail Gwenneth was. He would say nothing, Gwenneth would tell who she wanted in her own time..if at all..

Glyndr found himself staring in disbelief as Eldarion introduced Morwenna to them, "She is as beautiful as her mother" , he thought as he finally remembered to bow."My Lady", he smiled his infamous half smile. "yes , a jewel to be sure" , he echoed Gwenneth's words.
The Elf turned to Eldarion, "My King, you have been truly blessed with yet another gem to cherish,...tend her well as I know you shall, there is much evil still hidden in our lands, evil that would seek to destroy such beauty.."
Glyndr turned to look at his sons, he smiled to himself as they finally noticed Morwenna,
He recognised the expression on Halyn's face, "You will need all our Kellquenti luck if you aim that high my son," he thought in amusement.

Glyndr appeared suddenly at Halyn's side, He handed him another goblet of wine," Another wine." He arched an eyebrow as he whispered in his son's ear," I think you may need it".....
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 05:15
Morwenna bobbed her head politely as these new faces, these forgein names were arrayed before her in a vast splendour of beauty, some flaxen some with hair as dark as the night. Eying them with a curious, if subtle intruige, she smiled, ushering them to be sat whilst Eldarion, watching the twin's faces intently, pushed the thoughts echoing through his mind aside. His Queen seemed infused with a sense of palpable pride as she observed the perfect courtesey which her daughter treated thier newcomers, so controlled - but so natural. " A jewel she is indeed - but not one entirely of Soar's making; perhaps she is more elvish then even her father was. She certainly looks like her grandmother; startlignly so. The Lady Arwen would have been proud." she sighed doltishly, lips curving into a smile of Gwenneth's earlier words of a stream. The image which merged at the forefront of her mind of the idyllic, secluded home she'd envisioned so often from the words of her advisors on allocating the land to Gwenneth, brought fresh surges of delight to mar her senses. " The open coutnryside...truly there is nothing like it. The war - it must barely have touched you, out there in the wilderness. Yet here; in these stone walls...it is like a cage of war and we all live in its grasp. It does me good to see you here Lady Gwenneth" she urged softly " it sincerley does". As Lord Glyndr arrived, bowing to her daughter, the smile gracing her lips widened, an echo of the spirited youth he'd first met on that fateful day heading towards Minis Tirth; a mere child was I then, she noted inwardly. But now I am a woman....turning briefly towards her husband, the same ounce of warmth swelled in her veins as he drew closer, slipping an arm about her waist. Some things never change - and the effect Eldarion still has on me; Well. that is one of them. " Like old times is this not?" Ceinwyn noted whimsically, clasping Glyndr's hand in a brief, but strong gesture of a lifetime of friendship. " My old friend how I have missed you!" she sighed delirously, voice low despite the joy evident within its tones. " Your wife has been telling me of your home...of its charms. I am sorry then, to have brought you back to our walls of unsurity" she added quietly but Eldarion, drawing his wife closer, kissed her forehead tenderly. Morwenna, excusing herself discreetly from the dias, edged along the line of drinkers, muttering a polite apology as she clipped Halyn's side. My he does like to drink..she noted with inner amusement, the link evident between whom his lineage stemmed from, flaxen haired and bright eyed; Gwenneth. My mothers friends son..and a twin. Settling the curtain straight behind her she began her usual mid-morning stroll along the corridors, relishing in the quiet freedom which escaping from the crowded, noisy hall allowed this Princess of a wo worlds to cherish. The morning ranged on, bleak and grey as she plucked a small branch of roses from the courtyard, swinging them idly in her hand from side to side. Oh how I long for summer! For some warmth in this cold place, she mused listlessly, eyes drawn to the open, arched windows until, turning abruptly she was met with another elf - another stranger. " Ah excuse me sir...I was not looking where I was going; a fool indeed them am I!" she exclaimed brightly, pearly blue eyes settling curiously to his face, alight with the confidant ease of youth; and the inner sparkle of Soar.Ceinwyn, as she sat listening to the murmur of the crowd pondered over where Feylon, the one person she had not seen yet, was - surely the roads had not forbidden him entrance to the city. And yet, as she stared longingly to where her daughter had disappeared behind the curtain of the dias, she couldn't wager that the Princess Morwenna was speaking with the artist at that precise moment. That it was her daughter whom had met him in the corridors.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 08:32
"Yes, it is", Glyndr smiled at Ceinwyn, "It is like old times", He held her offered hand for a brief moment , his slender, be-ringed fingers curled lightly arond her delicate hand,"And I have missed you", His eyes reflected the warmth of his smile as he remembered a time that seemed so distant now, A time of happiness and sadness , A time of new love, The Kellquenti glanced briefly at his Gwenneth, "A time when I thought we would live forever", the thought hung heavy in his soul for a moment before he turned his gaze back to Ceinwyn.
"Ah , our home, our lands, yes they are beautiful, and yes, war seemed not to touch them, I was grateful for that, at least I knew that while I was away fighting , my family were safe.
Glyndr pushed a stray lock of raven dark hair behind his still gem studded ears, four bright gems now shone in each ear where once there were three.
"It is always a pleasure to return to a place where you have known happiness." Glyndr glanced again at Gwenneth.
He smiled briefly at her, a reassuring smile.
"My Queen", he turned back to Ceinwyn, "The unsurity you speak of ,it matters not",He grinned his wicked grin, "You have a rare beauty in your daughter, she must have many suitors, make sure none of them are like me" , he teased.

