Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Jewel and The Crown: When the Sun Rises * no new players please*
on: May 04, 2006 10:22
“ Then Elleth”, Glyndr said slowly, his ice cold eyes reflecting the flickering firelight, “ I am ready to speak with you of my so called involvement with Gwenneth’s illness at any time you wish.”

Glyndr paused, his eyes never leaving hers, “I would like to know what evil I am accused of”.

The Captain took a deep breath, “ Don’t ever assume to know of my love for my wife. You are not she. You cannot know.”

He frowned, an anger returning to his voice, “That fickle love you speak of between Eldarion and Gwenneth .Oh, yes I know of it , I know of them!”

Glyndr paused again, “ I know how he always has come between us, stealing her love,
Oh, yes, they may have a friendship that I cannot ever hope to sunder, but a friendship it will always be. Not that so perfect love you speak of”.

Glyndr lifted his chin in his arrogant way, “ The King has a wife. His love and loyalty will always remain hers…never Gwenneth’s , NEVER”.

Glyndr watched as Anorwen swept from the bar to her rooms.

“Remember Anorwen”, he called softly after her, “I am ready to hear what you have to say , you know where I am to be found”.

Glyndr turned to Halyn and Gwyndr. He was unnerved and not happy.

“ Go to bed” , he growled, “we have a long journey tomorrow, one I fear , will not be an easy one”.

The Kellquenti Captain went back to the bar, he ordered a bottle of wine, and took the bottle and a glass to a table in the dark corners of the bar.

It was very late when Glyndr finally pushed the empty bottle away from him.
He stood, and snatched the key from the table, before making his way to his room.

He unlocked the door, and kicked it closed behind him. Then leant back against the cool wood of the door.

The Elf threw the key onto a nearby table, it chimed as loudly as the silver on the bar top as it bounce on the tabletop.

Glyndr walked to sit on the window ledge. He stared out into the darkness beyond the window.

The same darkness that now filled his heart and soul.

Glyndr was tense. Very tense. He knew that he would not sleep that night.
He knew that his life would be very different now, with the arrival of Anorwen.

“The Queen, the Queen has returned!” Felyon swept up to Castlyn in a flurry of pale hair , and sapphire robes.

Castlyn stood on the balcony. He turned sharply as Felyon told him of the news.

“Glyndr!” Castlyn’s first thoughts were the same as Gwenneth’s at the news of Ceinwyn’s return.

Castlyn feared his brother’s return to Gondor now. He feared for the future

Castlyn knew that his brother would more than welcome Ceinwyn, and. the jewel’s return to her Realm.

“Have you seen Princess Morwenna?” Felyon stroked a pale gold lock of hair from his face, “She looks so regal, so elegant, and such a beauty”.

The Sylentor paused, “ Oh, but Castlyn, I am so worried for her…she seems so sad”.

“Castlyn?” Felyon looked hard at the tall Kellquenti who stood so silent beside him.

“Castlyn, what is it? What worries you?” the sensitive Elf knew all was not well.

Felyon paled. “Glyndr!” he whispered , “Oh Valar help us , It is Glyndr is it not? “

Castlyn turned to face the artist. He had no need to say a word.

“Ceinwyn is home” Felyon’s voice shook, “ And Glyndr returns tomorrow”.

[Edited on 4/5/2006 by elflyn]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2006 11:31
Ceinwyn's aloof detatchment from the stir of whispers was commendable that night. The Queen managed her Realm well, bestowing each and every eager Lord with a calm but almost wistful smile. She was a Queen returned to her Crown: a herald shimmering forth as impenetrable and steadfast as legend so zealously depicted. Elfwine noted the poignant shift in Morwenna's spirits but it was a marred alteration - as if the girl fought against her happiness. As if the joy of seeing her mother was jarring against some inner sanctum of pain. And so it was; Ceinwyn saw it. Where had the hope gone? When had Morwenna's resolute cheer dwindled to the echo of polite coldness which met with the Queen now?

" My daughter always wore a smile. Have you none left for your mother now?" Ceinwyn urged quietly, voice warm with earnest and a curious note at that. She had been informed of course...that Morwenna had fell in love but accepted fate. Yes. Yes, she had accepted it that much Ceinwyn could tell. But made pleasantly so? And with ease? No.

" I am humbled by your cheer my darling people. Hear now, take heart! For all is not lost and all is not dark! Crown Prince Elfwine is here as our ally....drink well and be merry!". Ceinwyn's easy majesty restored the zeal once more. Ever serene, Gondor must surely be prosperous with her return; the partnership was reforged. Both thrones were taken.

" Prince Elfwine forgive my late introduction and intrusion. I must beg that your betrothed take her leave now to spend a moment with her mother" the Queen stipulated with perfect politeness, steering Morwenna away from Elfwine's fiery glance. Eldarion seemed stunned. Ceinwyn was a marvellous creature to behold - but in state formality and with such an air of resolute purpose, the Queen's somehow temperate fury was almost cold. Husband and wife met in partial silence. The King seemed as stunted as the day he'd first met her, first witnessed the passion circling in her eyes. Though now, through eighteen years of practise,Ceinwyn's eyes were cleverly veiled, evasive even of what really pulsed beneath thier deep blue depths. She was a Queen.

" You are most welcome" Eldarion almost whispered, smile somehow crooked. Ceinwyn's calmness, usually so serene, now unnerved him. Why was she not animated at her return? Or even at seeing him, her husband; her King?

" As I should be" she answered, clearly enough. But without warmth. Morwenna stood mutely at his side and the King saw then how at odds the trio had become. How a family once so at peace with thier fate and in reverance of each other had become so fractured, so broken. All for the sake of love.

" Yes. As you should have been..." Eldarion concurred very quietly now, eyes as bitter as Imrahils when they'd scoured from Gwenneth to his father. The King knew then that he'd failed, if not in his duty to his people, then in honour of his wife. And Ceinwyn knew it; but she still returned. She still came back. But then it was not in her blood to recoil from duty as Morwenna refused to wilt before Elfwine.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2006 12:12
Anorwen had invited the boys up, but first she went to Glyndr's room. She knew exactly where he was , somehow, and she knocked on the door and then when he called for her to enter, she swept in regally.

"You cannot possibly be so daft as to not understand what I meant. But since you seem to be anxious to behave that way, I shall tell you." She sat in a chair and said simply, "You break a piece of her heart everytime that you defile your marriage vows. With every woman you are with, more of Gwenneth dies. So yes, it is, entirely, your fault she is dying." She leaned stood up and said coldly, " You think of love as only having one meaning. I could care less if the King of Gondor is married, nor could my sister. The love I spoke of between them is a love borne from a friendship that has lasted throughout all this time. No one has ever cared so much for her as her best friend Eldarion, and no one ever will. It does not take a physical relationship, or even a desirous one for two people to love each other. They love each other as friends, and no matter what happens, they will always be there for one another." She smirked and said, "No matter what you try to do. How's your one true love doing, anyway? The unattainable Ceinwyn? Oh, wait, of course. You have not seen her lately, have you? She abandoned her place at her husband's side in Gondor and poor Glyndr has not had a chance to see her since. Well, you will." She walked to the door and added, "Oh, and by the way, your brother Castlyn's magic is not all that has saved your wife. You might want to thank him for falling so deeply in love with her that he is able to use that love to bring her back. Maybe the next time the Queen leaves her kingdom and husband behind, you should trail off after her like the dog that you are." She walked out in time to run into the boys in the hall.

"Ah my nephews! Come, have a drink with me, and we shall talk about important things, like your naneth." She glanced over her shoulder and smiled. "I am finished with unimportant things for the time being."

Gwenneth entered the bathing chamber, and poured some of the sweet rose oil into the tub filled with steaming hot water. She sighed blissfully as she sank into it, all her worries and cares relaxing away the moment her muscles touched the water.

Castlyn tapped lightly on the door of the bathing chamber and smiled when Gwenneth lazily called out, "Yes?"
"Enjoying yourself, my sweet?"

"Immensely, Castlyn. I feel better than I have in ages..." her voice dwindled out and he chuckled.

"Don't be dozing off in there. I have brought you some food, and will be back shortly. I must speak to Felyon again."

Gwenneth smiled and rose slowly from the tub, wrapping herself in her robe and padding across the floor to the door. She opened it and gace Castlyn a peck and said, "Thank you for the food! I am starved." She sat down to eat and Castlyn kissed the top of her head before departing.

[Edited on 5/5/2006 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2006 10:46
In the space of a few scant minutes, Anorwen told Glyndr things he did not want to hear.
Things that drove the dark demon in his soul deeper.

She told him things that he did not want to hear. Things he refused to believe.

The Ellon remained silent as she spoke, his pale , ice frost eyes reflecting every emotion he felt. Every dark thought that now poisoned him deeper.

How could he answer her?
When she had hurled her ‘truths’ at him like a rock. The hurt acute, waking the demon that drove him to a jealous madness.

Glyndr stayed silent, afraid that if he spoke he would curse her to Kellquenti twilight, to oblivion.

