Author Topic:
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part VI
on: May 14, 2006 02:19
Happy Mothers Day to everyone!:love:

Talked to Mom she is doing better.
Dad has his drivers license back so Mom doesn't have to drive him all over town.
They went out to lunch earlier so Mom didn't have to cook...

Lots of sunshine here today yeah!

MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2006 04:00
Hope all you mothers and grandmothers (aunts, godmothers and significant women in children's lives also included) had a great Mother's day. :love: :heart: :hug: Tolkien's mother had a profound affect on him and his works. Many thanks to you, Mrs. Tolkien!!

Heard from my sons today. They are such wonderful guys. I am blessed to have them in my life. :love: Went to a closing service of a weekend retreat and returned spiritually filled...actually overflowing with love and joy!!

Hang in there, fellow teachers that have days left on the calendar to mark off. Time is on your side!!!
Hurray for you, lucky scots!! May time stand still for you.

Good to hear from you, balrog.

Now where has that swabby sailed off to? Doesn't he know that hurricane season is just weeks away????

Bet OTB and Goldberry are off somewhere having some middle earth fun! (Oh, that almost sounds risque)

Must go to bed early, as I'll be up a 3:30 am to take hubby to work. His vehicle is in the shop. Wish our trusted mechanic had a loaner car!! Hopefully "Old Blue" will be back on the road before too long.

Night all!! Have a great begining to the week!!

MT
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: May 14, 2006 05:54
Happy Mother's Day fellow mothers.

I have 4 days left and 3 of those are screening days and then I am off for the summer. The doctor said my husband has to have surgery on both knees June 2nd. Man, I am really going to be busy this summer.

Scots you are so lucky what do you have planned your first week off?

We had such a touching service this morning I cried. We had a special tribute to all kinds of mothers. Mothers who adopted and mothers who have lost their mothers and mothers who have lost children and mothers who chose differently. Mothers who had abortions and mothers who gave their babies willing to others.for each mother a rose was put in a crystal vase by someone in that category of mother. My sister put a rose in for adopted moms as she is one. It was different.

MTMS,retreats are great.I would be so grouchy if I had to get up that early.

Problems have arose around the wedding or should I say marriage.
I hope there is still a wedding or maybe I hope there is not a wedding. Time will tell. My pastor is going to have counseling with them. So keep me in your thoughts.

Vicar cat I am glad you had sunshine the high today was 60.degrees. That is chilly for May too.

Hi Balrog and others . Happy work week to you all.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2006 01:37
Problems have arose around the wedding or should I say marriage.
I hope there is still a wedding or maybe I hope there is not a wedding. Time will tell. My pastor is going to have counseling with them. So keep me in your thoughts.

et: :hug: :hug: Long distance hugs sent your way, Awelyn. I am sorry to here that there has been a bump in the road. I am hoping that is all it is--a bump. I do believe that it's not all that uncommon for some couples go through that before they get married. I know that the spousal unit and I did for a bit. Nerves it seems, got the better of us for a bit. But as we are on year #27, I guess that things worked out for the best. I am sending good thoughts your daughter's way for that to be the same.

This week will be spent on rounding out paper work and getting orders ready for next year. Today the U.S. Supreme Court is to make a determination on whether or not to give a stay to the small schools here on the PoG until after the vote in November. Life always is interesting I guess. My nerves are frazzled enough and that has played havoc with my temperment. Time to get back on an even keel. LOL That might be a trick.

I am looking forward to Friday and the start of vacation. Howard Shore's concert is going to be amazing I am sure. I am SO looking forward to that. Then it's off to visit Brandwine and Shireling. I'm looking forward to that even more! Yay. My batteries will then be recharged and able to cope with the changes that are coming down the pike in my direction.

Have a lovely week.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2006 01:43
*dashes in* :wave:'s madly.

Way too many posts to comment on....so just the recent ones.

