Register

Author Topic:
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Jewel and The Crown: When the Sun Rises * no new players please*
on: July 23, 2005 12:56
OOC Welcome back Iell!
The cold grey light of dawn found Glyndr at the open window,the wooden floor, rain puddled at his feet.
He felt ill, he had not slept,The girl had left an hour ago, even her company had not eased his cold, anxious fears.

He turned and left the room, to appear in the doorway of the twins' room.
A pale apparition, he watched them in sleep.
His sons.
Gwenneth's sons.
Both his, and his Flower's souls combined in twin lives, his dark soul , and her's of light.

"My sons," he said quietly as they woke, " I must leave you now,I must return to your naneth, Go home, ride safely, I know you are both well able to travel without my protection."

The dark Elf turned to leave, "Do not follow me, I shall bring your naneth home soon. May the Valar go with you and protect you".
Glyndr left without another word, He went to the stables, and led Sylstar into the rain soaked courtyard, He did not wait to bridle and saddle the stallion.
He rode bareback , turning the horse's head to the horizon, he rode ,at a furious pace, a dark demon on a grey horse.

The Captain rode hard, he flew at the gates, and would have ran right through them if the guard had not been quick.
Glyndr rode straight to the steps, he slid from the stallion's back, Sylstar stood at the base of the steps, his sides heaving, steaming in the cold air.
The Captain leapt up the steps ,he pushed past the guards at the door and strode into the hall.
"Where is she?" he demanded of a servant, his voice a low growl, "Where is Lady Gwenneth, my wife?".
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 07:07

* Bonjour mon amis! Have missed you both soo, so much! Hope your ready to jump back on the journey of Ceinwyn * Co....cheerio *

Imrahil, eying the scuffle with a roving eye of intruige, strolled up to meet Glyndr, assuming the mantle of Princedom with every inch the astute awareness of someone who was not only born to it - but destined to rule. " Your wife is with the King - my father - in her chamber. Her condition has not much changed Lord. She needs rest...as such I do not think your shouting will help much" he noted with a shrewd bluntness, brushing the servant aside with a polite smile and then guiding Glyndr to one of the private privy chambers branching of the main hall. Silent and thoughtful, the Prince attempted to gauge this elf's stormy temper, digging through the hoardes of memories sustained by his parents and thier constant reminising. Lord Glyndr...the one whom loved my mother...now here's a strange fellow. " If you would please Sir" he swept an arm through the air before him, evading the elf's glance and turning his own to the gloomy panes of the window. " Perhaps you'd better calm yourself here. My father is in a sense of great distress - as are you, that I can see" he spoke quietly, but not without warmth. Folding his arms behind his back and staring, quiet neutrally at Glyndr, Imrahil knew that here was a General too feared, too renowned to toy with. Too cunning. And so, matching Glyndr's bravado with a sombre air of authority, Imrahil took to pacing the length of the room, pausing every so often to listen to a shuffling of feet outside the door. Edaarion however, loyally rigid by Gwenneth's side, noted the dour change in her countenance with acute disdain. Gods she is worsening...Valar help her!
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2005 12:35
Gwenneth and Lucien walkd in silence for some time. She was looking at the harsh landscape of the world that lay before and around her, the dark and brooding place that had surrounded them since they crossed the gate.
"What is this place, Lucien?"
"This is the place that most people fear most when they know they are dying. The place where they have to face their fears and their actions- or inactions- in life." He said it quietly, almost reverently.
He suddenly stopped. "You have killed two others in your life, Gwenneth. One a mere serving girl, and the other an ellon who had come to take you back home. What say you about these deaths? Were either of them justified?"
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 12:47
Glyndr stared at Imrahil with a look of mild irritation as he approached, Who was he to tell him what would and would not help?.
He said nothing as he followed Imrahil into the side room, then turned sharply to face him, " I am in no doubt that your father is in great distress, and so he should be, it was because of his blatant rejection of my son that Gwenneth is unhappy and deeply hurt, and why I am so furious".

Glyndr stormed over to the window, "Calm", he muttered under his breath, " How can I be calm?,when the one I love most in my life is fading, and this King has made things worse".

The Elf turned back , he watched as Imrahil paced the room, " For Valar's sake stop that pacing , you are driving me mad!"

Glyndr paled, an icy hand gripped at his heart, Gwenneth.
Imrahil hasd said " She is in her chamber,her condition is not much changed, she needs rest".
Gwenneth had not been that ill when she had gone to see Eldarion.
The premonition he felt at the Inn, Gwenneth calling him, the sharp headache, He feared the worse.
"What has happened?!" Glyndr leapt the distance between them in a single bound, He gripped Imrahil by the shoulder, "Tell me! take me to her now!"
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 06:31
Imrahil arched a dark eyebrow, unimpressed by the ellon's acidic temper. Plucking Glyndr's hand of his shoulder quite pertly, the Prince's face forged into a hard, unforgiving scowl. " Be careful sir - only a fool would attempt violence in the King's household. And only a fool would attempt to discredit him....my father did what was best for the kingdom" he admonished stiffly " and as such it does not need to be justified to you, who has no business in his affairs. You are a man of war, are you not? Surely then, you should know that the balance between reason and emotion cannot be misjudged?" he challenged stonily, infused with a palpable sense of irritableness at this upstart who presumed so much. " Gwenneth is in a stable - but very bleak condition. Do not go to her Lord Glyndr....it would not be wise to offend both Prince and King all in one day now wouldn't it" he quipped dryly, moving to one of the windows and watching the carriage rumble out down the courtyard. " So you have sent your sons away? Pity. They could have been promising officers" when fixing Glyndr with a sober, quite aloof glance, hsi voice became poignantly frank. " My sister will do her duty - but the one to her country. Not to her heart. They knew each other for but a day...how can you seriously justify a marriage? When the Prince of Rohan is posed to make her his Queen?"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 10:46
Gwenneth was taken aback by the question. Of course they were justified! How could anyone doubt that? A distant rumble of thunder sounded and she looked worriedly at Lucien.
I suggest you think long and hard on this, Gwenneth. Were your actions, in both cases, justified, or were the acts of foolish anger because you felt threatened? Which is it?"
Gwenneth snapped, "That little tart was trying to usurp my position with my husband! And the other...he was trying to take me away. I didn't want to go! Perhaps they were not justified as the law would allow, but my heart justified them as acts of protection of myself and my future. Perhaps they were wrong, but I didn't see any other option."
Lucien's voice was kind. "And are you sorry that you committed those acts?"
"Yes, I am. Given a chance, I would change my actions."
"And the actions with Mrelyn , Kellyn, Castlyn?"
She shook her head. "No. Those actions I do no regret. My husband knew and was in agreement with all of them but Kellyn, and Kellyn was my way of showing him that two could play the game he has played all along. I have no regrets about any of that."
Lucien nodded. He had known what that answer would be. Now he grasped her hand and said softly. "Now is the time you must travel alone for a time. Be careful and watch your step and be careful how you react to things that happen. You will see things that you will not be able to shut out by closing your eyes. If you live through this, Gwenneth, you will be haunted by some of the things you will see forever." Before she could say anything, Lucien faded away before her eyes. She turned back to the path and took a first hesitating step towards the darkness about to overtake her.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 09, 2005 12:23
"Violence?" Glyndr laughed with contempt, "you have no idea ofthe true meaning of the word if you think my hand on your shoulder is violent , I pity Gondor if you ever lead its armies"

The Captain pushed a stray lock of raven dark hair back behind a pointed ear, " your father has done exactly as he always does,thinking of himself, not the Kingdom, AH! , but you would not know of the past, and I shall not tell you of it, that too cannot be justified"

Glyndr fixed Imrahil with an icy stare, his ice blue eyes loking straight through him, "Emotion and reason?, Yes, as you so rightly say, I am a warrior, One who has seen much more of war and pain,than you ever will, Emotions on a battlefield run high, sometimes deserting reason, It works, Don't speak of things that you know nothing of".

Turning towards the door, Glyndr looked directly at Imrahil, "I shall go to her, she is my wife , and niether you, nor the King has the right to stop me, Me offend you and the King? when he has done nothing less than to offend my family? I hardly think so"

Glyndr turned away with a snarl, " I send my sons away, because they are not welcome here. They will make excellent warriors,and officers, They will answer the call of duty if the King summons them, as will I , until then they remain at home on my lands".