Felyon had washed and rested, He changed out of his travel clothes into robes of bright sapphire silk, He braided his pale gold hair with ribbon of the same perfect blue, He had not seen his King or Queen or his dear friend Gwenneth in years, he wanted to look his best.
He stopped at the arched mirror for the tenth time to preen and make sure all was right before he left to join the others.
The Sylentor walked slowly along the corridors, taking in every colour and scent, of vases brimming with late roses. So absorbed in his own world, he did not see her until she was upon him.
"Oh my Lady", He bowed ,"Forgive me , it is I who should ...... "
Felyon stopped." Oh ...my...my.." The Sylentor's moss green eyes widened, "Oh god's ..the portraits!!" He stared.
Felyon sat down shakily on a window ledge , a trembling hand to his head.She was the exact replica of the first portrait he had ever been commissioned to paint, Queen Arwen holding a pink rose, this young girl held a rose inexactly the same way.She reminded him also of the second ,most precious portrait, the one of Cienwyn, The one that he had painted into the canvas, the wild spirit of the jewel of Soar.. this girl had that same spirit, the sensitive Sylentor felt it.

Felyon stood, he had recovered from the initial shock. "I am Felyon," he smiled his warm smile, "I am the artist that was brought to court at the time Prince Eldarion and Princess Ceinwyn first met".
The Sylentor bowed , "Please forgive me, I was just a little shocked. you remind me so much of the Royal family, are you a relative of our King and Queen, a niece perhaps?"
Felyon offered her his arm, "Please ,walk with me, I am on my way to meet them again after many years absence, I wonder if I should find them much changed?".

[Edited on 9/5/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 10:16
"Would you excuse me, please, Ceinwyn, I need to get a breath of fresh air," Gwenneth said softly, fanning herself a bit. "It suddenly got very warm in here. Glyndr looked worried at her, and she smiled. "It's okay love, you continue talking with Ceinwyn, the boys can escort me outside."

She got up and the second she did, the boys were on their feet and ready to go with her. As she passed by Eldarion's seat, she leaned over and said softly, "I would like to speak with you and Ceinwyn this evening in private if that is alright, perhaps in the study."

She continued outside, not noticing the look Eldarion shot at his wife and Glyndr, a look that showed his confusion completely. She went out the garden doors, and began to roam with her sons. "See that tree over there? The willow whose branches nearly brush the surface of the lake? That was where your father kissed me the first time. Then when I told him he was not going to get me that easily, he became angry and ran off to pout to Ceinwyn." She laughed, and then said, "And after all these years, he still desires her more than anything or anyone." She stopped at sat down at a bench. "I made him promise that as long as he lived, he will never touch Ceinwyn or any member of her family. But he still can't get over her. I don't understand it."
Gwyndr snorted. "We can't understand why you are still with him. The way he has always treated you and the way that he cheats on you?"
"Gwyndr, my son, you and your brother would not be here if it were not for your father, and with five young ladies back at home you are courting, I hardly think you have room to talk." She turned and looked at Halyn, "And I noticed your look when you saw Morwenna. I would not get my hopes up if I were you, my darling. I don't know her, but I think you may be setting yourself up for great disappointment."
Glyndr came out then, so Halyn promptly shut his mouth and refused to respond.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 12:11
Glyndr was concerned when Gwenneth said she had to go outside, He glanced towards the twins , and was glad they immediately followed her, As they always did.
He had never seen such love and concern that his sons had for their Naneth, almost to the point that they would kill anyone , even him, if her life was threatened...It did not worry him, he welcomed the fact.
His Flower must always be kept safe , and if his sons would protect her when he was not there todo so, then he felt happy for it.