The Captain watched her as she left, the silent anger within. “ I know what you are”, he growled , “ I know what you are trying to do”.

Glyndr leant back against the wall, “Castlyn”, he said, his voice full of hurt and anger.

“Castlyn”, Glyndr slid down the wall, his knees drawn up to his chest. His head bowed.

“My brother, my twin, I trusted you with her body and soul. now you try to steal her love as does that cursed Eldarion!,” Glyndr felt sick, as though kicked hard in the stomach.

He sat so still, so silent for some time.

Glyndr moved in one fluid move to stand , and go towards the door, “Ceinwyn, she said When she next leaves her Kingdom” .

Glyndr smiled his half smile.” Then she has returned to Gondor , to her Realm , to her people”. The half smile became an evil grin, “And to what else does she return? What of her husband?”

A dark fire burned in the Kellquenti Captain’s eyes as he slammed the door behind him.
“A dog she likens me to? That Anorwen, yes, my dear Elleth, I may be a dog. But I am a dog that would kill for his Queen, a dog with a poisonous bite”.

Glyndr left the room of ghosts and memories for the warm dimness of the bar.

He needed company, a distraction.

“Castlyn , what is it? You look almost radiant”, Felyon looked up from his sketching as Castlyn approached.
Since the news of Queen Ceinwyn’s arrival, the artist had returned to his art once more.

“Nothing Felyon”, Castlyn sat himself next to Felyon, the image of Gwenneth implanted in his thoughts.

Felyon furrowed his brow as he chewed on the end of a vermilion hued pen, “You are in love my dear friend” he smiled.

“ Who is the lucky Elleth?”.

Castlyn said nothing. He just smiled.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2006 10:04
The Royal couple retired early that night. Prince Elfwine bowed low as Morwenna proceeded mutely onto the dais and was ushered away by her mother, a tall golden creature sweeping grandly past each and every eye with a benign little smile. A false mask of decadence; a wistful facade of joy. For what peace was there then in the midden of her family's fractured disillusion? What hope?

" Sit" Ceinwyn ordered her daughter without preamble, snapping the shutters tight over the windows whilst Eldarion, grave but curious, stood some feet from his wife's side. It felt almost forgien now. Abnormal to have her presence, so fierce, at his shoulders once more; and even more so now it was without warmth. Without gratitude.

" You are unhappy child...you should have sent for me" the woman noted, reasonably enough. Morwenna merely shrugged, a careless gesture of bleak disaffection. The Queen's rigid posture eased slightly as she emitted a husky little sigh, eyes earnest now. Gently - ever so gently - she urged the Princess closer.

" Hush now my dearest. I am home". Morwenna sobbed then. Reckless, wild and desperate with a pain almost eternal. She could not see then how it could ever reasonably ease; how it could heal. But Ceinwyn, if nothing else, seemed to gauge Morwenna's loneliness, even understand it. Fate was inextorable. As Ceinwyn's aloof majesty mellowed - as empathy succommed to the girl's hopeless tears - Eldarion saw then the woman he'd fallen in love with. Deeply, very deeply, something stirred within his gut; a forgotten warmth; even longing.

" All the world is dead mother" Morwenna choked coarsely only to be responded with Ceinwyn's resolute shake of the head.

" No - it is not so. Elfwine is not Halyn - yes I know who he is - but he is a good man and will become a sturdy friend. You must believe this daughter" Ceinwyn urged, steady pride fierce within her voice. Its intensity was austere, the finality behind its warmth blazing. Eldarion savoured the Queen's ready zeal for a moment before he faltered having caught the fluctuation in its heat when her eyes darted briefly over his face. No. With one inner curse of bitterness the King noted that Ceinwyn, by nature, was not so easily appeased. She was after all, a woman of Soarian blood; and not futile by any standards.

[Edited on 7/5/2006 by Etaina]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2006 11:35
Gwenneth had finished her supper and gotten dressed, and still waited for Eldarion. She was growing impatient. She knew of course, that he was with his wife, and a cold fire burned in her gut at that thought. She looked to the stacks of papers and parchments she had sorted through and organized and with a sigh, scooped them up.

She slipped quietly back to the King's study. There was no sign of him within, and still the sounds of gaiety rang out from dancers and musicians, and Gwenneth sighed and placed the papers in neat stacks on the polished hardwood of the King's desk.

Gwenneth was disenheartened by the fact that he had broken his promise to her. Granted, his wife, the Queen, had returned, but had she also not stayed away for some time? Could he not see that Gwenneth cared more for Gondor that that arrogant snip he had married, that so-called Jewel of Soar? She sighed and returned to her room, lying down on her bed and staring out the open curtains at the moon above the garden.

She didn't hear the door open, but knew when Castlyn came up behind her. He lay on the bed, stroking her hair and whispering softly, "Gwenneth, do not feel such sorrow."

"My King lied to me. He broke a promise to me. He swore he would come to me this night, as we have much to discuss, and yet as soon as that ungrateful creature he married returns to Gondor, he forgets entirely about the promise he made to me."

"It cannot be as bad as that. Perhaps he is waiting until morning, thinking you are resting."

"I need him here with me before morning, Castlyn. Before Glyndr arrives and ruins everything!" She began to sob, and Castlyn wrapped his arms around her, rolling her over and letting him sob into his chest.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2006 01:00
I am writing here , because the OOC is lost LOL

Etaina, My comp needs repair, and I am going on holiday while it is bieng fixed.

I don't want to go, but I have no choice.

I have asked Iell to Elf sit my Elves while I am away...she knows them, and me better than we know ourselves.

will miss you very much.
See you next Friday or Saturday.

Lotsaluv flyn and glyn and Castlyn and Felyon :love:
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2006 07:59
OOC I know I am not supposed to post twice in succession, but the last one was not really a proper post???

“Another bottle of white” ,Glyndr gripped one of the serving girls by the wrist as she passed his secluded table in the far reaches of the bar.

“Yes, my Lord”, the girl looked uncomfortable, his grip had almost broken her wrist. “Right away my lord”.

Glyndr watched her rounded figure move voluptuously as she walked towards the bar.
He smiled to himself , the Captain always appreciated the female form, he found it pleasing.
And her form, he found particularly pleasing.

“ Wench”. He gripped her wrist again as she set the bottle before him, “Stay , keep me company” he growled huskily as he pulled her down to sit beside him.

“But , my Lord ..I .. I mean my job ..I will lose my job if I am seen doing nothing” the girl said almost in tears. She was afraid of losing her much-needed job, but she was more afraid, yet dangerously attracted to Glyndr.

“You are doing your job”, Glyndr said as he poured a glass of wine for her, “ you are serving your customers in all their needs, and I need your company.”

The dark haired Ellon smiled his wicked smile, “ Don’t worry, just drink with me, keep me company tonight, you won’t regret it, I can promise you that”.

Glyndr sat back with his own glass, “ Well Anorwen”, he thought , “ Travel with us if you must. I know who and what you are, Say what you like, tell me things I do not want to hear, but do not fool yourself into thinking that you will ever separate my Gwenneth from me. NEVER”.

“Gwenneth” Castlyn held her closer,he kissed the top of her head softly, “The King would never lie to you, he is one of the most honest ,caring people that I have met”.
The ellon smiled , and stroked the tears from her face with gentle fingertips, “ Come Gwenneth, have faith in that unbreakable friendship”.

Castlyn stood slowly, then leant to kiss her again, “ Gwenneth, I shall go to find him, I am sure he would not refuse you a few minutes of his time, Prince Elfwine or not”.

With one last smile , Castlyn left to find Eldarion.
“You!”, he called to a young servant, “Come here”.

“Yes, my Lord?” the lad ran to Castlyn, “What service may I do for you?”
“Take this to King Eldarion”, Castlyn handed the lad a hastily scribbled note.
“It is for his eyes only , do you understand?” Castlyn pressed a silver coin into the lad’s hand. It read that Castlyn required to speak to the King on behalf of Lady Gwenneth, and where to meet him.
Castlyn had been careful with the wording, just in case the note should fall into the wrong hands.
He did not want Gwenneth implicated in any way.

“Yes my Lord, I understand perfectly” The lad bowed, and ran away swiftly.

Castlyn went back to Gwenneth’s room. “ Gwenneth, we await the King”.

Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2006 10:42
Morwenna's bleak ambiance softened little as she drew back. Ceinwyn, unmoved and stern now as she strode briskly over towards the window, seemed, if possible, more detatched and certainly more aloof then when she'd first arrived as a stony, indignant forgien Princess. Eldarion's words dissolved as they attempted to form. Instead an incoherant rush of adulation, despair, confusion and utter joy seemed to merge in one hurried sigh. His Queen had returned; but to what?

" Ceinwyn - I barely know what to say" he managed to stutter quietly, dark eyes earnest as they held fast to her golden tousled head.

" Then do not speak". The Queen ventured one hard, side-long stare before turning, face defiant until the King, lunging quite swiftly between her and the door, resisted the urge to stroke her cheek, to taste her smiles. When of course she wore them.

