Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part V
on: January 17, 2006 05:28
I was too young to pay much attention to US politics when the Kennedys and King were shot down. Years later, I was touched and saddened that such good people (regardless of Kennedy foibles) were mowed down. America lost some important moral leadership with their demise . Dr. King's words are so powerful - we need to have them repeated , especially these days.

Awelyn that sounds like awesome music. Chanting always gets my attention. I've been in workshops where we did chanting into a circle - just random notes, as the spirit moved us. Both the atonality and harmonies are incredible and eventually they blend into a hair-raising, peace-inducing wall of sound. The film looks interesting. Will keep an eye out for it.

OTB skating again? Cool. Glad that your back is holding out OK. I haven't been in ice skates in years. Always had sore foot muscles from all the unusual tensions of manoeuvering on skates. Enjoy. I stick to snowshoes and occasional cross-country skiing these days.

A FoF meeting sounds great, but I don't know that I could manage it. It will be a long way from where I live and I'd have to convince hubby to come along. He's not fan material - likes LOTR, but would rather die a thousand deaths than show up at a convention, especially if I went in costume. He's very shy about public appearances or standing out in any way . I DO intend to see the Toronto production, as we vacation in that area every summer. Besides, we're trying to plan a 25th anniversary trip so that will probably take precendence. *sigh*

OK, break's over, back to work.
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 07:01
Hi Everyone

Old Tom I used to go ice skating but I was never any good - I used to shuffle round the rink a couple of times and then go to the cafe for coffee and chocolate biscuits! I think that defeats the object of keeping fit. I wonder if elves or Rangers are good at skating on ice?

Re meeting up

A lovely idea although rather complicated with such a far flung bunch of people. Perhaps we should all go to New Zealand since that is probably a long way for everyone .. and it is where they made the films.

I have never used the chat thingy here is there any way we could all get together there? not the same as meeting up and we would have to take account of different time zones. On the other hand we chat quite well here don't we?

Can anyone tell me where to buy a tooit? I want a round one.

All confused now? OK every time I am planning things I can never seem to get around to it!

Catch you all later

love and hugs

HT:heart:
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 07:07
LOL... Yes, roun' to-its are nearly impossible to find! I would love to go to NZ, but 'tis rather pricey. *sigh* I've all but talked hubby into going to Ireland, but don't know how many of my fellow Yanks could make it there.

Chat... Goodness, I haven't been there for a very long time. Last must have been around the time RoTK came out.

As for MLK, JFK, and RK, I remember them all far too well. I was in junior high at the time (I was 11 and had just begun 6th grade). We were sent home as everyone was in shock. It seemed those three folks wanted to give to the world (and yes, I know they weren't perfect, but they tried to do what was right) and for that some hated them.

MLK's "I have a dream" speech still stirs me and JFK's "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" still rings in my ears.

I would love to meet with everyone, but it may take a couple of years to get this under way.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 07:38
OK, HT

Can anyone tell me where to buy a tooit? I want a round one.

What on Middle Earth is that?!?!?! :dizzy:
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 07:54
Meeting- it seems it should be a central location for all of us. Now where would that be? I would love to go to New Zealand I think we should keep in mind the cost. OTB do you know where the town in California is where they have Hobbittown? They talked about it in the movie Ringers. It was rural and had redwood trees.
I agree with Swabby just being with you all would be enough for me.

Belle, I had heard NZ was expensive. Ireland sounds lovely and I think it will take some time to pull this off. I think it would have to be in summer time maybe. I don't know everyone's work schedule and Swabby that was a good idea about sending everyone a video of our meeting that could not make it. Swabby if things worked out what airport would you use Little Rock or St. Louis? I will use the one you choose. I always use St. Louis but heard Little Rock is nice.

HT that sounds like something I would do when ice skating but I love the speed you can achieve on a pair of ice skates you feel like your the wind.I felt so graceful until I fell and cut my leg on ice through a pair of jeans mind you.

