Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Jewel and The Crown: When the Sun Rises * no new players please*
on: May 12, 2005 09:42
"Felyon!" Gwenneth smiled. She had missed the delicate elf so much. She turned and hugged him, and said, "I am so glad to see you." Then her eyes filled with tears. "Now I must tell you as well."
She paused for a moment, and then explained everything to Felyon. He was stunned by the news, stunned and heartbroken. His eyes filled with tears that quickly overflowed.
Before he could say anything, the door opened and in walked the twins, looking resplendent in their Kellquenti black and silver. A perfectly matched pair, save their eyes.
Gwenneth stood and stepped between them, saying, "Boys, this is Felyon, an old friend of mine, and an older one of your Ada. Felyon love, these are our sons, this is Halyn," indicating the one on her left, "and Gwyndr," motioning to the right.
"Both the boys sketched a slight bow, and offered their hands in greeting. Gwenneth stood back a step and said, "Felyon is an artist." That set Halyn asking him questions about art, and Gwyndr asking questions about Glyndr.
"That should make him think less about being sad," she whispered to Glyndr, just as Castlyn slipped through the door and came to stand beside his brother.
She smiled at both sets of twins, and then slipped out in to the hall and she made her way to the Royal chamber, knocking softly on the door, hoping that she wasn't interrupting. She could hear voices within, and she wanted to apologize for keeping her illness from them for so long.

[Edited on 12/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 12:49
The Sylentor's world suddenly fell apart.. Gwenneth, his most precious Gwenneth had told him she was dying..Glyndr! ..Oh Glyndr.. Gwenneth!!!!!!!!!!!!" Felyon's kind heart broke.. He fought back desperate tears.Tears that fell in rivers down his pale face.
Felyon turned as the door opened , he wiped his tears on sapphire silk, " The twins".. Felyon smiled through his tears,....Gwenneth and Glyndr would not die.. the twins would keep them alive forever.
Gwenneth introduced them to Felyon, he bowed in return .
The Sylentor eager to speak of art to one, and of Glyndr to the other,Felyon answered their questions , So happy and absorbed, he did not see Gwenneth slip past Castlyn, from the room.
Glyndr and Castlyn stood side by side, ice blue met ice blue in mutual understanding..Castlyn was very afraid for his twin.. Glyndr had always been unpredictable, He feared the impact Gwenneth's death would have on his brother..
He feared what impact it would have on himself.
He loved her with a love that matched his brother's......
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 09:09
The mood in the royal chamber seemed sapped all of piteous joy as Gwenneth entered as it became instead doused with a bitter but resolute drudgery of compulsive sadness. The King, slightly haggard, was leaning against the corner of the stone hearth, mouth twisted into an inaubible grumble of pain. But it was his wife, calm, placid Ceinwyn, who swept forwards to welcome the frail elleth, embracing her with a warmth carried for over eighteen years. " Sit, sit" she urged kindly, ushering her to the Queen's seat opposite the hearth and pausing at its shoulder. " Husband" she spoke softly into the stale silence. " Eldarion" she stipulated more firmly this time as he checked himself, shook his head, and managed a brief shaky smile for the elleth. " What are we to do now my little clerk eh?" he mused sourly, running his free hand slowly across his chin. " Everything is changed..we have all changed and you-" he sighed desperately " you are dying! Forgive my blubbering..it is just a shock. Just a terrible shock". Ceinwyn's eyes dropped mournfully to the floor before sweeping upwards, offering a small smile to the elleth. A change of tack perhaps. " You look very beautiful Lady - but then I always thought so, even when we were young...that day, at the Joust? We must have another whilst you are with us to celebrate old times wouldn't you say?" she chuckled fondly, drawing a chair aside to Gwenneth. " The Christening is in less then an hour..please, stay wait with me while I dress...the maids still fluster so awfully you know" she smiled ruefully when, resting her palm to the elleths she sighed. " What has been said has been said. And what will happen will happen; but at least, as a mark of our respect let your last pass in no unease or trouble. Let us live whatever is given as when we were young and in our prime...death will look after itself" she noted softly as Eldarion's bitterness cooled slightly, a small smile preying upon his lips. " What say you husband?" Ceinwyn shot the question lightly across the room until the King, nodding his head dolefully, sniffed, smiling bravely at such a dear friend. " We will walk with you until the end. As we always have"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 10:15
Gwenneth hugged Ceinwyn in return, and then looked to Eldarion as Ceinwyn ushered her to her seat. "It is a shock, I know, and that is why I couldn't tell you before. It didn't seem right to me to tell you in a letter, and with the War, and so many things happening, in all our lives, I couldn't be here before now."
She blushed at the compliment, and for just a few moments, with the color returning to her cheeks, and her smile lighting up her face, she looked like the Gwenneth of old. "I always thought you were more beautiful, my Queen, and always so at ease. I was too much a weepy maid. Oh, the Joust! Oh, I remember it so very well, I used to tell the boys the story of that day when they were little. The day their Ada won his joust for me. I would love to see another joust." She looked at the floor and the tears came to her eyes again. When she looked up again, she said, "It would mean the world to me to remain with you, Ceinwyn. Thank you. You are right. The past is the past and there is nothing we can do about it. I have much to be thankful for in my life. My husband, my boys, my family, my friends." She squeezed Ceinwyn's hand, and then stood and hugged her, and then hugged Eldarion. "Thank you, both of you. Neither one of you will ever know how much I love and respect both of you."
Halyn and Gwyndr had been so busy talking with Felyon, they had not noticed their mother slip out of the room. Now when Halyn glanced over and noticed her gone, he panicked for a moment.
"Ada, where is Naneth?" He jumped up from his seat on the bed, and Gwyndr stopped talking and began to rise.
"It's alright. Your naneth needed to go make sure the King and Queen are all right."
Halyn nodded, and sank back down. That's my mother, he thought. Always thinking about the feelings of others.
His train of thought was interrupted by a short tap on the door. Glyndr opened it, and nodded, then closing it.
He smiled. "It seems your mother is going to be assisting the Queen in preparing for the Christening, so we will not see her until right before it begins."
Gwyndr stood. "Well, Ada, I say we each take a moment to toast our mother and ask the Valar to make the time she has left, however long it be, the happiest days of her life."
Halyn smiled at his twin and went over and began pouring goblets. They knew that Gwenneth would get all flustered if she knew of this, so they all agreed to keep it between themselves.
The twins handed round the goblets, and Halyn raised his glass and said, "To our Naneth, the Flower, Gwenneth."

