<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans Over Forty ~ Part VII
on: June 16, 2006 06:56
Thanks for the compliment on my poem, Awelyn and Morwin. :hug:

Glad you liked the poem, MT. Just one of those spur of the moment things that pop into the head. Not intended for any great literary work or display but a fun tribute especially since I was unable to join you. Do feel honored you would want to save it. That is so cool you are going to Netherlands. You must be so excited.

Swabby usually when I get serious about writing poetry it is on the serious side and usually deep with some hidden meaning meant to be near impossible to decipher. One of those mood things for sure. Not that a true shield maiden would necessarily admit to knowledge of such things as moods. :angel:

A very warm day by the lake. Much more of this weather and I will brave the cool waters. Another gorgeous sunset tonight. Was reflecting a sparkling orange hue off smooth waters.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. :love::heart: :hug:
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 16, 2006 09:45
Ah Swabby it's happening again...
I see a Half-Elven Ranger guarding a Lemon Grove... with the ocean in the background!
And children running around shouting "He's Back He's Back!" :disco:
Sigh, I'm really gone this time! :blush:

I was trimming art pieces most of the afternoon then went to nightwatch...
it was a quiet night, with no silver haired Elf to be found [I hope he is ok].

Mt will you be near Utrecht? If so please take a photo there for me... thanks!

Ok I know I missed people I always do I wish You all a happy summer!

callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2006 01:08
ok..I am truly excited!! I just bought my tickets for the LOTR symphony in Glasgow for next Saturday. Didnt think I was going as it just wasnt in my budget, but I volunteered myself extra hours at work....long, long hours, and I'm exhausted, but it will be worth it. So my daughter and I are taking to train next Sat. I cant wait!
Neenime I am so glad the fellowship gathering is a go. I know you are excited. and MT...sounds like you and Ara-baby had a great time. It was nice to hear Ara-baby got his deserved recognition. Bet he got lots of stares...and why not, someone with such kingly and fine ranger looks would get lots of stares.
I hope you'll post on your travels to the eastern lands. We'll be looking for some great photos.
Swabby, looked at your pic...must say you are a very handsome ranger,(part hobbit, part elf...). I dont think you or Vivarcat give yourselves near enough credit.
Vicarcat, at 45 you are still a young elf...and already you have brought so much to our little fof group. we are honored by your presence young elf.
Mith..lovely poem..and in true shield maiden fashion...your moods and feelings only coming out in fine verse.
HT, the diary of JS is great...thanks for the link. ooh, not much longer till the new pirates film. Get to see my fine elf in his impression of a pirate.
Where oh where is OTB??? hope he's alright.
Hiya everyone else!!!
and for my fellow UKers...come on England!!! (football stuff)
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2006 01:27
For our purposes here, your light hearted poetry suits us just fine, Mith, and I still say you could submit it.

Well, we're heading for Memphis this morning. My son has been expressing A yearn to hear some good live rock n' roll so I'm hoping we might find that guy with the hot legs and sideburns in Memphis. If not him or Carl or Jerry Lee, maybe we can catch their modern day equivelants playing somewhere. I've heard that they're still playing the blues on Beal street, but I'll let you know. Hopefully, the motel/hotel will have internet access for the laptop so I can stay in the fray. If not, I may be missing untill about Wednesday. Have A great Saturday, folks! I'm going to Graceland, Graceland, Memphis Tennessee..........now where did I put those blue suede shoes? Swabby

Late entry----I'm so glad you're getting to go to the LotR symphony, calle, but I'm sorry your having to work like A dog for it. And gawrsh, you ladies make ol' Swabby's ears turn red talking about him so.

