Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
Post OOc// Ever After
on: April 15, 2006 05:46
Anyone who has seen the new thread Ever After up in Tolkien Related, come on in and join us. We started the new thread in order to get a bitof a boost from other people's ideas. The only thing I ask is that whenever you post, try to put some substance behind what you write. Single sentances really don't move a plot along all that well.

Background history: Ever After is a continuation of its predecessor, Red Dawn which took place late in the Fourth Age. In Ever After, a second war has broken out at Imladris, the Elven sanctuary. Elrond was killed, and Elladan blinded. Elrohir is insensible with grief an blames an ex-thief named Rolan for his twin's condition.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Some of the other characters that I'm sure you'll meet in the thread include the humans Arato, Aiden and Eadoin created, played and loved by the wonderful Nimmeneth. The ice demon Elf Captain Glyndr is brought to life by our own awesome elflyn. Dreamdancer owns the charming elf Narmion and lovely elf maiden, Laliath. Last but not least, anduril269 wields her daring half-elf Amata with all the skill of a master role-player.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*

We all are hoping for some additions to the cast. It would make us all very happy. Just post something here.

Luvs, Salk

[Edited on 15/4/2006 by Salkiethia]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOc// Ever After
on: April 15, 2006 09:58
Hi everyone! :wave: Thought I'd pop in, Sal, so I can keep myself on top of the OOC discussion just in case anything important comes up.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2006 10:40
Glyndy and I are here too!
I will wait a bit before posting. I would like to see how DD wants her first year of marriage to the bad tempered ice elf went first! LOL.

DD please give me any ideas you might have on how the relationship is ??

Looking forward to posting....

'flyn and Glyndy.
eldir
Mirkwood Enigma
Send Message
on: April 15, 2006 07:25
Could someone just refresh my memory...didn't Elrond sail into the West at the end of the Third Age? Or is this another Elrond?
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2006 03:30
Yes, Elrond sailed into the West at the end of the third age, but in this TR thread, we made him hang around, first because he had unexpected guests (our charries) and then because of the attacks by orcs which wouldn't let him or anyone else leave. ((Whoo, long sentance!))

Same Elrond, same Twins, same ugly orcs attacking our precious Imladris, which, by the way, could use a few more swords protecting her. Care to join us eldir???
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2006 01:10
Hi, just popping in to say I saw the thread and it looks interesting... is there room for, say, another female elf? I haven't RPed an elleth for *quite* some time, and will probably create a new character if you all wouldn't mind me joining...

For now, I was thinking something along the lines of a rather bitter scholar (could never do warriors, forgive me ><), never much of a fighter, more a behind-the-scenes type who's finally been forced into doing something and is *not* pleased with it - displeased with her own inadequacy, Imladris' losses, the whole situation... Not a very likeable character perhaps, but she will have to have her uses... I'll flesh it out a bit more through school today (*ahem*) Must go. Am being chased off class computer...
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2006 01:58
It would be wonderful to have you join the Rp, Sirithros_Lirenel. Yes, there is room for a female Elf, and we welcome you (and any ideas, bright, dim or otherwise) into the thread!

--Salk
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2006 02:15
I might want to join too. I'd be playing an elleth too, though this one would be a warrior.
She's been wondering around for quite some time now and is never really been close to anyone.(On she's known some people over the years, but she's never had any serious bounds.)
She could be coming back to Imladris (the place she was born), see the war and want to help out. She can be cery moody sometimes, but she's a great swordmaster.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2006 02:35
Yay! We have new members! *bounce bounce*

For everyone's information, I'll be updating Arato, Aiden and Eadoin's profiles in the next week or so, just so you all know.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2006 09:02
Havn't heard or seen DD yet.. so will get a posty in for Glyndy later today...I will wait for DD before I say too much about their marriage!
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2006 10:35
Nimeneth... I swear I've RPed with you before. Or maybe someone with a similar name?

I'm sorry, I'll get back on the subject of your RP.

Salkiethia, thanks for PMing me. I'd be happy to join... has it already begun? Would I be missing a lot by not having read Red Dawn?

<3
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 01:21
Thank you very muchly for the welcome... I only hope I'll be able to contribute *constructively*... ><
(*ahemcoughhacksneezesheepishgrin*)

Erm... could someone look over and vet my character to see if she'd be suitable? She's here in the db.

Thanks again!

