Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part VIII
on: August 27, 2006 03:06
Yes Old_Tom_Bombadil. I had read the appendix and after reading the quote that Aragorn said to Arwen it made Aragorn seem like a cad. I had read the Sil only once and I vaguely remember that about the flood. I still think that was a big mistake on his part.

MTMS, I am sorry you don't feel well. I have bad sinus too and I understand how you feel. et: Yes, you do miss alot. I had computer trouble my browser being slow for three days. :killcomp: I get so frustrated to but my husband and daughter were having problems so I don't know what was going on. I have Firefox for a browser and they IE so I don't know.

Vicarcat you are a marvel you walk 5 miles in the heat. I also hear you pack a big wallop with a pillow!

Sindy lol that was a funny story. Spiders are so creepy to me. I am better than I use to be with spiders. I was like little miss Muffet.
9th graders why you poor thing you are very lucky you can still tell a joke. Do you still have all your hair?

Scots I am glad you had a good time at the fair. It sounded like you were that good tired when you have walked everywhere but had fun while doing it. I am finding that more and more my bed is so important to me. When I was younger it did not matter to me where I slept but now I want my bed! I hope Mith a safe journey.

Have a great Sunday. I went our last night with friends FOR dessert and I had too much coffee could not sleep until two this morning. :twitch: so I am so :sleepy: I will definitely take a nap today.
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 03:16
WOW!! Such a lot has been going on since I was here a little over a week ago! Already a new thread! If I tried to answer each one since MY last post..Belle would have to create yet another new thread for the FoFers! So I'll just send each of you a GIANT hug and say that I have missed you all so much..my FoF family!! :wave: I'll be in and out for the next couple of days..taking a break from the farm..and that tractor! (Have spent a total of about 14 hours on the tractor..brush-hogging the pastures this past week..and still not thru!!)
jessamyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 09:31
MTMS Get well soon. My heart grieves for anyone with sinus problems, hugs to you!

vicarcat - 5 miles! Now that's determination and energy for you. I'm trying to lose some weight and have about 20 lbs to go, but walking - well maybe half an hour or so if I'm lucky. You go for it!

Awelyn, I'll come catch your spiders if you'll come catch my mice. I'm terrified of the things. Can deal with snakes or anything else. Face down a balrog, an orc or a witchking with murder on his mind, but a mouse - nah, I'd run like a goblin army was after me!

Had a bear cub in the back forty this week. Cheeky little thing. I think it's mama had been killed. It was skinny and obviously hungry. Got into the paintballs my nephew had stored in the shed and was busy eating them. I think the last straw was when my bro-in-law was barbequing pork chops, came in to get the plates and there was a huge crash and there was baby bear making off with the supper. I'll leave you to guess the rest of it..... What a week!

Definitely a nap sounds good. Do elves nap? Or is that just a result of humans aging.
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 09:49
Suilad, (Hello) Jessamyn, :wave:
Nice to meet you..You had a bear cub come visiting!!?? WOW!! Bet that was exciting!! What kind was it?? Or can you tell when they are still babies?? We have big cats..but no bears so far...
Where do you live? Sounds like a fun place!!
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 03:11
Greetings, Jessamyn :wave: I don't believe we've met. Welcome back.

Yes, I saw the musical. I was most impressed by the atmosphere, the visuals and the music. Some of the acting was by understudies and was good but not stellar. I thought the portrayal if the Hobbits was truest to Tolkien.

Galadriel was more like a powerful (bit good witch, not the ethereal, graceful version that Cate Blanchett gave us.

Best-looking : Legolas-tall, dark a hansome with a great voice!

Although I absolutely adore the films, I went into the show knowing that it wold be different and found that I loved the overall experience. I would gladly see it again!

Thanks for the kind words about hubby's latest foray into photography. A person sure can do some cool things with editting programs.

Silly me forgot to enable the option to e-mail replies to the forum. No wonder I wasn't getting any notification of action here! I should have klnown that ther would be lots to review.

