Register

<< First1415161718
Author Topic:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part VIII
on: October 10, 2006 03:03
Scots my goodness you did have a long day. I bet you were exhausted. Are you and Mith going to be able to get together again ? I hope you do it will help you get some much needed R and R.
I know you will be extremely happy when your counter tops are finished. Have a good day.

Brandy, Your afternoon sounds so relaxing. I use to take a book and read when I went fishing with my husband. It would be a relaxing time for me too. I loved the scenery and actually having a chance to read. Good luck on your repair and wouldn't it be great if the insurance company would pay for all of it.

Thank you Mith I need all the prayer I can get. How is Nebraska treating you? Have a great Tuesday my friend.

Point away Swabby and I will receive it. I hate having these huge things on my mouth. I see children in my job that are scared of new things and they are not going to like these big things on my lip. I will just try to make them comfortable and try to find a cover-up. I am glad Tommy had a good time. Yes, I had a Hispanic friend and she told me her coming out party cost as much as her wedding.But she could tell you every detail of that party . She felt so special and loved by her family. She was the only girl with 3 brothers.

Oh Jess, what a tender story. It must have been embarrassing for you. I am glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. What is the Skype program it sounds interesting.

Neenime yes I think about a month would do it. Yes, I will take that massage as well. I look forward to seeing the early morning photos. I hope you are going to post a picture of your Elvish costume. Have a good day.

Rose ,I have had friends tell me to put astringent on them but I am a big baby but I will try. My mom use to put a medicine on that they would dry to quickly and they would crack and bleed. If I give myself a double dose of zinc it helps. I think a nice cup of tea would help also.

Have a good day everyone.
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2006 03:38
I forgot to wish my Canadian friends a "happy Thanksgiving". Happy Thanksgiving y'all! Are there any similarities between your thanksgiving and ours? Do you have turkey and all the fixin's?

Once again I point my two palms toward southeast Missouri and rotate them as if, uh, as if I was drying my nail polish. Did you feel that, Awelyn? Really, though, I hope the cold sores disappear immediately.

Vodka makes an effective mouthwash, Scots. That's what the Myth busters determined, at least.

Brandy, the next time you make a shepard's pie I think you should sample a good bit of it first to make sure it turned out right.

Hello Mith! I haven't forgotten you. Have you been doing any cooking?

Later, my friends, Swabby
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2006 04:44
Many thanks for all the great Thanksgiving greetings! You all warm my heart.

Brandywine I also love a Fall hike. The colours, the crispness of the air, the smell of Mother Earth getting ready to go to sleep. So envigorating!

Sorry to see that you need deck/kitchen repairs. Thank goodness for insurance! I hope it all goes well.

Swabby Glad to see that sonny-boy is trying other social contacts. I am glad that he has such wise dad to help him along.

No worries about losing my footing. I go hiking with my darling hubby who calls himself "Goatus Geriatricus" (Old Goat). Besides, we chose a well-lighted lookout.

Do any of you know about Terry Fox? He was a brave young man who had lost one leg to cancer, when he decided to run across Canada to raise awareness and money for that cause in 1981 or /82. Sadly, he only made it from the Atlantic Coast to just outside Thunder Bay, when it was discovered that the cancer had spread to his lungs. He died within a year. He was posthumously awarded The Order of Canada and a lovely monument put up near Thunder Bay.

I took a nice photo of it, silhouetted against the sunrise. Will post that one when it's ready.

Jess your story about your son and that kind man really warmed my heart. :heart:

Awelyn I hope you’re feeling better.

[Edited on 10/10/2006 by Neenime]
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2006 06:38
Good to hear from you, Scots. Perhaps your orklings are in league with Grima, lol! What happened to the warm and sunny weather? Feel like I'm back in Ohio with these chilly days. :rolling:

Actually, Nebraska is not so bad, Awelyn. I feel very blessed to have had the opportunity to meet with Scots and also finding a wonderful church. I've become friends with a lady there. She is a little older but seems very young at heart...a widow and a marvelous person. We went out to lunch after church and talked for a long while. Hubby is saying there is a chance we may be here until the end of the year. If only we knew for sure....would make a trip back to Ohio and fetch a few more things like some Christmas decorations before the weather gets nasty.

