Register

<< First1415161718
Author Topic:
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part VIII
on: October 13, 2006 05:19
I'm sure glad to hear that CoE isn't going anywhere for a while. Unlike some of you, I don't participate in any other sites. I've tried a couple of others, but they just didn't suit me.

I had to turn on the heat a while ago, it was getting chilly in the house.

The sorry sap-suckers don't have my car ready. I should go down there and poke holes in their paint cans.

Mrs Swabby was supposed to go on a "whistle stop" train ride as part of the entourage with the democratic candidate for Arkansas governor this morning, but came back home feeling bad. I guess I should have gone except I might have hexed him.

I hope you girls don't break Grima's heart. Hopelessly pathetic back-stabbers need love, too. I took pity on his sister, after all.

I guess my waistline is sensitive to carbs alright, but I have to have a certain amount of them or I start feeling bad. It's the same with protiens also. I remember back in '76 how I went from 225 pounds to 155 pounds in six months by starving myself. I can't even starve myself for one day now without turning green around the gills. I made banana-nut muffins this morning using half whole-wheat flour. I also use egg substitute and lots of heart-healthy walnuts in them, so they're pretty healthy to eat.

I've got a new Legolas drawing posted in case anyone's interested. Have a happy Friday, all you great gals!(you too, old Tom) Swabby
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 06:13
I'm so thankful to know COE will not be closing anytime soon. I've tried and joined some other sites but the bit of time spent on the computer these days is on COE or writing emails to family and friends.

And happy (belated?) birthday, Rivka!

Swabby, hope the Mrs. feels better. Do you nurse as well as doctor, cook, clean, massage, rescue, etc.? Will check out your drawing a bit later this weekend. Will be something to look forward to for sure!

Meant to say yesterday but forgot while typing....glad you got some rest, Jess. Had one of those nights last night, so can sympathize.

The cabbage rolls do take a bit of time but not difficult, Awelyn. I used brown & long grain rice (from the health store) but you could use any kind. Mix it with ground beef, egg and some seasonings....a bit like meatloaf. Meanwhile the cabbage head has to be steamed for a while to soften the leaves. When those are both done, I take a bit of the meat mixture and wrap in individual cabbage leaves. I put spaghetti sauce over it and bake for a few hours covered and usually uncover and bake the last hour. Don't really follow any recipe but they go over well and makes enough that I have some extra for Hubby's lunches. Made an apple cake as well so was quite busy in the kitchen yesterday.

Well time to do paperwork and run some errands. Hubby's day off tomorrow and we are going to the Old Town Market so should be fun. Don't tell Grima or he will be waiting but may not get on to post tomorrow.

:heart:Have a happy Friday! :love: :hug:
jessamyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 07:38
One of the best things about coming to Canada was discovering cabbage rolls and perogies. I add some cooked chopped bacon to mine and pour V8 juice over the top. My mouth is watering.

Swabby emigrating to NZ is really difficult. You have to have a job to go to, a certain amount of cash and sponsors. I guess pretty much like any other country. It is a pretty expensive place to live. We also have a different grid system, so electronics that work here, won't work there without special adapters. Things like cosmetics, books, any imports are costly. Visually its a gorgeous place, especially the Bay of Islands up north and Milford Sound in the South. Save your pennies and visit sometime. You'll love it. Friendly people and a much slower pace of life.

Wow! Now I can breathe a sigh of relief. So glad to hear that nothing is going to happen to us here at COE. That certainly made me sit up and take notice. Happy Belated Birthday Rivka! :cheers:

Woke up this morning to the snow coming down like crazy. But then the sun came out and its almost all gone. I'm just not quite ready for winter yet. Everybody have a lovely weekend. I'm off to Neenime's tonight for The Two Towers. Be still my beating heart! NO I'm not going just for Grima. I'd jump on a horse anytime just for Eomer.:love:
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 10:00
And a good friday evening to you all.
Hi Awelyn :wave: Thanks for saying hi. I have been sooo busy!
Jess and Neenime, have a good time. Wish we were all watching it with you.
Awelyn, I hope your surgery goes smoothly and you recover quickly.
Now I must say, reading through the posts, it scared me to death about CoE shutting down. Thank you so much for clearing that up. I dont know what I'd do without you all.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RIVVKA!!!! I thank you with all my heart for this wonderful site. :love:
I will be flying to the states next Saturday for nine days so I will be absent except for quick catch ups from my sisters computer. I will feel better visiting my mum and seeing how she's doing, but oh I hate flying. It terrifies me
I am really looking forward to November and the Manchester collectormania. Looks like I finally get to meet another fof'er.
Its late and I am tired from work but I will have some time in the morning so will post again.
good night to you all! I am so glad to know CoE will be around.:love:
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 10:34
Just a quick post.