Mae Govannen,Tom Thanks for the bath poem. I realy like that one. Happened to have a long, luxurious bath on Friday night. I won a bath set (bubbles, body scrub, etc ) at a staff BBQ at work. Oh, for a Ranger to scrub my back (and even my front!):blush:

Since we have a well, I rarely bathe . Now, now, don't run for the hills just yet . I shower regularly, but rarely allow myself the luxury of a full bathtub. I often recall that poem when I bathe. "Noble" indeed.

HI Calle and Rose . Nice to see your postings again.

Sadly, I missed an important opportonity today. There's a national radio show on Sundays called Cross Country Check-up. Today, people were calling in with their favourite film, the one that they have seen multiple times and can repeat the lines to. Well, I intended to call about you-know-which-films. Unfortunately, I was busy with family stuff and didn't get to plug our favourite films. Alas and alack.

[Edited on 28/8/2006 by Neenime]
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
awelyn418
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 04:16
Randi hello so nice to see you back. I would think 14 hours on a tractor would make you exhausted. I am glad you came in for a break.

Jessamyn. I know you should not feed bears but I feel sorry for it. Do you not have a wildlife agency in your area that could take it off your hands? Thats a deal I am not freaked out by mice. I don't like snakes either. Good question do Elves nap?. :dizzy:

Neenime I knew what you meant of course I know you are a clean person My sister in-law has a well and showers instead of taking a bath. I actually prefer showers. Aw I wish you would have got to call in to the radio program.

Have a great Monday tomorow.
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 04:28
Awelyn.. :hug: Good to see you again also! 14 hours was an awfully long time on the tractor...glad that it is over for awhile...
Hope that you have a wonderful week...
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 07:31
Yes Elves nap... but they sleep about one hour for every
ten hours that a Human sleeps...
Oh and Elves sleep with their eyes wide open so you can't
tell if they are sleeping or just meditating being they have
the same glazed eye look either way...
Believe me you can tell when an Elf hasn't slept for a week
they look kind of gray and move real carefully rather like a
Ranger who has has a little too much to drink...
Pitty the poor Elf who gets a noisy campmate!
Half-Elves sleep as much as Humans but can do more work
on that amount of sleep.
Not that you can tell they are sleeping as they look a million
miles away with their eyes wide open...
Mea culpa...
My teachers used to call it daydreaming, if they only knew...

Sigh I got 7 miles in today and I still weight 160 lbs eeeekkkk!
I could loose 30 lbs and not mind it at all...

OK I'm dreaming again but I keep getting this image of Elves
pickiting car dealerships... something about their being unfair
to asthma sufferers and folks with emphasema...

Awelyn were you refering to my feeding the Warg those feather
pillows? I mean that Warg does seem to eat pillows very fast...
Though I think it might prefer a diet of straight Elf if it could
climb Willow trees...
Oh and I noticed you gave the Warg a whack yourself...
pretty free with the pillows my dear...

Randi do you have many more hours to get that brushing done?
I do hope you take lots of breaks...

I hope everyones week is good!
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 11:01
good morning! Ah, bank holiday here in the UK, so a day off work. Awelyn, I agree with you. I feel sorry for the bear.
Jessamyn, I had a pet mouse before and I love meeces. They can be scary, but if you have a chance to see them as pets you get used to them. They are really quite cute. Now snakes, thats another story...I hates them, and partly because they eat small animals live.
You are right Vicarcat. This half-elf sleeps a full night like a human, but when I am working I seem to get twice as much done as my colleagues. I do like a small nap midday when I am at home though, to refresh.
Ah, Neenime, it is a shame you didnt get to plug our luvverly film. Dont you love it when someone does start speaking of favourite films or books and you get a chance to mention the professor and his wonderful world? I have a few t shirts with small emblems on them, like one with a mallorn leaf, and one with a small Tolkien quote and its nice if someone says something. You can sort out the Tolkien fans that way. I also wear my one ring and of course it only gets noticed by those who know.
Randi, 14 hours on a tractor?? wow, that could make for a sore bum! Get some rest girl, you deserve a break.
Have a wonderful day everybody!
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 07:04
Callë you said:
You can sort out the Tolkien fans that way. I also wear my one ring and of course it only gets noticed by those who know.