[Edited on 13/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2005 11:55
Felyon was in his element, He had two eager listeners, the sociable Sylentor loved the attention
He chatted in depth to Gwyndr of Glyndr, but true to form, he did not break any confidences on the darker side of Glyndr's past.
Felyon was delighted when he found Halyn was interested in art,and had a deep knowledge of the subject.He had just begun a conversation on the use of light in a portrait when Halyn noticed that Gwenneth had gone,Felyon turned ,"Gwenneth?",He looked to Glyndr for an answer,his voice held the same concern as the twins'.
The terrible realisation came flooding back,The sensitive Sylentor swallowed back fresh tears.
He relaxed as Glyndr explained that she had gone to see the King and Queen,but a coldness still lingered in his warm heart.

Glyndr took his wine goblet , he toasted Gwenneth with the others, then walked out onto the balcony.
He looked out over the City and the wide lands beyond.Even in the bleak, grey light the lands and City were still beautiful.
The Kellquenti Captain, looked to the hills and the oak, the river and the forest....All held such vivid memories.
Glyndr gripped the goblet hard, the coldness of the wine icy on his skin.
He turned back and walked back into the room,"The Cristening will be taking place soon," he said quietly as he put his goblet on the table, "I am going out for a while, I will meet you there".

Glyndr took Sylstar, he rode to the oak on the hill.
Sylstar snorted, bucked and reared as the cold winds blew loose leaves in flurries around them, Glyndr turned the stallion's head to the forest.He urged him forward, and let him fly..
They rode the path of the race, Glyndr re living each point as they passed,forest and river, to return to the oak.
He let Sylstar graze as he sat beneath the oak..
Glyndr looked back towards the city gate, he would have to return soon.
"Flower"..he sighed."please Valar...let her live long enough to see another spring, Let her last days be in sunshine and warmth, and not in these cold, grey , dark days of autumn"...
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 07:51
The great hall had bloomed into a stunning tableau of Royal decadene by the time Lady Edith stood infront of the ranks of noblemen and women, snorting richly at the stewards piteous attempts at wooing this Lady of Soar. " Try someone from your own gene pool toad" she sneered coolly, eying the bundle of white cloth from which peeped a flushed, paunchy face with something of a detatched regard. " And you had better behave" she noted plainetivly, smiling as the babe wriggled in her grasp. This one would grow up to be as impestuous and strong willed as his mother; but for now, shrouded in a cloth of gold linen he was nothing more the epitome of innocence. Queen Ceinwyn and the King were poised on the dias with great tufts of golden drapes falling to the ground behind them, low lit lamps casting an oblique glow to frame their slender, well garbed figures. Yet the lingering dregs of sadness, albeit in a more resolute sense, still hung subtly about thier smiles as they formed readily for the eager spectators, outwardly the revered King and Queen of old. Ceinwyn cast a roving eye about the packed hall, smiling at where Gwenneth had been placed in guest of honour next to the Queen herself. A perfect jewel, she mused inwardly, wondering at the insolence of fate, snatching such a close if estrangled ally whilst others - terrible others, still breathed in the grassy plains of middle earth. Eldarion seemed to mellow in the calm presence of his wife, her voice - her smile acting as a balm to the seething wound grief had welded deep within his heart, festering into a chasm of bitterness as his eyes snapped briskly to where Lord Glyndr stood grand and reserved in the low lit crowds of the hall. Ceinwyn noted his movements carefully, gauging the depth of his anger. Of his loathing. Yet as his daughter emerged into the royal crowds his mood lessened slightly, her aura of hope quelling an otherwise sour disposistion. Placing herself mere inches from Halyn, she shone in a simple linen gown of green hue, bright eyes smiling on the babe held in her aunts arms.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 10:48
The proud Kelquenti Captain reached the stables.. he barked orders at the stable lads to attend his stallion.
Glyndr slipped as pefectly as ever un noticed into the hall.
He smiled his half smile as he saw his Gwenneth placed as guest of honour. "Flower.. be strong... " he willed her his strength ... "My love.. live this day.. take my strength.. your King and Queen give their love too"

Glyndr stood alone amongst the crowds.. his sons stood near to that damned sour faced b****. Edith , and , he noticed , Felyon's new obsession, Morwenna.was perfectly close to Halyn.
Glyndr smiled, Yes Morwenna , she would feature strongly in his life now.. He welcomed it.
Glyndr's Elven senses turned him towards Eldarion.. "Yes" he thought.."you and I have much to discuss ..Before......before..."
Glyndr turned away.. today was a celebration of a new life...a new beginning..Oh how he wished that he and Gwenneth could have concieved a daughter after their twin
sons,.....A perfect Gwenneth, It was not to be..........
Glyndr joined the others in the celebration....but his heart..his Kellquenti soul was not in it.................
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 11:14
Gwenneth surveyed the crowd. She saw her boys, and Castlyn, and Glyndr, and Felyon. Then she saw morwenna slip into the room and saw how closely she positioned herself to Halyn. Gwenneth smiled. She hoped that this meant that Morwenna was willing to get to know her elder son.
Although sahe still didn't understand why she was placed in the seat of a guest of honor, she did admire the view. It gave her a chance to see everything. It also placed her above the crowd so she could hear everything as well. Like Edith's comments. Still the b**** after all this time. Gwenneth wondered idly what had happened to Victor. She would have to ask Ceinwyn.
That poor infant. Having to suffer through life with Edith as a mother. She saw Castlyn stifle a laugh and realized she had thought it hard enough for him to pick up on it. They had been practicing a link to each other in case something happened and she needed to call to him. Apparently it was working.
Halyn was very aware of the princess's presence next to him. He turned his head slightly and smiled at her, and then turned back around. his brother elbowed him in the side, and Halyn nodded toward their mother. Gwyndr looked up on the dias and saw his mother raise her eyeborows at him and he immediately flushed and looked down. He felt the chastising look just as clearly as if she had said something directly in his ear.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2005 03:25
Felyon found his way to Glyndr's side, the pale Sylentor now resplendent in cinnamon coloured silks.
Glyndr smiled at his friend,"I see that little madam Edith is as elegantly Ladylike as usual," he nodded towards her,"I have more well mannered soldiers in my Guard than her".
Felyon giggled ,"Glyndr ,don't be so rude..she may hear you".
Glyndr shrugged, "So? I could do with a good shouting match",His gaze went back to Eldarion, "I think he does too, and I can guess who with".