Our Mother's Day was in March, in the UK. Hope everyone had a lovely day and treated your mums, and were treated in turn, by your children. :love:

Vicarcat: Glad you mum is doing better.

MT: Isn't it lovely when your kids call.

Scots: Enjoy your break. You deserve it. :love: Enjoy the concert....lucky you!! and Brandywine and Shireling to boot!!! Oh my. I wanna come !! :cry: :hug: Can't you fit me in your trunk...canya, canya.... lol!!

Awelyn: Sorry to hear there is a hiccup with the marriage/wedding plans. Hope it all clears up....if that's your desire, of coure. And no need to ask for my thoughts....they are on their way, my friend.

I could do with some thoughts myself, to be honest. Bad time at the moment, emotionally....if you don't mind my sharing. Anyway, just a few kind thoughts would help.

Not much else to say at the moment, other than take extra special care of yourselves and I'll be back. :hug:

Byeeee

Rosie xxxx

BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: May 15, 2006 05:12
Aww... so sorry to hear about the prenup probs, awelyn. Hopefully, they'll get ironed out.

Rose, love, I feel for you. This was actually not a great weekend for me. A friend took us out to get massages at somewhere different than we're used to and the only kind this place gives is deep tissue. I feel like I've been beaten (rather like Frodo must have felt in the hands of the Orcs after Shelob got him). Made yesterday go by in a fog. Think I slept most of it away. Here's sending good vibes your way.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2006 06:40
et: :hug: These are for you, Rose! As always, I'm sending my best out to you.

Major paperwork done today so far. Now it's just trying to find my desk and doing orders for next year. That and trying to think of what to say to sound intelligent at my "interview" with the superintendent of schools tomorrow. :dizzy:
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2006 07:24
Awelyn, hope things work out for what is best, wedding-wise. It must be a stressful time for you. May you be blessed with peace and joy.

Rose, sounds like you're going through a tough time. That tends to make us stronger, although the thought doesn't always help while in the midst of it all. There is always hope, right?

Hope everyone had a happy Mother's Day. I got a card from my daughter and talked with her, my mom and mother-in-law. Was feeling a bit out of sorts until I overheard some news on TV about a lady whose hubby shot her and the children before himself. Made my problems seem like nothing in comparison. Such a tragic and terribly sad incident.

MT, a retreat sounds wonderful. I love the way you put it...overflowing. :love: Toss a bit in the waves and spread that euphoria.

It is rainy here again. Some sunshine would be a better motivator! Have a wonderful day, everyone! :heart: :hug: :heart:

HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2006 08:22
Hi everyone

Awelyn - sorry to hear that there are problems round the wedding. There is a lot of pressure so perhaps things will get better. Hope for all the best for you anyway.

Rose - I know what it is like to feel depressed I bet you could just crawl under the covers and hope the world goes away. Do talk things through with someone you trust. Getting better can take a while and its sometimes not until you are out the other end that you realise how bad you felt. Hang on in there we are all here for you.

Love and hugs - I know this group gives us some great non judgmental friends any time we want to talk.

HT:heart:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: May 15, 2006 02:08
Aw you guys, the situation with the wedding has not changed but all of you made me feel so much better.

Rose here is good thoughts for you and a ear for listening if you need to talk.

Have a great time Scots give Brandywine my love. I don't know the other person.

Mith it was sunshiny and cool today. It is suppose to warm up middle of the week.I will be glad.

I did screening all day and I am exhausted. So, I am going to retire early like now
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2006 04:21
Know you are counting those final days down, awelyn. I hope they're not too draining.
As far as the wedding/marriage plans go, I pray God's will for your daughter. Some problems only worsen after marriage. So much better to deal with before taking those very important wedding vows. My eldest son was engaged several years ago, but things didn't work out. Although he was heart-broken for a while,I think it worked out for the best. Stay close to God and he will direct and comfort you through this crisis.