My anti-virus program won't let me go to the chat.

Neenime I heard Nate Saint's son talk on a program this morning. End of a Spear is the name of the movie and his book that the movie is based on. It was a moving talk.

I am home on my lunch break and I need to go back to work.

:cry: Awelyn
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 08:07
Hi everyone; just finished reading all the posts - forgive me if I forget someone. I enjoy reading each and every post and eagerly look forward to more. It would be wonderful to meet you all. Too bad we can't just orb or magically transport ourselves. New Zealand would be ideal but rather far. Whatever is decided, I will be fine with. Perhaps a location that fits the majority? What about having a yearly get together and changing the location each year? Just some thoughts. Meanwhile the chat get together would be fun as well. Maybe a monthly or so chat, or choose a couple times to help accommodate the different time zones.

Awelyn, how cool that you can sign. What a wonderful way to help others. Seems like that would require so much patience.

I agree with PJ's portrayal of Denathor, Rose. Faramir was another character that I felt could have been portrayed better. I really loved the book Faramir - he seemed much wiser, kinder and more like a descendant of Numenor.

Thanks for the MLK quote, OT, so appropriate. He was a remarkable man and worthy of being honored. I can't recall what I was doing the day he died but remember Kennedy's death clearly. I wrote a poem at the time but not sure where it is now. Would be fun to share if I do find it as I was only 11 years old.

Swabby, I can relate to what you were saying about different things happening in the same year. I tend to associate happenings in the world with whatever personal thing was going on at the time. Enjoy your history lessons and all your stories. Thank you for sharing!

It is colder here today also and raining. Think I may put off going to the store, lol. MT, sure wish I had an Ara-baby of my own to ride along and brighten the day, lol!

Rose, love your humor and the cave with the eyes was so cool. A wonderful way to help your FoF friends smile!

Have to get moving here. Hope everyone has a great day (night)!! :heart::love: :hug:

Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 08:37
Here you go, HT. Lol!!

Neenime: An explanation.

*A round tooit. Just give it to anyone who is waiting until they get "around to it" and watch their eyes roll.*

Swabby, and Belle: Thankyou for your words. :love: I'm just having a cuppa in my cave and will be out later. *checks over LotR and JRR writings.*

Off to see my daughter now. Be back later. :hug:

TTFN

Rosie xxxx
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 09:44
It sure would be great to meet the FoF:s in real life some day. Originally, I was planning to go to the Gathering in Toronto next summer, but well, my plans changed... It shouldn't be impossible for me to arrange something with the British here though; I travel to Britain a couple of times a year to meet some people from another Tolkien messageboard, and could maybe combine meeting a few CoErs with those visits.

New Zealand would be great, but at least a couple of years away.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 12:11
With all of us flung far and wide, it will take a bit to get things organized. I tend to be a bit AR on those kind of things and I feel that it's better to wait and have it organized and fun than rush and have it disorganized and disasterous. Just my thoughts rambling since I can't go home yet and all my work is caught up. That's a rarity for sure.

As for IM-ing..I'm on quite a bit. If you're interested in having my MSN name/real name just give me a PM and I'd be happy to oblige. I think it would be a hoot to talk to you even if it's just in the virutal world.
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 12:34
Scots, I was going to suggest the same thing, MSN IMing. I think we trust each other enough to share our addresses, if we are on MSN.

Trots off to do her moderating/Realm Head duties.

Bye for now.

Hugs

Rosie xx
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 12:58
Don't stay in that cave, Rose. There are no experts here, waiting to "entrap" someone. Be careful..you never know what may be lurking in that dark,dank hole!