Felyon sighed as he noticed how Morwenna stood close to Halyn," Oh Glyndr look" he whispered close to Glyndr's ear,"Don't they look wonderful side by side?"
Glyndr stared at his soulmate,"Felyon. you are no matchmaker , now stop that!"
Felyon pretended to look hurt, " Of course I am not.." he smiled, a glint in his moss green eyes, "I have asked the Princess Morwenna if she would honour me with her company again, I was going to suggest that she join me on a morning out sketching in the gardens...and as Halyn is so fond of art, I was going to ask if he would like to join us".
Glyndr shook his head, "Sylentor, do not give him ideas that may never happen., you know as well as I that he aims too high in her".He said with a half smile, Secretly,Glyndr had every hope for his son winning her affections.
Felyon just huffed and looked back towards Morwenna and Halyn ,"Perfect" he smiled.

Glyndr kept glancing at Gwenneth all through the ceremony, He was concerned for her ,and hated bieng away from her side, He saw Castlyn standing as close as he could to where she sat, it made him a little happier.
"How much longer?" Glyndr complained to Felyon, He wanted the ceremony to finish so that he could get back to Gwenneth, "She is looking tired, it's a long day for her".
Felyon glanced towards Gwenneth, "Yes," he said softly, "she does" He put his slender hand on Glyndr's arm, "I am sure the ceremony will end soon".

[Edited on 14/5/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2005 06:55
The ceremony did end soon, but not soon enough for Gwenneth. Her tiredness was making her irritable, and she knew that was not a good thing. Her smile was becoming a bit strained by the end of it, but she was bound and determined she was going to remain there, just as she would have twenty years before, when she had been healthy.
Castlyn smuggled her a goblet of water, laced with mint and a powder concoction that served to restore a little of her energy, just enough to take the edge off her temper. She was able to finish out the ceremony without any problems.
Once the ceremony ended, Halyn turned and looked at Morwenna. "Beautiful ceremony, was it not, Princess Morwenna? It must be even more special for you. I understand you have a strong adoration for this child." His emerald eyes, just like his mother's glowed with an emerald light when he smiled. "i was very glad to finally meet you. Both of your parents wrote avidly about yourself and your brother to my mother." It took a great strength of will for him to be able to say all of that without becoming tonguetied in the face of the beautiful princess.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2005 11:25
Castlyn made his way to Gwenneth as the ceremony ended, He ignored protocol and went straight to where she sat.
"Gwenneth" He smiled a perfect mirror image of Glyndr's half smile, "Come , let me help you to your room, I think you have had enough for now". Castlyn took her hand and helped her to her feet.
"Yes brother she has". Glyndr appeared suddenly at Gwenneth's side as if out of nowhere. "I think it is my place to take my wife to her room". Identical Ice blue eyes clashed in a frost frozen glare.
"Your place is..." Castlyn began, He stopped, he did not want to make a scene, He was going to say that his brother's place was with easy women in darkened back alleys, He did not, he knew Gwenneth still loved his depraved brother.
"Gwenneth", he spoke softly to her, "Go now with Glyndr. I shall come to see you in a half hour", Castlyn stared at Glyndr, daring him to deny him the right to attend Gwenneth.
Glyndr nodded, He was close to his brother. too close, he knew Castlyn loved her, and would do anything for her,
Glyndr felt all the guilt return as he slid his arm around Gwenneth's frail shoulders,"Valar, remember my prayer, take my damned, cursed soul, spare hers",he thought .
"Castlyn", he spoke his brother's name as he looked at him, "Sorry". his eyes said silently.

Felyon had slipped away as Glyndr had gone to Gwenneth, The Sylentor made his way to Morwenna and Halyn.
He bowed almost regally in his perfectly refined way,
"My Lady, Master Halyn, I am going to spend tomorrow morning sketching in the walled gardens, I do love the colours and textures there, Even now, in the dark days of autumn there is such vivid fire in the trees and late flowers".
He smiled warmly at them both,"I would be greatly honoured if you both would join me, I know that you both are knowledgeable and proficient in the subject and would very much love your company."
Felyon's bright green eyes looked eagerly at them as he waited for their response.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2005 12:17
Gwenneth leaned silently on Glyndr the whole way back to their room, and it wasn't until they were safely ensconced in the room and he was tucking her in, that she finally spoke.
"You have to stop hating everyone."
He looked quizzically at her and continued what he was doing.
"You hate Eldarion still, because he loves and cares so deeply for me, even only as a friend, because he respected me enough to abide by my wish to serve him for those years. You hate the boys, because my heart stopped whil;e giving birth. you hate Castlyn, both because he brought me back to this life of pain, and because he can't cure what ails me, no matter how strong his magic is." She paused and said, "And because he loves me with his whole heart, and you cannot."
He stood and opened his mouth to protest, and she held up her hand, "Or will not. Glyndr, you even hate yourself, because you think you caused this. You didn't. This is something that was an accident of the way I was born. nothing can or will change it. But your fear of losing me and your hatred of everyone and everything is going to drive a wedge between us for good, and I don't want to leave this world without you by my side. Regardless of everything, I love you. I have loved you with my whole being right from the start, and no matter what you have done to hurt me or make me feel bitter and lonely, that is not going to change." She held her arms out to him, and said softly, "Come to me, Glyndr, and lay with me, in the place where you belong."
Halyn blushed at the offer and said, "Thank you, Master Felyon, I would be honored to be there. I cannot speak for the princess, but I would be honored as well if she would grace us with her presence as well."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2005 12:55
Glyndr was very careful as he helped Gwenneth back to her room, He could feel that she was not happy.
They entered the room and he gently helped her prepare , and settle into her bed.
He was not prepared for the profound words she spoke, telling him not to hate..
How could she know how much he hated, feared and loved..how much his dark soul loved only her, with a jealousy that even defied the love he had for his most precious sons.
"Gwenneth..Flower..you are right I do hate, I hate because everything you have said is true.. Gwenneth.. all that matters to me.. all that I live for is you.." Glyndr took a deeep breath as he fought back angry, frustrated tears.
"Flower , condemn me as you must but whatever happens, you are my life..and I shall love the boys as I love you , they are after all , all of you and me".
Glyndr smiled the perfect half smile, " Yes Flower",
The Kellquenti slid into her arms, he held her close, "
" I am here,"
Glyndr still hated.
Glyndr still loved with a passion.
Glyndr waited..........
How long?