[edited for link]

[Edited on 3/5/2006 by Sirithros_Lirenel]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 02:34
@Sirithros_Lirenel: Interesting character you have there. I'd like to meet her.

Hey, foshpickle, we have RPed together, and I'm trying to remember in which threads, but they're not coming to mind.
Oh. Right. It was 'Elvish Hearts' and 'The One Bunny'.

And a random fact to everyon here: I'll be having my 3rd anniversary of being a member of this site in 11 days! :disco:
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 02:43
HAPPY 3rd ANNIVERSARY NIMMY!!!! :heart: :love:

I can't remember when I joined ?????? Hmm seems a century ago at least.

WELCOME to the new members

PS I HATE word...I wrote post in word and it threw all my 'edits' out when I posted...hence the two "Edited by.".blurbs at the bottom of the Ever after post. GRRRRRR:evil:

[Edited on 17/4/2006 by elflyn]
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 03:08
Whoo! More people!

@ Sirithros_Lirenel--I think your character will work very well in the RP.

@foshpickle~greenleaf--The RP has already begun, yes, but we're not all that far into it quite yet. You have lost a little background by not reading RD, but we can give you background if you like, and the character relationships that have already been forged are quite evident in this RP so far.
If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or ask here.

@Nimmy--HAPPY 3rd ANNIVERSARY!!! Whee!
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 05:06
That's right! Elvish Hearts had to be one of my favorites, even though as I was reading it last night (still here, believe it or not!), I cringed at some of the things I'd written. Lol. Well, at least I can say my writing skills have improved. I think my favorite scene from that one was when Enelya and Gaelborn woke up together after the feast... ahh, good times, good times.

Anyways!

I'd just need to figure out why my characters are where your characters are. Enelya and Erubadhor, at the end of Elvish Hearts, were planning to head to Rivendell because Enelya was pregnant and had a nasty case of amnesia. I don't know if I want to continue that train of thought, because it would be weird playing as them from that story without the other characters from the story, and also, that would be going from TT to TR. Any suggestions?
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 05:32
Elenya and Gaelborn after the feast... *dies laughing* Yeah, that had to be one of my favorite scenes too. And yeah, I've gotten much better at RPing since then. Iavasril and Mirhith kinda disappeared into thin air after that. Oh. I just remembered. I almost killed Iavaril in that thread. Wowzers I was so cruel.

Personally, I think that having Elenya and Gaelborn in Rivendel might be a bad idea, considering the timing with the orcs and the nasties nearby anyways. Create a new character, maybe, if none of your others could fit into the storyline.
foshpickle~greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2006 05:36
Yah, I was starting to think of that. So unless I can think up something brilliant with them, I'll make up somebody new. I believe I'll go read that thread now so I know what's going on.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 03:55
GAAH I'm SORRY!!! *clings to everyone* I've been so busy that I've hardly had time to come to CoE at all! *hangs head in utter shame*

I'll get to the new thread and bring Narmion and Lalaith in as soon as possible! (I've got a yucky dentist appt. today so it may be tomorow)

And elflyn, I'll try to catch you on yahoo to talk about Glyndy and Lalaith...

once again, I'm really sorry for my absence!!!

PS: awesome posts, everyone!! I can't wait to reply!

[Edited on 19/4/2006 by dreamdancer]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 07:23
Hi, DD! *waves like mad* I missed you, but I'm glad you're back! And speaking of missing persons, has anyone seen anduril? *pulls out a spyglass and looks around for Andy*

Anyways, DD, I love your post! *huggles the Narmion* Poor Narmi, though! But who rescued him from death? That, my friends, is the mystery. Any answers to that, DD?

And @Andy when she gets back: Don't kill Amata, kay? I like her.

Okay, this was pointless, and I should be posting in the thread, but I'm not really sure what to do with Arato right now... or anyone else for that matter...
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 11:10
yay for a warm welcome! *pounces*

I don't know who saved Narmion. Anyone of yall could have been the hero, but its perfectly open to suggestion.

I havnt seen Andy lately.

And, new picture of Narmion! (ps. I didn't make this one, obviously )

Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2006 12:23
Narmi's one sexsay elf boi. *giggles* :love:

Hmm... maybe the person who saved Narmi was... a ghost! *gasp* The horror!
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2006 10:59
YAY SAL! this looks good!
I'll post for Glyndy and the patrol tomorrow!

