<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part III
on: June 28, 2005 04:44
Hi Everyone!

I love summer! :love: I love my morning routine! Up at 6 with hubby. Coffee and breakfast on the patio. Write for two hours. Do errands. Have lunch again in the open air and read one chapter of The Sil (it's my goal).

Balrog, Good for you! I'm just to Feanor and his nonsense.

It has been hot (90's) and humid here.

One summer goal was to get into a regular exercise program again---I have a yoga DVD and a walking program...About died the first few times. :cry: When did I turn into such a hobbit???

Hope Varda is smiling down on you all.
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2005 05:14
I just received this as a email and thought I would show it to all FOF. I would like to thank bellemaine for this.

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED the 1930's 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's !!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they carried us.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and
didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, our baby cribs were covered with bright
colored lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took hitchhiking.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.
Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special
treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank soda pop with sugar in it, but we weren't overweight because WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no 99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no cell phones, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat rooms........WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them!

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned HOW TO DEAL WITH IT ALL!

And YOU are one of them! CONGRATULATIONS!

It reminded me of my past and how lucky we were at life. Nowadays kids don't know how to enjoy life. They think it's living in front of the TV with a game going or on the computer (OOOPS I'M ON THE COMPUTER).

Everyone have a great week and to those of you who are Canadian HAPPY CANADA DAY and to those who live in the U.S. HAPPY 4TH OF JULY.
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: June 28, 2005 06:03
What a great list, balrog! I recognize doing most of those things.

But if we did all of that, why didn't we teach our children that way? Why did we (and I mean the collective we of those last three decades listed) decide it was time to *protect* our children from all of that? Why have we not taught our children to explore, to fail and know it isn't the end of life, to know what consequence is and that they have to deal with it without parents bailing them out?

Somewhere along the line we began to *protect* our children from all of that out there and in so doing we have, in my opinion of course, denied them so very much. We are the ones who changed the world for our children... We are the ones who don't push our children out the door. We are the ones who give our children cell phones.

Well, you get the picture... I think in so many ways we have done such a disservice to these new generations, and in turn they are passing it on.

That said, in spite of all of it, kids still have great imaginations, creativity and love of life. Times are just very different.

I am so very glad I grew up when I did. My memories of days during summer of doing absolutely nothing and yet being very, very busy are some of my most favorite. Thank you for the memory jog! :hug:
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 03:09
I completely agree, NenyaGold. A part of it, I do believe, comes from those very advances in technology. When there weren't cell phones, computers (as we know them today), video games, and 99 channels on TV, it compelled us to get outside and do other things. I remember those days in a more innocent and simpler world. While I am somewhat guilty of being a "mouse potato" myself, I still try to instill a love nature and friends among my children (now almost 17 and just turned 22). IMHO, I believe our problems with obesity stem from our technological advances. It's too easy to veg instead of get out there and work in the yard, bicycle, walk. Yeah, sure we eat a lot of fast food, but again, there you go... Fast food. When it took about an hour to prepare dinner and it didn't have a ton of preservatives in it, people appreciated it more. *sigh* Ain't gonna change things back to the way they were, but we can certainly attempt to instill the next generation (our grandchildren with this thought... Look at the world around you and recognize the beauty, even amidst the dreck).
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: June 29, 2005 08:35
What a great list, balrog. My childhood was very much like that.

And, even though the times have changed, and there's no going back - we can still in our own lives make choices that preserve some of the good things from the past. Like, shut the TV or computer and go out for a walk, and cook proper food instead of fast food and ready meals... Or, if we have a job that allows it, we can move to the country - that's what my husband's best friend and his family did a couple of years ago...

Sindarinelvish, you could join the Fellowship of the Wanderers, that might give you great motivation to exercise.

[Edited on 29/6/2005 by Morwinyoniel]
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2005 04:25
Great Balrog. Lol!!

*pinches arm to see*. Yep, made it after all those *dangerous* things of childhood. :love:

I am soooooo glad I was a child way back then.
delerithoflorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2005 06:12
What a cool list balrog.

It sure brings back memories of those carefree days we had as kids. We were so lucky to grow up in a time when we could do things without looking over our shoulders or being told we could not do this or that as it was too dangerous.

