Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Jewel and The Crown: When the Sun Rises * no new players please*
on: May 26, 2005 11:50
Morwenna couldn't suprise a short abeit cynical role of the eyes at Halyn's hopeful words, easng back further against the bark and sighing as she stared into the peaceful abyss of pearly blue. " My one can hope!" she mused whimsically, patting his hand with a vacant tenderness. And yet the effect it caused on her sense was acute. But her voice, as she spoke aloud once more, was laced with such a sense of palpable sadness it was hard - indeed it was almost impossible to veil the anxiety with a shroud of resiliance. " But I am a Princess and Princesses musr do their duty...you must understand, my parents would wish me nothing but love. Yet" she paused hesitantly, when shrugging she turned to smile at him. " they were both forced into marriage with another...and look how happy they are! So in love after eighteen years of marriage! Besides" she added as an afterthought " I doubt any man would be brave enough in his attempts to 'woo' me. Thier all too afraid my father will lock them up in some dungeon and say he was merely on leave" she giggled wryly, shaking her head. " I do admire your sense of hope though Lord Halyn - for that is what you are is it not? Your father was a dignitry at the Kings court...Feylon told me" she smiled honestly, when tilting her head sideward, her grin became infinately mischevious. " So out with it...is their a sweetheart in your life? Come, tell me!" she urged earnestly, pressing her palm to his strong arm. " Do I know them?..oh lovely idea by the way - the riding - it would be a pleasure" she bobbed her head, dark hair falling forward momentarily before she brushed it back.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2005 07:37
Halyn smiled softly at the Princess, feeling very foolish now. "No, I have no sweetheart. My brother is the one with the gift of attracting the women, not me. I will probably die alone, never having married. See, there is one that has captured my eye and alas, I do believe she has ensnared my heart as well, but i would never be good enough for her, even if I could get permission to marry her, she would never consent. She thinks I am childish and a fool. I can tell by the way she speaks to me." He looked dismally down at the blanket that they sat upon and said, "Now I know how my mother felt all those years ago." He stood, and said, "Princess Morwenna, I must go and check on my mother's condition, and find out if someone knows when we are to leave. After all, we were invited here only for the christening, and since that has passed now and our hosts have left, I am not sure when we are leaving. If it is not too soon, then I will gladly make arrangements for the riding. Please give Lord Felyon my regards when he returns." He bent his head and kissed her hand, and then turned and walked away, but he did not walk like a man hurrying to his sick mother's side. He walked dejectedly, head lowered, his eyes filling with tears. Just then heard voices, and turned to look, and he smiled broadly as his mother and brother walked up. Gwenneth put her hands on either side of his face and stared at him for a moment, then glanced at the princess still in the garden and back at her son. "I understand, my son," and her eyes welled over with tears that her son would know the same pain she had known. "Gwyndr, tell your brother what just happened," she said briskly, leading her sons back into the palace, and heading for her room, laughing along with them, and stopping cold when they entered her room and Halyn stopped short.
"What is he doing here?"
"He came to help Naneth," said Gwyndr quietly.
Halyn stared coldly at Mrelyn. He relinquished his mother to his younger brother who assisted Gwenneth in seating herself on the bed. This was the one thing that Halyn had never truly understood, that all three males in the family loved her, each in their own way, and for their own reasons.
Glyndr brought the goblet to his wife, and Gwenneth asked, "What is this?"
When he had explained that it was the last chance they could think of for healling her heart and making her well, she smiled up at him and said, "Thank you, my love. First, you must hear this story from your son."
Gwyndr recounted the tale of what had happened in the marketplace, complete with vivd descriptions, and soon had everyone in the room laughing, except halyn and Gwenneth. Halyn still stared at Mrelyn, Gwenneth stared into a glass of swirling emerald liquid.

[Edited on 27/5/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2005 09:11
Glyndr had laughed with the others, but his keen senses where his wife and sons were concerned told him something was not quite what it seemed.
He glanced at Halyn then at Mrelyn. he sensed a hidden anger in his son. It worried him, Glyndr had been there when Halyn had fought Mrelyn..he had tried to stop it, only to have Halyn smash a fist in his jaw..
He turned to Gwenneth, her fears and hopes were deep in an emerald green liquid that matched her beautiful eyes.
"Drink it my love", he whispered, The room seemed now to hold only him and his precious Flower, " Take that hope that we have woven into its making". Glyndr put his hand to her face, "Flower..." He could say no more. silent tears fell unashamedly as he stroked her face, "For us" he said with his perfect half smile.

Mrelyn felt Halyn's stare, He returned it, only less coldly than Halyn's own.
Why would Gwenneth and Glyndr's son feel this way towards him?
Mrelyn was in no mood for it, not now.. Gwenneth was the most important reason for him bieng there now, He would face Halyn and find out why he seemed to hate him so much..
He had to.
"Halyn", Mrelyn moved to his side, " We must talk.. the oak on the hill.. in a half hour .. be there we need to sort this out". The hunter slid back to stand between Felyon and Castlyn.
He smiled at Gwenneth, " Kellquenti magic.. use it!".
"Gwenneth", Glyndr held the glass for her, " For us", he said again." Take this chance".
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2005 11:40
Gwenneth swallowed as she looked at the swirling liquid. It smelled awful, and she was not expecting it to taste much better. She took her hand and placed it on Glyndr's as he guided it to her lips, and she drank from the goblet, and then pulled away as she choked down the liquid.
She shivered and said, "By the gods, couldn't you have at least made it taste decent?"
Glyndr insisted she take another drink, and this time he held her head and made her drink down the rest of it, only releasing her when the last drop left the glass.
She yanked away from him, shivering and choking. Halyn hurried to his mother's side, her faithful and loving older son, gwyndr, pushing his father out of the way on the side. The boys wrapped their arms around her, and soothed her with their voices, as she lay there on her side, gagging from the taste of the concoction.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2005 04:52
"The medicine is the last hope we have!" Glyndr snapped as Gwyndr pushed him away,"Do you think that I enjoyed making her take it!"
He glared at his son hard before turning to walk to the window.
Castlyn followed him, He stood beside his brother, "Glyndr,he didn't mean it", he said quietly,"He is as worried and afraid as you are, as we all are".
Glyndr just glanced once at his twin before looking back out of the window.
Castlyn left him alone, and returned to Felyon, The Sylentor looked concerned, "He is so full of anger and guilt,not even I can help him".

Mrelyn collected up his herbs and canvas bag,"I am going to check in at the Inn, I'll come back later", he said to Castlyn.
"We should know within a couple of hours if we have been successful".
Mrelyn left , and after checking in at the Seven Stars, he went to wait at the oak for Halyn.
Something had to be done.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2005 04:34
Princess Morwenna stared with a distinct sense of dubious curiosity at Halyn's retreating back, as if she couldnt quite place why or indeed when, his presence had started to weave such an effect upon her spirits. Now, with only the silence acting as a brief filler for her thoughts, she sighed, leaning back against the oak and fiddling with a loose lock of hair. Somebody has already caught his eye...goodness why does it bother me so? I have known him a mere day, and then I have only spoken to him but twice! Such folly...Morwenna's spirits veered to a sharp tangent of confusion as she rose, scribbling a little note for Feylon should he return and strode instead, back up to the royal chambers, passing several lords and ladies in the process. " Oh look its the Princess - how does thee this bleary morning?" a shrill, slightly peircing voice echoed dimly of the walls. Morwenna's eyes snapped instantly to the tall, pale figure of Aine, daughter of one of the most powerfule Duke's in the kingdom. With a slight swagger in her step, the woman drew closer, fine velvet train oozing in her wake. " Been out with one of the young lords I see? He is a pretty thing...tell him of me" she stipulated abruptly, dark beady eyes boring into Morwenna's carefully guarded face. " Since you will have no need of him. By the Valar you should be married by now, the corridors are looking untidy with you hanging about them. I have said as much to my husband and he quite agrees but alas, your father it seems, just will not listen. So" she smiled oily " all these ardent young suitors who come bargaining at your door must not be waited. My daughters are unmarried and I am - bored. Tell him of us if you would Morwenna." she recited boldy before bobbing her head and turning her back to prowl down the corridor without so much as a backward glance. Morwenna, rooted to the spot in a momentary lapseof bemused incredulously, quelled the upstart of something close to anger, and sighed, flopping down on her great tappered bed. That woman...well she amy well treat me as some skivvy but I'll not force poor Halyn to be civil to the creature; or her daughters!
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2005 08:46
Gwenneth finally stopped coughing and was able to sit up. The draught had a distinctly bitter after taste and she looked and Glyndr and said softly, "Love, some water, please?"

