<< First1112131415Last >>
Author Topic:
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part VI
on: May 09, 2006 05:32
Way to go, Swabby. I may not be as liberal but agree with what you said:

My dictionary defines "whine" as A painful cry or utterance.
Definitely a word that is applied loosely when someone does not want to listen to or hear what the other person is saying. However annoying a person can be, right or wrong, freedom of speech is a precious thing. I do not condone hurting anyone or anything but we all should have the right to air our views and stand up for what we believe in.

Perhaps if the passengers on the Titanic had whined about the shortage of lifeboats or the hazardous course they were on or the speed at which they were traveling, their destinies may have turned out differently.
What some consider complaining may indeed be of some benefit to others. "Even the Wise cannot see all ends." (Sorry if that quote is slightly off, as I didn't look it up to check, but the meaning is there.)

scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 05:41
No need to apologise, as I will not either. I do not equate whining with what happened in Nazi Germany nor the south by any shape or form.

With that said, I bid my farewells.

Peace be to all of you.
Scots
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 06:22
Well, swabby and scots don't be going too far. You're needed here. While I agree that politics is a very touchy subject, we seem to have tolerated, and even appreciated, each other's views fairly well here. That's probably just luck of the draw with such a diverse group of people.

What you said about word games, swabby , is so true. It's about the power to define a thing. In an abusive relationship, the abuser always defines what s/he wants as just and reasonable, while demeaning and down-playing and mislabeling the needs, opinions and actions of their victims. It protects the abuser from the hard work of hearing others, taking their rights into account and sweating over an equitable solution.

Now here's the bad news - we all do it to some degree. It's always easier to see the rightness of our position and to vilify the other. Of course, we make significant choices as to whether we write a rebuttal letter to the editor, or go marching across the field with white sheets a-flap and a flaming cross . Therein lies the power of human choice and morality.

Professor Tolkien showed us that dichotomy in the character of Gollum and somewhat in Frodo. Each of us, if pushed far enough, will show a dark side. But we are called (I believe) to nurture and live in the light.
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 08:08
Fellow FoF'ers, it certainly was not my intention to drive anyone off. I figured that if anyone took A hike today it would be me.
I regret delving into that dark subject and I don't exactly remember how or why I went there. I just remember thinking that others have done it recently, so it must be OK. I had fully intended to stay completely away from that subject today, but then I saw what had been written, and after much internal strife, decided that I had to answer it and let the chips fall. I am very sorry this has happened. Swabby
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 08:18
Swabby, of course that "Swabby for President" thing was just a joke - you're all too reasonable to get involved in politics.

And, as Neenime said, any discussion about politics in this club has been quite civilized, and never degenerated into a flame war and personal insults, like I've seen on some other sites.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 08:53
If it had, believe me I would have pulled out the MODS hat and put a stop to it. Now certain people need to calm down and not get ruffled feathers. We can talk in a civilized manner about what's wrong but as has been noted in the topped thread about controversial subjects, if it gets to hot it needs to stop. I believe we are mature enough to know when to back off and reread before we hit that "Post Reply" button. Let's not get tetchy. 'K? I like this place and the folks here, even if I agree to disagree with some of what they say.

No one needs to go away because we would miss you!

HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 08:55
Hi everyone

Swabby Please don't go away I for one would miss you dreadfully! Here is my tuppence worth on politics. Anyone who actually wants to be a politician should be automatically barred from the job! I wish politics wasn't all about party alliances and more about serving the people you represent but I can't see it happening very much.

To lighten the mood a little...

Q: What's the favourite wine at Christmas?
A I don't like Brussels Sprouts!

Thats all I have to say about whining.

Re Elrond mmm very tasty I think he would make a good teacher don't you? The "eyebrows of doom" would certainly make me be quiet and pay attention.

Now if I could have had a certain Ranger for a PE teacher I would have been super fit and I might even have liked cross-country running! It has only taken me 35 years to learn to exercise I hated PE at school.

Love and hugs to you all whatever your political religious or other persuasions.