[Edited on 15/5/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2005 08:19
Gwyndr and castlyn went to Ceinwyn and Eldarion, informing them that Gwenneth had returned to her rooms for a short nap, and thanking them again for the opportunity to be at the Christening. Then the pair went outside to the garden and sat on the bench the boys had shared with their mother earlier.

"What is it?" Gwyndr said, once they were sitting and he could see his uncle's face clearly.
Castlyn sighed. "I keep wishing there was something more I could do for Gwenneth. She is one of the loveliest creatures I have ever known."
"Why have you never married? I am sure you could find a woman who would cherish you."
Castlyn turned and looked at Gwyndr. "Because I am in love with your mother, and have been from the first moment I laid eyes on her. Yes, she and your father both are aware of this."
He turned away, and tears filled his eyes. "But even that love is not strong enough to save her."
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 05:38
* sorry it took so long: had exams today and been reivisng *

Morwenna's voice mirrored the earnest warmth within her eyes as they rested wistfully on the gurgling tiny bundle of cloth wriggling in Edith's arms, a unified hush sweeping the ranks of spectators at this glimpse of peace; of sacred life in the chasm of volatile war. " All good things I hope!" she chuckled curiously, lips curving into the most gentle of smiles as she stared thoughtfully at his handsome young ellon. " Little Harold will be a boisterous young fellow...my second cousin I do believe though he is more of a brother. My little darling" she cooed fondly, shaking her head at her own softness." I must be boring you with all this womanly nonsence! You must excuse women when their around children...we just melt" she sighed whimsically, tracing Halyn's words back through her memory. " Ah my brother - you would like him I think" she noted softly " but then all who meet him love him. He is like my father in that respect" she added proudly, chancing a brief but loving glance over to where the bearded, grave faced King stared quite aloofly at his little nephew. Morwenna watched as her mother eyed him almost cautiously yet the smile of polite adoration never left the Queen's face though her eyes remained remote. Impassive. Morwenna's thoughts drifted tangibly over the dregs of sadness lingering in thier smiles as they turned to gaze at one another...just what was it that she couldn't qutie place? what shadow hung so avidly over thier spirits? Snapping abruptly from her musings, a smile once again warmed her mouth as Feylon arrived, resplendant as ever. " What a wonderful idea!" she declared eagerly, looking from one elf to the other. " It shall save me wondering the halls alone...father is out tomorrow. Again" she managed to keep her smile fixed as the words stumbled casually from her lips yet the ache remained still - the fear that her father, the King would leave but never return in this life. " And our Queen is visiting the Lady Eowyn in the nearest hamlet in the provinces. I would like nothing better" she stipulated earnestly, eyes sliding subconciously to Halyn's face. So well boned...and so gentle..
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 09:17
"Well then, it shall be my pleasure to spend time with you tomorrow. That way i know you will not be bored, or have nothing to do." Halyn spoke softly, his words and his voice so much of an echo of Gwenneth's. He smiled at her, and exyended his arm. "Is there anywhere you would have an escort to right now?"
Castlyn slipped into the room quietly. Gwenneth was asleep in Glyndr's arms, and he had to convince his brother to let go of his bride long enough for Castlyn to examine her.

"Well?" Glyndr said.
"Well, she seems to be fine at the moment. I don't detect any new disturbances in her aura."
Glyndr laid back down with her and pulled her close again. He patted the bed and invited his twin to relax as well.

[Edited on 16/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 03:32
Castlyn did as Glyndr asked, He lay back and stared at the cieling.
He was completely at a loss, He had tried a new potion for Gwenneth, and had had great hopes that it may have had some lasting effect.
It had not.
He turned his head to look at Glyndr, their eyes met,"Castlyn," Glyndr said quietly, "We cannot stay here indefinitely, the invitation was for the christening",He looked at Gwenneth still sleeping in his arms," I fear that she may not wish to return home, I shall ask her when she wakes, If she wishes to stay, I must ask the King and Queen if we can stay longer. I will not leave her Castlyn".
Castlyn nodded "I am sure that they have already thought of that." he smiled at the pale beauty asleep in his brother's arms, "I too will not leave her".

OOC I've moved on to next day...but can edit if necessary.

Felyon was up early, He rushed around his room excitedly, gathering sketch pads , pencils and charcoal from various bags.
The artist always carried parchment and pencils with him.
He placed them neatly in a canvas bag along with a huge fruitcake and two bottles of his rose petal cordial.
Working outside always made him hungrier than normal. He had decided they would have a picnic.

The Sylentor brushed down his daffodil yellow silk robes then hurried to the walled gardens.
He looked at the bright sky,such a contrast to the previous day's grey.
"The gods are smiling on me for once ", he said as he walked beneath the stone archway and into the gardens.

Felyon looked around, He wondered if Morwenna and Halyn were already there..
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 07:13
Morwenna dressed that morning with peculiar and unprecedented speed, scuttering through the high arched corridors and arriving, panting slightly before Felyon, with an eager but charming grin of youth's blessed health. The previous night Hayln had offered her his arm in escort and led her back to her chamber but there were so many questions...so much curiosity he seemed to encur from this spirited Princess that, as she leaned idly against the ivy covered wall, the anticipation seemed to shroud her aura. But the echo of her mothers dour smile the previous night and the flints of anxiety which dampened the mood of the castle seemed to mar the memories of the revels of the night before. The Queen, polite and indifferent as ever to her own pain, focused on the agony of her husbands, yearning for the calm - the warm King she'd come to love so completely. And the father whom ensured the Princess would never, never come to any harm. " They are all asking me if she is well" she mused aloud " my mother. I can only say so much...Feylon will she not talk to you?" she urged earnestly, eyes wide " she's so controlled and careful...I have never seen her cry, never! Surely that is not good...no human can suffer the silence of neglect and with what everyone expects of her" she shrugged listlessly." Perhaps the Lady Eowyn may allow some shred of humanity to realese itself..away from the eyes of the castle. Faramir too - he could help my father" she noted dourly, shaking her head before it tilted to one side. " Do you know why they are so sober? So...detatched?" she frowned
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 08:11
"Ah my Lady", Felyon beamed a moss green smile as he found Morwenna leaning on a wall." 'Tis such a perfect day for our sketching.. the light so crisp".