Snow .... people have got snow!! I want some.

My thoughts, Morwin, too, about using a free board to meet up on, but hopefully that won't be necessary for a looooong time.

Checked your Leggy drawing out, swabby. Stunned, as usual. You are da artist, my friend!! A pain to hear about your car. Go poke them, go poke them. Lol!!

Oooh, sounds like an ideal evening, Jess. Give Neenime a hug from me.

Yay!! calle. Can't wait to meet you.

Hugs to those I haven't mentioned. :hug:

That's all Folks!! Off to take the jacket potatoes out and fry up some sausages, served with crusty bread and butter. Yum!!

Blessings y'all :heart:

Rosie xxx

[Edited on 14/10/2006 by Rosearialelven]
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 04:37
Hi everyone.

Been a bit busy with work lately. Boss came back from her surgery and everything is great. She can see!!!!!! I'm so glad. Roommate is going in for surgery. She has to have bypass. They are taking out an artery in her right arm and replacing the bad artery (secondary) one. She will be in for a week.

It's nice to here that CoE is not going anywhere. I got nervous on how we are going to keep in touch.

Nice to here eveyone is doing fine. :hug: s all around.

Happy Birthday Rivka. :love: If it wasn't for you, we would not have gotten to know anyone. Three cheers for Rivka :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Neemine and Jess: move over on the couch for one more. If I can't be there then I will watch my own movies. I will have a week to watch them.

I've decided to go has a lottery ticket for Halloween. It will be cool costume.

Well, I'm going to go ad design my costume. It is going to take some time. I have only 2 1/2 weeks to do it.

Namárië
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 10:04
Happy Belated Birthday to Rivka and many thanks for the continuation of the site. It is the most wonderful place on my internet experience besides the story I am writing with friends in the RPG. :cheers:

Awelyn Thank you for your thinking of me and my insomnia. I am at it again as I write. It is nearly 2:00 a.m. my time. Someday sleep will claim me properly again each night. (I hope)

Jessamyn hope all gos well with your move. That's a tough thing to have to do. Condensing and compartmentalizing one's life into a mountainof packing boxes.

Swabby Men who can cook are totally awesome. My hubby gets up every morning and fixes his lunch as he prepares to drive truck all day hauling spuds.

Rose Thanks for the link to the newsletter. I went there and read much of it and want to go back to the links and look at everything. Thanks for everything you do as well, Rose. Loved your poem. :hug:

To all those I have not mentioned blessings and hugs to all of you. :wave: :hug: To those in cold and snowy climbs-Have a good day. BBrrr...(shivers)

Getting sleepy again so I am headed back to bed.
Sleep well all of you!
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 10:27
*slides in the FoF Room*

Saturday, you guys. Everything at the gallop as usual.

I wish I could sprinkle sleepy dust on all you insomniacs. My daughter suffers from that too. Tries all times to go to bed, but still ends up staring at the ceiling at 3:00 in the morning. Then when she does finally nod off, it's time to get up for work.

Hi Brandyyyyy!! Huggles.

Balrog: Hope we are going to have a pic of you and your costume.

I now have the Limited Edition LotR DVDs.

Watched just a tweeny bit of the Extras/Documentary disc for FotR last night. Wow!! It looked excellent. Some great back scenes stuff, I mean really, really back scenes, seeing the actors learning lines, how they do the special effects, and some great fun seeing Billy, Dom and Lij, goofing around. Then the other disc in the two disc sets of each film, has the theatrical and the extended version, one on each side.

Well, that's it, better run.

Have a good Saturday, everyone. May the road rise to meet you and may the breeze be ever at your back.

:hug: :wave: :heart:

Rosie xxxx
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 13, 2006 11:44
Just a quick note as it is after 2:30 am here...