[Edited on 17/6/2006 by swabby]
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2006 02:52
OK..I am truly excited!! I just bought my tickets for the LOTR symphony in Glasgow for next Saturday. Didn't think I was going as it just wasn't in my budget, but I volunteered myself extra hours at work....long, long hours, and I'm exhausted, but it will be worth it. So my daughter and I are taking to train next Sat. I cant wait!

callë
I went to the LotR symphony in May in Denver, Colorado. It was awesome, and I'm sure you'll love it. Of course, I would have love it *more* if it had been in Glasgow! I would work like a dog and then some to attend it there.

My class is done. Got an A. Yay me! I truly worked like a dog this past week. The poor spousal unit didn't see much of me--and when he did, I was either going to the bathroom, grabbing something to eat, or heading towards the office to work like a house elf. But the class was great; I got a lot out of it which made it well worth my time.

I got my contract for the next school year at my new school in the mail yesterday. With anticipation, I opened it up and found...oops! They had shorted me 9 hours of graduate work. Eeek!! That translates to quite a bit of scratch. So on the phone to the business manager to see what they deal was. She said she couldn't't really figure out my graduate hours from my transcripts, so she guessed. :banghead: But on the bright side, she did say that she would retype the contract and send it out again after I told her that I had once more added up the hours and came to my BA+39 total. She really was very nice about it. I just wish I didn't have to mess with this stuff.

Mith and MT, I envy you being able to be next to the water. Next to the forest in the mountains, (maybe there is an elf hidden in this less than glamorous body after all!) by the ocean I would choose to live.

I had a nice long chat with the son yesterday. He's a funny guy. He is sending us boxes...plural mind you...of the Star Wars stuff that he's collected over the last year or so since being at this duty station. Before packing he took a picture and sent it to me. It covered his whole apartment floor! He's sending it to us because "he doesn't have room." Ahem!? Just where am I going to put it? Oh, yes, the Star Wars Room. *rolls eyes* Gotta love my boys.

Off for my morning constitution and rejuvenating walk--then to the hospital. My mom had a serious heart attack late Thursday night. She's stable but will be in the hospital for a bit yet. Thank goodness my oldest two sisters were there when it happened and were able to get her the medical attention that was needed. It's difficult to be a parent to a parent.

Swabby, Enjoy Memphis. I've never been there. The spousal unit has driven through...in the aftermath of Hurricane Isadora (?) in the fall of 2004. Needless to say, he didn't see much! LOL

Take good care all.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2006 03:49
Shieldmaidens get moody, mith??:cry:
Now what would make you think that?????

I'd like to change your vision of a half-elf ranger near a lemon grove to a scruffy faced dunedain ranger on the shores of Orange Beach, vicarcat. I keep searching each time I go, but haven't seen him yet.
Not sure if we'll go into Utrecht, but will take pics if we do. Son lives near Maastricht, in Beek. Think we'll be going into Germany a bit. At least that's my hope.

How wonderful for you calle to hear the LOTR symphony. That would be a supreme musical treat! Enjoy yourself royally.

Have safe travel to Memphis, swabby and enjoy your trip. Be sure to eat some good BBQ and try to hear a little blues as well as rock. I want a full musical report! Nothing as great as live music, especially if it's "kick @*& good!"

Knew you were a good student as well as teacher, scots. Congrats on the A. Would love to be sitting at the beach with you and Mith (and any other FoF's) at my side. The only thing to make it better would be a beach ranger with a cool drink.
I am sorry to hear about your mom's heart attack. Thank goodness she's doing well now. Isn't life at this stage a bit ironic? Our children still have "toys" for us to deal with while we visit our parents in the hospital.

MT

awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: June 17, 2006 06:25
Scots,sorry to hear about your mom but glad she is in stable condition. Congratulations on your A your hard work paid off. It is a good thing you caught that mistake.

Swabby you be careful on Beal Street I hear it is a tough area. Parts of Memphis by the river are so beautiful but then you have the slums area. I guess that is how it is with all cities. I have to go there July 12th because my dad is having surgery in one of the hospitals there. Don't eat any fried banana sandwiches. That was suppose to be a favorite of Elvis. I would say yuck. Have fun.