Know what you mean about end of the year craziness making us teachers a little frazzled and rough around the edges, scots. I hope that I make it through this week with graduation, rank cards, professional development forms, end of the year checklist due or coming up this week. Good luck with the interview, but I think you'll do fine.

Love and hugs sent to you Rose. Feel free to PM me anytime you feel like talking. Sometimes venting helps lighten the load. Know that you are special to many folk who care deeply for you. I am praying for you.

Love your positive take on life, Mith. You are right in noting that we all have something to be thankful for, even if it's for not having it as bad as someone else does. I. for one, I am lucky to have such marvelous friends of like mind here at FoF.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2006 07:48
Hi everyone.

Well my weekend went down the tubes. Everything that could go wrong in the deli went wrong. Our store manager tells us one thing and the Dept. Manager tells us another. Who do you believe? Makes me want to take this computer and :killcomp: it at him, our store manager. We need to get some communication from our Deli Distribution Manager in the city to tell him where to go. He has done this before and it blew up in his face. Wish he would learn! I need to do this to him: :banghead:

Trying to plan a birthday party for roommate and her cousin for the weekend. My roommate knows it's for her cousin but not herself. Same goes for the cousin. I almost spilt the beans a few days ago. I could have done this :banghead: but I didn't.

Computer went on the fritz again tonight. It sure is nice to know that I can fix it and not send it out to be fixed. Saves me money.

awelyn: Don't worry about the wedding. Everything will work out one way or the other. This is the worst time for stress.

Well, I should go searching for a monster. Creating a character for the RPG that I belong to. Should be easy on the eyes unless I get :dizzy: .

Namárië
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2006 09:19
Oh sounds like everyone could use a hug especially Awelyn, Rose, and Balrog, :hug: PM me if I can be of help!

It was really hot here today it cooled down to 93F by 6pm...
Don't know how I did on my German test this morning but I did well
shopping after 6pm.
I found cotton peasant blouses at the Gap for $3.99 each and some
sleeveless tops for $14.99 each so with what is already in my closet.
I now have four summer dresses for fairs and LoTR gatherings...
[I'm thinking ranger variation on shieldmaiden dresses].

Now I've to get a new bow and arrows again...
I will have to do without the horse as I am in a studio apartment and Minky
the cat won't share her ledge with anyone :nono: not even a horse.
Lol at image of horse trying to oust cat from window ledge....

It is suppose to be between 60* and 65* tomorrow so I'll put cammy pants with the tangerine peasant top and the raspberry sleeveless top...
And if it looks like rain I'll just put on my cammy jacket shirt and my crusher
hat and walk up to class singing about seagulls calling...:blush:

Its the heat got me goofy again... [can you tell?].

callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2006 05:15
Hiya. Just popping in for a quick moment. I had a lovely time at Tolkien weekend. Just to walk around Sarehole mill, and the woods where Tolkien played. It was amazing. the Tolkien society was there, and the group trying to bring back Perrott's folly, and the model for the new treebeard to be erected in Birmingham. There were fun activity booths, and craft stalls and Shire productions did some fantastic scenes from the Hobbit. Lots of costume. I felt right at home with my elven cloak. I could have just stayed there forever.
Awelyn, so sad to hear about pre wedding problems! But remind your daughter that at this most stressful time, that this is quite common...And better to sort it all out now.
Rosie, of course you can share with us when things arent going good. Believe me, I could bore you all with many stressful problems. You arent alone and we will all gladly listen and be here to hopefully cheer you up.
I'll post more later when I have some time. Hiya, everyone else!!
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: May 16, 2006 06:42
Hope all the mothers in FoF had a good Mother's Day. We didn't celebrate in any special way, but I got a card that my younger daughter had made, and in the evening, we went to see an amateur play in which my older one performed.

Awelyn, sorry to hear about bumps in your daughter's wedding plans. I'm sure that it will all work out well, though.

Rose, wishes for everything good are coming your way. :hug:

Callë, sounds that you had a fabulous weekend!