Silverleaf made cinnamon Lembas on friday... nice for snaking.
I said it was only missing the raisins and nuts to make it trailworthy...

Saw Timberwolf at Nightwatch...
wish those Wood-Elves he is working with would be less fussy,
probably a reaction to city environs...

Looks like we will be serving on sundays at St. Vincent's dining
hall.A good place to voluntee,r and we will be working under
Sister Catherine too.

Hmmm ok who did I leave out?:blush::yawn::sleepy::blush: !!!
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2006 01:35
balrog Wow - I pray that your roommate's bypass goes well. Here are some angels to watch over her (and you) :angel:

Cat Lembas bread for SNAKING, you say ?! Gosh, is that a strange new hobby where you live or did you mean "SNACKING"?

Rose You can have some snow from the southern part of our province. The poor dears (who hardly see 20 flakes all winter)_ got hammered with 30 cm overnight! Last time that happened in a big city there (Toronto) they called out the army to dig them out. The rest of Canada (which deals with such snow regularly) teased them mercilessly afterwards.

TTT viewing Oh, it was such fun. The shy young (well, 23 is young ) daughter of a friend came along and seemed to have a great time with us. We were were mouthing the words to well-known dialogue (just like the Rocky Horror PictureSHow! Only we didn't throw toast at the screen ).

There's certainly room on the couch , but the dog will be eyeing your snack food. So, beware!

Cabbage Rolls My mom and my husband's mom do it the traditional Ukrianinan way. They usually don't include any meat and I prefer them without. We use a combo of tomato soup base and tomato juice to bake them.

The other secret is to steam the leaves ahead of time, the freeze them. When they thaw later, they are more pliable (kind of like Ranger after a hot bath and a couple of ales. Ooops - did I say that aloud?) :blush:

Greetings to LK, in case she is "lurking". :wave: "Dobrey -den' "
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2006 03:39
Thanks for the info on NZ, Jess. It certainly looks like a beautiful country. I'm not a city person at all, so I'm sure I would like it there.

I guess I've never had any really good cabbage rolls, only the ones I had in Navy chowhalls. I like cooked cabbage, though, but usually have it in soups or steamed in a pot. I love it with corned beef and boiled po-ta-tos, with mustard sauce. Oh, I forgot about the asian variety that's in a lot of oriental dishes. There is a hot, pickled cabbage relish from Korea called "kimchee" that I really like. Oh heck, I just like cabbage---any kind, and any way you fix it.

I hope to see a little snow down here in the Ozarks this winter, but I'm not ready for it yet. Any time from Christmas eve untill the end of January will be fine.

Balrog, I hope your friend's surgery goes well. Having a bypass is serious stuff, and it feels like you've been eaten by a great white shark then spit out. Some of them can now be done through a small incision, which would be wonderful in comparison to the old way. You will need to take care of her for a while.

Thanks a lot to those of you who view my drawings or read my poems and say flattering things. Happy Saturday, Swabby
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2006 04:21
:wave: Hi all!

Holy Cats!!! It's cold here today! The current temperature is a whopping 25 degrees! BURRRRR I'm not ready for this. Neither is the furnace! It's not on yet! We turned off the gas in the spring to conserve energy and haven't turned it back on yet. I told the spousal unit that it HAS to get turned on today. It's only 52 degrees in here. I'm going to school to do lesson plans and warm up! Maybe then I can type better. Too many mistakes due to cold fingers.

Nothing interesting going on here on the PoG. No friends to have over to watch LotR with :cry:. Gets lonely out here on the PoG. Oh, well.

Must toddle off to school and get my work done. Then I can enjoy the weekend without guilt!

Cheers!
Scots
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: October 14, 2006 07:51
My goodness Scots that is cold for October in your area isn't it? Can't you and Mith get together again? I don't have my furnace on yet either. I just turn on my trusty oven that has a convection oven too with a blower. It is 73 f upstairs but probably 50 downstairs at my house. Have a good weekend.

Swabby you are like me I just love cabbage any way you fix it. My mom used to fix some in a huge cast iron skillet and make cornbread in the other cast iron skillet with a pot of beans. I loved that meal as a child. I am in awe that people have enough patience and stamina to draw. You always do a great job.