Calle ,good for you. Have a great time at the concert. I know you are excited. I will have to be content just listening to the CD's of the soundtracks.

MTMS, are you relaxing until your trip to see grandkids and son and daughter-in-law? I know you are excited and you will take photos I'm sure. Have a great time.

Vicarcat, how is the weather in your part of the state? Have a good weekend.

Have a great weekend everybody. OTB where are you?
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2006 07:28
OTB where are you?

Why here I am!

So we're on page 4 of a new thread, eh? Boy, am I ever late to this party! I guess I better have a few to catch up with all my merry friends!

:cheers:

Ah, nothing like a tall, frosty tankard of root beer to hit the spot!

I hope you all are fine, and haven't worried too much about Old Tom. No, Old Man Willow hasn't sung me to sleep. I've just been hopping over hills and singing merry songs in other parts of cyberspace. Thanks, Awelyn, for sending that little birdy to whisper in my ear.

Well, before it gets too hot, that is if it hasn't already, Old Tom needs to cut his lawn and tidy the front yard up a bit.

Take care! :wave:
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2006 08:23
Hi everyone

Old Tom to quote Frodo talking to Gandalf "I'm gald you're back!"

Calle Glad you liked the pirates diary I always think our dear Swabby has a little bit of Captain Jack Sparrow in him (although not the eyeliner!)

Football hmmm It has caused something of a stushie up here in Scotland because apparently if we don't support England we are being racist! I have no problem with England or the English - one of my Grandmothers was English but I think what gets us is that the BBC and the UK London based media which are after all covering 3 (4 if you count Northern Ireland) different nations seem to forget that there might be people who aren't English and who can have a different view. Anyway off my soapbox for that one it probably doesn't mean a lot to any of you on the other side of the ocean.

Take care all my friends

Love and hugs

HT:heart:
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2006 09:43
Whoa all kinds of things going on...

Scotty... I hope your Mom gets better soon heart trouble can be a real bear
to deal with especialy when it is a parent or spouse 'cause you can't help when you want too... Congrats on the "A" grade!

Calle ohh... enjoy that symphony after all you've earned it bigtime!

Awelyn... I hope your Dads surgery goes well.

Swabby... Rock n Roll forever!

MT... Ok where is orange beach on the map...? I know Orange County...
5 different types of citrus groves there... Oh does he have to be scruffy?
I mean, most Dunedain Rangers like to look good for their lady...
so maybe I should vision him after a soak in a hot tub?
That way his hair would be wet, or he could be just coming out of the
surf on the beach... with a surfboard under his arm...

HT can I still root for UK being I am in Oregon and all... ?

Hi Tom! Glad to see you are back! Know any songs for healing sunburns?

Sigh, it was sunny today and about 75*
I have a sunburn from wearing a top that didn't cover my collarbone...
I was only outside for an hour or so...
It will be cooler tomorrow about 68* so I will be more covered up...

I only got 2 miles in on my walk today will get more in tomorrow...

Don't know who I missed but sorry I am really bad with names!

callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 17, 2006 10:59
morning! and happy fathers day to OTB and Swabby.
Tom it sure is good to have you back. We've missed you.
Swabb, hope you have a grand ole time in Memphis. I have never been there but I went to Nashville once. Those Tenn. hills and mountains are really beautiful.
Scots I had to laugh about the Star Wars. My eldest son also has loads of Star wars stuff and guess who has to store it for him?? Well done on the 'A'. You should be very proud of yourself, and you set a fine example for your students to follow. I hope your mom is doing alright. Thank God your sisters were around to get her straight to medical care. Hopefully she makes a full recovery. The best thing is most hospitals have really good follow up on heart attacks with after care and rehab excercise programs to strenghten the heart.
Awelyn I hope your dad's surgery goes well. Is your husband getting around much now?
Vicarcat the best I know is the usual vinegar rinse and then cover with aloe for sunburn. Oh, and certainly you can support the England team.
HT, I understand. The Noldor, Vanyar and Teleri all elves that dwelt in the western shores, and yet each their own part of heritage. We are all UK ers over here, but each have our own special heritage that makes us unique. This Brit absolutely loves to hear the Scots accents though. Speaking of which, next weekend Preciousss Pip will be in Glasgow as well performing with his band.
Garo arad vaer! (have a good day)
awelyn418
Send Message
on: June 18, 2006 02:41
Oh, Calle, I love Billy Boyd's voice. I would love to see him in person.
I can't believe it but they have rescheduled my dad twice so I hope the July date will be the final date. He is in so much pain. He has a tumor in his ear it is by his eardrum reaching to his jawbone. He will have a team of five doctors.