"Oh, my Lady ,your dear mother and I have a trusting friendship, on most subjects she will speak freely with me.. but on personal matters I must leave it to her to come to me if she wishes to speak of them".
Felyon pushed his pale gold hair back over his shoulders, he wore it loose for a change,"Please, my Lady, sit with me while we await Halyn ", The Sylentor brushed leaves from a bench and bade her sit.
He sat next to her and looked earnestly at her inquisitive face," I believe I may know what clouds their happiness, but I am not at liberty to say anything," Felyon smiled warmly, "My Lady , do not think ill of me for not answering your question ,for indeed , I do not know if my assumption is correct, it would cause such frightful embarrassment if I am wrong, and indeed I may very well be" .
Felyon placed one of his canvas bags on his lap,"I think it best that they tell you in their own time, after all, you are no longer a child, and should not be treated as such".
The Sylentor took two apples from the bag, he gave one to Morwenna and kept one for himself.
"My Lady" Felyon nibbled daintily at his apple, " I would like you to know that if ever you need another to talk with on any subject, that I would be most pleased if you would come to me." His smile widened,"I should like to be considered as your friend ,as I am your mother's and father's".
Felyon glanced up towards tghe stone arch, "Oh I think Halyn is here,now we can begin our sketching" The Sylentor patted the canvas bag,"I have fruitcake and rosepetal cordial for later, I hope you like both"...

[Edited on 17/5/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2005 10:58
Halyn strolled over to the two of them, his golden hair shining in the sunlight and giving him the aura of an angel. He smiled as he sat down, his emerald eyes glowing warmly at Morwenna.
"You look absolutely stunning today, Princess," he said, taking her hand and kissing it. "And Master Felyon, you look positively radiant."
"So what is it that we are talking about today?"

Gwenneth stirred slightly. She awoke and found herself wedged securely between two bodies, those of both Glyndr and Castlyn. She smiled and thought again how lucky she was to be able to be loved by both.
She looked toward the door, and she saw a faint flicker of a shadow. She knew she did not have much time left. For her to last until spring would be a miracle in itself.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2005 11:54
Felyon's smile matched the sunlight.
"Oh , master Halyn.. I am so pleased that you were able to join us" , He tossed another apple at Halyn as he rummaged in the canvas bags, "I thought that we might sketch the trees and sky today.. both are perfect in this light" , Felyon handed Morwenna and Halyn a sketch pad each and numerous coloured pencils, "Ah yes", The Sylentor grinned, "I know coloured pencils are a rarity. I have many, use them well ",
Felyon was the perfect teacher, both Halyn and Morwenna were already well schooled in the art but the Sylentor taught them much more of light , colour texture and feeling than they would ever learn from even the greatest masters.
Felyon lived his art.
He knew that his two young pupils also felt that way.
"Time for a break!". Felyon placed his pad on the stone bench. He poured rose petal cordial and cut huge slices of fruitcake.
The sensitive Elf watched the two young pupils as they sat together... he smiled indulgently..., "Pefect" .

Glyndr lay beside Gwenneth.. he felt a cold chill , a cold that drove deep into his soul..
Castlyn felt the same cold ice freeze his own soul.
The twins looked at each other, they looked towards the door.
A dark shadow lingered there , They both knew Death when they saw it ..Kellquenti magic gave them that power,
Glyndr turned away."Castlyn" he fought back desperate tears,"Castlyn, it has come for her.. help me fight it! I wil not let it
take her!"..

[Edited on 18/5/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2005 12:15
"My love..." Gwenneth said, taking his hand in hers. "He has been there, lingering since the day that Castlyn brought me back. Death has not left me alone since then. He has just never ventured into the room when others are present before. It is alright, love, I am not leaving you yet. He won't come take me that easily." She leaned over and kissed Glyndr softly, and then kissed Castlyn. "My two favorite ellyn, both loving me, worrying about me.What a truly lucky elleth I am."

Halyn not only sketched the trees and sky, but he added a perfect sketch of Morwenna, relaxing in the shade, hair blowing a bit in the breeze. "How does this look, Master Felyon?" he asked, his eyes twinkling.
Felyon looked at the picture and a smile played over his lips and his eyebrow raised. "Perfect. All the loveliness in that scene is extraordainry. Morwenna, what do you think of Halyn's sketch?" Felyon inquired, turneing the sketch pad toward her.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2005 11:13
"Flower", Glyndr smiled his perfect half smile," I have felt His presence , close, too close .always there ..yet I have not felt such fear, such finality until now, Flower I shall fight Him with every charm, spell and curse I have..He will not find it so easy to take you from me". Glyndr returned her kiss. He glanced at his twin..Castlyn looked away, he did not want Gwenneth to see the cold pain in his eyes.. A pain of a love that he could never truly show her. "Gwenneth" he thought to her in their newfound skill.."Gwenneth.I love you.. and I still want you"

Felyon nibbled at his third slice of fruit cake. He took Halyn's sketch eagerly.. and extolled of the perfect beauty of the subject..He gave the pad to Morwenna, he knew Halyn's skills as an artist would serve, he hoped, to bring them closer.
"Ah Glyndr my wonderful soulmate" Felyon thought to himself, "Your son has all your fire and all of dear Gwennneth's soft, gentleness, In Halyn, Gwenneth's virtues are strong..You say he aims too high? Ah no his aim is true".
The Sylentor leant towards Halyn.."The sketch was good,.." His moss green eyes shone with an eager light." Work harder on your subject..oh and if you need any advice..please. I beg youseek me out".
Felyon placed another huge slice of cake in Halyn's hand.
"Enjoy Master Halyn"
The Sylentor winked at him , before pouring more cordial," You have chosen well" he whispered,