Thanks for the good memories.
Even the smallest person can change the course of history.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2005 05:31
Your summer routine sounds delightful, [/b]sindarinelvish[b]. After returning from my visit to Paris and the Netherlands (where I walked myself silly), I've walked at least 3 times a week!! That's a great improvement from doing no exercise at all. I hope that you find just what you need (a trip to Europe, maybe) to motivate yourself.
Don't think I mentioned it before, but while I was in Paris (with my husband, sister-in-law, son, daughter-in-law and grandsons), I dreamed that Viggo was waiting for me at the foot of the Eiffel Tower and he was wearing.....a kilt.

Great list [/b]balrog[b]! How did we ever survive?

I may have to check out the fellowship of wanderers, [/b]morwinyoniel[b]. I could fit in as someone who walks for exercise or someone who isn't quite sure where she's going.

MT
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2005 02:56
As for walking: There's the "Éowyn Challenge" going on here on CoE. Basically, I think it's keeping track of the miles that the Fellowship traveled. As you walk, you keep track of that mileage too.

Now, I've started walking in earnest, oh a little over a month ago. I've been walking 2.5 miles in the morning and 2.5 again in the evening. I put on my Walkman, plug in LotR or what other book on tape that suits my fancy, and off I go! I'm well aware that there will be times I can't walk as much as I would like to: i.e. rain and thunder; vacation in Colorado; the week I start my Master's classes; and when school begins this fall, but there will always be sometime in my day that I going to be able carve a bit of time out for myself and do this. I really enjoy it! So much so, I'm seriously considering buying a treadmill for when the weather gets nasty and it gets dark very early, so I can keep up my walking even through the winter months. While weight-loss might be a nice by-product, my main goal is to keep the old ticker going strong. Heart disease runs rampant in my family, and I'd like to avoid that as much as is possible.

So, walking is easy with no special equipment to buy (Yeah, yeah, I know I said I was considering getting a treadmill, but that isn't really a necessity for walking, just a convience), and it's easy on the joints! So get up and start walking!

Whew! Jumps down off of soapbox and dusts self off.

To those in the U.S., have a happy and safe 4th of July!

[Edited on 5/7/2005 by scots56]
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2005 02:45
You inspire me, scots56, to continue my walking. I know that it will be difficult for me to carry on as easily as I have once school starts back in early August. I pray that I can carve out the time, with meetings afterschool, errands to run, church activities along with the exhaustion of the begining days of kindergarten.
With that said, I'm off to take my "morning constitutional" walk. Happy 4th of July!

MT
Valderra
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2005 07:26
Oh... a new thread. Well, I am definitely over Forty - in fact, I am now half a century old. But for some reason I still feel like a 5-year old. :love: Did I mention that Winnie the Pooh is one of my favourite characters? LOL

Anyway, talking about "less than half this age" - been there, done that, and am glad I don't have to be there anymore.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2005 12:40
Welcome to the fabulous fifties valderra!! I've just joined that group myself and can say that so far, things have only gotten better for me...at least the things that really matter.

Wish the weather was improving. Tropical storms warmings are issued for my area tonight and tomorrow. Looks like rain and a little wind. In a few days we may have to deal with Dennis. I'm getting a little annoyed with all this tropical storm activity and it's not even September, when things really get serious!!!:cry:

MT
Lothien_Vilya
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2005 12:46
I feel like I have lived through 9/11/2001 all over again today. My heart goes out to all you Brit's. My prayers are with all of you.

What a terrible world we live in when ORCs can come amongst us a wreck such havoc upon the world of our reality.

Gods blessings on all of us - this horrible day in history!

Lothien
MelianAnoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2005 01:35
I've been very busy...but I just wanted to pause a moment and send my prayers to all of our LoTR family in England.
I would like to add that somewhere in time... life did got "less safe", then when we grew up. Criminals have "rights" and walk... way too often. That is why we "protect" our children. How many children disappear every year with nary a trace.....
It didn't happen that often in our time... but now..
Sorry to be so blah, I so feel for our children....my neice was abducted on her way home from school, she managed to get away, but not before being molested... why would someone do that to a six year old. That happened twenty years ago... she still lives with it.
Well, everyone have fun at the Ren Fairs... I haven't yet started my costume... enjoy !
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2005 06:18
Heartfelt sympathies are sent to our brothers and sisters in London. I pray for healing of both body and spirit of those injured. May the souls of those who were "taken" rest in peace and may their murderers receive justice for their crime.

I have had to evacuate my home to escape the potential destructionof hurricane Dennis. I am greatly relieved to report that there has been minimal damage done in my and surrounding areas. My heart goes out to Mary Ester and Navarre Beach, Florida. I know that it's going to be a rough and rocky road back to the way things were before. My prayers go out to them as well.

