Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Post Fans over Forty ~ Part VIII
on: August 23, 2006 09:02
Wow! 600 posts in the last thread already! Heh... Here we are again with a new thread for the FoFers. I will try to post my granddaughter's pic in the Gallery under Belle's grandbaby. Heh.. For anyone around that remember my daughter (Furry Footed Nerf Herder) and her hubby (Bragoleth), the little one has been born into a CoE/LoTR family! LOL... Now, on to our regularly scheduled program.
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part VIII
on: August 23, 2006 09:32
Hi everyone

Wow! Aren't we chatty?

BTW I think Aragorn is scruffy but I don't think he is quite as bad as in Swabby's poem. Of course I could have a lot of fun bathing him...

So here is another question ..how could you tell which man or elf had been in your bath? Apart form the obvious ring of grime from a filthy Ranger?

Going off on a tangent here..

"The ring of grime must be destroyed by the bathroom cleaner of doom!"

I think I had better go before I get even sillier!

Love and Hugs

HT:heart:

swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 11:32
Silly is good, HT. At least, from my standpoint it is. Now I know how to tell if an elephant is in the tub with you---you'll smell the peanuts on it's breath, but how you would tell which ME male character had been in the tub with you---well, that's a little more complicated. I can only assume that a neked ME fellow had been in the bath with a neked female FoF member, but is now gone. past tense. Yes, the ring around the tub could be an important clue, so could any smells that linger, but the most important clues would be what sensation and where on the female body said sensation was lingering. Unless the manly men, elves, wizards and dwarves of Middle Earth think that being neked in the tub with a neked woman is a fine time for a back scrubbing, there was a whole lot of sloshing going on. You'd know who it was alright. Swabby
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 01:54
If a ranger had sneaked into my tub without my knowledge,(dadgummit!!) I'm sure there'd be some "ring around the tub." He'd leave behind the smell of pine, outdoor air and sunshine behind him....and a large smile on my face if I found him.:love: (no, you can't have that towel!)

There'd be little swan shaped elvish boats left in the bottom of the tub where elves had bathed. Maybe a water lilly and some candles could also be found in or around the tub.

I've heard that hobbits like to splash alot, so there'd be puddles and wet towels around the bathroom when they left.

Do dwarves take a bath???

After the wizard left, there would be empty bottles of potions for bathing laying alongside the tub edge. I imagine monogrammed towels there awaiting his wizardly personage.

Where is that scruffy ranger?? I'd like to take some soap, water and a tub to him. Might take a while if he's realllly dirty.:evil:

MT
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 02:49
:disco: Whoo! Hoo! Another 600 posts. My, my, my, but we are a chatty group, now aren't we??

Neenime: I loved your picture! Lovely, just lovely.

Rangers and elves in the bath?! Oh, my!

Of course, that would have to include a KING sized tub would it not? :drool: :naughty:
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 02:58
Like a Phoenix or the Great Pumpkin, Sindarin arises from her classroom....

No, I haven't been overwhelmed yet by new administrators, new students, or the useless computer sitting on my desk at school that needs to be "reimaged." Scots, I hope you are faring so well.

Actually the orklings look to be a better lot this year.

Neenime, a beautiful picture! I can feel the warmth of the sun and the cool lake breezes!

Swabby, I am so tired I fear if I were in a bath with a Ranger or an elf or a Gondorian nobleman or even all three, I might just fall asleep and slide under the water, needing to be revived by all of them...mouth-to-mouth resusitation. :evil:

Tootles! Must run off to bed. It's nearly 9:00 and this elf needs her sleep.

