12345Last >>
Author Topic:
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part VIII
on: August 29, 2006 05:40
Ah Swabby
Didn't you realize that half those soaps belong to Silverleaf?
Me I just pick up the soaps at the dollar store,
but Silverleaf has finer tastes...
Oh and he does the cooking so I am the hungry Hobbit
always waiting for the meals...

Scots I bet those windows will be nice come winter...
and well worth the money too.

Morwin let me know if I can be of help ok?

Sindy will you give me lessons in wall walking please?

Mith I'll remember you when I walk up the stairs to classes...

swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 04:50
Wow Sindy, you made my heart gallop like a three-legged horse! I'm going to prepare a special little present for you when you come over. I went out last night and captured two young male possums who I intend to feed lemon peels and green persimons untill their urine smells extra-special! You won't believe what my specialy-prepared soap will do for your skin. I will make your visit a memorable one, I assure you!

I'm glad the POG isn't so flat, Mith. I'd heard that Iowa was surprisingly hilly, but did not know that about your present location. Are there any "little Fangorns" around?

So that's what you call it, Neenime, "lucid dreaming". Yeah, I can do that.

Scots, I'm beginning to think you've just been kidding about your state looking like the POG. My oldest sister and her husband spent some time there a long time ago and they said they found some good fishing spots. My brother-in-law was a concrete worker and he traveled around building grain silos. I'll bet you've got a few of those around, huh?

Vicarcat, you still made me jealous talking about all those fancy soaps, even if they do belong to Silverleaf. I've got you beat now, though. You just can't buy my kind of soap in stores, no siree.

I'm still in artist mode, so I gotta get back to my drawing. Swabby
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 11:57
Cat I like that news story! Very funny. But please don;t get arrested, we need you here!

Swabby - apparenty people can be taught to dream lucidly. I have never tried, but occasionally I have some self-awareness. I do teach peple to invent different endings to their nightmares as it helps to settle the fears and the re-living of them in a conscious state . It's a technique that was developed by some psychologist in the US who was working with trauma survivors.

Basically, you just create an ending in which you escape the problem. The nice thing is that there are no rules in dreamland. So you can zap yourself into anpther setting with a remote control that suddenly appears iny our hand, or grow a set of wings and fly away from your persecutor (Rose could give us lessons), or grow 200 feet tall and squish the monster, etc. Only your imagination limits you. Then, every time that you think of the bad dream or it wakes you out of your sleep, yo deliberately insert the new and improved ending, while breathing slowly and calmly (to get your system to stand down from battle stations ) and voila - bad dream usually settles down and good sleep returns.

The human brain is a fascinating place!
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 03:05
Hugs, prayers and warm thoughts are going out to you, Morwin. May life's pressures and misfortunes soon disappear. :hug:

Funny, but the parting of Arwen and Aragorn doesn't bother me at all......... The separation that wrenches my heart is the one faced by Elrond and Arwen. Being apart from your "child" for eternity is an awful burden to bear. You see...I don't hate her at all, awelyn. I just want her to be with her daddy.

I think an extra dose of vitamin R would surely help my recovery, swabby. Where can I get my prescription filled????:love::heart:

Seems like you've got exercise built in with being on the 3rd floor, mith. Bet you'll be skin and bones before too long.

Think I've got a new motto, scots-no rest for the wicked. Thanks for sharing.

Lucid dreaming, neenime?? Does it work on rangers?? May have to give it a try tonight. Need some extra vitamin R anyway, right Doctor?????

My man does alot of the cooking at my house, vicarcat. I'm a very lucky woman.

I'll let you all know how the attempt at lucid dreaming goes.

MT
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 04:38
Cooking men. Yep, got me one of those! He has been in the kitchen since the beginning. I remember that we got married on a Saturday. VERY cold in November. I took the Monday after off. We were too poor to go anywhere. LOL But I got up that morning thnking I would do the Suzie Homemaker thing and make breakfast. The spousal unit came downstairs and asked me, in a kind and loving way, "What the H*LL are you doing in *my* kitchen?" I put up my hands in defeat and haven't been back since. I'm not stupid, you know! :evil: It's really funny. The son calls and asks his dad cooking questions. Not Mom! Now don't get me wrong, I can cook. I just choose to let the spousal unit do it.

Hi-ho, Hi-ho, it's off to bed I go! Home work is all done. The time went so much faster listening to the LotR soundtracks (just listening to the Gray Havens music at the moment :cry::cry: I never get tired of the music. It just soothes the soul.