I meet with a group (Middle Aged Crazies) each summer in one of the member's homes. We spend a long weekend together, watching the movies, playing trivia games, watching the appendices, playing LOTR Monopoly and taking pictures and sharing special goodies with each other (bookmarks, pics, pins, poems etc.) It's great fun.
I'll be meeting with "the MAC's" June 10th and visiting my grandchildren in the Netherlands later that month. Have a week long inservice in July and my summer is about over, as school starts in early August.
If not a LOTR related event, how about a renaissance festival for our meet-up event? I know that meeting you folks would be most wonderful and I sooo want it to happen. Someone ffigure it out and I'll do my upmost to be there. Lord knows we could entertain ourselves for hours just chatting.

MT
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2006 04:06
OTB do you know where the town in California is where they have Hobbittown? They talked about it in the movie Ringers. It was rural and had redwood trees.

I did some searching on the web after seeing Ringers, hoping to find this really neat place but I think it's more along the lines of a cheezy roadside attraction. Still, the drive would likely be very scenic with the redwood trees and all. Here's one site for Hobbiton, USA. Enter "Hobbiton USA" in your favorite search engine and you'll find a few more places.

Hobbiton USA is in Phillipsville along Highway 101 in northwestern California. Here it is on a MAP. Zoom out a bit to see it's location relative to San Francisco.
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2006 04:53
It's no wonder that MT is so strong in the Tolkien spirit since she has been getting her "fix" somewhat regularly, going to exhibits, faires, and meeting up with her "middle-aged crazies". I am envious of you, MT, and yet glad for you also.

I would be glad to just talk to some of you on the phone sometime, in lieu of an actual meeting. If any of you would be interested in doing the same, please PM me and I will give you my phone number. I have A great deal of trust in all of you or else I wouldn't make such an offer.

We all know that A rose by any other name, such as Dracella, is still A rose, but does that logic apply to towns also? I mean, would A town named "Hobbiton" necessarily be anything like the one we adore? Perhaps that would be A good idea for A theme park, but I think our Hobbiton exists only in books and minds. Maybe it's in some hearts, too.

My 14yo son was hollering something from the bathroom this morning when I was making his breakfast. I couldn't tell what he was saying, so I went to the bathroom door and stuck my head in, "What were you saying, son?" I asked. "I need A clean towel", he said. I replied "Aren't there some in the towel closet?" "Yes, but they're all old and scratchy". I went to the washroom and found one that looked "new" enough to suit the young prince. :rolleyes: Later, Swabby
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2006 04:10
With sincere apologies to the late Janis Joplin, I have "modified" her song, Mercedes Benz. It's modification is done in honor of rangers (and you know who you are) and the ones who "appreciate" them.

Oh Lord, won't you send me a ranger today?
I'm trusting in you, Lord, to show him the way.
Please, won't you hurry? Don't want a delay!
Oh Lord, won't you send me a ranger today?

Oh Lord, won't you send me a ranger tonight?
One who is scruffy and knows how to fight.
With soul-deep, blue-green eyes that are a delight.
Oh Lord, won't you send me a ranger tonight?

Oh Lord, won't you send me a ranger right now?
I'm counting on you, Lord. I know you know how!
When my eyes see him, my heart will say WOW!!!
Oh Lord, won't you send me a ranger right now?

I amaze myself at the childish things I do at times. Perhaps that's why I relate so well with kindergarteners?

MT
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2006 05:26
Hi everyone,

Sorry to be away so long but it's semester exam week and I'm also trying to post some new Aragorn stories at Henneth Annun.

A get-together! What about one of the state parks---I sure other states have good ones---Ohio has really beautiful ones---nice cabins, lakes, meeting facilities---we'd be in the woods and the cost is fairly inexpensive.

Scots, I heard about the 20/20 report. What can you say? Pick a really godawful example and pretend it is all public schools. Another slam against public education...who will take all of the children "private schools" don't want when they close us all down for good? (Just a short tirade)

Swabby. crackers in bed???? A truly colorful story, I'm sure.