HT:heart:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 09:26
I think we all have been civilized about many things here from love of Rangers versus Elves,chocolate junk or health food,teachers and other people who work for the public treated unfairly But once again we all are here because of our love of Tolkien. My pastor had a sermon about thinking on things that are pure and noble and good.
I thought on Tolkien's books. They meet the criteria and I think that is why I love them. I have been accused of sticking my head in the sand by friends
because I try to see the best in people and things. I have found laughing is such good medicine for body and soul. I try to laugh daily. Life is to short for strife and unhappiness and I think as Mother's day draws near at how much I miss my mom. If your mom is alive enjoy the day with her. Kiss her and hold her close and let her know you love her. Even if you did not have a great mom you at least have life because of her.

So,laugh and rejoice that you are alive today. I know life is not easy but we decide what to do with the time that is given us. Even with hate and suffering and injustice around me I want to be the light in the darkness I always appreciated Swabby 's little ditty at the end of his posts wants to wake up with a pulse.
Have peace and laughter today.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 09:45
Oh, awelyn we must be on the same wavelength today. We have a whiteboard where we post little inspirational messages in our waiting room. Today, I wrote Gandalf's words about ..."what to do with the time that is given to you." How cool is that?

Good comments, everyone about our little forays into rant-land. OK, we have it off our chests for a bit and now we can go on to other business for a while. Yes, Belle I certainly trust you to let us know if we stray from the "Marquis of Queensbury Rules" for posting.

My hubby belongs to a camera BBd where there is trouble around a poster who puts controversial or just stupid things on to generate attention to himself. Yet it is always with a bit of a nasty tone. I was telling hubby that we here seem to manage a very unifying inanity (is that a word?). You should see that sparks fly as their Mod tries to enforce the rules on this mean-spirited maverick. Sheesh! We have to good here, boys and girls.

We're just so sweet! :angel:
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 10:17
Heh... Just call me the "peace maker," Neenime.

That guy sounds like a troll of the worst sort. We have had folks try that here and if they keep it up they get banned. Why make everyone else miserable for one jerk?

As for the "unifying inanity," well, yeah, if we get too deep on some of the controversial topics all sorts of scary stuff can come bubbling out. Rather like the Dwarfs who mined too deep for mithril and ended up unearthing the Balrog (no offense to our dear Balrog).

Way back in the first days of CoE we didn't have all these strictures, but then we were MUCH smaller. Only through painful experiences did we end up with what we have today. We're doing our best to make this a friendly place and a haven, not something like out of the council scene with the Elves, Dwarfs, and Men shouting at each other about who should deal with the One Ring. Hehehehe...

I like that Gandalf quote, Neenime. It's sooo true.
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 02:07
OK Byzantine links;

http://www.stmichaelruscath.org/outbound/incommunion/

http://www.byzantines.net/

OK Im off the Podium....

Can I go back to being an elf now?....

Sigh, half elven half human and I don't fit in either world...

Mary you meet with your Supervisor the same time as I have dead week...
[I'll keep you in my prayers]...

I want to go back to the willows back to the Greenwood...

34 days and counting' til the end of term....
Then I'll let loose on the craft projects and post pics of my work :disco:

It is sunny today and I am sooo gone! [Insert spring fever here]
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 04:05
And I was going to agree with both Scots and Swabby and say that the Sarumans of the world respond to the jingling of coins so to get the attention of the Walmarts and Exxons, spend your money elsewhere if possible!

Feeding the orklings Keebler Elfwich cookies...mine seem to exist on Powerade, chicken fingers, and Doritos. I'm very sure my cat gets better nutrition from his dry kibble. Actually, if Frito-Lay found a way to brightly color cat food, dust it with nacho cheese powder, and advertise it with a snazzy skateboard commercial, I'm pretty sure the orklings would eat it (and leave the wrappers laying in the hallway.)

A bit of orkling poetry

Twenty more days of orkling pests
Twenty more days with their rancid breaths.
Gamely teaching to red eyed stares
Snarling like a mad she-bear!

Oh, how I want to sit outside
Reading some Tolkein and tanning my hide.
Summer is fleeting and fall will be back
Just three short months to clean up my act!

Have a great hump-day! (For our European kin, Wednesday is hump day in the U.S.---middle of the week and all...kind of like a camel's hump...slide right down the nether side to Friday.)

Sindy
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2006 08:04
Welcome, vicarcat, to the illustrious FOF! :wave:

Now where is OTB? I hope he is okay.
Old Tom is doing just fine. Thank you for your concern, Awelyn.

It's definitely warmed up here in Northern California. We were in the high 80s here today. No birdies singing outside my window, but I have heard one chirping quite loudly outside the gym in the mornings.