The Captain stood at the open door, " A marriage for love need never be justified, when the one you marry is your soulmate, and you have that lovebond that binds you as one, You gain a loyal partner in everything,
How can Morwenna give a Prince who she does not love, any loyalty in ruling the lands , or in helping with the tactics of war?, Oh no , whether that bond forms in one day, or one century, It stays forever.The Rohan Prince will not have that special bond with Morwenna, Now will you take me to my wife? or shall I find my own way?"

OOC, sorry Glyndy is more bad tempered than usual today,:evil:, He just wants to get Gwenneth and go home! My apologies to Imrahil, for taking the brunt of his sharp words

[Edited on 9/9/2005 by elflyn]

[Edited on 9/9/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 01:08
The darkness swallowed her up. There was barely enough light to see by, and so she managed to stay to the path, but she walked hesitantly. She came to a bend, and as she rounded it, she came face to face with a woman, bending over on the path.
"Who are you? she said softly.
A soft laugh came from the figure and Gwenneth was suddenly startled when she turned around and the kitchen maid she had killed was standing in front of her.
"Do you remember me, Lady Gwenneth?" the figure hissed at her?
Gwenneth was shocked. She felt her heart begin racing in her heart and skipping beats. She was terrified. The face was the same as it had been in life, but the eye sockets were empty. The figure laughed. "I was the one your husband loved, Lady Gwenneth. He married you because he could not have his precious Ceinwyn. That's why he sleeps around. because he does not love you. You are a possession, nothing more." The figure cackled crazily, and Gwenneth felt faint.
She swallowed hard and said softly, "I am sorry i killed you. My anger was not at you, it was Glyndr I was angry with. But I took it out on you. I wish I could give you life again." Her voice faltered and she fell to the ground in a heap, her head rested against the ground, her legs too weak to hold her up.

Her breath began coming in gasps, short bursts of panting, strangling breaths as she lay on the bed under the eyes of Eldarion.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 05:30
Imrahil emitted an unmoved laugh, it's chill melody somehow errie in the chasm of silence. " Gondor shall fair well enough under my lead...your insults you see, are unfounded and unfair. But then I have deduced you are not a very fair man. A grave fault indeed and one beyond retification" he stipulated blandly, devoid of the fury his father would have radiated at such an outburst. Imrhail's fury sizzled luminously in her eyes, so rare a pale blue. Pacing towards the door and eying Glyndr with an almost bored, but very watchful air, his voice remained even. " Do not think to discredit my sister in your mess. She will be loyal to her family and her country long after you have gone. She would never think to slander a country she would future serve as you have just done" he noted reasonably enough. Opening the door with one swift movement, and stepping back to unblock Glyndr's path, the smile that merged onto his lips was one of cold scrutiny." You will find your wife in the King's chambers - please, take my wishes to her. You will find my father at her side. Watch yourself Lord Glyndr: any more upstarts and you will be sent out of here away from your wife. A conclusion we should all be very sad to arrive I am sure" though the bitterness edging his voice was unmistakable.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 09:01
Glyndr glared, a dangerous light in pale blue eyes, " Fair!? , what is fair in this god forsaken city? EH? you tell me that ,you oh so supercillious mortal! Fair , is never a word used here in it's true meaning".

Glyndr moved slowly towards him, " I do not discredit Morwenna, for indeed ,she is the one with most promise, most true spirit amongst you pale imitations of Royalty that live here".

Glyndr smiled a cold smile, his tense body just inches from Imrahil, A threat.
"Slander? no, I slander no one, I just note the truth",

The Kellquenti swept past Imrahil towards the door, " I shall take your wishes, but listen for once in your mortal life, Don't ever threaten to send me away".

Glyndr pushed Imrahil hard against the door post," Gwenneth is my wife, and no Prince, or King will keep me from her!".

Glyndr left in a flurry of raven hair and indigo cloak.

He paused outside Gwenneth's room, his hand gently on the door handle, "Gods help me", He said quietly as he opened the door.

He stood in the doorway, the ice blue apparition as always, " Eldarion", he said coldly, " I am here now, leave her!.

OOC sorry, Glyndy is still MAD!
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2006 12:23

* sooo awesome to back! Hope this post is a good 'un...am a tad out of practise!*

Eldarion's revere shattered into brief shards of melancholy as he lifted his head to observe Glyndr with a sort of boorish displeasure. " I am King here and you do not tell me to stay or go. Come in though - if you must" Eldarion added without preamble, grey eyes devoid of anything save a dour unease that Gwenneth, infinetly loyal Gwenneth was harboured now within the confines a place no army, no arrow - not even a King himself could pierce. Stroking the elleths palm he thought then of the harmony they'd endured - the bubble of habitual bliss which had never, not once, seemed as forgien as it did then. But then fate had weaved this tapestry of a King, a Queen, a Lady and her Lord; its ultimate end...Eldarion's dark head sagged for a moment with the weight of such a dismal - such an uncertain future until, snapping his gaze straight once more the King had never looked so austere. " I do not think any remedies of the mortal realm can heal your wife - she will pull through this of her own accord" Eldarion decreed grimly looking now at Glyndr's cold fire. But the King seemed to feel nothing. He could sense nothing. Nothing but the earnest desire that an empty promise of Gwenneth's return could be realised.

The door was pryed open then, quietly so as Morwenna eased lithely through the gap. With one fluid motion she was at her father's side, weeping but ardent. " Let us not quarrel! Not like this...not when there is already so much sorrow!". The King barely heard his daughter, barely noted the youth's sparkling eyes. Morwenna, Princess of Gondor and the Reunited Realms was ignored. " Father? Father can't you hear me?" Morwenna urged curiously, delicate face drawn into a frown until, with one mighty grunt Eldarion lurched forwards, tearing his arm from Morwenna's fingers. " So you can finally see that Middle Earth does not revolve around your heart? Make peace with your destiny Morwenna! We have all trodden the same path!". Eldarion's fury was awesome. This was the creature, doused with fire, that the orcs and the traitors and the renegades saw in the murky midst of battle. This was the Warrior. But to Morwenna the furious man pacing impetuously at the window was nothing more then a stranger. Forlorn and bemused the young girl simply stared for a moment, silent tears chorosing down her cheeks until, with a mannerisum entirely her mothers - and of Soar - Morwenna donned a mantle of dignity. " I am sorry to angered you father. And will do as you ask - of course". The comment was barbed, edged with spite as she bobbed a courtsey and swept out from the room. Eldrion barely agknowledged she'd left. He just stared. Stared out from the window as if nothing would ever seem real again.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2006 03:07
OOC Etaina! Welcome back!

The tall Kellquenti moved silently into the room.
He let the door close behind him.

It closed with a cold thud, as cold as the atmosphere between the man and the elf.

Glyndr took a step forward, his ice blue eyes never leaving the pale, so still form of his beloved Gwenneth. His flower.

"Gwenneth", Glyndr whispered so quietly it was barely audible, his voice held all the anxious fear he felt for her.

The elf turned to face Eldarion.
" I do not ask for your mortal remedies, nor do I trust such". he said coldly , the ice in his voice matched the ice in his eyes.

"But you are right", he said after a while, "She will pull through this on her own, but she must want in her heart to return".

Glyndr turned slightly his gaze now on Morwenna as she entered the room.

The elf watched with some surprise as Eldarion's fury seemed as fiery as his own.
He could not believe the King capable of such anger, and certainly not towards his daughter.

"That was uncalled for".
Glyndr stood , his back against the wall , his stare aimed at the King's back as he stood at the window.

"You will lose her love and trust", Glyndr said calmly and clearly, " But then maybe that would not be such a bad thing, You have already ruined her own chances of true love , and the chances of my son".

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2006 11:37
OOC: WELCOME BACK ETAINA!

"Would you take my place, Lady Gwenneth? Would you lie still in the cold earth and give me back to Glyndr? He would have married me if it were not for my station. I should have borne his sons, not you!" The kitchen maid's figure spat the words at her, and Gwenneth clenched her hands into fists as she lifted her head.

