Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Jewel and The Crown: When the Sun Rises * no new players please*
on: June 26, 2006 10:16
Ceinwyn did not respond instantly. Snared between incredulous amusment and sheer shock, the woman studied Glyndr hard...a long, almost thoughtful stare, aloof and somehow bitter. It was because of his manic jealousy that Gwenneth had so fawned over Eldarion...it was because of him that Gondor balanced now, in peril.

" Your charm is not absolute to free you of all blame, Glyndr. Who else other then me would know that?" she piqued boldy, snatching her palm away and taking a step backwards. Of course she remembered that evening, by the lake....its magic still touched her now; but not for lust or wanton need. For relief that what came after - meeting her husband - was the most blessed event of her life. But something stirred; something else.

" Your wife is a snake and she plays my husband well. Are you happy my old friend? To know that I feel as if my soul is withering! To know that one day - someday, he will turn from me...and to her. To Gwenneth" Ceinwyn mused dourly. " Oh no - you will not charm me. I am as free and wild as I ever was Glyndr...do not confuse duty with defeat!". Ceinwyn's aloof mantle of majesty fractured then as the smallest of tears dropped from her eyes. Bitter tears; broken tears.

" It is my daughter's wedding today. And nothing shall spoil it - not even Gwenneth..." when, drawing her shoulders back and fixing Glyndr with the most unremitting of stares, Ceinwyn suddenly smiled. " And you will come - as my guest. But cause any upheavel my friend, and no Maiar, nor the Valar themselves will protect you from me. A promise to you" the Queen uttered, softly enough. But the weight behind her words was unquestionable.

Eldarion managed to gather some wit to answer Gwenneth. Nothing seemed real anymore; every ounce of stability had vanished, dissapperated into nothing, into bliss even as he stared almost quizzically down into the elleth's eyes. " Anorwen was wrong to blame Ceinwyn - the Queen is a woman of passion and reason. She did nothing I did not deserve" he reasoned stoically enough, brows knitting together into a frown. It was all a mess...such a mess..." I cannot give you what you deserve Gwenneth! I still love Ceinwyn - you know I always will - she is the mother of my children and deserves my respect and love. She is as much a part of me as you, dearest Gwenneth. How can I ever ask you to accept that?" Eldarion despaired passionatly, dark eyes bleak now as the flicker of doubt grew hollow. " I can offer you nothing but half a heart...and you, most of all, deserve so much better" yet his heart seemed to stutter. Yes his words were true - honest. But even then his spirit shivered at Gwenneth's proximity, relished in her presence. She could refuse him...the though could have distilled his happiness forever.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2006 01:23
The elf Lord’s eyes flashed, a dangerous anger flared briefly, as Ceinwyn snatched away her hand.
He stepped back a pace his head held high in his proud arrogant way, he was angry.
This was not what he wanted. And Glyndr ALWAYS got what he desired most.

“Snake?” he questioned, a subtle anger still in his voice, “My wife is no snake, and if anyone has made her seem that way, or if as you say she plays, then the blame lies with the King, he sets the rules, not her”.

Glyndr stepped forward again, he watched her with eyes that now held the look of a wild, unbroken stallion defying authority and control, “ You are wrong”, he snapped coldly, a dark hatred burning for Eldarion, “ He shall NEVER have her, Gwenneth is mine, bound to me in body and soul, and no one, not even the great King Eldarion will ever come between us”.

“Ceinwyn”, Glyndr moved ever closer, his voice softened as he saw her tears, “ It grieves me to see you unhappy my dearest friend, to know you have such sorrow. You deserve happiness, not the uncertainty in a marriage to this pale image of a husband”.
Glyndr said no more, he realised he had probably already said too much.

“Ceinwyn” he said again as he matched her stare boldly with one of his own, “I accept your invitation as a guest at the marriage, the joining of two such great houses, of two great Realms”.

“Upheaval?” he thought, “ Oh my Queen , the upheaval you dread will be one that shall be spoken of for generations to come, lamented in the books of the scribes.
Valar? Ceinwyn I fear that they have abandoned me a long while ago. Threaten me my Queen , with retribution….it will be worth all the agonies I shall suffer at your fair hands to see the downfall of the house and line of Eldarion forever”..

Glyndr returned her smile as he returned back from his thoughts. “ Ceinwyn”, he dared again, “ If you will not ride out with me, then walk with me in the gardens instead, tell me of Morwenna, and Ceinwyn, of yourself”.

Castlyn turned, and walked away, slowly, through the stone corridors.
He noticed nothing as he walked, his only thought, Gwenneth.

Castlyn loved her with a deep, love that he could not explain.
Yet, it was a doomed love, fated to die, she could never be his.

A soft moan brought him out of his thoughts, Castlyn turned to see a slender figure curled against the wall. “Felyon!”

Castlyn ran to kneel beside his friend, “Valar Felyon”, he said, a deep concern in his voice as he helped Felyon to sit up.
“Did he do this to you?” Castlyn brushed Felyon’s pale, now crimson stained hair back to reveal; the dark bruises and a deep cut above his left eye.

“ He has found the Queen”, Felyon gripped Castlyn’s arm in a trembling hand, “The hunter has found its quarry, It has begun”.

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2006 12:50
Gwenneth stared at Eldarion. Her eyes filled with tears, and she said brokenly, "You could love me, with your whole heart, if you wanted to. The power in your kiss proved that. But you don't want to love me, my King. She has won, again." She started for the door, then turned to look at him. "Go to your wife. Be with her. I will never ask you for your affections again, Eldarion. Your wife, your children, they will all hate me until they die, thinking me a horrible creature bent on destroying you. I accept that. I also accept that you, Eldarion, will also never realize that I am the only one who can save you and your family and your kingdom from destruction." She sighed and walked to the door, still speaking as she went. "I will go find my husband. I know he is here in the palace. I will meet with you later to finish the plans for the wedding, my Lord King." She walked out of the room, letting the door slam behind her.

Gwenneth knew where her husband would be, and she fled upstairs to Ceinwyn's rooms. She skidded to a halt when she saw the Queen and her husband staring at each other in the hall. She had heard him ask the Queen to walk with him, and she stepped forward hesitantly.

"Glyndr." She focussed her attention solely on her husband, ignoring the presence of the Queen completely. "Please, Glyndr, come with me to my- our - room. We need to talk." She reached out her hand to Glyndr.

She swallowed as he hesitated for a moment, and then he grabbed her hand and with nothing further to the Queen, he went with her to her room.

Gwenneth pulled him into the room, and closed the door, then pulled him into an embrace and began kissing him while she sobbed and tears rained down her face.

"Glyndr, my love, oh, my love," she sobbed over and over, pulling him to the bed. "Please, husband, be with me. I am sorry for everything I have ever done that has hurt you. Please forgive me. Be with me, Glyndr."
She knew as well as he did what she was begging him for, and the fact that such a stress might kill her had not even crossed her mind. "Glyndr, be with me the way you used to."

elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2006 08:28
His eyes never leaving Ceinwyn’s face, Glyndr was not aware of Gwenneth’s presence until she spoke.

His flower had come to him, he did not need to search for her.

With a last look at Ceinwyn that told her that he would be at the wedding, and that he would never give up trying to find time alone with his Queen, Glyndr nodded a bow and turned to walk with Gwenneth to their rooms.

The Captain fell eagerly into her embrace, he smiled a satisfied smile as he stroked her hair.

He had her now. She was where she was always meant to be. She was his.

“My flower”, he purred, his voice low, “You are with me again” Glyndr kissed the tears from her face, “You are mine”.

Glyndr rolled with her as she pulled him onto the bed, pulling her to him.
“Gwenneth, my beautiful wife, never ask forgiveness for something that is not of your doing, it is that Eldarion who has led you to hurt me, his influence over you made you lost to me”, Glyndr’s voice became icy, full of malice as he thought of the King.

“But now you are here with me, I have found you” his ice blue eyes flashed with the need and desire he felt for her.

He knew what she asked. No,.. begged of him , and he would not deny her anything. Anything his flower desired would be hers.

“Come to me my wife” he said softly, hypnotically, “No more tears , or begging forgiveness,” Glyndr pulled her to him in a passionate kiss.
“You have always been mine, and never his, Our souls and bodies bound forever as one”.

The elf Lord smiled his familiar half smile, as he moved to her, to possess her, all of her.
“I shall be with you my love, as I always used to be, gently, softly”, he whispered huskily.

Aware of the danger that she was oblivious of , Glyndr would not lose her now he had her . Now that he had won her from Eldarion. He would be careful.

“It makes no difference that she is now mine again,” Glyndr thought icily, “ I shall still ensure the downfall of the house of Eldarion, and I shall enjoy every last moment”.

“Gwenneth!” Castlyn turned sharply, a look of terror on his face.
“No ! Gwenneth , Valar, please don’t give yourself to him…Gwenneth please hear me!”, Castlyn put his hands to his head.

He knew his brother had found her, was too close to her. Castlyn was very afraid.

“Castlyn” Felyon looked at his friend , tears in his eyes, “Oh Castlyn…..not Gwenneth , please not my dear Gwenneth”.

Castlyn said nothing as he turned and ran. Wherever she was, he had to find her before it was too late.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2006 06:33
“Gwenneth!” Castlyn turned sharply, a look of terror on his face.
“No ! Gwenneth , Valar, please don’t give yourself to him…Gwenneth please hear me!”, Castlyn put his hands to his head

I must give myself to him, Castlyn. He is my husband, and regardless of the fact that he does not love me, neither does Eldarion. Both of them love Ceinwyn too much to love me. This is my lot in life, Castlyn. To always be second best.

Gwenneth slipped into her husband's arms and gave herself to him, their passion growing with each moment, until it consumed the two of them in a rush.

They lay there, basking in the warmth of each other, Gwenneth's head resting on Glyndr's chest. She traced the scar he had with her fingertips and she said softly, "Glyndr, I'm sorry I am not enough for you. I am sorry I am not as precious to you as your Queen. I know that Eldarion does not love me, either. I also know that Ceinwyn has invited you to the wedding. Please don't go, Glyndr. You do not really want to be at the wedding of the woman our eldest son loves when it is someone else she is marrying. Please, Glyndr, remain here with me. I love you, so very much, and I have always forgiven your indiscretions, and never asked for anything in return. Please, stay here with me, Glyndr." She snuggled into his arms and said softly, "I love you, my darling husband."
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2006 10:35
The Bridal Suite was a hub of frivolous unease that urgent evening. As the moon waned, fading into a thin sliver of grey, the young Princess of Gondor waited unspeaking at the door of her privy chamber. Not long now; Minis Tirith was influxed by its magic, charmed by the dynastic splendour of two anicent houses bound in endless eternity. The Main Hall, vast in its stately magnificance, was awash with jostling nobles, all quibbering, all eager to gauge to mood of these youths. Lady outvied Lady, Lord marked Lord. It was, as always, a festering hotbed of social etiquette, dangerous and boiling with the zealous scent of gossip.

The Rohirric honour guard formed a wide semi-circle one side of the marriage alter whilst, on the other, Prince Imrahil stood at the head of his own batch of senteniels. Elfwine took centre stage between them. Robed in burnished emerald and thoroughly proud, the young man's dazzling charisma was unrivalled. Though stern and certainly fierce, it was not without charm; or beauty. Elfwine the Fair did not sucomb to his title undeservingly. There was an eagerness in his bright, searching eyes; a passion. Ungoverned, unchecked....a token Prince of a wild people.