The Kellquenti spoke, and stood with Ceinwyn a while, until she was called by Eldarion to speak with him.
Glyndr bowed to the King and Queen, and with one last half smile at Ceinwyn, he left to find his family.

He stood on the steps.. he had seen them on a bench near the willow.
His family.
Everything he ever wanted in his life was wrapped up in these three who now sat close on a bench near a lake.
Glyndr felt every emotion at once, Love, Fear, Pride , Anger..but not hate.. he could never hate anything about his precious family.

He walked slowly towards them, in his usual lithe way, he had lost none of his feline grace.The grace of the Elven long life ,hardly changing him over the years.
"Flower", he asked softly, "Is all well..?Do you want to go to rest for a while? or will you walk with me by the lake?"
Glyndr looked at the twins, he caught the look in Gwyndr's eye, a look so much like his own, in cold ice blue.
"Boys, will you join us if your Naneth chooses to walk , or would you rather go back inside?"
Glyndr wanted time alone with Gwenneth,
But he knew his sons..

[Edited on 10/5/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 12:31
"No, Glyndr, I am fine. I would love to walk over to the willow with you." She stood, took her husband's arm, and told the boys to remain where they were. She knew instinctively that Glyndr wanted to talk with her alone, and she was more than willing to spend time with him, at long last, just the two of them.