"It may well be that my husband told you that he loved you. That I do not know. I do know that you are not the first to have claimed that, and you will not be the last. Glyndr may well continue his ways, but I am not here to atone for his sins, only my own.What Glyndr will face when the moment comes is unknown to me, and I could care less. I have apologized for my sin against you, and there is no more that I can do. If you do not accept my sincerest apology, then I have no fault in that." Tears still streamed down her cheeks as she turned away and continued down the road.

As it went along, she met others, ones she had harmed in one way or another, and she conversed with each one, not trying to explain away her actions, but taking responsibility for them, and gradually, the sky began to grow light again and she could see Lucien standing at a gate in the distance.

The shadows were long in the room when she shuddered and then began to breathe easier again.

[Edited on 15/4/2006 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 12:09
Eldarion feigned deafness for a moment before bolting down towards Glyndr, seething, furious and utterly intent upon quashing whatever demon surged so eagerly within his chest. " Don't you dare lecture me, a King on how to treat my children! Morwenna is not half so fickle as to depise me for denying her the right to ruin a legacy...I have her trust, do not fear it in that!" Eldarion retorted stoically though the flutter of unease which quivered somewhat briskly beneath his voice was unmistakable. Slowly, very slowly, his temper ebbed, voice still sharp as he moved away from the elf and stared back over towards Gwenneth. " Look" he almost whispered, edging closer over towards the bed. " She breaths easily - well, easier then before" he added darkly, darting a sharp glance back over at the ellon. " What say you? I think your wife has decided it is time to end this limbo one way or another. Let it us pray it is for the better"

Morwenna's muffled sobs echoed softly in the secluded gardens as she cuffed irritably at her tears. Hunched behind a rose bush and clutching at the hem of her gown, soaked now by tears, the young Princess could not deny she was shook by her father's fury. Never. Never had he exploded so zealously - and infront of an elf Lord? Unforgivable. " Mother I need you" Morwenna choked aloud, every intrinsic fibre of her body yearning for some comfort, for some ounce of warmth. But Morwenna was, first and foremost, a woman. No shield of Royal Duty could protect the gentle being clawing, eager for independance beneath. Morwenna was Ceinwyn's daughter. Morwenna felt everything.

[Edited on 21/4/2006 by Etaina]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 05:04
The Elf pressed his back further into the wall as the King stormed towards him.

Glyndr was again surprised at Eldarion's ready anger, but he faced the King ,ready to meet fire with fire.

"Do you in truth have her trust?" Glyndr dared, always the icy coldness in his voice.
Always ,the jealousy barely hidden.

"I think , King" he emphasised the word, " that you are not certain".
The Elf Captain had noticed the slight unease in Eldarion's voice.

He watched in cold silence as Eldarion's temper subsided and moved towards the bed.

"Flower!", Glyndr crossed the distance between them in three agile paces.

He looked first at Eldarion, then back at Gwenneth, a glimmer of hope in ice blue eyes.

"Yes", he said as he sat beside her on the bed and took her slender, cold hand in his, "You are right, she grows stronger".

Glyndr placed her hand against his chest, "Flower, come back from whatver dark world you have been lost to me. Come home , come back to me , and our sons".

[Edited on 21/4/2006 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2006 11:05
"You have learned much about yourself and the demons of the past that you carry within yourself, Gwenneth of Gondor."

"Why do you call me that? I am not of Gondor. I am a Kellquenti elf."

"And still after all this time, your heart holds to the true love you have for King Eldarion."

"Only because my husband will never give up his love for the Queen of Gondor."

"Ceinwyn of Soar. Beautiful is she not?"

"Yes she is. And she holds the heart of both of them."

"And for this, you hate her."

"No." Gwenneth shook her head. "I hate her only because she has Eldarion's love, and I seek that more than anything in the world, or beyond." She sank slowly to the ground, shocked at her ability to speak those words. "Why could I not tell Eldarion all those years ago that I loved him? Tell him to either love me in return or let me go?"

"Because you fear both of those options."

"Why would I fear him loving me?"

"Because you know that your life would not be that of a Princess or a queen, but the mistress of a King."

Gwenneth snorted. "I am hadly more than a mistress now."

"And yt, you remain with Glyndr. Why? Is it because when you are with him, it is easy to hide the fact that you share half your time with his brother?"

Gwenneth shook her head. "I love Glyndr, regardless of what he does. I don't understand it, but I do."

"Why did you kill Gerant?"

"He was going to take me away from Glyndr."

"Not true. Glynd r is a Kellquenti Lord. He would have been easily capable of being with you again."

Gwenneth sat there and sighed. "Because he was going to take me from Eldarion."
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2006 11:38
Imrahil paced his chamber with a bizarre sense of anxious delirium. Elfwine was expected - Prince Elfwine, Crown of the Mark...future King of Gondor. With one irritable sigh, the young man glanced briefly back at the ruffled parchment bearing Rohan's offical seal, opened and torn as it sat amidst a midden of similar documents. There, simply written but eloquently spaced, was the future of two great countires yet it pained the Gondor's Prince that the future be sealed at such a dismal time in the Royal Families lives. Morwenna heartbroken, Eldarion distraught and Ceinwyn absent from her duty. Only Imrahil seemed stoic, adopting an aloof detatchment, regal but comforting to the whispers boiling away in the taverns or arms-houses. Elfwine, ever an astute young man, would be stiding into an unwilling gossip nest. And he would see everything; less then a day from then. Smoothing a hand down his velvet tunic and inhaling very, very slowly, the Prince donned his usual fastidiousness, checking the corridors, the kitchens - everything to ensure the Rohirric Captain would arrive to see Gondor in its ordered splendour. As it should be. And so, engrossed in detail it was with mild affront, indeed bewilderment that he noted his younger sister, crouched and sniffling at the foot of a rose bush. For an instant the flippant surge of brotherhood urged him forwards. Any whisper he could offer....any comfort...But there was none. What words could he utter which could ease a broken heart? And a sore one. No, he mused inwardly. Better to let the girl cure herself.

Eldarion drew back as he watched Glyndr stroke Gwenneth's hand. For one fleeting moment- for a glitch of a second he restrained the urge to snatch it back, craddle it, soothe it in his own. As her protector, as her Lord - yes, Eldarion reminded himself zealously - how could duty dictate anything other? Ceinwyn, Imrahil, even Morwenna, all understood the solem vow of duty. And there were few who Eldarion owed so much or indeed felt moved to even promise so much. " She will not regret coming back to the present" he almost whispered, voice an tinkling vow that what was - whatever storms had bristled between thier families were past. " The future is our bounty. Pray to the Valar she has faith enough in that"
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2006 04:45
“No, she will not regret coming back”, Glyndr shot a sharp glance at Eldarion, his sharp elven hearing had heard only too clearly the King’s voice.

“She will not regret coming back to me, and our sons. Her family”, he added with pointed emphasis that told of his possessive love of his Gwenneth.

“Future you say?” Glyndr turned his gaze back to Gwenneth, “ What does the future hold for any of us?”

The Elf Captain held Gwenneth’s hand tighter, interlacing his fingers with hers, “ You have come this far my love, do not give up now, follow your heart home”.

Felyon had not heard that Glyndr had returned to Gondor, or that Gwenneth had been lost to them.
The pale Elf rarely smiled these last days since his dear friends had left for home.

He spent most of his time in the gardens, he had even stopped sketching, his once colourful world was now, grey, black and white.

Felyon wandered aimlessly, seeing nothing, his thoughts on happier times.
So lost in those thoughts he did not see Morwenna until he almost fell over her.

“Oh, my Lady”, Felyon stepped back quickly with a bow, “Please forgive me, it seems I am forever almost bumping into you”.

Felyon’s green eyes looked closely at her with a sadness that seemed to match her own, “ My Lady , what troubles you? Please, if I can be of any assistance whatsoever, you must let me know”.

The Elf sat beside her under the rose bush. “You know that you may speak to me on any subject, as your friend ,I should dearly wish to be able to help you”.

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2006 01:11
Lucien looked at the beautiful elf before him. "Your love for Eldarion is strong, if you would kill to remain at his side."

"Eldarion saved my life. He is my Lord, my King..the first to capture my heart."

"And though he did not realize it, he still holds it now?"

"He will always hold it. Even though I love Glyndr, and have killed because of him, it is different."

"How is it different, Gwenneth?"