Tee-hee. You're so right. I love being able to wear things like that and look for knowing glances. It's like being part of a secret, or at least very select, club. Unfortunately, I don't get many kowing glances. *sigh*

Awelyn thanks for the vote of confidence. You recognized immediately that my ONLY motivation for getting bathed by a Ranger was to promote cleanliness.

Oooh, it's hot here today. 24 * Celsius (which is 75 to you folks south of the border), but it feels like 27 or 28 with the humidity. Just got back for my lunch-time walk with hubby. Too humid to jog. The walk was enough to work up a sweat.

Hmmm - *idle thought here* how nice it would be to have a wash cloth or bath towel with a Ranger's face printed on it (or even an Elf like Haldir, Elrond or Legolas) for post-walk clean-up. What say you, Ladies? Wouldn't THAT put a tiger in your tank? We would be walking and working out with remarkable regularity, wouldn't we?
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 07:04
The rain came down in buckets last night. I was in a shallow state of sleep about five am this morning, dreaming that I was in bed asleep while it was raining and being aware of both my dream world and the real one at the same time. As it has happened to me many times, the dream turned bad when I felt someone sitting on my bed. I knew it was a vampire, so I decided to commence hollering at the sleeping Swabby and wake him up so he wouldn't get his neck bit, which is what I did. (I've actually got some experience at this) I woke me up as planned, but unfortunately, I woke up Mrs Swabby (big ears) as well and she came to wake me up, only I was already awake. I told her it was cool and she went back to her bed. The first time I had this experience was in 1979. I was divorced from my first wife and living in the barracks, where I shared a room with a workmate. I knew I was having a nightmare so I started saying" Heimy, wake me up! Heimy, wake me up!" He got out of bed and came over and woke me up. Yes sir, they broke the mold (or else it was tossed into a fiery chasm) when they made me!

I got spiders in me mustache,
spiders in me beard,
When I seen spiders in me skivvie drawers
I started gettin' skeered.

I hope everyone had a good weekend, now I've got to get back to me drawin'. Swabby
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 08:02
Vicarcat, Guess I do a lot of daydreaming too..then!
Hannon le..(thank you) for your concern abut the brush-hogging (mowing)..Yes we still have more to do..but this time it will be up thru the woods..near the fence line..will soon have to clear the fence line..and replace fences..(and that I am NOT looking forward to..as it hasn't been done since..umm..1982!!!)
Calle..Thank you also..for your concern..and YES!! I did feel almost as tho I were getting saddle sores!! And haven't even been horseback riding for some months now..as most of our mares are either with foal..or have foals by their sides..
My Arabian mare, Bain Caraniel, is die to foal in app. one month!
Neenime..SAY!! Now I DO like that idea for a wash cloth or towel..(or maybe even a pillow case!!??) with an Elven face or Ranger face on it! :drool:
Swabby..so you got lots of rain, huh? hmmm..*thinking* I just HAVE to work on my "rainstick/raindance" routine a wee bit more!! I was trying for rain for East Texas area! But maybe you needed some too, huh?
Your dreams sound VERY scarey!! *shivers*
And dearly LOVED your spider poem! roflmao
Will be going back to the farm tomorrow night..so still have a little while longer to visit with you all...*grouphug*
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 08:54
Oh wow Swabby, I'll admit I have never heard of that before. We already know you are one of a kind.
Your spider poem was funny. Loved it.
We'll, had a nice relaxing day and decided to put in ROTK. Oh, the tears flowed. They always do. Its more than a heart wrenching film. Its as though I am seeing friends again that I have sorely missed. I ache to be in that world with them. I dont want to say 'namarie' to them when the film ends. Sad, huh? I figure only you guys can relate to that. My family is ready to through me into the loony bin.
well, back to TA (this age) 2006, and work again tomorrow. Have a great night.
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 10:26
Calle..Hope that you have a wonderful night also..
and yes..I know exactly what you mean about RotK..and seeing friends that you have missed.. :hug: (my family is the same way!!) lol
Hope that you have a good day at work tomorrow..will miss you after I head back to the farm tomorrow...
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 12:19
I want to watch all three movies again but I need a buddy to watch them with. Anyone wanna drop by?:love:
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 12:28
OH!! I do, I do, Swabby!! I haven't had anyone to watch LotR with for nearly three years now!! The only trouble is...you're there..and I'm here!! And it would take my horse such a long time to take me to your house....
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 12:34
Well, we made it to Nebraska safe and sound. The apartment is cool...high vaulted ceilings and lots of windows. It's on the top (3rd) floor, which we had requested since it is quieter not having someone above. But what a workout moving in and even unloading groceries, lol! Pretty much everything is included here, just had to get the cable Internet connection on our own. So now, I'm back on-line, yay!