" What has happened to us? Come you are home and Gondor's confidance looks set to be restored! We should be happy" Eldarion insisted eagerly though his wife merely scoffed, pulled back and became the fiery creature of habit.

" Your memory is dismal of late husband! I will not be subject to your whims of mood! Not again! You decice now, to honour me, to agknowledge me! A few months ago you could barely look at your wife - your Queen!" Ceinwyn retorted steely, eyes infused with the same wild fever as her daughters. She was a woman now, insecure in a marriage. Not a royal; but a lover. The King blanched for a moment before nodding, sombre and temperate as his features became doused with grief.

" I was a fool. A great one yes...I can only offer my apologies and insist - most ardently - that you are my one love". Eldarion's insistance was consuming. He felt it stir deep within his bowels, splutter madly inside his chest. Yes; he had forgotten those explosions, implusive fireworks only a Queen could command. But to see Ceinwyn then, so repulsed by his previous malcontent, shattered Eldarion's resolve to the core.

" You drove me from my throne husband" Ceinwyn noted, unnervingly quiet now as she stepped backwards. Morwenna watched the fluctuant dynamics with budding unease. Gently - ever so gently - the young Princess recoiled back, almost clashed with a servant and frowned as he sleekly side-stepped her and handed the King a discreet slip of paper. Eldarion glanced at its hasty scrawl briefly before with one heartfelt but ever so slightly hopeless glance back at his wife, the King left offering nothing more then a beleagured frown. He would win Ceinwyn back. He must.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2006 09:54
Gwenneth had wrapped herself in a robe, and settled herself outside on her balcony. She had not wanted Castlyn to send the letter to Eldarion, but she could not stop him from doing so.

So now she sat under the wide sky, overlooking the garden and sighed. She knew of Eldarion's unhappiness. She wanted to take him into her arms and soothe the worries from his mind, but there was a difficulty in that, and that was that he might misunderstand. Yes, she loved him, more than anyone or anything, and yes she would rather kill or die herself than be separated from him, but if his desires held true to only Ceinwyn, then she would have to remain silent about that and be merely a friend. In as much as they were the best of friends, it would be thought improper for her to ease his mind by taking him into her arms. Not that it mattered. Gwenneth had done improper things in the past, and managed somehow to get away with them.

Gwenneth had no idea what Castlyn planned to say to Eldarion, but she sat there on the balcony, alone, stoic, resolved to never leave him again.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2006 07:35
Glyndr lay back, staring at the flickering firelight on the ceiling of his room.
He was still restless, the presence of Anorwen worried him, and the anticipation of seeing Cienwyn again excited him. Both kept him from sleep.

The Captain glanced at the sleeping form beside him, both he and she entangled in the sheets.
She was not the one who he wanted there beside him. She was just another serving wench that he used as a plaything. She was not his Gwenneth.

Glyndr disentangled himself from the sheets, and then wrapping one around him he went to the window.
He looked out to the brightening horizon it would soon be dawn.
Soon he , and his sons would be back in Gondor.

Glyndr hated the thought, “Gwyndr and Halyn should be at home in our lands” he thought bitterly, “Not in Gondor, not serving a King who has no time for them, or how they feel”.

The Captain sighed, “Gwenneth, my Gwenneth, I bring our sons to you in that devilish city because you ask it of me…and for no other reason”.

Castlyn waited at the top of the stairway, close to Gwenneth’s room.
The elf hoped that the King had received his note, and that he would not ignore the fact that Gwenneth wished to speak with him.

Castlyn sighed, so many thoughts running through his head.
Would the King come to see Gwenneth?

What wicked mischief and mayhem would his brother Glyndr create when he returned?

What would become of Glyndr’s and Gwenneth’s sons here in Gondor?

And…what chance would he, Castlyn, Glyndr’s brother, ever have of having Gwenneth as his own love.. or dare he think it….His wife?

Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2006 04:30
* pardon about the slight delay folks: had alittle relapse health wise ( again darn it!) *

Eldarion pryed Gwenneth's door open before emitting a taunt little sigh, chiselled features doused by the dull echo of Ceinwyn's blatant rebuke. He had expected it - of course, but the Queen's coarseness had stunned him. Her passion; the enimity was almost withering.

" Forgive my lateness dear friend. I was - waylaid" Eldarion offered rather quietly, dark eyes cast low as he skirted the fringes of her bed. Perching on the end and straining forwards to cup her silky palm in his, the King had never seemed more humane. Or less sure...of anything.

" She hates me Gwenneth. My own wife cannot bare to look me in the eye with any fondness such as we used too. And I am at fault - I must be at fault" Eldarion agknowledged humbly, the confident majesty dissolved now by a miriam of elation, despair and hopelessness. Joy that Gwenneth was recovered, that his wife had returned - that Morwenna was poised to fufil her destiny. But utter abandonment that it was all false, or at least the latter parts. That his family existed now for decorum, that thier smiles, so decadently golden, were false, coaxed by the rigid bounds of duty. Could they come back from this? Would they come back from this?

Morwenna spent that evening in perfect solitude. It all seemed so clear then, in the waning dim of loneliness. Everything was so sharp; but sourly so. Though her sight saw nothing but a lost dream - though her heart felt nought but stark rebuff, the Princess could note a friend in Elfwine. He was no shrew and certainly not innately unkind. Alittle rough - even wild in comparison to Gondorian charm, the Prince was a stoic defender of his people, thier faith, and the rugged beauty of a land shrouded in errie magic. And no woman - not even a Princess as defiant and unwilling as Morwenna, could ever be wholey immune to that.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2006 09:24
*Poor Etaina! Glad you are back with us now love, and hope you are feeling better!*

Gwenneth smiled as Eldarion took her hand in his. "My dear friend, how can I make things better for you? You suffer so, just as you always have. Ceinwyn has no call to be angry with you." She moved to sit beside him, and gently extricated her hand from his, so she could do what she had been thinking of earlier. She wrapped her arms around him and embraced him in the warmth of a hug. She whispered softly, "I am always here for you, Eldarion. Always, for anything you need, I am here."

She brushed her lips against his cheek and then sat back from him, wiping a tear from her eye. "Eldarion, I need to ask you a favor. This is imperative to my full recovery, and Castlyn will even tell you so."

Gwenneth slipped her hand into the King's and said, "I know you know all about the history of Glyndr and myself. I know you know about the violence, the possessiveness, Glyndr's constant womanizing." She sighed heavily. "There is much more that you do not know of, and should not know, but both Castlyn and I believed that after we left here and I gave birth to the twins, after I died even," her voice choked up and she had to control a sob, "And Castlyn brought me back, we thought Glyndr would change. He has not. His womanizing has continued, and his love for me is now solely a possessiveness of ownership. He looks at me as a possession, not something to love, but to keep out of the hands of someone who [i]would
truly love it." She looked at Eldarion with pleading eyes. "I am asking that he be separated from me, that he not be allowed inside the palace until I am strong enough to deal with him. As my King, you can grant this wish, I know you can. Please, Eldarion, I need to have him housed with his men, not living with me. I will not have a moment's peace if he is here with me, and neither shall you. He hates you, because he knows we are close, and he has never been able to break that bond." She placed her hands on either side of his face and stared into his eyes. "Please, Eldarion. Grant me this. My health depends on it. He will be here in the morning with my sons. They are both up for promotions and they will serve Gondor's army faithfully."[/i]

[Edited on 26/5/2006 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2006 08:05
OOC Etaina… so sorry you were not well, and welcome back!
I can’t write much for Glyndr yet until the next day. Wanted to write something for the thread, so wrote for Castlyn.

“Castlyn”, Felyon’s soft voice spoke at his shoulder, “Castlyn I sense all is not well with you, You pine for a lost love I feel?” The elf’s words a question more than a statement.

Castlyn turned from the window, his eyes still held the distance and darkness he had been staring into.
“Felyon”, Castlyn faced the pale Elf, “ You see too much my friend”, he paused , and took a deep breath before continuing, “No, not a lost love merely one that is unattainable , beyond my reach”.

The dark haired Elf stared at Gwenneth’s door as he stepped back from the window.
Castlyn had loved Gwenneth from the first day Glyndr had introduced her to him.
Not one to believe in love at first sight. Castlyn was proved wrong. He loved Gwenneth then, and always would.

Castlyn stared harder at the wood, as if trying to see what was happening behind the door.
He had not known what jealousy was until he saw Eldarion enter her room.
Unlike his twin, Castlyn would not let that jealousy make him bitter.

“Felyon” Castlyn tore his gaze away from the door and looked at the artist, concern now in his eyes. “Felyon, Glyndr will be in Gondor by midday, We must speak of his return. He will cause such unrest in this city . I know my brother”.

“Indeed,” Felyon said thoughtfully, “He will seek out the Queen, and he will find her, neither you nor I will have the power to stop him. I fear the consequences”.

“The Queen is well able to deal with Glyndr, yet he is stubborn, and will do anything to get his own way, he always does. Felyon, he will get to speak with her”.
Castlyn ran his hand through his hair. Never had he wished the morning not to come as much as he did now.

“Come then , we shall speak of plans” Felyon turned towards his rooms. “We must at least try to prevent what we both fear will happen”.

Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2006 09:54
* cheers mon folks ) time will tell *

Eldarion's empathy was not untouched by Gwenneth's plight. It stirred the embers of warmth into earnest. Gently - ever so sweetly - he ventured a palm to rest briefly upon her own. " It is done. As soon as his presence is made known to me I shall see he is housed with his men - and it will be known to be on my request. I know if he thinks you played any part in the removal it would cause more upset. And that" the King added with prompt majesty " is something I will not allow. Not to you - never to you".

Morning offered little respite to the sombre chill dousing Ceinwyn's mood. Removed from prying eyes and vicious tongues, the woman's irritable temper simmered, close, so close to Ceinwyn's queenly exterior. But it was there - and boiling, vehemently so. Gowned in powder rose and with her hair loose, the Queen crept daintly out from her privy chamber and evaded the jovial bustle of palace etiquette. Instead she coasted out into the private gardens set high upon a ridge cut into the lowest tier and, proud against the meagre sky, looked down onto the courtyard. Only elvish eyes could have seen her then, shrouded from view by foliage and the lingering dregs of dawn. But the sadness etched behind her eyes was peircing. " Why must women be charged with heartache" Ceinwyn whispered aloud, smiling bitterly at the reminiscent curse of her grandmother. Then, blessed with the ignorance of youth, she'd chaffed at such dreary nonsence. But duty weaved wisdom and wisdom coaxed memories. Fool no more, Ceinwyn noted. Fool no more.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2006 11:13
Gwenneth orose early that morning, and had already bathed by the time breakfast was announced. She woke Castlyn from his slumbering and then went to the dining hall for breakfast. She sat in her old place, to the left of the King's chair, and several of the kitchen staff stopped by with special items that they had revived for the menu since her return.

She had unbraided her hair, and left it flowing in its soft waves and curls down her back and over her shoulders. She had worn a pale blue silk gown that accentuated not only the color of her eyes, but her curves as well, earning her glances from palace guards and male servants alike. Gwenneth had not lost one ounce of her beauty over the years, and she knew it well.

She began to eat, waiting anxiously for Eldarion to come to breakfast so they could begin their day of work.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2006 11:29
* Ta for your patience and sorry for taking so long ....didn't know it was my turn to post lol!*

Ceinwyn spent an age scrying the meagre clouds for some ounce of revelation, some brief glitch that was then, would not be forever. The Valar though, had deserted her sights that morning. Cruelly so. " So it begins - the end" she almost whispered, head dropping for a moment before it rose, soft blue eyes raw now with the pulsing throb of loneliness. A Queen berift of her lover yet still, strangely, stoic. She would not wither or wilt before her people - she would not move back from duty. Ceinwyn was still a Princess of the land famed and revered for its dogged faith in human courage. And as such she would continue. Indeed....she had too. Even as such thoughts spun thier web intricatly about the woman's consciousness, the trumpets whittered shrilly through the mornning. Someone was approaching the White City and, as Ceinwyn's eyes darted down to the group of riders ambling up the stone courtyard, she saw with relative calm that it was Glyndr. The Elf Lord and bane of all Gondor's angst....

Eldarion strode briskly into Gwenneth's study, smile kind and infinetly earnest as he lowered himself in the seat opposite." And how does the fairest elleth in Gondor this morning?" he piqued amiably, eyes alight with thier usual, if dimmed, glint of wolfish humour. The nights solace had weaved some new, some benign desire in his will that, however much his wife was determined against him now, it would not be as such for long. No. Eldarion would woo his love once more; he was sure of it. He had to be. " We have much to do! The ball - struth, we have not had one in my halls for an age! - must be budgeted for this night. To formally welcome Prince Elfwine and announce his impending marriage" the King decreed, clapping his strong palms brusquely. " And it must be bold - full of vigour! I want people to have thier fears hushed" he mused passionatly, smile warming to Gwenneth's face. " I want to see you smile again Gwenneth, and without fear". Honestly said and with a peculiar tingle of gentleness, Eldarion extending his ringed hand. " Trust me Gwenneth"

[Edited on 11/6/2006 by Etaina]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2006 06:25
"Being the fairest elleth in all of Gondor is hardly a feat, seeing as how there are so few of us here, Eldarion," Gwenneth chirped. She reached for his outstretched hand, and laced her fingers into it. "Ah, yes, the ball. A grand affair it shall be, Eldarion. Dare I say, perhaps grander than the one for you and your wife?" Only those with the sharpest of ears would have caught that subtle change in tone that came along with the mention of the Queen.

It was not that Gwenneth wanted to hate her. She would have much rather have been friends, but Ceinwyn had never shown her the trust and faith that true friends must show one another. Rather, the Queen had given that friendship to Glyndr, knowing that he wanted her. Gwenneth was positive the Queen was aware of his feelings for her. One would have to be blind, deaf, and dumb to not have noticed.

As Gwenneth looked now upon the face of Eldarion, she smiled softly and said, "Eldarion, I..." She paused for a moment as the faint sound of trumpets rang through the air. She shuddered and knew Glyndr had arrived. But with him was her sons and another presence...a strong presence of home and warmth and strength...her sister Anorwen!

Gwenneth smiled again and said, "I hope you remember your promise to me, Eldarion. It seems that Glyndr has arrived, along with my sons and my sister. The latter three are welcome near me. Glyndr is not." She squeezed his hand and then hugged him. "Thank you for doing this for me, my dear friend," she whispered in his ear. "You have no idea how much this means to me." She hugged him again and then said in her normal voice, "Should we postpone the plans, or should we continue on with our work?"

[Edited on 12/6/2006 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2006 08:39
The journey back to Gondor had been spent in silence on Glyndr’s part.
The ellon becoming more morose, and evil tempered by the mile.
He spoke little, and then only to snap monosyllabic answers.

Anorwen’s presence unnerved him. He did not want her influencing Gwenneth , or the twins.

As they entered the White City, some instinct made Glyndr look up.
He smiled, and pushed his hair back over his still bejewelled pointed ears.

She was there.

Cienwyn.

The Queen had returned home to her Realm.

“Welcome home my Queen”, he purred under his breath, “You and I have much to speak of, A friendship to renew”.

The Elf Lord continued to watch her, with intense ice blue eyes, “A ride out to the forest perhaps?” he thought.

Glyndr would seek out his Queen as soon as he could.

Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2006 12:56
Imrahil eyed Glyndr with dogged mistrust, though the smile which doused the young Prince's lips was slow, cold and infinetly foreboding. Flanked by a herd of burly senteniels, Imrahil offered the elf lord a half-hearted bow before his eyes skipped briefly to the two sons - and an elleth.

" The ellons not to be housed in the Royal residence - only Anorwen, if that be your name Lady, is permitted access. Rooms have been made available at the Sparrow Hawk tavern - don't worry" he piqued drly " their of the finest quality. You do not enter the palace without consent or request. By word of the King". Imrahil's brusque delivery servd its purpose well enough; whether Glyndr knew it was actually Gwenneth's request was, he wagered, another matter. And a tempestuous one at that. Several bystanders watched the exchange with a sort of limp gluttony, eager to see the fluctuent sparks of pride bouncing so violently between the pair. But Imrhail would not be goaded. Bowing stiffly and striding back up the marbled steps back into the palace, the guards began ushering the new arrivals outward. Goodbye - Imrhail mused - and good ridance.

Eldarion's ambiance mellowed gently as Gwenneth drew closer. She understood him, yes. Sometimes, he noted with an inner sigh, it were as if she traced his very thread of thought. Curious, and cetrainly strange, it was with earnest warmth that he gripped her palm, brought it to his lips and emitted the smallest of chuckles. " It is done, just as I promised. Have peace Gwenneth" he whispered softly before shuffling the papers set before her aside and matching her smile with a wolfish grin. " Today is not a day for work dear friend! My daughter will become a Queen" though the mention of Morwenna ignited a fresh surge of guilt. Of course: they had not spoke since that turbulent, terrible night. Not properly. " I will create a ball to rival anything; the Valar knows, she deserves it Gwenneth. Though she is determined to hate me"

Elfwine marched briskly along the parapets, spirit restless as it yearned for the wilds of Rohan, the sheer breadth of the Rohirric plains. How,he mused, could any creature be housed in stone and not feel like thier very soul was withering? Gondor's solem charm did little to engage the youth. Impressive, yes, and certainly respected, but inspiring...perhaps not. He paused, briefly then, as a slight ripple of voices travelled up from the main gates. Three elves - and an elleth? Only mildly interested, Elfwine watched with puzzlement Imrahil's aloof rebuke; evidently a man of will, Gondor's succession was sealed in his strength. The lilting chill of foreboding piqued once more. The same chill he'd noted which bridged the Gondorian Royal Family, since his first arrival. But its course, no-one would know. Indeed, with a history as illustrious as theirs, no-one save Gwenneth and Glyndr, really could.

[Edited on 16/6/2006 by Etaina]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2006 02:12
Halyn and Gwyndr were shocked and surprised by the news. Glyndr, on the other hand, was absolutely furious. His sons had to restrain him, one grabbing each arm to prevent him from following the son of Gondor up the stairs.

