Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
Post RE: Fans between 20 and 40!
on: June 05, 2008 09:02
Pana I am not Rodwen but ALEP is a gathering of Tolkien fans in Lexington Kentucky. We are celebrating Bilbo's birthday. It will be at a restored Shaker Village in a country type setting like the Shire. It is from September 25-28. There is so many things planned. Go to alongexpectedparty.com for more details. I am going and it is my first Tolkien gathering. Can you tell I am excited?

[Edited on 5/6/2008 by awelyn418]
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: June 05, 2008 09:37
Oh I'd love to be able to go to a Tolkien gathering. :drool: Maybe one of these years. Kentucky isn't all that far away from Florida(where I am) but unfortunately funds are extremely tight at the moment. Hope you have a great time Awelyn and hope you are able to go as well Rodwen.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: June 05, 2008 03:12
why thank you Dolwen. They are having a paddle wheel boat on the Kentucky river that they are calling the Brandwine river ride and a costume contest and we are just wearing them for fun and the party at the party tree. We will have a night where the elves come and sing and tell stories and there is a Prancing Pony tavern and I just can't wait.
Imahobbitgirl2
Realm Leader of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: June 05, 2008 03:15
Awww Man, I wanna go to a Tolkien gathering! I'm probably just gonna spend my time doing my usual nothing. (And proud of it! ) I'm a homebody with no money or means of transportation who lives in a place absolutely NOTHING happens in, so I'll probably just spend the summer at home reading a zillion books under trees with a glass of lemonade propped up next to me. Now that, to me, sounds like the perfect summer!
PrincessPana
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2008 04:33
Ooooooh! I soo want to go to the Kentucky Party!!! :disco: Is it an annual event, guys or it this the first one?
You are so Lucky Awelyn, Rodwen too, and Dolwen, you should make it if you can at all :love:

Hobbitgirl, that sounds just what Summer was made for et:

Thinks we need ALEP in Dublin too . . . . :dizzy: . . . I'm now going to bed a jealous person . . . . . . .
Dolwen
Send Message
on: June 09, 2008 04:41
Oh I agree hobbitgirl... reading books under a tree all summer sounds like the perfect summer to me. Or it would if Florida wasn't so horribly hot in the summer. But, I will be reading as much as I can. Unfortunately with three boys running around all summer, I probably won't get much time.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2008 10:05
So... There did exist a thread for the midst as well...

I am 35, so you will know me still for a little time.
PrincessPana! :hug: I am delighted to see you! And imahobbit too! :hug: Hi there!

I don't even know where to start when it comes to me, so I will keep it short and just state that I am from Sweden, but that my soul was resurrected from medieval times - or so it seems anyway. LOL!

Sounds like you are all going to have fun this summer? I might go to some medieval arrangements, write some more songs and do what I usually do - keep myself busy with stories, letters and walks in the forest. But no one knows! I cannot predict the summer, so I think I for now rather just look forward to it with excitement, eager to explore what surprises lie ahead of me!
Dolwen
Send Message
on: June 20, 2008 10:28
Hello and welcome raina_alasse. :wave: Walks in the forest sound wonderful and would suit me just fine but unfortuantely there aren't any around here. Sounds like you will have a wonderful summer too.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2008 01:01
Hi there, Dolwen! :wave: And thanks for the welcome! :hug:

I guess you are right!

To be a bit nosy (I hope you don't mind), but since I haven't seen a few of you elsewhere... where do you usually post?
Dolwen
Send Message
on: June 20, 2008 01:36
Honestly, I suppose I post most often (everyday) in my realm. But my favorite forum is the books forum, although it has been a bit quiet lately. Other than that I post in the palantir, movies and prancing pony on occassion if I find a thread that strikes my interest.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2008 01:37
Like this one, then ...

I post mostly in Ulmo - the realm I happen to be in - in the clubs I belong to (I just have to start up on a new poem, or story or something for Lisselambë). And I am also seen at Green Dragon Inn (the 'get to know..'-thread) and sometimes in the language section too. I have been at the Pillow Fight here, but it has so gone over my head, so I no longer go there. Occasionally I go in to whack someone, but usually I keep this in pm:s now. I also post regularly at the Games Section.

I love it at Ulmo, I have a bunch of friends there, but I admit to be thinking of Estë's Realm, as it is now reopened. It was my first choice. But I don't want to leave the people of Ulmo either. They are wonderful, and I know that I will miss them a lot. I feel kind of parted there. But maybe it is time for me to go to Estë. I will think this over.

I am sorry for ranting on and on in a subject that must be totally nonsense to you. And very boring... :blush:

I haven't looked at all into the Book's section, the palantir or the movies.
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: June 23, 2008 06:41
I can usually be found in the Green Dragon, the Games Forum (Hey, fellow gamers! :wave: ), the Prancing Pony, the Movies Section, drooling over the hot guys (Especially Billy :love: ) in the Casting Section, and in the Palantir. Haven't checked out the Books Section either, I probably should, and I'm not sure if I should join a Realm or not.
Dolwen
Send Message
on: June 24, 2008 03:41
and I'm not sure if I should join a Realm or not.