Hubby started working Saturday. Looks like he will be working days 5:30-5:30 with either Saturdays or Sundays off. But you never know for sure, these things can change easily. Rather too hasty for our taste but you learn to go with the flow so to speak.

Seems like I've missed some delightful Ranger bathing discussion. While that conjures many dreams and thoughts I think for now I will stick with the quote "cleanliness is next to Godliness". :heart::love: Once I thoroughly read the posts there may be more to add.

Well, I'm off to catch up on some posts and such. Hope everyone is having a great day. It is good to be back. Love and hugs! :heart::love: :hug:
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 01:05
Mith!!! Good to have you back with us!! Glad you made the trip safely!! Moving is NEVER fun..(last time I moved it was a 6 day trip across the country with three babies three years and under!!) *give Mith a hug* again ..welcome back..(and I think by now..the Rangers are all cleaned up!) lol
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 02:30
The rangers may be cleaned up a bit, randi, but they never stay that way for very long.:love:

Good to hear from you mith. Hope that you get yourself settled in soon. Enjoy your new surroundings. How lucky your are to experience living in different areas.

I think we can "feel" fellow Tolkien fanciers, calle, though it helps to see an outward sign of their "allegiance." I cry at each of the LOTR movies and am not embarassed to do so. Perhaps some talented person could stitch the face of a ruggedly handsome ranger/king, stately elf or hunky man upon a hankerchief for a gal to dry her eyes upon.:cry:

Deaming of vampires, swabby?? What did you eat before going to bed?? Try something with garlic next time and the vampires will stay away.
Put a small piece of chocolate cake on the bedside table and you might find a wandering shieldmaiden.......

Thanks for the get well wishes, Jessamyn. I am feeling a bit better today.
I'm concerned for that baby bear. Wish there was some way that I could help.

Naps are good for the soul. Thanks for reminding me of that, awelyn. Wish that I could take one when my kindergarteners do. I play the soundtracks to the movies while they rest. Relaxes me!

Hugs to all the fine FoF folk. You are all in my heart, even if I didn't mention you by name.

MT

scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 03:50
Well, we made it to Nebraska safe and sound.

Welcome to the PoG, Mith! You brought us some delightfully cool and wet weather. It was almost like fall! Of course, fall is my mostest favoritest time of the year by far.
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 04:16
MTMS..have to agree with you about the rangers..they don't stay clean very long..lol *more fun for certain shieldmaidens and elven ladies here* huh?
Scots...ummm..can you perhaps send us a wee bit of that rain??It is desperately needed in Wilderland..Have been using my "rainstick" but must be doing something wrong...
awelyn418
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 04:21
Scot it is my favorite time too. I am glad you are having pleasant weather. Your weather is cool and mine is muggy My AC is giving me fits again but it is almost time to turn it off anyway.

Randi I will miss your posts . You take care of yourself and the tractor. I know you will be glad when the plowing is finished. I hope you visit again real soon. Check your snail mail when you get home.