Sindy

[Edited on 24/8/2006 by sindarinelvish]
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2006 07:18
Well lets see; if it was a Ranger then at least two wet towels on the floor
or draped over the side of the tub and half the bar of Ivory Soap gone
from scrubbing the dirt off...
and most of the Orange Shampoo gone.

if it was an Elf then there would be one less swan saop in the dish,
less of the Lavender Shampoo and some of the Pine Bubblebath would
be gone, and there would be no ring around the tub because said Elf
would clean the tub after using it... and one wet wash cloth and a bath
towel would be hanging on the towl racks to dry.

a Hobbit or even two Hobbits would use the glycerine soap and the
Orange shampoo but not the bubble bath because Pine and Orange
don't mix well, and they would clean the ring off of the tub and hang
the bath towel on the side of the tub.

A dwarf would use the shower and clean up with the Mountain Mist Shower-gel, put the towel on the towel rack on the shower door...
then fire up the hot tub and soak all those sore muscles there
while nibbling on cheese mushroom pizza...

Meanwhile I would be laying out the coldcuts on the table for supper...
After all hungry guests need to be fed after they get cleaned up.
Even if they do nibble pizza in the hot tub...

Sigh I'm dreamin again...
'twas almost as good as waking up in Elrond's rose garden...

Could wish I had the house to go with the hot tub.

I hope everyone is having a good if tiring week... work being what it is. :hug:
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 04:01
I think I could have guessed that Sindy, HT and MT's bath time visions would have been pretty hot. I think whoever found himself in their tub would get the royal treatment and then some. And if Vicarcat was there with her amazing array of toiletries, the lucky recipient would surely be squeaky clean.

Neenime, that's a good picture of you. I finally got a peek at your generous dimensions! If you had a tail fin I'd say you looked a lot like a mermaid sunning on a rock! (I cracked a lot of keels because of them)

You know, I'll bet if you cleaned Gimli up and shaved off his beard, he'd look like Mickey Rooney. I can't imagine a dwarf taking a bath, can you?

What kind of gift should you give a Middle Earth fellow on his birthday? A book? A new whet stone? What say ye? Swabby
Melianmaia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 05:20
I wouldn't have thought dwarves shower or bath, They do look quite smelly........come to think of it all the mortal men looked like they need a good scrub. Hope you have lots of soap Vicarcat.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 05:27
Wow - if we're on version VIII, that means we have logged some 4200 posts since the inception of this thread! And you thought Hobbits were chatty!!!

Thanks for the kind comments about the photos. I wish you could all be there with us on the rocks, hearing the lake water lap gently, feeling the cool breeze and the warm sunshine on your faces. Maybe some day.

Well, I think you've all covered the bath business pretty thoroughly. Have nothing useful or even witty to say about that.

A gift for a ME fellow? Hmmm, depends on the fellow. For an Elf, I might take the time to hand-copy a parchment from Elrond's library or what's left of the library at Osgilath. Perhaps I would compose a poem and accompany its reading on the harp (if I could play one).

For a Man of Gondor - a lovely new sword or a well-padded, strong helmet. In peaceful times, an attractive new tunic.

For a Hobbit -some red currant jelly, my special cranberry-lemon scones and a good bottle of wine.

For a Dwarf - shiny rocks to be tumbled into gems suitable for mounting in a nice setting. Or perhaps some pipe tobacco and a lovely new pipe.

For a Ranger - an oilskin cape to keep him dry in wet weather. Some soft lining for his boots. Ointment for those cuts and scrapes that he gets on the road.

[Edited on 24/8/2006 by Neenime]
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
jessamyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 10:56
Hi Everyone, Long time since I hit this site, nearly two years I think. But I'm back for good, along with a new computer. Am now retired from the movie business, and done with travelling. I have a new granddaughter, just 3 months old and the light of my life. Trying to catch up with whats been happening. Do we have an obsession with bathing going on, or what! Scots 56 have you been back to Kilravock yet? Hope someone out there remembers me. Need to catch up with some hardcore LOTR fans.
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 12:45
The sound of leathery wings and the dragon lands.

Hi Jessamyn. I certainly do remember you. Welcome back. Congrats on your new granddaughter.