"I killed for Glyndr out of jealousy and rage. I killed for Eldarion because i cannot imagine a life separated from him."

"Yet, you left Gondor."

"For twenty long years, yes I did, and I have never been more miserable in my life." She sighed. "I must tell Glyndr that i need to remain in Gondor. It is my home, and I wish my death to take place there."

"You have one more shade to confront, and then a choice to make. You will find out the choice when you have completed your mission."

Lucien shimmered and disappeared, fading out of sight, and he was replaced by Gerant. The elf she had struck down in her bedchamber in the palace at Minas Tirith twenty years before.

"Gerant...I'm sorry..." Gwenneth began to sob uncontrollably.

"Why did you do it, Gwenneth? So your Kellquenti Lord could keep you?"

"No...because I am in love with the King of Gondor and did not want to leave his side."

"But he does not love you..."

"It does not matter! Do you not see? I killed you out of fear of leaving him, bcause my heart could not take it! The sons I bore, my twins...they should be his, I want them to be his! I want to be his wife, and that is all I have ever wanted! I was selfish and I killed you because nothing else mattered to me but remaining at his side!"

Gerant stood there, not saying a word.

"I told him that you attacked me because I did not have the strength to tell him that I loved him, and when I found the strength, it was far too late." She dropped to her knees and wept, thinking about how selfish she had been her entire life in Gondor, how every decision made was to benefit her somehow. She was just as selfish as Glyndr, but where his was a physical selfishness, hers was an emotional one, and far more dangerous for that reason.

When her tears subsided and she looked up, Gerant was gone and there were two roads in front of her. Lucien helped her up and said, "The road to the left leads to your physical death, but in the land beyond, you are free to love Eldarion and have that love returned by him, fogetting everyone else. The road to the right leads to your physical restoration, with all the heartache and dismay that comes with life. Choose your road, Gwenneth of Gondor."

Gwenneth raised her foot and began moving toward the road of her choice...

With a shudder and a sigh, Gwenneth began opening her eyes. She slowly turned her head, looking forst at her husband, Glyndr, and then at her King. She smiled slightly and said, "May I have some water, my Lord King?"

[Edited on 24/4/2006 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2006 11:17
" Yes, of course" Eldarion whispered emptily before, eyes widening, apprehension dawned starkly, delieriously on his strong but haggard face. Pulling back for a moment and darting a quick, furative glance back towards Glyndr the King did what he had not done for an age. He smiled. An open, honest - almost tender smile as he cupped Gwenneth's slight palm deliately in his, bent forwards and petted it with a light kiss. " You may have anything my dearest friend. Welcome to the light" he almost choked on the words as they formed with such earnest out from the flustered King's motuh. Eldarion's composure was shattered. For a moment the youth who'd rescued Gwenneth, who'd ascended his fathter's throne - who'd welcomed Ceinwyn as a stranger - sparkled from behind the mantle of Kingship and its warmth - it's pious honesty seemed to shimmer in a room once so devoid of hope. Gwenneth had, for the time, restored Eldarion's faith that somethings, perhaps just some things, were not always as dour as fate would seem. " You have been missed Gwenneth. Very sorely" he added very quietly but the smile embellishing his features would not vanish. " But I think there is one who wishes to see you with a more intimate right then a King to his subject - or a friend to thier most dearest friend. Your husband". Eldarion drew back then, reluctantly so but with due regard for his station then, at this most precious of moments. Here, ruled by the dominion of hearts, a King held no sway; here, marriage governed decorum. And in that Eldarion could never - never best Glyndr.

Morwenna started before eying the elf with a forlorn, almost wistful little smile, nose slightly red as she cuffed it with her sleeve. " It is all such mess my dear artist. You see, the Queen is absent...I think she is loathe to come back to us; father has not be kind of late" the Princess mumbled very quietly, vivid blue eyes lost as they traced the edges of the rose bush before them. " I - I must marry" she voiced the dour twist of fate aloud, voice snagging slightly before she shook her head with an irritable sigh. " I will become a Queen, such as my mother before me. But of Rohan" she added, turning to face Feylon. " and war is upon us again. Without a smile left in Gondor. By the Valar!" Morwenna breathed zealously " why does she desert us? Why will the 'Jewel' such as she is called, not return to us? When her husband is mourning for hsi friend, when I am mourning for my heart?". Morwenna, wholesomley docile, was rarely ever so zealous, demanding or even judgemental. The Princess had inherited her grandmother's quiet charm as well as her colouring but now, infused with injustice and still reeling from an undeniable pain, she became her mother, a maiden of Soar; unchecked, untamed and passionate.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2006 10:34
Glyndr jumped, he felt a sudden shock of pure white light flash through him as Gwenneth shuddered and breathed a soft sigh.

“Flower”, the Elf smiled a rare, warm smile, his voice as soft a sigh as hers.

The smile became colder.
She had asked for water, his Gwenneth had asked for water, but she did not ask it of him. She had asked it of the King.

The Elf Captain said nothing, as he looked directly at his King. Dark thoughts, and so many questions in his mind.

The ever-present demon of jealousy again bit hard.

Glyndr watched as he saw Eldarion smile and take Gwenneth’s hand.

A King who brief moments before had raised his voice in anger.
That voice was now soft, full of happiness and care.

Flustered even, like some young man, when first he had met his love.
The King’s brightness matched Glyndr’s darkness perfectly.

“Yes my King”, Glyndr’s voice low and calm, as he finally spoke.
“Yes Gwenneth should see one who has the more intimate right to see his wife”.

Glyndr turned his gaze back to Gwenneth, he stroked her face gently, his fingertips brushing her pale, soft skin.

“Gwenneth”, he whispered as he leant to kiss her forehead, a soft featherlight kiss.
“I have missed you my love, you have come back to me now. You shall soon be home , with me and our sons, Your true home where you belong”.

“Oh my Lady”, Felyon placed his hand on Morwenna’s gently ,“A shameful mess indeed”, he sighed.

The Elf squeezed her hand lightly,in a gesture of pure kindness and condolence, “Ah, marriage”, he sighed again, “And there would be no such finer Queen of Rohan than you my Lady”.

Felyon paused, and brushed rose petals from his robes, “Although dare I say such, I should very much wish it were not the Prince of Rohan that should be your betrothed…….but another , who I know loves you as passionately as you love him”.

The pale haired Elf still held Morwenna’s hand, “ My dear Lady it is so unlike your mother not to be here when her family needs her most”.

Felyon took a deep breath and looked deep into Morwenna’s bright eyes, “ My Lady I shall go to bring her home if you should wish it…Please allow me to do this for you”.

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2006 12:12
"Glyndr, my husband," Gwenneth stroked his face lightly with her fingers, closing her eyes for a moment and then saying softly to her King, " My Lord, a few moments alone with my husband, if you do not mind. I recognize this is your bedchamber, but I have things that I must speak of to Glyndr, and they cannot wait." She knew Eldarion would not refuse her privacy to speak with her husband.

When they were alone, she smiled at Glyndr and said in a quiet voice, "Glyndr, I ask that you not utter a sound until I have finished. This is something very important to me, and I need to know I have your full attention."

She slowly traced her fingernails up his arm and sighed. "Glyndr, when we met, you knew I felt Gondor to be my home. After everythig that happened here, I know too that you were seeking a safe refuge for me by taking me to the home of our ancestors. But that does not diminish the fact that this city, the White City of Gondor, is truly my home. This is where I belong. You are one of the heads of Gondor's elite fighters. You belong here with your men, and I belong here at th side of my King, as I was before we left here. I have come home again, Glyndr, and I have no intention of leaving Minas Tirith again. No matter how it hurts our son to watch Morwenna marry the King of Rohan, you must go and bring our sons back here, as they will be needed among the ranks of the fighting men of Gondor. War is coming again, husband, and I will not leave the side of Eldarion when he needs someone to confide in. I have held back too many secrets from him, because I was afraid to face the truth and afraid to lose you. Now I know my reasons, as well as your own, have been nothing but selfish."

[Edited on 26/4/2006 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2006 08:29
OOC hope this is OK can change if not

Glyndr’s pale ice eyes looked at Gwenneth with an intense stare as she asked to be alone with him to talk with him.
Something in the tone of her voice told him he did not want to hear what she had to say.