I wish there was a ren fest for me to go to. I need cheering up a bit.

MT
delerithoflorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2005 12:44
My thoughts and prayers are with all that have in someway been affected by the sick attack on London. I have just watched the tributes today on the news and I must admit it brought a few tears to my eyes. We are a very resolute nation and I am sure this atrocity will only make us stronger.

Sorry to hear that you had to evacuate from your home MinasTirithMS but I glad that you had very little damage in your area.

Delerith

Even the smallest person can change the course of history.
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: July 15, 2005 11:10
We are a very resolute nation and I am sure this atrocity will only make us stronger.

And, what would be more disencouraging for any terrorists than that, although people mourn for the victims, they continue living as usual and don't give in to any kind of mass hysteria. Fortunately, at least some of the main suspects have been found and arrested.

MinasTirithMS, glad to hear that there was just a little damage in your area. I have some friends in Florida, and was a bit worried about them, but fortunately, they seem to be all right.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2005 05:50
Spent part of the day today at the beach. Alot has been repaired since hurricane Ivan, but there remains alot to be done to have things close to the way it was before. It's good to see some progress has been made and that the water, white sand, sky and the people are as lovely as before.

Wish every day was a beach day!!

MT
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2005 03:34
Hey dol! merry dol!
:disco:

I've got the perfect LOTR item for all you teachers. It's the Talking Balrog-Battle Gandalf action figure by Toy Biz.

As you may have guessed, this is Gandalf as he appears at the Bridge of Kazad-dûm. The figure comes with a base that you can set him on. If you press the button on the base you hear Gandalf roar

"YOU SHALL NOT PASS!"

Heck, you don't even need the figure. When one of your students gets out of line you can surreptitiously pull the base out of your desk, palming it in your hand, look at them menacingly and press the button.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2005 01:19
Old Tom:
Oh My Gosh! That is just way too funny! Where on earth did you find that? My spousal unit is a BIG time Star Wars fan, so we do spend quite a bit of time looking at Star Wars figures, so I usually wander over to look at the LotR. The pickin's are usually pretty slim where I've been. I'd love to have this though.

I hope all of you are keeping cool, or at the very least, aren't melting into puddles. Over 100 predicted here again today. I am walking very early in the morning to beat the heat, but as it is still above 90 at 10 p.m. I'm down to once a day. Ick. This heat is awful!!!

Blessings of Middle Earth to all of you!
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2005 02:36
Back from the cool and peaceful Door Peninsula to Orodruin--er-I mean Cincinnati. Scots, it was 98 here yesterday and the heat index was 110----I think I saw the driveway smoking.

I made a great find on vacation. My friend and I were in a little shop that sold European imports (we went shopping while the DHs went fishing ). She was searching for Belgium lace and I was wandering BORED (not a lace kind of girl) when in a far corner of the shop I noticed the hilt of a sword sticking out from behind a display of "marked down" stuff.

That's Anduril I said to myself and it was. The shop had a hidden display of LOTR swords---particularly nice ones...I couldn't find a brand or the UC mark, and the clerk said they'd been there so long, she wasn't sure where they came from---I said Gondolin and she replied probably or Milwaukee...

It seems there's not really much demand for hidden elvish blades in a lace shop. I really wanted Anduril but knew the DH would commit me if I carried in a full size, SHARP sword, so I purchased Sting (very lovely in a chocolate suede covered wooden scabbard with metal throat and point). The clerk saw the double red lined price tag ($125-75-60) and since my friend was buying enough lace to keep Antwerp happy for months, said $25!!! So I'm not sure what I really have but it's awfully pretty. Old Tom, any idea?
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: July 26, 2005 02:51
Oh my! I think what you have is an incredible find! I'd also say that the shop person had absolutely no idea. I have Hadhafang my hubby bought for me about three years ago and it cost close to $200. No sign of UC (United Cutlery) on it at all and yet I know that's where it comes from. I think you got the real thing. Lucky you! Wish I'd been there. If they'd had it, I would have bought Strider's Elvish knife. That's so beautiful. Mmm...
MelianAnoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2005 08:36
Too funny, Ol' Tom ! I absolutely love it and must get it for my son (now 25). And, BTW, who is...
My son is coming home !
My son is coming home !
Hi Ho the merry dol !
My son is coming home !!!!