Cook most every day, Swabby. I send leftovers or cook also for Hubby's lunch and breakfast. Have been trying to eat healthier and much easier to do that when making your own meals. Baked homemade bread yesterday and finally tried a friend's recipe for apple cake...very good, it was. (As in past tense, it didn't last for long!) Do you have a favorite shade of nail polish? Just remember it's best to do them after cleaning up the kitchen.

Well, I'm off to run a few errands. Good thing I remembered to bring my raincoat! A happy Tuesday to you all and may sunshine fill your hearts! :heart: :hug:
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2006 12:37
I am in SEVERE need of fun and excitement, swabby. May have to figure out a game plan for accomplishing a bit of that this weekend. I know CPR. You may be my back up plan. Don't worry. According to the e-mails I've forwarded today, I'm expecting a miracle tonight and lots of other very interesting things!!
Glad that Tommy enjoyed the party. Hopefully he'll be open to other outings.

Poor awelyn!! I also suffer from fever blisters/cold sores. I usually have a slight fever and feel a little "blah" while I have an outbreak. Hope you feel better soon. Abreva (over the counter medication) works for me!!

Not sure about those handcuffs, neenime, but Mr. Red Shirt can use them on me ANYTIME!! How's that for a little excitement??

Got to dash off to a meeting. Happy Thanksgiving for my Canadian friends!! Hope it was lovely. Lots of love to all!!

MT
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2006 01:18
MTMS I am sure that Monsieur Handcuffs could think of something for you to do. Maybe you can set a trap for a Ranger and play Hide and Seek (I hear they're good at tracking things).

Oh,Mith homemeade bread! Mmmmm. How I miss that , now that hubby has gone almost no-carbs on his diet. Still, we splurge on weekends a bit, so perhaps I'll make some yet. I cheat - I use a breadmaker.

I'm glad that you've found a good church for yourself. That's so important.

Well. we're hunkering down for our first winter storm! What's with that? It's only October and they're forecasting 10 cm of snow. Has Saruman been muttering nasty words into the wind?
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2006 01:20
Hi all,

Old Tom, love the cabinets. They are very craftsman style-looking which is my favorite.

Swabby, glad about Tommy's good time.

Mith, I thought of you while driving to Columbus last weekend for the game. The leaves are beautiful. DH commented they are turning early this year. There is one tree at the end of our street where the branches are still green except for the tips which are bright scarlet. It's beautiful.

I apologize and promise to get the address list out this weekend for Xmas cards. I'd say tomoorow or Thursday but I have parent conferences this week.......longest night of the year.

Happy Thanksgiving to our friends north of the border.

Sindy
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
jessamyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2006 05:34
Well the weather is changing rapidly up here. From unseasonably warm to snow tomorrow. I was really hoping it would'nt snow until after my move at the end of the month. Would somebody tell Saruman that he can't change the weather until November?

Neenime: Thank goodness for the bread machine! Would not know what to do without mine. Once tried making buns by hand and they turned into hockey pucks.

I think a few of us have the same taste in men. As for the handcuffs well, now would'nt that be an adventure. Heart going into overdrive, much too much excitement. Really don't think I can take this Mith :naughty: :disco:

Really short post. Absolutely have to get some sleep tonight. Was playing solitaire at 2:30 am today and hoping this is not turning into a pattern.

Awelyn: Skype is a great program. I use it to keep in touch with the family, who are scattered all over the globe. If you have a web cam and mike, you can interact in real time with anyone. The calls are free and you can actually see the person you are talking with providing they have the same set up. The download is free.

Gotta go to bed. Night everyone. :sleepy: :yawn:
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2006 08:16
Aiya! Just checking in for a bit...
I knew I missed something on my sunday post...
I hope the holidays were happy.

Cold sores mrrf! Nastys... I get them when my stress is high.
Hope yours heal quickly...

I got a matress pad yesterday it is thin but helps to pad out
the mattress cover until we get that futon....

Hmmm why is it that all my middle class American style clothes
don't feel right but my Fae and Elven clothes fit right even
when I have to move fast? Sigh I'll figure it out yet...

So far so good on my week just busy and all.

It was 65*F today so I was happy with my 3.5 mile walk.

Well got to get some sleep as I didn't get much this morning.
And none last night.

Grima can wait along with the tax collector who has to wait
because I don't make enough money to pay taxes at all...