:wave: to everybody else!
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2006 06:45
Hi everyone. Special hugs and good vibes to Rose, Balrog and Awelyn. May God hold you in the palm of His/Her hand at this time.

I am lucky enough to have extra happiness to share today. My sweet husband and I are celebrating 25 years of wedded bliss. :disco: :disco: :disco: He is such as blessing and a treasure. My precioussssss (oops!)

So, here you go - take some of my good fortune and put it on your own cups :hug: :heart: :hug: :heart: . May it give you strength to see you through this trial.
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: May 16, 2006 07:00
Happy Anniversary, Neenime! :cheers:
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2006 11:51
Thank you so much for all your warm thoughts. :hug: I felt sunshine through the rain.

Calle: Your weekend sounded lovely.

Balrog: Chin up, my friend. Life can be such a beach at times.

Vicarcat: You seem to be having everyone's share of good weather. We have had rain and more rain here.

Happy anniversary, Neenime. :cheers:

:hug:s to everyone and take care. :love:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: May 16, 2006 02:16
Happy Anniversary Neenime and many more.

Rose I am glad you are better.

Balrog work and the things involved with work can be such a pain.

Calle I can't wait to hear more. I know one way or the other it will work out.

Vicarcat,you have just fit in so well here.

Hi Morwin and all the others and hi HT.

This is going to be short and sweet I am so tired again. Last night I fell asleep in my clothes and when I woke up it was 11:30 at night.
I got up took my dogs out and washed my face ,brushed my teeth and I went back to sleep until 6:00 this morning. I was so exhausted. Tomorrow is the last screening day. Yippee!

Have a good night/day.:heart:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2006 04:07
It seems from the posts that all of us from one extent or another is going through changes. I guess that is just an inevitability...change. Have any of you read the book Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson? My oldest sister is in town, and after my meeting with the superintendent recommended this book. It is awesome. These are the basic lessons taught in the book:

The Handwriting on the Wall

Change Happens: They keep moving the Cheese

Anticipate Change: Get Ready for the Cheese to Move

Monitor Change: Smell the Cheese Often so You Know When it is Getting Old

Adapt to Change Quickly: The Quicker You Let Go of Old Cheese, the Sooner You Can Enjoy New Cheese

Change: Move With the Cheese

Enjoy Change: Savor the Adventure and Enjoy the Taste of New Cheese!

Be Ready to Change Quickly and Enjoy It Again & Again
: They Keep Moving the Cheese

My meeting with the superintendent went very well. His first comment to me was, "Why haven't you come to our district before? We've been waiting for years for you to apply." Now, I have to admit that made my jaw drop. That was the last thing that I expected him to say. We used to live in this town, and my son went through most of elementary school and graduated from here. Then we moved to the capitol city of the PoG. I had never applied at this district believing that my number of graduate hours and years of experience would price me out of the market. I guess that somewhere along the line I must have impressed the proper people.

The superintendent said that the plan is for me to either be the middle school language arts teacher or for one year to stay at my school and then move me into the district proper. He said my experience with writing assessments and portfolios showed that I would be an extremely valuable asset to the district. All the angst that I felt during the development of those d*m*ed assessment workshops and portfolio writing sessions may just pay off. It seems as though my Cheese is moving. Moving and in a positive direction that I didn't expect. I'm feeling pretty good right about now.

Blessings to you all, and I hope you have as many good feelings as I am having now. Follow that Cheese!

[Edited on 17/5/2006 by scots56]
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2006 07:29
I think my cheese is going to the art gallery and to the fairs this summer...

It was hot again today over 75*F but has cooled of nicely...

I've walked 51 miles in the last two and a half weeks for the Eowyn Challenge,
figure it's a good way to tone up even on hot days...

Congrats to Neenime 25 years wow! :heart: I hope Silverleaf and I last that long.