Silence. Alittle stir and then one unified breath as King Eldarion and his Queen breezed grandly through the centre, petal strewn aisle. A glitteringly perfect facade; faultless.

" She comes shortly" Eldarion stipulated with something perilously close to sadness underpinning his voice. A beguiling but wistful sadness at losing his youngest daughter to a forgien throne. He had of course lost everything else; her trust, faith and love had all been shattered...what else but her mere presence? Elfwine repsonded with a non-commital nod. He missed nothing of course; not even Ceinwyn's gentle stride forwards ahead of her husband. Whatever clouds bustled over the Royal couple were very cleverly hidden; but not completely. Never completely.

" They say she is dressed in elvish silk" Edith muttered sullenly to her husband from where they watched at the bottom of the dais. The Lady's sleek grey eyes drummed boorishly into Ceinwyn's oval, pale face; blood was blood. Despite her jealousy, a cousin was still a cousin and whatever affliction dulled Ceinwyn's glitter was still perhaps, interesting to Edith. And if not? Well...then certainly amusing.

" Does it matter? She is Queen all the same" Her husband sighed gruffly, scowling as Edith rolled her eyes and pinched his elbow irritably. Such a trivial creature, she mused inwardly...so unenviably so.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2006 11:13
“Stay here and miss the wedding?” Glyndr purred, he looked down at his flower. His Gwenneth, as she lay so closely, nestled on his chest.
She was where she should be…. with him.

“Gwenneth, I should have wanted to have attended the ceremony....if only to have been able to watch that Eldarion’s face as he found that I was there, and by invitation of his precious Ceinwyn”.

The elf Captain stretched lazily, content that he had his wife here and now..not lost to a pale human excuse for a King.

“But, flower, as you ask it of me, I shall not attend, your desires are more important than a mere joining of two pathetic Realms”.
Glyndr rolled over to kiss her, his passion growing stronger.

“My love”, he purred his silky purr, “I have something of importance that I must attend to, I shall be but mere moments” he smiled his hypnotic half smile.

“Wait for me” the purr an order, “Flower….wait for me here”.

Glyndr moved in his subtle way to dress and move silently from the room.
His prey now of Royal blood.

Glyndr was the hunter..the predator again.

The elf moved unseen through the corridors, to the balconies, to a vine so close to Morwenna , the prize and hope of Gondor and Rohan .

The lithe elf climbed silently, with purpose towards her privy chambers.

She was alone….he sensed it.

The dark apparition appeared as if by unseen magic in her rooms.

“Beautiful” the dark , demon apparition purred, “Too beautiful for a brat of a horselord”.

Glyndr moved from the dark shadows of her light filled room to face her, “ Too beautiful..You are meant for a more worthy husband”.

The ice Captain ran his slender, gold ringed fingers tantalizingly over her face, her neck to the dip at the front of her gown, “ Beautiful”.

Glyndr took her chin in a slender hand, and tilted her face to look at him, the demonin his ice sharp blue eyes.

“If my son cannot have you, then no one shall” the grip tightened on her chin, the frost colder.

Glyndr moved swiftly in his agile, feline way, a scarf covered her mouth to stop her screams.
The dark demon swept the angel into his arms and flew with her through the window from the palace…...towards his waiting stallion…towards a place only he knew.

“ My beauty”, he purred, ice frost bright in his eyes. “ Now see the fall of your father’s house..of that cursed line…you are mine now….”.

OOC Can change/edit as needed if anything you don’t like.. ..Iell , Etaina do your worst! LOL..the demon has stolen the angel and the key to Eldarion’s life!

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2006 10:13
Gwenneth was angry. She had asked Glyndr only one thing, one favour this night, and that was that he remain with her and not leave their chamber. He had been so willing to come to her in passion, but as soon as that passion cooled, he was out the door on a whim.

Gwenneth sobbed piteously into her hands. She was nothing. She meant so little to anyone. Why had she gone through everything she had, killing to try to keep Glyndr's love, delving into the shadow world to retrieve Eldarion when no one else could and saving him from a fate worse than death, marrying Glyndr even though she knew he did not love her, bearing his sons, although she knew it would more than likely kill her? Why had she come back when Castlyn called to her? She knew things would never change, that each time Glyndr lied to her, cheated on her, it brought her closer to death. Why did the Valar wish her to suffer this way? All she had ever wanted was to be loved. Glyndr didn't love her, and Eldarion had kissed her, giving her hope, but then he had crushed those hopes a moment later.

Gwenneth got up and wrapped a robe tightly around herself, going out to the balcony and sitting behind the carved stone railing, staring off into the distance and wishing she could go back in time and change the events that had occurred in her life.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2007 12:29
Morwenna's staunt little grimace faltered as Glyndr obscured her sight. Obscured her future, shielded her sorrow....she could feel the surge of curiosity boiling from behind the great arched doors. And she, the Princess, was its target. With one stunted breath her eyes met with Glyndrs. She was entranced, caught by the lustre of his spell. Its promise of escape....

" I know you" she almost whispered, stare unblinking. Somewhere her duty stirred: Reason curdled. But the elvish magic was too strong, even for a spirit as earstwhile as Morwennas. She did not know what happened next, where Glyndr took her. The only ounce of consciousness she held was that of a sweeping confusion. Sweeping her - and the wedding ceremony - into utter catastrophe.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2007 08:02
The dark elf urged his stallion forward into a gallop as easy and as fluid as a canter, the elven horse blending subtly with the shadows.
“No other shall have you my princess” Glyndr purred silkily, close to Morwenna’s ear.
The Captain pulled her close against his chest as he held her in front of him on the horse, his embrace as firm and as protective as that of a lover.
“They shall search for you in vain”, he smiled his wicked smile, “that worthless mortal of a father, and King will send the whole realm to find, and return his precious daughter to him”.

Glyndr tossed his raven dark hair back with a cold laugh as he turned Sylstar’s head towards darkened paths that led to a darker hill, “That horse lord brat will no doubt try to play the hero and rescue you like any arrogant hot headed Prince…ah, but he will never find you!”

The elf captain slowed the stallion’s pace as the way became narrow, knarled roots and damp leaves thick across the path, tall, dripping ferns and stunted trees like deformed dwarves seemed to watch them with malevolent stares as they rode ever upwards towards the summit of the hill.

“the one thing I shall regret”, Glyndr purred as he stroked Morwenna’s face with a slender finger, his touch like ice against her pale skin, “is that your beautiful mother shall suffer at your loss” the cold elf leant to kiss her cheek lightly, the kiss as cold as his touch, his long hair that brushed her skin like iced gossamer, “Ah, but it cannot be helped, she will learn to accept the loss in time”.

They left the cover of damp and cold, and then rode a narrow path across a bleak, windswept moor towards an ancient ruin amongst rocks and crags, its stark shattered stone all that was left of a once grand Hall of a noble Lord.
Glyndr rode the pale horse into the ruins between broken walls that had once ben a stronghold of centuries.
Black birds flew from their resting places, screaming their rage as their silence was disturbed, their cries echoing around the dead walls like the wail of a banshee.
“Begone you devils!” Glyndr hissed at them as he slid effortlessly from Sylstar’s back, he lifted his prize from the saddle, and then carried her deep into the ruin’s heart.

The place he sought found, Glyndr kicked open a heavy, iron studded wooden door, and carried Morwenna into the chamber before kicking the door closed behind them with an ominous thud.
He placed her on the damp floor in the corner of the cold , damp walled chamber, then took the scarf that covered her mouth and tied her wrists firmly behind her back, “ forgive me”, the elf said softly as he smiled his evil half smile, “this is not the chamber that was intended for you tonight, this is no flower bedecked bridal chamber… , there are no maidservants to tend you here..to make you beautiful for your new husband”.

Glyndr lit a rushlight , the lamp flickering in the draught, the ceiling of the chamber half lost and open to the sky, “ your only company tonight shall be the cry of the night birds”, he paused as he turned to look at her, his pale blue eyes glowing like ice in moonlight , “ and myself , my Princess”.
The tall elf settled down opposite her, his eyes never leaving her, “tomorrow we travel further from their reach”.

Castlyn fought hard with his emotions, Gwenneth’s soul had not called to him, to protect her from his brother, in fact she had seemed to have welcomed Glyndr to her.
But now he could fight his instincts and the love he had for Gwenneth no longer.
“It is not your Lot Gwenneth!” his thoughts screamed..”you are NEVER second best!”

The elf made his way swiftly to where he knew Gwenneth would be, he did not care if his twin was with her, Castlyn knew Glyndr’s presence was not good for his Gwenneth, he needed to know she was unharmed in every way.

HIS Gwenneth. Castlyn always thought of her as his own, she should never have had to suffer a cold, possessive marriage with his brother….he loved, and needed her, and would do anything for her. Even if that love could never be returned.

Castlyn almost broke down the door of the chamber and moved swiftly inside, “Gwenneth!” he looked around anxiously, only the strewn bedsheets betrayed that anyone had been here in this place.

“Gwenneth!” he spoke louder, as he strode across the room and out onto the balcony…he knew where she hid.
Castlyn went to her and knelt beside her, “ Again he hurts you”, he said gently as he took her delicate hand in his, an anger tingeing his voice , “ I wish that it could be so different…that it was I who had taken you as a wife…that I could spare you this pain”.
He kissed her hands, and held them tightly in his to warm them, “You are cold”, he said softly, “come back into the chamber, tell me of your sorrows, speak with me Gwenneth , tell me what I can do”.

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2007 10:51
Halyn looked at his brother and whispered, "Something is wrong. I can feel it."

Gwyndr remained silent, but nodded slowly. He waited unti the royal couple were in their places, and then he grabbed his brother's arm and the twins snuck out.

Once they were in the hall, Gwyndr said, "Naneth." The word had not even ceased falling from his lips when his brother sprinted off toward Gwenneth's room, Gwyndr in hot pursuit.

When they got there, the door was wide open, as was the door to the balcony and they could hear angry words in their mother's voice issuing forth.

“Gwenneth!” he spoke louder, as he strode across the room and out onto the balcony…he knew where she hid.
Castlyn went to her and knelt beside her, “ Again he hurts you”, he said gently as he took her delicate hand in his, an anger tingeing his voice , “ I wish that it could be so different…that it was I who had taken you as a wife…that I could spare you this pain”.
He kissed her hands, and held them tightly in his to warm them, “You are cold”, he said softly, “come back into the chamber, tell me of your sorrows, speak with me Gwenneth , tell me what I can do”.

Gwenneth had said nothing, staring past Castlyn with her tears near freezing on her cheeks. Then she looked at him with spite and vicious anger. She shoved him away and stood, lifting her chin and glaring at him balefully.

"You wish you could spare me this pain, Castlyn? You brought it upon me! You brought me back to this world when I had left it, using your ways to bendtime and shape events to your desire! You should have left me dead! I would not be suffering in pain right now had you simply left me be!" She stormed into the room and stared at her sons. "Your father has left me, and I know to whom he has turned this time. The daughter of the mortal he truly loves is his now."

Halyn blanched at his mother's words, and tears came to his eyes. "No..Naneth, no..."

