Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans Over Forty ~ Part VII
on: June 12, 2006 06:20
Hi Sindy! I'm really not sure of the fishing season dates. Walleye must be in season as they recently held a tournament as well as the yearly Walleye Drop festival in Port Clinton. I would guess it is open season for perch as well. I haven't fished in many a year so usually buy fresh perch at the fish market in Port Clinton. There is supposed to be an abundance of both this year. We've seen lots of dead fish (yuck) floating and also lots of fish eating birds. Hope you make it up to Put-in-Bay, that is sure lots of fun. I can see South Bass Island from our patio...will wave hello!!

This is the time of year for the nasty bugses. Some people call them May Flies and others Canadian Soldiers. In any case, they come every year around this time in huge numbers. They are harmless but their huge numbers make them quite a nuisance. We heard stories of a year some time ago when they had to use a back hoe to scoop them up in the streets. Needless to say, I will be lake watching from inside for a couple days.

Thanks for the cool link, Vicarcat. Also added it to my favorites. It is a nice site and has some cool drawings, although our FOF artist, Swabby, is even more talented. :love:
Nice pic, you also look rather elvish.

Am looking forward to the Ranger report from MT. Now if Ara-baby could talk we would surely hear some good tales.

Calle...hope your hay fever eases up and you can venture outside.

Rose, may your typing load lighten and your work days and Morwin's brighten.

Take care all my friends and have a wonderful day! :heart::love: :hug:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: June 12, 2006 09:01
Hi Sindy, Glad to see you back. You can relax and enjoy the summer.

Swabby ,
He is not converted yet but I am working on him. I am going very slowly. He will be a FOF of Tolkien's before he knows it.

Vicar cat ,what a great photo, and I think you look very slim. I am going to have to go to that site since everyone is raving about it.

Scots, remember in the movie You Got Mail when Meg Ryan was standing and looking at her empty book store and she was remembering the good times with her mom and the emotions she was going through remembering. It reminds me of some of the things you must be feeling. Hang in there and Rose gave great advice on to bigger and brighter things.

Rose,so sorry it is hot. We are having a cloudy but cool day here. I recommend ice tea or lemonade and very cool clothing. Air conditioning or a fan will help.

Hi Morwin. I need to do some weeding but I have no get up and go. I am so blah. I will have to give myself a firm talking to I guess.

My daughter's ex-fiance we saw with another girl and we found out he married her Friday he is crazy. My daughter is so hurt because he was dating this girl when he was engaged to my daughter. He is a mental case for sure.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: June 12, 2006 09:18
Mith,I did not mean to leave you out,what annoying sounding bugs.
I can't wait to hear MTMS report either. I know she had so much fun.
Have a good day.
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2006 11:14
Morwin, for the sake of you and the others who are toiling in the earth, here is some good news. It was on the local news that A child dug up A huge diamond the other day. Of course it was at the diamond fields in southern Arkansas, but still, it just goes to show that wonderful things can be found in the dirt. I always felt that it did me good to dig in the earth. I worked for the school sometimes when I was in high school, and I still remember the Saturday I spent digging large holes beside one of the buildings for trees to be planted in. Today I can drive by there and point those trees out to my 14yo son. They are quite large now.

I'll bet you're one of those gals that can bait her own hook and put her own fish on the stringer, Mith. Do you clean them as well? Do you think I could buy you? My wife is as helpless as A baby when you take her fishing, which I don't do any more.
That was some compliment you paid me, too, Mith. I don't think I deserve it, but I'm not about to contradict your opinion. Thank you, oh wise and talented lady. May you have sweet dreams of Rangers every night.

Awelyn, that's good news about your hubby. As long as progress is being made towards his conversion, there is hope.

Sindy-bo-bindy, may all of your days be just like the weekendy.

I'm sorry to hear it's so hot in England, Rose. Do you suppose your fiery breath could be making it worse? I suggest you empty your butane tank for the summer and replace it with freon, that way you can exhale ice cubes, which will cool everything down and make you very popular at cocktail parties.

Vicarcat, I saw your picture. You're A hotty, ya know, so slim and trim. No wonder you run all the time----there's probably A bunch of Rangers trying to catch you.

Question-- Why do Rangers wear sunglasses?
Answer-- so people won't recognize them.
Question--What did the orcs say when twelve Rangers with sunglasses on walked into their camp?
Answer-- Nothing, they didn't recognise them.

Ara-baby where are you? Ya need A break ol' buddy? Just call me! Swabbs

[Edited on 12/6/2006 by swabby]
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2006 03:51
Oh boy...