OK, how do I send sunshine to people?
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2006 02:27
A couple of local news items I find funny/and/or interesting. The elderly mayor of A small nearby town has been busted for giving A certain female citizen A "break" on her water bill, and it has apparently been going on for some time. Instead of paying for her monthly water-usage with greenbacks, she's been offering some other form of compensation that involves lying on HER back.
Then there was the random sobriety checkpoint that just happened to be set up right in front of the entrance to the new Magazine Mountain State Park on the very day that the brand new multi-million-dollar lodge was meant to be showcased, and of course all the big-wigs and TV crews were there. One could then conclude that the checkpoint truly was random, but one could also conclude that the state's left hand had no idea what it's right hand was doing.

I am competing in the "Gimli challenge", Vicarcat. Each year I grow shorter, wider and hairier. Soon you will not be able to tell Gimli and I apart.

I already told Awelyn about the time one of my niece's got stood up at the alter. Her parents had gone whole-hog with the big, elaborate wedding thing, and since everything was already paid for, we went ahead with the festivities. About 200 people with long faces tried to be merry and enjoy the band, food and drink. I guess you could say we had A "non-wedding" party. Weird, it was.
A similar thing happened aboard ship once when A fellow lost his birthday when we crossed the international dateline at precisely midnight, and so skipped entirely the day on which he was born. The cooks down in the galley made him A "non-birthday" cake that had the frosting on the inside.
And that's the latest from the poopdeck. Swabby
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2006 02:41
Thanks for the good wishes, everyone. We had a lovely evening. Went out to dinner at one of our best restaurants and this time invited our sons along. It was great to actually sit and have a visit with them, instead of trying to catch them in between work, school, work-outs, socializing, computer games, my meetings.........

The meal was awesome -favourite appetizer was crabcakes in a Vidalia Onion sauce - to die for! And hubby finished the evening with a glass of 15 year old Macallan - smooth as silk! And I only had minor heartburn after all that! Yay!

Rose -I'm glad that you're feeling better.

Scots isn't it something to get such compliments? Well, it can be a challenge. since we tend to have a poor opinion of ourselves. Enjoy and savour your top-quality cheese!

Wow, vicarcat you're a serious walker! I know I don't rack up that much. Good for you. That reminds me that I haven't updated my milestones for a week or so.

Well, it's a lovely spring day here. After almost weeks of rain and cold, we suddenly have warm , sunny days. The scent of newly-opened leaves is filling the air and I have the gardening bug!

So, it's off to heal the troubled now and perhaps a bit of garden time when I get back from dance rehearsal tomight.

Have a blessed day, everyone!:heart:
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: May 17, 2006 02:50
How funny, swabby! Hmm... non-birthday? Sounds suspiciously like March Hare and Mad Hatter's "Happy Un-birthday!" LOL

Yeah... What a bummer to have all those preparations finished and then fall apart. Better to find out troubles before the actual wedding.

Odd weather here in usually sunny San Diego. Here it almost the end of May and it's still overcast and relatively cool (rarely gets above 70 inland and stays in the 60's at the coast).

Maybe our late spring weather went north to Neenime! Heh...

scots, that's awesome. I'm so glad you're appreciated.

All my best to my FoF friends.
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2006 03:40
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY NEENIME!!! Thats wonderful. The crab cakes sound lovely....ummmm!
Morwin, sounds like the best kind of mothers day. Personally made cards and watching your children put on a performance for you. Those are the special ones.
Awelyn, gosh, get some rest girl. dont overdo it and exhaust yourself.
Swabby, do you want us to get you a box?? ha,ha.
Vicarcat, 51 miles...wow, thats fantastic!
Scots, congratulations! its such a nice feeling to have your hard work recognised. Its not easy to be cheesy! I love cheese and perhaps my changing of different cheeses to sample has been playing with my life changing directions so much...hmm.
Rose...'may it be an evening star shines down upon you' and may it continue to light your way through dark times.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2006 04:41
Awww, but Swabby, Gimli is the bestest dwarf ever! You could have no other greater role model!
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: May 17, 2006 07:05
Swabby:
I am competing in the "Gimli challenge", Vicarcat. Each year I grow shorter, wider and hairier. Soon you will not be able to tell Gimli and I apart.

