Register

<< First1819202122
Author Topic:
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOc// Ever After
on: May 24, 2007 09:33
I don't have it word for word, no, but I guarantee, Nethraueth has not let me forget the actions taken!
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2007 10:55
Hmmm neither willGlyndy! ACK! where IS everyone!!!
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 28, 2007 02:23
Would you have it saved in yahoo messenger's memory, perhaps? And do you want us to do another joint-post through pms or something?

and I don't know, elflyn.. o_O Maybe with it being near the end of school and everything, everyone's just busy.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2007 12:52
*bounces in really quickly* Hi everyone! I'm just dropping a line before school (as usual). I've got three more weeks left (two, really, since that last week is finals and halfdays), so I'll be around more then! And I should have my own internet connection then. *lots of hugs*
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2007 07:44
Now there's a thought. I will check the memory in Yahoo and see if I can find it....

Good news! I found most of it...just need a little bit of writing between them at the smithy and then for her and Glyndr, and we are set!
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 09, 2007 04:59
*breaks out of stone statue of Sal*

I'm alive! Truly I am! RL has been... hmn. Maybe insane is the best word to use.
Yep.

So, I'm back for whatever it's worth.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2007 01:01
Hey, Dirk's grown a backbone (around Morgai, that is)! Good for him!

Hi everyone. Assuming I'm lucky, I'll have a post up this afternoon. I have a portfolio for English class to complete, so maybe not. Er... and I have to find where Arato and Aiden got off to... I seem to have lost them... *looks around*
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 11, 2007 06:48
I'll get to posting again sometime x__x I am still here, believe it or not, and glad to see yall are too
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2007 03:55
Well, I am still here, waiting for a response so I can finish what was planned out. If nothing is going to happen, let me know. I am getting really tired of waiting on this one.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 06, 2007 11:48
I'm really sorry, Iell, and everyone else... I just started a new job so now I'm working two, and I've been so busy and really tired a lot of the time. I still want to post here and I'm going to as soon as I have time... I'll plan on doing it this weekend, probably Sunday when I'm off from both jobs.
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2007 11:50
I hope things calm down a bit for you, DD. *hugs*
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 08, 2007 08:52
Thanks, Nimmy :love: I'm just busy, but I finally posted. I hope its ok!
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2007 11:34
DD :heart: To Glyndy and me it was a purrrrfect post!

He can't wait to throw himself back into this with a vengeance Glyndy will now watch and wait
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2007 08:34
I will be posting this weekend, just to let everyone know...
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2007 04:42
Hoping to get a post of my own up Saturday after work...
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2007 08:15
Okay, I had a weird weekend, and didn't get my post up, but I will have it up by tomrrow....Neth loves her Morgai, by the way , Nimmy. Are we stil going to have the events take place in battle as planned before?
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2007 08:40
You'll probably have to remind me of what those are, but probably.

Okay, this is to all the good characters, regarding the defense of Imladris during that last battle. Arato has some plans to whittle away at the numbers of Ondet's troops and slow them down to buy the defenders a little time. First, a few maps.

THESE ARE NOT MY MAPS! I did, however, tweak one, but I still lay no claim on it.

From http://www.glyphweb.com/arda/

Okay, so when Eadoin finds Ondet's camp, he says it's about 3 leagues distant (rough translation - 18 to 20 miles.) That puts them about in the Trollshaws. Easiest path? Take the Great Road, ford the Bruinen at the already existing ford, and cross the bridge to Imladris.

Argh... that second map doesn't want to show up... I'll try to get that up tomorrow, since I just ran out of time...
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 17, 2007 03:01
Great post, Nimmy!

And I look forward to everyone else's posts too :love:
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2007 03:50
I'm going to be a little upset if this doesn't work this time around...

I say again: This map does not belong to me, and thus I do not lay any claim upon it. I tweaked it a little bit, but only to make some points.

1) pitfalls along the path to delay Ondet’s forces so that Imladris can get their larger plans in place.
2) wash out sections of the path and try to set up some rockslides that can be triggered by someone kicking a rock, tripwire, vibration of “marching” forces
3) fell some trees across the path (sorry, you elves, but it’s so you can survive. Swinging log traps to knock out large chunks of the forces (taking artistic license and saying there’s trees on both sides of the path.)
4) pitfalls along the path leading to the bridge. Set some up in the fields on both sides, but not to take out too many, but rather to annoy so that the orcs’ll get stupid
5) take out the bridge, with orcs on it. Weaken the mortar on the supports on the banks, the rest of the bridge, and the keystone (especially the keystone). Stick a wedge in the keystone, use sea anchors to put strain on those areas. The current combined with the orcs weight and vibrations of their footsteps (amplified by the canyon walls) will cause the bridge to collapse (hopefully) (Not sure if this one’s going to work, but it might)
6) if there’s any vegetation in front of the entryway, coat it with flammable oil and try to get some wood mixed in there, across the path, etc. fire it if push comes to shove.
7) set up traps along one side of the entry way, and post archers on the cliffs above it so they can fire down upon the advancing forces and drive them into the traps (think spikes and other nasties). They’re going to need artificial cover after the fire.
the final engagement. No explanation needed

I say again: THIS MAP IS NOT MINE!

[Edited on 18/7/2007 by BerethEdhellen]
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2007 07:43
I have posted for Neth's response to bellas's question, and i have also introduced the character that is going to signal the beginning of the end for Nethraueth...
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2007 01:51
sorry for the double post, but elflyn is going to be gone for a few days, and I need to go over a few things between the survivor and Glyndr before i can post, so I will be posting as soon as I get a chance to get together with her and get things straightened out...
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 28, 2007 05:19
great posts, yall! :evil: fun stuff starting here! I can post for Bellas (hopefully soon) and can I have him see Neth to bed, and then headed back to the smithie when he can't sleep? Is this the night when our plot bunny attacks, or is it the next?

Still busy... but still going to try and post as soon as I can!
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2007 04:03
I got a post up!!! W00t! Go me!
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2007 09:37
Okay, I don't know what happened to my OOC post from yesterday, but ...

I posted parts of the plot bunny pertaining to Neth and getting things in motion...

No the fire is not raging uncontrollably(yet) although the smithy itself is worse off than the rest of the buildings...

Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2007 09:08
Hi, guys. Just got back home after a 5 hour drive up from Newark NJ. My plane landed late last night due to delays in Minnienapolis (which they didn't understand, so if anyone has details, I'd like to know out of curiousity).

Anyways, I'm back, and I'm off to check up on the main thread. I missed everyone! *hugs*
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: August 28, 2007 03:23
Glad you're back safely, Nimmy! *glomps*

I posted a little while back... hope it works for everyone Still not sure what to do with Narmion
anduril269
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 02, 2007 03:00
Arghhh just read what's happened... O.O Neth is really evil..

And I feel terrible about Narmion!
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 02, 2007 07:19
Don't feel terrible, Andy *hugs* I'm not sure what to do with Delvan either XD
Iell-daughter-of-elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2007 10:37
Neth is Evil? Whatever gave you that idea?
Yes, she is a wicked little thing...
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2007 12:58
But *that* is why Morgai loves her.
Salkiethia
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2008 03:29
**very much misses the whole CoE gang**

dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 14, 2008 05:07
Hi Sal... I'm still here *hugs*

I think most of the folks who rp'd on this thread don't come to CoE anymore ,though
Nimeneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2008 01:43
I still do... occasionally...
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 08, 2008 08:56
Well, that's three of us at least Good to hear from yall!
elflyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2008 07:10
Glyndy occasionally slides back into this world too..
<< First1819202122
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email