"I am sorry, my son. But your father only courted me, married me, because he could not have Ceinwyn. Now he has taken her daughter for the same reason. I hope she is enough like her mother to make him not want to stray. I tried, but I was not enough." She glanced to the side and said spitefully, "You are still here? Is it not enough that my husband abandons me after promising to remain by my side, but now you, his twin, must haunt my steps? Begone with you. I tire of your game, yours and Glyndr's."

Gwyndr tried to speak but Gwenneth cut him off by running from the room and slamming the door behind her. She ran through the palace, farther and farther from the populace who thronged in anticipation of the wedding, and finally she reached a locked door.

With trembling hands, she pulled an old rusted key from her pocket. This door had not been unlocked in years. No one remembered the reason for it to be locked, but Gwenneth didn't care. She heard the latch creak, then give way. She entered the staircae and closed the door, throwing the latch behind her.

Gwenneth climbed the staircase tot he top floor of the tower. The air was cold up here, but she barely felt it, so great was her sorrow. She sat down in the middle of the floor and said softly, "He lied to me again. There is no love here, and no chance of any. Valar, why did you let me come back to suffer this way? I hate you, all of you. I should have remained dead. Then I would not suffer humiliation and rejection at every turn."

Gwenneth sat there, unmoving, save for a single tear that trickled down her face once again. She would remain here until the Valar let her soul go on to its rightful place, the land of the dead.

The twins and Castlyn had tried to follow her, but no one knew the castle as well as Gwenneth, and finally, Halyn and Gwyndr had to face the awful truth. They would have to go and tell their King there would be no wedding.

The twins stood in the doorway for a moment and then asked to speak with the King in a private audience. Gwyndr warned the servant carrying the message to Eldarion, "If he refuses, then we will make an announcement that will devastate this company and embarrass him and his Queen." He said the word with so much venom and hatred that he sounded for a moment just like his father.

As Halyn watched the servant approach Eldarion, a ball of ice formed in his gut. Would the King blame them? Could he be that cold? Halyn waited until the servant indicated the King's study with a small motion of his hand before turning and proceeding to the study, his brother a step behind him.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2007 07:34
Morwenna's senses were doused with the last dregs of confusion. She could not shout - she could not scream. Where was she? One stunted glance about the decaying surroundings made it apparent she was under duress: even if the shackles did not. How? How on earth did he manage it...

" You fool" she gasped hoarsely, wide blue eyes dull. " You utter fool. What an achievement ho-ho-ho. You kidnapped a princess! Well done you!. Morwenna's scathing drawl must have stung him. But she did not care. Images of her family, of Elfwine resonated briefly before her vision, taunting her soul. But there was another face. Gwenneths. Strange she noted, that the elleth should feature so poignantly now, or indeed, that she should feature at all. She was an upstart, a rogue - a thorn. But lo! Some pique of premonition tugged fiercely within her loins. They were one and the same.

" Your will shall not conquer me" Morwenna's voice was low, governed by the severity of inner loathing. She would not wilt before him. She would wilt before no-one.

Eldarion excused himself from the ceremony with careful courtesy, Prince Elfwine impatient now: volatile. " But a moment" he soothed quietly, facing the elven brothers outright in his own study.

" Say what you will" he decreed briskly only to be stunned into silence by what they later uttered. He should have known. Valar, why did he let her out from his sight!

" I will refrain though from asking how you came by such knowledge: but I thank you. I will rally the scouting party". The King was unfathomable, implaccable in his manner. The scowl he donned, the aloof pedestal of majesty, was a man's buffer against the fear jabbbing deep at resolve. His Morwenna....captive. With a sour grimace he strode out from the chamber and took his place at the marriage alter. With fluid decorum he insisted that Morwenna was detained: ill.The congregation exchanged stunned glances, some impatient, others alluding to scandal. The Queen was stony, shaken. She took her place proudly at Eldarion's side, absolutly still save for the quickest intake of breath.

" He willl not harm her. Take faith" Her utterance was whispered and low for she noted the spark in his eyes - and she knew what he would reveal in secret even without words.

Igrania muttered a hasty curse as she was shoved back against the door. The corridors were pounded by guards, wailing women and and sullen, angry men. A strange hub, this Gondor. With a busy little sigh, the young woman resumed the meticulous probbing of her sleeve, picking at the fine golden thread. Thread from Lyonesse for that was her home.

A child of Ceinwyn's brother, she was the middle child of three, a Princess, but with no destiny to be a Queen. She had resented that once...but her aunt - beautiful yes - terribly so, and famed - yes famed, grand too. Her aunt's perfect smile was not one she wished to don without proper cause. Igrania's spirit was too sparkling, too wild to be constrained by the mantle of power. And as such, it had never been forced: this Jewel was spared. She would not be broken by dynasty. Her hair, silky chestnut - like an autumn forest - was bound in a thick braid over one shoulder, grey eyes clear. Beautiful.

" What's this then?" she piqued curiously, more to herself as she frowned, prodded open an ajar door and caught her breath. There were elves in Gondor! Two of them!

[Edited on 1/2/2007 by Etaina]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2007 09:50
Gwenneth heard the pounding of feet in the halls below the tower, and heard someone try the door. "Don't bother," another one called. "That tower has been locked for long an age. The key no longer even exists that will open it." She let out a slow breath as she heard them moving away.

There was a pain in her heart, a constriction, and she gasped softly. Her medicine was far away, in her chamber down the stairs and at the end of long halls. Gwenneth slowly stretched herself out on the tower floor anda tear trickled down her cheek. "I am sorry, my sons, that I have failed you in giving you a father who cares only for himself." These words were whispered into the darkness and she closed her eyes.

(Etaina, I am going to assume that she has come across the twins, if not I can edit this out.)

"Gwyn, naneth is missing, too, but I don't see anyone running around looking for her-" Halyn's voice broke off as his brother's eyes moved over his shoulder and he smiled.

Halyn turned, hoping to see their Naneth standing there, but instead, there was a young woman.

Gwyndr moved slowly toward her, the soft smile still playing on his lips. "Suilad." He paused and then said, "Greetings. My brother and I hope we did not startle you. We were only seeking a quiet place to converse." He held out his hand and took hers, lifting it to his lips and placing a feather soft kiss upon it. "My name is Gwyndr, and this is my brother Halyn. We are the sons of the King's dear friend lady Gwenneth. And you are?" Again he paused and then added, "Besides the loveliest young woman I have had a chance to meet in an age, that is." His smile lit up his eyes and they sparkled at her.

Halyn stared at his brother in shock. Never had Gwyndr appeared to be so enchanted by a mortal woman before...

[Edited on 2/2/2007 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 09:32
“Why?” Castlyn staggered back as if stung as Gwenneth pushed him from her and from her life.
Her voice as cold and as cutting as her eyes, drove that ice dagger deeper into his heart.

The elf closed his eyes and sighed deeply, as her razor sharp words cut deeper, but he could not deny that in part they were the truth.
He had brought her back in love, his love of her and the life that burned so pure in her, yet, because of that love, he had brought her bright soul back to the darkness and agony. This hell his dark brother had created.
And yet, if time repeated itself, and again she became lost…he would do the same thing again.

Castlyn stayed, silent, on the balcony as Gwenneth flew into the chamber, he knew that whatever he said, however much he pleaded with her, she would not listen.
“Glyndr, what madness has taken you!” the elf hissed under his breath as he heard the terrible truth. That his dark, unpredictable, and dare he think it, evil , brother had stolen Gondor’s hope and joy.
“Valar! Do not harm her” Castlyn whispered, a fear in his heart, He knew his brother. He was his brother in likeness and knew his thoughts.
Yet, Castlyn was not Glyndr in love. Glyndr loved in cold, dark, selfish possession, Castlyn loved in light and truth.

Taking a deep breath, he walked slowly into the room, his blue eyes on the twins.
His own twin did not deserve such fine sons, he hurt even them, the sons he loved, even in his cold ways.
“I play no game!” Castlyn thought, “Gwenneth,…I am NOT my brother!” his soul cried out to her, although he remained silent.

He followed with the twins as she fled the chamber, but she was soon lost to them.
Castlyn left the twins to break the news to the King, he could not face Eldarion, as a reminder of the one who had stolen his precious daughter.
He knew it was futile to even try to speak with Halyn and Gwyndr now, but he would seek them out soon, there were things that had to be said.

Running his hands through his hair he fled the palace, ignoring the gathering people, as he found sanctuary in the tiny, flower bedecked, hidden courtyard that was also Morwenna and Felyon’s safe haven.
Castlyn sat on a low wall, a tiny red flower held in the palm of his hand, he stared at the flower, Glyndr had always called Gwenneth his flower.
“Glyndr!” Castlyn snarled as he crushed the flower in his fist, “ You may be my brother, but I have lost all love I ever had for you”.

“Castlyn?” Felyon’s soft voice spoke at his side, “my dear friend what is it that troubles you so?”
Castlyn looked up into anxious moss green eyes, “What of dear Gwenneth?” the pale elf’s voice as anxious as the look in his eyes, “What of Glyndr?” he added, his voice now low, fearing the answer.

Felyon stared in horror as Castlyn told him the evil news that Morwenna was now at the mercy of Glyndr and that Gwenneth was missing.
“Oh,…oh ..dreadful, dreadful!” Felyon sat beside Castlyn on the wall his head in his hands, “they must both be found soon”, he said , a deep sadness now in his voice.

Castlyn gripped the bright emerald silk sleeve of Felyon’s robes, “Felyon , you know the palace well, we must search for Gwenneth, we must find her”.

Felyon turned to look at Castlyn, the sadness still in his eyes, “I do not know the hidden places as well as dearest Gwenneth might, but I will take you to those that I know”, he said determinedly.
“Then we go now”, Castlyn dragged the pale elf to his feet and set off back to the palace in search of the one he loved.

“A fool am I?” Glyndr snapped his head up sharply as Morwenna spoke, the cold elf had been brooding darkly, toying with a slender dagger, his stare bored into her soul, his eyes sharp points of fierce blue flame.
“I am no fool!” he snapped, stung at her insolence and scathing words, “yes, my fiery little vixen, it is an achievement…”the elf stood slowly, and then slipping the dagger into the front of his tunic, he walked towards her in his feline supple way.
“But then is it not the King who is the fool, for leaving you so unguarded that I could enter your chambers so easily?”

Glyndr gripped her by the shoulders and hauled her to her feet, “So, you shall not bow to my will my pretty?”, he growled icily, as he backed her into the corner, trapped, her back against the cold ,damp stone.
“You have all your mother’s proud spirit” the growl now a velvet purr as he pressed closer, and entwined a lock of her hair around a slender ,gold ringed finger, “Yet, why then did you not use that so unbreakable, unbendable will, and refuse to marry one whom you could never love?”

Glyndr smiled his hypnotic, enchanting smile as he stroked her face , his fingers running lightly over her pale , yet warm skin from her jawline to her neck, “Admit it to yourself my little beauty, you love another, your heart and your soul belong forever to my son”.
The dark elf looked deep into her eyes as his hand moved from her face to the dagger at his chest.
“We shall see, my angel, we shall see how long that proud spirit stays before it breaks to mine” .
In a flash of cold metal , Glyndr had cut a lock of her hair, he stepped back only a pace, the soft tress still wound around his fingers, “ A gift for your father”, he said with a cold venom, “ For this lock of hair will be all he shall ever have to see and to hold of his daughter …..They shall never find you…”.