If you don't mind me asking, I was wondering why you were unsure about realms? Maybe we can help answer questions you might have about them.
PrincessPana
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2008 01:04
Hi All :wave: Hope everybody's Well !!

Hobbitgirl, I was on COE and posting for 3 months before I joined a Realm, but it was the best decision I ever made. it not only consolidated my experience at COE but it made the experience very much more fun. I also got to know my fellow Realmers much better and would consider that i have made some real friends. I would very much recommend joining a Realm.:love:

As to my postings . . . Every day in my Realm, Nienna. And most days in the Games Forum as well. I also post here in the Prancing Pony, the Palintir, the Book and Movie forums too. And very occassionally I pass thru' the Green Dragon. I have not posted yet in only the Elvish forums but I intend to change that real soon as I am about to embark on learning Sindarin at last !!!

Raina, my friend :hug: Lovely to see you here . . . .
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: June 24, 2008 05:15
It's not that I have any questions about the Realms, I'm just not sure if they're for me or not. I don't really know which one will fit me best and I don't want to be tied down in a realm I don't like. Since I don't know what Realm is what and for whom I'm afraid I might get into one I thought was about one thing but it turns out it's about something completely different. Maybe it's the Realm names that get me confused. I never really understood the Valar names and what they stand for that much. (Now, if you had a SHIRE Realm, I'd sign up for that in a heartbeat! )
Dolwen
Send Message
on: June 25, 2008 03:53
Hi Princess Pana, hope all has been well.

Hobbitgirl, I know exactly what you mean, it took me about a year at CoE before I joined a realm. I was so unsure about what they were about too. But really it is just like a smaller message board. There are games, activities, discussions etc. in all of the realms. What I did was take the quiz, check out the realms pages (with most realms the charter usually has realm members common characteristics), and the ones that sounded interesting to me I pm'd the realm heads to ask what the realm was like and what kind of things they did. You only have to stay in a realm for 3 months, so if it is a bad fit you can try out a different realm after or you can stay if you like it. My only regret about realms was that I didn't join one sooner. I agree with Princess Pana and would very much recommend joining a realm.
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: July 07, 2008 03:14
Okay, having been cadjoled into doing it by you fine people and some others out there (Sigh. Peer pressure. :rolleyes: ), I have finally decided to bite the bullet and join a realm. I am now hereafter in the Realm of Manwe.

I hope I haven't made a terrible mistake, guys. Wish me luck.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: July 08, 2008 05:10
Imahobbitgirl2 the thing about realms are that if you do get in a realm you have to stay in the one you have chosen for 3 months then if you decide you want to try another then you can do that also. So, don't worry it is not like a lifelong commitment. Each realm does different things but I really enjoy being in a realm. Matter of fact I am head of my realm and I love it. My realm has a reading club every season and we also are having a summer reading contest and we have a games section and a member section. It is just a place to get to know members of COE better and the members are what make the realm . So , if you want a great realm participate in it and help make it great. My members do a fantastic job. Sorry to talk your ear off but I am a firm believer in our realms. Now as I slowly back out as I am way over 40. :love:

[Edited on 9/7/2008 by awelyn418]

[Edited on 12/7/2008 by awelyn418]
Dolwen
Send Message
on: July 08, 2008 11:07
Hope you have great fun and meet some great people in your realm Hobbit girl.
PrincessPana
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2008 03:41
Hey Hobbitgirl :hug: Hope your Realm Experience is Fantastic, and adds to the Fun you have here at COE. I know it did for me :love:

Congratulations !!! :cheers:
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2008 09:44
My best to you imahobbit! :hug:

I am sure you will love it there! I have another problem... I really love the people at Ulmo and I love being around them. Yet I miss some issues that were discussed in the Estë. And now it has reopened... And I don't know what to do. I don't want to leave Ulmo because of my wonderful friends there, but I really am dragged towards Estë... :blush: And my penpal there has nothing to do with it. I have many penpals at Ulmo as well. I don't know what to do. I feel as if I have been parted into two pieces...
Dolwen
Send Message
on: July 12, 2008 04:06
That is a tough decision raina. I have only been a member of Vaire so I have never had to experience that but maybe you could re-join Este for three months and then make a decision about which one you really feel you belong in. Since Este wasn't active when you were first there it is probably hard to know what the realm is really like and maybe it would be easier to choose if you give it a try when it is active.
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2008 01:44
*watches Lord Elrond in armour in the random block, silently wondering what he would have advised her to do...*

I agree with you, 7hot... I just don't like leaving Ulmo because of my friends there... Maybe I will send the head of Estë a pm and ask her about the topics and what things are going on there. And then decide whether to give it a try or not...
*sighs*

Added:
I spoke with my friends at Ulmo - the head of Estë is gone yet - but through that I made my decision. And in my heart, I know I made the right one. I have returned to Estë. I will remain in touch with my dear friends from Ulmo, so I don't have to miss them all that much. Even though I of course will miss them nonetheless... I had a great time there, but I know I have made the right decision.