Swabbster: The PoG never really meant the landscape here in my mind. I guess that PoG meant more of a wasteland of Tolkien related activities. We just never have any cool conventions or gatherings of those who think along the same lines that I do. I get SO lonely! :cry::cry:

Well, the wine has gone to my head and I can't see straight. You would not believe how many times I've backspaced in the past two sentences. Can't hold my drink and type at the same time! ROFL

Take good care, all!
Scots

[Edited on 31/8/2006 by scots56]
jessamyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 05:53
I want one! A cooking man I mean. Love to cook, but it would be so nice to have a man in the kitchen. Always been a fantasy of mine. The son in Aus, who is a fantastic cook, once produced a turkey at Christmas with poinisettas made of red and green peppers inserted under the skin and basted with a red wine and cranberry glaze. When asked how he did it, replied, "You'd learn if you only got your head out of LOTR books and watched Martha Stewart." Guess what? LOTR wins out every time.

Tragic news about our baby bear cub. Poor thing must have been starving. It was getting into the garbage, chasing the kids and generally getting dangerous. Unfortunately, trying to trap it did not work and it ended up being shot. Hate that, but sometimes I guess its the only way.

Mith, I think its great that you and Scots are getting together. Have a great time.

Scots: The only time I've been through Nebraska was really late at night, so I've no idea if its flat or not.

Hey Swabby: I think I need some of your magic soap. The skin condition here is definitely inclining towards a little wrinkling. Why can't I age gracefully. I mean, Galadriels a grandmother. Ok so I suffer from elven envy syndrome! :cry:

Having a hard time keeping up with all the chat here. I think I have to visit daily. Everybody just seems to do such interesting stuff!
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 06:17
Hi everyone.

Just to let you know that my week has been stress free for the first time in 3 weeks. Everything is going great and I could not ask for more (knocks on wood).

Well, I went looking for the new version of LOTR and could not find them in this city.:cry::cry::cry: I'm not giving up hope. I will try to see if they show up in the next few weeks. I did treat myself to two other movies: Brother Bear 2 and Inuyasha, movie 4. I'm into animé big time. Brother Bear was cute.

I, too, would like a male cook. I married one and he made the greatest Chinese ever. Learned a lot from him. By the way, I guess I need a male if I'm to have a cook. :naughty:

I've joined The Hobbit Book Club. Haven't read it in 4 years, so I will read along with others and it may help in my role playing game story. Bilbo's story is the greatest with all those Dwarves.

Well, I should go and dust my Hobbit Book off and get it ready.

Namárië

[Edited on 31/8/2006 by balrog]
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2006 08:15
Jessamyn if you want fewer wrinkles look at your diet
and see what iit is deficient in...
Most women don't get enough B vitamins; also Amino Acids,
and RNA-DNA supliments help speed up healing and healthy
cell reproduction...
So do check out what might be missing in your diet...

OK I'm off the podium.

Neenime don't worry it was just a story...
I am not nearly that wild... which is of course do to Silverleaf.
He may not be Aragorn but he is a Half-Elven Ranger.
And we all know the virtues of a Ranger... right gals?

Sigh, a friend told me he can feel me coming five blocks away...
It seems that I have a large aura.
So now I can't sneak up on anyone... fooey.
Oh dear that means when I am in a bad mood...
that mood spans ten blocks by ten blocks?
Yikes! I need to meditate more....
Maybe spend more time relaxing in the bath...

Oh I got a photo of my green vest up, it is in the Gallery under
Cat's Green Vest in Fan Art under Misalaneous...
And it shows why I should get rid of those pink pants too...
Along with 30 lbs or so...

Well I hope the week gets better... :blush: :hug:
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2006 05:29
Thanks for the info on lucid dreaming Neenime, it's all very interesting. I like the idea of pushing a button on a remote and transporting myself to a tropical island inhabited only by brown-skinned lovlies (topless, of course) and away from from those bloodthirsty vampires.

I think the only practical way to get a prescription for vitiman "R" filled is to immerse yourself in some Tolkien. I wish I could whip some up in the kitchen---I'd send it out to all of you free of charge. Alas, I am only part Ranger and a dose of me would likely just arouse your appetites and leave you longing for more. Sorry MT.

Now, I can cook. I'm one of those cooking men, but most of you already knew that. So, Jessamyn, I could make you a nice healthy meal, but my home-made possum-urine soap probably isn't magical at all. If I could cure aging, I'd be 24 from now on, believe me. (I'd want to keep my old mind, however) My ideas about beauty have changed a lot over the years and I now think that you over-forty gals are the hottest women alive. I'll gladly ignore a few wrinkles and scars in order to bask in your mature radiance. You're all incredibly hot in my book.

I will be submitting a couple of new drawings to my gallery in the morning for those of you who might be interested.

Have a great day all you beauties! :heart:Swabby
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2006 06:30
A man in the kitchen could be a treat but only if he cleaned up the huge mess they usually make. Guess it has been my kitchen way too many years and rather like my territory, lol. On the rare times hubby uses the kitchen it is left in such a disarray and things are not put back in their places. And while Aragorn's picture brightens my kitchen at home, I rather doubt Rangers hold any claim to kitchen territory. Swabby, are you territorial about your kitchen turf? But it is a cool idea for those of you who make it work. Scots, does your hubby do all the kitchen clean up as well?