Vicarcat, you are so inspiring about your walking. I wish I had some one to walk with daily. It would be easier for me to walk. Well, it is rainy and cloudy here but we really need the rain.

OTB, I am so glad you are back. Happy Father's day OTB and Swabby.

My husband and I are going on a mini-vacation. We are going to Fulton Mo. There is a church there that was designed by a British architect and it was brought over piece by piece from England to this town. A statue of Winston Churchill stands out front. It is very picturesque. I am a history buff ,any period so I am excited. We are leaving Tuesday or Wednesday.
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2006 05:35
*Switches the vacuum off and waves the duster at OTB* And about time too. Welcome back.

Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy, the convention Neenime. I really hope you get to meet Craig and plenty pics, please.

HT: I read something about that stupidity regarding the football. Good grief. *shakes head* I am sorry that Scotland didn't make it to the World Cup, nor Wales, nor Ireland ~ North or South. *sigh*. So I am left with England. I was born in England, but do not claim any English blood ~ hey am I being racist!! Rofl!! I don't think so! Lol!! Scottish, Irish and German blood flows through these veins, thank you.

No offense to any English blooded people, btw. :hug: Or any other type of blooded people. *tries to dig her way out of the hole* :twitch:

Anyway, *come on England* for what it's worth.

My favourite team is Brazil. Ronaldhino~yo~yo~yo. That man just lurves footy. And he's kinda cute, too.

Well, enough of football. :yawn:

I second the Happy Fathers Day to OTB and Swabby.

Scots: I was mortified to see about your mum. I am so glad she is in good hands and I wish her well. :hug: And sorry to hear that you still seem to be having problems, workwise. :hug:

Swabby: Enjoy your trip to the King's home.

Awelyn: I hope your Dad's surgery goes well. It must be awful for you to know he is in such pain. :hug:

I hope you and your hubby have a lovely vacation. A statue of Winston Churchill in America, mind you he was half-American, wasn't he. We have a statue of Abraham Lincoln, outside our office, in Manchester. The top part of that glass roof, you can see in the background, is where I work. You can imagine what a greenhouse it is when the sun shines.

ImageThe statue commemorates the support that the working people of Manchester gave in their fight for the abolition of slavery during the American Civil War. By supporting the Union under President Lincoln at a time when there was an economic blockade of the Southern States, the Lancashire cotton workers were denied access to raw cotton which caused considerable unemployment throughout the cotton industry. Extracts of President Lincoln's letter to the working people of Manchester, thanking them for their help are reproduced around this plinth.

calle: Hope you enjoy the symphony. As vicarcat says, you've earned it.

Hugs, to those I have not mentioned.

*switches vacuum back on and finishes cleaning the house*

balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2006 07:13
Hi everyone.

Hope everyone is having a good day.

Happy Father's Day to swabby and OTB.

scot: Congrats on the A. You have earned it. Sorry to hear about your mother. Hope she is feeling better.

Awelyn: Hope your husbands's surgery goes well and a speedy recovery.

callë: Have fun at the symphony. I know I enjoy listening to the CD's but hearing it in person should be excellent.