[Edited on 3/2/2007 by elflyn]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2007 02:44
Igrania stifled a hushed exclamation, lovely face open now in its warmth. How melodic his voice was! Gwyndr yes, that was his name. And he knew the King: her uncle!

" My name is Igrania of Lyonesse - A Princess" she added without preamble, wide eyes darting from one ellon to the other. " Your words are kind, but unfounded. There are many flowers daintier then I" she agknowledged with the sweet insistance of youth before frowning as another presence staggered into the room. Breathless and dishevelled, Derrewyn - Ediths eldest daughter - observed the gathering with abrupt scorn.

" So here's where you've been hiding you moonfaced ignorant! Your cousin has not shown for her wedding - they say she is ill - but the Prince Elfwine looks sullen. Whispers are abound! she exclaimed indulgently, greedy eyes glazed. Igrania look puzzled for a moment before sighing, one creamy hand resting on her forehead.

" She should never have been left alone..."

" No - but what are you doing here anyway...talking to strangers no less..." Derrewyn piqued, great blue eyes roving over the marvellous twins. Igrania was selfish indeed: to be demanding thier attention to herself!

" Lord Hayln and - and Gwyndr" Igrania addressed them quietly, pausing briefly over the latter. To address her so forwardly....but honestly done. Puzzling - very puzzling indeed!

Morwenna winced as he ellon severed a pitch lock of hair, silky and dark as the shadows gathering at Minis Tirth. But his words etched deeper, sunk lower. Halyn...Glyndr dared utter his name....

" You do not deserve Halyn for your son. You deserving nothing but to rot slowly for all the hearts you have broken!" she piqued with hot, boiling venom.

"My mother was your friend...you could have been her friend forevermore but you turned instead, to this? To crime and donning the robes of a villan?!". Morwenna's voice was hoarse now, strained with weariness and fear. The dust began to ferment in her throat, constricting her breathing. The last thing she noted before the darkness pounced was her mother's forlorn little grimace. And then nothing: nothing.

King Eldarion was formidable that day. Dressed in the dusty, mud splattered robes of a Ranger, Prince Elfwine reigned his mount in impatiently at his side. The pair, along with an elite contingent of Rohirric and Gondorian noblemen had set of the same morning, veiled by the fortress's smouldering air of ambiguous upheavel. None noticed their departure and so, Ceinwyn maintained its pretence. Sombre and troubled, she moved deftly, consumed by the doubt, niggled by the fear. But the facade was implaccable. Serene - unmoved.

" I am quite well - please leave me" she insisted placidly enough to an irate looking maid, before stowing away to one of the most isolated fringes of Minis Tirith. But the door, as she struggled to push it, was locked. As immobile and fruitless as the very cobwebs which gathered grimly at its edges. With an irritable frown she cursed, slouching back against the door with a thump. Some things were preordained: her life had been fraut with phrophecies and promises, even as a Queen.

" Valar help us now. Someone help us!". And then, the faintest most brief little ounce of sound. Of a voice.

" Whose there? Show yourself!"
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2007 04:53
“Oh, fine words from one who has helped to break the heart of my son!” Glyndr hissed, the lock of hair clenched in his fist, his eyes a dangerous fire as he met venom with venom.

“Your mother will understand” the elf said, his voice changing imperceptibly, as he spoke her name, “Ceinwyn”, he purred, “Ceinwyn and I know each other…she will understand me exactly”, the purr returning to ice as he stepped closer to Morwenna.

“ These Royal females!” Glyndr snarled as he caught Morwenna as she fell, “Always so weak…I had thought you as strong as your mother..I was sorely wrong!”.
The Captain swept her up into his arms, and then snatching up a discarded goblet from the dust of a table, he strode out of the ‘prison’ and through the howling corridors of stark stone, through tall rooms that once sang with life, warmth and laughter.
Rooms now dead and cold, whose now glassless, arched windows stared sightless to the storm dark sky.

The dark elf swept through what once had been the gatehouse, all that remained now rusting hinges and crumbled stone, he took her to a spring that bubbled, icy cold from beneath the darkstone walls.

Glyndr knelt beside the spring, Morwenna held close against him, he filled the goblet from the crystalline waters and held her head against his chest as he placed the goblet to her lips, “drink my angel”, he said darkly, as he poured a little of the water carefully through her lips, “drink”

He smiled his infamous smile as he cupped icy water in his hand and bathed her brow, “ They are coming for you”, he said darker still, “ I sense them…but they will not find you…. and if by some misfortune the hunters find their quarry…. then they must face me…that pale, pathetic weak King, and that brat….and I am no easy warrior to defeat…”

Glyndr looked up at the cloud torn sky, his smile and his finely beautiful elven features, hiding the darkness that burned in his soul, “A storm approaches”, he said simply .

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 11:24
Igrania stifled a hushed exclamation, lovely face open now in its warmth. How melodic his voice was! Gwyndr yes, that was his name. And he knew the King: her uncle!

" My name is Igrania of Lyonesse - A Princess" she added without preamble, wide eyes darting from one ellon to the other. " Your words are kind, but unfounded. There are many flowers daintier then I" she agknowledged with the sweet insistance of youth before frowning as another presence staggered into the room. Breathless and dishevelled, Derrewyn - Ediths eldest daughter - observed the gathering with abrupt scorn.

" So here's where you've been hiding you moonfaced ignorant! Your cousin has not shown for her wedding - they say she is ill - but the Prince Elfwine looks sullen. Whispers are abound! she exclaimed indulgently, greedy eyes glazed. Igrania look puzzled for a moment before sighing, one creamy hand resting on her forehead.

" She should never have been left alone..."

" No - but what are you doing here anyway...talking to strangers no less..." Derrewyn piqued, great blue eyes roving over the marvellous twins. Igrania was selfish indeed: to be demanding thier attention to herself!

" Lord Hayln and - and Gwyndr" Igrania addressed them quietly, pausing briefly over the latter. To address her so forwardly....but honestly done. Puzzling - very puzzling indeed!

Gwyndr's eyes lit up with his smile as she told her name, and then narrowed several minutes later when the creature tumbled in from the hall. His back stiffened at the comment she made of "moonfaced ignorant" but he bit his tongue and merely nodded at her.

"I take it you are some form of" here Gwyndr paused for a moment "noble?" he finished, and Halyn wanted to kick his brother, but he needed to stifle a laugh first.

"Yes, we are the Lords Halyn and Gwyndr. Our father is a Captain in the King's Royal Army, and our mother is the Lady Gwenneth, confidante and friend of the King. They are the holders of the largest noble estate outside of the King's own properties in all of Gondor." Halyn gave a slight bow to Derrewyn. "You look familiar, my lady. Perhaps we could go for a stroll in the gardens and we could discuss where I might have seen you before..." He offered his arm, making sure she got a good look at the jewels at his cuffs, wrists, ears, and throat, as well as the ones on his fingers, as he led her from the room, leaving his brother and Igrania alone.

Gwyndr closed the door behind his brother and the shrew, thanking the Valar for a brother like Halyn. He looked at Igrania and stepped close to her, bidding her to sit, assisting her with sitting down. He poured too glasses of Elvish wine, and handed one to her, taking care to caution her about drinking it too quickly. "Please, my dear lady, take your time sipping it. It can be rather strong for one who is not of Elvish stock." He sat down across from her and said, "Tell me about yourself, Princess. Please." He flicked one of his long warrior's braids back from his face and over his shouder, to mingle with the rest of his luxurious long dark hair.

" Whose there? Show yourself!"

Gwenneth froze in her place for a moment, and then scurried to the darkest corner of the tower room. She didn't know for certain if it were her that Ceinwyn was speaking to, but she recognized the angry Queen's voice, and she knew what would happen if she was found. No, better to hide and make ceinwyn think she too had disappeared. It should not be too long before she could make her escape from the castle, from this life of dread and lies.

As she scuttled into the corner, there was a loud crack and a flash of lightning, and as it struck the roof of the tower, part of it collapsed down into the room. Gwenneth threw her arms up to protect herself, but the falling brick was too much for her and one struck her on the head, causing her world to go black, and her body to drop to the floor. She was unaware that more of the roof fell on top of her, obscuring her in a cloud of dust and pile of rubble, save for a edge of her dress.

[Edited on 14/2/2007 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 11:24
Morwenna's lips were chaffed, sore with cold: but motionless - utterly motionless. Glyndr swam briefly in and out of vision. In and out, stark and cruel. In and out.

" Mother..." the girls voice was low, barely audible in the hastening dim of thunder. The Valar are laughing at us mortals, she noted with something close to despair. They are watching us suffer and break ourselves and they are laughing. Head lolled back, hair obscuring her vision partly, the Princess hitched herself up against the cold, rough wall. Would this be her fate? Away from all that was dear...all that was close. Without preamble, Elfwine's voice echoed deftly in her mind. A memory. It's warmth was a beacon in those dark, dark hours. But of what calibre? She could not tell. No - not then.

The King donned his mantle of hunter well enough. The scouts had traced faint, very faint tracks heading south out from the city's boundaries. Eldarion's implaccable scowl did not move but rather, it deepend, etched now with grief's anxious disbelief. Glyndr would not harm his daughter - his daughter would not be harmed....The terrain grew rugged, uneven - treacherous.

" Lord, the sky!" A senteniel bellowed, voice muffled by the storms gruff rumble. Gondor's horizon was bruised by purple, great gusts of blue merging together and threatening rain: torrential and terrible. Eldarion cast one glance upwards before emitting something resembling a howl. He would not lose this fight - he would not lose!

" We ride on! We ride on!!".

Princess Igrania accepted Gwyndr's offer with relish, eyes bright in their curiosity. Briefly - very faintly - thier hands brushed. And how eloquent those hands were! From beneath lowered lips, she noted his finery - his dazzling array of charm and something else. Something beautiful.

" It is - hiccup - very pleasant" Igrania piqued, stiffling a giggle with her palm before pulling her shoulders back into some form of composure. Struth, she was behaving like a ridiculous puppy! Had he noticed? Valar pray he had not noticed!

Queen Ceinwyn swore hoarsely as the storm gathered force, sending a tremble down through the castle's stone, pulsating through, deep into Minis Tirith's Core. Without warning the wall to her right gave a violent stutter, crumbling down into a heap of dusty stone. It's force threw the woman backwards, crushing her against the opposite wall.

It seemed an age. An entire age...she had been there days surely? Yes days.....No. No - mere minutes. Slowly - tentatively - the Queen's arm crept out from the midden, and then an arm, dragging its bearer out, scrambling for stability. Dimly, she was aware of the castle's chaos. The people were screaming....But some inner scream tugged at her heart. Stumbling sideward, and with a spluttering cough, Ceinwyn's eyes almost passed over the little heap somewhere to her side. The towers inner wall had wilted and there - there - was a burst of colour. A blue so beautiful she could never, never doubt its origin.

" Gwenneth!". With a strangled wail, the woman swept over to the rubble, pale face disbelieving.

" No - fool! Foolish woman!" but to who the scorn was directed was unclear.