Anorwen smiled a knowing little smile. She knew exactly whose doing this was, and although the order was given by the king, it had most certainly not been his idea. She knew her sister, and knew her sister had grown tired of the games and lies that came along with being the wife of Captain Glyndr. Anorwen called to the twins that she would come see them later that night, as she was escorted through the doors. She smiled graciously at the guards, and then turned to Imrahil.
She curtseyed low to the floor, eyes lowered respectfully, as she said quietly, "You must be the Crown Prince of Gondor. I am Anorwen Malthentinu, sister to your father's scribe, and faithful servant of Gondor. I am quite pleased to make your acquaintance, my Lord Prince."

The twins finally got their father settled in his room at the inn, with several bottles of wine, and they had locked both his window and his door, each one taking a different key.

Gwyndr looked at halyn and said, "It is because of Morwenna, isn't it? The reason we cannot enter the palace?"

"Probably." Halyn shrugged. "She will marry the King of Rohan and so become a queen, much more than I could ever give her."

"You gave her your heart, my brother. That is something she will always remember."

Halyn snapped, "Well, a heart doesn't mean much in Gondor, now does it? If it did, perhaps we would be the heirs to the throne of Gondor. Naneth has loved the King for so long, and because of duty, he has never even looked at her."

Halyn began to weep, and Gwyndr hugged his brother to him, trying to soothe away Halyn's pain with his words.

Gwenneth shook her head at Eldarion. "She will not hate you forever. I know things are difficult now between you and your daughter, but trust me on this, Eldarion. That is not to say that she will not always care for Halyn," her voice broke at her mention of her eldest son, "but eventually he too will have no choice but to move on and marry someone suited to him."

She looked up at Eldarion and smiled a bittersweet smile. "It seems funny that I should be helping you plan this, when I cannot even attend. I am pretty sure that Ceinwyn will be none too pleased when she discovers Glyndr has been banned from the palace, and she will probably invite him, because they are such close friends. I cannot be there if he is. The thought of watching him stare at your wife and wish she was his turns my stomach." She shrugged. "My sister Anorwen will attend, of course, in my stead, and Castlyn may, as well. Besides, your son would not like to see me there either, and since the only one there I would want to dance with is you, and you will undoubtedly be occupied with your daughter and wife, and being a good host, you would not have time to dance with me."

elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2006 03:35
Glyndr was still angry .
Furious at Imrahil, furious at bieng banished to this god forsaken Inn , and furious that his two sons had locked him, a prisoner in this room.

He had already drunk one bottle of wine, and now poured the first glass of the second.
“If Halyn and Gwyndr had not stopped me, I would have silenced that insolent rat Imrahil , and forced my way into the palace damn sentinels or not!” the Captain snarled.

“They cannot keep me from Gwenneth, they cannot keep me from my wife!” Glyndr hurled the glass into the fire. The flames burning higher with a hiss.

Glyndr stood, and walked towards the window, he tossed his long hair back in a gesture of defiance as he looked out of the window.
“They cannot keep me a prisoner here,” he said, his voice now cold and calm.

The Captain leapt onto the window ledge, and looked down at the cobbles below, as if judging the distance.

“If Halyn or Gwyndr does not unlock the door and window before long”, Glyndr leapt back down from the ledge , and back to the bottle of wine.

He took a drink from the bottle then looked back at the window. “Then I shall find my own way out. I want answers, and I shall have them”..

OOC Thank you Iell for writing for Glyndy while I was away *hugs!*:love:

[Edited on 17/6/2006 by elflyn]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2006 08:34
Eldarion frowned alittle as Gwenneth's soft voice echoed gently about the high, marble domed ceiling.

" You place little faith in my son and wife- indeed, I am sure they hold you in the highest regard" he insisted earnestly enough, though Eldarion's curisoity was undoubtedly piqued.Imrahil? What cause could he have to wish ill on the elleth? Patting Gwennet's wrist lovingly, the King shook his head.

" Glyndr is not welcome in my hall - and certainly not on the eve of Morwenna's celebrations. You and your sister shall make merry as honoured guests - who of course, are obliged to dance with thier host" Eldarion stipulated wolfishly, eyes twinkling for a moment until, turning begrudgingly at a sharp rattle at the door, he rose as Lord Herding shuffled boorishly over the thresehold. Cumbersome, haggard and infinetly sly, the middle-aged fool was somewhat of an oaf: but a clever one, and cunning at that. Married to the Lady Edith, how indeed, could he be anything else?

" Lord King" he drawled insipidly, pale grey eyes bland. " It is with great joy that I announce the arrival of my wife, Edith along with our two children, Dai, barely six months and a lad and Olwen, our eldest daughter. She is a year younger then Morwenna I believe" he noted with something close to asperity. The families jealousy of Morwenna and Ceinwyn was renowned. And to the Princess especially, they wished no cheer; none at all. Eldarion donned an animated little smile, knowing perhaps and certainly guarded as he exchanged a fleeting wink with Gwenneth. She of course, would follow his thoughts; as always.

" I am overjoyed at the news. And I am sure the Queen will be very happy also. Thank you Lord Herding - I shall speak to you in greater depth at the ball tonight but alas, much work is to be done!" Eldarion feigned wistfully, cuffing his hands together with brusque efficency.

" Lady Gwenneth - perhaps you would accompany me to the Great Hall? I would like to see how the decorations come along - a panethon of green, silver and and gold I decreed...I wonder, if as ever, they have alluded it?" he chortled amiably, passing a brooding and slightly put out Lord Herding without so much as a word.

Prince Imrahil baulked slightly at the nimble elleth courtseying so prettily before him. Still doused by the ebbing dregs of irritability, the young man scrambled his wits into motion.

" Of course you are - you look like her very much" he noted politely enough, allowing his mood to soften for a moment. " I am sure you are eager to see her...she is most possibly with my father. Ask for him, and you find your sister". Careful to
maintain a poise of strictest courtesy, Imrahil parted from Anorwen with a perfect bow, dark, dark eyes veiled as they drifted back towards the palace. Another Malthentinu he mused curiously....another drop in the ocean?

Princess Morwenna sighed wearily as the seamstress tugged briskly at the waist of her as yet, unfinished gown. " Hold still! It won't be finished otherwise and there you'll be, a right pretty thing, in a meagre dress!" Martha cursed waspishly, but with warmth and a desire to create the very best of dresses for the very dearest of her matriarchs. Carefully, ever so carefully, she threaded the needle into alittle gape at Morwenna's tiny waist, paunchy face intent.

" It will be beautiful" Morwenna voiced quietly, though it was clear her thoughts roamed far, so tangibly far then from the trivial ribbons of a gown. Martha stopped then, setting the needle down at her feet and, ushering the young woman of onto a stool, she fixed Morwenna with the most unwavering of stares.

" Now listen here Mistress. I've known you since were a wee lass, yay high!" she motioned with a pert little hand gesture at her knee. " And I've never seen you so downcast...your going to be married - and a Queen" Martha urged zealously, frowning as her glasses balanced on the end of her hawked, very large nose. " Your Prince, the young Lord Elfwine...he's a fine man, if ever I saw one. Good and honest as they come - strong too! You'll make a fine match...just like your parents". At this Morwenna emitted a bitter little laugh, shook her head and lifted her eyes ever so slowly to meet Martha's avid stare.

" They do not speak anymore. I think love has left them-"

"No!" Martha tutted testily, rolling her eyes and flopping a chubbly palm through the air. " No, that's just couples having fights, disagreeing...it happens, even to people blessed as your ma and pa. Don't you give up hope young lass!" Martha decreed stonily, prodded a finger towards Morwenna's heart. For a moment Morwenna simply frowned, lost in the shrouds of unease and then, with one wearied shrug, she stepped back onto the stage, controlled and dutiful once more.

" You are right of course. They are all right."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2006 09:28
Gwenneth did, in fact, take up Eldarion's arm and allow him to escort her past Lord Herding, and to the Great hall without much more than a withering glance in the Lord's direction. Upon their arrival in the Great hall, however, Gwenneth steered Eldarion off to the side and said softly, "Eldarion, I know you feel you know what is best. However, as I have said, your wife prefers my husband's company to mine, and your son outright despises me, quite possibly thinking that I am the reason for the tumultuous relationship between you and Ceinwyn. I do not wish to endure glares and subtle dislike, as I am sure neither would be vocal about their feelings toward me. Besides that, considering that my son is back in Gondor, and how he and Morwenna have spoken about their feelings for each other, I think it only prudent that I remain away from the ball. The only way that I shall attend is if you require of me, and give me no choice in the matter, in which case, I will attend, however, it will be under protest."

Before another word could come from Gwenneth, a soft, melodic voice came from the doorway to the Great Hall. "So this is how my sister spends her days in Gondor, in posh opulence and in the company of handsome men."

At Gwenneth's cry of surprise and pleasure, Anorwen broke into a dazzling smile. She adored her older sister, and had longed for a chane for the two of them to be able to be together more often. As they embraced in the Great Hall of Gondor, both knew that time had come.