Work has been he** this week again. I wish I could have a week that just runs smoothly. Boss will be going to Thunder Bay, Ontario for about a week next month. Guess being second in line, I will have to pull up my pants and get dirty to the elbows. I'll help all I can when she is gone.

Well, I guess I better phone my father before he decides to take off for supper. He's in another province with my brother and you never know what could turn up with them two.

Talk to you all later and have a great week.

Namárië
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2006 03:09
Hello all, I won't write much because I'm on this strange laptop that's awkward for me to use. There were severe thunderstorms in Memphis last night which kept us from venturing out at all and this morning we just drove around lost and found all the bad neighborhoods. This afternoon we found ourselves in the quaint little town of Mountain View, Arkansas, nestled way up in the Ozark hills about 100 miles from everywhere. A geographical oddity, some would say. Airs of "O Brother, Where Art Thou" come from the town square as folks with guitars, banjos, dulcemers, etc. seem to gather here just to play for anyone who'll listen. A great little artist's colony if ever I saw one. We'll probably poke around here some more in the morning and then go on to Eureka Springs or back home, depending on how everyone feels.

Thanks so much for the Father's day wishes, everyone. Hope to be home soon and back on my own pc. Swabby
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2006 03:17
Scots, my best wishes for your mother's quick recovery. And congrats on the "A."

OTB, glad you're back! I feared you'd gone off to the barrow-downs and were hobnobbing with wights, perhaps playing Texas hold-'em.

I fear Swabby might return with blue suede shoes and a new hair-do!!!

Rosie, thanks for the history reminder. I knew that the North prevented the export of cotton through blockading but I had no concept that the cotton workers in England suffered from it or that it was commemerated by statues. That world economy thing isn't a new idea after all.

Might I say hurray for Italy for scoring a US goal in that football/soccer match thereby keeping us playing. THat's an ally!!!

Happy Midsummer's Day and happy anniversary Aragorn and Arwen!!! :love:

Sindy
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 18, 2006 05:20
Happy Fathersday!

My Dad was gone before I coud get to his house so I left a phone message...
He is probably off with Scott gone fishing...

Timberwolf was working at Saturday Market so I poped by there and gave him
a gray beret and a pin I had promised him...

Spent most of the day with Silverleaf... he's been downloading vr files most of
the time but I know he likes to bug me when I'm here...
His kids are busy with their children... so they didn't come by today.

I ran into a sister today that I hadn't seen since '93...
I've got to get a budget for her as she has less then I do...
and no aid from school to help with book costs... either.

Ah well I should not complain I've my health and Silverleaf's health is improving too...

I've gotten 7 more miles in walking today..
I do silent walks for meditation and the walks over a mile I count towards
the Eowyn Challenge...

I keep wanting to recreate Elven society here on Earth but how to fill in all
the little details is humongus in its scope
So I might have to do some heavy research over this summer just to get a
start on it! :dizzy: Any more hints or clues would be appreciated!

Sigh I am such a beggar.... :blush: well I best get back to my needlework.

[Edited on 19/6/2006 by vicarcat]
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2006 03:54
Great hearing from you, Old Tom! Know that you were missed. Makes us feel better knowing that you, "Eldest", are amongst us.

I fear for swabby's safety on this trip of his. I hope he idoesn't get turned into a toad!

Hope that your trip is fun, awelyn. You've been busy taking care of hubby and next in line is your dad. Kick up your heals a bit and blame it on me! :disco:

Thanks for the mid-summer's day wishes, sindy, but do we have to have references to that elvish woman whose name begins with A ?????

Orange Beach is a wonderful community located in southern Baldwin County in the state of Alabama. It once was filled with orange orchards and is now mainly for tourists, retirees and a few locals. It's about a 30 minute drive from my house and it's my favorite beach. Will try to find a link to show you it's supreme beauty. Like your image of a beach ranger, vicarcat, especially with a surfboard under his arm.