And going back to school. I'm so happy I could shout ! He's been away too long.
Anyway, back on track... It's about 100 or just a half a degree shy in this valley. The tobacco harvest has begun. It's the best cigar wrapper tobacco in this here US of A. The bidding will begin in Sept and end sometime near the close of Oct.... This tobacco will make the finest hand rolled cigars in the world.
In a few days the evening air will hang with the rich scent of cigars. I am not a smoker but it brings back memories of my Grandfather. I have a photo of him in his WWI uniform with his cigar in hand. He lived to be 87.
I have finished my son's room to look like Riendel and the great halls of Khaza-dum. I had a wonderful time putting it all togather.
Must run... but to everyone... have a great day !
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2005 04:14
Try to stay cool, scots. It's been as hot as a balrog's backside here. School will start in less than 2 weeks and I shudder to think how hot my classroom will be with 18 bodies in it when the ac goes out.:cry:

Speaking of a balrog's backside, I LOVE the talking Balrog-Battle Gandalf action figure, old tom. If he were mine, he'd sit upon my desk, looking out over the students as they work, ready to shout out :"You shall not pass!" What a great kindergarten teacher I am!!:love:

You were one lucky gal, sindarinelvish! I have Andruil and ADORE looking at it hanging on my wall opposite the Witch king's sword. I'd love to have sting...especially at $25. I'd have to go back and get the rest of the swords. Christmas in July????

I am glad that your son is coming home, MelianAnoriel. I love having my son come visit. He's going to spend the night this Friday after his band plays in a local "establishment." I love hearing them play. I'll try not to embarass him, but I'm not promising anything. Their website is :www.skylighthoney.net if anyone wants to check them out. My son is the one with the "Tolkienish" name who plays the guitar.

MT
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2005 04:22
I just cannot believe that it is August already!
Where did the summer go?
School starts next Tuesday. I seem to gain a new student every day. I hope that no more come, as I am running out of places to put them!!
I surely would like to hit the rewind button and do June all over.

MT
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 12:52
Whoa!! Rushes through the door with a strong gusty wind following. The weather is decidedly cooler in the UK. Thankf ully.

Yes it is August already MT and wonderful Autumn is knocking on the door. Leaves are falling already.

Mind you talking of *winds*. Two tornadoes across Britain in the last week. . Birmingham suffered the worst one, I think the other skirted London. There was a picture in the paper. Scary.!!

I know tornadoes are nothing to shout about in the US. But over here in the UK, it's not something we get and these were what you could class as *real* tornadoes, small, but real. They took tiled roofs off houses in Bimingham. Not just tiles and slates, but whole roofs.

*waves hand in front of face, to cool down*. Lol!! The weather is certainly freaky just lately.

Well, must get back to the grind. Work is piling up in the In Tray. :dizzy:

Hugs to everyone. Keep safe and well. Namarie mellen nin.
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 07:35
The first working week after summer vacation, and I'd already be ready for new holidays... :dizzy: I had a great time in July, with some domestic travelling, gardening, long walks, and just being lazy. it's just that, after sleeping late and staying up late for a month, it's a real pain to get up in the morning again. :angry: This week, I've allowed myself a soft landing and got up at 6:30, but after next week at the latest, I'll have to start waking up at six again.

Re: tornadoes, this summer, we've had more than usual in Finland as well, and a couple of them caused quite remarkable damage. Fortunately, on these latitudes, tornadoes are small and local, but can be quite as fierce as their tropical cousins!

:yawn: Got to try and get early to bed this evening.

Have a nice end of the week, everybody!
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2005 03:44
I'm having a hard time preparing to adjust to the "back to work" schedule. I've enjoyed staying up a bit late and sleeping later (than 5:30!). I'm sure that I should "ease" myself into the earlier to bed and alot earlier to rise, but I want to enjoy evey moment of my freedom.
Yeah, that's it! I'm not lazy. I get alot of things done. I do so very much enjoy doing things when it works best for me to do them. I wonder if I can talk the board of education into doing things on my time table??? I'd better hurry! I've only got 2 days!!!

MT
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2005 05:34
Bless your heart, Minas TirithMS! May the Valar grant you a pleasant and peaceful school year.

I don't start back until 8/23 and have been trying to ignore that it is August already.

I also forgot about 5:30 AM! Thanks for reminding me. :cry:

I get obsessive about planning first quarter (not that I usually don't do pretty much the same things) and my blank plan book and last year's are sitting here on my desk together just waiting for me.....where has summer gone?