Now if Aragorn or any other Gentles care to wander through
my dreams that will be fine in my book. :naughty: :blush:
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 02:00
*rushes in, glares at Grima....don't you dare you, you....!!*

Missed yesterday completely coming in here. *get off Grima!!* Don't where the day went.

*slaps Grima and pulls out standup figure of Haldir. Stands behind said figure and sticks tonue out at the Wormtongue.* Ha!!

Must dash. I'll read through your posts properly this evening and write something sensible then. Yes we will preciousss, we will.

Hugs and a good day to you all. :heart:

Rosie xxx
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 02:11
Dangerous Liaisons, eh ?I see we ladies have some interesting tastes in entertainment. Are we coasting close to the point where Belle will warn us the behave?

May all our dreams be plentiful in Rangers, Elves, lovely ladies (for our gentlemen members) and other good things.

Jess I hope you slept well. Insomnia is such a drag. Had a long bout of it a few years ago, but largely solved that problem. Now if I can just stay out of the late-night chocolate brownies

Sindy thanks for doing the list again this year. No worries. My post office says Dec 4th is the last day for overseas letters to arrive for Christmas. So, unless someone is sending Rangers, Orcses or Rings in the Christmas mail, we should be fine.

Vicarcat I am glad that your sleeping arrangements are getting better, however slowly. Good thing you noticed what was wrong with the last set!

Rose don't you worry about Grima. You distract him while a few of us roll up a barrel of salt fish behind him. On the count of three push him in................. That'll keep him nicely enough. hehehehe
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 03:30
Rose, I just saw Grima and he had a spring in his step and a sparkle in his eye. He was even singing a little song, something about "No fairer flower on Middle Earth grows than the one they call Manchester Rose! With kisses sweet that curl my toes, her long embrace doth stir my soul!" Wow, I don't know what could've happened to him, but I think he's in love!

Ah, you girls are sissys. I make my bread by hand. I beat it up real good and subdue that unruly dough. I go "Take that, and that, and that!" Then I give it a real hay-maker and shriek "Suspend habeous corpus will ya?" Whack! I feel much better afterwards and my bread is light as a cloud.

Oops, I hope I didn't scare anyone with my dangerous behavior. If I get too rowdy, just scratch me behind my ear.

Have a great hump-day! Swabby

Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 04:18
Ah, you girls are sissys. I make my bread by hand. I beat it up real good and subdue that unruly dough. I go "Take that, and that, and that!" Then I give it a real hay-maker and shriek "Suspend habeous corpus will ya?" Whack! I feel much better afterwards and my bread is light as a cloud.

LOL, Swabby, there have been many times when I pounded and kneaded thinking similar thoughts. Well, perhaps it does curb the urge to hit hubby over the head but mostly I am used to doing it that way and can't see having to clean the bread maker.

Neenime, I can't seem to do without carbs. And I have a real weakness for homemade toast with butter. But at least in giving some away, it prevents me from eating too much. Alas, gone are the days when I could eat 3 or 4 slices.

Sindy, the colors of the leaves sound so beautiful. I can visualize them in my mind. Thanks for sending those thoughts! Have you ever been to western Pennsylvania in or near the mountains? A gorgeous sight in the fall.

Excitement, MT? I know what you mean. But then sometimes no excitement means less stress so not always a bad thing. I have a feeling we would kick up lots of excitement were we to venture out together. Look out, Middle Earth, lol.

Forgot to mention earlier this week that we got some really good news in the mail. We had another letter from the IRS...I was hesitant to open it as we have been dealing with the audit since January. Anyways, hubby came home and opened the letter and read aloud something like this...."We are pleased to inform you that we found no changes on your tax return". What a relief to know that honesty and persistence paid off. Just wonder how many people don't do that and pay.

Well must go get in the shower. I was invited to a ladies meeting at the church today. They had another one last night but was not convenient for me so going to this one where it is mostly seniors! But sounds like good fun and fellowship and I don't mind age differences. They are having lunch and showing slides of the Holy Land.

Happy hump day! :heart::love: :hug:
jessamyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 05:37
Aah! Carbs, what would we do without them? Love my bread - even if it does come out of the machine! Having visions of Swabby pounding the dough. My favourite bread is probably a really good multi-grain with lots of nutty like things in it. But, the chocolate chip/coconut bread, toasted with chocolate peanut butter on it, hot out of the bread maker is definitely comfort food. Might even satisfy Grima! As for being a sissy Swabby. Well, I'll have you know I know Karate!!! :nono: My bread might not be the best, but my cheescake is the tops.