On Tolkien: he has hinted at and left so much to the imaginings of the reader, it is almost like stepping into the book and peering around the edges to see what was going on. I think that's what many of the best fanfiction stories do (I modestly do not include myself in that group) but it's interesting to research and use what you are given and can speculate about to guess what caused an outcome Tolkien mentions in one part of the story or another.

Why did Finduilas die young? (Oh, I've got a tale for that...)

What caused Boromir to be the way he was when we saw him at COE? What was his relationship with his father? What others did he care about and trust?

You could go on about nearly every one of them. (I think I just reviewed that at school for the exam---good characterization: when an author creates characters that seem like real people!!!)

On another tack, any one have a recumbent bike? I'm thinking of getting at home exercise. Your experience would be most appreciated.

From Forodwaith where today is it snowing and tomorrow it is 56...

SE
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: January 18, 2006 05:54
OTB, you are right it looks like a dive. How disappointing. It did not look like that in the movie Ringers.

Hi Sindy, good to have you back A park sounds good. I think we should find something close as we can get also to our UK and Finland and Canada FOF friends.

Swabby you hit the nail on the head teenagers do think they are royalty. It will change though.

MTMS you crack me up. The song was great.

Awelyn 418
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2006 12:28
Hello World of ME,
I haven't been in for awhile as is obvious from the fact that someone said they hadn't heard from me. I was interested to read the last few pages and see the comments.
I remember where I was when JFK was shot. I was 6 years old and lying on the couch in our families apartment in Massachusetts with a toothache. JFK has ever since been a great interest of mine. The "magic" of his term as president was something that we haven't seen the like of. Not condoning the man or his politics or socail life, which has always been questionable, however he made some contributions to the US that have made history.

As to Dr. MLK I don't remember where I was that day but by then I was 10 years old. That was a dark year for my family. Americans everywhere were stunned by the assassinations of MLK and Bobby Kennedy and the latter was more greatly felt in my home state of Massachusetts. That was also the year my dad served in Viet Nam and my parents were separated by so much more than miles. Mom had to raise five kids alone for a year. I really grew up that year as I became mom's confidant on all matters familial and even helped wrap "all" of the Christmas presents. Babysat the 4 younger sibs that summer and learned what it was that my parents really went through to raise 5 children. Food, laundry, arguments to referee, etc.

The last two days at school I have taught a few lessons on Dr. King. My students are quite a mixed group of ethnicity and I like to bring out the fact that we are all different and that assumptions of intelligence and ability should never be made based on ethnicity. I have Mexicans, half-Mexicans/whites, whites and a Native American in my classroom of just 20 children. They also come from a very mixed group religiously and from the socio-economic standpoint are vastly different as well.
One boy wrote that his dream was to have everyone in the world stop smoking and drinking. He said the way to accomplish this was to ask God to do it. Lots of faith in that little 9 year old body.

As you can see my life is consumed by third graders whom I dearly love and hope to leave with good impressions and factual learning. I strive to teach all that is best and to bring out the best in them. One of my students wrote that when she was President she would get rid of guns. I told her she'd have my vote. That's a big dream for a Native American girl, but isn't it a wonder that she really believes that in our world this is a possible dream for her?
I applaude children!

Off my soap box now and back to bed with this little hobbit. Much to do tomorrow and got to be perky for the kiddies.

Brandywine

[Edited on 22/1/2006 by brandywine]
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2006 03:02
Isn't MT's modified JJ song A hoot? I wonder if Viggo has any idea how much his hunky carcass is desired. Someone should invent something called "Ranger" cologne. I'd buy some.

It's good to hear from you Sindy. When I see you write A substantial post like that, it makes me think your health has fully returned.

It's also very good to hear from you, Brandywine. I can tell that you love those children. As A matter of fact, I think that most of the FoF members have shown an extraordinary capacity for love, which is just one more admirable attribute of the Tolkien devotee. Surely you'll all agree. Swabby
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2006 03:44
Brandywine good to hear form yu. Thank you for your isiring words about students and their dreams. Teachers like you nourish our children's spirits and not just their little minds and bodies. All of you teachers in FoF touch my heart. Thanks for doing what you do.