Calle I know your Half-Elven so if anyone can call me on what I write about Half-Elves it is you!

Swabby what is this about my being slim? I was 173 pounds when that photo was taken I am now down to 160... also I don't run I just walk...
It's the sunglasses, floppy hat, and the long skirts that camoflage me from
the Rangers...
Though the Half-Elves always spot me [often before I get to where they are...]
they have sonar running or something.... or can they hear me a half mile
away [am I as loud as a Dwarf in the forest?]...?

I am up to 149 miles walking...
And I am finished with finals... no grades yet.
Summer! LOL! :disco: :cheers: :love: I don't care if it is raining I am free!
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2006 06:14
Compared to my wife, you're very thin Vicarcat. Of course us sailors are notorious for thinking everything looks like mermaids. :love: Swabby
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2006 06:20
Awelyn, you are so sweet. I was thinking of how I forgot to mention you in my earlier post! That happens sometimes, especially with our numbers growing here. But don't worry if you or anyone forgets, I understand and don't let things like that upset me. Your daughter's ex-fiance sure showed his bad qualities. What a blessing she didn't marry him!

Bait a hook, well yes, as long as it was not a spider. I would clean them if need be, but not very good at that task, waste too much of the meat. But these days, I much prefer offering ranger bait. Thank you for the kind words, Swabby. Unfortunately, I'm not for sale, lol, :blush: but there is no charge for friendship. But do hope your wish for my ranger :heart:dreams comes true.

Am vowing to start logging miles tomorrow...keep forgetting to put on the pedometer. Especially after pizza and ice cream :rolling: tonight...yikes the calories. But nice getting a break from cooking.

Good night to half-elven, ranger lovers, snake slayers and to all sweet dreams. :yawn: :sleepy: :hug:

callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2006 10:23
Morning all... still miserable but the pollen should peak this week, so I am looking for blessed relief starting next week.
Morwin, how is the garden coming? its so peaceful to go out and work in the garden. I'd much rather be outside than in anytime.
Rose we are supposed to get some fresher temps for a few days, but with global warming I think more and more air conditioners will surface here over time. Compared to the heat in Florida, I am still quite comfortable except at night, when I wish it was a little cooler. Mith mentioned ice cream...ummm. I dare say I have put away quite a bit of that lately.
But Mith, eewww, those bugses sound awful. A few bugses I can handle but when there are millions of them it gives me chills to think about them. ugh.
Scots..keep looking forward as it is always quite sad to leave a part of your life behind. Moving forward is fun and exciting and challenging, but sweet memories tug at your heart from times past. No doubt as much as you put in to it, your new students are in for many happy memories of their own in the making.
I envy your zest for learning, and learning keeps you young ya know. hmm... I need to get busy again. I am still reading Lost Tales, but my Sindarin studies have trailed off...need to get back to it.
Awelyn, at least your daughter may now be seeing your wisdom. I am so glad for you that she didnt make the mistake of marrying him.
Swabby-wabby-bo-babby (couldnt resist as you reminded me of that song with Sindy-bo-bindy) that is so preciousss about the trees you planted. A wonderful legacy from you to mother earth. Bet looking at them brings back so many memories. I love trees. My kids cant understand how I can stop and just be amazed at trees. they think..how boring. As a child I spent much of my day up in a tree. Loved climbing them and even then I knew they were my friends.
hope all my FOF friends enjoy their day!
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2006 02:42
After re-reading my last posts, I want to make it clear that I was addressing Rose's dragon persona when I suggested she might be heating England up with her fiery dragon breath. Her normal human lady breath is quite cool.

Aw geez, Mith, I was hoping you'd be for sale so I could get started on my shieldmaiden collection, but it looks like all the best ones are taken.

Surely your daughter will see how things worked out for the best at some point, Awelyn. Maybe she will see more clearly in A few weeks and realize how she dodged A bullet, so to speak.

Vicarcat, I, too, am half elf. I'm also half hobbit, half Ranger, half sailor, half wizard and part human. That's why my clothes are so big. There's about three of me in here.

Air conditioners in England? If any of you live near the beach, it's time to move to higher ground, really. The next thing you know, you'll have your own cottonheads and coppermouths to deal with. Maybe chicks and tiggers, too.

Calle-wally-bo-bally, yes, that song rendered me unable to speak correctly.