"Anorwen! It has been an age! You are more radiant than ever. How pleased I am that you have come." Gwenneth tucked her arm around Anorwen, and led her to Eldarion. "Anorwen, this is..."

"King Eldarion." Anorwen swept into another low curtsey, and offered her hand. "It is a great pleasure to meet you." As she rose, and looked at Eldarion full in the face, she said, "I had the pleasure of meeting your son as well, not but a few minutes before." She looked at Gwenneth quizzically. "He seemed...well, I may have misinterpreted this, but...he seemed less than pleased to meet me. Have I already done something wrong, or have I come at a horribly bad time? Or is it just that he does not like me, for some reason? I didn't think I had made a bad impression, Gwenneth, save for arriving with my nephews and that wretch of a husband of yours." She bit her lip, and cast her eyes to the floor.

"Shh, Anorwen, I am sure it wasn't you. I fear it is..." Gwenneth glanced at Eldarion and smiled, excusing herself and her sister from the room, and escorting Anorwen into the hallway. "I fear it is because Imrahil hates me, and you being my sister, automatically makes him desire to hate you too. He believes me to be the cause of strife between his parents."

Anorwen shook her head. "You would never..."

Gwenneth shook her head. "All I have ever tried to do is be a good friend, the best friend I can, to Eldarion. But there are those that know that my love for him goes deeper than that, and so they hate me." Her eyes welled with tears. "How I wish I could go back to the day that Eldarion found me, and I could die in his arms, rather than fighting to live. Then perhaps everyone would not be so miserable."

Anorwen embraced her sister, and then said, whisper-soft, "Go back to Eldarion, and do your job. I will get settled in my room, and perhaps we can talk later."

Gwenneth nodded, and as Anorwen set off to locate her rooms, Gwenneth returned to Eldarion, wiping the last of the tears from her face.

Anorwen was directed to her rooms, and once she got unpacked, she decided to do some exploring. She changed out of her travelling velvet, and into a softer gown of a lightweight muslin, trimmed in lace. It fit her body well, and when she let her hair down so that her long blond curls fell over her shoulders and tumbled down her back, she was a picture of unsurpassing beauty.

Anorwen ventured out of her room, and set about meandering the halls, getting a fuller picture of the place her sister loved beyond all others. She admired the rich tapestries and paintings that hung from the walls, and marvelled at the polished marble floors.

She was much younger than Gwenneth, having been born shortly after Gwenneth had turned 750 years, and so she still had an innocent quality to herself. She had never known the world of Men, except from the pages of books, and the occasional wanderer near her family's home. She had also never known love, but knew it was a powerful emotion, and she knew that something had stirred within her when she had looked upon the son of Eldarion.

She sighed, knowing it was futile to even consider. She, like her sister, was not royalty, and one such as Imrahil could never desire her. He was probably already promised to someone, anyway, and as a woman of honor, she would not allow herself to be a disgrace by acknowledging her feelings.

It had hurt her deeply, however, to hear that Imrahil hated her sister, and to have him treat her with such cold disdain simply for being Gwenneth's sister. Tears welled in her eyes, and she stood, staring for a long time at the picture of Prince Imrahil that hung in the hall, and wept.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 08:21
Taking a drink from the second bottle of wine, Glyndr cursed as he glared at the door.
It had been some while now, and neither Halyn nor Gwyndr had come to free him from this prison of a room.
The Captain’s non-existent patience grew thin.

Draining the last of the wine from the bottle, Glyndr cursed again, as the bottle was hurled, joining the glass in the fire.

“I will not be imprisoned here”, he growled, “nor shall I be banished from court like some common felon”.

The raven-haired elf moved towards the window, “ No one shall keep me from seeing Gwenneth, my wife, especially not that insolent brat Imrahil”.

Glyndr leapt onto the window ledge with the power of a leopard.

He kicked hard at the fastening, and smashed the glass with one powerful thrust of his fist, the glass shattering in a fountain of rainbow shards, the window latch smashed beyond recognition.

“ Now we shall see who dares to keep me from my wife” Glyndr leapt with his usual agility onto the branch of a nearby tree, then from the branch to another, before leaping to the ground.

The Captain glanced back once at the Inn to make sure that he was not being followed, then moved swiftly, and silently back towards the palace.

Having rooms at the palace, Glyndr was very familiar with the layout of the beautiful building.
He made his way secretly to the back of the palace, to the well-hidden servants entrance. “No sentinel will stop me entering here” , he snarled under his breath, “And no lowly servant would dare challenge the Captain of the guard” .

Moving effortlessly up and around stone stairs and corridors, Glyndr made his way ever upwards towards the higher chambers. Towards Gwenneth, and towards Ceinwyn.

“Castlyn!” Felyon ran panic stricken towards Glyndr’s twin, “Castlyn he is here! I have seen him, Oh, do come quickly, Oh, what disasters will now befall us!”
The distraught, pale elf put this head in his hands, “ Castlyn we must stop him..before the celebration . We just must!”.

“Felyon, Felyon, calm yourself”, Castlyn frowned , and placed his hand on Felyon’s shoulder, “Who is here? What disasters?” he asked, a cold fear griping his heart as he knew exactly of whom Felyon spoke.

“Glyndr”, Felyon wailed as he looked at Castlyn with anxious green eyes, “I have just seen him in the west corridor…he seeks Gwenneth, and no doubt our Queen, We must stop him”.

“Come with me”, Castlyn set off at a fast pace towards the west corridor, Felyon following close behind.

They met Glyndr as he was about to climb the last flight of steps into the heart of the palace.
“ Hello my brother”, Castlyn moved to block his twin’s path, “ You should not be here, go back, before you do something that could cause chaos, and disaster in the house of Eldarion” .

Castlyn stood firm. Felyon trembling at his side. “ Please Glyndr, listen to Castlyn, leave here , go from the palace, Please!” Felyon begged his friend., “Glyndr , they must not find you here!”

Glyndr looked from his brother, back to his friend, a cold light burning in ice blue eyes, “ You will not stop me, either of you” he said ,his voice a low icy calm.

“Get out of my way brother”, Glyndr stepped forward threateningly, his gaze locked onto his brother’s identical ice blue eyes, “ I will see my wife” he hissed.

“Stay!” Castlyn gripped his brother by the shoulder, “ Glyndr leave now, or you will live to regret it. Eldarion will not take kindly to this defiance”.

“Eldarion!” Glyndr spat as he pushed his brother’s hand forcibly off his shoulder, “I care nothing for what the King takes kindly to or not”.

The Captain tossed his hair back in one angry move, “ I have done nothing wrong to warrant this treatment, this whim of the King, neither have my sons, and yes, he banishes them too Castlyn”.
Cold, anger maddened eyes still fixed on Castlyn’s , Glyndr pushed his brother back against the wall with force, Felyon with him.

“ This is all Eldarion’s doing,” the dark souled Captain snarled as he flew the last flight of stairs towards the heart of the palace, “ Even he will not stop me”.

“ Oh Valar help us”, Felyon said in a trembling voice as he sat , shaking against the wall, “ What is to become of this…we have let a demon loose”.

Castlyn said nothing as he crawled slowly to his feet, helping Felyon up as he stood.
“ All is not lost yet Felyon”, he said as he stared at the stairs his brother had taken, “We still have time to stop him finding his way to the celebration, and I pray that Gwenneth is somewhere where he cannot find her”.

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 08:45
Gwenneth was about to say something to Eldarion when she suddenly felt a chill deep inside her.

Glyndr! He was there!

"Eldarion," she gasped, grasping his arm. "Glyndr is here. I can feel his presence close by. He is coming to find me, and to find the Queen." Her eyes filled with tears as she gazed up at Eldarion. "He still loves her more than he loves me."

Gwenneth was trembling with emotions. She so desperately wanted to be free of Glyndr, to be free of the lies that made up their marriage, to be loved by someone who truly loved her, that she gasped out, "Eldarion, why didn't you love me instead? Then I would not be suffering like this." She clutched at her friend's arm, trying to maintain her balance, as the fear made her heart race uncontrollably.

Castlyn! She cried out in her mind for the only one she knew that could help her regain control.

Anorwen felt the distress of her sister and quickly wiped her face clean of any tears, and she hurried down corridors, trying desperately to find her sister before Glyndr could.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 10:56
Eldarion dazzled Anorwen with a smile before it dimmed to a stormy frown as Gwenneth, taunt and uneasy, spoke true of Glyndr's impending menace. " Come with me" he stipulated in a hurried little whisper, slipping an arm to the elleth's waist and motioning for Anorwen to follow. Diligently, the King trod back to the very sacred, and very empty privy chambers adjoining the Royal Families dining chamber. Deep - very deep within his bowels, a boiling murmur of fury began to flicker. Glyndr was perilously close to treason...and what treason could be deeper then besmirching an order from your own soverign? And on the eve of his daughter's betrothal! " You will be safe here - no-one save my family knows where these are located; I doubt thier existance is known even outside my bloodline" Eldarion assured stoically, dark eyes earnest as they held to Gwenneth's stricken face when, lowering his voice, it became somewhat wounded - quizzical even. " You have always had my love, dear friend. What Glyndr does, I cannot help. He is a creature of ignorance and lust...and he will not have my wife".