He brought her a goblet of water, and she drank it down hurriedly, to rid her mouth of the foul and obnoxious taste. She leaned her head on Glyndr's shoulder and kissed his neck. "I love you, hervenn nin. Far more than you will ever know."

She looked a the boys and then at Castlyn and Felyon. If the four of you do not mind I would like to be alone with my husband. Oh and Halyn...don't beat cousin Mrelyn too severely, my son. He is, after all, trying to save your mother's life."
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 01, 2005 12:49
Felyon, took Castlyn's arm ,"Castlyn I think we need to talk" The Sylentor said softly..
Castlyn understood. he went with Felyon to the door as Gwenneth asked to be alone with Glyndr.
Mrelyn left the Inn , he thought of Halyn..he hoped that he would not meet him as planned at the oak.
He sat beneath the tree .. He waited. hoping ,Halyn would not come yet wanting him to , The anger between them must be sorted.

Felyon took Castlyn to his old studio.the light was as perfect as ever in the bright room. "Tea?" Felyon had thought of everything. Tea and lemon cake.. He and Castlyn needed to talk. Of Glyndr and Gwenneth.

Glyndr sat on the edge of the bed... he felt cold.. why did she want to be alone with him..? Always he feared the worst.
"Flower, what is it?"

[Edited on 1/6/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 03:32
Halyn arrived at the oak and saw Mrelyn sitting there casually. He challenged the older ellon to get to his feet. Once Mrelyn stood, Halyn said coldly, "It ends here, today. You are going to explain to me why it is that you think you have such a right to be close to my mother." His eyes narrowed dangerously as he waited for Mrelyn to speak.

Gwenneth smiled at her husband. "Nothing is wrong, love. It is just that there are always so many people hovering around me, it seems I never get any time alone with you. Is it so wong for us to spend time alone? Or is it merely that you have a woman somewhere waiting for you to pleasure her? Is that it?"
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 11:59
Mrelyn stood slowly,The amber eyes fixed on Halyn met the challenge.
"I have as much right to be close yo your Naneth as Castlyn".
Mrelyn replied coldly to Halyn's demand, " I have known her since before you were born.. You have no right to question me, as one of the family, on something you do not understand fully".
Mrelyn glared, the tension between them growing.
"I need no reason, and if I did you may get to know of it!.
Mrelyn stood .. amber facing emerald."Don't read into it what you don't know!"
Glyndr bit his lip and stared at the pattern on Gwenneth's bed cover, "Nothing is wrong," He looked up at Gwenneth, a desperate sadness in ice blue,Every day I fear losing you, Every time you ask to be alone with me I fear that you may tell me some evil I do not want to hear" Glyndr placed his hand on hers," Flower , I need you, I need time with you". Ice blue met emerald, "We have so little time left to us".
Glyndr looked away, "there is no woman.
He felt the guilt returning.. If a female did throw herself at him.. could he say no??? Even now?

Felyon poured tea into bone china cups, then cut two slices of cake.
The Sylentor gave a cup and a plate of cake to Castlyn, then sat back in a wicker chair with his own.
"You know why I have asked you here?"Felyon said as he licked cumbs from sticky fingers,
Castlyn nodded,He stared at the cake on his plate,an anxious look in his eyes.
"Yes", he replied quietly,
Felyon's warm green look became harder,"Glyndr grows ever darker in mood as he does fear, We must work together to stop that darkness spoiling what they have together, Castlyn , I cannot do this alone, you must help me".
Castlyn nodded, "I shall do everything I can...for her", He fixed Felyon with a deep stare, the Sylentor flinched back, "And him..."The Sylentor said quickly.
Castlyn nodded, He said nothing.
Felyon poured more tea, The sensitive Elf was very worried, "Castlyn... I fear the day she leaves his life forever, please..help me to help him.. and in doing so you shall help her".
Castlyn said nothing.

[Edited on 3/6/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 06:11
"How DARE you!" Halyn hissed. "Uncle Castlyn loves her, more perhaps than my ada. I know how you came to be her lover. Adar and his games so that he could continue with his women. As long as he thought Naneth was sated, he could do whatever he pleased. Castlyn offered her his heart, his whole being. You look at her with hunger and lust, even as she slowly dies, all you can think of is how badly you want to be in her bed!" With that, Halyn threw a punch that knocked Mrelyn to the ground. He stood there over his second cousin, panting as he looked down at the older ellon. "Show respect to my Naneth. Quit looking at her like that." He began to sob, his shoulders shaking as he crumpled to the ground. He looked at Mrelyn and sobbed out, "She deserves better than that."
Gwenneth lay there in her husband's arms and began kissing him, with a fire and passion she had not felt for him in years. She nipped at his lower lip, and caressed his chest as she pulled him close to her. Slowly, passionately, she reclaimed what every other woman thought was theirs, taking her husband, body, soul, mind and heart, back from the hundreds of women he had joined with over the years.

[Edited on 5/6/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 09:04
"You know nothing!" Mrelyn screamed back at Halyn, "nothing..don't ever..." He stepped forward, and into Halyn's punch.
The hunter fell hard, his shoulder hitting a rock just as hard.
He lay still, the shock of Halyn hitting him only just registering in his mind, He shook his head to clear it, and looked up into angry emerald eyes.
Mrelyn eased backwards, he was not sure if Halyn would kick him , the young Ellon was so angry.
When he did not , Mrelyn sat up slowly, his shoulder agony, as he wiped warm blood from his chin from a cut lip.
Mrelyn watched as Halyn's anger disolved into shuddering sobs.
"Halyn", Mrelyn was deeply concerned for the young Ellon, the son of his cousin.. and the Elleth who had captured his heart.
The hunter crawled to Halyn's side,"Halyn..I .." Mrelyn wanted to tell Halyn how much he really cared for Gwenneth, how he loved her in his own way as much as Castlyn did,How he would now work day and night in his magic of herblore to try to save her life.
He did not.
He pulled Halyn to him, risking another blow or a fierce rebuke..If Halyn did ..he would not blame him.
"Halyn, I am so sorry, I was so wrapped up in my own anger, I could not see how much you were hurting", The red haired Elf, held tight around Halyn's shoulders, " I love your Naneth very much.. but not in the way you think I do"
Mrelyn swore as he moved to face Halyn, his shoulder agony.
"Halyn, speak to me please".
"She does deserve better" he said softly.
Glyndr did not expect Gwenneth to kiss him, and love him in the way that she always used to do.
Her soft kisses and touch , drove a fire he had almost forgotten into his soul.
It had been a very long time since she had, or could.
Glyndr did not move for a brief moment, his heartbeat as frantic as when they had first met.
"Gwenneth?"...he was afraid to touch her, so frail and delicate she was now.
"Ah my Flower" he smiled his half smile, as he sensed a new strenghth in her.
"My Flower", he whispered as he moved with her as they always used to do.
" Be with me", he said softly as she reclaimed his body, heart, mind and soul," They are yours, and only yours".
They were together again in that world that was only theirs,just him and his most precious Flower.
The world outside and all those women and Elleths he had ever taken forgotten in the passion that was theirs alone.
"Please Valar let her live".Glyndr once again begged for the life of the one he loved the most.