Love the JJ song! I was never a fan but the clever re-working of the lyrics is fun!

Ranger cologne? Hmm.... 1 part midge-water, 2 parts perspiration, 1 part woodsmoke.......... Sounds intriguing. Would you volunteer, swabby to test it out and hopefully be swamped by hordes of adoring women? It's tough job..... would your training in self-defence come in handy?

Get-togther in a park? Sounds intriguing.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: January 19, 2006 04:00
Brandywine, I have seen some teachers that I think Oh my God why are they in a class room and then there are teachers that I believe have a gift for teaching and are called to teach. You and every teacher here at FOF have that gift. You know by reading the posts. Swabby is right the love all of you teachers here have really shows in your writng and your actions and I am so grateful for that kind of teacher. Years ago when I was a teacher's aide and working with 3rd graders I would write letters of encouragement to the children at the end of the school year. 2 years later I was working at the same school and doing hall monitor duty. One of the little boys getting a drink pulled out his billfold and said do you remember this? It was the letter I had written him two years ago. It was wrinkled and had seen better days. I said you carry it in your billfold and he said I keep my important stuff in there and I struggled not to cry. So, I said all that to say all this good teachers matter. So, my hats are off to you. Go change lives:love:

I do agree Swabby there is always alot of love here. We have our love of all things Tolkien and our growing love and respect for each other. Swabby I trust my friends here and I would give anyone here my telephone number with the exception of Ranger Norlin

:nono:

I have e-mailed Nenya but have not heard back from her yet.
I also miss Balrog and Mag.

Well, I have a earache this morning . It is not severe but a little painful. My mom would put drops of sweet oil in a spoon and warm it and put it in my ear when I was a child and it always helped. I miss my mom.

Well, I am off to work . Have a good day.
Awelyn 418
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2006 05:05
Such a good laugh, that modified song. Rofl!!

I love to read our posts.

Brandywine: It's good to see you and it must be a wonderful feeling to nurture young minds. I know the feeling when your own kids turn out ok, but to nurture number after number. *bows to teacher(s)* :love:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I would like to fill a pipe and blow smoke images, like Gandalf, that would place us all in Middle-earth. Now *that's* a pipe dream. Aaaahhhh!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awelyn: I am sure NenyaG is around somewhere. Balrog is too. FYI it's Magoleth's birthday today. *looks around* I'm sure Magoleth won't mind my saying.....*whispers* It's her 60th!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm just wondering if anyone uses MSN instant messaging. I and the Ladies-Who-Write *giggles*.....sounds like an association, doesn't it. Well, anyway, I and the good ladies all use MSN and it is great fun.

We could all swap MSN addresses and get chatting. :love:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I bought a lovely green tea today, with strawberries and blueberries and traces of echinacea. Mmmmmm, delicious, hot or cold. I had a cheese, spinach and pasta salad with pesto sauce, a cherry yoghurt and a chocolate peanut bar for lunch.

*giggles* Thought I would share that with you all. For no reason whatsoever, other than I felt like it. :love:

Oh, well, better be off .... two huge reports to type before I go home.

:wave: Byeeee and :hug:s to everyone.
Rosie/Dracella
awelyn418
Send Message
on: January 19, 2006 07:16
Magoleth Happy Birthday.!
Awelyn
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2006 09:00
Hi everyone

Rose thanks for the tooit I will try to use it.

MT Love the song

This is just a quick post as its my best friends's 50th birthday this week and I still have to get her card made. I like making cards but once you start everyone expects hand made ones hence the need for round tooits!

Love to you all

HT:heart:
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: January 19, 2006 09:33
Happy Birthday, Magoleth! :cheers: :disco:

(Re: MT's version of "Mercedes Benz", it would also be Janis Joplin's birthday.)