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2005 03:15
Gwenneth smiled and said softly, "Glyndr, where are our sons? Please be a dear and go find them, or at least find out where they are. Castlyn, help me up please."
As Glyndr headed for the door, Gwenneth said,"And if Halyn is with Princess Morwenna, don't interrupt."
Once her husband had slipped from the room, she turned and looked at Castlyn. She reached out and touched his face and said softly, "I know you do, Castlyn, as I do you."
At that he inclined his head and kissed her, gathering her into his arms. She returned the kiss, and then pulled back and said, in a tremblong voice, "Is there nothing you haven't already thought of? I know I said I accepted it, but if there is hope, if there is but the slimmest of chances...please Castlyn, answer me honestly. Is there nothing that can be done?"
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2005 04:33
"Of course", Glyndr answered as he reluctantly slid from beside her.
He looked back once, a strange look in his eyes, before he left, closing the door quietly behind him.
He went in search of his sons.

The captain made his way to the walled gardens, He knew Felyon's favourite places, and he remembered that the Sylentor spoke of asking Halyn and Morwenna to join him in sketching.
He stood at the stone archway, and leant against the cold stone.
He saw them.... Felyon, bubbling over with enthusiasm as only the excitable Sylentor could,and Morwenna, as beautiful as her mother sitting next to Halyn.
Halyn, his son.
Glyndr smiled sadly, he knew Gwenneth's death would hit him harder than his brother.So much of Gwenneth's sensitive soul in him.
Glyndr left them. He prayed that Halyn would be lucky in love.

The captain found Gwyndr exactly where he thought he would. At the paddock outside the stables.
He and Gwyndr had been admiring some youngstock earlier, and Gwyndr was now leaning against the fence watching one of the stable lads putting a young colt through his paces on a lunge rein.
Glyndr walked to his son's side silently.
"The colt will make a perfect stallion, his form is perfect".
Gwyndr took after Glyndr in his love of powerful , fast horses.
"At your next birthday I shall buy you one as good as this..It shall be one such as Sylstar , of Elven breeding, I shall help you with him, but I expect you to be the one to do most of the work to train him".
Glyndr turned his gaze from the colt to his son,the strange light still in his eyes, "Come, your Naneth wants you"..

"Gwenneth, my love" Castlyn, stroked her face as he held her trembling body."I have put endless thoughts into trying to find anything that will give you a chance of life".
He sighed as he kissed her forehead, "I have spoken with Felyon, he knows where Mrelyn is, Mrelyn's mastery in herblore is my only hope now, I have tried all else,"
Castlyn continued to stroke her face, "He has promised to go to find my cousin today,then with the Valar's grace,Mrelyn's herbs and our Kellquenti magic,we shall give it our very best , I promise you that"..
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2005 05:35
Morwenna's eager eyes scanned the scene of habitual bliss in which she now sat, drawing master and his two pupils idle under the sweeping bow of a Linton tree. Biting the tip of her pencil thoughtfully, she sketched roughly before frowning at the meagre shades of skill evident within the lines. " I am not as good as fate would perhaps deem me to be....my mother will despair" she chuckled wryly, setting the peice of canvas down and taking a swig of the cordial Feylon offered whilst his earlier words echoed dimly within her mind. So the Queen worries of something....and the King too...sweet sorrow how it mars this day! Breifly, she shot Halyn a smile, impressed at his evident skill as her likeness in his picture was startling; perfect. " Are you a warrior then Master Halyn such as your father? Or does your heart lie in lore and drawing?" she enquired with a curious warmth, easing back against the bark of the tree and running her palm over her head through the delicate, tiny petals of pink pooling from the trees branches. " My mother says there are as much rumours as me drifting about this country and those beyond then there even were of her! Especially in Soar" she mused listlessly, half-turning her face to stare at him. " She sung to me of that place when I was a child...how I long to see those mountains. The call of Soar lingers in my blood still...but then; so does that of Lorien.Pity that since my grandmother passed away that place is only filled with a permanent sadness. There are no elves left to tend to its needs anymore. There is no song" she sighed wistfully, a small if bitter, smile playing upon her lips. " All the elves have sailed across the sea...I am glad though" she added honestly " that not all followed thier path. Otherwise I would never have met you and our parents too would never have become friends. Is that not so?" she grinned softly, eyes darting from Feylon to Halyn.

[Edited on 20/5/2005 by Etaina]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2005 12:25
"Yes that is so, my Lady," Halyn said softly. "In answer to your other question, I have been trained for combat, should the need ever arise again, but being that I bear more of my mother's temperament than my father's, it is not surprising that I have a love of art and the like. Beautiful things catch my eye and I find it hard not to gaze at them." He smiled, a version of his father's half smile, but without the wickedness in it, but rather the softness of Gwenneth's own smile.
"We are some of the few races of elves that will probably never sail, which is why it makes things so much harder with my mother's condition. She could very well sail, leave these shores, but instead she remains, wanting to draw things to a close." He looked down for a moment, blinking away the tears threatening to swell out of his eyes. When he looked back up at Morwenna, it was again with his smile on his face. "Ihave seen lothlorien, it is indeed a sad place now, but I saw it several times before your grandmother died, and it was not so sad." He sighed wistfully, and then perked up, saying, "So, tell me of the life of Princess Morwenna."
"I know you will, Castlyn." Her eyes sparkled at him and she lifted her head, andt easingly flicked her tongue at his lips. He lowered his head, and began kissing her, putting all his fire and passion into it. Her hands slid over his chest and around his neck, pressing her body into his. She broke the kiss and said gasping, " I want your spellwork tonight, I can handle it, please, Castlyn, I have rested enough."
castlyn kissed her neck and then her throat and then said softly, "As you wish, love. Always as you wish."

[Edited on 20/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2005 03:59
Glyndr walked back towards the palace, Gwyndr at his side, the captain was deep in thought."Gwyndr", He stopped suddenly and ran a many ringed hand through his midnight dark hair, "Gwyndr, when your Naneth ..has." he paused finding it difficult to say the words, "When she has left us for Mandos our lives will no longer be the same,I shall be there for you and your brother but I shall devote much more of my life to what I am, A captain in the Kellquenti army," Glyndr looked at his son, the strange, faraway look still in his eyes, "Gwyndr, you and Halyn must decide your paths in life, for you. I hope you may choose to follow me into the Kellquenti Guard as a captain, but of your own choosing, not as I was, forced into the life.think on it , the choice is yours".
He smiled, "Now we really must go to your Naneth".