Swabbster: The PoG never really meant the landscape here in my mind. I guess that PoG meant more of a wasteland of Tolkien related activities. We just never have any cool conventions or gatherings of those who think along the same lines that I do. I get SO lonely!

Know just what you mean! We will just have to change that! :disco: :rolling: :hug:

We certainly are creatures of many moods, Vicarcat. Do your moods affect the choices you make as well? I'm talking about the everyday things like what we choose to wear or eat and what we choose to do with any spare time. Remember, every cloud has a Silver lining (pun intended, lol).

Watched the commentary on the new FOTR DVD. There was some cool Aragorn/Viggo :heart: footage, MT. Love hearing him talk. :heart::love:

Balrog, hope you have some luck finding the DVDs. I got mine at Walmart.

Hope everyone is having a good day/night! :love::heart: :hug:

awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: August 31, 2006 07:12
Jess, that is sad about the bear cub. Do you do all the cooking at your house? I have to many wrinkles but at 54 I am learning to age gracefully. Not, I hate the wrinkles and all that goes with aging. The women I have admired in my life all had this inner beauty and they had learned a secret that what is inside is most important. I guess I am still to vain.

My husband cooks too but he does not clean up after himself. So, I cook and I have to clean up my mess he cooks and I have to clean up his mess. So, if I have to clean up a mess anyway I may as well do the cooking. There has been the rare occasion that he cleans after he cooks but that is few and far between.

Balrog I signed up for The Hobbit book club too. I don't have a copy but there is a second hand book store that I go to and I will go look there.I am glad you had a stress free week.

Vicarcat I will check out my diet and you should drink plenty of water. If you are not hydrated you can get more wrinkles. I have to make myself drink water.

Scots I remember you telling the husband cooking story before but it is still funny.
So, the wine caused you to be a little woozy but you also sounded relaxed and probably had a good sleep. My doctor told me to drink wine for my heart and to lower cholesterol. I thought that is what you meant by the POG.

Neenime I am able to wake myself up sometimes when I have a bad dream but have never finished the dream to end another way. Sounds very interesting. How can you learn to do that? That would be great to teach children.

I think Randi had to go back home to her farm where she does not have a computer. I will miss her but she will visit here when she visits her son.

MTMS, how is school going now? The weather has been so cool here that I have only been able to swim once this week alas and alack. I love that the trees are changing and the cooler temperatures tempted me yesterday and I went for a walk with my daughter yesterday. Our neighbors have 3 horses and a burro so we stopped and visited with them. You have a good week and a great holiday weekend.

Here in the USA Monday is a holiday for us. September 1st would have been my moms birthday. It will be the second birthday since her death. I still miss her so much.

Have a great day FOF. I will be back later today maybe.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: August 31, 2006 07:19
Mith, I was posting this morning got distracted and come home for lunch and posted. I saw to my dismay that you had posted so I can't leave you out. I see you feel like I do about the clean up. I think I made a mistake only buying that one new CD because they come in a set right? I might have to buy the set or see if I can buy the rest separately online You have a good day.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2006 05:24
Hi everyone.

I've got a secret and I just can't hold onto it any longer. I'VE GOT TO YELL IT FROM THE TOP OF MIDDLE EARTH
THE HOBBIT in 2007?!

8/31/06, 10:26 pm EST - Xoanon

The BIG news has finally hit. A Ringer Spy who was recently in the New York offices of New Line Cinema has reported that they clearly saw 'The Hobbit' on the film schedule for 2007.

Here's what the spy had to say:
"Please leave my email anonymous as I have some very exciting news to report. I was in New Line's NY offices to discuss upcoming projects when I clearly saw something very intriguing on a year planner. 'The Hobbit' was clearly marked on what looked like July 2007. I couldn't exactly take a moment to investigate the calendar with my audience in the room, but it definitely said 'The Hobbit'. Lets hope this is a PJ project!"

I found this on TheOneRing.net. Told you I had a secret.

This is very good if it happens. I'm soooo excited. :disco: We shall all keep our fingers crossed and LET THE HOBBIT HAPPEN

Namárië
jessamyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2006 05:51
Hugs to you Swabby! :hug: Cheers to anyone who thinks us gals with a few wrinkles here and there are still hot! I'm trying to age gracefully, but I'm still going down kicking and screaming!

Awelyn: Yes, I do most of the cooking. No significant other in sight, but I live in hope. Have'nt read the Hobbit in a while. Might be a good idea to take a look at it one more time.

Vicarcat: People tell me I don't look my age, but the mirror says differently. Will definitely take your advice and check out the vitamin thing. Have tried and tried to do the water torture, but the coffee cup always wins out.

Balrog: Hope the movie version of The Hobbit comes to pass. That would be really great news. From what I hear there are still lots of problems to overcome. PJ definitely has to direct this one. Cannot think of anyone else who would do it justice.

Tried finding the DVD's in our Walmart, but it does'nt have them yet. Hopefully soon.
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2006 08:04
Warning this is another of my long-winded replys...