The Elf nodded as she asked he remain silent until she had spoken, the intensity of the look only increased.

Glyndr seethed with an inner anger as she spoke, although he remained silent, the look in his eyes became one of ice fury and hurt .
An angry fire ready to ignite.

“Secrets!”, the spark ignited, Glyndr leapt to his feet, he turned, and smashed his fist against the wall, a terrible anger possessed him.

“What secrets?” he snarled as he turned back to face her, his eyes flashed dangerously, “What secrets and truths do you hold fromr that King of yours ,and from me ..eh?!”

Glyndr strode towards her, “Tell me Gwenneth what truths are you afraid of?”

The Elf Captain towered over her; his anger blinding him to all reason, “ Gondor is not your home” he spat, “Any more than it is mine”.

Glyndr’s eyes burned with that ice fire fury, “I remain here only because of my duty, and loyalty to my race”, he paused, and ran a trembling hand through his long hair.
“My duty to my race Gwenneth and nothing more!”

The Elf moved dangerously closer, “ I will not bring our sons back to this god forsaken place , to fight and possibly die in a war, when they can remain safe in our lands, What do you take me for Gwenneth?”

Glyndr flexed his bruised hand,he fixed her with a powerful stare “ You are my wife , and as such you will return with me to our home. Yes, OUR home.” He emphasised the words, “You will remain with the twins where you will be safe. Oh, and do not worry, I shall not desert your precious Eldarion. I shall still lead the Kellquenti guard to war”.

Glyndr grabbed Gwenneth by the arm and pulled her to a sitting position, he looked deep into her soul.
“You will leave this city, and King Eldarion, I forbid you to stay. He can find some other willing for him to confide in , or deal with this war alone, as a proper King should”

The Captain laughed a cold laugh; “ Even his Queen is not here to guide him now”.

Glyndr pulled her to her to him , his grip tight on her arm, ignoring her struggle to free herself. “Gwenneth you are leaving Gondor”

“Leave her!”, Castlyn appeared as if from nowhere, he pulled Glyndr from Gwenneth and threw him with force, against the wall.
“Valar brother!, what demon has possessed you?” Castlyn went to Gwenneth , he sat beside her, and held her to him.

“Gwenneth , are you alright? Has he harmed you?” Castlyn was worried for her.

“Keep out of this brother,” Glyndr spat back at Castlyn. “This is between my wife and myself, Get out!”

Glyndr hauled his twin to his feet. He glared at Castlyn with wild eyes. Eyes that were angry mirrors of his own.

“Glyndr this is not just about you and Gwenneth,” Castlyn said calmly, his voice tinged with barely hidden anger, “This is about YOU, it always is”.

Glyndr moved quickly , he hit Castlyn hard , knocking him back three paces, “I said get out”.

Castlyn was quicker , Glyndr found himself bouncing off the same wall.
He lay where he fell.

Castlyn walked to stand over his twin, “ Glyndr, I overheard some of what was said, Go, bring Halyn and Gwyndr here, Gwenneth wants her sons with her here, not miles away”.

Glyndr said nothing as he stood slowly and painfully, his eyes spoke for him. The anger finally subsiding.

He walked towards the door, pausing once to look back at Gwenneth.
“I shall do as you ask,” he said quietly, “I shall go now to bring our sons back here to the city. But only for you my Gwenneth, because whatever happens, whatever I have said or done, I love you, You are my life”.

[Edited on 27/4/2006 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2006 10:56
"Wait just a moment, Glyndr." Gwenneth extended her hand to Castlyn, who helped her up from the bed and she walked slowly to her husband. She raised her hand and slapped him hard.

"You do not order me around, Glyndr. I spent all the time in the other world, atoning for my sins. I will no longer be burdened with yours. Your hatred of Eldarion comes from only one thing. The fact that he is married to Ceinwyn and she will not give you the time of day. My sons belong here, in Gondor. Both of them are Captain material, and both of them will lead their own regiments into battle."

She took a deep breath and said, "Gondor was my home for many years before I met you. The White City is my home, by my choice. Eldarion has been my best friend for more yeas than I have known you, so do not pretend to even come close to knowing what is right for me. I swore an oath to serve him as my King. I defied that oath when I left here twenty years ago, and I refuse to do the same thing again because of a disagreement. If you are not happy with me, then you are free to find others to fill your bed and your life. But I will not longer succumb to your whims and your temper. Do you understand me?" She turned away and dismissed him with a wave of her hand, then extended it to Castlyn and said, "I need to rest again."

She let Castlyn gently settle her on the bed again, and then, after Glyndr had left, she whispered to Castlyn, "Would you tell my King that I desire his company?"
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2006 12:54
Eldarion entered lithely, bright, brilliant smile almost dazzling as he took her palm once more and bestowed it with a fond little kiss. " She walked! She walked as if she had been merely sleeping all this time!" the King noted delightfully, voice edged with a delicious tinkle of laughter. Perched on the bed at her feet the shadow which had hung noose like about the King's neck lessened - it did not disperse of course. War and familiy greiviance still tugged coarsely at his heart yet then, for that breif glitch in time, the King was a man infused with hope, delight and pure relief that Gwenneth's health were restored. Lowering his voice slightly the King sobered for a moment, eyes careful not to belay too much of the scarring still fresh, still sore of a heart so heavy.

" You have been missed. Very much so - and much has happened" Eldarion added as a wistful afterthought, briskly shaking the echo of Morwenna's sobs out from his ears. His daugthers pain it seemed, haunted him more then most. " The world you have woken too is still as desperate as ever though Gwenneth. War is very much upon us - Prince Elfwine is here" he voiced aloud at the flurry of trumpets from the courtyard. And the Queen is absent....I think my moods have soured them against me". There was no self-pity in Eldarion's voice. Just weary resolution. As Gwenneth's illness had intensified so the King's star had dimmed; Ceinwyn's ambiance could not ease it, Morwenn'a giggles could not bury it. Both women - the two mortal women he adored most - had never, not once seemed as detatched as they did then. And it should not be so - he knew it should not.

Morwenna scoffed bitterly before shaking her dark, dark head, eyes mournful as they darted towards Feylon's tender stare." Queen or no my mother is a woman of absolute iron. Oh no - the Jewel will not return until she wishes it, and I cannot think why she does not! The Queen does not wish it for any of us...Valar, my father dare not send for her presence because for fear of her rebuke! Feylon" she muttered dourly " they used to be so happy, so joyful! Minis Tirith was always full of laughter! Don't you remember?" she urged almost breathless now before the trumpets reached the little courtyard. Morwenna, at that moment, became absolutly silent. Still. She knew what such a sound would mean. Prnce Elfwine- her betrothed - had entered the White City. And the Princess's fate along with those laced tightly with it, had been ignited. And Ceinwyn, stoic steadfast Ceinwyn, was abroad.

[Edited on 28/4/2006 by Etaina]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2006 08:09
OOC this bit takes place before the King goes back to Gwenneth .

Glyndr waited as Castlyn led Gwenneth to stand before him.
He flinched back sharply from the sting of the slap.

“Order you around?” Glyndr lifted his chin in his arrogant way.

“You are my wife Gwenneth,” he said in an unusually calm tone. The calmness was not reflected in his eyes, “ If I seem to order you , then so be it, I am doing it only with your safety in mind”.

The Captain flinched again, imperceptibly, at the mention of Ceinwyn’s name.
The Queen , that perfect rose, the jewel of Soar .
He said nothing of her, he knew it would make matters worse.

“They are my sons too Gwenneth” Glyndr said , an iciness creeping into his tone.
“I am well aware of the great potential they both have as Commanders, but it does not mean that I approve of them returning here to a certain war”.

Glyndr glanced once at Castlyn, then back at Gwenneth, resignation in his blue eyes.
“Flower, I understand your words, but not the meaning, the real meaning behind them”.

The tall Elf Captain, turned to walk away. “ I shall return with our sons by noon tomorrow” he said.
He did not look back.

Castlyn watched his brother leave. He remained silent for a moment, before going to help Gwenneth.

“Of course”, he said as he left to find the King.

Felyon nodded and smiled, “I understand my Lady, I know of your mother’s determination in things , and of her wonderful sense of independence only too well”.