Neenime I was hoping Cat meant snacking and not snaking. I love animals but snakes freak me out.lol. I am glad you had fun. I thought of you and Jess last night and was going to watch ROTK but got into the extra stuff behind the scenes and got to tired and went to bed at 10:30. I had soda and popcorn and I kept waking up and it was my fault I should not have had caffeine. That is a lot of snow sounds like USA's New York state where 3 deaths were blamed on the snow storm.

Rose,you have the limited edition now well all right I just love mine and Rose thank you for trying to help me.
I will get back to you about the Halloween costume picture. This is how I looked when I read the instructions
:twitch:

Brandy, I just hate it when I have a bout of insomnia so I know how you feel and sorry you are up with the insomnia again. I hope things get better and you get to sleep. Have a good day.

Calle, it is so good to hear from you. It is good that you go see your mom. Hey , I hate to fly and my doctor gave me some pills I take a hour before the flight. It does not make me loopy but it takes care of my fear. If you would like I will give you the name of the pills. I am glad you will get to see other FOF ers in November at the collectorama.

Balrog, I would like to see a photo of that costume myself. I will say a prayer for your friend.

Jess, you say NZ is an expensive place to live but do the wages reflect that or are the wages a fair price. I was watching the extended version on the new limited edition and I was watching the set design department looking for you.

Mith, thank you for the cabbage roll recipe. I will have to fix it when I am by myself. The family would run me out of the house . My son use to tell me cooked cabbage looked like shredded trash bag. Yes ,we would definitely have to put another message board together if something ever did happen. I can't help it I am attached to you people

Have a great weekend all.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2006 11:40
Swabby that's a beautiful sketch! All fo them are. I love the detail in the texture of things (like the leather stitching on the tunic), Thanks for sharing your talent.

Cabbage. We've found a new favourite recipe that you folks might like

Oriental Salad (aka Ichiban Salad)

4 stalks green onions
1 pkg Saporo Ichiban noodles-red pkg (or chow mein noodles)
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 cup sliced almonds
1 1/2 tsp margarine (or butter)
1 napa cabbage

Dressing :
1/2 cup slalad oil (we like olive oil)
up to 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tbsp soya sauce
2 Tbsp vinegar (we use Mirin sometimes)

Brown the noodles+ seeds in marg or butter in a frying pan. Set aside. Toast the almonds (I sometimes brown them all together)

Wash the cabbage and slice it fine. Chop green onions in small pieces.

Toss all ingredients together and mix just before serving.

Mmm -mmmm- good!

“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2006 10:23
Ahm merfff... :blush: was snacking aka nibbling I was meaning...
Lembas is Elf bait...
>Neenime I was hoping Cat meant snacking and not snaking.

Scot I hope you get your furnace on soon... brrrrr.
It was 49*F when I walked home from Nightwatch and
I was glad of my fleeces and cloak... Not ready for 25*F yet.

the Elves are definately gathering in Portland OR...
Silverleaf and I saw a lovely and tall Fey Lady at the Goodwill
Store today... I wish I had a pic of her.
She had done neat things with her jeans along with the rest of
her clothes and her tatoos looked right out of Elfhame...
Then on our way home we passed by a Man, and an Elf all in black.
The Man pointed me out and said "She is crazy"...
The Elf replied "No she isn't, she is a free spirit!"...
Some day I've to thank that Elf! Once I find out what his name is.

Nightwatch was OK just one man who needed to sober up and
he left quickly... We could use more blankets there as we ran out
of them well before 9pm and we closed at 11pm.

OK who has that Ukranian Cabbage Roll recipie?
[insert growling stomach sounds here] Merfff.
don't make me beg for it please!

Sigh it is getting late again... I better get Cat Napping.

Hope your days are sunny!
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 06:42
Well, I'm back. Yesterday, I went with my family to my hubby's old hometown to see a theatre piece about the Beatles, which was quite a good one. It gave a cross-section of their history, from the concerts at the Cavern Club to the final concert on the Apple Corps roof, and the music, performed by the actors themselves, played an important part. We stayed there over the night, and drove home today.

I'll be back with more tomorrow, I hope.
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 07:27
You see what you did, Awelyn? I had to get a new avatar too. I love your little hobbit hole, do you like my bones?

Beatles! I still love their music, Morwin, and can play a number of their songs on guitar. They were giants compared to most musical groups today.