[Edited on 4/6/2005 by elflyn]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2005 04:18
After a time, Halyn's sobs subsided and he looked at Mrelyn. there were no words he could say, nothing that would make up for the tears of hatred. He rose and brushed himself off, and then he said, "I must go. There is something I must do."

Halyn hurried to the castle, and he asked one of the housemaids where Morwenna's room was. He needed to speak to the princess.
He knocked on the door, hoping beyond hope that she would be there, hoping that she had not remained in the garden...

Gwenneth lay there, completely sated and flushed after they were finished. Her heart was pounding, but it was not enough to make her worried about it. She laid her head on his chest and sighed.
Gwyndr was wandering the halls, looking at the rich tapestries and paintings. Suddenly he heard a polite giggle. He turned to look and saw two girls standing there.
"Ladies," he said, bowing slightly.
"Do you know who our grandfather is? He's a duke."
"Congratulations." He turned back to what he was doing.
"You know," one of them purred, "You could be given a title too, if you play your cards right."
He laughed. Out loud. Then he turned and said, "My Adar and Naneth are a Kellquenti Lord and Lady. I already have a title. I am not going to sleep with someone just to get another one." He smirked at the two of them and brushed past them as he headed back to his room. He would have to remember to warn his older brother about these two.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 10:14
Princess Morwenna strolled discreetly into her privy chamber where a few ladies in waiting were lingering in small clusters of giggles about the oriel and bay windows overlooking the rose gardens. Faintly, she became aware that they darted brief, curious stares at the silent smile of the Princess as she stared, somewhat listlessly over to the stooping willow she had earlier sat beneath with Halyn. So he does have a lady love...why does it bother me so? she mused inwardly, pacing before the window as restless as a caged beast. At her neck, one hand strayed to the blue and silver jewel her mother had passed down from her wedding day. Give it for love, she had told her -give it for eternity. But eternity, Morwenna reasoned, is an awfully long time. How can one be sure thier mate is as earnest as they seem in the first spoils of love? How can you be sure he wouldn't change, when the chase was all but over. How can a Princess marry for love? she cursed dourly, shaking her head at the sheer disarray of her thoughts, contradicting themselves, conflicting themselves. Goodness - was it such for me mother? But, checking herself, she smiled wistfully at the image of her parents, blossoming in thier youth - in love. " Glenda will you tell the grooms to saddle my horse" she spoke abruptly, distilling the whispers as to why her spirits seemed alittle dimmer then usual. " Yes your Ladyship" she bobbed a courtsey, chancing a glance over her shoulder at where her peers stood gawping, every eye boring into Morwenna's face. " I shall go quite alone" she smiled softly as one of her most trusted aides offered them her company and the Princess, donning a riding habit of light green, veil pulled over her face, almost collided with Halyn. " Goodness, forgive me Sir" she stuttered hastily, stepping back slightly as she noticed whom it was. " Halyn" she breathed as if tasting an ardent wine, noting the redness of his eyes. " My friend, is something wrong? Are you at odds with me?" she enquired earnestly, guiding him out from the gluttenous eyes of court and into the privacy of a bay window. " I am to go hunting...please - come with me. Speak to me" she urged tenderly, reaching her gloved hand for his.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2005 11:18
Halyn was startled to encounter the young woman, but he recovered quickly and when the princess drew him into the privacy of the bay window and asked him to accompany her hunting, he smiled. "I will be honored to go with you, Princess. However, there is something that I must do first and I pray that you will neither take offense and slap me, nor take offense and demand I leave your presence." He swallowed hard, and took her hand in his. "Princess Morwenna, when I said there is one that has already caught my eye, I did not speak the full truth to you. She has also captured my heart already, and I fear greatly that I shall lose her if I do not make my feelings known. I have known her barely a day, and yet my heart and my mind are telling me that she is the only woman for me. That woman, Morwenna," he said softly, pressing his hand to the side of her face and stroking it, "is you."
Before she had a chance to speak, he leaned down and softly kissed her, with the utmost tenderness, a brief, sweet kiss that was full of all his hopes and fears. He stood again, and looked at her. "Now, he said softly, "Do you still wish me to accompany you on the hunt?"
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 07:24
The maids, poking thier heads eagerly around the door frame, gasped incredulously at such a breach of protocol, tapped each other on the shoulder and immersed themselves in scandalous whispers. A flurry of silks erupted as Glenda hastened towards the bay window, scowling at the apparent brazeness of this ellon..and yet, when she reached the window it was empty. " Quick! They might follow!" Morwenna giggled breathlessly, gripping his hand and leading him down the marble staircases where senteniels, eying the couple with a curious sense of intruige, smiled to themselves. Running out into the courtyard where her horse was waiting, tethered against one of the wooden posts of the paddock, she gestured for Hayln to mount when, with one mischevious glance back at the where the maids where scrambling down the steps, she flew up into the saddle, tugged at the reigns, and urged Ea to gallop out towards the pastures at the back of the training paddock. " Goodness...almost there" she assured, voice carrying to the elves ear in glitches as the wind distorted its melody. Guiding the horse out, down in between two rocky hills where a stream ambled in the middle, Morwenna, beathing heavily, slide from Halyn's grip almost reluctantly. " Forgive the hasty departure" she smiled wolfishly " but I'd rather not discuss my heart before gossips. I'd rather not confess in public, what I am having trouble with understanding in private" she concurred honestly, averting her eyes from those of Hayln. Stooping beside the river, she watched her reflection, thoughts drifting of to a tangent until, turning her face back to his, she smiled, its warmth as earnest as her words. " You must understand I want nothing more then to offer everything that I am to one person and know that this - person - will not suffer because of it. Halyn loving a Princess is not easy" she warned " there are still enemies of my father who would love to see him fall, and those of his lineage fall with him. It is for this reason my parents wished me to marry a Prince. However I felt against the idea" she admitted wistfully, shaking her head. " But then I did expect to fall in love - if that is what this feeling is. You see before, I would have conversed to duty, without thought, without feeling. But now...because of you I am willing to challenge it. Halyn, sometimes its hurts" she sighed earnestly, bringing one hand to her chest " this power which makes me want to defend you, flee to you, laugh with you...it is so strong. So strong" she gulped, smoothing back her hair with her palm, damp from combing the surface of the water. " I do not know what to do. My heart chooses you Halyn...but my head is in disarray" she admitted mournfully, caught between delirium at having finally pinpointed the ache in her chest and despair at how he'd react, - at how everyone would react. " What are we to do Halyn?" she breathed wistfully, rising from where she sat, as careless in her beauty as her mother. " What will become of us?". His presence seemed to act as magnet, consuming her senses as she drew closer, yearning for his touch, his assurance. " The Valar have brought us together. I could never - never defy them. Or you. I love you"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 08:19
"My father speaks often of the closeness between my mother and your father, Morwenna," he said, drawing the beautiful creature, so like one of the Valar, into his arms. "Perhaps my mother can speak to him on our behalf. i know from her own words that she greatly respects him, and that he shows her the same respect. He wanted to kill my father once for being too rough with her. My Uncle Castlyn said once my father is lucky he still walks Arda, because of your father's feelings and friendship with my mother, that is the only reason he does." He bent his head and kissed her again, teasing her lower lip with a touch of his tongue before drawing back again. "Loving anyone could not be an easy task, Morwenna, my love. But I am more than willing to accept the challenge. When are your parents due back? We could go and speak and to my mother now if you wish, and I know she would be in favor of us."
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 07:05
Morwenna's breath snared briefly in her parted lips as she stared ardently at this handsome, golden haired elf declaring an echo of what she too felt, so strongly. Clasping his hands in her own, neat little palms, she smiled, turning his words over in her mind. " Then I offer you the challenge seeing as your so willing to take it" she teased wolfishly, stroking his forehead smoothly, twirling the locks of ivory in her hands. " Yes - both my parents speak very warmly of your mother though" she paused carefully " not such of your father. Are you sure he would agree? From what I understand, there has been trouble between our parents as well as bliss. Perhaps - oh Halyn...you dont think the Valar would weave trouble between us? As a commupence for what happened between our parents? Goodness, what an awful thought" she mused scandalised, dark brows knitting into a frown. " I could not bare that - dam the critics I cannot bear them!" she cursed irritably, a glimpse of the Soarian spirit leaking through the Gondorian facade of dignified calm. Tilting her head sideward, she eyed her lover with a smile, scrutinising his sturdy muscles and firm, golden phsique. " But I think you could handle them...I am positively sure you can handle them" she purred deliciously, pulling his lips down to meet hers. Easing into his embrace, she sighed, suprised at the force of her desire. " We will face them all...my parents do not return for a week. Let us see your mother then, as you suggest. I only hope she does not take ill to me...they do say I am like my grandmother. She was well loved enough" she shrugged warily, gleaming dark mane of hair resting on one shoulder.
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 12:12
When she pulled his head down for another kiss, Halyn's heart soared. It had not been a fluke, the way she had reacted! She was not merely toying with him!. She kissed both her hands and hurried back to the palace, his beloved with him.
Please, Valar, let my mother agree to help us. Please, Valar, let this be the start of something wonderful.
He knocked on the door to his mother's chamber, smiling a quick smile at Morwenna, kissing the back of her hands again...