MT
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2006 04:00
Orange Beach sounds so beautiful, MT. The sand is not as fine or clean on many of the northern beaches. Yet they both have their own beauty, would definitely choose the softest sand for walking and sunning.

Swabby, good to know you are having fun. Had a taste of that years ago when we were in Arkansas for a bit. Was really cool to be able to experience the good ole' boys jamming together. So don't worry, MT, he's in good hands.

Another awesome sunset tonight. More of a deep royal blue with golden yellows and some orange. It stormed and rained for awhile before but cleared up just in time for the sunset. :love: Such beautiful displays of nature's beauty.

Great to hear from OTB again. We like to know you are safe and sound at least every now and then.

Awelyn, have a wonderful time on your trip. You deserve to take it easy and relax a bit.

**Looks South a bit** hi Sindy! And I'm going to second the vote to omit references to the said elvish gal who thinks she's got the Ranger. What say you, HT?

Balrog, hope your work eases up.

Hi and :hug: to everyone, won't risk listing as would probably forget someone.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: June 19, 2006 04:48
Hi Sindy,Happy Midsummer's Day to you.

Thank you all I will have a good time and I will take pictures to show you if Belle or Rose will help me. Speaking of Belle I have not seen her post in awhile. Oh, Belle where are you?

Mith, I know what you mean I have been to Pensacola,Florida where the beaches are white and to St,Augustine where the beaches are grey and they both have their own beauty. I have a lake 16 miles from my home and it has its own beauty too.

MTMS,
That sounds so pretty and I bet Swabby is having so much fun. When do you leave for the Netherlands? I will kick up my heels and say MTMS told me to, do you mind.

Vicarcat,You need a medal for your dedication to walking.

Swabby you be careful but have fun.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2006 07:28
Hi everyone.

Just a short note to say that I got another job. I will keep my job with the deli. Gotta pay the rent somehow. I will be selling lottery tickets in the mall where I work. At least it is a sit down job. My old knees aren't what they used to be. Plus I also need life insurance at my age. Don't have none. Better think of my future if I'm going to live. I will be able to put some money away to retire.

Well, I'm off to bed. Going to the Gala tomorrow. I will be shopping for more LOTR books while I'm in the bog city. Need to expand my collection. Leaving at 7AM. I got dibs on the back seat so I can :sleepy:

Everyone have a great day tomorrow.

Namárië
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 19, 2006 10:49
Ah well, I'll have to give up that walking medal as I was too busy to take
a long walk today...
I was on the computer deep in photoshop or out in the garden...
I had to get the work done today as I am going to Dad's tomorrow,
Ashley [my niece] is up from California and will be at her Grandpa's all
day... so I will probably spend my afternoon there. :love:

Orange Beach... north of Florida and south of the Carolinas...
I have a fuzzy picture of that coast... :dizzy:
hmm will stick to oranges, surfboard and Ranger+ MT....
I can vision that but MT has to go to the beach...

Gotta go to bed... :yawn:

Hope everyones tuesday is good! :cheers:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 06:14
I wanted to let you all know I will be on my mini-vacation tonight and I will be back Friday. I will miss you all if I get to a computer when I am gone I will drop you a post. I will miss you all. You are like my second family. Actually I am leaving in 3 hours I have alot of packing so I had better get to it.
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 08:18
Hi everyone

To all of you on your travels - safe journey.

Balrog - Good Luck with the new job - you do work hard.

After all the talk about snakes and other critters I thought you might like to look at this which was reported in a paper over here but must have come from your neck of the woods

http://www.kamera.com/content/anm/US_Bear.asx

Happy midsummer to you all in the western hemisphere.

Love

HT:heart:
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 08:58
Soooo that's what a bear does in the woods, HT. For some reason I had another idea, but I like this one better! Didn't see any rangers lurking about??

It is your responsibility and duty to kick those heels up, awelyn. You are now "duly deputized" to be a free spirit and lover of good times and frivolity. Now go for it!
We're leaving on Sunday to go to the Netherlands. Pray for me, as I have 3 take-offs to make it through.