Mith you will really work those calves and thighs climbing those stairs.
I am glad you are finally settled in at the POG. I am glad you are back.

MTMS,I am glad you are relaxed at school. What better way than to listen to the LOTR soundtracks. I am glad you are feeling better.

Swabby, I would love to see the movies with you. Scoot over on the couch and make room for our FOF kin. I brought popcorn.
Have a good night.
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 04:35
awww! Awelyn..:hug: :disco: will definately stop at the PO when I get back to Wilderland! :hug: now you make me eager to get back..tho..I know that I will miss everyone here..:cry:
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 06:57
Yes Old_Tom_Bombadil. I had read the appendix and after reading the quote that Aragorn said to Arwen it made Aragorn seem like a cad. I had read the Sil only once and I vaguely remember that about the flood. I still think that was a big mistake on his part.
A cad, eh? I think maybe you missed this part where Aragorn said,
For if I will not go now, then I must go soon perforce.
The fact that he told Arwen she still had a chance to sail West was a sign that his mind was becoming addled. He should have known long before that the last ship had already left.

All kidding aside, it was heartbreaking that they should part thus, but death is the Doom of Man be he Númenorian or no. If Arwen wanted to live forever with her husband she should have married one of the Eldar.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 07:15
Hi everyone.

Nice to see all of you. Hope everyone had a great weekend. I did. Visited my friends online and watched a movie or two.

Nice to see Mith made it safely to the PoG.

Belle: congrats on the new granddaughter. Babies always make me smile when I see them.

Good to see the poetry. Swabby, you crack me up.

Weather wise: we are having cool weather. Tonight it is supposed to go down to 40 F. Cool enough for me.

Did you all hear?????? There is a new trilogy out on LOTR. It has different extras to both theatical and EE. Not only that they include both theatrical and EE in each. You can read about them in the CoE news. They are out in stores tomorrow and I am going to pick up a set. This will complete my LOTR movies. Yeah me. :disco: :rolling:

Well, I should go now and get to bed. Have to get up early to purchase my set of LOTR.

Namárië

[Edited on 29/8/2006 by balrog]
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 10:27
OK how many versions of LoTR are there?
I just have the classic set...
and the soundtracks are still in the mail....

Well, all is not lost as Silverleaf and I watched
Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon tonight...

Ohhh if I could do half the moves that those
shield maidens did...
I know... practice, practice, practice...

I need the site they had in the mountains or
at least a practice yard...
Otherwise I might take the overhead lights
out of the ceilings...

I can see the healines now:

Wild Half-Elf Destroys Dormitory Lighting System. :naughty:

A wild Half-Elf was found swinging a pair of swords taking
out anything in her path the damages included;
4 posters of ballet dancers,
5 posters calling for a ban on Coke/Odwalla,
and several plastic chairs,
along with at least 12 flourecent lightbulbs...
She was heard to scream "Down with Orcs" as she went about
PSU on her 5 hour rampage...

This is why I don't drink alcohol...
I get really nasty and mean when I drink.
And I tend to think of Orcs as sword fodder...
instead of the foreign exchange students that they are...

Better that I get high on expresso and sing lewd songs all night...
Not that I know many lewd songs, but by the end of the night
I would have learned a few [especialy if I've had more then one
pot of expresso].

Just as well I don't have an expresso budget right now...
I'd be out celebrating Billy's birthday... [for three days or so].

Not to worry... All my swords are locked up in their case
safe and sound... and I have forgotten all but the Fool's song.

OK I know I missed folks but I hope you all have a happy week
just the same! :love: :hug:
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 11:59
Hello FoF:ers! :wave: I've been lurking, but haven't felt much like posting; life has been a bit taxing lately, both at work and at home. But, reading your posts about elves and Rangers, and Swabby's poetry, is a sure thing to cheer me up.

Hope everybody's having a good week.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 02:50
Hi Morwin, glad to see your post. I m sorry that your life has been so taxing.I hope you have a better week.