Gwenneth heard the strong knock on the door, and knew it had to be one of her sons. She got up , motioning to Glyndr to remain where he had moved, to the settee near the fire. She opened the door, and was surprised to see Morwenna there in Halyn's arms. she recovered quickly, and smiled.
"Come in, come in, before the two of you burst, by the looks of you."
Halyn said, "Mother, Father, I know this is going to surprise the two of you. But Morwenna and i have fallen in love. I know it has been such a short time , but we know what we feel. We want to be together. But seeing as how she is a Princess, and I am not a member of Royalty, we are afraid that she will be forced into a marriage with someone she does not love."
Gwenneth looked from one to the other and smiled. She knew what her son was going to ask.
"You would like me to speak to Eldarion and Ceinwyn, is that it?" halyn nodded , and he drew Morwenna to him. "Mother I truly love her, and she loves me."
"I can see that in your eyes, my son, and in the princess's too. I will do what I can, but I cannot make promises. I will speak to Eldarion first, because he and I are very close, closer even than your mother and I," she said to Morwenna. "I will do everything I can to help the two of you."
Halyn turned to his lady love and said, "I told you that my mother would approve." He turned to his father, who was smiling at his son and the princess. Halyn turned back to Morwenna and said, "And my father does too." He kissed her softly, not feeling the least bit shy about it.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 03:08
Mrelyn still sat at the base of the tree, He watched as Halyn left. "I fear it is too late now for us to ever be friends" he ran his hands throug his hair in desperation, "DAMMIT!"
He stood slowly, wincing as his shoulder reminded him of Halyn's hatred of him. he walked back to the city, deep in thought.
As he reached the courtyard he met Felyon and Castlyn on their way to the market. Felyon wanted to buy some small gemstones, only found in this area, to take back with him for his silverwork.
"Mrelyn...oh..what happened?!" the Sylentor gasped , "oh your poor face", Felyon placed his hand gently on the side of Mrelyn's face.
Mrelyn flinched at the touch , " A slight disagreement".. He tried to smile, but he felt the bruise growing on his chin.
"Yes" Felyon looked directly at Mrelyn, "We know who with, it is not right that you two should not be friends".
Felyon said in exhasperation, "not right!"
Felyon, " Castlyn said quietly,"there is nothing any of us can do, It is between Mrelyn and Halyn".
Mrelyn sighed "Yes , it is" He looked directly at Castlyn, "Tonight we shall know if the medicine has worked, you and I must find Gwenneth alone, I do not want Glyndr there when we find out".
Castlyn nodded, "That will be diffficult, He never wants to leave her much now".
"Easy!" Felyon smiled his Sylentor smile, "I'll get him to come out with me to the Seven Stars" He can't resist an ale or three, and I can get him to agree to anything..a little knack I have"
"Then we must hope that it has worked" Castlyn said quietly"For all our sakes"

Glyndr was going to get up as there was a knock at the door, He stayed where he was as Gwenneth motioned to him to stay .
He smiled to himself as Halyn spoke, His son's eager, desperate happiness an all too familiar reminder of his own feelings when first he met his Flower.
"Halyn, Morwenna, "Glyndr nodded a bow to the Princess as he walked to stand at Gwenneth's side.
"I wish you all the Kellquenti luck in our world, You have my fullest support, for whatever good that is in the King's eyes,"he glanced at Gwennrth as he said it ," I shall do all that I can to give you both the chance to let the love you have grow,"
The Elf Captain smiled his half smile,as he arched an eyebrow, "Halyn.. I think you and I must have a little talk soon" .

[Edited on 8/6/2005 by elflyn]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 08:53
Eldarion arrived abruptly from his Ithilen provinces, haggard, wary and unwilling to divulge anything to the hotbed of eager-eyed gossips ringing the gates of the courtyard as usual. Ceinwyn, conspicuously absent, rested still with the White Lady, tending the rambling gardens as it resembled some glimpse of her Soarian bloodland. " Some food perhaps Sir?" One of the guards suggested to his dour faced King whom, throwing his travelling sack hatilly down to the floor, shook his head. " Nothing, nothing. You may go" he rapt restlessly, lunging into the leather studded chair at his desk and pulling at several fresh peices of parchment that had been piled on since the King had left. Probing the contents of each one open with a scolding, slender rod of thin metal, the elvish transcript almost made his heart bleed for his lost mother, dead the letter said. The Evenstar had finally wained. Yet the scrawled, evidently hastily written letters by his uncle Ellandan revealed something far more sinister, something far more terrible with regards to the fragile sphere of peace Eldarion and Ceinwyn had created. Grima had been spotted. Eldarion, with all his usual frank gusto, could almost guess the sighting was in the misty mountains, for months past a melting pot for fanatical rebels and opponents of the realm - and not jsut of Gondor. Rohan, from the words of King Elfwine himself, was beig blemished by these scars from the past, sons of the fathers the previous Kings had banished seeking to quench thier bloodthirst on the lives of Eldarion and Efwine And now, with Grima the upstart, plotting again, everything the peoples of Middle Earth held dear was about to be tested once more. Eldarion, dragging a hand along his furrowed brow, knew the people would look to him, thier King, the warrior whom had protected them so ardently before in his youth and whom had never,perhaps would never, lose his fighting prowess. I will lead them...only the older folk will remember the terror of the War of the Ring...not all shall gauge the seriousness of this,he noted shrewdly, yearning for the calming presence of his wife. No, he stipulated inwardly. She is better of in Ithilen - for now. When I lead the warriors, she shall lead the people. But what of Morwenna? She needs a Prince...dam, we should have arranged this months before the need arose to have a Prince! Dragging a peice of paper towards him and dipping it in a pot of ink, he had just begun the formalities when the door opened and he, shooting up alertly, focused his eyes on the bearer of light, even steps....
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 10:19
"My Lord King, might I have a word with you?" Gwenneth had seen Eldarion return from her balcony, and with a reassuring smile at the young couple, had swept out of her rooms and down to the one place that she knew he would be. The only place he had ever been able to relax, even if occasionally that had required a massage of his shoulders.
She smiled wistfully to think of those days, when her touch could ease his strain, the only touch she could possibly give him, and according to protocol, more of a duty than a pleasure for her, or at least that was what everyone had thought.
Gwenneth sat opposite her dear friend and King, who had done so much for her, everything within the bounds of protocol he had been able to do. Now she was about to ask him to break with that protocol, to go against the way things were done properly, all for the sake of two young hearts that she could not bear to see suffer the way she had in silence all these years.
"We have been friends a long time, Eldarion, and i can see that you are troubled. I do not seek to add to your burdens, but a matter has come to my attention, and I must discuss it with you. Please let me finish before you say anything." She looked into those eyes, and was heartened by the warmth she saw there. "First, let me explain, i am not aasking this for me, nor do I expect my condition to bear upon your decision. However, this is very important to me, and it is to two others."
She took a deep breath. "The Princess Morwenna and my elder son Halyn have met and spent time together, my Lord King. The two of them came to me a short while ago..." her voice trailed off, and her eyes filled with tears. "Eldarion, they are in love. i know protocol requires that Morwenna marry someone of power and influence, a Prince of some kind. But Halyn loves her, and she loves him, and if you look at it this way, he has power and status as well. He is the elder son of a Lord and Lady of Gondor, since our home falls under your jurisdiction. When I die, and Glyndr passes, everything we have will pass to Halyn as our elder heir. That will make him Lord over our land. As well as that, he is the son of your finest military leader. You may despise him, but you have to admit that much about my husband. Halyn's own military skills are as fine as his brother's, and he himself will be a great leader one day." She wiped her tears away, and took a shuddering breath. "When ceinwyn came here, she was able to get past the arranged marriage and fall in love with you, only because she had not been deeply in love with anyone else. I know your daughter loves my son, and that to be forced away from Halyn would be devastating to both of them. I know this because ..." she dropped her eyes and her voice became nearly a whisper, "Because I jknow what that feels like, to have to deny a love greater than yourself, all because of protocol. Please, Eldarion, let them be together. Morwenna will be well cared for in our family and she will be loved, not because of the status she carries with her, but because her heart will truly be in the marriage."
She fell silent and looked back up at her friend, her Lord King, the only member of the race of Man she had ever loved, and held her breath waiting for an answer.