Found a great site for all those needleworkers out there. Have no idea how to post a link (help, would be appreciated). Its called Heaven and Earth Designs and has all kinds of wonderful fantasy, fairy, elven, goth stuff on it from lots of artists. No LOTR stuff, but the elvish art could be adapted.

Really glad the taxes worked out for you Mith. Were'nt taxes supposed to be a temporary thing at one time? Please feel free to inhale and take a deep breath. Hope your ladies meeting goes well. The Holy Land is one place I've always wanted to see. Enjoy.

Last night was wonderful. 7 hours of sleep, only interrupted by Aragorn chasing me through Lothlorien. Am not going to divulge what happened later. :blush: Hopefully will get the same tonight (I mean sleep).

Vicarcat: I'm so glad you are sleeping on something a little more comfortable. Hope the futon comes very soon. As for the elven clothes feeling better than your regular ones. We all belong in Middle Earth so its only natural. I know when I get into my Ren Fair clothes, I feel like I belong. Its so much more me. I feel like my real self. May you get some really good nights sleep and hopefully your dreams will be as good as mine.

Got to go and donate a load of stuff to the Salvation Army depot today and move some of the stuff that won't fit into the new place over to my sons. Not the best day to do this as we have a major storm front moving in. But only time I can get the truck. Everybody have a lovely day. Will check in later.

Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 06:27
Bread-making I much prefer to "wrastle" it by hand, but having enough time to do it all from scratch is often a problem.

Carbs the bane of my existence. I am almost ready to believe that I am addicted to them. It's so hard to give them up or even to cut down, but I have been able to and I adjust. At least until I start letting them cneak back into my life, then I 'm on a roll again. Oy Vey!

Jess so glad that you slept. I'll bet that Ranger helped. And don't tell us you just want more sleep. You probably want more Ranager action too! I would!!!!

Mith so glad the tax news is good! :disco: I was re-assessed because of an error on my employer's part and ended up owing another $3000 !!!! Just arranged a private loan last Fridayto pay it off . Am appealing the late penalties because they are certanly NOT my fault. GRRRRRRRRRR!

Well it's noon and some snow is sticking to the ground in the rural areas. We'll see what the next few hours brings. Jess This is one of those times you might be glad NOT to have a driveway!
I have my boots ready.
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 09:44
Hi guys

Anyone who really wants to kiss Grima should try this site - http://www.wozupdoc.net/kissgrima.html

They also have lots of other pics you can kiss including Ara baby! For the gents there are nice pictures of Eowyn and she who will remain nameless.

Hope you are all well.

Love and Hugs

HT:heart:
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 12:27
For the cross stitchers, I think you could probably get some of that iron-on paper for making tee-shirts, print out a colored LOTR picture and iron it on the cross stitch material. Let me know because it sounds greta.

Sindy
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 02:25
Hope that you make it through conference night, sindy. It can be so very draining and at times, discouraging.

Got my kissing quotient in today, HT, thanks to you! Aragorn: 10,006. Grima: 0 My pucker is tuckered.

Like that dream of Aragorn chasing in Lothlorien, Jess. May have to borrow that one.:evil::love:

Seems as if we share some addictions, neenime: Aragorn and carbs. Not a bad combination, I'd say!!

Subduer of dough is another one of your titles, swabby? You are so multi-talented!
Heard a roaring engine outside my bedroom window this morning at about 5:15. Still asleep, I imagined that you had ridden up on your motorcycle to give me a ride. I got up out of bed walking towards the door, when I realized that it was my neighbor. Maybe one day...

Good news from IRS is hard to come by, mith. So glad that you got some. (now that sounds like something swabby would say.

Hope for excitement this weekend.....THE SHRIMP FESTIVAL is this weekend!!! May find myself wandering around Gulf Shores admiring the shrimp, listening to the bands, walking along the beach...:heart::heart:

MT
awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 05:04
Swabby, You can make homemade bread too. You are surely a wonder my friend.

Rose, I can't believe it but the perfume helped my cold sore. It did sting like Hades though. Thank you .