Jessamyn,
I like coffee too much and in the summer it is easy to dehydrate,
so I go for the iced coffee and eat the ice cubes after I'm done
with the coffee, as well as making sure I get at least 32 oz of
pure water a day beyond the tonic water and the seltzer water I drink.

I do have to cut down on the boiled eggs or my cholesterol will
be up again... Fat salt and added suger I already keep to a minimum.
My snacks change with the seasons rather then my moods so they
can be addapted to fit my caloric intake in any given day...

Mith,
We have a garden plot that Silverleaf waters daily and the tomatoes
and the cucumbers are great! Oh and silverleaf does the dishes
when he cooks.
House rules are; if you use a pan to bake then you scrub the pan...
So I do a lot of cooking in the microwave as the cleanup is easier.

Hmmm do my clothes change as much as my moods...
nah I don't have that many types of clothes...

I have three basic types of clothes...
uniforms in blue or cammo,
1 set of habit in blue and burgundy,
some off the rack school clothes [skirts, blouses, and pants,
in colors with coats and jackets to go with them].
Other then that I have some old costumes from Rennfaire
and many bits of Elven clothes in the works...
Would love to wear Elven clothes to school but not sure
how the Professors would react...

the CDs of the original soundtracks from LoTR came today, and
I listened to all three of them before I left for Nightwatch...
I was a mellow Cat after listening to them...
So now I have new meditation CDs :disco:

Awelyn, sorry about your mom...
Mine has been gone 25 years now and I still miss her.

Balrog please send my the link when you have confirmation
on the Hobbit movie as I want to get first night tickets!

Sigh, I'm dreaming again. I keep thinking I'm supposed to
replant about 20 acres of forest... Gotta make it real soon.

Rose, will you update your miles at Eowyn Challenge please...
as it looks like I might have caught up with you...

Tomorrow is friday so TGIF!
Happy Weekend... :hug: :love: Everyone!
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2006 02:37
Cat I love the vest. It's a gentle colour that reminds me of new buds in spring or soft moss on trees. Nothing wrong with the pants. They look good on you.

A man who cooks. Well, not to gloat but I really lucked out there. My honey-bunch is terrific cook and I get to help. That's a challenge at times as he can be a bit picky (read Control Freak, minor grade ), as many chefs are, but I can snap back so we have a developed a workable entente dans la cuisine. As a result, I have an ever-present battle with weight. *sigh*
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
awelyn418
Send Message
on: September 01, 2006 03:24
Hey Vicarcat share the link to The Shire in Oregon that is so cool and I think the FOF clan would like it . How do you send a link or just provide for to see? I have a hard time remembering how to cut and paste with the computer.

Swabby what a gentleman. That was very sweet and I have not thought of myself as hot for years. I can't wait to see the new drawings.

Hi Neenime I must have missed something Cat do you have a photo of your outfit that you have been working with for so long?

Jess, I am not a big coffee drinker it is Coca Cola that is my downfall.. I have allowed myself only one a day and I can not abide diet soda of any kind. I do like regular ice tea and the flavored teas like raspberry that is my favorite. I hope the Hobbit becomes a reality but I am from Missouri and as a show me state resident seeing is believing but I hope Balrog is right.

I am going to go to my daughter's this weekend. My youngest grandson has a tooth that is impacted and they are going to have to pull it and they will give him laughing gas. He is only three. My daughter has them brush their teeth and not eat sweets often but the dentist said it is the placement of his teeth that caused this problem. I am his Grammy and it is my job to cheer him up but I was going to visit anyway. Happy Labor Day to the USA FOF ers.

Have a great Friday.

Today would have been my mom's birthday. Thank you Vicarcat it is easier than last year.
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2006 03:46
My first wife was a tiny little 94 pound dynamo that kept a spotless house, cooked, washed dishes, washed clothes took care of two children and worked part time outside the home. All that and I don't remember her ever acting tired.
My present wife is just the opposite in every way, including physically. She hates anything that resembles domestic work and pours all her energies into her day job, so I guess it's a good thing that I'm able to cook. I wash most of the dishes, but I do let her pick up the kitchen if I've cooked a significant meal. Even then, I usually help with putting things away. I found out a long time ago that if I do everything, she'll let me. Since I'm also the bug-squasher, jar-opener, car-maintainer, yardman, chauffeur and more, I decided it wasn't right for me to let her completely off the hook, so I slacked off some so that she at least has a few things to do at home. How nice it would be to have a wife that was somewhere in between the two. Oh well, such is life.

I'm going to be a bit cautious this time regarding the news of a Hobbit movie. I don't want to get my hopes up untill I've got substantial proof.

Legolas and Gimli have gotten very sore at one another and are not speaking. Can you imagine what it might be over, and what would you do to get them back on friendly terms?