[Edited on 9/6/2005 by Iell-daughter-of-elves]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 02:50
Eldarion blinked dubiously at Gwenneth's fairest of elven faces, tilting his head sideward and voicing the words as if they held forgien. " Morwenna...Halyn...I was not aware - that is to say I didn't know they were so very much...so very much in love. Love; Gwenneth they have known each other but a day!" he barked incredulously " you do not know my daughter, she has whims, incredible whims so it may seem. It is her first infatuation that is all....Gods, Ceinwyn would say the same"...or at least her sene of duty would. Slouching wearily back in his high backed chair, he flapped a wrist on one of the arms as if in entreaty. " The people will not accept him Gwenneth - you know that. And in times to come" he blanched bitterly, mouth contorting into a frown " in times to come they will need a prospective King who has proved his prowess before them. Who they have heard of - a Prince" he stipulated bluntly, eyes kind as they held to her face. " It is the way of things here. Who am I to change it? Gwenneth" he breathed earnestly ,leaning forwards to clasp her hands over the breadth of the table. " You know if it were up to me I would grant your wish in an instant but protocol is inextorable - fate is inextorable. Gondor needs a Prince who can ride as a Prince into battle with his own banner and Morwenna; Morwenna will learn to love Halyn as a friend. But she will have a husband and not one she despises either. Of ocurse they shall meet" he added hastily " it will not be like it was for me and me Ceinwyn despite the blessing it evolved into. I cannot crush thousands of years of legacy for one wish...my father would never have wanted it so and Morwenna is a sensible girl - usually. She will know, as she has been brought up to know, that duty comes first. I have written to Elfwine" he gestured quietly to the sheaf of parchment before it " to offer that his eldest son Imrahil meet with my heir. It is the only way to secure a future for this dammed city - curse Grima!" he spat, thumping his clenched fist down to the table, bowing his dark, handsome head in his hands. " What a time my daughter chooses to make me feel like the worst father in middle earth! Gods Gwenneth she will hate me! But I must act as a King sometimes...I must harden myself" he mused soberly, eyes bleak as they rose to the elleths face. " for that is the only thing that stands between us and destruction"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 07:53
Gwenneth looked down at the floor. That her friend would not even consider her son's worthiness stung her. Now she knew the truth. It was only out of a sense of duty to one who had been in his house that Eldarion had done anything for her.
She blinked back the tears that burned there in her eyes and turned her face to a mask of stone when she looked at him.
"Then there is nothing else to say, my Lord King. I am sorry to have bothered you with this, this frivolous notion of love." She rose to her feet, fighting to keep her voice steady. "Please forgive my foolishness. I shall tell them immediately that they are to end this fantasy. You are right, of course. there is no such thing as a relationship built on love. Only those that have their roots in protocol are appropriate in Gondor." She swept across the room, and paused at the door. "My family and I will be leaving as soon as possible, in order that the separation between the two goes easier. Perhaps somewhere along the way, Halyn will encounter a maid who is more suited to his lack of status. After all, it shall remain only royalty for royalty here, and the rest of us have to make do with what we find along the way." She turned her back to him as she opened the door, her head held high, and her back rigidly straight. "Please have your servants prepare my carriage for leaving. We have overstayed our welcome, I think. I am sorry I allowed my son to even think for a moment that he is good enough for your daughter. Goodbye, Eldarion." She went out the door, wanting so badly to let it slam behind her, but she stopped it with her foot, allowing it only to click shut.