The pale Elf brushed more petals from his robes, “ But if ever you should wish it, I will go to her, and ask that she return home. Do not hesitate to ask”.

A sadness clouded his moss green eyes as Morwenna spoke of the once happy relationship the King and Queen once shared.

“ Oh yes, my Lady, I remember those bright days “ he said wistfully, “ They were so happy , and so were the people, now a dark sadness broods within these walls”.

Felyon gripped Morwenna’s hand tighter, “My Lady Morwenna”, he whispered softly” My dear Morwenna, I am always here for you , Please promise me that if you need advice, or just to talk or scream, Promise me you will seek me out. You know where I am to be found”.

Felyon glanced up sharply as he heard the sound of trumpets heralding the arrival of the Prince of Rohan, and Morwenna became silent.

“Morwenna”.
The artist dared to place his arm around her delicate shoulders , he knew why she was so silent.
“How ironic an omen”, he thought as a sudden gust of wind showered them both in pale pink rose petals , like confetti at a wedding.

Morwenna’s wedding.

[Edited on 28/4/2006 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2006 10:49
Gwenneth laced the fingers of one hand with her King's, and reached up to stroke his face, hoping to erase the despair she saw there. "Eldarion, I acted as a foolish child would. I should never have left Gondor. Even twenty years ago, I should have remained at your side, instead of leaving because of my dear husband's jealousy and rage." Her voice was bitter when she spoke of Glyndr that way, and she didn't even try to hide it. "But I am back now, and I will not leave again. Gondor is my home, it has been since the day you found me and brought me back here in your arms, and it shall ever be."

She sighed softly. "You are a troubled King, and your moods reflect that. You feel emotion strongly, Eldarion, you always have.The weight of everything that has happened, and the weight of the coming war are upon your heart, dear friend. How could anyone expect anything less than a dark mood from you? Even I did not take things into account, and felt only the sting of the past when you told me that Halyn and Morwenna could not marry, that she must marry Elfwine and become Queen of Rohan. I was thinking foolishly, selfishly, of myself, not them. I am truly sorry for that. Can you forgive me, Eldarion? I was a fool, still hiding behind my own desires and not thinking of the greater good for Gondor, for you."

Her hand slipped from his cheek for a moment as she moved to raise herself up a bit more on the pillows, and it came to rest over his heart. The feel of his heartbeat against her palm and fingers made her smile. "You have a warrior's strong heart, Eldarion. We will find a way through all this. I will not let you grow weak with sorrow. What has happened cannot be changed, but it can be lessened. I am here for you, to aid you in any way I can, to be your shoulder to cry on, your confidante, anything you need me to be. As always, Eldarion," her hands moved up to either side of his face and she smiled softly at him, "I am here to serve you, simply because you need me. You are my King, and I fulfill your wishes gladly.Let there be no doubt about that."

She took his hand in hers and kissed it softly, just above the ring he wore as King of Gondor. When she looked back up at him, her emerald eyes glowed from within. "I will never again leave your side, Eldarion, unless that is your wish, and even then, my 'stubborn elleth's will' will probably argue with you about it." She laughed softly, a sweet sound like the soft ringing of bells.

She reached up again, and pressed her palm against his cheek once again. "I know that you need to go and greet Elfwine, to welcome your soon to be son-in-law to Gondor. Would you mind if Castlyn escorts me along? I promise to not feel any illwill toward the young Prince." Her voice trembled for a moment, and then she cleared her throat and said, "Of course, if you do not wish to have to have me there, I will understand." She looked around and said softly, "I had almost forgotten that I am lying in your bed, Eldarion. I imagine that I should probably move to my old room, unless of course, you have no plans to sleep tonight." Her mouth curled into a smile and she blushed. "I didn't mean that how it sounded, my King. I meant only that I doubted you would be comfortable sleeping in your bed with me lying here beside you, even in the sheer innocence of two old friends resting at each other's sides." She sighed deeply as her thoughts assailed her with a desire to lean over and brush her lips against her King's. She fought the urge valiantly, as she did not wish to anger him with such behavior.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2006 12:52
Eldarion's eyes ignited with a warmth, mirrored perhaps of Gwenneth's, which felt as if it were savouring every inch, evyer last sinew of his entire body. Her words though rang true - poignantly so. The King really did feel everything as finite as it were delirious or more frequently of late, daming. With one bitter little laugh he shrugged, matching Gwennth's sparkle with a dimmer version of his own. " The years have made a fool of me...but not of you. The elven wisdom is still great within you my elleth" he noted without preamble, voice honeyed for a moment as his thoughts strayed back to that ancient time of his own parents, of their giddly laughter. Of perfect bliss. And he had forged his own, finely, nimbly, with the epitome of Soarian beauty. Yet it seemed shadowed then; hollow. " Your illness made me such much Lady Gwenneth" Eldarion stipulated earnestly " and to know that you will never again leave my side is more calming and more easing to any mortal wound. I am at your service - as always". His hand sought her as they say, palm to palm at the foot of the King's bed. " This chamber is yours. I shall be the one to move and yes you are right...as always...I must meet my son-on-law. As can you - if you wish it. Castlyn too" he added with a rueful little smile, restored to humour as he rose, grand as ever and strode steadily from the room. " Your faith is great comfort to me Gwenneth. My Gwenneth" he mused fondly before dismissing himself with a pert, dignified bow.

Morwenna barely registered Feylon's arm. Barely noted as the maids as they haphazerdly flustered about her slender little frame, dusting petals from her shoulders and clucking at her insistant refusal to answer them. As the trumpet warbled once more, the White City was thrust into uproar. Servants scattered breathlessly about the corridors, some seeking thier mistress and thus, having found her in the gardens, herded the young woman out into the brisk, biting wind of mid-afternoon. Imrahil awaited Morwenna's arrival, robed immaculetly in navy with the same implaccable calm as ever. " Strength sister. Show your people strength" he muttered stoically, eyes proud as they watched the mute creature glide forwards, slip into a bow and breathe a whisper of welcome. Elegantly executed and perfectly poised, Morwenna 's grief became strangled by decorum, banished by duty.

Duly, the King had presented his daughter but the heat boiling beween the pair was almost violent. The crowds of hastily gathered nobles noted it - even the peasants sniffed its bleak scent of upheaval. Eldarion evaded his daughter's eyes with apparent delight, formal greeting to the wary Prince warm but stringant. Morwenna caught the brightened gleam edging her father's voice. Ever so slightly she twitched her stare sidewards to let it rest briefly on where Gwenneth stood with Castlyn. So it was you, she mused. You who tested the King's courage and restored it. For a moment the Princess's face was immobile, entirely stifled of emotion save a resolute understanding that destiny was destiny. Destiny was everything. And then, as brief as a whisper in a storm, Morwenna smiled. An infectious but somehow bitter glimpse of the joy she'd once entertained at having the elleth as a mother-in-law. But friends we shall be, Morwenna agknowledged with a tiny tilt of the head before her eyes skipped dutifully back to Elfwine. The Prince himself, thoroughly aware of some, if not all of the dour rigmorol surrounding the family, was perfectly amiable. Reserved perhaps and certainly cautious, his distance was aloof, detatched even. But then this marriage was as much Morwenna's decision as it was his. Her dark beauty, however enchanting, was grave that day yet somehow its coldness made the majesty within her even more sorrowful; but bewitching. Entirely bewitching.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2006 10:30
Gwenneth stood, Castlyn at her side, watching the proceedings with a faint twinge in her heart. She could not shake the sorrow that her son had to suffer as she had for all these years, and that his love for Morwenna was known made it all the more painful. But she had given herself back to her King, to serve him humbly as she always had, and it would never do for her son to marry the Princess, when his mother was a mere servant to the King.

Gwenneth smiled at the handsome prince, and greeted him as warmly as she could. She tried very hard not to let her sorrow show in her eyes.

After the greetings were finished and the group began to prepare for the feast common when a visiting dignitary arrived, Gwenneth drew her King to the side.

"Eldarion, thank you for your gracious offer, but Castlyn has already unpacked my things in my old room, and I would not feel right sleeping in the royal bedchamber. I am still a little tired, but if you wish me to be present during the feast, I will be. Otherwise, I shall retire to my room, and hope that you will come see me when you have a chance. Perhaps then I could accompany you to your study, and get back to working with you." She lightly squeezed his hands and stood on tiptoe to brush her lips against his cheek.