Thanks for that recipe, Neenime, it sounds like something that would make my taste buds happy. I think---- I'm not positive, but-----I believe "ichiban" means "number one" in japanese. I spent several months in Okinawa about 30 years ago.

I hope all those pierced and tattooed folks don't rub off on you, Vicarcat. A nose-ring or gawdy tattoo would spoil your totally awsome good looks.

Now where's that sexy dragon lady at today? Do you suppose a Ranger caught her off guard and whisked her away?

And Brandy, balrog, MT, Mith, Jessy, Randi, Scots, calle, Belle, Sindy, etc? Where are they? Do they think Grima doesn't notice their absence? I'd better go shave my beard and eyebrows and put on that pasty-white makeup just in case Grima can't fulfill his duties!:evil: Happy Sunday! Swabby

awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 08:20
Swabby yes I like your bones. Change is good every once in awhile.
I love the song Yesterday from the Beatles it was one of my favorites. I especially like it played on a guitar. Poor Randi does not have a computer. She only gets to visit FOF when she visits someone with a computer.

Morwin welcome back sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Cat we don't think you are crazy.

Well, it is a cloudy and dreary day here today but it is a nice day for reading or napping and I think I will do both. I have to admit I have read ahead on the book club book the Hobbit. I just can't help myself. I also found a Hobbit website with quizzes and mazes and chapter summaries. I just loved it.

I don't have a clue what I will be on Halloween. Something from LOTR .My grandaughter is going to be a fairy and my red headed grandson will be Ron Weasley and his dark haired brother will be Harry Potter. I have a witch that sings Do Whop and slids back and forth on a line. It makes me laugh.

Well :yawn: nap time is calling. Have a great Sunday.
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 09:10
Well, I'm back. Had a wonderful day with hubby yesterday. We went downtown Omaha to the Old Town Market. There are lots of shops there and also people selling produce and baked goods along the sidewalks. We ate lunch at a place called Billy Froggs. Was a beautiful sunny day and great to get out together.

What a change today. They had called for warm sunny weather and it is cool and rainy. Hope you got your heat on Scots, it is much too cool without it. Would be difficult to type with freezing fingers.

Had one of those sleepless nights but by some miracle made it to church. Left the apartment looking like a tornado hit it, very unusual for me. Put a roast in the oven and going to take a short nap soon. Please don't tell Grima I'm here alone. Especially since I missed a day posting.

Swabby, your Legolas drawing is fantastic! Love how you capture all the detail and his lips look so real, just like Orlando's. Laughed when I saw your new Avatar...made me think you do have some pirate blood in your veins.

What a cute hobbit hole, Awelyn! Somehow the hobbit holes give me a warm and cozy feeling of comfort. Thought of you this morning as there is a lady in our Sunday school class from Missouri. Glad you liked the recipe. The idea of steaming the cabbage leaves ahead of time was a good idea as well....thanks, Neenime.

Hello to everyone I missed. You are all in my thoughts and so thankful for each and every one of you. Love and hugs! :heart::love: :hug:

callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 10:51
Thanks Awelyn. I would be grateful to know what your doctor gives you to calm your flying fears. No matter how much I try to put it out of my head, I always start thinking what if...
Swabby, I absolutely love your drawing of Legolas. You have some real talent there and its fantastic how you can make a drawing look so real.
Ummm. Those cabbage recipes sound good!
ahhh Morwin, I still love the Beatles. They have so, so many good songs that will always have special memories.
Hiya to all of ya, my friends. Has been a busy weekend and I must go nighty-night now.
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 02:12
Hi Everyone,

I just finished sending pm's with the Christmas Card list. It should be from me and say "Cards" or "Christmas cards." If I missed you or screwed up your address please set me straight and I'll get you added to the list.

Double check Morwinyoniel's address: the second line should read: FI-02770 Espoo.

Sindy
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 02:25
The best cabbage roll recipes are safley stowed in the heads (and hands) of Eastern European women. Fortunately, I will have one for you in about 2 weeks.

My hubby is using some web-based software to publish a book. He calls it THE ESSENTIALS OF BEING UKRAINIAN. Today we were taking photos of Easter Egg-making and our friend playing bandura (an instrument that looks like a pregnant guitar and sounds like a harp). Other parts will be about music.