" Guards! Guards to your Queen! Your Queen!" Ceinwyn's resolve hardened briefly, forced now into action as the sound carried out into the mass of noise. It took agonising minutes before her call was heard. And more agonising minutes until the stones were laboriously removed. So few now...so few now to go.....
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2007 08:56
Glyndr still smiled that beautiful, yet deadly smile at the storm filled sky, “’t’will be a storm from the dark depths of evil” he hissed, barely a whisper as the first drops of heavy rain began to fall, the rain becoming heavier as thunder rolled in the distance, and vivid lightning rent the towering clouds, ominous and black.

The dark elf looked down at Morwenna, still held in his arms, her face illuminated briefly as lightning flashed blue, that blue reflected in Glynd’rs ice crystal eyes, and sending dark shadows across the water.
“Mother?” Glyndr’s eyes flashed again as a bolt of lightning struck a tree close by, shattering it in a ball of blue fire, “Your mother will understand”, he said again, his voice as cold as the rain.

The Captain shook his soaked, raven dark hair from his eyes , those eyes fixed on Morwenna, “You are your mother’s daughter”, he purred , as he stroked her rain soaked face with a slender finger, that ice cold touch moving down her neck to the dip in her gown.
“Beautiful” the purr became lower as he kissed her, “As beautiful and as wild, and yet..” the elf said with a cold venom, “there is something of your pathetic father in you that marrs such perfection”.

In an instant, Glyndr looked up sharply, “They are close” he hissed, “We cannot stay here, we must be gone from this place”.
The elf stood quickly, Morwenna held tightly in his arms as he called to his horse.
The elvish stallion half reared and with a squeal was at his side in moments.

Glyndr, placed Morwenna on the animal’s silver coated back then leapt up behind her, holding her again in his cold embrace as they flew across the storm lashed, dark hills and moors.
They flew with the storm winds over black and shining rock, through rivulets now muddy torrents and over crumbling walls of wet stone.

Glyndr followed a rushing stream upwards towards its source and to the place he sought.
They came at last to that place, a tower of pale stone, the remnants of a lesser noble’s fortress.
Again they rode through gate of rotting wood and through rain streaked walls of slime covered stone and into the innermost chamber.

The dark elf Captain, carried Morwenna once again into his lair, where he placed her on the cold stone of the floor, binding now her ankles as well as her wrists.
“Now let the hunters find our trail”, he snarled as he threw his cloak over her in a rare gesture of concern for her warmth.
“let them try”, he snarled again as he went to sit on the ledge of a window, dark figure as wild and as dark as the storm, “ Tomorrow’s light will find us gone from here”.

“Oh Castlyn”, Ferlyon stopped, his hands to his head as they found no trace of Gwenneth , “this secret place is the last I know”, he said anguish in his soft voice, “Dear Gwenneth, where is she?”
Castlyn said nothing, his heart still burning with anger at his twin, and the desperate need to find Gwenneth ,even if she had rejected him . Castlyn cared deeply for her, and always would.

“Oh Valar!” Felyon stared in horror as he heard the dreadful rumble of falling stone, then after, in a brief silence, the voice of the Queen calling to her Guards.
Castlyn and Felyon exchanged brief glances before running towards her call.

“Oh my Queen!” Felyon looked in horror at his dust covered, yet still magnificent Queen.
“Are you hurt my Queen? The elf moved forward anxiously then stopped as he saw the beautiful blue, the blue that Ceinwyn had so readily recognised.
“Gwenneth!” Felyon was devastated, “My dear Gwenneth”.

Castlyn walked forward slowly, his eyes on that blue, he stopped close, “My Queen”, he said in a calm, clear voice, “I offer you any assistance you might need”.
The dark haired elf tore his eyes away from the industrious guards as they tore at the stones, and looked directly at Ceinwyn, “ I am not my brother” he said with a cold finality, “ I am not Glyndr, allow me to offer you my services in any way I can”.

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 21, 2007 11:22
Princess Igrania accepted Gwyndr's offer with relish, eyes bright in their curiosity. Briefly - very faintly - thier hands brushed. And how eloquent those hands were! From beneath lowered lips, she noted his finery - his dazzling array of charm and something else. Something beautiful.

" It is - hiccup - very pleasant" Igrania piqued, stiffling a giggle with her palm before pulling her shoulders back into some form of composure. Struth, she was behaving like a ridiculous puppy! Had he noticed? Valar pray he had not noticed!

Gwyndr had indeed noticed how quickly the young Princess was becoming intoxicated, and while the thought occurred to him that he could easily take advantage of the young woman, the next thought turned his stomach.

A bit like your father, are you?

That was enough to make Gwyndr decide that the young Princess needed air more than seduction, and he graciously offered his arm to her that he might escort her outside and to the gardens.

Four of the guards carried the litter upon which lay the broken body of Lady Gwenneth. Her skin was bruised by the heavy bricks, turned purplish black in numerous places, and there were several bleeding wounds, one on her head, another on her leg.

The guards were silent as they carried her to a room far from the one she had previously occupied, one that had been unused for many years in its own wing of the castle. There was a grand room, and then two smaller bedrooms attached. The boys would share this suite with their mother, and everyone else would be made to believe that Gwenneth had died. Everyone else except the royal family themselves.

When the head of the housekeeping staff had suggested moving the Lady Gwenneth, she had expected to be rebuffed. When the idea was declared sound, she and her staff had hurried to clean the room and make it ready.

Now as Gwenneth was laid down on the bed in silent repose, and the boys were fetched to their new quarters, the news began to make its circuit around the city of Minas Tirith that the Lady Gwenneth was dead.

Halyn had wandered down to the lake and back with Derrewyn, and was relieved to see his brother slipping out a door in the garden with the Princess. He took Derrewyn closer to the steps of the castle to keep the pair in the garden out of her sight, and made arrangements to meet the noblewoman that evening for a moonlit stroll.

He had just gone back in alone when his brother rushed up to him and in hushed tones, told him what had happened. Gwyndr had been approached by a guard in the garden and informed of what happened, and he had had to ask the Princess to excuse him until later.

The brothers went to the new quarters in utter silence, slipping through the halls as silent as shadows.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2007 10:51
Eldarion cursed hoarsely as he stumbled down from the saddle. Exhausted and drowning in his own fear, the King barked an order over to his secondary, Lord Slynor.

" The trail has gone cold Lord...but they were here. See" he pointed one gnarled hand up at a rotting wooden hut, perched upon a cave. It was desolute: utterly so.

" The beast holed my daughter up here?" Eldarion growled darkly, cuffing at the rain has it coroused down his face, smearing the muck over his cheekbones. Darting carefully up the muddy slope, the King's nose wrinkled in disgust as the stench of decay and dust attacked his nostrils. It was a hovel, alone and forsaken in Gondor's provinces - but it was an empty hovel with no life force left in its timbres.

" They have at least a hald a days start ahead of us Lord King. Especially as she is with an elf: they are notoriously swift" Lord Slynor's stern face softened for a moment as he followed his King's glance. Crouching, Eldarion cupped something carefully, so carefully in his palm - a lock of hair. Black: pitch as the night.

" Morwenna" he almost whispered, shaking his head. For a moment he became still, quite still. And then, without preamble, he rose, aloof and fierce as ever.

" We ride north. My senses will do the rest. Now - we ride now, no rest until she is found!"

Queen Ceinwyn responded to Feylon with a stunted, almost blank little shrug. Staring wordlessly at the furious bustle about her, the woman felt detatched, dangling between grief and confusion. Gwenneth was not dead: and yet she would have Gondor believe so. It was not hard to fey grief for the Queen - just the image of the elleths limp, motionless figure was enough to startle her heart to stillness. With one enormous gulp, more to settle herself, she shook the dust meticulously from her gown. And then, only then, did she note Castlyn - as if her eyes were only just seeing, only just sensing the disaster unfolding about her.

" I know of your calibre. And I do not judge" she assured, voice measured to be sure. But not unkindly - far from it. With one sorrowful smile she nodded, emitting a low order out to the guards. Castlyn was to be thier Commander, for now. He was to oversee the restoration of the castle: an honour.

" A cloak please. I require a cloak" she stipulated quite quietly to an anxious-faced maid. Seated on a stool aside Gwenneth's bed, she waited, waited for the elleths sons, her family to appear. And all the while, she was motionless. Completely.

" Gwenneth - can you hear me?" Ceinwyn whispered earnestly out into the silence, lips perced, eyes pleading.

" Come back to the light. Come back to us!"

Igrania nodded clumsily as Gwnydr hastily excused himself. With one wobbly step she leaned back against the stone pillar, careful to stay beneath the canopies and out of the rain. And many thoughts flittered through her mind, danced across her vision. All pleasant - all wistful.

" I could love him". The words did not seem to stutter so easily out from her mouth. But they did, formed by something deeper. Formed by a wish. Her wish. She had only met him that morning, but its imprint was as virile and potent as the culmination of a destiny. Sighing, she turned to be met with Derrewyn's lofty grin, sensuous and self-satisfied.

" I am meeting the Lord Halyn later. He is fine, is he not cousin?" she challenged stonily, emitting a dreamy chuckle before, side-stepping over some pebbles and casting one lingering glance over at Igrania's guarded smile, she frowned.

" I am better then you. Do not ever forget that"

[Edited on 8/3/2007 by Etaina]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2007 03:05
Gwyndr and halyn were both startled into further silence by the presence of the Queen in the suite they were to share with their mother. Both made sketchy bows, Halyn's eyes sorrowful, gwyndr's most curious, as they sat down on the opposite edge of the bed from where the Queen sat and they both looked from their mother's still form to that of the Queen Ceinwyn.

"I-We- are sorry for the tragedies that have befallen this House since our return from the estate to the north," Halyn said softly to Ceinwyn. "Our mother wanted so badly to return here for years, to the place where she was happy, and the place she has called home for so long. Our father would not allow it. he is conceited and hates the King with such passion, both because the King has you for a Queen, and because our mother's loyalty has always been to King Eldarion first and foremost."

"Do you know what our mother has endured at the hands of our father, simply because she would not let her loyalty to the King of Gondor flag? He has taunted her with other women and dreams of being with you, Ceinwyn, a fact I believe you are well aware of. Yet he puts down my mother and her affection for the King, and this country, and has made her feel second best to you in every way. That was why my mother's grief was so strong when she found out that my brother would not be able to court your daughter, even though anyone with eyes could see the love that sprouted between them the moment their eyes met," Gwyndr said hotly, while his brother turned scarlet. "There has been no other servant of Gondor as faithful to her king and country as my mother, and yet she is looked upon as a common servant, one not good enough for the House of Gondor because she does not have noble blood." His voice dropped lower and he said softly, "There is no one of nobler blood than my mother. One would think that the Royal family of Gondor would welcome a fresh dose of Elvish blood, but no-we are not good enough. My mother is not good enough. So tell me, my Queen, why is it that you sit at my mother's bedside when half the time you have believed her to be concocting schemes behind your back, and the rest of the time you don't even lower yourself to think about her?"