It's my middle son's birthday today and he's 31. He just started work at A Ferrari/Lamborghinni dealership in Houston as their head mechanic. Got his daddy's mechanical abilities, he did. He's A pretty darn good guitar player, too. Most importantly, though, he's A LotR nut like me, although he hasn't read the books. Every time he comes to visit he wants to watch all three movies. Good boy, and he's single. Swabby-wabby-bo-babby.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: June 13, 2006 04:52
My daughter will be fine and I am so glad she did not make the mistake of marrying him. He wanted her to go to the court house and be married by a judge she said no but the other girl did not she married him at the court house. What a jerk! My daughter will find someone who truly loves her.

One of my favorite memories from my childhood is my Aunt Lucille serving me vanilla ice cream in a crystal goblet. My mom would have never trusted me not to break glass but I felt so regal and grownup. My aunt had a way of making you feel special. She is my favorite aunt. We would sit on her front porch and watch firefly's and eat ice cream.
Calle,I do like ice cream and the good memories it brings back. The name game I really liked that song.I use to sing it all the time.

Swabby you should be proud of your son. He sounds like a hard worker and a well rounded young man. All right he is a Tolkien fan.

I can bait a hook but I have not fished in years. I prefer just riding in a boat and enjoy the scenery.

Vicarcat, good for you. Keep up the walking. That site is fantastic. I went there and being a woman who appreciates Elves I was so happy for the Elf art as well as the Tolkien related art. Thank you.
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: June 13, 2006 04:53
Swabby, wish I would find something like a diamond in my flowerbeds - but, all that turns up is the occasional earthworm that doesn't like a bit when I'm messing around its home hole.

Awelyn, thank goodness your daughter didn't end up marrying that guy! There's definitely a lot wrong with him. I can well relate to your inefficiency with weeding - there are a dozen of things that I'd rather do, especially when I've started fighting the weeds when they're already almost out of hand. :blush:

Mith and others, we've got our share of nasty little bugs here as well, especially mosquitoes, which we might get a lot this summer because the late spring and early summer were so wet. :angry:

Hope everybody has a nice day.
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2006 06:38
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments...:blush:

Awelyn just as well your daughter is free of that fellow...
even if it does hurt now her future is bright!:angel: :love:

I've been working on finishing projects today.
I mended on set of glove weight guantlets and I have a pair of Irish sleeves
ready to put on a jerkin... now I've to find where I put that jerkin so I can
finish it. I am also finishing the embroidery on a blue stole... should I post photos of the work?

I walked 4 miles today had to keep it short as my siatica is being a pain!

I will be puting in plants tomorrow... Wood Ferns, Pacific Iris, Yellow Water Violets, Red Sorrel, and also transplanting Cattails and Strawberries...

If we hold a gathering for the FoFr's where do we hold it? :cheers:
Oh well we'll just hold it in our hearts for now!:heart: et: :love:

Summer and it's cloudy and sprinkles occasionally... but the willows like rain
and it cleans the air... :rolling:

[Edited on 15/6/2006 by vicarcat]
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 03:15
*skids to a halt and slides into FoF room*

Bless you, swabby :hug: I knew you didn't mean my fiery breath. Lol!! Although there have been many that have had their tail feathers scorched ~ believe me. :evil: And what a wonderful idea, iced breath. :love: Thankeee kindly, my good sir. *dips a curtsey*

It's good that you have an LotR comrade, in your son.

Keep walking vicarcat Which reminds me... I must go and register my miles on Éowyn's Challenge site and put a post in that thread on Many Meetings. Rivendell is getting sooooo near, I can almost taste it!!!

Oooh, oooh, I know what I meant to tell you....*puffs chest out* Manchester has a shop called Rohan. Whoo hoo. :disco: However, there does seem to be a shortage of Rohirrim and Éomer was definitely not there. *sulk* Lol!!

Weather is cooler, but still muggy. It's raining at the moment.

Football (soccer) on the TV everynight....England -v- Trinidad & Tobago tomorrow (Thursday). Everybody will be rushing home to watch the match, as it starts at 5:00 pm here..... eyes glued to the box. Lol!! Yours faithfully included. Come on boys!!! Although they had better put on a better performance than they did on Saturday against Paraguay *big ttttchhh!!*....my granny could have played better than half of them did. Lol!! ~ Am I boring you yet. *wicked grin* If they don't pull their socks up, it could be an early bath and goodnight Vienna!!