When they arrived under the willow Glyndr sat down and pulled Gwenneth down with him. She snuggled against him, and they kissed softly. She smiled and said, "What is it you wish to speak to me about?"
Glyndr's eyes filled with tears, and he could not speak for several minutes. She stroked his face, and kissed the tears away, and he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her to him.
When finally he began speaking, he spoke of what would happen when she died. Of how he didn't think he would be able to be there for their sons, for he would be too distraught. She pulled back from him and kissed him deeply, to make him stop talking. Then she pulled away and said in her usual soft voice, "But my love, they will be there for you." She smiled. "Our sons are fine young ellyn, and they have accepted that I will leave Arda. Perhaps they get that strength from me, I don't know. What I do know is that I love you, and I love them, and as long as the three of you keep me alive in your hearts, I will never truly be gone."
She hugged him, his arms crushing her to him, and then they walked slowly back to their sons, and the four of them went back into where the Royal couple awaited them.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 07:53
Morwenna's eyes widened curiously as the elf's melodic voice washed over her senses, infused with a familiar grace she'd heard only rarely in her grandmother's voice. " Then you must know my parents very well! And from thier youth - come, you must divulge some secrets to me" she urged with a delicious sense of fun, grinning doltishly up into his face. " They say my mother was very wild and independant...was it so very true? Was she rebellious?" she teased wryly, turning as the main doors swung open and Queen Ceinwyn strolled towards them. Spotting the artist her face became doused with such a plainetive luck of utter and absolute joy, that her eyes, as striking as ever, began to moisten with the lingering dew of memory. " My goodness I wondered when you would come to us once more!" she exclaimed earnestly, rushing towards him in a flurry of silver silk. Kissing either cheek her lips curved into a brilliant smile as one arm rested on her daughters slight shoulders, drawing her proudly close. " I see you have met my daughter, Princess Morwenna of Gondor...she looks nothing like me as you see. Much more like the Lady Arwen" she noted fondly, ruffling Morwenna's hair until Eldarion, striding forwards, fufilled this image of habitual bliss; father, mother and youngest child. The King's own face creased into a grin as he clapped the elf brusquely on the back. " How now look who it is! My most trusted and talented artist...how has your time been away from us? My Queen has worried and thought of you, ashave we all, since you left" he added tenderly, eying his daughter as she swerved away from her mothers grasp and took to pacing listlessly towards the gardens. Eldarion, sensing the tension within his wife's eyes as they snapped to rest on where Gwenneth and Glyndr where just visable in the distance, cleared his throught. " You will join us at the Christening this afternoon? For now I shall leave you at peace" he bowed gracefully, guiding his wife out into the gardens when, pausing before the elvish couple, he smiled politely. " You wished to have an audiance with us...well: speak"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 08:41
Gwenneth was startled to see Eldarion and Ceinwyn come out to the garden. Even more startling was the polite tone of voice he used when addressing them. She had expected a much softer greeting than that.
The boys each hugged their mother and quietly slipped off.
"First of all, I need to say thank you for inviting us to be with you for the Christening," Gwenneth said softly. "I appreciate the chance to see the White City again."
She reached over and took Glyndr's hand and she looked up at Ceinwyn and said, "Do you remember asking me if all was well with me? Well, i was not completely honest. The truth of the matter is that I am dying." She took in a breath, much more shallowly than normal. "When the boys were born, my heart stopped, and Castlyn used a combination of a potion and magic to bring me back. Ever since then , Death has hounded me. I have a disease that weakens my heart, and has been ever since that fateful day. Castlyn mixes up a tea for me that keeps my heart rate steady and normal, but my body has grown tolerant of this, and so they do noting now." She had gone a bit paler. "All the best healers in the land have atempted to help me. It is of no use or consequence. Nothing can be done. I wanted to ask a favor of the two of you. When my time has come to an end, I wouild like to be intered here in Minas Tirith."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 09:38
Felyon stopped again.
The Elf leant again against the wall,"Oh dear..." he put a trembling hand to his head, " I really cannot take two such shocks in the space of five minutes" he thought to himself.. the girl had just revealed that she was his King and Queen's daughter by her asking after her parents.
He stood slowly, he smoothed the sapphire silk robes neatly, as he smiled his warm smile at Morwenna.
"My Lady I now see why you have the likeness of the Royalty, you are a perfect princess of the Royal line"
Felyon looked closely at Morwenna,He was already quite taken with her.
Her eager , inquisitiveness, her bright manner,Felyon saw the wild , free spirit in her, "So like your mother when she was at your age" he thought.
Felyon offered her his arm," Ah , you ask of secrets and of your mother's rebellious nature.." He smiled wider, "My Lady I could never divulge such confidences... save to say she was much like you in her nature".