Have a wonderful weekend, all you gorgeous ladies! Swabby
jessamyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2006 05:00
Legolas and Gimli have gotten very sore at one another and are not speaking. Can you imagine what it might be over, and what would you do to get them back on friendly terms?

Would this be a case of jealousy? Did Legolas score more kills than Gimli or is the reverse true? I'd set up an archery and axe throwing contest. Legolas would win the archery and Gimli the axe throwing. Scores even, nobody loses.

Cat: I too would love to see your outfit. I like to sew myself, but have'nt done anything for a while. I did get into making celtic banners (Roharim style) for a while. I sold them at ren fairs in NZ and Aus. Moving to Northern Can. well they just don't have anything like that here - wish they did.

Awelyn: Have a great time with your family. Hope your grandson feels much better. I am sure you will cheer him up. Love the coke as well. Got to stick with the diet stuff though I'm diabetic, rough at first but you get used to it.

Well, I'm off for a walk round our small lake. Its a beautiful day outside and I need to commune with nature for a while. Besides the exercise will do me good. Better take your advice Vicarcat and take the bottled water with me! 32 oz oh my, Trying to drink that would really try me. I really do not drink enough. Think I have to increase the intake gradually and work up to it. Have a lovely weekend everybody.

HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2006 08:44
Hi everyone and hi to Jesamyn I don't think we met before it is a super name how did you choose it? There used to be a song with the first line "What am I supposed to do with a girl like Jesamyn/" anyone here remember it or was it only a hit my side of the pond.

BTW any UK people know if we are getting the limited DVDs over here? I looked on Amazon UK and they aren't there and we wants them yes we do precious!

Been very busy at work and am going in for a few hours on Sunday when hopefully there will be fewer interruptions. I got an e-mail about a meeting I had sent out an invite for the other day. The person said "can you tell me when and where the meeting is?" I had only put it in the subject header of the e-mail hadn't I" in the words of Homer Simpson "DOH!" Have the Simpsons made any reference to LOTR? it would be amusing to see what they came up with.

Legolas and Gimli having a tiff Swabby it would have to be what your Dad did to my Dad all these years ago!

Have a great weekend everyone.

Love and Hugs

HT:heart:
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2006 03:32
I am grieved to hear about the bear cub, jess. A vet friend of mine would've taken him/her in (somehow) and cared for him/her to be released in the wild later. That same vet friend cares for the animals at the Gulf Coast Zoo (as seen in the Little Zoo that Could on Animal Planet) and also went to New Orleans to do pet resuce after the hurricane. My heart breaks for animals that "get in our way" by acting according to their nature.

Glad that work stress has eased, balrog. Hope the trend continues.

Like your suggestion to immerse myself into Tolkien for some more "vitamin R", swabby. Just may do so this weekend!:love:

And especially if I just happen to pick up the FOTR DVD and drink in the deliciousness of ranger commentaries.:heart: Thanks for the reccommendation, mith!

Hugs to you, awelyn. May the empty feeling in your heart due to the loss of you mom feel a bit less painful with you being with your daughter and grandson. I pray that he heals quickly.

What a bummer to go into work on Sunday, HT. I HATE it when I feel as if I must do so.:cry: I try to carve out a Sabbath or Holy day each week-one for God and one for me. Hope that you have some holy time.

My dreams have been making me feel like a harlot, neenime, even though they weren't sexual. I 've been flirting heavily with men (quite handsome ones!) and even been untruthful about being a married lady so that I could keep their attentions. I know this is very difficult to believe that I would be capable of thoughts. Is my inner wench trying to assert herself through my dreams? What say you, oh wise one???

Wish I could remember what I ate before bed these last few nights.....:evil:maybe I could be a romance novelist.

MT
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2006 04:40
Yippee- for balrog’s stress-free week. About blinkin’ time, eh? Hope you're enjoying it.

MTM – Ah yes, the Inner Wench. We all have one, ya know. EVen the blue-rinse, white glove set. And we have Warriors, Lovers, Kings, and Queens, Jokers, Lost Children Golden Childen. Carl Jung said that we have all those potentials within us. Health is defined as coming to terms with each of these and letting it play a role appropriately in our lives.

Why, the only difference between us and someone with a multiple personality disorder is that ours comes out to play at night and theirs escapes at any time, creating havoc such as mysterious bills, crumbs around the bed (remember Sybil?) and hot glances from perfect strangers.

Dream life is sometimes considered a compensation for what's missing in our waking lives. I know that if I am not getting enough, shall we say bed sports, that I will dream of it a lot.:blush: It's like an internal memo from some deep dark corner of my brain, asking "Ahem [ knock, knock] -anyone alive out there?"

Not to say that that is the only reason for that aspect surfacing Maybe it's a new phase in your ongoing development as a person, you know To everything/Turn, turn, turn/ There is a season/ Turn, turn, turn..." MTMS Enjoy finding out!

How sad about the bear cub I hate to see or even think of animals in distress or killed. It just touches a spot very deep in me. After all, it is we humans who are taking over their safe environment. Maybe WE should learn to share the space.