Felyon smiled a pure self indulgent smile as he watched his two pupils together, He was ecstatic, his plan to bring them closer seemed to be working.
"Oh yes my lady I am also pleased that Sylentor and Kellquenti still remain here in Middle Earth" He stood, "Please excuse me I have an errand to run, and please, I beg you to continue your sketching, I should be delighted to see them on my return," Felyon bowed gracefully and smoothed down his daffodil silks,"We must do this again, I am here until late tomorrow, I had thought to go to the hills to paint, I do hope you can both join me"
With that the Sylentor left them together..

Felyon rode the twenty miles to The Flying Fox Inn situated in a small village north of the City.Mrelyn had been staying there for a month, the hunter had found good hunting in the area and had made a little money in the sale of his catches.
"I shall be but a moment", he told the stable lad who came to take Anmara.
The Sylentor swept across the cobbled courtyard and into the Inn.
He was very aware of the stares he was getting from the customers in the bar, his pale gold hair and bright yellow robes a stark contrast to the dark , dingy inn.
The Sylentor swallowed hard as he made his way to the bar, he heard the familiar vulgar comments as he passed amongst the tables of work dirty farmworkers.
"What can I get You my Lord Sylentor?" The Innkeeper asked ,eyeing Felyon with a peculiar look.
Felyon asked after Mrelyn and was directed to a door that led into another bar .Felyon thanked the Innkeeper and went swiftly into the next bar.
Mrelyn lay sprawled on a chair asleep at the fireside, An ale mug and a plate of unfinished bread and cheese on a table beside him. Ember lay at his feet, the huge hound just as asleep and snoring loudly.
Felyon coughed quietly "Er Mrelyn.."
The copper haired Elf Jumped sending the ale flying and accidentally kicking Ember who yelped loudly.
"Gods!" Mrelyn flew at Felyon"What the.." he snarled angrily.
"F..forgive me" Felyon backed away terrified,
"Felyon?" the angry glare became a grin, "You stupid Sylentor, what are you doing here?"
Felyon explained everything to a now shocked Mrelyn.
Within minutes the hunter had packed all that he needed , within an hour Felyon and Mrelyn were at the city gates and on their way to Gwenneth and Castlyn.
Castlyn pulled her closer, his kisses softer, She had asked for his spellwork for that night, he was pleased .yet anxious, He smiled at her , He ran his fingers through her soft hair,"As you wish" he whispered again." I believe you have rested just enough".

[Edited on 21/5/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2005 12:11
Gwyndr came into the room just ahead of his father, given Gwenneth and Castlyn time to pull apart. Castlyn went over and told Glyndr softly about Gwenneth's request.
She smiled at his expression, and said, "Yes, I am serious, and yes, I am quite sure love." Her brow furrowed. "Where is Halyn?"
Gwyndr said , "He is in the garden sketching with the princess."
"Ahh.Well then, I guess my younger son shall escort me to the marketplace then. I have need to do some shopping."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2005 11:01
Glyndr stood at the open window and watched his wife and son walk across the square towards the market. He never knew he could feel such love for anyone as he did his Flower and his sons, His icecold heart now thawed and vulnerable by that love.
"Castlyn", Glyndr said, not even turning round, "I thank you for your devotion to Gwenneth . You saved her life once and you still continue to do so, I owe you my own life".
Castlyn stood at his brother's shoulder, "I would do anything for her", he said quietly, and he meant it, He would also do anything to make her his.

Felyon walked with Mrelyn from the stables towards the palace to find Castylyn.
"Oh,Mrelyn " Felyon smiled a broad smile, "Look it's Gwenneth and Gwyndr, quickly let us join them", The Sylentor had seen them on their way to the market.
Mrelyn turned to watch her, He paled slightly "Gods Felyon she looks so frail" the hunter whispered to the Sylentor, "but as beautiful as ever".
"Yes", Felyon said sadly, his green eyes beginning to fill with tears, he sniffed, "Come on let us go to them" .The Sylentor wiped the tears on daffodil silk as they went to join Gwenneth and Gwyndr.
"Gwenneth", Mrelyn bowed ,"My beautiful Elleth"
He took her hand and kissed it," I am so glad to see you again"
Mrelyn's amber eyes matched his warm smile"Now let me and Castlyn defeat this curse together>
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2005 11:46
Morwenna's listened with a mute wistfulness to Halyn's words, offering the departing artist the most gentlist of smiles as his bright yellow silks rippled magestically about his frame. " There goes one of the nicest sorts you will ever meet...my mother told me so and as such it must be right" she stipulated proudly, born of Soar and every inch its estrangled Princess. And yet, as she leaned idly against the tree trunk a small sigh escaped her parted, rosy lips, as delicate as a full-blooded elfs. " At least you saw it before it withered into myth and myth into legend...they say Ithilen has roses and garlands to match what once grew there through the careful fingers of Prince Legolas. I must see it" she added with a vacant smile before it mellowed into one of dewy warmth. " I am so very sorry to hear about your mother...it must be awful. I dare not even think what fears must lay seige to your heart" she noted earnestly, biting her lower lip. That then, is what cripples my fathers spirit so...bless him; bless them both! A brief lapse of silence seemed to forge comfortably between the pair as they sat, perched under the blossom tree in perfect unity until Morwenna, hitching herself up to here elbow, grinned wolfishly. " The life of Princess Morwenna...hmm" she mused playfully, rolling her bright blue eyes. " well I eat, drink and sleep in the finest clothes and am protected from even a mere chill. Balls, Galas, dinners....protocol" Morwenna shrugged listlesly, eyes glowing with an inner sparkle as she grinned at Halyn. " But behind the protocal there is the woman. Horseriding Halyn..it is my passion and archery and fencing..ah if I were a man I could be defender of the citadel and march against out foes, brave like my father! But lo - duty means I stay behind walls of stone...needs must I suppose" she sighed whimsically " your life I think, must not be as sheltered as mine; perhaps when they shove me into marriage I may find a suitor worth loving!" she chuckled fondly, shaking her head at the structure royalty still lived by.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 03:30
Gwenneth was surprised and delighted by the sudden appearance of Mrelyn. "Oh it's been such a long time!" she cried, embracing him. "You remember my son Gwyndr. His twin is around somewhere," she said wryly, knowing Mrelyn would not be in a hurry to see her elder son. they had fought the last time that Mrelyn had seen them, protecting his mother's honor against the advances of his father's cousin, who he felt had no right being amorous toward his mother. "Why don't you go up to the room, it's the same one I had all those years ago. Gwyndr and I have some shopping to do."
Halyn smiled at Morwenna. "You share my passions, Princess. Perhaps this evening we might go for a ride. My mother and father tell my brother and me that the grounds are far more extensive then they appear, and I think I should like to have you show me the rest of them."
He touched her hand sympathetically and said, "Perhaps you will not be forced into an arranged marraige. Perhaps you will be one of the lucky ones who falls in love and receives a blessing from your parents." Perhaps I shall be lucky as well and you shall fall in love with me, he thought to himself, the thought stirring a spark of hope in his soul.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 04:53
"Yes of course I remember Gwyndr", Mrelyn grinned at him," I remember only too well how you beat me twice in racing, and how you managed to charm that baker's shop girl to give you that pastry when I had to pay for mine, Ah, you have too many of your father's ways in you for your own good".
Mrelyn smiled and kissed Gwenneth softly on the cheek,"Enjoy shopping, I shall see you later", He turned to Felyon,"Come on Sylentor, let's go find my cousins", Mrelyn slapped Felyon hard on the back, The Sylentor was not prepared for it and fell forward with a squeak in a flurry of yellow silk.
Mrelyn stifled a laugh as he pulled the indignant, dishevelled Sylentor to his feet.
Felyon, very unSylentor like, called him a very rude name when they were out of Gwenneth's and Gwyndr's hearing.
Mrelyn stared at him "Felyon, I am surprised at you, Glyndr is obviously a bad influence on you".
A moss green glare told Mrelyn that if he valued his good looks , then he had better be quiet right now.