Blows kisses to everyone, stepping over large puddles of bath water, spreads wings and heads back to the Misty Mountains.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 04:04
Squee! Jessamyn! Yay! Missed you! So glad you're back. I have a new granddaughter, too, but she's not even 3 wks old yet. I flew to Denver to visit her when she was not even 12 hrs old, but could only stay the weekend. Still, I'm going to be driving the middle of next month to stay for 2 wks. Wish they weren't so far away. *sigh* Glad to have you back.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 04:04
Jess! Welcome back, you wonderful FoF-er you! I have missed you and often thought of you and where you might be in the world. I for one am very glad you're back! And no, :cry: I haven't been back to Kilravock yet. The spousal unit says that he'll take me there for a longer stay for our 30th. That's only 3 years away. I'll need to start saving my pennies now!

And Rose, I *thought* I heard those dragon wings whisper over my head today! Glad to see you back in the fold as well. Don't stay away for so long this time. Huggles to you.

Well, it's beddy-bye time for me again. I've just spent the last hour putting grades into my electronic online gradebook. Pretty cool program if'n I do say so myself. Now I don't have to wait to do it at school. It will follow me everywhere. Wait! :dizzy: :twitch: is that a good thing or not?!
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 04:31
Hello Jessamyn, I don't know you but from Scots and Belle's and Rose's reaction you were once a wonderful part of this forum so welcome back.

Rose I have missed you. I am glad you are back if only for a short flight.

Belle, I bet with each passing day you are getting more and more excited about granddaughters visit. Have a good time.

Hello Neenime yes we are really chatty but we have lived longer and have more to say.

My gifts-a song for an Elf, an abandoned cave for a dwarf, Hobbit a basset hound puppy they are short dogs and love to eat.
Rohan man,new saddle,Gondor you can't go wrong with a new sword or a horn to blow. A ranger- a new sword sheath .

Have a good night.:heart:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 04:42
Hello Sindy, Swabby what thought provoking questions. Hello Melian. How are you, I love your tree. Hi MTMS, how is school? Hi Cat. I just realized I can see all the posts if I left someone out I am sorry. So, hello to all the FOF clan.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 06:21
Yet another continuation thread for the FOF and still fantasizing about Ara-baby. Some things never change.

I've heard that hobbits like to splash alot, so there'd be puddles and wet towels around the bathroom when they left.
Aye, and they sing while they're doing it!

Sing hey! for the bath at close of day
that washes the weary mud away
A loon is he that will not sing:
O! Water Hot is a noble thing!

O! Sweet is the sound of falling rain,
and the brook that leaps from hill to plain;
but better than rain or rippling streams
is Water Hot that smokes and steams.

O! Water cold we may pour at need
down a thirsty throat and be glad indeed;
but better is Beer, if drink we lack,
and Water Hot poured down the back.

O! Water is fair that leaps on high
in a fountain white beneath the sky;
but never did fountain sound so sweet
as splashing Hot Water with my feet!

vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2006 09:50
Tom, what a lovely song... may I use it on a scroll above my bathtub?

Jessamine congrats on the new grandchild!

Neenime forgot to post on how nicy you look in that photo...

Oh and I have a definate collection of soaps...
now I just need the shower and hot tub to go along with the bathtub.

Gifts...
For Hobbits a basket of preserves a mix of cheeses and perhaps
wines or sherries...
For Dwarves a collection of jewels or metals in the purest state
I could get.
For Rohrim a fine set of tack for their horse or themselves.
For Gondorians a nice tapestry or piece of furniture depending
on the person.
For a Ranger their choice of gear or garb made to their specifications.
For Elves a seat on a ship sailing west or another way to the
Undyinglands if no ships were to be found.
Or the healing of all hurts to their souls depending on which they desired.