Yes, I've gotten myself back in the gym finally. I've had to drop the weights a bit so as to not overdue it, but it feels good to be sweating and getting the blood pumping again.

My sweet and loving spouse will finally join the 40 and over gang this week. She reaches her fourth decade this coming Thursday, May 11th. Happy birthday, sweetie! :love:

As most of you know each month Goldberry and I get together with a bunch of fellow Tolkien-enthusiasts. We call ourselves the Tolkien Friendship Society, or TFS for short. We usually meet at the home of one of the ladies who fancies herself the wife of the Prince of Dol Amroth. When we visit he always seems to be off fighting some war or some such. (She's divorced IRL.)

Anyway, this month--the merry, merry month of May--the TFS is visiting Rivendell, or at least as close as you can get to it in Sonoma County: Sonoma Horticultural Nursery. Be sure to check out the Garden Views.

Take care, all, and enjoy the rest of the week! Image
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2006 02:19
That's A good poem, Sindy. I hadn't thought about it, but I guess A teacher does get to sample A lot of morning breath. "Snarling like A mad she-bear", with A headache?

I know what it's like when you don't quite "fit in", Vicarcat---I'm part human.

Old Tom, I'll bet when you were 17 you never thought you'd whistle at A 40 year-old, huh? If I had one that young, I'd think I'd been visited by the babe fairy. I'll twist my neck to watch A 50 year-old walk by. Wooohoo!

Ok, I'm trying to act like nothing happened yesterday. The weather! I'll talk about the weather. Big thunderstorms are moving through. I woke up about 3:00 am with the wind howling and had to turn on the TV for A weather report to see if we were going to get blown away. The coffee-soaked weatherman said there were reports of golfball-sized hail in the area and some rotation also, but all we got was A lot of rain. It's supposed to be stormy all day today. Havahappyhumpday! Swabby
awelyn418
Send Message
on: May 10, 2006 02:53
Sindy I liked the poem. I can't wait for the summer vacation to start either. You have a great hump day too.

Swabby ,the storms started here at 1:00 in the morning thunder and lightening and rain sheets of rain. We are under a flash flood warning now. I thought I was going to have to give my dog CPR she was so scared.

OTB I am glad you are feeling good and working out. Tell goldberry I said Happy Birthday and have a good time with your friends.

Vicarcat, i did visit some of the links you gave and found them very interesting.

Belle I want you to know I appreciate your work at FOF and I know it is not always easy. So, thank you for all your hard work.

Hi HT,Rose,Brandywine and Morwin and Balrog.
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2006 05:18
Suilad mellon nin! I am happy the move is over, got internet back up and here I am!
Awelyn, my doggy is scared to death of thunder as well, and fireworks. He is such a nervous thing. My sisters dog is so bad about thunder he has to have valium before a storm.
Its been such a beautiful day here today. I sat out in the back garden for an hour just loving the sunshine.
Vicarcat, I feel the same not belonging. I too, am half elven.
A nice little shop called Rohan, huh? I will have to find it.
It would really be nice if we could all work together in a little place of our own..
Swabby could do the cooking, and draw the murals on the walls. And all the rest of us could pitch in with the music, decorating, and some baking. Anyone with Sam fingers to plant a nice garden? Oh, and a nice pint at the bar. We could have reading nights and stories of old. Good fellowship, good food, good drink. I'm sure we would have our share of fine rangers and elves in for visits.
I dont get into politics myself, as I dont follow or understand it much. Its better that way, at least for me.
Swabby, I am another one that grew up rather poor. My parents split up when I was seven, back in the days of no child support enforcement. My mum had to support us three girls and there were many times we had our electric cut off and we ate cold beans for dinner. She made our clothes and we always felt we stood out from the other children.
OTB, I hope you are planning a special day for your sweet spouse. The big 40. I seem to remember that one (about 11 years ago)
Hello to everyone else!!
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2006 05:58
Hi Old Tom glad to have you back. Blessings and Gandalf's butterfly fireworks to your sweetheart for her birthday!

HI Sindy and Callë welcome back. Great poem Sindy. Very evocative (phew).

Thanks for links from Scots and vicarcat . I will enjoy checking these out.