They reached Gwenneth's room.
Mrelyn stopped outside the door, he stared at the brass handle, memories flooded back. He swallowed hard to stop him from becoming emotional, the Gwenneth of that time , beautiful, strong Gwenneth was now but a beautiful shadow of herself.
Felyon put his hand on Mrelyn's arm, "Go in", he said quietly, "you and Castlyn are now her only hope and chance".
Mrelyn smiled at the Sylentor as they went in."We are".

"Mrelyn!" Castlyn ran forward. "Gods, I am pleased you are here, we must get to work right away , Felyon has offered his help in preparing the herbs , and he has herb oils of his own" Castlyn moved a vase of late roses from the table, "let's get started I want to try this as soon as possible".
Mrelyn gave Felyon his bag of herbs. "Take these," he said, He had noticed Glyndr at the window, The Captain watched Mrelyn with ice blue eyes that seemed so full of pain and guilt.
"Glyndr" Mrelyn went to face his cousin, "I know," He put his hand on Glyndr's shoulder, "Castlyn and I will fight heaven and hell to save her..Death shall not take her so easily".
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2005 08:25
Gwenneth and Gwyndr spent a little time in the marketplace, and Gwenneth was startled by one woman who had not been treated well by the twenty intervening years walked up and stuck her face close to hers.
"You're Lady Gwenneth, ain't cha?"
"Yes I am. You are?"
"I used to be barmaid. Till I started getting old. I knew your husband. Lord Glyndr. I knew him real well in the stables."
The woman had the nerve, after turning into a vile, wrinkled and fat old woman, to mock her? Gwenneth laughed. She laughed so hard she had to hold on to Gwyndr for support.
"I'm sorry, " Gwenneth said, "But you think you have one up on me because you messed around with my husband in the stable one time, twenty years ago? I have a set of twins by him, and am still married, and still beautiful and still a Lady. You, I am sorry to say, have not been treated as well by the years, and obviously you do not realize you were one of a great many that my husband used to relieve himself so that when he came to bed with me, he would last the night. One of hundreds. You meant nothing to him, and as such, you mean nothing to me." She turned to her tall, and very handsome son, who looked utterly repulsed, and said, "Come, Gwyndr, let us go find your father and you can describe this scene in vivid detail, while I laugh heartily and have some of Felyon's fine rose-petal cordial."
For the first time in years, Gwenneth saw how lucky she truly was. All of the women Glyndr had loved in Minas tirith were going to grow older. She would die still beautiful, still desirable. She sighed happily as she and Gwyndr went up the steps, and said, "Gwyndr, my son, I love you."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2005 11:14
Felyon took the herbs and began preparing them , Castlyn brought water from a chalk spring that bubbled over flint in the walled gardens, The Sylentor and Kellquenti worked together as one, Both loved Gwenneth , each in his own way.
Mrelyn had the mastery of the craft..his last touch would add the magic needed.

For the moment he sat with Glyndr on the wide window ledge.
Glyndr stared out over the city and hills beyond, He sat in silence..His soul in torment..He knew that Death stalked ever closer.. just waiting to take his most precious gift from him.
The stubborn, wicked worker of Kellquenti magic would do, or give anything to defeat it's cold grip, If it asked for his own life in return for hers ,he would give it willingly.
Castlyn, Felyon and Mrelyn knew that..
Mrelyn pushed Glyndr's shoulder, "I shall do my best and my worst" he smiled as he stood to go to the table.
Glyndr followed his cousin.
Mrelyn worked an ancient magic taught to him by his mother, she had learnt it from her mother and her mother before through the centuries..Mrelyn had inherited the gift..the only male to do so in the family line.
Glyndr and Castlyn stood close to each other, they spoke ancient chants and spells as Mrelyn prepared the potion.
Felyon stood back...He knew his soulmate practiced the art..but it still terrified the gentle Sylentor.
"It is done," Mrelyn said softly.
"This is Gwenneth's last hope".He held a crystal glass containing an emerald coloured liquid , that deepened and faded in colour as it moved in the glass.
Three Elves who loved her dearly with all of their love and passion. waited for Gwenneth..with the hope they had worked for her in an emerald glass.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email