We already have the perohy (perogy) thing ready to go and my mother will be making cabbage rolls for us on Oct 28th. So, I will have an authentic recipe for you after that.

Will your stomachs hold out until then? Maybe you should have some Lembas bread in the meantime.

As for weather, yesterday started blustery then got really nice. Fairly warm for this time of year. I even got my tulips planted. Today was equally warm (just a wee bit above freezing). Had a great hike with hubby and a friend after the photo session. The a turkey dinner, butter tarts for dessert and watched EVERYTHING IS ILLUMINATED . again. *sigh of Hobbit-like contentment - Or is it the tryptophan in the turkey? Who cares?*

Now off to read and then beddy-bye.

BTW - Haaaaar, swabby. 'Tis a fine emblem that you're flying thar, matey!
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 03:06
Okay, I'm here. Grima Wormtongue had just better keep away from me today. I am in no mood to be chased by the likes of him. Now, King Elessar, that I could do with a bit of as well as Legolas and Éomer.

What a change today. They had called for warm sunny weather and it is cool and rainy. Hope you got your heat on Scots, it is much too cool without it. Would be difficult to type with freezing fingers.

Welcome to the PoG, Mith! The heat is on and the fingers are warm! We didn't even have to fight too long with the furnace to get it up and roaring again. Maybe that's a good sign.

Yesterday I spent about 4.5 hours down at school doing lesson plans and getting ready for my sub tomorrow. I'm off to another workshop. But the good thing is that I am car pooling with my partner-in-crime from my little school. I am so excited to be able to ride with her again. We car pooled all last year...she was in the car when I had the accident. The girl tried to wipe out the entire teaching staff that day! LOL I've missed those times this year. Maybe that's why I'm not particularly happy this year. Hmmmmm Life do go on though.

Today has been spent trying to deal with the gray and gloomy weather. This kind of weather just drags me down. The spousal unit and I spent some time going through the holiday closet taking out Halloween stuff, moving furniture to ready the place for the new bedroom suite coming on Tuesday, and found a box of old pictures. We spent a lovely couple of hours looking at photos of our son when he was such a little lad and I was oh, so much younger, thinner, and prettier. Truth be told, my heart ached a bit for what has been lost, but then got over myselfand am thankful for the wonderful man that he has grown to be. Our country is lucky to have him as one of his defenders. Okay...off that particular soapbox.

That's about it for now. I have about 20 pounds of papers to grade as last week was a nightmare, so I didn't get anything done for most of the week. :cry: That and grades are due on Thursday as we're one-forth of the way through the year! :disco: Not that I'm counting or anything! LOL! Have a good week all!
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 04:18
Good luck catching up on the paperwork, scots. It's so very hard to do that and teach as well, let alone prepare for a sub! Hope that you have an enjoyable time with your partner-in-crime. Friends at work do make things sooo much better. My partner and I separated almost 10 years ago, but we stay in touch. She's my "other half" and I am hers. We are quite a combination!!

Not sure if I'd want to eat at a place named Billy Frogg's Mith. Got me thinking of reptiles that I am not too fond of..especially not fond of eating.

Did I spy a jolly roger flying in the breeze?? Is that you, swabby or Captain Alatriste?? Hear that Viggo aka Captain Alatriste will be sailing onto the big screen in December.:heart::love: It WILL be a merry christmas!
Shrimp festival was a blast! I sat on a beautiful black Harley Davidson that was on display at the Harley tent. If my camera's card wasn't full, I'd have made someone take my picture. Probably the closest I'll ever get to riding on one. Sure felt right being in the seat...all I really lacked was a ranger for me to hang on to as I rode off into the sunset. Brmmmm!!

Not sure if i'll be a nun or an angel, since Ara-baby has chosen his costume already, awelyn.

MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 04:22
Here's the lin to what all shieldmaidens dream of:
a horny Aragorn: www.photobucket.com/albums/v281/melianndoriath/Ara-baby/Ara-devil.jpg

MT
awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 05:12
Hey FOF.
The weirdest thing happened to me tonight at church. I felt you all with me. I can't explain it better than that and I even turned to see if you all were because it felt so real. Neenime and MTMS were dancing in my mind's eye and the rest of you were smiling, giving me hugs and then sitting by me on a pew as we sang these wonderful worship songs. Weird huh? No, I have not been drinking I promise. Maybe it is because you are all so important to me. It was a wonderful feeling.