'What is she waffling on about??' I hear all you good people muttering. *giggles*

♪♪ 'Oh, she's footba' crazy, she's footba' mad
And the footba', it has robbed her
O' the wee bit o' sense she had....' ♪♪

HT will know the tune to *that* song and the rest of the words, no doubt. It needs to be sung with an acoustic guitar and a Scottish accent.

Hi, to alewyn, Mith, MT, HT, Balrog, Neeeeenime , dear OTB, wherever he is *concerned look*, callë, belle, scots, brandywine... sits and thinks... don't think I have missed anyone. Hugs for all of you. Slap me with a wet kipper if I have missed your name.

*Takes up vicarcat's suggestion at a temporary meeting place and open up the door to her heart for her FoF friends.*

And I love the image of willows wet with sprinkles .... soooo pretty and it feels so cool. Thank you Vicarcat for that image. :love:

Huge huggles to everyone. Gotta dash. Byeeeeeee *leaves trail of smoke behind as she shuts the door*
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 08:31
♪♪ 'Oh, she's footba' crazy, she's footba' mad
And the footba', it has robbed her
O' the wee bit o' sense she had....' ♪♪

HT will know the tune to *that* song and the rest of the words, no doubt. It needs to be sung with an acoustic guitar and a Scottish accent.

Hi Rose

I do indeed know that song from my childhood the next few lines go

It would tak a dozen skivvies
his claes to wash and scrub
since Jock became a member
o' that terrible fitba' club

Skivvies in this instance are ladies who clean or who do Laundry.

I also liked the song sung by the same pair
Ye cannae shove yer Granny of a bus

and
Ye cannae drop a jeely piece of a 20 story flat
7000 hungry wains 'll testify tae that
a jeely piece is a jam or jelly sandwich and a wain is a a child.

somehow these things only sound right in Scottish!

Hope everyone is well.

Awelyn I am so glad that your daughter did not marry that jerk - it is hard for you both but she must see what a lucky escape she had.

Love and Hugs

HT:heart:
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 10:24
Lol!! Oh, Jimmie McGregor and Robin Hall, HT. Ah, memories of a bygone age. The White Heather Club, Andy Stewart....'Donal where's your troosers'. I loved it when he did the Elvis impression.

My dad used to sing those songs. *giggling* My grandad used to sing one...'Aunty Mary had a canary up the leg of her drawers...' to the tune of 'Cock o'the North'. *stuffs hanky in mouth, tears of laughter*

Apologies for the indulgence.

Take care everyone

Rose :heart:
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 11:25
Here here! That'll be enough of that! You two ladies have gotten entirely too silly! Silly songs about sports fanatics and missing trousers from some long forgotten age of vulgarities simply have no place here amongst us refined folks! I insist you stop it immediately! Hrrumph, hrrumph. And now, for something completely different, A man with three buttocks.

[Edited on 14/6/2006 by swabby]
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 04:50
Mae govannen my Fabulous Friends of FoF! I have missed you mightily! I have been there (Michigan) and back again....and the King (Ara-baby) has returned. Let me tell you, if you go on an adventure, be sure to take a ranger along. It makes things very interesting and alot of fun.

The first leg of our journey had us heading to Bowling Green, KY to spend the night. The hotel we were staying in was across the street from the Corvette Museum. Ara-baby wanted to have his picture taken next to the sign, so we indulged him. He also made us stop at the Kentucky welcome center for a pic. We got a few strange looks from other travelers, but we didn't care. Guess they were jealous, not having a ranger of their own.

On the 2nd day we reached the Last Homely House in Michigan, where we met up with 11 other mooters from across the US. Ara-baby liked to hang out on the porch near the flag of Rohan and where the White Tree of Gondor banner hung. Of course we gals were there alot also. :love: He watched ROTK with us and didn't mind our silly comments. He's so sweet!