Scots, that's great news! Sometimes, life offers us pleasant surprises. And, those "cheese" things are quite to the point.

Seems that you had a nice anniversary, Neenime!

Good thoughts and healing vibes to everybody who needs some!
awelyn418
Send Message
on: May 17, 2006 08:21
Scots ,what an interesting take on change. I really enjoyed that and you go girl the best of the best.

Swabby, I do not think you look like a dwarf. I think you look like a rider of Rohan. I guess the oldest profession in the world will continue until mankind is no more.

Vicarcat. I also am in that challenge but I never actually got my milestones but I will get into it hot and heavy this summer. It is nice to know others are with you.

Neenime, it sounds like you had a wonderful anniversary and a visit with your sons.

Good thoughts right back at you Morwin

Calle, your Gimli quip had me laughing out loud. My dog looked at me strange.I am taking it easy now.Tomorrow is my last day :disco: :disco: .
Belle that is strange weather for your area. I hope it warms up for you.

Tonight is my nephew's high school graduation. We are having a Bar-B-Q and then all going to the ceremony. Have a great day.
I miss you Rose and you are in my thoughts and my heart.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2006 04:01
I've tried to read and keep up with all the post, but my muddled mind only registers dwarves, cheese and anniversary. Interesting combination.

Happy anniversary neenime !!! Good marriages are hard to come by and harder to keep from "going bad." Congratulations!

At this point, I don't know where my cheese is. It must have moved. Perhaps I can find a ranger who can help me track it down.

If I survive these last few days of school and special events at home...I deserve to do something really special for myself. Now where is that ranger????? A ranger on the beach, yeah, that's the ticket!!
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2006 02:37
Thanks, callë and MTMS for your anniversary greetings.

My sweetie and I are very lucky to have found each other - in a psychiatric hospital, no less. Well, we were both working there at the time. He was kind and sweet and funny, even with very ill, unapproachable patients. Our first date was painting his garden fence - he says it was to check out my work ethic. Ha! Free labour, I'd say.

We've gotten through with a minimum of bumps and bruises and lots of wacky humour. We consider ourselves blessed, because a lot of wonderful people have terrible luck with partners. You can be your best and do your best and try, try,try, but if your partner is abusive or unwiling to meet you halfway , you just won't salavage that relationship. What we never know for sure, is whether we have reached that point already or whether there is hope for future change. Ay, there's the rub.

Please excuse the impromptu counselling lecture. I got into my therapist persona there for a minute.

Anyway,

Hi-ho, Hi-ho
It's off to work I go...........

Have a great day everyone.
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2006 03:46
I must be having sympathy tiredness for you teachers who are giving it your all to reach the finish line. I woke up so tired this morning that I think my sleep-meter must be registering in negative territory. Yawnnnn, where's my blankey?
Having A resemblance to Gimli is not A bad thing to me, Scots, as I am proud to be anything like such A brave and noble one as he.
A rider of Rohan, Awelyn? You flatter me. Although I don't look much like the hunky Eomer, I'm A bit like him in temperament and am not afraid to ride horses, motorcycles or about anything else I can hold onto. That would include aircraft, ships, hot air balloons and stegosauruses, if I could catch one.
Yes, Calle, I'd like A box, please, or better yet, some stilts. Anything that'll get my head and arms above this blasted wall. I can't kill many orcs from down here and I can't have that pointy-eared elf beating me!
When I think of cheese, my mind is flooded with images of Wallace and Grommit, Monty Python, Tom and Jerry, Ren and Stimpy and unsavory hygenic references. Perhaps the lowly peanut would make A better teaching-tool for me. I don't know any jokes about peanuts. Wait A minute, Did you hear about the flood at the insane asylum? Yeah, some one yelled "Peanut". How about the two peanuts who were walking down the street and....... I'm hopeless. Swabby
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2006 06:13
Great confusion due to eating the cheese (Catching up on the posts rather backwards). Yesterday I went to Cheese Haven (for real) and now the veil is lifted. Now for some peanut research, a nutty subject for sure. Unfortunately, no Ranger yet, but there is always hope.