Prince Imrahil mustered a civil, if slightly beleagured smile to sate Brid's blatant mischief. Daughter to Edith and Lady of Caer Maerwen, a blessed little cove on the fringes of Lyonesse, the pretty young woman offered Gondor's Prince a coquettish smirk. She would cause turbulence of course...it was he mused, as natural to her as breathing.

" You look sad Prince Imrahil...are you jealous of your sister? Younger then you and to be a Queen already? You have not even a wife!" Brid mocked maliciously, grey eyes sharp. With all her mother's petty mistrust and the characteristic dark hair of Soar, Brid drafted a bizarre little picture. No sweetness. No warmth. Barely anything humane at all. The Prince merely obliged his distant relative with a boorish roll of the eyes before bowing and emitting the tiniest sighs of relief, the young man strode briskly out into the palace's bustling courtyard. Here he paused, noting with an inner little burst of pride how Rohirric warriors milled with Gondorian senteniels. Two cultures so vastly different; so stark. One golden and wild; coarse perhaps, but infused with myth; the other shrouded in a solem and certainly coverted aura of silver respect. Respect and lore. And yet thier destiny's could not have been more interwoven.

" Minis Tirith starts to flutter. They welcome you my brethren" Grimwulf noted to the Rohirric Prince as they stood, robed in relative cloaks of emerald. Elfwine responded with a slight nod, fair eyes somehow thoughtful as his glance sifted towards the horizon.

" The next time I see that horizon, Rohan will have a Queen. All it will need is for her to be crowned in my pastures after we are wed in hers". Grimwulf leaned sluggishly back against the parapet, smile honest as he shrugged.

" She is Arwen's daughter my friend. How could you wish for better stock?".

" Stock?" Elfwine responded dubiously, a slight frown creasing his strong features before he cuffed briskly at a slight pain in his chest. " She is not mere 'stock'. She is a Princess of her people. Rohan will honour her at least, for that'

[Edited on 22/6/2006 by Etaina]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2006 04:13
“Gwenneth!” Castlyn stumbled as he heard her call to him in his mind.

The elf would have fallen down a flight of steps if Felyon had not caught him in time, As it was, they both fell down four of the steps before ending up in a heap on the staircase.

“Felyon, she needs me”, Castlyn’s voice held all the fear and love he felt for Gwenneth, “I must go to her”
“ Then hurry”, Felyon rubbed at a bruised shoulder as they disentangled themselves from the heap, “ There is no time to waste, the demon is hunting fast”.

“ Felyon, you track Glyndr , he must be found, and the King informed of his whereabouts”. Castlyn paused as he ran his hand through his hair, “ My brother is nothing but evil….he must not find Gwenneth, or our Queen , and Valar help us if he finds his way to Morwenna’s celebration, it can only mean disaster”.

Castlyn leapt the stairs four at a time, following on instinct the path that Gwenneth had taken, “Gwenneth” his mind called to her, “Gwenneth, I am here, tell me where you are, so that I can find you”.

Glyndr roamed the corridors of the great palace.
A silent phantom, no one saw or knew of his passing there, his elven stealth used to the full.
The Captain became the hunter demon that Felyon feared, his dark soul bound to Gwenneth’s pure light.

He needed her; he craved that purity in her. It obsessed him.. Gweneth was his possession, a possession he guarded jealously, and with a fierce passion.

Glyndr cursed as he stood in the corridor outside the King’s office , he had expected to find Gwenneth here. He had tried all the other places he knew she would be.

The Captain stood, bathed in the coloured light from a stained glass window; the gallant warrior that looked down from the glass seemed to regard him with a look of disdain and anger.

Glyndr looked up at the glass warrior, the rainbow colours of the glass reflected in ice sharp eyes.
“You foolish warrior of Gondor”,he growled , “ I shall find what I seek and claim them. I shall find my wife, and I shall find your Queen”.

Blending back into the shadows, Glyndr went to find a hiding place, “They shall not find me” he thought, “ I shall remain here until I have what I came for, and until the celebration is over”.

Glyndr had every intention of attending the celebration.
To curse the house of Eldarion, and pray for its downfall.

OOC ….Hope OK…f Glyndy is getting more evil as his obsession with Gwenneth and Ceinwyn grows stronger, and his hatred of Eldarion grows too…I can edit/change things if either of you don’t like the idea ! LOL

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2006 07:16
"No, Eldarion, I mean real love. The kind you feel for someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, not a friendship love. If you had givenme a chance, none of this would be happening." Gwenneth began to sob, and clutched at her chest, obviously in pain.

Anorwen ran to her sister's side and said, "My Lord King, my sister does not know what she is saying-"

"I know perfectly well what I am saying, Anorwen," Gwenneth gasped.

"Shh, Gwenneth, please. You must rest." Anorwen helped her sister to sit down, and looked worriedly at Eldarion when her sister went from a pale pink to a light grey hue.

"My Lord King, I fear she is dying. Do something. Give her the will to live. Please my Lord King, you must!"
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2006 08:38
* tis fine mon amis!*

Eldarion cast an abhorent glance over to Anorwen as she uttered the most ominous of warnings. Gwenneth. Dying. In one fluid sweep the King lunged forwards, scooped the elleth into his arms, and cradled her head in the nook of his elbow.

"Why do you blame me for a fault not of my own? Why do you hate Ceinwyn so?" Eldarion whispered huskily until, almost without thought, he did the one thing he knew would snatch Gwenneth back from the hollow pit of nothingness. He kissed her. Brief but earnestly so, the King's face was mere inches from the elleths now. So many years...so many long decades bounced from face to face as destiny had taken an altogether more abrupt port of poignancy. Both should have seen such an instance materialising....yet neither did. Neither could have. And, quite bizarrely, it was Gondor's unremitting ache that had instigated it: Glyndr.

Morwenna withstood the torrent of sheer bewilderment well enough. A sharp click and a rush of soft satin were all that heralded her entrance to the private chambers yet her abrupt gasp of utter disgust shattered Eldarion's blissful little revere into nothing.

" My - father..." she stuttered disbelievingly, bright eyes livid as they snapped between elleth and king. Framed by a dull glare of sunlight, Morwenna could have been her mother then. Furious, animated and innately proud as she absorbed the enormity of what she'd witnessed, the young woman edged back towards the door.

" On this day - and with a Lady....I have no father" Morwenna breathed hoarsely, cheeks flushed before her eyes darted everywhere, anywhere other then at the tableau unravelling so haphazardly before her. Eldarion's face was unfathomable. In an instant, everything had altered once more: his feelings, Gondor's future perhaps. Could anything be salvaged? Supporting Gwenneth with a hand to her nimble waist, Eldarion grappled for words. Yet found nothing remotly consoling, nothing even worthy for his daughter's ears. He had scarred Morwenna that day; besmirched her trust and dented her faith in fidelity. But fate, we are told, is in extorable.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2006 08:52
"Because she has the hearts of both my best friend and my husband, and neither one will give her up in favor of me," Gwenneth whispered, and then her eyes fluttered closed.

The warmth of Eldarion's mouth on hers raced through her, and after a split second of nothingness, she responded by weakly kissing him back. her eyes opened as he pulled back from her lips and she stared into his eyes, her own filling with tears as she whispered softly, "I love you, Eldarion."

When Morwenna suddenly appeared in the chambers, Gwenneth was as surprised as Eldarion. She did not know what to say.

Thankfully, it was not so with her little sister.

"Princess, wait." Anorwen stopped Morwenna from leaving by blocking her way to the door. "Your father was trying to give my sister what might well be her dying wish. Do you not see her ashen color? My sister, Lady Gwenneth, who your father has known long before he met your mother, is dying. The mother of the one you truly love." She stepped forward and looked at Morwenna with moist eyes. "My nephew Halyn and I have spoken of you, and how your love has been pushed aside for propriety and the sake of a crown. Your father never once in all the time Lady Gwenneth has been here has ever so much as made an inappropriate gesture toward her. He married your mother because that was what was best for Gondor and Soar, the same reason you are going to marry Elfwine of Rohan. But if Halyn were dying slowly, and asked you for one kiss, one kiss that he might have that memory of your lips on his when he passed, would you deny him, if your husband were ignoring you, making you feel lost and alone? My sister fought with your father, begged him to throw aside convention and let you and Halyn be together. She wanted to see one of her children happy in a way she never could be. Your father has done nothing wrong, Morwenna. All he has done is grant the request of a friend who is in misery and slowly dying, a friend who once saved your father's life and brought him back to your mother. If it were not for my sister, and the love she feels for your father, you would not exist, Morwenna. Please do not make this out to be more than it is, more than a desperate act of one friend trying to keep another from dying."