Ara-baby went with us into Kalamazoo to have lunch at Bilbo's restaurant, where I bought some lovely t-shirts. He didn't eat much, but I had a delicious Ho! Tom Bombadill sandwich. It had Bilbo sauce on it. Yummy! Some of the staff came from the kitchen to see Ara-baby. You'da thought they'd have given him a t-shirt!
We had a bonfire and moonlight dance. Some of the folk played harp and pennywhistles while some others pranced around the fire, trying not to fall in. :disco: Ara-baby stood back from the fire a bit, keeping close to the Party tree. (Not that I blame him a bit!) It was one gal's birthday and she recited Bilbo's speech at his party. Ara-baby kept us safe from any wandereing wraiths.
The next day we took a cruise on the Star of Sagatuck II on the Kalamazoo River and into Lake Michigan. Guess who was called up into the wheel house to skipper the boat? Not swabby but Ara-baby! The captain put a hat on him and let him hold the wheel. She said that if Captain Jack Sparrow was along, he wouldn't be leaving the ship...not without her! The sunset was beautiful and we felt like we were sailling into the west!
After much trivia playing, hobbity breakfast eating, mathom giving, the breaking of the fellowship came to pass. Ara-baby didn't want to leave, as he had not experience such freedom before. Had to hog-tie him and put the scrapbook on top of him to hold him down. We stopped for the night in Bowling Green again. This time we sneaked closer to the Corvette Museum and got a pic of Ara-baby and me on a silver Vette. He also wanted to have his pic taken at the Tennesee welcome center and we indulged him. He wanted to go the Jim Beam distillery, but we had to get back home at a reasonable time.
I've unpacked and am taking it easy. These past few days I've stayed up till 2 or 3 am and waked up around 9 am. Walked, talked, danced, ate, watched ROTK and Led Zeppelin, cried, climbed stairs to my attic bedroom and drove many miles. I'm pooped!

Thanks for listening to my tale. I'm sure that I'll remember something that I forgot to tell. Know that I thought of each of you and wished that you were there in body, for you were there in my heart.
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

MT
awelyn418
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 05:16
Oh, MTMS, I have missed you. It sounds like you had a wonderful adventure and made many memories and had so much fun. I am so glad that you had a good time. Ara-baby came back safe and sound and content to be home with you.

Rose and HT isn't football in England played with a round ball and it is a little like soccer. I know it is nothing like our football and I heard it is a very tough game. Oh I see you answered that in another post sorry.

Swabby you crack me up.LOL.
I have to go and get ready for bed I am exhausted and I did nothing today.
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 05:37
Sigh, wet and gray here.. but I got 2 miles in and I'll attempt another 3 in a bit.

Thought I'd check in and see how things are going...

No plants in the garden yet but I am waiting fot them and will plant them
in the sprinkles as I know Violets love sprinkles...

MT glad your back... would love to see photos when you have them posted...
Rose and HT love the silly songs!
I've promised silverleaf a pair of leather gauntlets but said he had to get the
leather first... :dizzy:
I'm wanting to start on them but I've to inventory what is in the closet first!
OK so I've a zillion projects to finish... :blush:
I'm still not sure if I should post photos of them when they are done...
folks in the CoE costuming club seem to nolonger post there...

Will post again whan I've news... :wave:
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2006 05:52
Hi everyone.

I had to get back to the FoF. I missed everyone. Just read up on the other posts and it looks like everyone has had an adventure. Nice to see you all here.

I got through my game. It took me 80 hours to play. It was long. I will play it again. Much of that time was reading so I am hopeful I will beat my time.

awelyn: I'm glad you daughter did not marry that loser. He needs his head examined. She will find someone that suits her nicely someday. It will sneek up on her when she won't realize it. She needs to put this behind her and get on with her life. I almost did the same thing and realized it was not for me. I'm still single and like it like that.

Well, I will go and do some research on balrogs. They are very interesting creatures.

Everyone have a Happy Hump Day.

Namárië
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 02:41
*hangs head and stands, hands behind back in front of a very fatherly swabs* *gales of laughter*. Aaaaawwww! come on swabsy, *flutters eyelashes ~ looks coyly* Yeah!! I can do coy. Rofl!! .

Hmmmm, a man with three buttocks, eh!! Verrraa interesting, but thstupid!! Now where was that phrase from, ladies and gent.

Pity I am work, or maybe I could conjure up an image of that afflicted man. :evil:

Hi Balrog. Sorry, what game were you playing... I must have missed that if you mentioned it in a previous post. :blush:

Awelyn: Yes, that's football. I wouldn't say it was a rough game, not as rough as Rugby. Our Rugby is about the toughest ball game we play here. Something like American Football, but no padding or visored helmets. Cauliflower ears, broken noses, thick lips. Lol!! Very attractive our rugger lads are. Built like brick *ahem* S-houses.

And I am also glad that your daughter kicked that moron into touch!! Hooray for that. And if she doesn't see now, she will soon.

MT: Wow, *does a somersault* it sounds as though you had a great time and welcome back, dear. *Stands with arms folded* I am presuming there are piccies to go with your tale....you can't had had so much fun and done such interesting things with Arry-baby .... and *not* photographed them!!! Lol!!

Vicarcat: Hope the weather improves for you, but I still like the image of the willow being sprinkled.