Belated anniversary wishes, Neenime! Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration.

Sunshine has been scarce this past week - lots of rain, now it is hailing outside. Need some sunshine to spark a bit of motivation! Think I will bake some bread...love the smell of it baking.

Now, for a way to orb the TV and hubby for just a while...j/k, it is a thought for a moment as TV is very loud. But would probably miss him then. Has to be that crazy cheese.

Love and hugs. :heart::love: :hug:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: May 18, 2006 06:59
Aw Mith, there is nothing better than the smell of bread baking ,well maybe chocolate chip cookies baking I wish I could send you some of my sunshine. :rolling: This is the best I can do for sunshine.

Neenime thank you for the counseling . It was along the lines of my daughter's problem. I went to a counselor for over 2 years and it was wonderful. Such freedom to talk to someone and not worry about being judged. I learned so much about myself. I wish I could have continued but he said no I did not need it anymore.

Scots are you working on your cabinets? When do you see Brandywine and the other COE person that I don't know. I hope you have a good time.

Swabby, not all riders looked like Eomer but you have a gentle look and kind eyes. You would be great with horses and you also have a mischievous twinkle in your eye. You have a handsome face but what is inside is more important to me. You also have a kind heart.

Hang in there MTMS . Very soon you will be singing school's out for the summer. You will be relaxing on your beach and dreaming of your ranger.

It is a beautiful day today because it is my last day of school. I am out for the summer. :disco: :cheers: The weather and temps are nice today also. Well, I have to get back to work.:love:
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2006 03:12
I think that you have swabby summed up quite well there, awelyn. Your advice to relax on the beach with a ranger was just what I needed to hear. Are you sure that you aren't a counselor??? Could I hire you and neenime? I think one is not enough to handle me.

Graduation went very well. The gym was packed with parents and various family members of my students. It made me feel good to hear some very positive comments from parents about the school year and how their child had grown and learned.
Tomorrow is the end of the year party at the beach. Hey, if I spot a ranger there, it's goodbye kids, I'm heading off into the wild.:love: I can hear them yelling after me, "Mrs. Y went off with "her man". You forgot your sword!"

MT
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2006 02:13
Scots are you working on your cabinets? When do you see Brandywine and the other COE person that I don't know. I hope you have a good time.

Ahhh, the ever-present kitchen cabinets. Actually, they are coming along. I can actually see the end from here. All of the doors are done and just waiting to be put on. It's been crazy here the last couple of weeks, so they haven't been put up as of yet. Then it's just eight drawers (drawer fronts actually) and two sides of the cabinets themselves. Of course, then it's on to the hideous countertops and sink. Maybe someday I will be able to walk into my kitchen and not cringe. Probably just about the time we are going to sell the house.

:disco: The spousal unit and I are heading out into the wild blue yonder at noon today. We'll be meeting up with Brandywine and Shireling on Wednesday evening. We'll spend Thursday with them, then we have to head back towards the PoG on Friday. But I am really looking forward to seeing them both. You have NO idea. LOL

Yesterday I closed up the school for the summer. Orders are done, reports filed, and carpets cleaned. It felt really strange. As my partner-in-crime said, "It's an end of an era." That is so true. And even though I'm sure that there are good things coming down the road for me, it is stressful to have the Cheese up and move on you.

MT: Congratulations on another successful graduation. It's always so nice to have what you've worked so hard to do validated. It comes all too rarely unfortunately.

Neenmie: A belated happy anniversary. That's quite the milestone. Isn't it amazing how fast time seems to fly by?

Have a good weekend all. I plan to.
<< First1213141516Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email