*** sending good, protective vibes to all of you in the stormy belt.***

We just got some good news. Realized we had a little nest egg in the bank. So we have a good start for the trip to Europe we are planning for summer of 2006. It will be in honour of our upcoming anniversary - #25 on May 16th. Lordy, that threatens to make me feel old.
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2006 01:28
Hmmm... now if we were to all meet at a house with garden space where
would it be?

Can we put Greyhavens on the Oregon Coast? silverleaf would love that!

I do have a green thumb can't say it's as good as Sams but I do have a
garden plot...

I like the orkling poem are there any more?

I'm forced to do the urban elf thingy while at university [sigh] would rather
do tthe forest elf thingy...

Happy birthday to Goldberry [hope I got the name right].:love:

swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2006 01:32
Don't leave me out of that music-making, Calle. I don't own twenty guitars for nothing. Also, I believe old Tom is A singer extraordinaire, so we'd want to include him. I'll add A little harmonizing, but ticklin' those strings better suits me.

I watched "The New World" on dvd yesterday. It's the story of Captain Smith and Pocahontas. I think it's the only movie I've ever pulled the plug on half way through, but came back and finished the next day and then decided I actually liked it. It is beautifully filmed and has what I believe are real Indians in it. The problem I had with it is that it's "artsy". Over half the dialog is in the form of what people are thinking, rather than what they're saying. Collin Farrell, who plays John Smith, seems to just stand there and make expressions that sometimes don't seem to have A purpose. You'd just have to watch it to see what I mean. If you can get used to the odd way the story is being told, you might just enjoy it. It is quite A love story, after all. As I said, it is visually stunning and has A strange beauty about it.

It is A wonderful experience, finding something of value that you didn't know you had, isn't it, Neenime? Sort of like the dream I once had that I discovered all the old cars I'd owned as A teenager. There they were, all stored in A barn, just waiting for me to restore them to their former elegance, and I'd forgotten that I still had them. I was A very happy camper until I woke up. I think the source of your happiness is probably much more tangible that that, though. Swabby

[Edited on 11/5/2006 by swabby]
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2006 04:39
I think we all have been civilized about many things here from love of Rangers versus Elves,chocolate junk or health food,teachers and other people who work for the public treated unfairly But once again we all are here because of our love of Tolkien. My pastor had a sermon about thinking on things that are pure and noble and good.
I thought on Tolkien's books. They meet the criteria and I think that is why I love them. I have been accused of sticking my head in the sand by friends
because I try to see the best in people and things. I have found laughing is such good medicine for body and soul. I try to laugh daily. Life is to short for strife and unhappiness and I think as Mother's day draws near at how much I miss my mom. If your mom is alive enjoy the day with her. Kiss her and hold her close and let her know you love her. Even if you did not have a great mom you at least have life because of her.

So,laugh and rejoice that you are alive today. I know life is not easy but we decide what to do with the time that is given us. Even with hate and suffering and injustice around me I want to be the light in the darkness I always appreciated Swabby 's little ditty at the end of his posts wants to wake up with a pulse.
Have peace and laughter today.

I echo your sentiments, awekyn . I believe it's my duty and joy to encourage, nurture and give love, as I have been a thankful recipient of undeserved love and grace. I hope to pass that along to others.
Have been fericiously busy at school, home and church. Just sneaked in for a short post before I go insane from the orclings and their maurading ways.
Almost didn't return from the ren fest. It just so happened to be "Kilt wekend" and I was blessed to see lots of men in kilts and hear bagpipes at most every turn. Got especially lucky enough to encounter several handsome men that didn't mind having their pic taken with me. Must post it so that you can see how "lucky" I was, at least for a few moments.
Right now, I'd love to be back in medieval setting, away from the stress of end of the year stuff and kids gone wild. We're trying to keep the circus under the tent, but it's difficult and draiing.
Must hde, as the orclings will return soon.

MT
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2006 06:28
Three cheers for kilt weekend. What a wonderful diversion from the stresses of everyday life, MT. Sounds like the orclings are a bit wild with spring fever and waiting for their summer release. May visions of kilts and rangers and all that is good keep you sane until that time arrives.

We watched "The New World" Tuesday night. It did seem a bit slow and I agree with Swabby about Colin Farrell's part. A good story but overall I was disappointed with the movie and especially some of the casting...mainly the parts of John Smith and Pocahontas.

Happy 40th Birthday wishes to Goldberry! Those are indeed beautiful garden views on the link you provided, OTB.