Old_Tom_Bombadil I guess I forgot that part. You are right she should have married someone else if tat s what he wanted.I have wondered how it would have been if Eowyn had married Aragorn. I can't help feeling sorry for Arwen though.

Randi,I wish you had access to a computer everyday I so enjoy your posts.

Balrog, I have ordered one copy of the LOTR I will order the other 2 when I get the money. Have a good day and I know you will enjoy the new set.

Vicarcat I think there are 3.. Have a good week.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 02:52
Sorry I am having trouble with my keybord it is leaving letters out when I type
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 03:30
We're having slightly cooler temperatures now and I hope the trend continues. I know you love to use that pool, Awelyn, but I'm ready for this summer to end.
No wierd dreams last night that I know of. Mrs Swabby said I'm not to watch any more vampire movies for a while. Well, if that is how it works, I'm going watch more movies about man-hungry, love-deprived widows. Ah, then I'll have some good dreams---- I hope. ZZZZZ mmmm, "Swabby, kiss me again, you fool!", "Now, now, let's not get hasty, my dear. Feed me another grape."

It's great to have you back, Mith. Boy, I hope you don't get any nose bleeds way up there on the third floor. I've never been to that state but I've always thought it was pretty flat like Kansas. We used to make jokes about how flat south Texas is when I lived down there.

I'm sorry to hear that you've been so taxed, Morwin. You and MT both need a double-dose of vitamin "R". Perhaps a nice hot bath would help, which I will happily provide, of course. Vicarcat made me jealous with her amazing array of fancy soaps, so I killed me a hog and I've been renderin' and boilin' and mixin' up the lye and colorin' it with poke berries and octopus ink and makin' it smell purdy with racoon musk and possum urine and now I've got the most enviable soap collection ever! Your baths await you, ladies.

Happy Tuesday! Swabby

sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 11:53
Swabby, I'll take one of those possum urine baths and curl up and watch the movies with you. Though I'll have to hide Anduril from Mr. Sindarin. He might come looking for us.

Vicarcat, Those Hidden Dragon moves are hard---I can do the walk up the side of the house by haven't figure out the kicking in mid air yet,

Glad you arrived, Mith. Three flights---what great exercise! You go girl.

Scots, fall is my mostest favorite season too. It's time to get out the autumn wreathes and pumpkins and decorate. I love Halloween too. And Turkey Day....mmmmm...turkey. And football Saturdays...Go Bucks! :love:

Duck and cover, Ernesto is heading for FL!!!!

Did you see the book club is doing THE HOBBIT in October? I promise I will stick with this one (have to teach it anyway so might as well do the book club)

Sindy

SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 01:08
Welcome to FOF, Jessamyn.

Randi, that was a long time on the tractor. Glad you could take a break and stop by.

Balrog, I was in Wallyworld today and spotted the new LOTR movies and of course had to buy them. Came home and read your post about the movies...figure it had to be a sign that buying them was the right thing to do, lol! It is a great idea having both versions on one DVD. And I can't wait to see the new footage and commentaries.

Getting settled in here and finding my way around. Haven't been lost yet but then I stick to the main drags. Not good for ranger hunting but then perhaps the Ranger will be good and dirty (needing a long bath) when he is found. Maybe I'll check out Swabby's aromatherapy first. The grapes are a good idea since they float. :rolling:

The steps are a good thing, Sindy, although I'd rather be back in Ohio. I miss the fresh produce and of course the lake. I can feel the lasting effects of many steps in my calves, Awelyn. Too bad I can't target the waistline instead! We're going to sign up here for the workout room access (and pool) tomorrow evening. They use fingerprints for the access.

It's so good to hear from you, Morwin. Perhaps our posts will help ease your cares and your mind can wander into soothing dreams of bathing with your favorite LOTR character or at least provide a smile and a bit of joy. You can pm me anytime you want.

Scots, the weather has been beautiful here so far, although I can't take any credit for the rain. Once hubby starts working the long hours I'd like to take a day to see you. Maybe later in September or whatever time suits you as my schedule is very flexible. Will be so wonderful to meet a friend here!