For the last couple of days, we've had real cold weather - around -20 on the C scale, which would be below zero on the F scale as well - and, it's supposed to continue over the weekend. It isn't very tempting to think of any outdoors activities...

Anyway, yesterday I had some errand in the city, and on the same trip, I found a couple of belated Christmas presents for myself (I got some money from my parents for Christmas, to spend it to whatever I want). First, the complete soundtrack to the FoTR movie; and second, a real treasure - the Annotated Hobbit. I've been for a time looking for a hardcover edition of The Hobbit in English; the translations of Tolkien's books are well available as hardcover, but in the original language, they're mostly paperbacks. Now, I found one, and the "geek" version on top of that!

Hugses :hug: to the FoF:s - have a nice day/evening, everybody!
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2006 04:32
Awelyn, your story about the little boy made me cry. In a good kind of way.

Thanks, Swabby. I do feel great. Could get Narsil out and go chop a few orcses.

The moe I think of a get-together, the more I like it. Summer is a great time---no kids, open road. I'll open up the sun roof in my Impala and head off to where ever you'd all like to meet...several songs come to mind..."I can't drive 55" "Sharped-dressed Man" "Born to be WIld"

Oh, when is spring break????

SE
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: January 19, 2006 05:00
Morwinyoniel,

You said you got the complete soundtrack to FOTR. Tell me, is it as good as I would think it is? Is it worth purchasing? I feel the music played such a large part in the trilogy that I want to collect the full soundtracks as well, and you're the only person I know has it.

Should I go buy it???

Bereth
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 01:05
Hi bereth Good to see you here. So you lurk too, do you, my dear. *giggles* We all do that from time to time. :hug:

The Soundtracks from LOTR, are wonderful. There is no doubt, in my mind anyway, that you should buy them. You won't be able to stop listening.

I usually don't find soundtracks that interesting, apart from one or two things that stick in your mind from the films they accompany.

But the LotR soundtracks are music on their own and the thrill is picturing the scenes from the films that the music brings to mind.

Ooooh, I have gushed too much. Lol!! *hands over to Morwin*, as it was her that you had asked, bereth. :blush: Sorry, couldn't help myself. Lol!!

One last word, or perhaps two, bereth. *Yes, buy!!* :love:

Back to typing for money to pay the bills.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 02:21
Oh, when is spring break????

IMHO Not nearly soon enough!

Okay, showing ignorance. I have the soundtrack from all three movies; there's something more??? Lead me to it! I have my soundtracks at school during the week and my kids have the run of them to put them on and play during classtime. I have a range of music from classical to Celtic. I let them choose. I may brainwash them yet.

I'm going to Howard Shore's concert in Denver May 21st. I wonder if I could buy them there? Then it's off to go see Brandywine and Shireling. Too much fun! Too quck a trip to be sure, but fun nonetheless.

TGIF to you all!
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 03:36
More soundtracks? You mean there is something more besides the ones that were first pubished? Do tell! I have saved my favourite tracks on my computer at work and often play them. The music restores my soul when I feel worn down by the demands.

Actually, I would love it if Howard SHore recorded the LOTR symphony. I would love to hear how he wanted it to flow.

Rose - you can never gush too much about Howard Shore's music for these films! I worship the ground this man walks on and take no little pride in the fact that he is a Canadian.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 03:58
I do believe there is the ENTIRE soundtrack from all three with all the music in between the main pieces. Like the complete filming of the movies with all the mistakes and things they filmed but never put in the EE, I want it! Yesss, Preciouss... We wants it! It's oursss and we needss it! LOL... I'm sure it's pricey, but heck, I need to feed my addiction. Hehehehe...
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 06:32
Happy (belated?) Birthday, Magoleth! Hope your day was special.

It is heartwarming to hear the teacher stories. The FoF teachers truly are special and you do indeed touch and inspire those young minds. I admire and thank you all for your loving patience, dedication and love you show in your profession.