Good poem, Sindy. Good thoughts, especially about reading Tokien and tanning, an excellent combo there. Waves :wave: to my neighbor in Ohio.

:love::heart: :hug:
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: May 11, 2006 07:40
Welcome back, callë!

Sindy, we call Wednesday "little Saturday" here.

Vicarcat, thanks for posting the links - I'll have to take a loser look at them on a better time.

Old Tom, the garden looks really beautiful. :love: And, Happy Birthday wishes to Goldberry! :cheers:

:hug: to all of you!
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2006 03:39
OTB, please give Goldberry heartfelt wishes for a magnificent birthday!! You may pass on the secret that the fun begins at 40!!!
Now doesn't it ladies and gents????

Got a very sweet e-mail from my son in the Netherlands. He sounded a little homesick. He said that when he thinks of his family stateside, he wishes he hadn't signed up for overseas duty. He also asked me to tell all that I come in contact with that he misses them.:heart: If you knew my youngest son personally, you'd know that he's saying alot more about his feelings than he ever has before. My heart was touched and I am so glad to know of his thoughts.

No renaissance festival this weekend, but I'm making the Mother's day run to the cemetary to take the flowers to mom and grandmothers. Have alot of church activities and may squeeze in some time to "play" in my new medieval clothes. Always did like to dress up. In the "olden days" I'd strap on a cowboy holster with six-shooter resting inside and ride around the yard on my broomstick horse. I'd also drape seaweed on my head as I was swimming and act as a mermaid. Also was known to climb trees and swing down on wisteria vines, yelling the Tarzan yell as I plummeted toward the ground.
Hmm, maybe I can dress like Frodo tomorrow at school, put on the ring and DISAPPEAR!!!

Take care from the storms awelyn, swabby and any others who were shaken out of their dreams the other night.... or will tonight.

MT
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2006 03:43
Kilt weekend... sounds nice. Would love to see the pics.
Sixth week of an eleven week term here so I've still got classes til June 12th or so.
I think I've seen at least four people in the last two days who could pass for half-elven here at PSU...
[either I'm really gone, or I need to pay more attention to the other students
on campus {I'm not sure which :dizzy: }].

I hope all goes well for everyone... :cheers:
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2006 03:49
For the fans of silly, end-of-school poetry who wanted another verse:

Fifteen more days of orkling screams
The seventh level of Hell is what this seems!
Cramming Shakespeare into their heads,
Wishing I could stay in my bed.

Where is my ranger to rescue me?
Lorien and Imladris is where I'd be.
Spring thunderstorms crash all around
While I dream of waterfalls trickling down.

Sindy
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: May 11, 2006 06:06
MTMS,I had a Annie Oakley outfit with holster and guns that I wore
when I was 5.
Sindy, I love that poem. All teachers and students hang in there and sing v-a-c-a-t-i-o-n in the summer time. Does anyone remember that song?
Hey Calle and Morwin.
Vicarcat hang in there.
Hi Mith I love Kilts too and I like bagpipes MTMS.
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 11, 2006 10:21
Morning all!
Neenime, a nest egg... somthing we all dream of, especially the surprise ones. What a lovely thing for an anniversary.. a trip to Europe. Hope you have some time to pop into lovely little Tol Erresea (the lonely isle, England). Dreamy shire land and friendly elven forests everywhere.
Swabby..we wont leave you out of the music. Like the beautiful music of the Ainur, it will be all of us together.
MT, oooh kilts. Must admit it conjurs up pleasant thoughts in my head. Looking forward to the pics. I remember playing Tarzan And playing cowboys, my gun was an old stick tucked in the side of my jeans.
Vicarcat, I see elves when I look at certain people as well. Yesterday, my husband spotted a little boat beside a house shaped like a swan..and I immediately said, AAAhh, an elven boat! my daughter laughed and said everything is elvish to me. Tis true though, I wont deny it.
Sindy, I love your poems. Its the teacher in you that brings out the quick poetic wit.
OTB, Beatiful gardens. I shuld have to post a pic of my elven wood close by my house.
Any of my UK fellowship going to Tolkien weekend this weekend in Birmingham? I am trying to get there at least one of the days. Havent decided yet for Sat. or Sun. The weather here has been fantastic this week, but rain is supposed to come in so I will look at the weather report for the driest day. I hope to see you there!
later my friends....
awelyn418
Send Message
on: May 12, 2006 02:31
OTB, I felt like I was in Lorien when I was looking at the garden pictures. They are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

MTMS, I am sorry that your son is homesick. That is really hard for mom. What can you do to ease it. Be creative and send a to help your homesickness package.