Well better get busy on dinner as my hobbit hubby is ever hungry and waiting to be fed.

Love and hugs :heart::love: :hug:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 02:05
t's great to have you back, Mith. Boy, I hope you don't get any nose bleeds way up there on the third floor. I've never been to that state but I've always thought it was pretty flat like Kansas.

I guess you haven't seen much of Nebraska if you think it's flat! You must have just gone down the I-80 corridor. I have to admit...that is flat, but most of Nebraska is hilly and has a varied landscape. The Sandhills seem kind of desolate at first glance, but they do have a rugged wild beauty to them. Getting up in the High Plains region around Crawford and Fort Robinson is my favorite part of the state. It is just beautiful up there. In my region, the southeast corner, it's pretty hilly as well interspersed with flat farmlands. So overall, it's pretty varied. Laughing about how flat Texas is??? I've driven down there and boy-howdy are there expanses of flat there!

Did mine eyes read that there's another set of LotR CDs out with even more extended scenes!!?? Are the extended scenes included as well?? Drats and Double Drats! We shouldn't have bought all the new windows for the house last night. No money for a few. And I'm not kidding...we just signed the home-loan papers last night to replace the 46 year old leaky nonworking windows in the house. It's a MAJOR undertaking financially, but one that desperately needs to be done. So now we're going to get nice no-paint-ever windows with the argon gas in between the windows and the low-E that keeps the cold air in and the hot air out. I'm hoping that our fuel bills go down. I do want to do my part in conserving.

Well, the tests that I gave today aren't getting corrected while I sit here typing. No rest for the wicked!
awelyn418
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 02:56
Scots the part of Nebraska we drove through reminded me of a western scene from a movie. I am not talking desert western either. It reminded me of the rolling hills of Colorado it was very pretty. I know what you mean about not having funds to buy the LOTR sets that are coming out. I pre bought FOTR in July and I am suppose to get that on September 2nd. I hope I can but the other 2 later.

Mith, I am so glad you are getting settled. I know you and Scots will have a great time. Hobbit hubby that is funny but most of the time it is so true where men are concerned .

Sindy, I need to get a copy of the Hobbit I would enjoy reading it with the book club. Walk up the side of the house lol.
I hope Florida does not have damage with Ernesto.

Swabby I am ready for summer to be over to but I wish I could fix my pool so I could swim all year. I just relax so much and just leave the cares I have behind. Possum urine ,raccoon musk I don't want to hurt your feelings but I think I will pass on that bath. Now if you have some lavender,peach, or orange soap I would be in the bath in a heartbeat.
Well, I am going to have a pillow fight. Have a good night.:heart:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2006 03:52
Hi everyone. I hope you'v e had a good day.

Mith your resilience and adaptability just amaze. I don;t think I could manage as many changes as you do and still keep my wits, my charm and my sense of humour as you seem to. Cheers to you, Roaming Woman. :cheers:

Morwin . Sorry that life is taxing you. Do see if you can apply for a rebate! Sorry - couldn't resist! Here's a hug to help you through. :hug:

Swabby you sound like a "lucid dreamer". That's someone with enough self-awareness to know that s/he is dreaming or at least to have some control over the process.

Spicy food before bedtime can lead to all sorts of intersting things. My husband once started writing an amateur musical during a sleepless night caused by too much East Indian food. Turned out to be a darned good show, too!

Scots your new windows sound great. I hope that Santa is watching over your shoulder and gets you the CDs for Christmas.

Balrog you mentioned Laugh-In. Oh, I remember that! What a riot! Ruth Buzzie as the old lady whacking Artie Johnson ( the Dirty Old Man) with her purse. the joke wall with all those goofy one-liners and news reports. Uncle Al and his "special medicine". Artie as the little German soldier doing peek-aboo from behind the palm tree,saying "Verrrrrry eenterrrrrestink." Ah those were the days!
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email