Arato, Istalle , Elenwen...anyone ,Join with Glyndr and Diablo. on the patrol.
As Aragorn said.."Let's hunt orc!"
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2006 11:05
O_o;; Rolan didn't just join the *patrol*, did he? *faints*

EEEEEEEEEK! Rolan is going CRAZY! *grabs the poor boy and doesn't let go of him* Noooooooooooooooo! Not Rolan too! Elrohir's bad enough!

*hem hem* Excuse me.
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2006 04:10
Heh - would love to come, elflyn. So I had to find a stupid excuse with the remotest of plausabilities for Istalë to join the company... Hope it doesn't sound too forced XD. And apologies for the short post - I'm in a hurry, but I'll come back and edit tonight. ><
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 22, 2006 06:22
lalaith is going to run down and see her glydy before he leaves- when I next have time to post (tomorow hopefully!)
the poor wife is just fretting and fretting *pets her*

and I might haul up and have narmion go with the patrol, though its probably a very bad idea on his part. he just doesnt want to just hang around with nothing to do *pets him too*
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2006 03:24
0.o I thinks I agree with you Nimmy. Rolan hath gone off the edge.

@ elflyn: WHOO!!! Let's us goes to kicks orc-sie butts!

@ DD. Rolan knows the feeling. I think that's why he decided to annoy his creator and go harring off without my say-so. Grrr. I need to find some chains to keep the poor lad from hurting himself.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2006 04:50
YAY we will! Will posty tomorrow!:evil:

UM change that! I postyd today..Oh DD Glyndy is so stressed out that he has to leave Lalaith.

He is glad that Arato is with him on the patrol.

Elenwen...don't take Glyndy's evil manners to heart , he is a right evil .well ...nasty! LOL!

Isalle ..hmmmm be careful..don't upset the demon in him

Narmy...Glyndy wants you by his side in this one..but you have the choice

Rolan...you WORRY him LOL:evil:

[Edited on 23/4/2006 by elflyn]
Linwe_Saralonde
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2006 09:19
Don't worry elflyn! Elenwen will know soon enough who she's dealing with. If Glyndr is mean to her, she's most likely to talk back! (she does have some character... lol)
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2006 02:04
Awwwwww.... *huggles Glyndy* He cares! Anyways, I'm off to post, seeing as I have no homework... *sighs* So bored...
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 24, 2006 07:06
This is FINAL EXAM week in dear old college, so I'll be pretty busy for the next few days. I'll try to get a post up very soon- Lalaith is not a happy camper. I wonder if *she'd* decide to follow the patrol instead of Narmion? hmmmm *ponders sending poor lalaith off with a sword somewhere* :evil:

ah well, input appreciated

*hugs rolan and arato and glyndy and everyone else*

Can any of these characters do algabra? Because they're welcome to come take my final for me....
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2006 02:51
Not sure if Diablo or Rolan could manage an algebra final, but I love doing it. The funny thing is I literally can't *count* but I adore math with letters.

Journalism. Gr. Lots of work with setting up MLA stuff. I just don't get it. DD, switch with me???? Pwetty-pwease?

I has more homework than I thought it was possible for teachers to assign. Help.

[Edited on 25/4/2006 by Salkiethia]
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2006 05:39
Lol, sorry DD. Arato can't do algebra. And math isn't my strong subject, either... >_<

Further, don't send Lalaith after Glyndy. The poor captain would lose it if something happened to her. And he's got enough on his plate as it is, what with Rolan being strange.
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2006 10:37
Yep DD Nimmy is sooooo right Glyndy would lose it if Lalaith was with them, and something happened to her

And yep, Nimmy ,I think he's got more than enough to cope with right now !

I feel for all of you..and I thought work was a 'killer'????

Love everyone's posts.

Oh, and Glyndy loves Lalaith....he will come home :love:
Sirithros_Lirenel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2006 01:01
Goodness you all post so quickly! I turn in at 12.30, get to school at 6.45 the next morning, and just about *everyone* else has posted!!! ><

Ooh can we swap places in school, DD? I would SO much rather do algebra than write essays on the Water Issue between Singapore and Malaysia...

I has more homework than I thought it was possible for teachers to assign. Help.

I FEEL YOUR PAIN VERY VERY KEENLY. Except the "more homework than could be assigned" illusion was cast off *quite* some time ago. Teachers are capable of *anything*. Really.

Will get in a post when I get home from school today.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email