Gwenneth was surprised at how much her sister knew, but then realized that she had long been able to feel the thoughts and emotions of Gwenneth and so knew a lot of things that had ocurred. She also knew that even as Anorwen spoke the words about friendship, that Eldarion's feelings had changed, that fate had finally intervened on her behalf. Never again could Eldarion deny feeling something more than friendship for her, even if for the sake of Gondor, their feelings for each other had to be hidden.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2006 03:09
Glyndr moved ever closer to the higher levels, towards Gondor’s heart, towards the chambers that he knew would house his Queen. His Jewel of Soar.

The Captain had found a hidden ledge of cold stone, above a mullioned window. It served him well as a well-secluded lair.
Hidden from all those that passed, yet, a vantage point for him to watch with care the comings and goings of the palace at this oh so important time in the history of Gondor and Rohan.

A joining of two Realms, a joining Glyndr would do his worst to destroy.
Eldarion and his line would suffer the Captain’s hatred and pure jealousy.

The Captain needed to see his Jewel, his goal now his Queen as he moved ever closer to the chambers.
Gwenneth would be more difficult to find, Glyndr sensed Anorwen and Eldarion’s touch here. They had hidden her from him.

“Not for long you fools”, he thought, “ I shall find her, and she will be mine, as she always was and always will be , you who know nothing of our bond”.

Glyndr turned a corner; the Queen’s chambers only a breath away now.
He stopped with a vicious curse. A pale, slender Elf stood between him and his goal.

“Valar Glyndr, but you have become evil, Please stop now”, Felyon stood trembling, his moss green eyes sparkling with unshed tears. Tears for his friend, for a friend he loved still, but could no longer understand.

“Out of my way Sylentor”, Glyndr warned, his ice blue eyes cold, determined.

“I will not let you do this” Felyon’s calm voice trembled slightly as he spoke, “I will not see you taken by that possessive evil that drives you now, Glyndr!” the artist pleaded, “Please go back, They will most likely take you and beat you ,before locking you in some dark dungeon if you are caught…Glyndr this is close to treason!”

“I said , out of my way…” Glyndr snarled as he took a step forward, “ I will not be caught, Go back to your canvas Felyon and leave me alone”.

“No!” Felyon cried out, “ I will not you arrogant hot headed animal!”

“Arrogant!” Glyndr leapt forward ,his eyes flashed a warning a brief second before he hit Felyon hard. “ Out of my way!”

Felyon fell back , hard against the wall, he put his hand to his face, adark bruise already forming on his pale skin, he shook his head and moved back to bar Glyndr’s way.

“Please” Felyon called to whatever hope still lived in Glyndr’s dark soul, “Please Glyndr, go back”.

Glyndr did not answer, he hit Felyon again with force, the artist hit the wall, bounced off it and lay still, a tiny trickle of blood ran crimson in his pale hair.

Glyndr leapt over his friend, then moved swiftly to the chambers he sought.
“No Royal guards” he noted, as he knocked lightly on the door, “ All attending the arrival of that horse lord brat no doubt”. He prayed that Ceiwyn was not amongst those who were there.
The Captain needed to speak with his Queen.

OOC ..As ever ,can change/edit if needed !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

.I've read both written sets and it looks like a duplicate...but I'd prefer you check for yourself and delete the duplicate.
Thanks,
BerethEdhellen, RPG Moderator

Thanks BerethEdhellen...Don't know what happened there!

[Edited on 24/6/2006 by BerethEdhellen]

[Edited on 26/6/2006 by elflyn]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2006 08:05
Morwenna's face became unfathomable for an instant as she stood, wild as a caged lioness, with the ebbing shards of shock still fresh within her stony glare. Almost uncomprehending, the young Princess shot a slow, incredulous stare over at Anorwen.

" Do not try to blinker what has happened by comparing it with my life! And you" Morwenna's alert venom was tuned now to Gwenneth. Cold, impassionate and entirely withering, the young woman spared the elleth little warmth. It was common knowledge of course, that Gwenneth had always envied her mother, the Queen. She had heard Gwenneth's whisper...even as Eldarion still toyed with its extremeties.

" You both say nothing....you are both silent. Father, will you not defend yourself?" she piqued, dangerously flippant now as the King merely mouthed soundlessly. He barely knew what was real anymore; how he felt, what the Valar wished. How could he then, respond to his daughter's saddened scorn? It was well deserved. He knew that even as his hand clutched reassuringly at Gwenneth's waist and he felt a delicious surge of warmth. Even as his own heart had echoed her words.

Morwenna noted it too. After having once cherished such a stoic bond with Eldarion, she knew almost as much of him as the very King himself. And no fool could have denied the flicker pulsing from them both; not even Anorwen.

" You will be hurt by these people Anorwen, if you believe there is any good in this match. Valar knows they have done that to enough people in this city already. .." and, with one stormy stare, she was gone, as impetuous as a freak summer's gust. The die had been cast and Gondor's future appeared suddenly shadowed - misted by want and need and desire. What would become of them? What would become of them all....

Ceinwyn felt the stirring confusion within the air - even if she did not know its origin. Better perhaps. With one languid sigh she strode briskly out from the private gardens, rose silken gown frothing delicatly about her ankles. Eldarion's image floated briefly before her eyes - a smiling, genial face; honest. Loving. With a curt scoff Ceinwyn shook its raidance aside, smiling as it was replaced by Morwenn'a lovely little ripple of laughter. Or at least, a memory of it. " How everything has altered" she mused aloud, almost cursing as she collided with a fell body. Almost feignting as she agknowledged the one ellon as tempestuous as her own history. Glyndr.

" Good afternoon elf Lord. Long has it been of late, since I have seen you..."
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2006 06:15
Gwenneth could do naught but watch as Morwenna stormed from the room. Anorwen turned to her sister and Eldarion, and smiled softly. "The two of you belong together, you always have. The Valar would not have granted the two of you love if it was a means to an end. Whether the princess wishes to admit it or not, were it not for her mother's behaviour, the two of you would never have realized this love."

Anorwen's thoughts drifted to Imrahil one again, and she said softly, "I must go and seek out Glyndr, and get him out of the palace one way or another. You two stay here, and lock this door."

Gwenneth did as her sister bid her, moving slowly to the door and locking it against anyone else entering. She turned and looked at Eldarion, her eyes questioning every step between them.

She crossed the room and softly slipped into his arms kising him softly. "Eldarion, I am the one person who has stood by you through everything. Believe me when I say that I did not desire this to ruin you, or Gondor. I...I love you, Eldarion. I have from the moment I first opened my eyes and found myself in your arms. I know I cannot be your bride, your Queen...but let me be everything else that you need."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2006 08:32
“My Queen”, Glyndr found great pleasure in steadying Ceinwyn as she collided with him.
The Captain stepped back a pace and bowed slightly. His eyes never leaving hers, cold and sharp, yet the ice blue held a spark of a rekindled flame.

“Ah, she is here”, he thought contentedly, “And she is alone”.

“It has been much too long since last we talked Ceinwyn”, Glyndr dared to call her by name, blatantly ignoring the protocol expected, as much as he had ignored the King’s orders.

“Ceinwyn”, the elf Lord moved closer with such subtlety that she did not notice until he was there, close, facing her.

“Ceinwyn”, Glyndr smiled his infamous, charming smile, “You grow even more beautiful” he purred hypnotically, “ The rose of Soar has blossomed into a wonderful flower”.

Glyndr looked deep into her eyes, “ I have missed our conversations” he said silkily, “So much has happened since first we met, You the young pride, and jewel of Soar, and I the Captain sent to escort your entourage to the city”.

The Captain ran a slender, gold ringed finger, over the diamond stud in his ear, “ I shall never forget our meeting at the lake” the smile became a frown, “So young you were , so spirited a girl-woman,” he mused. “Now you are a Queen, a woman of renown, who would have thought that you would ever bend to Eldarion’s bidding?”.

Glyndr dared to take her hand in his and kissed it softly, “ My Queen, are you still that young girl with that wild spirit?”
His cold eyes burned brighter with that flame.

“Cienwyn” Glyndr still held her hand, his fingers entwined around hers, “ Come with me” he purred , the wicked, mischievous glint bright fire in his eyes.

“Let us ride out together, over the hills, let us have time to speak as once we did”.

Glyndr stood, his gaze unblinking, “Or am I so sorely mistaken, has that wild , free spirited princess of Soar become a lapdog to duty?, Ceinwyn , come with me”.

Castlyn ran the corridors, searching for Gwenneth by a powerful instinct.
She had not answered his call. Was she alright? The Elf was frantic to find her.

“Gwenneth” he called to her again in his mind, He felt her presence, a faint call from somewhere in the depths of the palace.

Following his trusted instincts Castlyn came to the place Gwenneth was hidden.
The ellon stopped outside a closed door.

Castlyn stayed back , hiddden in the shadows, he could feel a tension, all was not well.
“Gwenneth” he spoke quietly to her in her mind, “I am here, yet it seems that you no longer need my presence, I sense another is with you. I shall leave now if you wish it, Yet remember, my dear Gwenneth, I am but only a heartbeat away, Call and I shall be with you whenever you need me”.

[Edited on 26/6/2006 by elflyn]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email