Sigh, I dream again...
Well best make true what part of the dream I can...
Tomorrow is friday... TGIF Happy weekend everyone! :hug:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: August 25, 2006 02:51
Vicarcat that song is from the LOTR, The Fellowship of the Ring section page 99 so you don't have to ask Old_Tom-Bombadil's permission.

Hello Old_Tom_ Bombadil. it is so good to read your post. We talk of other things besides that famous ranger. I have posed this ? a couple of times and I would like your opinion. Why do you think Tolkien had the relationship between Arwen and Aragorn end the way it did? I mean Aragorn seems like he thinks Arwen can still go to the Havens and it sounds like Aragorn has a choice when to die. I finished LOTR for the third time and now I want to go back and slowly do a study.
I wish I could see a clip somewhere of Patrick Stewart as Aragorn. I don't think he would have done such a good acting job. He is a good actor too. Did you see our phantom dragon fly by over your head?

I have to head for work but at least it is Friday. I'll try to drop by later.

Tolkien
Some people think Tolkien writes childish things.

But I am here to praise The Lord Of the Rings.

To me it is great literature and a true work of art.

One that touches me and opens up my spirit and heart.

The love he writes about can never be stopped or lost.

And at times it is bought with a great cost.

Tolkien is a marvel what more can I say.

I will praise his works to the end of my day.

This is in celebration of our 600 posts.

:heart:
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2006 11:20
Lovely verse written in honor of our many postings, awelyn. What a talented gal you are!!
School is draining my strength and sanity, though I think things are a wee bit better today. Maybe I'm adjusting to my "wacko" enviroment. :rolling:

Nice to meet you, Jessamyn!! :wave:

Love the hobbit bath poem, Tom. It ran through my mind many times as I was taking cold showers during my mission trip to Haiti.

Gifts, now swabby ?? Let's see. I believe that I would sing a song or recite some "lays" for Legolas, Elrond, Glorfindel and the others after a meal in the Hall of Fire in the Last Homely House.
A beautifully wrought silver flagon of ale would be a fine gift to Boromir or some other Gondorian fellow.
For Eomer, it would be a tapestry depecting historic moments of Rohan.
Gimli would appreciate a beautiful sleeve of crystal to place Galadriel's hair in and a necklace to hang it from.
The gift for Aragorn????? ME !!!:love:

MT
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2006 11:21
Lovely verse written in honor of our many postings, awelyn. What a talented gal you are!!
School is draining my strength and sanity, though I think things are a wee bit better today. Maybe I'm adjusting to my "wacko" enviroment. :rolling:

Nice to meet you, Jessamyn!! :wave:

Love the hobbit bath poem, Tom. It ran through my mind many times as I was taking cold showers during my mission trip to Haiti.

Gifts, now swabby ?? Let's see. I believe that I would sing a song or recite some "lays" for Legolas, Elrond, Glorfindel and the others after a meal in the Hall of Fire in the Last Homely House.
A beautifully wrought silver flagon of ale would be a fine gift to Boromir or some other Gondorian fellow.
For Eomer, it would be a tapestry depecting historic moments of Rohan.
Gimli would appreciate a beautiful sleeve of crystal to place Galadriel's hair in and a necklace to hang it from.
The gift for Aragorn????? ME !!!:love:

MT
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2006 03:52
Why do you think Tolkien had the relationship between Arwen and Aragorn end the way it did? I mean Aragorn seems like he thinks Arwen can still go to the Havens and it sounds like Aragorn has a choice when to die.
I'd like to discuss Aragorn first. As you all know, Aragorn was a Dúnedain, a descendent of the men of Númenor. It was the practice of the Númenorian kings to yield the crown to their eldest son and give up their lives before they became frail and feeble. Aragorn was following this practice. He lived for over 200 years before giving up his life.

Arwen’s motivation is a little more complicated, I think. She was strongly identified with Lúthien, her great-great grandmother. (Arwen was the daughter of Elrond, who was the son of Elwing, who was the daughter of Dior, who was the son of Lúthien.) Lúthien is held to be the most beautiful of the Children of Ilúvatar (the “All-Father”, or God). Arwen is believed to bear a close physical resemblance to her.