Smart gal, balrog, to plan ahead for your future. Hope the new job won't be taxing. You work so hard already. You are also "duly deputized" to enjoy yourself.

Here's a link to help you visualize, vicarcat :www.cityoforangebeach.com. Click on the visitors and tourism link and you'll see what I'm talking about!!

Love and hugs to all FoF's! :hug:

MT
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 12:18
Now that's a bear that knows its creature comforts! :sleepy: ROFL

I've never met a bear up close and personal, but I have met a moose though. Those things are intimidating to say the least. You just can't imagine until you see them in the wild. They are something to behold.

It's hot and windy here on the PoG. Ahh, life as usual.

Take good care.
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 12:53
That's my kind of bear, HT! He or she just wanted to get comfy and take a nap. :sleepy: The Rangers had no use for the hammock as there were none of us true shield maidens around.

Orange Beach is breathtakingly beautiful. Thanks for sharing, MT. Wish we lived closer so I'd have a beach buddy. Anyways, added the site to my favorites in my scenic destinations folder. Just never know, some day my path make take me there. :disco:

Got any room in the trunk, Awelyn? Just kidding, but sounds great to get away for a few days. Enjoy every minute.

Hope it all works well for you Balrog. It is definitely a smart thing to do. And may you manage some time for yourself as well.

Vicarcat your life sounds busy but fun and interesting. Lots of variety.

Now where is that sailor boy? :wave:
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 04:24
Never fear my dear ladies, for the Swabb-miester has never left you. I have been SNEAKING about, reading your posts from afar. Some might call it "lurking", but it felt like "sneaking" to me. I actually wrote A substantial post from A Memphis hotel room last Saturday night, only to have it hurled into nothingness by the stormy weather.
About Memphis--- it did not go well. Part bad weather, part bad planning and part me being unable to find things in an unfamiliar city. A result of insufficient homage to the god aman-ra-jerry-lee, no doubt. I did manage to find A very large graven image of the king and A fancy waitor with A strange accent who brought me A very mediocre hamburger for only $11.00 (plus tax)
No blue suede shoes. No Sun Studio. Oh, here's A tip for you, Awelyn. They have no protected left turn lights. They have left turn lanes and you sit there waiting for your green arrow, but ---fooled ya! Haha! You're on your own sucka!
Going back A few posts---How sweet of you to worry about me being turned into A toad, MT. I did my best to find some sirenes who'd love me all up and turn me into one, but failed to find them as well.

I'm sorry I haven't addressed all of you but my dna seems to be unraveling and I've got to find that duct tape. Swabby
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 06:25
I bet that bear left wondering how Rangers get to sleep in that hammock without falling out of it! LOL!

Had to reschedule the visit with Dad as Ashley's plans changed...

The plants from Portland Nursery should be in the garden tomorrow but
I've an appointment so I won't get to them until thursday...

I got 4 miles in today... on the way back home three different groups of
people asked me for money and I don't have any to give them...

Silverleaf will be 65 tomorrow... wish I had a present for him.... I've no
money for that either...

Good travels everyone! :wave:
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2006 08:53
just a quick hi to all. I'm off to work shortly.
Mith I love sunsets, can stare at them for hours. Today is the longest day of the year and the sun rose at 4:12 this morning in the UK. It wont set til 10:10 or near bouts. Looong, lovely summer days.
MT, I had a look at that link. Orange beach looks beautiful. I could see why it could attract a ranger.I imagine a ranger, bare chested and riding horseback along that beach at sunset. ah yes, it is a beautiful sight!
umm, Balrog...could you pass me the winning lottery ticket please???
Awelyn, hope you have a nice relaxing mini trip. You deserve it. we will be looking for photos. You need time to unwind and I will stil ptay for your dad's upcoming surgery.
SNEAKY SWABBITSES!! aaww, sorry your trip wasnt what you hoped for. Still, family time cant be replaced so at least you have that. And you learned about the traffic lights in Memphis!
Vicarcat, I sooo dream of an elven society on earth. When Balrog sends that winning lottery ticket, we'll start building it.
As creative as you are I am sure you will create a wonderful day for Silverleafs birthday. Nothing speaks more than time spent planning a special day, and money cant touch that.
Off to work...have a good day everybody!
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 02:44
Well done Balrog on your new job. It's always best to have a little something as a buffer and something put aside for the future.