Neenime what a wonderful surprise and how wonderful a trip to Europe.

Calle remember everything and share with us. Have a good time. I would like to see your Elven wood.
Have a good Friday.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2006 02:52
Ahhhh, men in kilts. What a lovely image.

Mothers' Day - yes, I'll have to go and pay my respects at my grandmother's grave. But the weather is so rotten - freezing cold rain, high winds, power outages - too early to plant anything there. Yuck.

Nest-egg may be diminished yet. Got bad news that the Tax Office has decided to count a tuition scholarship that employees or their dependents get as taxable income. OK, I don't like it but I could live with that. What steams my buns is that they've decided to make it retroactive 2 years AND (here's the kicker) WE will have to pay a tax penalty, as if our payment were late. Grrrr!
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2006 06:18
Wanted to be a cowgirl in my early years. Maybe was the westerns but loved playing with toy "cowboy" guns and desperately wanted a horse. MT, loved climbing trees also and still do. Might be a good spot to watch for unsuspecting rangers passing by.....

Callë, the elven woods sounds lovely. Look forward to seeing a picture. Have fun this weekend at Birmingham.

Neenime, can sympathize with the tax thing. We are all taxed to death these days. Just try and dwell on the trip to Europe, it sounds wonderful.

Hello and hugs to everyone. Have a great weekend!
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2006 10:02
Neenime, 'hope your trip is fine and that the taxmen take less then you expect.

Calle, I'm drooling at the thought of pics of your elven woods.

I've a meeting in an hour so I'll see you all later!:love:
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2006 02:59
Hoping for good things to come from your meeting vicarcat. Hang in there! Hopefully the end is in sight.

A tree would be a good place to spot rangers who may be passing by, Mith. The only problem is that I may fall out from excitement if THE ranger comes near.... Kinda like Keith Richards falling out of that tree-not a pretty sight when you reach the ground.

What's that about death and taxes,neenime?? The two do seem to go together somehow. Paying taxes, especially penalty taxes, would make me want to kill someone,

Love the idea of the UK being Tol Eressea, calle. The Music of the Ainur is my most favorite part of the Silmarillion. I'm sure that we could conjure up a song or two of comperable worth.

You may have been Annie Oakley, Awelyn, but I was Roy Rogers. Didn't want to be Dale Evans, as she didn't do much. Give me Trigger and Tonto and I'd be off to right the wrongs out west, or at least in my small neighborhood.

Love you poem, Sindy. Yes, it does fell like the seventh level of Hell at times, but with an end in sight, I think I can make it. Gave a speech to my students about how to best end our last days together. If they did their part by continuing to follow the rules, I'd do my part by including all the fun I could. I told them that as they grow, they'll look back at kindergarten with fond memories, especially if they behaved well. Hopefully I won't have to repeat this sermon again with only 8 more days left!!!! :disco: :cheers:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2006 04:22
:disco: School's out, craziness is abating somewhat. *whew*

[Edited on 13/5/2006 by scots56]
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2006 08:40
Sigh... just found out the veriety of Quenya I've spoken for the last two decades isn't correct...
How do I explain to the family that we don't know how to talk right?

Back to studying now I have to memorize a whole new set of rules...

And that doesn't count what I do towards my BA in Arts and Letters...

30 days til summer break. then one more term to finish my BA.

[Edited on 15/5/2006 by vicarcat]
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2006 09:14
Hi everyone.

Just to let you know that I'm alive and kicking. Not much happening here.

Belle: no problem about the reference to balrogs. I do tend to blow my top once in a while.

Nice poems gals. It's nice to see that you people can come up with some nice pieces

OTM: Wish your gal pal, Golberry, a Happy Birthday. Life does begin at 40. But the mind sometimes goes downhill.

Weather here sucks big time. We've had rain and clouds here for 3 days. Wish the sun would come out.

Work has begun to calm down a bit.

Scots56: Nice to hear you're finally out. Hope the rest of the time goes slow.

Well, I'm getting :yawn: :sleepy: so I think I'll go to bed and dream about Middle Earth. Maybe dream of a certain hobbit. :naughty:

Namárië
<< First1112131415Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email