Like Lúthien, Arwen married a mortal man. Lúthien died from grief when her husband Beren died from injuries sustained in pursuit of the Silmaril. However, she pleaded for and was granted the ability to join Beren in the hereafter. (I’m skipping a lot of details. You’ll need to read The Silmarillion if you want the full story.) I believe that Arwen chose not to go the Undying Lands because she wanted to join Aragorn in the hereafter. If she chose the path of the Elves, they would have been separated for eternity.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: August 25, 2006 04:14
Thank you MTMS,I was in a creative mood today. I am glad things are a wee bit better for you. On my lunch hour driving home there was a lady with a license plate that read ELF. It made me smile. You find Middle Earth in the strangest places.

Old_ Tom_ Bombadil. I thought after Arwen decided to be mortal that she did not have a choice that she could never go to the Havens. Oh, now I understand about Aragorn because I was getting a little angry with him. I understand now about them both .Thank you for clearing that up for me.
jessamyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2006 05:13
Thanks everyone for the really cheery welcomes. Feels almost like a shindig at the party tree! What a creative lot you are. I loved that poem Tom. How about some music to go with it. I'm not the most musical soul in the world, so are there any composers out there.

Got to admit, I really missed that one when I read The Sil. I always figured Arwen would live forever and wander through the woods of Lorien mourning Aragorn. That answer really makes a lot of sense. Thanks Tom.

Awelyn, thanks for the verse. I try to write verse sometimes, but get frustrated and it ends up in the trash can.

Has anyone here seen the LOTR musical? Two of my friends were lucky enough to get free tickets. They said the sets (my interest), the special effects etc., were fantastic, but the acting left a lot to be desired.

Gifts hmm!

The hobbits - Apple Pie, Good beer and a pipe of old toby
The Rangers - A fast horse and a really good sword
The Elves - Don't they already have everything?
The Orcs - Lets treat them to a day at a really good beauty salon
The Gondorians - A ton of polish for the armour
The Rhohrim - Well I do like a man on a really nice horse. So just wrap me in a horse blanket (maybe a bit too smelly) and gift me to Eomar :naughty:
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2006 08:44
Hi everyone. Nice to see another thread. :disco: :cheers: :rolling: :hug:

Hi jessamyn. I do remember you. The last we heard you were off to New Zealand, I think. But it is nice to have you back. You will have to tell of you travels sometime.

I would like to thank all the people for the condolences. I'm trying my hardest to keep these people up with laughter.

Nice to see Rose fly by and stop for a bit of fresh air for her lungs.

Hi Tom. I almost didn't recognize that piece of poetry. Guess I will have to re-read the LOTR again.

I think we have covered all the gifts for everyone. I could not come up with anything. Mind you I do have a few ideas for Gondorian Men. :naughty:

I got new books in the mail on the HoME. They are great. I can now do more research on the elves. I'm doing a genealogy on them. Lots of paper. Must get it on computer.

Loved the pic, neemine. It did remind me of the 60's. I remember some of those pics on records or watching Laugh-In with Goldie Hawn. Remember her? Now that's going down memory lane.

Well, I have to go to bed. :sleepy: :yawn: Talk to you all later.

Namárië
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2006 11:38
I'm just dropping in for a minute...

Do Dunedin like Bvlgari Bathwash?
I do hope so...
I got some today as the Ivory Soap
seemed like I was cheaping out on them....
Who me cheap out on a Ranger? Never!

Saturday already... time for a nap! :yawn:

Oh Timberwolf got his new hours, 8 on Tuesday and 8 on Friday...
along with the normal hours on Saturday and Sunday... :disco:
That makes his life a bit better...

Happy Weekend Everyone! :hug:
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2006 03:32
Greetings , jessamyn! So you've returned to us after the turning of many tides? I hope you weren't "delayed" like Gandalf.