Gwenneth ran back to her room, trying to keep the tears from bursting forth on the way there. When she entered the room, the pair looked at her expectantly, with smiles on their faces. She looked at them and then said, "Halyn, my son, Morwenna is going to be wed to the son of King Elfwine. Please remove your arms from around her, and go to your room and begin to pack. We are returning home as soon as possible." She took a deep breath and pronounced, "In Gondor, protocol must be followed. You are nothing but a glorified commoner to the people here. So it shall be a common woman you will marry. Protocol must be obeyed." She looked at Morwenna, and said softly, "I am sorry, but my son is not good enough for you. You are a princess, and you will have to find love among your kind. I thank you for your kindness to my son, but I must now ask you to leave so that you may not be tainted with hopes of love and a life with Halyn anymore. Please go. The protocol must be obeyed."
She looked to her husband, who was seething with anger, and said, "Stay your thoughts, my dear Glyndr. We are leaving. We are returning home. Any angry commotion will only serve to further prove that we are nothing but common rabble in the grand scheme of things." She looked at her son, who stood there dumbfounded. "I said go!" she snapped. "Foolish boy, thinking you could marry a princess, the daughter of King Eldarion of Gondor! You aren't worthy of her! Go and pack, now!" Halyn swallowed hard and went to his room, where he told his twin what had happened. They dared not defy their mother by not obeying her, and so the two packed in silence.
Gwenneth pulled the last of her garments from the wardrobe and threw them in her trunk, not even bothering to fold them. She gathered the rest of the things that belonged to her and Glyndr and threw them in as well, and then called to a maid in the hall to get a footman to gather her things and take them outside to be loaded into the carriage when it was ready. She went over and put out the fire in the fireplace, and closed the balcony doors and locked them. She took Glyndr's hand and walked to the door of the room, looking around one last time before sighing and stepping into the hall.
Her sons stood there, silent, Halyn looking at the floor, and Gwenneth told the boys to go and find their uncle Castlyn and have him meet them outside by the carriage.
Gwenneth looked at Glyndr and said softly, "I love you. Let's go home." They walked hand in hand to the main hall of the palace of the King of Gondor and exitted through the doors to the outside.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2005 09:12
Glyndr was never so furious in his life, If Eldarion had been standing there, he could have easily slammed one of his Sylentor daggers , aimed at the King's heart. He swore viciously under his breath, cursing Eldarion to hell and back "Curses on you,!!! " his demon soul cursed the King , "Damn you!"...It would taken very little for Glyndr to have used his magic , for once in anger, not in help.
"Gwenneth , I shall hold my anger , because you ask it of me , but I warn you, if my path crosses the so called King's, in the future, I will not promise to hold that anger".
"Halyn " , Glyndr gripped his son's arm before the twins left to pack,"Halyn ,I understand, " ice blue eyes told Halyn of his own disappointment and anger, "Halyn , I am here for you , as is your naneth, Come to me when we get home , I order it, we must talk".
"Yes ,let us go home", Glyndr said, he was still dangerously angry, but hid it from her, "Let us go where we are not treated as just mere peasants, Eldarion will have to come and find me to lead his damn army, if war ever returns to these lands,"
They found a bewidered Castlyn at the carriage, he stood with the twins, his eyes mirrored Glyndr's anger and pain.
Mrelyn stood back with Felyon, the Sylentor in tears.
Felyon ran to Gwenneth, "OH ....oh I shall miss you" he sobbed as he hugged her and kissed her cheek softly , "oh my Gwenneth ..please look after yourself" he kissed her again before turning to Glyndr, " Glyndr ...oh ...." Felyon could say no more , he hugged his soulmate, "Look after her...and the twins....oh what shall I do without you all?" he said,tears streaming down his face.
Glyndr found it very hard to turn away from his soulmate and his cousin." Take care," he said softly , so quiet that perhaps they didn't hear, "I..,.no .., we.., love you both"..
He held out his hand to Gwenneth, "Come home with me Flower"
He did not look back as he went to take Sylstar and Windseeker from the lads.
Mrelyn stepped forward "Gwenneth", he dared to kiss her.
"you shall know tonight if the medicine has been successful...Castlyn is with you," He smiled a soft smile, "Perhaps I shall invite myself to stay" , he smiled wider, " And Ishall expect you to be there to welcome me.. and protect me from your son".
Mrelyn held her in a soft embrace, "Live Gwenneth", he whispered before standing back to comfort a very distraught Sylentor.
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2005 07:36
Eldarion winced at the blatant tone of opposition in Gwenneth's voice, slouching back into his chair, haggard and defeatist as he stared gloomily at the papers set before him. What becomes of me now? No wife, no daughter who shall love me, no friend who will not desert me...and a war. What a time to make new enemies, he noted broodingly, dark eyes blank as they rose to the stewards face, sliding the letter into his hands. " To King Elfwine. Immediately. Go" he ordered with a curt briskness the soliders had come to assosiate to a mood none to favoruable with regards to their King. Tapping his finger impatiently against the oaken sheen of the table, his face, contorted into a scowl of umentionable grief, held such a shadow as his son entered, middling years, that, pausing at the outset, he blinked. Never had a man looked so much like Aragorn. " Father...you look. Awful" he noted without preamble, easing into the chair opposite warily. Eldarion, smiling slightly. shook his head, ran a hand through the dark locks of hair, and shrugged, lips taunt. " Make ready for war Son. Send your wife to Ithilen with our Queen. Your sister will go there also" he ordered stiffly, rising from his seat and tightening the buckle at his waist. As Imrahil his son and heir strode out with a bow, Eldarion's eyes chanced upon a carriage poised at the main double doors, and on deducing the emblem, paused, cursed and bowed his head. She leaves me...my Captain of the Horse leaves me! Now that is blatant desurtion...a hanging penalty he noted crudely, pondering over the bitterness still tugging between he and Glyndr. Yet - Gwenneth does not know the depths of the trouble about to grip Gondor and neither does he...it will reach them soon enough. And then they will see..then they will see my reasoning. But until then, as Eldarion strode briskly down to the stables clad in his hunting gear, aloof and consumed with his thoughts, he couldn't help the pang of sour disappointment at Gwenneth's slight. Dam woman! They take things so personally! I never meant he was unworthy - why does she meddle with my words? And yet at the same time, a conflict of shame glowed in his chest at the pain he'd caused her, the unwilling dampen on her son's hopes and ambitions. But what can I do? She is willing to not understand me! She will not even see it from me view? And at one word against her wishes she goes from me? When the ailement is merely a misinterpretation of my words? Muttering a curse beneath his breath and tugging at the reigns of his horse more sharply then intended, he threw an order over his shoulder, guiding the pack of elite huntsmen out down a narrow cobbled path curling around the lower tiers base as it led out the castle's back pastures, away from the prying eyes of the main gathering. Seren, weeping as she watched the Halyn's brilliant golden hair from a distance, yearned from the comfort of her mother and yet Ceinwyn, miles away in Ithilen, lived on in blessed ignorance.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2005 10:40
Felyon wrenched himself from Mrelyn's comforting arm around his shoulders, "F..forgive me..I..I" , The Sylentor ran, a devastated blur of emerald silk.
The sensitive Sylentor sensed deep in his soul that a new evil now grew, and threatened the lands, He knew Glyndr would be needed as Eldarion's Captain, but he also knew that the rift betwen Glyndr and Eldarion was now a chasm.
It would take a disaster before Glyndr would willingly return to his dutyas Captain.
He would return if summoned. He must. He still owed allegiance to his King and country.
Glyndr knew nothing of the evil.
Felyon did.

The Sylentor ran aimlessly, tears blinding him, he found himself in a small courtyard.
The pale Sylentor wiped tears from his face and looked around, this had been another of his favourite places to come and read or sketch it had the full view of the main entrance and to the walls and beyond.
Roses and sweet scented honeysuckle climbed the ancient stone walls, and hanging baskets , still bright with late flowers adorned the same walls.
Felyon looked towards a stone bench.
" Oh ..my Lady", He had seen Morwenna weeping, the girl looked so deeply sad.
Felyon wiped another tear from his face with slender fingers, and went to sit at her side.
" My Lady, you and I are destined to find our true love as ellusive as a summer butterfly...It shall be a long , difficult road
but", The Elf placed his hand on hers, "but never , ever give up hope".
He sat with her , both watched as the carriage made to leave.
Felyon felt he would never be happy again.

Glyndr sat , a silent , cold statue on a silver grey stallion.
He waited as the carriage was bieng loaded with the last of their things.
He did not look at his cousin, but he had sen the Sylentor run in distress.
Glyndr's icicle heart felt every pain his soulmate felt.he desperately wanted to go to him, to say goodbye as he should.
He did not, he wanted to be away from the city as soon as he could, his dangerous anger still burning,
"Flower, let me know when you are comfortable , and ready to leave, and we shall be gone from this cursed city".

Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2005 08:40
"Take the boys on ahead, my husband. I will not leave here until I have finally had it out with the Lord King. You will return here for me after escorting our sons home. I will remain here for a time, until I manage to finally have it out with Eldarion. Castlyn will remain here with me."

She returned to her rooms. Her anger was seething, anger that still was fresh from his rejection of her, and now to reject her son? She could not bear that pain any longer. She had to finally get all this off her chest.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2005 06:53
"Flower, I shall not leave you!", Glyndr said with angry determination as he slid from Sylstar's back and strode towards her."Castlyn can escort the boys back..my place is here with you, If it was not that you asked me to hold my anger when that Eldarion insulted our son, then our Lord King would have felt the true wrath of a Kellquenti master in magic".

Glyndr looked at Gweneth with a look that told of a dangerous anger that could ignite at any moment.
"Halyn is my son too Flower, and I will not have Eldarion dare to anger or upset you further..he answers to me if he so much as dares to do so".

Castlyn stepped forwards quickly.. he could see that Gwenneth's idea of Glyndr taking the boys home was a very wise one..Glyndr would be more than likely to do something he would regret deeply if he faced Eldarion.
"Glyndr", he said quietly as he put his hand on his twin's shoulder,"Gwenneth is right..it should be you that takes them home, after all Halyn will want you there with him as his father. I am in no doubt your son will want to speak with you about this" Castlyn looked deep into Glyndr's eyes, "Glyndr..I shall be with her..she will not be alone..I shall help her, and besides we shall soon find out if the medicine has worked..I feel I must be there , Mrelyn and I made it..we know its power."
Glyndr returned the deep stare with a coldness, "Oh I am certain you want to be there. to be with her!" he thought in a jealous anger. but he said nothing.
He looked from Castlyn to Gwenneth, He could see that she wanted him to go.
"Damn!" Glyndr leapt back onto Sylstar's back, he pulled the stallion round, " Halyn!, Gwndr!" he called to them, "your naneth is staying a while longer,so is your uncle, we leave for home without them".
The captain turned back to look over his shoulder at his brother and his precious wife. the cold anger still burning,"I shall return as soon as I am able ,once the boys are safely home".