Mith, you sound a little home sick to me. Pennsylvania sounds very pretty at this time of your. How was your ladies meeting at church? Did you have a good time? :disco: Anytime its good news from IRS it is time to celebrate. Have a good night.

HT Hello, I could not get that link.

Sindy that is a good idea.
Well Jess and Neenime did you get lots of snow? I to like carbs myself. That chocolate chip coconut bread made my mouth water. I hope you get some sleep tonight.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 05:53
Hi ladies.

I don't know about Thunder Bay area but here in central Manitoba, we got snow that stayed until noon and turned to water. This was on Tuesday. Today I wish I was in Hades. It was 26F here. * Long underwear here I come.*

Well, the stress is gone and I'm enjoying my life. Might do this for a while then get another part time job.

Right now I'm trying to think about a costume for a lottery booth. Might go as a ticket or dress up with just make-up so that it doesn't distract my view.

I, too, love homemade bread. My mother used to make 15 loaves every 2 days. She had 6 kids to feed and a husband that took a loaf himself when he was on the fields all day. I also made bread in a machine and without exercising, I put on 40 pounds in 1 1/2 years. MAN WAS I FAT!!!!!!!!

Chocolate, did someone say chocolate. Just read the CoE Newsletter and that's all they talked about. It made my mouth water. I LOVE CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a chocoholic. I never put on any weight with it. It's the chips that do it, so I stay away from chips.

I kissed Grima twice. Some people think he is bad but hey, so am I. I am a balrog afterall.:heart::heart::love:

Well, I'm going to do some letters and then maybe some games.

See you all on the flipside.

Namárië
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 11, 2006 11:08
Swabby Wow you do homemade bread?

I've made it a couple of times. Lovely little old lady in my area came to my house one day to teach me how. in the last rising she says you, "punch it and name it, then you can bake it." She liked the punch part pretty well. Turned out good though. She works with us at the elementary school and the principal pays her every once in awhile to make us cinnamon rolls. I'm thinking we might get some on the 25th and 26th of October. Those are our conference days. Lots to do until then though.

Chocolate did I hear Chocolate! Our poor principal, she is so good to us, buys us chocolate in those little mixed bags with Snickers and Three Musketeers and Mikly Way Dark (my favorite). She figures if it keeps us happy...great. The other day we all had a stressful day and had headaches. We lined up in a row and gave each other neck rubs and ate chocolate. It actually cured my headache.

Well I'm being an insomniac again and I'd better get back to sleep. My son called at 1:00 a.m. His car is broke down in Twin Falls, 30 minutes away, I had to go get him.

Talk to you all later.

Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all my Canadian friends!
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2006 12:38
Late post I know.

Thanks for the link, I kissed every availible Elf.
so I think you can call me a Pervy Elf Fancier now...
I never could decide which Elf to Kiss!

Sindy, what thread count were you thinking of on that
cross stitch?I am thinking of using tabor/chain stitch
instead of the cross stitch. And I'll get that iron on transfer
paper for the printer to make the images with.

Wish I could eat a bunch of bread but I'm carb restricted now.

Sigh not much else to say except I hope everyones days go well...
:yawn: :wave: :sleepy:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2006 02:08
Kissing Grima- too funny! Thanks, HT that's a funny site.

The snow storm was little more than flurries in Thunder Bay. About an hour north of here they had to close the highway for about 8 hours due to slippery conditions. It's OK now. More snow coming, but just a sprinkle. *sigh* It begins. Caradhras, here we come.

Mmmmm Cinnamon Buns. If I were domesticated, I would make some for the TTT showing tomorrow. We'll see what the evening brings. I haven't done any jogging this week, so I really have to get on that treadmill tonight, come Orcs or High Water.
:evil:

Have a lovely day, all. Balrog you can use your newfound spare time to search for those long-johns!
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: October 12, 2006 02:13
Just a flyby post to say hello, and that I'm still around... I'm just having an awfully busy week, today's the first day when I've got some proper online time. Today and tomorrow will be approximately normal, and I'll try and return with a proper post, but then, I'll be away from Saturday to Sunday.

And, I hope that I won't catch a cold; there's been some virus going round lately.