They walked a little further..Felyon stopped, Mossgreen eyes brimmed with tears, He had seen his Queen.
"Oh my Queen,"He tried to bow but Ceinwyn was there , suddenly, kissing his cheeks and asking if he had met her daughter.
"Your daughter and I have just become aquianted as you see, so like you she is " he mused , "so like the Princess of Soar who sat with me for the portrait".
Felyon began to get emotional again at the thoughts at the memories..Had not king Eldarion clapped him on the back, he would have shed more tears.
"My King, I have been working with my father in the creating of fine Sylentor silver jewellery, the war prevented correspondence between us, even with my close friend Gyndr, ah and yes I shall attend the christening.. I have brought many gifts of Sylentor silver for the child"
Felyon bowed as the King and Queen left to speak with Gwenneth and Glyndr.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 11:19
Ceinwyn blinked dubiously for a moment, gauging the truth behind her words. For a moment neither of the couple spokem too stunted were thier spirits, so relaxed mere moments before but now trapped; hardened in a bitter struggle of listless despair. Eldarion's lower lip quivered slightly as he fought to regain some sense of control, some notion of rationalism- that this shred of drudgery was just another patch in a quilt of nightmares....but no. The truth shone in Gwenneth's eyes as they raised to meet his. " No..Gwenneth this is nonsence - I will not believe it! Of course you can be healed...elvish medicine is the best. You will be healed I say!" he stipulated recklessly, face creasing into a sour scowl - a contorted but quite open gesture of utter despair. How can this be happening...she was so young and healthy when she left; Gwenneth...His wife stared quite blankly at the elleth not from mistrust but from sheer disbelief at this sudden, this terrible turn of fate. " And you have suffered in silence all these years. For goodness sake..you should have told us!" she urged earnestly, bowing her curly head. " But your sons...your poor sons" she choked with a quiet empathy, pulling the gauze over her face. A sheild. Eldarion seemed to stunned - too shocked to do anything for a moment but mouth silent oaths, eyes wide as they stared imploringly to the elleths face." Your wish will be implemented I swear it upon my honour" he gulped raggedly, crouching to her side and placing the gentlist of kisses to her palm as he held it delicately aloft." In this life and the next. Oh Gods Gwenneth!" he cursed hoarsely, shaking his head when standing upright he half, turned, sliding his arm to Ceinwyn's waist. As they walked back towards the gates there seemed to linger a peculiar air of sadness about thier frames - as if not yet had the news sunk in with as much weight as no doubt it would. But the tears they both shed - that they both wept, were strewn in a bitter silence behind closed doors. They were not seen for the rest of that morning. Morwenna, leaning against one of the pillars idly, took to surveying the twins, how very fine they seemed even in the bleak light of a dull autumn's morning. Yet how very reserved. " Feylon" she beamed, sliding her arm through his with a light, easy smile. " You painted a picture of my grandmother? And my mother, the Queen? So it was you whose artwork I so ardently admired all my waking mornings!" she noted curiously, twirling the rose in her free hand when, ushering him to a seat not far from the twins, she fixed him with a curious smile. " You have come from the elvish lands...I have not visited them for some timel a very long time. Tell me how your people live - tell me" she paused " tell me anything of them. I have always found an affinty with elves far more natural"...perhaps then, she noted inwardly, it is why I am so at ease with him. " Do you know Lady Gwenneth's sons? They seem awfully quiet" she asked after a while, eying the twins thoughtfully until, rising with a shrug, she threw a grin over her shoulder to Feylon. " Come, let us view your works of art once more"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 05:31
Gwenneth sighed as Eldarion and Ceinwyn left, arms around each other, subdued and silent.She allowed the tears to come as she watched them go off together, hating herself for having once again brought them pain.
She leaned against Glyndr, sobbing her heart out. The twins, having just seen Morwenna go off with some elf, turned in time to see their naneth's crying begin. They ran to her side. Gwyndr looked at his father and said, "Ada, what happened?"
Glyndr looked sadly at his sons and said, "Your naneth just told our King and Queen about the situation."
Halyn knelt next to Gwenneth and held her hand in both of his. "Naneth, do you wish to go lay down?"
She nodded, and her family rose as one, and escorted her inside. Glyndr stopped one of the maids, who told him that they had been given Gwenneth's old room, and the boys had been given their father's old room and an extra bed had been placed in the room.
They took her to her old room, and as Glyndr gently held her, Halyn turned down the bedcovers and Gwyndr went to find his Uncle Castlyn.
Gwenneth sat down heavily on the edge of the bed, and Glyndr gently lifted her legs and laid her down on the bed. He pulled the covers over her with help from Halyn, and then she said softly, "Glyndr, please lay down with me." She began to cry again, hating the fact that she had to beg her husband to lay with her.
"Of course I will, love," Glyndr said, moving to his side of the bed. As he slid between the sheets, he thought of the countless hours he and Gwenneth had shared in this bed, and now as he looked at how frail the elleth had become, he heaved a heavy sigh. Gwenneth looked at him and said softly, "Glyndr, please don't leave me. Please. I will be a good wife to you from now on, until Death takes me, just please, please, do not retreat from me." She broke down again, heavy sobs wracking her body.
Halyn had seen enough. He knew that things had been strained between his mother and father, but that had been too much for him, to see his mother having to beg her own husband not to leave her side while she is dying.
He went out of the room and back outside, and he went and sat under the willow tree, and cried out all his fears and frustrations and disappointment, as his mother had done herself all those years ago.