Would also love to get the soundtracks from LOTR. Where is the best place to find them - online or store?

Life is very busy here as hubby is going on another job assignment - this time to Pennsylvania. We are leaving early tomorrow morning and there is soooo much packing to do today. Should have borrowed the 'roundtoit and had a better start, lol. Guess I need to bring out the Tookish side but right now home is where my heart is.

Would love to chat also. Will be easier when hubby is on a job as I have more free time. If anyone wants my number, pm me. I can call anywhere in US on my cell and have lots of minutes I never seem to use up. As long as I'm not driving or sleeping would love to talk, lol! I'm currently driving a stick shift plus never hear the phone over my music, hehe.

Now...on to packing and working miracles getting it all done for hubby to load our truck in a few hours. Enjoy your day, my friends.

Love & hugs! :love::heart: :hug:

Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 07:37
Morwinyoniel,

You said you got the complete soundtrack to FOTR. Tell me, is it as good as I would think it is? Is it worth purchasing?

Bereth, at least I think that it was worth it. All the themes in their full length, plus music for the EE scenes that isn't on the basic soundtrack - and a very profound booklet introducing the different themes and the scenes in which they're used.

Mith, at least I have found the soundtracks in a store. I have the basic soundtracks for all of the movies, and now the complete one for the FOTR; for the other two parts, the complete soundtracks will probably be released this year and next year, as far as I know.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 09:08
I believe you're correct, Morwinyoniel, in that they will be released much as the EE film versions were, one each year. FOTR was released on Dec. 13th in the USA and can be purchased on Amazon.com for just under $50.00 (I know this because I looked up the info to give to my daughter as a hint for a Christmas present but as she thinks I'm a Ring Geek enough already, she ignored the hint...blah).

And Scots56, if you've never seen the Symphony before, be prepared to have your heartstrings pulled, and bring tissues. I saw it in Atlanta with Shore himself conducting, which was a treat all by itself. It is obvious how much he personally loves this music...his entire body conducted. *grins*

And yes, Rose, I do lurk on occasion, being one of the elders of CoE and certainly fall into the category of FoF....way over.

Okay, you've convinced me! I'll buy a late Christmas/Birthday present for myself. Thanks, ladies.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 05:07
Hope your birthday was splendid, Magoleth!! :hug:

Love that story, awelyn. I'm sure each teacher has a touching story to tell. The longer I'm on this earth the more I believe that relationships are what it's all about.

Spring break will be here before we know it, SE. Mine is in late March, immediately following my birthday. Don't have anything special planned this year. Two years ago I did something I'd wanted to do for ages...I rented a house (slept 13) on the beach. Had planned for friends and family to descend upon the lovely homestead, private pool, boardwalk, BBQ and beach....no one came! It turned cold! I was alone 4 out of 7 days there, as hubby had to drive in to work and spent the nights at home to be close. Last year Ivan destroyed the lovely house..it had round windows in the master bedroom that overlooked the Gulf and a private 3rd story balcony off the bedroom. Jacuzzi tub washed out into the lagoon.

Interesting recipe for ranger cologne, neenime.

If that man only know the half of it, swabby !!:heart:

Mae govannen, Bereth. Sounds like I have something besides a medieval gown on my birthday list. I love the soundtracks and want to hear every note written and played.

Did that roundtoit help, HT? I've got alot to things on my to do list and I want to do NONE of them.

MT
awelyn418
Send Message
on: January 20, 2006 06:08
Hello everybody,
I just finished talking on the phone to Mith. It was so great to hear her voice. We had a good time and talked for about 35 or 40 minutes. She was taking a break from packing. It was a mini -meeting
MTMS, I am glad you liked the story. How sad that house was destroyed. Spring break did you say. Mine is in April my birthday month.
Hello BE :wave: The soundtrack does sound lovely. I would love to attend a Howard Shore concert.

Have a good night.
Awelyn 418

12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email