Belated Happy Thanksgiving wishes to all the Canadians!
awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 12, 2006 03:02
Good morning fellow Americans and good afternoon UKers. My goodness we had a cold front move through last night. It is 44 degress F right now and the high is suppose to be 54 F for the high. Well, I love it. I adore the color and smells and cooler temperatures of Autumn. We have three apple trees in my backyard and I think it is cool to just go pick apples to eat right off the tree. We don't spray our apples.

Balrog, I also read the newsletter about chocolate and also the interview with Rivka. The interview upset me because one of the questions was about the future of COE. She said the outlook was not good. It just made me sick to think there would be no COE or FOF. What would I do if I could not post to you guys everyday. What could we do if that happens? How could we help COE stay online. Mods any ideas. Belle, Rose, Morwin any ideas? Balrog I am glad your life is less stressful and you have time for you.

Morwin have a good weekend and I hope you don't catch a cold either.

Neenime I am glad you did not get alot os snow. When do usually det your first snow in Thunder Bay? I was using a leaf blower last night and I thought I was doing great until last night when my rotator cuff stated acting up and my husband could not undrestand why I was hurting. It will be awhile before I do that again.

MTMS, I had a group of friends leave yesterday on a mission trip to Africa. They would be on the plane or their flying time would be 24 hours. I would have had to have been on medication hot and heavy for that flight. You take care of yourself and the Shrimp festival sounds like fun.

Mith , I wish I had more time to cook and be home. Well, I guess more time at home is coming after I have my surgery. Last time I had to stay home 6 weeks. Have a good day.

Brandywine. Well bless your heart I hope you get more sleep. How is things on your farm. I have a letter from Randi (the lady from Texas that has a farm) to finish writing she always has stories about her farm.

Jess, I hope you have a great time at Neenime's tomorrow and did you get everything taken care of yesterday. Do you have recipe for the bread you talked about yesterday? Oh, happy moving. I am also going to pm you. I have some questions about NZ.

Swabby I hope you have a good day today. I think I will make chili tonight and I think I will make cornbread with it also. How is your weather?

Vicarcat, Oh you can't eat bread:cry: have you adjusted to that or is it still difficult for you? It would be difficult for me. I saw a special on tv and I though of your sleeping situation. It was on bed bugs and they were saying all the places that have had them from swanky hotels to vacation inns in the mountains. Some people were suing because they had had a allergic reactions.

Hello HT have a great day.

Calle, how are doing? A quick hi to you.
jessamyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2006 03:43
Another good nights sleep. This is starting to be a record. Long may it keep up.

Awelyn I'll pm you with the recipe for the Chocolate, Coconut bread. Carbs yes. But think of it as good comforting carbs! Re: questions about NZ. Ask away.

Have'nt read the newsletter yet, but that is really disturbing info about COE. I love this site and would be terribly sad if anything happened to remove it from the net.

Well our winter storm was pretty much a storm in a teacup. It has gotten a lot colder though. So who knows what the rest of the day will bring.

Neenime: I wish you were domesticated enough to make cinnammon buns as well But when the company is good and the movie is great, who needs 'em. I'm bringing taco chips and salsa and I will count myself lucky to have found some real ringers in T.Bay.

Getting a little bored around here, as most of my packing is done. All my sketching, crosstitch, quilting stuff is packed and I'm pretty much looking at bare walls. Thank God I love to read. Not really looking forward to this move. But I have to make the best of the situation . I think things will probably improve when I finally make the transition. It's a much smaller place and I've had to pare down. Freeing in many ways, but all the STUFF had meaning in small ways. Sold my kids rocking horse yesterday. It went to a good home, but felt like I was waving goodbye to an old friend. OK enough of the moan and groan session. On with life!

swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2006 05:59
What's this about CoE's future? I don't know about the rest of you, but I need my daily dose of FoF and am sure I'd suffer some kind of withdrawals without it.

Mith, I forgot to answer your question the other day. I do wear nail polish on two of my fingernails. They've developed splits or fisures that gives me problems when I finger-pick a guitar, so I use this polish that has tiny fibers in it that reinforces my two faulty nails. It's clear and not very decorative. Now my toe nails, I've really got them fancied up. Nah, just kidding.

Thanks for that kissing thing, HT. I accidentally gave Wormtongue a peck, but I think he thought it was Rose.

Speaking of Rose, where is she? She said she was going to come back and write a proper post yesterday, but she never did. I hope the orcs haven't taken her captive. Did y'all see where her terrific poem "The Wanderer's Story" won something?