[Edited on 19/6/2005 by elflyn]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2005 10:16
Eldarion reigned his mount in briskly as he cantered into the courtyard surrounded by a cluster of travel-weary, hawk eyed soliders, each as sullen as the next. The King, gaunt and irritable as he threw the reins to a stable-lad, took the long, sloping steps two at a time, eager to divulge into the privacy of his chambers. Adonis, his most trusted and youthful esquire, followed mutely behind him, eying the King's brooding scowl with wary unease. Gods what spirit has turned him so sour! This was not the confidant, pragmatic King of legend...this was an echo of his father, Aragorn in the blackest and bleakest of his days, isolated, alone and confused with the bundles of doubt dimming the brightness in his eyes or dulling the tone of his voice. Imrahil, catching step with Adonis exchanged one brief, meaningful look with the squire and sighed. " Bring me the map" Eldarion instructed sharply as the group sailed into his chambers, the King unbuttoning his tunic and casting it roughly aside. Pawning over the thick, lined peice of parchment set over the surface of the writing desk with his white linen shirt open slightly at the throat, Eldarion frowned, snatched a quill from its pot and began scratching eagerly at the surface. " Here...here - and there. Thats all we can deduce from rumours...but from fact as we found out this morning....we know some shadow is falling here" he prodded the map, the two young men watching this mater of war in his flurry. None save Imrahil knew the extent of the 'shadow' - as yet, Eldarion wagered it was perhaps better that way. The Prince, an image of his mother, nodded, face doused with a look of careful thoughtfulness. " What's our next move? You could post me to Osgiliath" he suggested but his father, brushing the comment aside with an abrupt shake of the head, barked aloud. " Gods no! The art of a King son is to know when to wait. We cant go charging at an invisable enemy...besides, we too must gather what information we can. Flush the vermin from thier outposts by all mean but there must be something else behind those bands of ill-repute. Something bigger" he stipualted quietly, the tremor or anticipation influxing its monotaneous tones. Adonis, brown eyes brilliant in the shadows, saw the same aura of kingly calm Eldarion usually possesed in his son. Imrahil would become a great King. " I'll deport the generals to destroy thier outposts if its your wish Sire. I too would like to go-" he added hastily, bracing himself for the refusal which undoubtedly had to come. And sure enough...." No" Eldarion muttered coarsely, smiling to soften the words. " No" he repeated once more, running a hand through his still dark, still raven hair. " I need my council close. Stay here laddy.They'll be plenty of time to play the hero later" the King assured, Imrahil's wistful grin lightening the mood slightly until, tracing the fringes of a topic he knew was sensitive, the Prince leaned against the edge of the hearth. " I have spoken to Morwenna...she will not go. Willlfully anyhow...I will force her father if you so wish it but" he paused " I should not like to force her into anything. Perhaps you should speak to her - please?" he urged calmly but his father, scoffing dubiously, rolled his eyes and felt his mood immediately darken.Gwenneth...Halyn...Morwenna...the echoes brought a dull wince to his face as the pangs of anger, incredulously, shame and bitterness washed anew over his senses. " Enough of her. She will go Imrahil - you will make sure of it"
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2005 07:25
Gwenneth waited patiently until the advisors had left along with the Prince, whom she saw wore a look on his face of distaste, as if about to undertake an unpleasant task.
She stepped silently to the door and lightly cleared her throat, startling the King. Before he could say anything, she held up her hand.
"Pray, let me speak first Eldarion. I have much to say and I fear if I do not say it now, I never will. This is something that needs to be said if I shall ever have peace before I die." She stepped into the room and closed the door. "You prepare for war once again." It was not phrased as a question, merely a statement falling soft from her lips. She looked at Eldarion sadly and said, "My friend, you have gone through far too much war in your time. Battles against the will of a stubborn elleth included." She turned and looked out the window, tracing her fingers against the frame. "I have known for a long time that I was destined to die long before my time. My grandmother sent me letters here to castle. I would always find them and burn them, not wanting anyone to know of my Kellquenti heritage, the daughter of a Kellquenti witch in the home of the King would hardly have been permissible." She turned and looked atthe King and said softly, "I am sorry. I only wanted for my son to know the joy of being with his first love, something that was denied me because I was not a Princess." Tears welled in her emerald eyes, and she said brokenly, "I have loved you since the first day I met you. But I could not just become a princess suitable for a King. I was never good enough for you, and although I know you are correct in saying that Morwenna belongs with a future king, I felt a bit of that rejection again when you denied my son the chance to show his quality." She stiffened for a moment and her breath caught in her throat, and she grasped the back of a chair and barely managed to stumble into it. She closed her eyes and fought to breathe for a moment, and then she weakly opened them and smiled at Eldarion. "I have sent my husband and my sons home. They will prepare for war and arrive wherever you wish them to once their troops are ready." She struggled to her feet and began stumbling to the door. "I must...go lay down...pray, give me leave, my Lord King..."she turned the knob, and then her eyes rolled back in her head, and she fell unconscious to the floor.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2005 06:45
Glyndr rode in silence as they followed te road out of the city towards home.."Home!" Glyndr said angrily to himself "A mere gift from a King who thinks that he can rule our lives..well he won't".
Glyndr only spoke to the boys or the driver to snap answers at them if they asked a question.
The anger had not gone..

As day became dusk the wind began to get up, stirring the trees, sending leaves in flurries, Sylstar , Windseeker and the pony were skittish, Glyndr looked to the darkening sky..a storm was brewing, as fierce as the one they had arrived in.
"We stop at the next Inn", Glyndr put his hand to his head, His head ached, and he needed a drink.

It had begun to rain as they reached the Royal Standard Inn
Glyndr looked up at the Inn sign as it blew in the stormy winds, "Very appropriate" he snarled .as they arrived in the courtyard .The rain now heavy and cold.
The horses were taken to the stables, and the driver went with the coach to the coach house..Glyndr gave him money for a meal, The driver would have warm accommodation at the coach house.

Glyndr and the boys went into the welcoming Inn, Huge fires burned in the hearths , and serving girls bustled around serving customers plates piled high with food.
They found a table near the window, "Stay here," Glyndr said, "I'll go and get us some food and rooms".
He went to the bar ,head down, rubbing his temples as he went. The headache worse.
"And what can I get for you my love?" Glyndr looked up, his gaze met the ample cleavage of the bar maid, For a moment he could say nothing, then recovered enough to order food , and paid for rooms for himself and the boys.
He ordered ale for himself and the boys, and paid for it his gaze still drawn ."You can look , but don't touch", the barmaid giggled...He dragged himself away and went back to join Halyn and Gwyndr.
" Here" he said as he pushed the mugs towards them, "Only one...we must be away early tomorrow, I want to get back to bring your naneth home as soon as I can".
Glyndr sat looking at the rain running in rivers down the window.the roads would be terrible by morning..He was concerned about flooding...the river that ran near their home was liable to flooding.
His thoughts were brought back when a young serving girl brought the food,
She looked at the twins from beneath lowered lashes, blushing as she placed the plates on the table, Glyndr smiled to himself as he watched her obvious infatuation with them.
"Get on with your work wench" , he slapped her bottom, "And fetch me another ale" he had already drunk the first.
The girl squealed and ran giggling to fetch the ale.

Glyndr leant forward, his headache worse, he pushed his dark hair back as it fell across his face, " I am going to my room", he said the pain obvious in his voice, "Here is your key to your room" he threw a brass key on the table," Number four..next to mine, don't be late to bed, we have a long day tomorrow".
Glyndr stood, he passed the bar on his way to the room, "Bring the ale to my room ", he told the girl..