MTMS that Aragorn cracked me up. Do you have the name of the pills I recommended to ease your fear of flying? Calle needs them. I am having trouble finding them.

Thank you Sindy. I really appreciate you.

Neenime my mouth is watering but I will be patient. I want to see that movie.

Scots bless your heart and all that paperwork but you will see your friend . Have a good week.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 05:18
OMG! MT, you just CRACK me up! :rolling:

:yawn: It's past my bedtime, but at least all the daily grades are in. I have to still check the dictation sentences for spelling and the character sketches (biographical writing to be exact), but those will have to wait until tomorrow. I'm feeling pretty good right about now though. Most of the kids have their assignments in which is great progress. I had to alter some the way I have done things for eons, but at least I'm getting the work in. Maybe I won't tear my hair out by the end of the year after all. I think what helped me to get all this done was listening to the LotR CDs in order. I felt so much better. I haven't been able to listen to them as much as I used to. That's it! I've been going through Middle Earth withdrawls. It's horrid. I must remember to listen to these daily to keep my sanity.

Take good care, all.
Scots
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 05:33
SwabbyNo Grima for me thanks. I'm here but I am late.
ScotsI hope the catching up goes well. I know how that is and I only have 11 students. I can't imagine your work load. I've missed catching you online the remainder of this weekend but glad to hear the lesson plans are done.
AwelynWhat a nice thought, feeling to feel all of us there with you. You must be a very sensitive person. I'm glad we all made you smile.
BalrogHow is the roomie doing? Am anxious to hear and praying for the best.
To the Rest of YouI am so glad to know such fine people.

I have a favor to ask all of you. Would you please keep my sister-in-law Joanne in your thoughts/prayers for awhile. Her husband of twenty years died today of a heart attack. He has been ill but we didn't expect the end to come so soon. His legs were failing and he had 2 heart attacks, 1 Friday and 1 today. She has no children and we, her closest relatives, live three hours away. Fortunaltely his family is in Salt Lake City with her. I'd appreciate it and perhaps the kind, warm thoughts will help her out.

Yours in love and faith
Brandy
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 08:00
Hi everyone.

Brandy: My prayers are with you and your family. I'm so sorry about your brother-in-law. I'm sending an :angel: your way.

Swabby: Luv the avatar, matey. Maybe I can come and swab your deck sometimes? :blush:

MT: Loved the pic of Aragorn. Made me laugh. :rolling:

I did not get caught by Grima. I narrowly escaped his clutches this time.

My roommate goes for her surgery on Tuesday. Thanks for all your kind thoughts.

I hope to get a pic of the three of us in our costumes. It would be great. My boss and co-worker think it's a great idea. I have the designs done for the crowns. Now to color them and then attach them.

I, too, got ahead of the class in reading The Hobbit. I also took notes. Interesting what you learn when you take notes. Feels like I'm back in school. MAN!!!!!! I thought I was done with school?

Well, I think I will go to bed and dream of walking in ME. I need some peace and quiet for a change.

Namárië
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2006 10:19
Brandywine I've put Joanne on my prayer list
along with the rest of the family...

Balrog what is your roomates name?
Gotta put your roomie on my prayer list...

MT Arababy as a Devil...Lol!

Awelyn that is what friends do... even long distance.

Was gray today... rain in the morning and the evening.
Silverleaf and I went out in the afternoon and picked up
wire for modeling... His is brass mine is nickle-silver.
I've to teach my hands how to make circlets again...
as I'm some 20 years out of practice.
I only got 3 miles in on my walk today...
but I did get 2 loads of laundry in after that.
Boring afternoon I know... would rather be singing in the choir.

Will hold out on Lembas and Chicken Paprikash til that
Ukranian Cabage Roll recipie is ready...
And where oh where do I order that Ukranian book?

Ok so I drool over good recipies almost as much as
I drool over Swabby's artwork...
The artwork keeps me content til the recipies come...
then I have my hands full [food and photos ahhhh...]
Almost as good as dreams of a live FoF meeting with dvds.