HT working on Sunday? Bummer. Hope it's undisturbed and efficient so you cna go home fast and enjoy the rest of the day.

I have to work tomorrow (Saturday). Parents are dropping off their darling progeny at our doorstep to start university. Some of us form Student Affairs have to attend a session where we reassure them that their darlings are in good hands. Then we feed the parents and sibs and politely suggest that they go home so the students can settle in.

But after that hubby and I are going away to a nearby national park. On Sunday we'll be hiking with a friend in a spectacular area.

Oy -long post! Last item - Gerard Butler in Beowulf and Grendel Awwwwwooooo! 'Nuff said.

Love to all. Talk to you on Sunday night when we're back
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2006 10:47
Hmmm... with all those trees in the Undying Lands
I bet they have lots of Bear Cubs that couldn't make it on Earth...
I know Mandos has a soft spot for Bear Cubs...
And Lorien loves to play with them too....
all this while Ulmo is tossing salmon to the hungry Cubs...

Oh and I'm not dreaming this either because there is this
archangel named Michael and another named Azrael who both
love Bear Cubs...
And Raphael with his fish [aha I know who eats those fish]...
so in one realm or another those Bear Cubs are loved.

OH here is that Bend Shire link...

http://www.bendshire.com/

I hope you enjoy it...

As for those outfits it takes a while to make each piece
so I'll take photos of some of the parts and post them
on sunday after mass...
then they might be up under fan art by wednesday or thursday.
Will that do?
I could also put up photos of some of my Renn Faire garb...

I know all about that inner Wench...
something like an Elleth on a rampage...
After all it takes time to catch the right Elf!
And once you have caught him you have to woo him...

If Legolas and Gimli are not speaking...
and it isn't what happened between their fathers...
or the male ego trip "regarding how many who shot"...
Then one of them has a girlfriend and the other is left out
and feeling abandoned.
Kind of the "threes a crowd" consept.
Hmm... is it Gimli with the lovely Dwarven maiden?
I know how Legolas would pout over that...

I sympathize with those who work on the weekend as I work Sat nights.
Still I hope everyones weekend goes great!
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2006 02:37
I like your answer to the Gimli/Legolas question, Vicarcat. I would imagine that in your profession you come across a lot of people who are sore at someone or something. Perhaps you are right, also, that it would be Legolas who was feeling left out because of Gimli's attachment to a lady. We know that Gimli's heart went pitter-pat over Galadriel, but the only thing that seemed to trip the trigger of Legolas was Fangorn Forrest.

I feel so privileged to be learning all these things about women. So you all have an "inner wench", eh? I'll not be forgetting that one. My inner sailor is just nuts about wenches, yes it is. I'm suddenly inspired!

Show me your wench
not your grinch
and lower your neckline
way over an inch

And those memo's about insufficient bed sports, well, mine are more like flaming arrows with notes attached.

One day I shall know all about women, but I'll be much too old for it to do me any good. Happy Saturday, all you sometimes wenchly women! Swabby
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2006 02:55
Just poppin' in to wish you all a happy Labor Day weekend! Old Tom and his pretty lady have a full agenda these next three days:

Saturday
This morning we're driving to Pleasanton, California to attend the Scottish Highland Games beind held at the Alameda County Fairgrounds. It's expected to be in the mid-90s F so it'll be warm. We're spending Saturday night in a hotel about 3.5 miles from the fairgrounds.

Sunday
Sunday we head over to Oakland to see the Athletics play the Baltimore Orioles. It'll be in the low to mid 70s. (Oakland is a great place to beat the summer heat.) We return home to Sacramento after the ballgame where daytime temperatures will be in the mid to low 90s.

Monday
Monday morning we'll be putting on our Western duds and attending Gold Rush Days in Old Sacramento. We hope to have a rip-roaring good time!

Namárië! :wave:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2006 03:54
Tom:
It sounds as if you're going to have a full weekend! Enjoy yourself immensely.

As for me, it's a quiet time here on the PoG. The spousal unit is working most of the weekend, so it's not possible to go anywhere far. The weather has turned deliciously cool and cloudy here. I'm lovin' it! It feels like fall outside! :disco: We are also saving the gas for our trip out to Denver in a couple weeks for the Denver Gem and Mineral Show. It's become an annual event for us, and I'm looking forward to it. It's going to be a quick one as well. We'll be leaving right after I get off of school Friday; driving part way that evening; then playing in Denver on Saturday. After that, it's driving home on Sunday and collapsing in a heap. I'm going to have to be sure my act is together before I leave school Friday so I won't have to worry about lesson plans or whatnot during the weekend. Worry is one of the things I do best!

Well, off I go. Things to do, bills to pay! Enjoy your weekend all. And to those Middle Earth residents in the U.S., enjoy the three day weekend!