HT: That video cracked me up. Thank you so much. It certainly brought a smile to my face..and I need one at work. Lol!!

For fear of boring you all to a standstill and repeating myself, can I just say that I am still pulled out at work. :cry:

I *actually* thought I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, ... errrm nope!! It was a truck and the way it hit me with more work, I thought ... should I stay here on the ground. :twitch:

Anyhoo, I had better get on. Humungous hugs to everyone and a little bit extra for those I haven't mentioned.

Ta ta, take care *disappears under a mound of typing*
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 04:55
Thank you all for the warm welcome. Old Tom didn't go anywhere, he was just taking a break one might say. In fact, I started visting this sight while taking a break from another Tolkien-themed messageboard.

Thanks, too, for the Father's Day wishes. However, Old Tom does not resemble his namesake in appearance only: Old Tom and Goldberry have no Little Tom's or Little Goldies. We now have, however, a little niece of 3-months named Keira. She's a blue-eyed blonde like her parents (my wife's brother and his pretty lady). Keira's a pretty little thing, and we look forward to seeing her grow into a fine young lady.

I feared you'd gone off to the barrow-downs and were hobnobbing with wights, perhaps playing Texas hold-'em.
Playing Texas hold-'em with Barrow-wights? What a curious notion!

Nay, Old Tom does not play games of chance. Besides, if I wanted some gold from the barrow horde I only need to sing those ol' wights into oblivion!

Actually, Old Tom and his pretty lady do have a baby...an "Ara-baby", that is, or King Elessar I should say. I've been after a sold-out statue of the King of Arnor and Gondor for a few years now and finally found one at a decent price. (Our bedroom is King Elessar/Queen Evenstar themed, so this was the perfect item to compliment the other things we've purchased.)

Feast your eyes!

scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 10:09
Awesome pictures, OT. A truly lovely little lady and that statue of the King...what more can you say? :love::love:

Bounces off to visit my mom.

Take good care all!
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 10:38

I am relieved that you haven't been turned into a toad, swabby. Guess that's the up-side of not being swept off your feet by "sirens".

What a precious niece you have there, Old Tom. Nieces are really fun to spoil and indulge and then give back to their parents....kinda like grandchildren.
LOVE :heart::love: that staute of King Elessar. I would never leave it's side if it were life-sized.
"Where's MT? Haven't seen her in days." "Don't you know? She's standing next to this statue of King Elessar and she won't leave it for a moment!" "I've seen her drag him through the strore. Don't know HOW she got him in the car."

Am transferring some pics of the Michigan moot to my photobucket account to share with "interested parties." They're going into my "Ara-baby" album. Will give the link when I'm done.

Hugs to all!! :hug:

MT
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 12:48
Hello, Hello, Hello! It's ages since I've popped into FoF. I have been on the computer but not here.
Balrog: Congrats on the new job.
Scots56: Kudos for getting (in the process) your Masters Degree.
Rose: So sorry about the "truck" that hit you. Just when you think your caught up, BAM! work strikes at you again. Hope your fingers fly and your work goes by speedily.

Happy Mid-Summer's Day to everyone! It's sunny and beautiful here. The weather is not too hot or too cool. Around 80 so that's comfy. The grass is growing and the flowers are blooming. The birds are busy having a discussion outside the window and the wind is blowing just enough to make the chimes tinkle. Life doesn't get much better than that --and it's all free.

I have missed you all and hope that you are well.
Brandywine
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email