[Edited on 13/7/2008 by raina_alassë]
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2008 03:02
Sorry for double posting... But I wanted my friends to realize that this thread is still alive... Please, don't be angry with me... And I also posted this for this reason:

Now... some less happy news. I am starting to get severe computer problems... I don't know for how much longer I will be able to be online. If any of my friends who haven't got my address would like to remain in touch with me, let me know through a pm, and I will give it to you. I could actually do so in here, as I am not afraid of getting nasty people's letters. They are good to use when one wants to make up a fire... :evil: Just kidding... As I said, i am not worried, but I know that others worry on my behalf, so... to keep everyone relieved, that will be through a pm. If my computer goes out before I get a chance to reply to any pm:s, then maybe one of my other friends are willing to give it to you? (If any of you are, let the others know, please.)
Dolwen
Send Message
on: July 24, 2008 11:55
Sorry to hear about your computer problems raina. Is there no chance of fixing it? I hope that your computer will hang in there so you can stay around.
TinwerínaMíriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 26, 2008 06:22
Hi all,
A thread for 'tweens!!! I finally decided to pop in and tell you it's a wonderful idea! I'm 29, soon turning 30 and a LoTR fan for quite a while and around CoE for a year or so.

I've noticed in this thread, old though it is, that most of the contributers at this age range are married and have young kids. But what about those of us (like me) pathetic individuals who are neither married nor have any plans to? Is there anybody like that out here now?

Hey hobbitgirl I'm here Single and right now no plans to get married. Just waiting patiently
Míriel
Dolwen
Send Message
on: July 26, 2008 09:31
Welcome Miriel. :wave: Glad to see another tweener here, there don't seem to be many of us.

[Edited on 7/26/2008 by Dolwen]
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: July 26, 2008 04:11
THANK YOU!!! :love: :love: :love: Someone exactly my age who has exactly my situation! Welcome, Miriel! :disco: :hug: :wave:
TinwerínaMíriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2008 12:05
THANK YOU!!! :love: :love: :love: Someone exactly my age who has exactly my situation! Welcome, Miriel! :disco: :hug: :wave:

Thanks for your welcome Dolwen and Imahobbitgirl2 :hug: It's good to know that there's someone in a situation exactly like mine. Not that being single is a problem of any for me it just feels better to know there are more people like you

[Edited on 27/7/2008 by TinwerínaMíriel]
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2008 10:54
Welcome, TinwerínaMíriel! :wave:

No, 7hot, the computer isn't fixable. It has nothing to do with the programs or anything like that. It is about to give up, that's all.

So... right now, I take the opportunity to really enjoy the sight of Maglor in my Random Block... I wouldn't mind to be his Silmaril... :blush:
PrincessPana
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 28, 2008 03:16
Hello & Welcome to the Tweenies, TinwerínaMíriel :hug:

Another Single Person here, except that I'm 25 !!!

And although I've been a Tolkien fan most of my conscious life I've been active in COE for a little over a year.

Looking forward to getting to know you better as our paths continue to cross . . .
TinwerínaMíriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2008 11:52
Hello & Welcome to the Tweenies, TinwerínaMíriel :hug:

Nice meeting you PrincessPana. I hope to visit the site more often now when I still have vacation and get to know some ppl a little. Right now I won't be here for over a week though as I'm going to Lithuania with a friend and her brothers
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2008 03:35
I hope you had a good time there! A pity that this thread is let to rest... We need our place to meet, we "betweeners".

My computer is getting worse, but it haven't died yet...
*pets her little computer gently*

I just see the sun coming back outdoors... lovely! maybe I can study some Sindarin and Quenya outdoors today then!
Hugs to you all! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: August 26, 2008 06:43
Wow... I'm glad to see this thread has taken off. I'm one of those single, no-plans-to-get-married, workin' like crazy tweeners. I'm almost 21, in love with life, and going to art school starting next week! *squee*

I'm a Role-Playing addict- see the forums here, and at Loki's Palace...

Glad I've finally made it here!

(btw, for those who knew me before, I'm the girl previously known as RodwenofRohan...)
Imahobbitgirl2
Send Message
on: August 26, 2008 01:42
YAY, Merides!!!! :love: :hug:

Gotta keep this thread alive! We can't get lost in the shuffle of old-timers and teenies, can we?

In four days I will be the rife-old age of 30. :nono: :sob: It's a good this this thread isn't "Fans between 20 and 30". I'd have to find a new one. I wonder if there's anyone on the CoE that is in their 30s (besides me very soon).
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email