Scots
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2006 07:12
Awelyn, hope you are having a good weekend at your daughter's. It is good to be with those loved ones like your grandchildren. They have a way of making us smile even when we feel sad inside.

What wild dreams, MT! Do they include dreams of THE Ranger? Haven't had one of those in a while and when I did, all that happened was verbal dialog. Sometimes it seems dreams complete our life. My dreams are usually very detailed adventuresome ones, especially at times when real life was lacking those qualities. Too bad we can't program ourselves to dreams of our choice. But then sounds like you have that already, lol.

Swabby, you always make me smile and laugh reading your posts. Hope your inner Sailor is smiling as well.

Neenime, the hiking sounds like lots of fun. Hope you enjoy the adventure and get some good pics.

How did you come up with your name, Jessamyn? It reminds me of my daughter, her name is Jessica.

Hubby ended up with 4 days off this weekend. We had not planned anything as we were not sure of his schedule plus too far from family, etc. We did rent movies although today the TV will be fixed on college football. That is hubby's passion - Penn State is his fav team (sorry Scots, I know there are quite a few loyal Husker fans here).

Anyways, it is a bit cooler outside and raining. Looks like a good day to put a roast in the oven and catch up on some reading.

Happy Labor Day to the FOF here in the USA. And a great weekend to all! :heart::love: :hug:
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2006 11:14
Thanks for the wise words, neenime. You hit the nail on the head with dreams making up for what I'm not getting in real life. You'd have thought he'd have taken the hint with a little blue pill on his pillow. He was asleep 5 minutes after his head lay down...at 6:00 pm.:cry:

I'd love to be going with you and Goldberry to the scottish highland games, Tom. Might be a problem since my inner wench would probably "out herself" with all those men in kilts around.:evil:

I've seen your inner sailor out on leave, swabby. I live near a port city, you know. There could be trouble if he and my inner wench met

Enjoy your Labor Day weekend, scots. God knows, I surely needed it!!

No ranger was included, but there was a dashingly handsome man that I danced with and talked to in my dreams. Didn't want to leave his arms. Hope Ara-baby will forgive my wenchish ways. Wouldn't want to break a cardboard man's heart, now would I mith???

Took myself to the beach. Water was beautiful and cool, sky bright and sun not too oppresively hot. When I lay on my towel on the sand, I felt "rangerish" as I heard footsteps in the sand as folks walked past me. Alsol felf a bit "elvish", as if the sand, sea and salty air were becoming part of me and making me whole. My dream would be to live in a castle beside the ocean with a ranger by my side.

MT
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2006 09:55
Well I wish my weekend was as exciting as some folks sounds like...
I almost envy you going to the Highland Games and then two other
days of trips...
and others visiting family... makes me wish the kids lived nearby...

The best I'm getting was the Love Rally at Pioneer Square...

OK so I am a Rave fan and I did get my legs to dance for
about 5 minutes... :disco:

I had to go home to eat and then to Nightwatch...
but I was back at the Love Rally in time to see the video
about the Children in Uganda... :sob:
The truth is shocking and the Children are Special...

**** WARNING ****
I would rate the video as R due to the trama the children
have suffered, so don't go to this site and watch the video
unless you are over 21 and want to help real bad...
No porn on the site just tramatic descriptions and graphics
in the video...

Here is the site link;

http://www.invisiblechildren.com/home.php

Real Starvation and Joy in the same video...
as I typed earlier the Children are Special...
If you are like me you will cry. :sob:

****** END WARNING *******

Sorry about the Invisible Children site being so hard on the heart but it
is a burden I feel the need to share... :banghead:

Also if you might pray for a fellow who goes by Argent...
[God knows his real name I do not...]
He is not on this site and I don't know what is troubling him
but he posted a nasty response to one of my posts on another site
so I think he needs prayers bigtime...

Oh Swabby in case you hadn't noticed;
My Inner Wench Loves Children... and that includes
Grandchildren, along with Nieces, and Nephews.

On a Brighter Note....

SSI sent Silverleaf more money then we expected, so we are paying
off bills very carefully just incase they want the money back....
My Financial Aid grants and loans will cover the payback after I pay
for tuition and books and whatnot...
but it is better to be causious just the same...

It was hot today something around *95F
but I'd been listening to Rave music :disco: so I got a total of 6 miles
of walking in today.

I hope everyones weekend is great!:love: :hug: :disco:
Melianmaia
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2006 01:36
I always hated the Labour day/ bank holiday weekend because it means summer is over:cry:
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2006 04:35
It is too painful for me to look at starving children, Vicarcat, plus it makes me very angry. I know there is endless pain and suffering in the world and it just sends me on the warpath to think that we could use our enormous resources for good but we don't. This world would be a very different place if I were in charge, I guarantee. I know what hunger and neglect feels like. Perhaps I've got a little bit of Charles Dickens in me (seriously, I might) because I will root for the poor and down-trodden untill the day I die.
Well I'm done now. I was standing on an orange crate.