Gwyndr got up and slammed into the next room, and Halyn sat there speechless for a moment, and then said quietly, "My Queen, my brother, my twin-his words may be harsh, but he has borne in silence what both of us have been feeling all our lives. I have at least had an outlet for my feelings, as I write and draw, but Gwyndr has always been the one to hold his temper in check so as not to cause more burden upon our mother." Halyn paused and said, "My mother told me once she knew when she met you that you would make an exquisite Queen for King Eldarion, and that she despised her behaviour toward you , hated the jealousy and rage that she felt, because she believes it cost her a deep and meaningful friendship with you. She said she has tried to make amends, but that her heart has been scarred and broken too many times for her to be able to let go of everything. Lady Gwenneth, my mother, has wished that my uncle had not brought her back after death, that he had seen fit to let her lie in cold earth so her pain would end. Her pain, and the pain she has caused others. I hope you understand that my brother does not hate you, nor do I. Rather, we love our mother and wish in vain we could see her suffering at an end, without losing her to death. But I fear that is not to be."

He too rose, but he went only as far as the fireplace, where he silently stirred the ashes for a moment, until they revived and greedily licked the log in the fire. "And pray, my Queen, do not tell me that it is society and what others would say that has kept Morwenna and I apart. The King of Gondor and his Queen could defy everyone, and set a new standard for marriage, but neither one of you have that desire to. Whether it is because of the reasons my brother believes it to be or not, I do not know. But I shall pray for Morwenna's safe return, for her happy marriage and fruitful life, and I shall go to my grave knowing that I was loved by her at one time, and that my life, though it will be spent alone, is fuller because i have felt the touch of her love on my heart."

The gossips of Gondor did their work quickly, and within two hours of the collapse of the tower, nearly everyone on every level of the great city of Minas Tirith knew of the death of Lady Gwenneth. Many had known her throughout the time she had lived in the White City before, and so a sense of grief settled over the city, not only for her, but for the rumors of the great illness that had overtaken the Princess Morwenna on, of all days, her wedding day.

Gwenneth's sister Anorwen collapsed in shock upon hearing of her sister's death.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2007 08:28
Glyndr sat, a silent, motionless sentinel on the ledge of cold , wet stone, he seemed as if sleeping, yet deep in his cold heart he was plotting the downfall of Eldarion.
“Gwenneth!” the dark elf leapt up suddenly, his voice choked with a fear he had never felt before, a fear that tore him apart.
He had sensed the falling and destruction of the tower, and of his Gwenneth.

“ She must still live!” he shouted to the storm ripped sky, cursing the Valar and the King, “ Gwenneth must live!”.
He faced the path they had taken looking towards Gondor with wild eyes as the rain fell ever sharper, torrents of sleet and hail. Torn between fleeing ever further from that cursed city, and returning to his Flower. He needed to know the truth.

“We go back”, he hissed as he swept Morwenna up into his arms and onto the pale horse, “I shall take the secret ways, those that follow will never know of our return”
Glyndr was cunning; he knew the path that would take them close to the city, he would hide Morwenna safely where no one could find her, then know the truth of Lady Gwenneth .
“ The storm shall be our cover”, he growled as he turned the horse’s head back towards Gondor.

Castlyn bowed, “ I am honoured my Queen”, he said quietly, At least she had not marked him with his brother’s evil, and gave her trust.
“I shall begin my duties at once”.
He bowed again, and with one last look at Gwenneth, the one who meant everything to him, he turned and shouting instructions to the guards to follow, he swept out of the ruin and did not look back.
His heart breaking as he realised, that this time she would not come home to his call, he would never see that radiant smile, or look into those wonderful, sparkling eyes, not now, not ever again in this world.
Castlyn’s heart and happiness died with Gwenneth.

Felyon stood, a forlorn figure, alone amongst the ruin, his hands clasped at his chest, his world shattered.
Morwenna had been stolen, his dear friend Glyndr had been taken by some strange madness and now his dear, dear friend Gwenneth had left him so tragically.

The pale elf turned slowly and walked away, he wandered aimlessly, not caring where he was, rain mingling with the silent tears he shed for Morwenna, Glyndr and most of all for hid dearest Gwenneth.

“The twins”, he thought with a deeper sorrow, “I shall seek them out. How deep their sorrow must be at this time”.
Felyon wiped the rain and tears from his face with a trembling hand , then turned back towards the palace , hoping to find someone who would take a message to Halyn and Gwyndr.

Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2007 09:18
The Queen absorbed the ellon's rant with the brisk ease of a courtier. But to say that it did not strike a gnash to her heart? Fingering the gold ring upon her left forefinger she let out one long, pained sigh. Such a mess, she seeth morosely...such a sordid mess....Upturning her sturdy, blue gaze at Hayln, she almost smiled. Almost.

" You are a good being. Perhaps we have all noted our faults too late - no-one is blameless in all of this. Not your mother, my husband...my daughter: or me" she added without preamble, voice low. Looking briefly over to Gwenneth, Ceinwyn shook her shoulders as if it would dash the dregs of sorrow, the overwhelming surge of dread away into the abyss. But the abyss was her soul - and its gap Morwenna's continued absence.

" Your mother and I - we often felt those familiar partners towards each other. Hate and Love - jealousy and pride. Our fate was that turbulance should be our friend...rather then each other. But I never knew she thought so well of me. She never said" Ceinwyn breathed huskily, one palm stroking the elleth's forehead as softly as if it were her errant daughters.

" You see...I am not as icy as you would have believe" she mused aloud, voice controlled now but laced - just a touch - with that bitter chime of irony. Majesty had worked many wonders over this wild Soarian Princess...but travesty's also. Oh yes. All that glitters is not gold.

" Halyn - I do believe my daughter loved you. I also believe that if her fortitude holds true, she will hold your flame until after this fiasco ends. And long after it. I was told never to lose hope...I have a mind now to offer you the same solace with regards to my daughter" Even as the words stumbled slowly out from her lips, the Queen felt that familiar stir of premonition. The tapestry of Gondor's royalty it appeared, had not yet been woven.....

Igrania entered then, softly and with great unease. Looking briefly from the ellon to her Aunt, she offered Halyn a timid little smile before dashing over to Ceinwyn.

" Aunt. There is news...news from the scouts..."

Morwenna drifted sluggishly from consciousness to a haze of purple.....no, no blue. Royal blue, deep and fierce. She was walking now, straight and taunt with the echoes of her forefathers. And was that - could it be? Yes! It was a smile she wore on her face, dazzling in its loveliness. Everything seemed poignant: vivid - the people watching from beside the great central aisle, the silk banners draped in lush swathes from corner to corner. She was home, in the Great Hall of Minis Tirith. But that was not the euphoric joy jostling to take flight in the very depths of her stomach....its source tettered on the edge of her vision. A golden figure: a beacon.

" Love.." her voice was hoarse as it tumbled clumsily out from parched lips. Casting a weak glance upwards, she noted Glyndr's firm outline. He looked troubled...greatly so. But the question hung emptily in the silence, filled now by the thunderous racour above. The storm seemed to pound shrilly through her skull, its force sending a shiver down her loins.

" I do not feel well" she managed to mutter, strength sapping.

" Please end this! By the Valar, take me back Glyndr! You can have no hope of acheiving anything by doing this!"

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 08:13
Gwyndr heard the sound of Igrania's voice, and immediately reentered the room, standing by the door and smiling at her softly. His eyes studied her and the way she stood, seeming unsure of herself as she looked around.

"News from the scouts?" Halyn repeated, his heart pounding in his chest. "Is it good news? Have they found them?"

Gwyndr stepped forward and put his hand on his brother's shoulder. "Halyn, restrain yourself, my brother. Let the lovely lady speak." Again he smiled at her to encourage her.

Gwenneth was caught once again in the maelstrom of emotions that buffeted her soul from side to side. She knew what waited for her should she give up her soul, and she knew her sons waited in the other direction for her. The only question was, how could she choose? If she bid the world of the living goodbye, it would destroy her sons, and if she rejoined the land of the living, she faced more heartache wrought by Glyndr....
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 08:00
“I can, and I will achieve everything my little beauty”, Glyndr shook cold rain from his hair as he glanced down at the pale figure held captive in his arms once again.
“We shall go back towards Gondor, but only as far as that place where I shall keep you hidden, while I seek to find what has befallen my wife” the dark elf smiled a cold smile, “Then we shall flee these lands forever”.

He looked back again towards the paths they had already come, then holding her closely to him, he urged his horse forward towards those hidden, winding paths beyond.
“Those hounds that hunt us will not know that we pass them on our return, they shall fly onwards in their futile attempt to hunt me down” .

Glyndr rode fast into the storm, white water flying from beneath the stallion’s hooves. They rode for some time, Glyndr brooding darkly as he considered his Gwenneth’s fate.
He slowed a little, although still some distance from that hiding place he sought.
The elf sensed that Morwenna spoke the truth, and that she was not well.
“We must rest a while”, he spoke at last, as he turned the horse towards the cover of a small copse, and a rocky outcrop that formed a perfect natural fortress.

“Come my little one”, Glyndr glanced once at the storm rent sky before he lifted Morwenna from Sylstar’s rain soaked back “You shall rest a while, before we journey further”.
Once again he carried her into a prison of rock.

Wrapping the fragile girl in his cloak, he placed her in the driest part of the rock fortress, then went once again to sit as a dark sentinel at the entrance, “Soon Gwenneth” he thought, half afraid of what he might find, “soon I shall know the truth of your fate my Flower, You cannot have gone from me …No…I should know it in my soul”.
Glyndr lifted his head slowly and turned towards the slender form wrapped in his cloak, Cold ice blue eyes spoke his thoughts, “Gondor shall lose its princess. Morwenna will be lost to them forever..No other is worthy of her but my son..No mortal puppy shall have her as his bride….” .

Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 09:11

** hope you don't mind me securing Glyndr's arrest Elflyn!! Can change it if you do..no worries ) **

Caer strung the bow deftly. The elf was close...so close. He was aware of the Rangers poised soundlessly for his command but he waited: patiently so. The moon chased stars out and over Gondor's northern horizon - northwards towards Minis Tirith. The man's eyes were snared for a moment at thier beauty, the promise of their sparkle and yet, as schooled and intent as a determined hunter, his attention turned back to his pray. To Glyndr. Without the slight of a whisper, his arrow snapped briskly out from the bow, soared and then landed, square above the elf's left chestbone.

Stepping out from the shadows, plainly robed and solemn, his steely eyes were aloof as they watched the poision meander its way swiftly up the elfs throat and into his face. It was not lethal - nor toxic. But it was a drug of great zeal. The other scouts feathered out into the open, rekeying the broken landscape whilst Caer, binding the elfs wrist, removed the weapons from the captives pouch.

" What a fruitless exploit" he mused quietly. They had been on thier way to Gondor when the messenger had come to intercept them from Queen Ceinwyn herself. Find my daughter, she had urged. Bring her home. Caer of Dol Amroth had obliged. Naturally so. He oversaw as Glyndr was hoisted carefully over a horses rump and the Princess, unconcsious and in the cusp of delerium, was handed over to Caer himself.

" You are safe" he stipulated, quite simply. He was a man of brisk efficency, fair and respected. The night began to lessen as the company grew closer to Minis Tirth. The Princess's slumber deepened as her shrill whispers grew sparse: perhaps her subconcious will had noted her safety even whilst her waking self had not.

Few people woke to see them canter wildly through the town: it was too early. But the stewards were present and the fanfare sounded. Morwenna had returned, her assailant was captive....and Prince Caer of Dol Amroth had arrived.

Igrania's cheeks donned a hue of husky rose as she offered Gwnydr a small, timid little smile.