I'm glad you're sleeping better, Jessamyn. What's the cost of living like in NZ and how difficult is it to move there?

It's a lot cooler here today, Awelyn. It feels nice, actually.

Yes, Brandy, I make bread. I do a lot of cooking and always have, but I do enjoy having someone cook for me sometimes, which hardly ever happens.

I'm supposed to get my car back from the bodyshop tommorow and I'll be glad to get rid of this land barge they gave me to drive.

May it be known to those of you who I didn't mention that I care about you and think about you.:heart: Swabby
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2006 06:55
It has been a bit cool in our apartment even with the heat on. Didn't think much of it as I don't like it too warm until this morning when the temperature inside was 50. :cry: No wonder the warm covers made it difficult to arise this morning! Anyways, got up and turned on the oven and called for maintenance. They came about an hour later and had it fixed in a few minutes!

Swabbyy, have a lovely shade of dark blue polish you could wear on your toenails. It would go with most any outfit so don't think you have to settle for pink or red polish. Hey, I'll cook a meal for you and do your toenails.

Thanks, HT, for the kissing site. I had seen the Legolas one but didn't realize that Ara-baby was on it also! Now we need the photo to come to life and many of us would be in Ranger heaven. :heart:

Neenime, hope you can arrange for the penalties to be dropped. It certainly doesn't seem right but that may not matter to whoever is in charge. Seems we all pay way too much in taxes as it is. Hopefully, since it was the fault of your employer rather than a CPA or yourself, they will be dropped.

Have a great time at the Shrimp Festival, MT! It sure sounds like lots of fun, especially walking the beach and listening to the bands.

Awelyn, the ladies meeting was really a monthly get-together recently started for mostly retired and older folk. The lunch was nothing great but didn't go for that. Enjoyed the time meeting new people and friends. They showed parts I and II of a film on the Holy Land which was very interesting. A really funny part was when the Associate Pastor led us in singing (if you can call it that) two hymns. He messed up on some of the lines and really no one there could sing and there was no accompaniment (music) to guide us. But we all laughed about it and kept (trying to) sing along anyways.

What is this about COE possibly ending? Hope it never does but we all need to think of an alternative just in case that happens. Don't want to lose touch with all the wonderful FOF here.

Well, making cabbage rolls so better get them started. Still enjoying starting my day with a slice of toasted homemade bread. Know what you mean about it putting on weight, Balrog. Have to limit the portions here and not have the 3 or 4 pieces I would love to have! Giving some away helps as well.

It is cold here in the 30's but wind chill in the 20's although nice and sunny.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! :heart::love: :hug: And here's some extra hugs to keep you all warm! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2006 11:17
Hi everyone. I was Grima-napped. Lol. No, only kidding. I have been a bit busy is all. Thanks for your lovely versed words, swabby. :love:

As far as CoE and it's future, Swabby was probably referring to an interview with Rivka, the Site owner, in Realm of Yavanna's Newsletter. The Council Courier has been shelved and one of the Admins came up with the idea that each Realm does its own Newsletter.

When you click the link above, just scroll down to the second post and you can read Rivka's interview. Seems there's hope though, as you will read. . Also, my poem, swabby was referring to is in the first post.

That's why I didn't get back to do a post here, as I was editing and coding and preparing Nienna's Newletter for posting on the site, next month.

Bread seems to have been the main chat. Love bread, and making it too. Not bad at producing the 'staff of life', if I do say so. Sorry to hear that you don't eat much, if any, bread, neenime.

Good news about your tax, Mith.

Jess, I have pmd you about doing links. Hope you could understand my explanation. Lol!! It's easier to show people. But I am sure you will get the hang of it. And good to hear you got some sleep.

Snow!! Neenime...wow!! Doubt we'll see much of that in my area of the UK.

Loved the kissgrima site, HT. Lol!!

That cross stitch idea, sound really good, Sindy. Thanks.

Glad my tip for getting rid of the coldsore helped, awelyn. The old remedies are sometimes the best.