A-p-p-a-r-e-n-t-l-y, and between you, me and the gatepost, *we* in the UK are supposed to be going to have a mini heatwave. I am going to test out Swabby's instructions for the icy dragon breath. *breathes out....chunk, clunk ... watches as ice cube slides across floor* Yay!, swabby, my mate, it seems to work. *giggles*

Well, better get back to work, my fine friends. Lots of hugs :heart:
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 04:43
Dadgummit!! I had some pics on my computer at school, but obviously they didn't make it home via e-mail. :cry: I'll have to work on making that happen. But for now, here's Ara-baby preparing for the trip:www.photobucket.com/albums/v281/melianndoriath/Ara-baby/005_2A.jpg.
Hopefully there will be more soon.

Laundry to do, groceries to buy...guess I'll be a little "domestic" today. Feel the need to visit the beach. Although the shores of Lake Michigan were not as I had pictured them (thank goodness!), they were not like "my beach."
White shores are calling .......

Hugs to you all. Sooo glad to be back!

MT
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 05:20
Welcome back from your journey, my dear Shieldmaiden! I anxiously await your stories and pics! It's hard to believe Ara-baby is still in such great shape. Of course that is A "before" photo of him looking all shiney and unspoiled, what does he look like now? Are you sure you didn't have multiple copies of the flat hunky one made from some stain and chaffe-resistant material? If I had A Salma-baby and took it on A trek to see me old shipmates, I doubt there'd be anything left of it by now. I guess it's probable that your Middle Earth friends are A wee bit more civilized and self-controlled than my old sea-dog buddies. Swabby
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 06:48
Here here! That'll be enough of that! You two ladies have gotten entirely too silly! Silly songs about sports fanatics and missing trousers from some long forgotten age of vulgarities simply have no place here amongst us refined folks! I insist you stop it immediately! Hrrumph, hrrumph. And now, for something completely different, A man with three buttocks.

Hi everyone

Sorry Swabby we cant help it

Re Rugby I bet Ara-baby would be fabby at playing rugby as would dwarves (i think they were made for the game. Elves of course would think the whole thing silly and much too muddy

Have any of you read the very secret diary of Jack Sparrow (written in the style of the VSDs) - you can find it here.
http://viva-gloria.livejournal.com/95146.html

Its worth a look I found it hilarious.

Take care my friends and love and hugs to you all.

PS Old Tom where are you?

HT:heart:

swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 08:44
Rose and HT, I'm sorry I was forced to curtail your frivolity, but luckily for you, I'm A serious student of Monty Python and knew just how to do it. I hope Graham Chapman (wherever he is) was pleased with my performance. Major Swabby
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 09:03
Swabby...
looked at your photo and your about the size of a standard Half-Elven Ranger...
so poo poo on their being enoough for three of you in that body!

I heard you do art... how much will it cost me for some renderings of
Mirkwood Elf-homes?

Sigh... I'm hoping the plants are ready later today...

Will post more later! :wave:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 01:36
vicarcat stylin' photo. Who's the cutie with the beard? I cna see that your interes in Elves probably comes from being of Elven blood yourself. You have the fine facial features of that race.

Callë sorry about your hay fever. Yuck. Two of my sons suffer from allergies and they really can get uncomfortable.

Gathering of the Fellowship is a GO! I got confirmation yesterday that they are proceeding. Still looking for registrants, but I am hopeful. Will bring my camera and post some photos once they are processed. That probably won't be until after July 5th.

I will likely be incommunicado until then, Internet access involves parking near an electronics store and hoping that my laptop can snag a stray signal. Very unreliable. Will check in if and when I can.

OK, off to pack. We leave early Friday morning.

TTFN :wave:
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 03:01
:yawn: :sleepy: I'm just crawling in for a quick hi. One more day of class. My portfolio is completed except for one tiny piece which will be done in about 5 minutes. Yay. It's been one heck of a week. Good class though

I am now officially no longer and employee of my little school. In fact, my little school district is no more. :cry: The building's still there but the local control is gone. Even though I had prepared myself for months, I have to admit that my heart hurt a bit today. But I am one tough Hobbit and will soldier on! Especially after June and my classes are over! Listening to LotR music on the computer does make the time fly though.

Rosie, you just crack me up! I truly think you need to come and work with me. I could use some more laughs. You'd fit right in!