Congratulations on that grandchild, Belle! Did she get your ravishing good looks?

Is that a new avatar, Awelyn? I like it. I liked your cool poem also. I've never understood all that immortality stuff about the elves. I guess I should get someone to explain it to me. I'm already going bad at 58, I can't imagine how spoiled I'd be at 158. Peeee-yuuuu, throw that out!

Old Tom and Rose, it was nice of y'all to stop by. Vicarcat, I'd like for you to give me a bath. When you've got me all scrubbed up, call in the "Ranger Adoring Maidens" (RAM) so they can give me that special treatment. I am part Ranger, ya know. Have a great weekend! Swabby

[Edited on 26/8/2006 by swabby]
awelyn418
Send Message
on: August 26, 2006 05:04
Yes, Swabby it is a new avatar. Thank you I like it too and I am glad you liked my poem. One thing about Tolkien is he gets you thinking about his book. You read it for pleasure but you learn something new every time you read it. I have only read it three times but that is my experience. I have found something new every time I read it.

You have a good weekend to Vicarcat.

Hi ya Balrog, What is HoME? I remember Goldie Hawn Kate Hudson's mom. and the sock it to me girl. Good for you trying to keep up their spirits.

Jessamyn, yes Neenime I think saw the LOTR musical. I think we might have some that compose but if not I know some of our children do some song writing and composing. Your welcome I love to write verse. I get frustrated with drawing and I know I would end up throwing it in the trash.
So you are a traveler and you like Eomer and who could blame you he is gorgeous. I actually prefer Elves but I also appreciate a handsome face. Glad to have you back.

Melianmaia, I just was back reading the posts. LOL I agree all of them needed a good washing. It always bothered me when they show all the people of Rohan so dirty. Come on they had water somewhere at least wash your face. I think hobbits would have to have a special tub.

Have a good day FOF clan or afternoon.
:heart:
Melianmaia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2006 05:48
Aiya Awelyn, HoMe is the Historys of Middle Earth. 12 books in all. They encompass most of JRR Tolien's early writings. It is repetative in places, expounded in others. My favourite is the Lay of Lethian number 3.
Shall we have drive thru ranger scrub?
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2006 07:17
Hi guys...remember me?? . I cant believe all the posts I had to catch up on!! We had visitors (husbands family from the states). I have not had the time to even think about using the computer, sooo nice to be getting back to routine.
Hiya Jessamyn. :wave: Mae govannen.
I really feel for all you teachers and I am remembering you in my prayers...cant imagine dealing with all those little orcses all day. There have been more posts than I can respond to, but have to say that a gift for one certain elf would have to be a hand made necklace made with the something similar to the silmarils so he could be reminded of the light he has put into my life, and maybe some carved candles to adorn the lovely bath I prepare for him (and me of course :evil: ), soothing elf music playing softly in the background...oh yeah!, I would certainly know when that elf has been in the bath (with me).
Shame on you Swabby for bringing out these thoughts in me!
Neenime, nice photo. You look so relaxed and what a gorgeous background.
About rangers, I think I would prefer Boromir. But maybe its because there is a little fancy to Sean Bean. Ya think? have you, on the US side been able to watch any of the 'Sharpe' series? Hes gorgeous!
Tom, I to thank you for the insight and explanation. Makes sense.
Gosh, I missed all you guys. Awelyn, so glad your doggy is ok.
Oh... had a great time at the Robin Hood festival. Will try to post some pics up soon.
So much to catch up on. Its nice having guests but it can really wear you out! Must go relax and fix myself a cuppa, and watch x factor. But i'll be back!...gotta stop thinking of that elf in the bath now.

[Edited on 26/8/2006 by callë]
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2006 10:36
Hi everyone,

Welcome back Jessamyn.