Mith and MT, you're both such wonderful ladies who are full of life and passion. I have dreams like yours sometimes. There is no other feeling like romance, is there? Someone should invent a pill that would refresh your relationships and restore the electricity and sparkle. I'll bet you could sell a few of those.

I hated to see the summer end when I was much younger, but now I long for it to end. Late October is usually the best time of the year for me.

Since Glorfindel was not in PJ's movie, I took the liberty of making him look like I thought he should in my new drawing. I used a picture of a very famous actor to base it on, but so far, only my brother has guessed who it was. I've also got a new Samwise in my gallery on the third page. Have a happy, happy Sunday! Swabby

Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2006 07:57
A speck in the distance, a slap of leather wings and a dragon glides gently into the FoF, spitting feathers from the Virtual Pillow Fight. :wave:s to vicarcat and awelyn. *tucks a pillow under a wing*

Thought I would come and warm up all those who are feeling the cold. :love:

Been a while, and my apologies. I have enjoyed my visit to my cousins in the Misty Mountains. Quite a gathering it was.

I have been visiting and reading all the posts here, but have had little to say. I have enjoyed all of the content and have had a smile. You are all such an entertaining crew.

I doubt I could catch up with all that has been said and won't really try. Perhaps I will just continue from here.

Swabby, I have seen your drawings and can only stand and admire. Glorfindel is lovely and am I right in guessing it's based on Paul Newman?

Hope those who are having a long weekend, enjoy the break. Ours in the UK, was last weekend. Over all too quickly.

I, like swabby, find it painful to see suffering children, vicarcat, or adults for that matter and it makes me feel angry too, and helpless.

Vicarcat, I have updated my miles and keep looking behind me to see if you are close.

My cousins and I are heading south for a break on the beach. There will be a Dragon Partay!! Lol!!

Well, I am off to cook dinner. Sausage and mash (creamed potatoes) and mushrooms. *looks round to see if any Hobbits heard* Lol!!

Take care y'all. :hug:
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2006 08:53
Rose if you check you'll find I'm pretty close behind you as I've got 534.5
to your last update of 538 miles... [or something like that].
so perhaps we might meet over tea in a glade soon?

Oh, regarding the invisible children I read on the website today that they
are making progress in Uganda with 300 of those children now in schools
and getting three hots and a cot too...
That is the children are getting food and a safe place to sleep while going
to school... There are more updates but I haven't read them all...
Also I want to get one of their bracelets to wear as the money goes to the childrens schooling costs...
The bracelet doesn't cost much and I'll get one when I have my financial
aid money...[Your federal taxes at work!].

Other then that I have not much to add...
I found out that Izze makes blueberry soda so I bought a 4pack of them... Though one in the pack was Pomegranet...
I had a blueberry tonight and will have the Pomegranet tomorrow...

Sorry I don't have photos of the outfits up...
I've to have Silverleaf take them as the old Renn Faire photos are gone...

I hope everyones work week is easy!
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2006 11:59
Vicarcat, do you post in The Eowyn Challenge thread in the Many Meetings Forum? Or do you just keep to the Challenge site. It would be lovely to see you in the thread. I can keep a closer eye on you then. Lol!!

News: Steve Irwin has died!!!! The Australian naturalist and TV personality was killed by a stingray during a diving expedition off the Australian coast. He was only 44!! Seems he was struck in the chest by the stingray's barb while he was filming a documentary in Queensland's Great Barrier Reef.

Unfortunately, Paramedics that went to the scene were unable to save him.

Steve was known for his television show The Crocodile Hunter and his work with native Australian wildlife.

I am totally shocked!!! I loved the man and his programmes. He was such an electric and enthusiastic person. It really feels like I have lost a friend. Strange how people can affect you. But I suppose he died doing what he loved. So sad for his two little girls and his wife, and his family. *shakes head sadly*

Hope everyone is having a great Labour Day.

Vicarcat: Those sodas sound lovely. Maybe, *if* you catch me up on the road to Lothlorien, my dear, we can raise a glass.

swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2006 02:40
What a slow day Sunday at FoF was, not even Awelyn showed up. At least Rose came by. (I wonder if she landed here by mistake) Oh, just kidding, of course.

I also heard about Steve Irwin, Rose, and it is a shock. I loved to watch his shows and found him to be very enthusiastic and entertaining. There are several others similar to him who push the envelope and endanger themselves for the sake of good viewing, and this is bound to make them think about what they're doing. I do feel for his lovely wife and children who I know will miss him much more than any of us.

Thankyou for your flattering words about my little drawings, Rose. Oh, and you are right! Paul Newman is Glorfindel. I guess the hair and bushy eyebrows couldn't disguise "cool hand Luke".

Today is Labor Day here in the colonies and I expect there to be a lot of barbequing going on. I might have taken a short motorcycle ride this morning but for the rain in the area. Old Swabby doesn't ride in the rain. Young Swabby didn't even know when it was raining. Have a great day. Swabby
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email