And while I an whining, could it please cool down to a high of 65 and rain until October please...we have no AC at school and it's always hot as blazes. I don't understand why we can't wait until Labor Day to begin.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2005 03:30
School begins on the 22nd here in my part of Middle Earth. I'm going to have to get my circadian rhythms back in line. Not that I sleep in very late...8 a.m. is REALLY late for me, but it's not what it is during the school year.

Bless my school board's heart...they put in central air at school about 7 or 8 years ago. There were times we were out there working when it was over 100 degrees in the building. Plus there were no early outs due to heat. It's so much nicer now out there. Of course, this is very likely our last year in existance, so I guess I need to enjoy it while I can.

Have a good school year all you teachers!
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2005 12:06
Thanks for the blessings sindarinelvish and scots56. I think that I am going to need all the help I can get to make the transition to "school mode." Why am I having trouble with this? Is it because I am getting older? Is 18 years all I have in me to give? I enjoy being with the children, that's not the issue. What's the real problem??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

MT
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: August 08, 2005 06:05
MinasTirithMS, maybe it is that when we get older, adjusting to changes in our circadian rhythm takes more time than when we were younger... especially when it's about going back to work after the summer vacation. But, one good piece of advice a psychologist gave for this situation: Think that you are NOT at forced labour!
MelianAnoriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2005 11:23
Morwinyoniel, that is sage advice ! Although there are some days in which I think it so...
Ol' Tom, I've been peakin at the LOTR Costume Gather website and the San Francisco Bay area costume guild is doing a Rivendell recreation & dinner in October. My guess is that you and River Woman will be taking part ?
My son is home ... what a great feeling to be hugged by an adult son ! When they come home and love us, then we know that the job of child rearing has been done well. :disco: I just can't help myself! His LOTR room went over big ! The friends loved it. Of course, now that he is home, I never know what or whom I'm going to see in the living room when I arise in the morning. What a mess ! I love every bit of it. Now the cats don't know where their favorite sleeping places have gone, but they are dealing with it .
To our cousins across the ocean... I live in the Northeast US. We don't usually get but one tornado a year. We are more apt to get a hurricane. I have learned to look for a yellowing in the sky, then run the other way. Anyway, we got three tornados this year... they were small.... damage was minimal, although 6,000 people were without electricity..no one was killed.
Everyone enjoy the days...and remember to bask in your youth.
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2005 04:38
MinasTirithMS,

It will be OK. :hug:

My close teaching friend and I whine almost daily on the phone this time of year...it is almost a back to school ritual. :sob: We belly-ache about when we will actually go back to our classrooms to see what mess the janitors have left (they wax the floors over the summer and NEVER put things back, just sort of heap them up in the middle like a poltergeist has been there.) and do a daily count down on when we are retiring. I always tell my DH I'm not going back and he replies good he'll quit his job too.

I think it's the month of September that is the problem...think how "easy" it will be come October and you are back in the groove. You know, when the football team has lost most of the games, and the parents have been in for open house and told you they are letting their son decide if he wants to take his AD/HD meds this year, and midterms have come out and half your students are shell-shocked ("I really didn't think I had to do that work to pass! :cry:") The leaves will be turning and you can wear sweaters and you'll have your classes housebroken by then.

This is my 21st year and I love teaching 11 months of the year but I hate teaching in August!

So, practice setting that alarm for 5:30 and have an extra cup of coffee or two and order some new shoes on-line (I did today!) :disco:

And when it gets to be too much, just imagine...Viggo in a kilt.:love:

scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2005 02:37
And when it gets to be too much, just imagine...Viggo in a kilt.

Ahhhh, such sage advice. I myself am going through the whiney stage of teaching. Our school is so very small that the "problems" we encounter are somewhat different. 1. Are we EVER going to get our contracts...nevermind that they gave us exactly what we wanted and have approved them at the annual meeting, 2. When are the janitors even going to show up so I can get the darned room put together, 3. and lastly the big issue this year...will the petiton drive across the state to repeal the law that closes us down pass so the voters have a say in what happens (and I can stay at the school I love)? Who knows on all of the above three??

Oh, well, I go with the flow and made blueberry scones last night to cheer myself up. It worked! My bulliten boards are ready to go, the lesson plan book, grade book, and attendance register have dates in them, and I'm getting excited to go back. *Getting* NOT *AM* yet. lol

And...if all else fails...well, this may be FIRST on my list...Viggo in that kilt does it for me every time!! :love:
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email