Since it is high spider season I have a JOKE FOR YOU:

A lady is bitten by a spider. Luckily she catches and kills it and puts in it a jar to take to the hospital. There she shows it to the doctor and asks if he thinks it is posionous. Baffled by the species, the doctor takes it to a colleague for help.

"I need a second opinion on this, " the first doc says, handing the jar to the next doc. She looks at the spider critically.

"I agree with your diagnosis," the second doc says. "It's definitely dead."

Hehehehehe...isn't that awful????

I spend my day with 9th graders.

I hope Mith has avoided the storms in her move and hasn't been sucked up and deposited in Mordor.

Sindy
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2006 04:52
I hope Mith has avoided the storms in her move and hasn't been sucked up and deposited in Mordor.

Well, she IS heading to the PoG, so I'm not guaranteeing anything. The PoG is pretty darned near Mordor you know. The weather here in the PoG has actually been pretty nice today though. Maybe it's decided upon that in honor of Mith's visit.

The spousal unit and I went to the fair today and it wasn't nasty hot like it usually is although my feet hurt from all the walking. Shhhh! Wait! What is that I hear?? It must be my bed calling. Yep, that's it! Take good care all. :yawn:
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2006 06:31
Old_ Tom_ Bombadil. I thought after Arwen decided to be mortal that she did not have a choice that she could never go to the Havens. Oh, now I understand about Aragorn because I was getting a little angry with him. I understand now about them both .Thank you for clearing that up for me.
Don't get angry with Aragorn, he was doing the right thing. It was the later kings of Númenor who held on to life longer than they should have that were wrong. They envied the Elves for their immortality, and eventually ended their friendship with them. The kings stopped taking Elvish names, stopped speaking Elvish, and eventually made it a crime for anyone to speak Elvish. Finally, the last king, Ar-Pharazôn, made war on Valinor. This is what led to the destruction of Númenor--it was consumed by the waves--and to the Undying Lands being removed from Arda.

Okay, I just checked LOTR Appendix A, Part V. It's explained there what I'd written in this post and the previous. (I knew I'd read it somewhere. )

As for Arwen, it appears that Aragorn was mistaken in thinking she could go into the West after his death:
"The uttermost choice is before you: to repent and go to the Havens and bear away into the West the memory of our days together that shall there be evergreen but never more than memory; or else to abide the Doom of Men."

"Nay, dear lord," she said, "that choice is long over. There is now no ship that would bear me hence, and I must indeed abide the Doom of Men, whether I will or I nill: the loss and the silence."

vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2006 09:19
Scots they sent your PoG weather to Portland Oregon.
And we have a hot weather alert till monday evening...
That means the ER's expects to see lots of heat stroke
victims here...

Even so I got 5 miles in on my walk today...
I am still 30 or so miles behind Rose...

I finished that light green knit vest but no photo yet...
will get one tomorrow and post it.

Isn't it always the envy and greed of humans that causes
most of the troubles in the world?

Can we like boycott envy and greed for a month or two?
Maybe act more responsible like Aragorn did when he took
up his duties as King...

I know I ask too much of Humans it comes from wanting
them to behave like Half-Elves...

It isn't like I am asking them to be saints or anything that
hard just to act a bit easier on the environment...

Sigh once again I dream...

Well time to head to bed. :yawn:

Hope your Sunday is good!:love:
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 02:25
Wow!! You're absent for a day and look what you miss at the FoF hangout:
a spider joke
Ranger scrub-down drive-thru (MY kind of activity)
RAM (good one, swabby) :love:
a called boycott from vicarcat

Glad I wasn't "delayed" any longer. No telling WHAT I'd have missed.

I am going to the Houses of Healing. I've been feeling miserable. My sinuses ache day and night, I have no energy, cannot sleep well and am even becoming a bit grouchy-I know that's hard for you to imagine about wonderful me! If the hands of the King touch this RAM, she'll either be cured or die a happy death, with a glorious smile on her face...:love:

MT
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email