[Edited on 11/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 11:52
The Sylentor beamed a warm smile as Morwenna took his arm.
"Yes," he said as he sat beside her,"I did paint the portraits that hang in the great hall", He pushed a pale braid over his shoulder,"Such perfect subjects, I could not do them justice on canvas", he took her hand,"I should very much like to paint your portrait, another beautiful Princess to adorn the walls of the great hall".
Felyon watched her with slight amusement as she asked eagerly of his homeland,His moss green eyes shone with delight as he told her of his homeland of mountain, forest and sea, he told her of other Elven lands, their ways and beliefs.
"Ah, yes I know Lady Gwenneth and Lord Glyndr, they are my closest friends, but I have not been introduced to their sons yet",
Felyon glanced towards the twins,He stared in wonder at their likeness to Gwenneth, "So much like their mother", he thought, "Yet with that touch of their father".
He turned back to Morwenna,"Yes, I should like to tell you of the creation of each of the portraits"
The Sylentor smiled again as he went with her to the hall.

Gwenneth broke down after the King and Queen left, Glyndr and the boys took her to her room and carefully put her to bed.
Glyndr slid in beside her, his heart was breaking as she begged, Yes.., begged him.., her husband,.. to stay with her.
He felt sick, as once again the icy daggers of guilt and shame stabbed him through the heart.
Glyndr cried deperate, silent tears as she promised him everything.
Everything.
She had given him that always. And much more...
"Gwenneth, oh...my Gwenneth," He buried his face in her warm sweet smelling hair,His warm tears falling on her cold skin, "I pray to the Valar that I could take your place , and I would do so gladly, Your soul is too good and kind to leave this world,and all those who love and need you,Let them take mine, it is beyond saving, damned and cursed to eternity".
He kissed her and stroked her face gently, "What shall I do without you in my life?"No , my beautiful Flower , I shall not leave you, as you must leave me".
Glyndr waited until she was sleeping, He slid quietly from the bed.
He had seen Halyn leave, and Gwyndr had just returned. with Castlyn.He looked at his brother but said nothing, he turned to Gwyndr..."Gwyndr, stay with your Naneth, come for me if she wakes".

Glyndr found Halyn at the willow, the same place he had found Gwenneth all those years ago,
He walked silently to his son.
Glyndr sat at Halyn's side. "Halyn," he said softly, emotion breaking in his voice,"We all grieve, and feel the same sadness, do not grieve alone, I am here for you as is your brother"
He placed his hand on his son's,"Halyn , come to me, cry as your heart and soul ,but not alone, share it with me".

[Edited on 11/5/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2005 03:17
Halyn looked at his father in surprise. "You didn't seem to be grieving, or even thinking about Naneth when you were engaging that barroom tart last night," he snapped bitterly. "She gave you everything she could. You can't say the same thing, can you? No, you can't." his tears came harder now, fueled by his emotions and bitterness. "Why does she have to be the one to die? I don't understand." He leaned against his father's shoulder and continued to sob.

