Register

<< First1415161718
Author Topic:
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans Over Forty ~ Part VII
on: August 22, 2006 09:37
Ah well that green vest is still under construction...
Found out that Timberwolf gets his extra hours starting next tuesday,
so I was jumping the gun a bit...

I walked 7.5 miles today so I'm 18 miles past Rivendell on my way to
LothLorien... hmmm wondering if Haldir will be there when I get there.

OK so I am addicted to Elves... but you all knew this allready anyway.

A treehouse for every Elf and a Chicken for every stewpot...
I figure the Humans can live in the Trailers and eat TV dinners...
if they don't already have a house and a garden...
But Elves have to have their Trees, even if the eat Fish instead of Chicken.

Balrog I've put both of your bosses on my prayer list...
I hope that helps! :hug:

Lets see I've got:
Teachers
Students
Parents
Children
Spouses
Siblings
Firefighters
Bosses
Ooooppps I forgot their Pets...

OK, I just pray for everyone on Earth... is OK yes? :feedback:
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 02:27
I'm with you on the hygeine thing, Awelyn. I have a very keen sense of smell and am repelled by a person who doesn't smell so sweet, but attracted to those who smell good. I couldn't kiss a woman with dirty teeth, either. I've seen attractive women hanging out with guys that smell and I just don't know how they do it. I also don't know how our ancesters managed to be intimate when they hadn't bathed for weeks or months. I guess folks can get used to something if they accept it as "normal".

I think HT and I could get up a stage act. She'd sing "You don't bring me flowers..." and I'd say "Well, not in the last half-hour", and so on. Whadayathink? Happy hump-day! Swabby
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 02:47
A gracious Good Morning to you all (unless you're across the Pond, in which case it's afternoon).

Teachers hang in there! I have found that the first while is an adjustment period and Il fall back into a working rhythm soon. My worries about not adjusting and not managing are never borne out.

MT what is the source of energy that you need to make a daily visit to, in order to sustain yourself? I find it makes a difference when I consciously and deliberately re-energize myself. Whether it's music, a spiritual exercise, time in Nature, a a favourite reading or a physical touchstone, something like that really helps me., I hope you find yours soon.

Brandywine - sorry about your back muscles. I hope you have some stretches that you can safely use to settle them down. I know what you mean by discovering seemingly unrelated functions using injured muscles! Not a nice surprise.

I hope you feel better soon.

HT loved that new and improved version of swabby's poem! " You've some skill with the word," said the Ranger as HT rhymed her way through their conversation.

Cat My affinity for water is all about fresh water. We're on the Northwest corner of Lake Superior -the largest freshwater lake in the world. It's so big, that it is sometimes referred to as an inland sea (just without the salt).

Hubby took a nice photo of me "making eggs" and then did some really groovy pop-art special effects. Here it is..

CAUTION: SOme of you may have flashbakcs to the 60's when you see it.

[Edited on 23/8/2006 by Neenime]
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 03:00
Swabby ,when I was in college I did a paper on smells and how long it takes you to adjust to a certain smell. I think 20 minutes is the time and that is why you can go into a house that my smell and you smell odors but not the house owner. They have adjusted but I think body odor is different. To be truthful I can't remember the paper but it was something like that Teachers at my school that visit awfully smelling houses put vinegar under their noses before going in to the bad smelling house they say it helps.

Balrog so sorry about the sadness that has been around you. I am glad you were able to laugh. I thought it was time for a new thread.

Vicarcat,yes it is ok to pray for all the earth. But at the same time there are so many things that should be prayed for individually. I am addicted to Elves myself.

What a beautiful day it is going to be here. The temperature is cool and the sun is shining. I still think we could use rain but will enjoy this day to its fullest. My pool time is quickly moving to an end. I love swimming so and it is so easier to exercise in my pool. I am to private a person to swim in the one at my exercise place. In time I will buy a cover that is made of fiberglass that fits over the pool. It is conical and it has a heater but is solar heated also so you can swim in the winter. I think it would be great to swim with snow on the ground.

Have a good day everyone.

Hang in there Rose.
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 03:14
Neenime we must have posted at the same time. What a great picture . You look so content. The pop art side of the photo remind me of the pictures on the detective shows about heat and cool. You are right it takes me back to the 60's.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 06:13
Thanks, awelyn . The heat/cool pictures on detective shows - do you mean the infra-red images? I could see that.

That place is one of my favourites. It's about 20 minutes drive from the house but really quite private because hardly anyone knows about it.

Balrog sorry about the losses around you. Sometimes it's tough to hear about so much pain and loss for others. What a strange coincidence, too - I just heard that a woman I knew died of ALS. It's probably a blessing that she went before the disease robbed her of all her functions and dignity
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
<< First1415161718
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email