The captain went to the room, he opened the window onto the stormy night, he felt hot..yet cold..The rain that beat against the window panes now blew in gusts into the room.
He lay on his back on the bed. his forearm across his eyes..the headache daggers in his head and neck..He dozed dreaming of Gwenneth..
So distracted..he was not aware of the figure at his side, She spoke softly to him.
"Gwenneth?"..Glyndr , in his half awake state , thought his Flower stood at his side, calling him in her soft voice.

"Your ale my Lord", The serving girl stood at his side, wide eyed and afraid, She had heard of this wicked Lord Glyndr...
"Thank you", Glyndr lay back, "Gwenneth," He said again softly.
Glyndr felt something was very , very wrong..

[Edited on 27/6/2005 by elflyn]
Etaina
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2005 07:34
Eldarion swooped astutely so that the limp elleth slid into his careful grasp, the King hoisting her gently into his hands and laying her upon the tapered bed, the marriage bed of a King and Queen. And one which since his wife's departure, had been sorely empty. Fluffing the pillows and prowling towards the curtains, Eldarion tugged them shut slightly so as to soothe the bleak brightness of the great, high ceilinged room. She loved me..Gods, so that was what was in her eyes the day she asked me for a kiss! And she sees it being mirrored, played out again between our children...the King shook his head with dour shame at his own tactless will, easing sluggishly into a wicker chair at Gwenneth's side and began eying her face thoughtfully. " Oh my little scribe" he sighed wistfully " how did we ever get to this?". Extending one of his strong, long fingered hands, the King let is rest on Gwenneth's, patting the smooth skin gently. " I never - neaver meant to hurt your or your son. What is passed is passed" he muttered with bland referance to her mention of the letters, eyes darkening with the brief dregs of regret. " though I wish you would have me for help...why did you not come to me? I would never have it that you feared to confide in me. Never" he assured earnestly, eyes boring with honest warmth down into her fair, pale face. " You were always a Princess in my eyes Gwenneth - I have met lower people in higher positions then you...your heart is most definetly royal" he smiled fondly, pushing back a lock of her golden hair. " I wish - oh what a fool man wishes!" he cursed irritably, eyes darting to the small minature of Ceinwyn set loftily on one of the marble walls. " I wish we were to have peace, and that my wife was here and that you - that your most precious first love could have been bestowed on another more deserving then I, that our children could be merry....but fate as they say, is inextorable" he admitted somewhat angrily, smiling at his own impertinance. " Morwenna will marry the heir to Rohan not because I wish it, know that. You will" he stuttered brokenly, diverting from the subject he feared most " well - let us not speak of such evil. And as for the war" he added dully " I could never hide anything from you could I?" he grinned soberly, bowing his head for a brief moment of thought. " but the most precious wars I have ever fought...have always been with you. My friend - even if you do have a 'stubborn elleths will'"
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2005 01:49
"My Lord?" the girl looked anxiously at Glyndr, "Are you alright?" She placed the ale on the side table," You do not look well".
"Yes woman" Glyndr sat up slowly, "I am fine",he said irritably.
He shook his dark hair back over his shoulders, and reached for the ale..He sipped at the cool ale, watching the rain blowing in through the windows, forming a puddle on the polished wood floor..his thoughts on Gwenneth.
Something told him he had to go back..not to go home, but to return to Gondor now..
In the morning..he would speak with the twins...He would trust them to return home without him, It was only a half day's ride.
Glyndr knew his sons, he knew they were perfectly capable of looking after themselves..He had taught them all his fighting skills..they were both very competent.

The Captain glanced up, he looked at the girl over the rim of the ale mug, she was still watching him..her eyes stil held the fear she felt.but she had not left.
"What are you waiting for?" he snapped, "Go..get back to your duty, leave me".

The girl turned to leave,
"Wait". Glyndr replaced the ale mug on the table, "On second thoughts..stay..keep me company".

He smiled his half smile, " I shall not sleep tonight, and I could do with your company"..
Glyndr watched her as she walked back nervously, to join him, "What is your name girl?,I can't just call you girl?"
The Elf sat back on the bed, his back against the wall..It would be a very long night..
He feared the morning...
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2005 01:02
*OOC: I am finally back!*

Gwenneth stood at the side of a long and winding road. She looked from side to side, trying to figure out how she had gotten there. The last thing she remembered was talking to King Eldarion, and then suddenly feeling a pain in her chest, a lack of oxygen, and then she had stood up and everything had gone black.
Now she was here..and had no idea which way to go. There were no signs, no markings to indicate what lay in either direction.
Gwenneth suddenly knew which way she was supposed to go on the path. The thought had floated into her mind as surely as if someone had said it right into her ear. She turned to the right and began to walk. As she looked around, she saw birds and bright colors, and could smell rich floral scents. Her thoughts were clear and her eyes looked at the world with a new light shining within.
Presently the road began to climb slightly, as she was walking closer to a mountain range. The terrain altered, and she noticed that the colors were not quite as bright. She looked into the sky, and thought she saw the reason. The sky had grown dark, and storm clouds were approaching. She began to look around for possible shelter, and a young man was standing there, leaning against a rock.
She started when she saw him, so sure was she that he had not been there a few moments before, and when he said softly, "Do not fear me, Gwenneth Malthentinu, I shall bring you naught to harm," she stared at him.
"That was my name before I became married. How do you know of it, and why do you call me it now?" She was confused, and she didn't like it one bit.
The young man smiled and said, "You were born into that family. You will always be one of them. Married or not." He stood and held out his arm to her. "My name is Lacian, and I will be with you for a while, so I am sorry if I have made you nervous or confused, my lady Gwenneth. Is that what you prefer? I know what the truest desire of your heart would want you to be called, but this is not a time for that. So shall it be Lady Gwenneth? Or is there another way you wish to be addressed?"
She stepped toward him about a foot and then said, "Gwenneth is fine, but I am curious. What is it that you thnk my heart would desire to be called?"
Lucien smiled again, and tilted his head to the side. "Queen Gwenneth, bride of King Eldarion, of course." She started and flustered, began to deny his words. He just smiled that knowing smile. "Come Gwenneth. Were not your words to the King that is you were to have any peace when you die, that you had to tell him the truth? And now, to me you deny it? I was right there, my lady. Inside your heart. I have known all along what you want. And it is not Lord Glyndr, the unfaithful cad who even now is seducing another barmaid into his bed. All your heart has ever wanted has been your friend, Eldarion. However, you did accept rather gracefully that he would never love you, even for a few hours to take you to his sheets. That is a strong point in your character, Gwenneth. You accept your inevitable station in life beautifully, quietly, without an outward ruffle." He extended his hand this time, his dark eyes imploring her to take it so that he could walk with her.
She reached out her slender hand, and took his own. She was nervous, but she knew that he was speaking the truth. Just how she knew, or what he meant by the words, 'I was right there, my lady. Inside your heart. I have known all along what you want.' she did not know, but she was fairly certain that things were going to be made clear to her soon.
They walked hand in hand for a short while, and every once in a while, he would smile at her and ask her if she needed to rest. She shook her head no, and they continued.
They came to a large gate, and as they approached, Lucien cautioned her. "When you step through this gate, until you pass through the next one, you will not awaken in the world from which you came. At a point in time, I will have to leave you alone for a short while. You will come to a fork in the path. Choose wisely, or you will never awaken.
Gwenneth looked at him startled. "I will die? Just like that?" He nodded sadly. She looked over her shoulder and saw that the path they had come all that way on had crumbled away to nothing. She had no choice but to continue. She bit her lip and stepped over the barrier of the gate and continued walking with Lucien.

Lying in the Royal bed, her body shuddered, and then she went pale, almost translucent in color. Her breathing slowed noticably, and her chest rose and fell almost imperceptibly. If Eldarion had been sitting anywhere but at her side in the room, he would have thought she had expired...
Inside her mind, she was still walking, and had no idea she had taken on such an appearance.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email