Gwyndr was also emotional, however his was being displayed in the way he was shredding the fresh flowers that had been placed in his mother's room and lettin g them fall from his fingers off the balcony. The doors were open in case his naneth woke up, and if he looked back, he could see his Uncle castlyn checking her over.
"Isn't there something you can do, Uncle? You saved her life once. Couldn't you do it again, somehow?"
Castlyn shook his head. "Gwyndr, i barely was able to pull her back from the clutches of Death the last time. I don't think there is anything else i can do, other than easing her pain as much as I can." He paused as there was a knock on the door.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2005 08:59
Morwenna strolled in idle listlessness about the vast, garlanded viewing hall, hung with great streamers of purple silk and chandeirs emitting a delicate melody to merge with thier voices. The gilded, golden framed pictures of each and every princess to grace the halls of Minis Tirth were lined in an array of startling decadence on either wall, noble and proud as the faces stared smiling at the young woman and her elven companion. " Sometimes.." Morwenna's thoughts roamed freely through her lips, enriched with youth's hopeful sense of wonder " it is as if I can feel them here. I mean really here..like they can see me too" she mused curiously, gazing up at the dark, smiling eyes of her late grandmother, Queen Arwen." It is a stupid thought I know" she chuckled ruefully, smiling over to where Feylon watched her when, tilting her head sideward, she sighed, pushing the rose behind her ear. " But there are very few people here for me to consort with. Lady Edith's eldest son is absent from Court and my brother is away on honeymoon. My ladies-in-waiting...well...they are free to do as they please. My mother especially she is; very protective of me" she added carefully, flicking a brief but tender glance at where Ceinwyn's painting shone from the opposite end of the room. " She is so very clever, my mother. And controlled; they all respect her yet some people" she frowned thoughtfully " some men from far of distant lands - they only see her beauty. Did you know she changed the perception of women when she arrived here - ah forgive me" she smiled fondly " you would remember. Men treated thier wifes and lovers very differentky from thier second class status they had before she came. The Queen was a radical" she giggled, shaking her head in wistful pride when, drawing towards him, she leaned casually against one of the solid marble pillars. " Are you glad to be back? It must be different what with eighteen years of absence...but I feel as if I know you already. They both spoke of you so often and with such warmth. My mother called you one of her greatest friends" she stipulated earnestly, thoughts infused with the echoy words of her mother who know, gazing straight backed and stiff out into the bleary grey sky, turned a careful eye to her husband. He stood hunched, one hand running in a feverant stroke across his forehead, eyes crinkled into tight creases of pain. But from his lips there came nothing. Not a word. Ceinwyn knew better then to demand he speak - speak of the crushing wave of despair fluxing his soul. From the mere droop of his shoulders and the sag of his head as it lolled against one shoulder, she gauged his temper now ragged with bitter news, was too stretched - too beaten to care much for harsh prompting. Instead she merely sighed, wiping the silent tears sliding down her pale, flawless cheeks. A Queen. But now, a woman in fear of losing an estrangled friend through death. " Peace my husband. It must come; we must resolve ourselves...together and for her" she admolished with mustered strength, sniffing back the tears as her voice sounded shaky - distant. " Death Ceinwyn...it is so final. I cannot bare it" Eldarion moaned roughly, pushing the hair flopping over his face briskly back. " It is Glyndr's fault, is has to be! He brought this sadness to her life the day they met Ceinwyn! I am determined-" he seethed but was caught short by his wifes hand tugging sharply at his sleeve. " You will not go and do something you will regret later. You are a King and Gwenneth will not thank you; think of her in all this not your pent up bitterness!" she snapped hoarsely, closing her eyes for a moment when, speaking a few moments later her voice regained at least some of its composure. " She will be revered as a Princess from now. That is my word"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2005 10:21
Gwenneth stirred, and then opened her eyes, just as Gwyndr came back into the room.
"Naneth," he said smiling, "did you rest well?"
"Where is your ada?" she asked hoarsely.
Castlyn answered her before he pressed his lips to her forehead. "I am going to get him now. I believe he went in search of Halyn."
"Halyn left?" She sat up quickly, and became immediately disoriented. Gwyndr gently pushed her back down. "He went outside, I believe, for some air. Ada went out to make sure Halyn is alright." He held a glass of water to her lips so she could take a sip. "He is so much like you, Naneth, I fear he is not able to retain his composure."
She stopped drinking, and smiled. "Whereas you, my son, just like your ada, bury everything inside and don't let yourself feel until it is too late."
Just then, the door opened, and in came father and elder son, and Castlyn. Halyn's eyes were rimmed with red and puffy from crying. He leaned down and hugged Gwenneth tightly and told her he loved her. "And I you."
Glyndr slipped back into his place beside her, and she asked, "Could you three please leave us for a time? I would like to be alone with Glyndr."
The three bowed their consent and left.
Gwenneth snuggled deep into his arms and said, "I am glad you came back."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 12:49
The pale Sylentor and the vivid young girl walked the hall amongst the portraits of the Royal lineage, Felyon's last two, as full of the life and spirit as those of the artists of ages gone by.
He watched Morwenna as she flitted from portrait to portrait ,her features so like those that smiled down on her.
"Yes I remember when your mother first arrived here," he smiled softly. "She certainly made an impression on Gondorian society",Felyon laughed ,"Ah yes, the Ladies certainly found her a little , how can I say? ..different".
The Sylentor walked to stand at her side, "Ah..I say too much" He smiled warmly at her.
"I am glad to be here", He replied wistfully,"I missed your dear mother and your kind, wise father,I misssed the White City, I never thought to think such , the call of my homeland too strong".
Felyon ran a slender fingertip over a bronze statue of a rearing horse, his eyes taking in every smooth line of the statue.
"My Lady, I have enjoyed our meeting, "He paused, "May I be so bold as to ask that you may again allow me your company while I am here?, I should like to hear what has happened in the City in my long absence" Felyon's bright green eyes looked at her with an almost shy expression, "of course I expect you will have many others to greet and speak with, Ah, and yes, you say you have few that you may spend time with, perhaps Lady Gwenneth's and Lord Glyndr's sons could tell you of their homeland as have I? they are about your age I believe".