Halyn and Gwyndr were unsettled. They had remained at the inn, because they could not decide whether to return home or to their naneth's side.

Halyn was seated at the fireplace staring morosely into the flames when a young elleth entered the inn. She was chilled to the bone due to the misty rain that was falling, and she came to the fire to warm herself. She sat silently near him, not saying anything, until he finally noticed her when he looked up.

"Oh, forgive me, I didn't realize you were there. You must think me horribly rude!"

"Not at all. You looked lost in your own thoughts and I did not wish to intrude on those thoughts."

Halyn smiled and said, "You would not be so much an intrusion as a distraction."

She blushed and said, "What would your name be, my pensive acquaintance?"

"Lord Halyn, the son of the Captain of the Kellquenti Elite Guard of Gondor and the Lady Gwenneth."

"And your mirror image over there?" she nodded at his twin.

"That would be Gwyndr. He's the younger of us, and for some reason, he is more popular with the ladies than I, as you can see," he chuckled, as the two of them watched his brother fend off the attentions of several bar maids.

She laughed as well and said, "My name is Anorwen."

Halyn smiled. "Tis a pleasure to meet you, Lady Anorwen."

The beauty shook her head. "I am not a Lady. It is just Anorwen. My family has no status. I have worked my entire life for the things I have, so please, I do not wish you to confuse me with one of those pretentious types, my Lord Halyn."

Halyn took her hand and kissed it. "Well, then, I insist on you calling me Halyn. All of my friends do."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2006 08:02
As the brightness of the day became the dark drizzle of dusk, Glyndr arrived at the Inn that he and his family had stayed at on their journey to Gondor.

The Captain had ridden non-stop since he had left the city, and would have ridden through the night to reach his home, if his horse had not needed food, water and rest.

Glyndr cursed the King as he rode into the cobbled stable yard, the jealousy that always burned deep in his soul had now become dangerous.

Black twigs glistened and dripped water droplets into the puddles on the cobbles, Sylstar’s breath steam in the cold, damp air.
The weather matched Glyndr’s mood.

“Tend the animal well”, Glyndr ordered a stable lad who had come to take the stallion, “ Take care, it will be your own fault if the stallion kicks or bites you, you have been warned”.

Glyndr swept across the wet cobbles, a cold mist was beginning to form, and the drizzle seemed to sweep in clammy waves across the Inn courtyard.

The Elf walked into the warmth of the dimly lit Inn, his dark hair and cloak, glistening in the flickering light with tiny water droplets .

He eased his aching shoulders then made his way towards the bar.
“An ale and a room for tonight”, he said as he threw a few silver coins on the bar top.

“Oh, and stabling and feed for my horse”, he added another two coins, the sliver discs chimed as they bounced across the wooden surface.

Certainly my Lord Glyndr,” the Innkeeper remembered the Kellquenti Elf only too well.
The bar maid had not stopped crying for hours after Glyndr had left.
“The same room as before my Lord”, he said as he pushed the key and a tankard of ale towards Glyndr.
He might not like the Elf , but he paid his bills, and money was money in businesss.

Glyndr leant back on the wall at the bar and took a long drink of ale as he surveyed the room.
He smiled his infamous, wicked half smile as he watched the serving girls as they moved amongst the tables.

His gaze moved to the fireside . He looked closer; the young ellon there seemed very familiar.

“Halyn,” Glyndr hissed in disbelief.
He slammed the tankard on the bar top and moved swiftly towards him.

“Halyn”, Glyndr growled as he stood glaring at his son, “I thought I told you to return home, Why did you disobey me and stay here?”
Glyndr glanced around, “And where is that brother of yours? Valar! what does it take to make you two just listen to me, and do as I say?”

It was then that the raven-haired Elf saw her next to Halyn.

How had he not noticed her there before?

His ice blue eyes fixed on Anorwen in a steady unblinking gaze.
“Halyn,” he said after a short while, his voice low, “Introduce me to the lady”.

Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2006 09:26
Prince Elfwine was curious. Intently curious of this lovely little creature who walked so daintily behind her brother; but with such graveness and such a damming sense of duty that it did little to ease the nervous ebbs of tension dousing the Rohirric entourage. He wondered what sorrow caused the sparkle to dim from her eyes; what ache boiled sorely behind every smile, every quick dart of her blue, blue eyes.

" She has the ambiance of an unhappy elf" Grimwulf noted rather candidly, whispering gruffly into Elfwine's ear as the pair led the party down the Great Hall's grand aisle.

The Prince let his eyes sift evasively over to where Morwenna was led back into the privy chambers to re-dress for the Ball.

" Hold you tongue Grimwulf. That is your future Queen." Without another word Elfwine donned a mantle of aloof majesty, agknowledging the King and Imrahil as he passed with a steady bow.

" He is wary of us father. But then so would I be if the Queen of a country I was marrying into refuses to return". Eldarion remained unshaken at his son's stiff rebuke. Instead he simply sighed, clapped his son brusquely on the back and smiled warmly as Gwenneth moved to his side. Imrahil edged backwards, eyes suddenly sharp as they glided very slowly from the King to this elleth. And back again. " You will do as you please; such is your way" Eldarion stipulated with a wolfish little chuckle, eyes warm as Gwenneth's lips danced across his cheek. Gwenneth had ignited Eldarion's confidance again, infused him with a hope that what Gondor had possesed - the felicity of marrigae - the stability of peace - could be reforged. Ceinwyn would come back. She must.

[Edited on 2/5/2006 by Etaina]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2006 01:47
Gwenneth smiled warmly back at her King, her emerald eyes glowing from within, burning with a light not seen by anyone in a long time. She had caught the look from Imrahil, his gaze as it passed from his father to her and back again.

She had seen that look many times before. It was the same kind of look Ceinwyn had had when she had first arrived and asked Gwenneth if the rumours about her being intimate with the then-Prince were true.

Gwenneth flicked a piece of fluff lightly from the shoulder of the tunic the King wore, and said softly, "You can come see me after the feast, can't you, Eldarion? We have much to discuss, and Castlyn can bring me a plate of food from the kitchen so I can eat while we discuss matters important to Gondor, including some that pertain to Lord Glyndr, and to my sons."

Her eyes flickered slightly for a moment as she stared into Eldarion's eyes, her Kellquenti magic and charm catching his gaze for just a moment, even though he was unaware of it happening. She then smiled again, and said, "Please tell Morwenna that Halyn sends his regards, and that he is teribly sorry for intruding on her life like that. He did not mean to cause problems."

Gwenneth stepped back and said, "I will see you later, then, my King. Castlyn has moved my things out of your bedchamber and into mine, so I shall be able to relax in my old bed and will not need to worry about having to move again."

Her eyes were warm as she bowed her head to her king, but the warm did not remain in them when she looked at Imrahil. "Prince Imrahil." She bowed her head to him and then swept out, going to her bedchamber to rest and await her King's presence.

Halyn looked up, startled and said, "Ada, Gwyndr and I felt that perhaps we should remain close by in case Naneth needed us." He looked at the lovely lady beside him and said, "This is Anorwen."

The young-looking elleth looked Glyndr up and down, and said, icily, "I will never understand what it is my sister sees in you."

She looked from one to the other and then at Gwyndr, who had joined them, and said, "I am Anorwen Malthentinu, sister to Lady Gwenneth of Gondor." She stood and embraced first Halyn, then Gwyndr and said, "I wish to have a word with your Adar alone." The boys nodded and moved to the bar, and Anorwen turned and looked at Glyndr. "You are the reason my sister is dying. You profess undying love for her, but yet, at every opportunity, you think to bed another woman. You were thinking of that when you looked upon me. My advice? Don't think about it. I will kill you." She paused and said, "The only reason my sister still lives is because there is a true love, a true warmth in her life. That is what keeps her alive, and it doesn't come from you. I will be travelling to Gondor with my nephews, returning them to their naneth's side."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2006 07:08
“Your naneth wanted you safe.”
Glyndr snapped his gaze from Anorwen briefly and glared at his son, And as far as I am concerned, safe, is home in our own lands “.

“Anorwen”, the Captain echoed her name as he was introduced to her, his gaze returning to the Elleth.