" A group of horsemen have been sighted on the horizon. They were bearing the standard of Dol Amroth...my Queen..they had with them - if rumour is true -" she added hastily before continuing in a flourish

" Morwenna....and: and - the Lord Glyndr"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2007 10:14
Igrania's cheeks donned a hue of husky rose as she offered Gwnydr a small, timid little smile.

" A group of horsemen have been sighted on the horizon. They were bearing the standard of Dol Amroth...my Queen..they had with them - if rumour is true -" she added hastily before continuing in a flourish

" Morwenna....and: and - the Lord Glyndr"

"Dol Amroth?" Gwyndr asked. "You certainly went quite the distance to find someone who could locate my father, Queen Ceinwyn."

Halyn hurried to his mother's side. She had begun tossing her head back and forth upon the mention of Glyndr's name. "Shhh, Ammë. All will be well, I promise you."

Gwyndr offered Ceinwyn a hand up and said softly, "Go tend to your daughter. We as sons have no desire to see our father, and would like an assurance that our mother will not be disturbed by him again."

Halyn looked over at Ceinwyn and said softly, "Please, if you would, offer my apologies to Morwenna for what was done to her. The Princess of Gondor deserves a life free of wickedness. I shall pray to the Valar that she forgets this tragedy and that she has a good life after this, in her marriage as well." He turned away then, his eyes burning with tears unshed. He could not have his precious Morwenna, but he could offer prayers that her life be a good one. It was all he really could do, he realized.

Gwyndr looked at his brother and then stood a little taller. "Queen Ceinwyn, if I may accompany you and the Princess Igrania to where Morwenna is, I would like to convey that message from my brother to her myselfif she is able to hear it. I as well wish no ill will upon her, and I would like to be present to apologize for the actions of the elf that we regretably call our father, and to thank whoever it was that put our father's insanity to rest."

In Gwenneth's mind, she saw the looming figure of Glyndr over her, and she cried out in a mix of anger and hurt and betrayal, ready to fling anything at hand at him if he got too close...then something happened...the image shifted and shimmered and it became one different from Glyndr...she could not see him clearly...but her fear and terror was gone once he drew near.
She heard Glyndr inside her head, crying out in pain and agony, and she looked down at a sharp pain that rattled her chest. She saw blood spilling from her and as she screamed, she sat up on the bed and opened her eyes, frantically trying to stop the bleeding that was not there.

"Ammë!" Halyn called out. He pulled her arms to her sides and hugged her to himself, and Gwyndr sat down on the other side of the bed and took her hand in his.

Gwenneth looked up into the face of ceinwyn. "I..I.." She took a deep breath and tried again. "I am so sorry, Ceinwyn. I am so sorry." Gwenneth crumbled then, leaning on her boys for support as she sobbed for a moment and then looked back at her Queen. "Is he dead? Is Lord Glyndr dead? An arrow pierced him and I know he fell. But I must know if I am free of him at last. My soul is cold to him, so I do not feel him anymore."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2007 07:31
Sunk so deeply into dark thoughts, and thoughts of Gwenneth, Glyndr did not sense the arrow until the last second before the dart tore in a sharp agony into his chest.
“Valar! No!” the elf cried out in shock and pain, the force of the arrow knocking him back against the wall and onto his knees.

“No!” he snarled , he grasped at the arrow as if to tear it from his chest, furious now, “I will not be taken!”
Glyndr fought the poison’s effects as he fell onto his back, losing the battle as he felt the coldness of the drug coursing in his blood, working its evil.
“Gwenneth” he gasped her name as he struggled for breath, the iciness of his skin warmed only by the blood that spread over his chest, and ran in a crimson river onto the rain soaked ground.
The elf looked up at the bright stars that shone between ragged clouds, the storm was almost over.
The stars dimmed, flickered and faded into darkness.
Glyndr was not aware of his attacker’s approach, or of his being thrown across a horse.
His dreams were darker still as he tried in vain to reach out to her, to his Gwenneth.
“Why have you abandoned me?” Glyndr’s soul screamed, “Flower..you are lost to me”.
He could not find her bright light in that darkness. He was alone.

Castlyn had been carrying out the duties that the Queen had entrusted him with, and was returning to the courtyard when he felt his brother fall.
“Glyndr” Castlyn staggered back doubling over as he felt the arrow’s bite, a burning in his chest, “Glyndr, my mad, foolish brother..they have found you”.
Taking a deep breath to steady himself, Castlyn turned and ran, certain that his twin had now been brought back to the city, he needed to know if the princess Morwenna had also returned, he prayed she had not been harmed or defiled by the brother he had learned to hate.

Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2007 01:53
Prince Caer and his company was lodged in a seprate wing of the royal chambers. Here the young man stripped his dusty garments, bathed and redressed in a tunic of rich velvet black. The Princess had been steeled away into the Houses of Healing as they'd cantered, muddy and wearisome into Minis Tirth's main gates. Taking a small gulp of the mulled wine that had been left on trestle, The Prince took to pacing before the hearth. Caer's presence was habitually one of infinite grace - a schooled calm, but watchful. His lieutenant kicked aimlessly at his boots, emitting a low whistle as the apartments granduer.

" City of dreams they call this. I can see why - I wonder when its King will return". Caer responded with a shrug, proud dark eyes thoughtful. Brunin arched a featherly eyebrow, hazel eyes dancing.

" Your spirits are restless my Prince. Did you dream last night?". Caer gave a preoccupied nod. His dreams had indeed been strange of late, shaded - but by light. And a soothed by the balmy whispers of...a woman?

" I thought our jaunt would ease them. And yet I find myself caught up in a Royal rescue mission!" And the itch - the pique of his gut, had not withered.

" Our prisoner was lucid until the poision took him. He even rambled in his sleep - Gwenneth! Gwenneth!" Brunin mimicked loftily, dismissing the words with a low chuckle. Caer's head rose a notch at the name. Gwenneth.

" And yet he was courting danger by snatching the Princess. Whoever she was, she must have knocked his reasoning." Caer mused curiously before adding, quite simply.

" Perhaps we should visit this woman then. Set her mind at east as well as ours - for this eld 'Lord' will not be seeing freedom but a very, very long time..."

Queen Ceinwyn's turquoise eyes grew moist, doused with reliefs evocative delierium. Morwenna was safe - Gwenenth was awake. And Glyndr captured.

" Valar be praised" she murmured breathlessly, allowing a small sob to form before she caught her breath, shaking her head down at the elleth.

" Never say sorry to me again. We are friends now - and I promise you - as a Queen - Glydnr will never harm you again". The conviction behind Ceinwyn's voice was bold with absolute steel. Cuffing tenderly at the elleths tears she rose and nodded ascention to Gwyndr.

" As you wish"

The Princess was somewhat dazened as her lids fluttered open to the world. It was dim - grey voile curtains whispered with the breeze from the open balcony. A fruit bowl was perched upon a side table and everything seemed tainted with the same etheral glow of blue. Hoisting herself stiffly upright, she winced as a raw rod of pain hammered through her skull. The memories were slow to come - distant and hazy. For the nonce though, she shook them forth. She could not bear them yet. No. Not yet.

The door was edged fractionally open then. Fighting to steady her vision, the Princess let out a muffled sob as the Queen came dashing in, perched herself on the stool set aside the bedhead, and encompased Morwenna in the fiercest of hugs. Her daughter was safe - she alive. If alittle brusied.

" Sweetest child I never lost hope! I knew you would return to us - I knew it!" Ceinwyn wept earnestly, the hollows beneath her eyes darker in the mellow dim of Morwenna's dorter. The Princess managed a shaky laugh, eyes full of questions she didn't have the strength to ask. Her eyes were snared though then as Gwyndr's slender figure formed quietly in the doorway and behind him, the nimble litheness of Igrania.

The Soarian Princess gulped back a sob, eyes sparkling as she watched mother and daughter resurface from the midden of previous despair.

" Perhaps all will be well yet" she mused ever so quietly. Perhaps.

[Edited on 19/5/2007 by Etaina]

[Edited on 19/5/2007 by Etaina]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2007 03:22
(Etaina, hon, I am assuming Prince Caer and his contingent are going to seek out Gwenneth. If I am wrong, I will rewrite this post, or at least the part that pertains to the Prince of Dl Amroth.)

Gwenneth bade Halyn find one of the maids to fetch her a hot bath, and she sat in it for a good while after it was prepared. The soothing scents of lavender and rose mingled in her hair and on her skin as she bathed and soaked, trying to keep her thoughts away from Glyndr. If she thought about him, he would know. He would sense it.

Her hand reached up to her throat, and she fingered the ruby flower around her neck. Then she grabbed it and ripped the necklace from her, and handed it to the maid. "Have Halyn dispose of this. Have him crush it and then dispose of it in the fire. I never want to see it again."

The maid nodded and slipped from the room, delivering both pendant and message to Halyn. He nodded silently, taking the necklace by the chain and carrying it over by the fireplace and crushing the flower under his heel. He swept the remains into the fire, including the chain, and looked up in time to see his mother come back into the room, dressed in a beautiful deep green velvet gown, her hair unfettered by pins or ribbons, but hanging loose and cascading down her back and over her shoulders.

"Ammë, you look beautiful." He was stunned by the serene look on her face, a face that had been pale and seemingly lifeless not long before, but now was rose-tinged and content.

"Thank you, Halyn. I appreciate that, and I also appreciate the fact that you and your brother sat for so long by my side. Perhaps you should go out into the garden and get some air. Or seek out the Princess and give her my best."

"I cannot, Ammë. I must stay away from the princess. She will be wed to another, you know that."

Gwenneth nodded and said softly, "And you should maintain a friendship with her, ion nin. I knew Eldarion would wed someone else and maintained a friendship with him."

"And look where it has gotten you! Pain and suffering and hatred and anger!" Halyn stopped short. "I'm sorry, Ammë. I did not mean to raise my voice."

Gwenneth smiled and said, again softly, in a voice much like a whisper, "The pain and suffering and hatred and anger did not stem from my friendship with Eldarion. It was spawned by my marriage to your father. A marriage that I no longer wish to be a part of. your father is evil, Halyn, and I don't know how I did not notice it before. But I will not subject myself any longer to his abuse." She held out her hand to her son and said, "Please, Halyn. Go out and get some fresh air. You need it."

He smiled at her and said softly, "I will seek the refuge of the balcony, then, Ammë. It is blocked by walls on two sides, and most of the front is trellissed with ivy on it, so it is very private. I would not wish to be seen on the grounds now that Glyndr is back." He kissed her cheek and slipped onto the balcony, pointedly ignoring the expression on his mother's face at his use of his father's first name rather than "Ada."

he had nearly reached the doors when a maisd came in breathless. "my Lady, there are several members of the Dol Amroth contingent seeking you out. Should I tell them where to find you?"

Gwenneth looked startled, then said softly, again in the near-whisper, "If those responsible for saving the Princess from Lord Glyndr wish an audience, by all means. Who am I to deny a host of royalty from Dol Amroth?" A whisper of a thought slipped through her mind and she added softly, "Especially Prince Caer."

Halyn looked at his mother in surprise. "Amme? You know Prince Caer of Dol Amroth?"