And MT, I LOVED your pic of Ara-baby. Gave me a fit of the giggles. I've been e-mailing my course work to my instructor and on the bottom of my e-mail it says Frodo Lives! She is evidently an huge fan as well. I didn't think there were any others besides me here on the PoG. It's nice to know I'm not alone. But today we were discussing the background for my laptop. Guess who figures prominently??? She said that she and her husband went to Hidalgo and A History of Violence for two reasons, they both like Viggo's acting (they didn't like HoV though. Disturbing she said) but that she just really liked looking at the King. ROFL I told her I knew JUST how she felt.

Well, I have the toothpicks holding up my eyes. I'll need to sleep all this weekend to recoup for next week...and the week after. :twitch:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 04:04
MTMS,I just laughed and laughed at Ara-baby. I could just picture you with him in the car and people giving you funny looks. He does look in great condition.

Rose, Scots is right you have a wonderful sense of humor. Rugby was the game I meant instead of football. Wasn't that singer( his last name is Stewart he has blonde hair and sang don't you think I'm sexy) a rugby player? So glad you will be able to help with the heat wave.

Neenime I am so glad it was not called off if I could afford it I would go but that is life. You have a good time on vacation.

Swabby you are so silly but sweet and you do make me laugh.

Scots, I am sorry but I know things will be better. When you can relax and take it easy. Goodnight.

Vicarcat have you gone to the gallery and seen Swabby's art? It is fabulous. I just love the drawings. If you haven't I urge you to see his and the other artist we have here. I also loved that site with the Elf drawings that you gave us. They were great.

HT I wonder where Old Tom is myself. I hope he is on vacation and not sick or something. I even PM ed him and I got no answer.
Hugs to you too.

I am reading LOTR again I am on TT and I am enjoying so much. I like the movies but I am in love with the book. I can't seem to put it down.
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 04:56
Awelyn, also reading LOTR. Amost finished FOTR today and will start on TTT probably tomorrow. Always gives me the urge to watch the movies again so watching them again now when I can manage to wrestle the TV controller from hubby.

MT, is so good to have you back and hear the tales from your trip. Enjoyed the photo of Ara-baby as well. Wrote a poem dedicated to all true shield maidens:

The Shield Maiden

Four wheels as her horse
she sets forth her course.

Traveling far and wide
Ara-baby at her side.

But alas, oh Lord
this lady wields a sword.

Defying any danger
bound to seek a Ranger.

For heart brave and true
she will ever pursue.

Spreading joy and mirth
throughout this Middle Earth.

When long last she will return
to her beach so warm.

The days seem to be flying by here. Enjoying lovely weather and gorgeous lake views and sunsets. Will try to post a photo of sunset soon as I get them loaded to computer.

Neenime, it is great news that the gathering is a go. Will think of you and look forward to seeing your photos and hearing all about it.

Really think someone needs to take Swabby along on one of these trips. How about a Swabbee Standee?

Have a great day/night everyone. Gotta run and get some exercises in before the day ends. :heart::love: :hug:
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2006 09:47
Wow... I asked Swabby how much for some of his renderings and he
vanished Poof!
Now what do I do? I haven't any Ranger Stew.... fooey! I'm almost 45,
I have acne, and I feel like a teenager with a foot in her mouth....

The plants have been ordered but haven't come yet so I weeded my plot.

I went to nightwatch, but came home early...
I did see a silver haired Elf there. Hard to tell if he was Half-Elven or Full-Elven
as he wore his long hair over his ears and almost to his waist... :blush:
I did give him a look but he was on his way out and he returned the look
through the front window after he went out the door...
I wonder if he'll be there tomorow night...

Curiosity Killed the Cat, and Satisfaction Revived It! Mew mew mew...

Unlike Calle both of my ears are round... and I haven't her fine figure either!

Nore do I remember the verses to any funny songs...
so I'm shot down there too!

Oh but I did get a confirmation that I have financial aid for fall term so I will finish my BA in Arts and Letters come September...

OK so I'm moody tonight... must be just too much goings on in one week!

That and I had no idea how to react to Ara-Baby :blush: I mean if Arwen fell for him then how could I resist him?

Then again I do have a very nice Half-Elven Ranger named Silverleaf right
across the room from me, and he did stay up til after I got home tonight
just to make sure I was OK... That and he is a good cook!
Am I spoiled? Yes I am!

Oh... the fellow in the photo with the beard is named Hank, he was
speaking at the conference, and everyone wondered who I was that I got
my photo taken with him! I forget his last name, he is retired military and
worked on some projects that Silverleaf worked on...

Hang in there Mary the summer classes are worth it for sure...