“Gwenneth’s sister?” Glyndr said thoughtfully under his breath. The revelation had surprised him.

Yes, he could see the likeness now in those eyes of hers. Eyes that met his, with ice fire to match his own.

Glyndr shivered involuntarily, as he looked deep into her eyes. Their souls met for a fleeting spark. His lifeblood seemed as ice in his veins.
The Kellquenti Captain knew then, at that very moment who and what she truly was.

“I believe that you would kill me”, he said coldly, “ You will not have to even consider it. I would not dare to try to bed one such as you”.

The demon of jealous anger, returned to burn in a dangerous flame in his pale eyes, as Anorwen spoke of Gwenneth,

“Elleth”, he said, his voice low, and icicle sharp,” Never dare to accuse me of being the cause of my wife’s illness”.

He stepped closer. So subtly that he seemed not to have moved, “ Gwenneth and I have a love bond so strong that not even death can part us.”

Glyndr picked up an apple from a nearby bowl; he studied the red fruit for a brief second before hurling it into the fire.

His sharp eyes snapped back to Anorwen, “Whatever you say or think, I love her with a fierceness you will never hope to understand!”

The flame ignited to become an angry fire, “ That warmth and love you speak of”, he growled, bitterness in his voice.

“I know to what you refer…I know where it comes from. That love is a shallow, pale imitation of the love that Gwenneth and I have. It can NEVER be any more than that!”

Glyndr fought to control his savage anger, the thought of the love and loyalty his Gwenneth had for Eldarion drove him mad.

Gwenneth was his. Glyndr’s jealous possessiveness would make sure she was always his . His Flower.

He took a deep breath and pushed his hair back behind his bejewelled ears twith a trembling hand as he slowly calmed.

Glyndr glanced towards the twins at the bar, “ I have been sent by Gwenneth, to take my sons back to that god forsaken city”, he said to Anorwen.
“ If you are so determined to return to Gondor with Halyn and Gwyndr, then you travel with us”.
The raven haired Ellon turned back to the twins, “We leave for Gondor at first light, your naneth wishes you to return there to be with her”.

Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2006 08:46
[i]Imrahil studied Prince Elfwine with stoic intensity that evening. He bore all the Rohirric majesty, proud and slightly ignorant but not overly so. Rather, etched subtly behind his small, courteous smiles there was a self-assurance which had been forged from countless battles and so, as a fellow warrior, Imrahil could not condem it. Or fear it. Elfwine himself was no fool. He had heard rumours of course. Minis Tirth was ever a hotbed of gossip but now, seated in its midst, he pondered if the whispers were true. No Queen - an empty throne...and a recovering elleth. Grimwulf arched an eyebrow as he caught a flicker of some shadow ripple crossly across Eflwine's strong features.

" Beware the rumours; thier always founded on something".

Morwenna entered then. Robed in pale, pale rosemary silk and with her black hair hung loose, the Princess had never, not once looked so much as the Evenstar. And so less like the Jewel. But Eldarion - and indeed Imrahil - knew better. The same boiling impatience - the same zeal - echoed grimly in the girl's eyes as they swept between the pair, evading Elfwine altogether. Yet she matched his pace, as he stepped down to instigate the first dance, with perfect poise, dutiful and lovely with the mantle of destiny set upon her shoulders.

" You are going to see this elleth then. I overheard" Imrahil noted evenly, careful to keep his voice low. Eldarion frowned slightly before turning to his son.

" I am. We have much to discuss and she, more then most, seems to know exactly what I am thinking even when I can not voice it" he concurred honestly enough. The Prince of Gondor remained unmoved. He had seen how swiftly the elleth's warmth had faded when her green - vividly green eyes, danced across to his face. Gwenneth's influence over the King was unsettling: a threat perhaps and he wagered the elleth knew it or at least knew her position.

" The people miss my mother. As do I - and she" Imrahil mused with a pointed nod towards Morwenna, grave and dignifed as she was led through the dance by Elfwine. The King seemed stunted then. As if some fervour of passion clutched at his soul then abruptly released it, settling to an uneasy smile. A sad smile though, and brutally honest.

" She is missed by us all son. Do not forget it". Eldarion's voice was almost a whisper. But an earnest one.

Elfwine's gaze was palpable fire. It seemed to scold Morwenna as it scoured every inch of her face, intense, determined. What was it he was seeking?

" You fear me" he spoke quietly, urging some reaction. Morwenna said nothing, blue eyes steadfast as they stared emptily out over his head. Elfwine, thorougly intent now, goaded her with a reckless little chuckle. But it was marred, shadowed by the same resolute graveness which doused her own sighs.

" I do not fear you. I fear to face what I cannot have". The Princess finally divulged something at least, though it was with mild suprise she noted the Prince did not mock her. It was empathy she saw in those eyes, sharp and grey as a newly buffed sword.

" I don't need your pity!" Morwenna snapped briskly, recoiling from his arms. And so, as one couple's future seemed volatile, anothers was tested once more. For there, at the bottom of the Great Hall as the wooden doors were thrust ceremoniously open, stood a Jewel, perfect and majestic as ever. The Queen - Ceinwyn - had returned.

[Edited on 3/5/2006 by Etaina]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2006 02:19
Gwenneth heard the whispered excitement of the chambermaids. Ceinwyn had returned. Gwenneth smiled her perfect little smile. It was as she had wished it. It felt good to know she had once again been right in her thoughts, knowing that the Queen would return.

"And so shall Glyndr." She spoke the words out loud to herself as she stood at the looking glass brushing her long hair. She had released it from its braid, letting the waves and curls spill over her shoulders. Even though she had been so recently ill, Gwenneth was still a picture of beauty and perfection. The knowledge that she was, indeed, valuable to Eldarion only served to heighten her beauty, as her smile lit up her face and her eyes.

"My husband shall return, and I shall inform him that until he mends his ways, his place is not meant to be at my side. Until he stops loving the Queen of Gondor, we no longer have a marriage." Her eyes danced with glee, for she knew that Glyndr could never stop loving Ceinwyn. He had desired her since the moment he laid eyes on her, and he had ignored all of Gwenneth's pleadings as to his relationships with other women. Well, she had tolerated it long enough, played the sweet subservient wife for too many years. That was done. And Glyndr would be separated from her. That much she would guarantee.

She walked to the balcony of her room, and looked out over the gardens of the palace. Her thoughts stirred with the knowledge that Imrahil knew that there was desire and love for his father in her gaze he had witnessed. "The boy prince has no idea how much love I hold for Eldarion, or what I will do for him."

Gwenneth knew on instinct that Glyndr had made the acquaintance of her sister Anorwen. She also knew Anorwen would pull no punches when it came to Glyndr. The elleth smiled, her sparkling emerald eyes flashing a darker green for a moment, ringed with black. Glyndr would find out soon enough the formidable team she and her sister could be. He would either bend to their will, or be left broken in the cold earth. Either way, Gwenneth would be pleased.

She was home, where she belonged. At the side of Eldarion, never again to leave him, his best friend, his confidante.

She began to chant in a soft voice the beginnings of a spell, one that could not be broken easily, if at all. "Let anyone try to come between us," she whispered as she turned back to the empty room. "Let them try and let them suffer horribly until they breathe their last. I belong here. Here I shall remain."

There was a knock on the door, and a serving girl entered. "My lady, it is good to see you up and around again. I brought you those papers that were cluttering the top of the King's desk in his study, as you asked." The girl paused and said, "My mother used to be one of the house servants, and she told me when I was a child about the day that Prince Eldarion brought you here. She saw you getting out of the carriage the other day, all pale like, and she wept. She will be glad to know that you are doing so much better and that you are back working for the King."

Gwenneth smiled and said, "Thank you. tell you mother to come see me one of these days." The girl nodded and set the papers down on the small writing desk in Gwenneth's sitting area, and the elleth immediately began setting to work. "Oh, Eldarion, how disorganized you have become in twenty years, my darling friend."

"I am aware of when you are leaving, and I also will speak of your involvement in my sister's illness however and whenever you want. I know you think it is a true love between her and Eldarion that I speak of, of physical desire. You are wrong, Glyndr. It is a pure form of love they share, a love based on friendship and need and respect. Everything yours is not." Anowen swept upstairs to her room, inviting the two boys up later, after she was settled.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email