She smiled softly and said, "In a manner of speaking. Lilia, please tell the Prince he and his contingent are welcome in my chambers, provided that they give me a few moments to settle myself in the seating area. Do not tell him, of course, that I am in bed, currently." The maid nodded and hurried out, and Gwenneth held her hand to her son. "Please, Halyn, give me assistance to the chairs, and then go out onto the balcony. Your expression indicates much mistrust, and I do not wish for anyone else to be offended by any member of this family."

Halyn could not object, since a wave of hostility had washed over him at the news that his mother was being sought by the one who had saved his precious Morwenna and arrested his father. "If I hear any indication that he intends to accuse you..."

"I doubt the Prince intends any such thing, Halyn. please, now, go."

He nodded and disappeared out of sight on the balcony, still acutely aware of everything happening in his mother's rooms.

" Sweetest child I never lost hope! I knew you would return to us - I knew it!" Ceinwyn wept earnestly, the hollows beneath her eyes darker in the mellow dim of Morwenna's dorter. The Princess managed a shaky laugh, eyes full of questions she didn't have the strength to ask. Her eyes were snared though then as Gwyndr's slender figure formed quietly in the doorway and behind him, the nimble litheness of Igrania.

Gwyndr stepped forward and said softly, "My Princess, I am here with your mother's permission. I bear a message to you from my brother, Lord Halyn. He expresses his great relief at your safe return, and he prays that the rest of your life be filled with happiness and free from wickedness." He paused and added, eyes downcast, "My mother, my brother and I all feel such great sorrow and outrage that such a thing was done to you, My Princess. We offer our condolences that Lord Glynder has behaved in such a horrid manner, one so beneath a noble. We ask that you not look poorly on the rest of our family, but instead, accept our wishes for your future as sincere."
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 09:58
Morwenna's eyes grew misty as she listened to Gwyndr's slow, melodic voice. Without conscious thought she moved to stumble out from her bed but the weakness - the frailty of her limbs, cast a shadow over an otherwise formidable will. Desperate, forlorn, the young Princess managed to gulp back a sob.

" Mother - I have come back" It was incongurable. To have escaped one prison to be returned to the other. To a loveless, dutiful marriage. Ceinwyn's pale face grew taunt as she watched her daughter wordlessly. She had averted one disaster by bringing Morwenna back to Minis Tirith. Now perhaps - now, she could begin the weaving of a new tapestry.A better one.

" Bring him" she ordered quietly.

Igrania exhaled a slight breathe at the stony rumble of Ceinwyn's tone. She had heard it before. Decisive - the toll of judgement. And yet, staring over at the Queen, she wagered it was perhaps, a better fate that awaited her cousin. Just perhaps. And anyhow, she mused casting a sombre glance over at Gwyndr. How could anyone judge the brothers by thier father? They were marvelllous. He was marvellous.

Prince Caer entered with his usual modium of quiet pride. The elleth was composed in the seating area now after the contingent had been ushered in from the corridor. A few minutes of waiting had stiffened Brunin's jaw before it mellowed at the sight of her loveliness.

" Greetings" Caer offered, poignantly aware of her proximity. And of something else. That pique! Something was familiar...something! Brunin stumbled into a bow, prompting an amused smile from his Prince. Caer veiled his wonder swiftly, dark, dark eyes devoid of Glyndr's malice. But doused - alight with the majestic calm of his people.

" I have come to offer my respects. I wanted to do it personally - It was myself...my honour guard that captured your - husband?" his voice rose questionably. Morning's first light danced dimly over his features. Strong and sharp. He wondered then, if she too noted the stir of air between them. Was his usually sober mind playing tricks? Caer was a man not given to wistful fantasies. He was a man of habit - of solid practicality. Why then, did his gut sparkle?

[Edited on 21/5/2007 by Etaina]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 06:39
Gwyndr stared at the Queen for a moment and then said, "As you wish, my Queen." He smiled at Igrania, and then rushed out the door, down the corridors until finally arriving with a screeching halt outside the suite given the twins and their mother.

There were several unknown persons outside the door, flanking it on both sides. he looked curiously at them and said, "If I may, why are you standing outside my mother's suite?" Upon hearing that they were there because Prince Caer of Dol Amroth was inside visiting his mother, Gwyndr stood a little straighter and said, "I see."

He entered the room quietly and stood by the door, watching the Prince's interaction with his mother.

"I have come to offer my respects. I wanted to do it personally - It was myself...my honour guard that captured your - husband?" his voice rose questionably.

"I am Lady Gwenneth, and yes, it has been my misfortune for twenty years to call Lord Glyndr my husband, yes. However, I have been assured by my Queen that that part of my life is over and I need no longer fear his presence in my life. I intend to ask King Eldarion to declare my marriage to Lord Glyndr to be annulled, because I married him amidst lies, deceit, and false pretenses." She smiled softly at Prince Caer and said, "I am so sorry, your Highness. I should have offered you a chair. Please, sit here near the fire with me."

At that moment, Gwyndr stepped forward and cleared his throat. "Pardon my intrusion, Ammë, Prince Caer. Queen Ceinwyn has asked that I bring Halyn to the rooms where the Princess Morwenna is recovering. Where is my twin?"

Gwenneth gestured to the balcony. "There, watching over his mother and her guests unobtrusively," she said softly with a smile.

Halyn entered then and looked at his brother. "Why does my Queen wish my presence?" he asked his brother, curiousity lingering on his face.

"I don't know, but we must make haste to find out," Gwyndr said quickly, sketching a hasty bow to Prince Caer and his second, and then he rushed his brother out the door.

Gwenneth turned her attention back to the Prince of Dol Amroth. "My sons." She smiled and shook her head. "Good sons, but a bit overprotective of their mother at times. Neither one favors their father in what he has done, and both were glad of the news that you brought him to justice. Would you tell me how it was done? I have known many over the years who have tried to fell Lord Captain Glyndr for one reason or another, and none have succeeded until now. Until you, Prince Caer. You managed what so many others failed at, and I should like to know how you managed it. Not that I resent you bringing him down from his high perch, not at all. But it seems to me it would take quite the extraordinary individual to accomplish such a feat." All of this was said in that near whisper of a voice, tinged with awe and pride both.

The twins arrived at the room of Princess Morwenna and Halyn hesitantly stepped inside. He smiled at Morwenna, his relief at her safe return flooding his eyes with happy tears. "You asked for me to come, my Queen?" He said softly to Ceinwyn, never once taking his eyes from those of his precious Morwenna.

Gwenneth's sister Anorwen, recovering from the shock of everything that had happened, was greeted with another shock when she awoke. That her sister was alive and hidden awayn from glyndr was the best news she had had in some time. The worst news she had was that until her sister was safe from Lord Glyndr, she would be allowed no visitors except royals fretted her but she would have to deal with that.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2007 09:02
OOC Etaina, I wasn’t sure where Glyndr would have been taken to be locked in a cell ..But I think he deserves a cold, wet, very uncomfortable place that can only get worse! I will edit if you want though!

Slowly, so slowly, the darkness became light as Glyndr drifted in and out of consciousness. But it was not the welcome light of starlight or sunlight, but a dim flickering of sputtering flame.
The elf lay on the cold, wet stone of a cell, deep in the underground chambers beneath the palace, heavily guarded by guards Castlyn as commander of the guard had placed there personally.
Cursing, Glyndr closed his eyes against a dull ache in his head and a deeper pain that wracked his chest, “What evil place is this?” the elf captain questioned as he tried to move, “How can this be? Who dares to trap me here?”
He cursed again as he remembered the arrow…the poison that had lost him his freedom, vowing revenge on those that had trapped him in this cold dank place.
On the one who had fired the arrow.

He lifted his head and looked up at the bars in the cell door, his sharp hearing noting every word the guards uttered as they spoke amongst themselves of Morwenna’s rescue and of the unbelievable capture of Lord Glyndr .
They did not speak of the one who had finally felled the illusive elf Lord; Castlyn had forbidden them to speak his name in Glyndr’s presence.

Glyndr shivered in the cold and lay back on the stone unmoving, he hated this foul place, the chambers dim, lit only by flickering torches on walls that ran with water over green, slimy stone to form puddles on the stone of the floors, the air cold and stale.

It was a very long time later when the dark elf heard footsteps echoing loudly across the floors, breaking the silence.
He lifted his head slowly and looked towards the bars as he heard a brief, whispered discussion between the guards and a familiar voice.

“Glyndr” Felyon stood at the bars of the cell, “Oh Glyndr..” the pale elf could say no more as he shivered in the damp cold.
Glyndr was to have no visitors unless approved by the King or Queen, but Castlyn had allowed Felyon as their mutual friend, five minutes and no more.
“Felyon?” Glyndr’s cold eyes fixed on the artist’s worried green.
“Yes, I am here” Felyon gripped at the bars “ Oh Glyndr…what have you done? What madness drove you to do such a thing?”
“ I shall not speak of it Felyon” Glyndr growled the answer, “ Now leave me, I have no wish to see, or speak to anyone except Gwenneth”.
Felyon stared at his friend a deep sadness in his eyes; he knew that it was futile to even try to speak with Glyndr now, “farewell my friend” he said quietly, tears choking his words, “whatever you have done, whatever evil creature you have become Glyndr…I am, and always will be your friend”.
With that Felyon turned and walked out of the chambers, he wondered with a desperate sadness if he was now also walking out of Glyndr’s life forever.

Glyndr moved slowly, pulling himself up to sit with his back against the wall, his thoughts now on his future, wondering on what fate these Royals had in store for him.

Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2007 04:25
Ceinwyn drew a slow, steady breathe. The mantle of fate weighed morosely on her shoulders as she threw one glance from Princess to ellon. And yet, with a smile, her eyes held square to Halyn’s face.

“ You have my blessing to ask for my daughters hand”. It was a simple statement, short and prompt. Yet is magnitude was awesome. Morwenna paled, great blue eyes frozen for a moment and then, as the blush blossomed again in her cheeks, she suddenly smiled. A dazzling, dizzying flash of white, straight teeth.

“ You are serious? You do not jest with us?” she demanded hoarsely, jaw wobbling with the effort of sitting upright. Ceinwyn shook her head, pressed a hand to her daughters forehead and bit Morwenna’s protests back with a hush.

“ I am serious. It is what should have been done from the start, I think. May you have the happiness denied to so many. And found by so few”

Prince Caer responded to Gwenneth’s question with a modest little shrug, stern grey eyes aloof.

“He was thinking too much – we shot him with an arrow. It took but one to bring him down…but it was poisioned and his will was strong. He fought us long after the draught had taken him.” Caer added wistfully, pushing a handful of chestnut hair back from his face. Brunin nodded energetically as his side, straining to push his chest out. His usually measured stride had become a swagger.

“Oh aye. Masters the best in all of Dol Amroth – got a good troop behind him mind” Brunin stipulated hastily, brown eyes alight now with something close to pride. Caer concurred with a gracious bob of the head, the restraint gone for a moment as he smiled over at Brunin. It was all he could do to detach himself from this curious elleth. She beckoned to some inner core far too perilous to venture. For now. But she was married – no, he corrected inwardly. Separated. Free.

“ He does himself an injustice by neglecting his own valour in favour of mine” Caer ventured with the earnest flash of a grin before it steadied, somber now as his eyes – dark a hue of brown – danced back over to Gwenneth in all her golden loveliness.

“ What will you do Lady? Now you are…now you are without him”
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email