Glyndr slid his arm around Halyn's shoulders, as his son sobbed piteously against his own.He could feel the anguish and pain in his son deeply.
Glyndr said nothing,both he and Halyn knew that Halyn was right,
Gwennth had given him everything, and he had given her nothing but hurt and cruelty.
They sat in silence for a while under the willow,watching as its branches brushing the water, sent ripples across the lake.
Castlyn found them there,he could feel the tension between them, emotions strong in them both.
The three returned to Gwenneth's room , they walked back in silence.
Glyndr said nothing to the others as he slipped back beside his Flower, "I am here" , he said softly to her, "Rest now, regain some strength, Are you sure that you will be strong enough to attend the christening?". Glyndr held her close as he wrapped himself around her, "I shall send word if you are not, you must not over tire yourself".
Glyndr looked at Castlyn as Castlyn turned at the door before he left, deep anguish in ice blue eyes, "Castlyn, she grows ever weaker", he thought to his twin , "Gods, how many days do i have left before my whole world shatters and ends forever?"

[Edited on 12/5/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 05:51
"I am just tired, Glyndr. I shall be fine. It was a long trip and not a particularly restful one." She said softly. "Would you prepare a bath for me, love?"
Glyndr rose and went to do as she bid him. She got up and went to the wardrobe and pulled out a lovely silk dress with sheer sleeves in a pale blue. That was the gown she would wear to the christening.
Glyndr came back and whispered in her ear, "Your bath is ready, my Flower."
She smiled and let him lead her to the bathing room, and allowed him to wash her hair once she was in the tub. She loved the feel of him running his fingers through her hair and massaging her scalp.
When he got her out, he had her wrapped in a towel and her head wrapped, before he slipped out of the room to tell the boys to get ready.
When he came back, Gwenneth was dressed in her gown and was working on her hair. As he began getting cleaned up himself, there was a soft tapping on the door.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 09:23
Glyndr did not believe Gwenneth when she said she was just tired... his soul was bound with hers.. He knew ..
He prepared her bath as she asked , and washed her hair for her, something he always used to do... before.. Before that day when the healers told him what he already knew, That the most precious thing in his life, his Flower was dying.
Glyndr could not ,would not, accept the fact.. He still did not..He hid his fears and grief, losing them in ale and females..He knew it was not right..but then again ..had he ever beeen right for her.....?.His lust for other females, his savage way in lovemaking..No..he knew she deserved better....Yet he loved her, he loved her with a powerful love..No, he wanted her..only her.......

Glyndr wrapped a towel around her as she stood from her bath, He choked back tears.. How frail and pale she was now..gone was the strong, tanned, perfectly toned body , Yes, she was still beautiful and flawless, but now in a pale etherial way.. a way of ghosts..not of the mortal world, but then she was of Elven kind..
Glyndr went to answer the door, "Felyon!" he was so pleased to see his soulmate, yet so afraid of how he would now find Gwenneth.
"Glyndr" Felyon smiled, "Oh, I have just met the King and Queen's daughter Morwenna, she is absolutely charming, so much like her mother, such spirit" , Oh I must meet your sons ..oh, and where is my Gwenneth?".. The Sylentor stopped, he saw the look inhis soulmate's eyes, "What Glyndr?" he asked, moss green eyes bore deep into ice blue, Felyon knew all was not well he had sensed it at their first meeting.
"Nothing , you silly Sylentor", Glyndr lied, "Gweneth will be so pleased you are here".
Felyon walked past his soulmate, he saw Gwenneth at her mirror .
The Sylentor stood behind her his reflection watching hers in the mirror.."Gwenneth" , sensitive moss green eyes met hers, "Oh.. my dear Gwenneth".. Felyon's warm , green eyes filled with crystal tears,"Oh my love.. you look so pale, so frail..tell me m yGwenneth so that I may help you".
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email