Sigh gotta nap... will post between classes. :wave: :love: :hug:!!!
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: October 16, 2006 01:17
Thanks for the addresses list, Sindy!

Heeey, Swabby has joined the Corsairs of Umbar! Or is it, the crew of the Black Pearl?

MTMS, so Aragorn has his own Halloween costume...

My condolences to your sister-in-law, Brandy.

Nice to find so many Beatles fans here. I was a bit too young to get into them when they were still together. But, as someone said, their music still leaves most of the newer bands lightyears behind.

No longer post this time either, sorry. I just wish everybody a good start of the week! :hug:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 16, 2006 02:52
Oh Brandy I am so sorry about Joanne's loss. I know it must be so hard for you not to be with her. I will keep her in my prayers.

Balrog Tuesday will be the surgery day ok I will be praying. I can't wait to see the photos. Take care.

VicarCat that sounds difficult to do working with the wire. Good luck.

It is raining and grey today. It is the kind of day you stay home and read and enjoy a nice fire and drink hot drinks. Instead I am running off to work. I have many children to see today. I am taking a web training it is on literacy in infants to five years old. It is wonderful and it is so interesting.

Scots I am glad everything is coming together for you. You sound like such an inventive teacher. You would have been the kind of teacher I wanted and if I would have had a teacher like you I probably would have beautiful hand writing and not the chicken scratch I write today. Yes you can't have a ME withdrawal.

Morwin have a great day.

Hey Rose could we have a little dragon's fire to warm things up please.

Have a great day.
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2006 03:48
I'm very sorry to hear about your sister-law's husband, Brandy. Heart disease is America's number one killer, and something that I relate to very much. I have asked God to give her comfort.

I'm glad you like my avater, balrog, and you can come join me on my ship any time. I'll not have you scrubbing the decks, though. You'll be my honoured guest.
I'll keep your room mate in my thoughts and prayers also.

I'll be thinking about you, too, Awelyn. I didn't know I'd been in Missouri, much less in church, but there's no telling where I go when I'm astral projecting.

I'd thought about callin' me ship the "Dirty Wh*re" after the one in "Cabin Boy", but thought better of it. Nah, I'm callin' it the "Jolly Ranger", in the hopes that I'll get more, ah, female swashbucklers comin' to board her. Yeah, that's the ticket!

Thanks again for the nice comments about my Leggy drawing.

My brother didn't come for his usual Saturday visit because he had to play at some biker benefit. I had intended to ride my bike to it but didn't make it, to my regret. He said there were some pretty nice-looking young ladies there who were doing some "very suggestive" dancing. He said one of them climbed on stage and was putting on a very entertaining show right in front of him, which made him a bit nervous, but not to the point of wanting to shoo her off the stage. I wonder if that band needs another guitar-picker?

Happy Monday, my friends, Swabby

[Edited on 16/10/2006 by swabby]
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2006 04:54
Swabby, I thought that you'd be at the biker benefit with your brother!! I waited and waited for you to come, but the music was so good, I just couldn't stay off the stage. :disco:

Yes morwin, Ara-baby dresses for special occasions. He insists on doing so and there is nothing I can do about it. It all started when we spent a long, scary night hunkered down in the hallway while hurricane Ivan raged outside. Don't know why this incident caused him to act like he does now, but maybe neenime can explain.

We wants pictures of your costume, balrog. Yes we does!
Also keeping your roomie in prayer as her surgery approaches.

I am praying for God's peace and comfort for Joanne and her family, brandywine. May she feel God's presence during this painful time in her life.

The soundtracks help me make it through those long paperwork ordeals at school, scots. I usually "plug into" ME via music while entering and posting grades on my computer. Helps calm me and focuses my attention. Wish I could do so when the children are there!!

I've had the very same kind of feeling, awelyn!! There are times at church functions that my joy just flows out, and that's when you all come to mind and heart. Like you said, I can almost "feel" your presence. And yes, I would be dancing! This "frozen chosen" Presbyterian has been "defrosted."
I will PM calle the name of the medication that eases fears of flying.

Take care, dear friends! I keep all of you in thought even if I don't mention you by name!

MT
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2006 05:19
Well now I'm really bumbed out! Mt is on stage shaking her tail feathers and I'm at home snoozing in my chair like some old geezer! Life just isn't fair sometimes.
<< First1415161718
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email