Hugs to those I haven't mentioned. :love: :hug:

And hugs to everyone else. :hug:

Rosie xxx
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: October 12, 2006 12:13
Be of good cheer, fellow CoEers! We're not going anywhere. The site might be slower and not have as many new bells and whistles, but as Rivka said, she won't be getting rid of it. There's too much invested in it emotionally and financially for it to go belly up at this point. She's an awesome person to host this place at her own expense and keep it running. Although she's not here all the time, she still pops in to see how we're all doing. :love:
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2006 12:51
She is indeed, Belle. :love: Awesome fits the bill, and it is her birthday today, so perhaps we can raise our glasses to Rivka. :cheers: Happy Birthday Rivka :cheers:
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 12:04
Happy Birthday Rivka!
Sorry about posting so late... :blush:

I think that Silverhaired Elf finaly got the idea that he doesn't
have to dress like Humans do at Nightwatch.
He was wearing a dark sleeveless overtunic in velvet over a
flowered longsleeved tunic and hose with his rainbow pouch
and boots this evening. Now to get him to braid his har...
*Must post note to self...
Make sure Silverhair has cloak for cold windy weather.

Hmmm Silverleaf found some resources for land grants and loans,
so we might be a bit closer to getting that land in the coastal
range that he wants...
He will be spending most of his free time on getting that sorted
out and on getting us into an apartment on the outskirts of town
before moving to the forest....

Meanwhile I am sorting out stuff between homework and
Nightwatch. Sigh I owe folks some pics and will attempt to get
them ready for posting after doing laundry on Saturday...

I am carb restricted not carb denied so I do get some bread...
but more meat and fruit pies and crackers then loaf breads.
It is the refined cane sugar that really gets me.
Eeeeeekkkk! :dizzy: :rolling: :sleepy: :banghead: sugar crashes :evil: !!!
Anyone have a good recipie for mincedmeat pie? :heart:
Preferable with honey and not refined sugar.....

Was sunny today but fog is expected in the morning and rain by Sunday.
Was 75*F for the high and 45*F for the low.
Will be in the 60s*F over the weekend...

Hmmm if I winn the lottery where do I send funds for CoE?...

TGIF! :disco: :cheers: And Hot Chocolate for the snowbound Folks!

Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 02:29
As Rose and Belle already said, you don't have to fear for CoE disappearing in the foreseeable future, although it probably will change to some extent - become more book orientated now that the heyday brought on by the movies has passed. And, if someday this site should vanish, there are lots of free hosting sites for small messageboards - the FoF could then put up their own board!

You've already had the first snow there across the Atlantic?

Cat, if you win the lottery some day, Rivka has a Paypal account for CoE.

Happy Friday, a nice weekend, and lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: to everyone!
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 02:33
Jess I am glad that you're taking a realistic attitude to your move. Even so, but I can fully understand how difficult it must be to part with things that are important.

Mith no worries, I'm not carb-less. It's hubby who should be mostly without them. I still get my toast most mornings and eat a little starchy stuff with supper, but no more big pasta dishes for supper. We indulge in carbs on the weekend - Saturday morning breakfast out before grocery shopping and something nice and starchy (like roast potatoes) with Sunday supper.

Cinnamon bun fantasy was just that - a fantasy. Ended up watching a good film last night - Everything is Illuminated . Elijah Wood plays a quirky young fellow who returns to Ukraine to find his Jewish ancestry. It's a quirky film -totally typical crazy Ukrainian types (just as I recall them), but also very touching story about tragedy, family and remembering.

TTT and friends tonight! Woo-hoo. :disco:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 02:44
Belle, thank you I feel so much better and if I can ever help COE in any capacity let me know.

Happy Birthday,Rivka! I hope you have a great day.

Well, I wrote Randi last night and I try to fill her in on the things going on here at FOF. It is difficult to remember everything to keep her abreast of what has been happening here.

Rose, Grimma napped how awful and I guess you fought your way out shield maiden . Oh ,thank Goodness you were just kidding Have a good day.

Mith thank goodness you got your heat fixed. It is very chilly here today and I still am waiting to turn on the heat. It is in the 30's last night but it is suppose to warm up here today lower 70's high 60's. Cabbage rolls sound so good. I have never eaten any cabbage rolls but I love cabbage. How do you fix them says the cooking novice I just cook what my family likes to eat.

VicarCat, have a good day. Oh you can eat bread sometimes or at least some carbs. Well, that is good. I don't have that recipe I don't like mincement pie but you could also try the computer to find one.
<< First1415161718
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email