Hope everyones weekend is good...:love: And your travels smooth! :rolling:

awelyn418
Send Message
on: June 16, 2006 03:01
Mith, that was a very nice poem. I am reading TTT the part I am reading is the fall of Isengard I hope I spelled that right. I just love Treebeard and the Huorns are fascinating. I found that such an exciting read. How Treebeard handles Wormtongue is priceless.I will watch the movies with grandkids when they come the last of June. I will probably watch them before because the oldest one asks so many questions while the movie is running.

Vicar cat I don't know if Swabby does landscapes but I feel he is a wonderful artist. I know there are certain types of paintings that my son prefers not to paint. My son was into drawing but now it is his music. You do not seem moody to me but as much as you have on your plate I would say you have good reason.

I cut my finger day before yesterday and I think I should have had a stitch or two. It is very sore and about an inch long. Silly me I slammed it in my front door as I was coming out carrying a drink and a towel. I have to be more careful. Have a great weekend. I will post more later.
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2006 03:05
Vicarcat, ya got me! I was hoping to keep it secret, but now I'm busted, cornered like A possum! Ok, here it comes---- I sometimes exaggerate A little. Yes, yes, it's true. The swab-miester does, on rare occasions, stretch the truth A wee bit, but only in the interest of promoting good cheer all around. So, no, there aren't three of me and I'm actually sorta normal in size.
On the subject of my renderings--- I don't charge for my art. I was persuaded to do so back in the eighties and I still regret it. I am very reluctant to do commisions also. Money and art are unhappy bedfellows in my view. I have too many hobbies/interests and not enough energy to persue them all and still cook, grocery shop, mow grass, maintain two cars, etc. One of the dentist's assistants at the VA clinic I go to asked me recently if she could pay me to draw A picture of George Clooney for her 16 year-old niece who is very sick with brittle bone disease and I said I would, but for free. That is the first time I have said "yes" to anyone in years. I've had A messed up shoulder for A month that has caused me to take much longer than usual on my latest LotR drawing, but it's nearly done, and then I've got to start on Mr Clooney. If you are serious about me doing something for you, PM me and we can discuss it further. Also, as Awelyn pointed out, I don't do landscapes, just people.

Mith, your poem is super! I think you should submit it to fan creations, really. You could tweak it A little to make it more suitable for general consumption. It's just too good to not share with everyone, really.

Awelyn, I'm sorry to hear about your finger and thanks for saying I'm sweet. Boy, have I got you fooled! I try to be more sweet than sour, but I think I'm made out of lemons.

Happy Friday everybody! Swabby

There's A new, recent picture of me in the gallery. The others are A little bit old, methinks. I wear glasses but I took them off for the photo so y'all could see my beady eyes.

[Edited on 16/6/2006 by swabby]
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: June 16, 2006 08:29
MT, welcome back! :hug: Sounds that you had a marvellous time! I'm waiting for more pics of you and Ara-baby on a road trip!

And, Mith's poem is a hoot...

Have a nice Friday, everybody - the weekend's ahead... Although for me, tomorrow means packing, my younger daughter is leaving for a camp for a week on Sunday.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2006 09:24
So glad that the Gathering is going to happen, neenime. Please represent those of us who would love to be there but cannot. Pick up an extra camera, if you need to.

How wonderful to have a fellow Tolkien lover in your midst, scots, especially an Aradorer.:heart:

Think I'll re-read LOTR as well, awelyn. Please do be careful and not injure yourself. We care about you too much to let you do that again! et:

Who can help themselves from loving the King, vicarcat? I hold you blameless. Let's try not to talk about that Arwen person, now can we????

Saw those beady eyes of yours, swabby. I actually think they're quite "fetching". Be careful, your "rangerness" is showing.

More pics will come, morwin. I did have lots of unforgettable fun. Hope your daughter has a great time at camp and you enjoy a little peace and quiet.

Love the poem, mith. What a tribute! May I put it in my scrapbook? I will treasure it always!! You are a dear!! :hug:

Am now switching gears and preparing for the trip across the pond. Am leaving on the 25th for the Netherlands. What a globetrotter I am this year. Would like to shrink each of you down and put you in my pocketses.
Don't let me squash you, awelyn. No rangers spotted yet Mith, HT and Sindy. Is that you under the bag of peanuts, swabby? Now try to climb over them and look at the beautiful scenery, not the girls walking by! Is that smoke rising from my pocket or is it Rose? Did neenime's dancing wake her up? Whatever am I going with these FoF's???

MT
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email