Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part IX
on: October 23, 2006 09:38
Ah here I am coming up for air... 2 midterms done...
Why do my midterms have to fall on the same day?
Will have to remember to schedule midterm tests on a
midweek day when I teach so my students don't have
all their tests on monday...

Begin Rant :banghead:

Now if I could explain to folks that you can't behave
like a jerk and not get in trouble with the Fey when
traveling in Faerie... :banghead:
Had one of the Fey tap me on the shoulder and
complain about one of "my humans", had to spend a
while convincing him that said Human* was not mine...
Not even a friend just an aquaintance on a dream group
I am part of... shoot the human doesn't even like me! :banghead:

The Fey on the otherhand was appologetic when he found
out the Human* wasn't mine.
The Fey had this look on his face like he had just tasted
stinky foot aka foot in mouth disease. :blush:
Had to pat the Fey on the back and let him know he was ok...

*Was one of those political idiot type Humans [so the Fey said].

I am not responsibile for food bandits or political idiots...
they are not my kids so you can't fault me for their upbringing...

The Fey on the other hand are family so let me know if they
get out of hand...

OK got that off of my chest and will not mention it again...

End Rant. :banghead:

Hmmm does anyone have their halloween costume pictures up yet?
OK so I am hoping for a slight diversion after midterm stresses.

Will go nap now and wish everyone a fine tuesday...:love: :hug:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2006 01:19
OHIMA = Oh, Hell, It's Monday Again. *giggle*

Actually, my Monday was quite pleasant. My little nightmare was a joy to have in class, but on the other hand, he wreaked havoc with the other 7th grade teachers. That led to a big pow-wow on said child. It's funny, when he was going off on me and giving me all sorts of flack, it was "You're fighting the wrong battles" etc. When the shoe was on the other foot, well, that warranted a full-blown meeting, phone call to parents, etc. Hmmmmmm Okay. rant done. Must get to work.

Have a good Tuesday.
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: October 24, 2006 02:54
VicarCat look at Rose's last post and you will see Rose has the address that you can go to to see last me in last years costume. it says Awelyn and friends.

I bought my new Halloween costume last night. It is so pretty. It is a lady of Gondor dress with a black velveteen cape and a headband that matches said dress. It is made on the lines of Eowen"s yellow dress but is red and black.

Scots I am glad you cleared that up I was racking my brain putting combinations of words together to come up with OHIMA. I am glad your Monday was pleasant because you have had some difficult times lately. You have a good Tuesday yourself.

Brandywine when I was a PE teacher eons ago one thing I would do was let the kids have leaf fights and pile the leaves up and jump in them. They would have such fun. That is a great sound isn't it, the laughter of a child.

Swabby actually, I would prefer Theoden. I think he would come closer to understanding uh my being under tall or as a doctor friend use to say well nourished.

Have a great Tuesday all.
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2006 05:36
Awelyn, I do remember that pic from last year. But I don't remember those other guys in the pic, lol! That would be a dream come true, to pose with Aragorn and Theoden. Your costume for this year does sound pretty. Hope you will have a pic of you in it to share. Loved hearing about your grandson's comment on the light bulb. Sounds like you are teaching him good things!

Brandy, you seem like such a loving teacher. To appreciate the simple things as a child's laughter :angel: is so precious.

Can relate to things such as loading the film wrong in the camera, Neenime. There were several times when I first used our video camera that I couldn't figure out why I was not seeing anything on the monitor and realized the lens cap was still on! But it did make for some good laughs.

Hey, MT, did you know Viggo called looking for you? Seriously, just wondering how you have been.

Hope everyone is having a good week. :heart::love: :hug:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2006 08:29
Scots and vicarcat Glad you had your rants. They are important to unload, otherwise we carry all that toxicity in our bodies. And yes, some humans can be SUCH a trial. Little wonder so many of us would rather live in Middle Earth!

Costume news . I have slacked off a bit as I am almost done anyway. Plan to work on the dress tonight, then I have to untangle the great lng hair piece. Might end up whacking a few inches off, if I can't manage to tame it.

Will get hubby (who thinks I am nuts - so what else is new?) to take a couple of photos and will duly post it .

hahahha- this is cute .

[Edited on 24/10/2006 by Neenime]

[Edited on 24/10/2006 by Neenime]
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 24, 2006 02:32
News Bulletin from MTMS-her computer is broke and in the shop and she hopes it will be fixed tomorrow. She said to tell everyone that she misses all of Ya'll. She will be back when she gets her computer back.

Neenime my family tries to keep me away from taking pictures but I do okay .
Well, I have a report to write. So I better get to it. Have a good night.

:heart:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2006 04:05
Awelyn happy report writing. Thanks for the news flash about MTMS. I hope the computer isn't terminally ill.

Scots thanks for solving the mystery of the OHIMA!

Woo-hoo-:disco: costume is finished! I even got the hair sorted out, Now just for the circlet to come in. In any case, I wil have a photo soon.

Another Ringer I discovered that one of my clients is also a Tolkien enthusiast! Ah yes, only the very best people love The Professor.
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2006 05:55
Suilad, mellyn nin! ( Hello, My friends!)
I have not yet had a chance to read any postings...for ever so long...and have a lot of catching up to do!
But I wanted to let you all know that late this afternoon..we were FINALLY able to get back online!!! After nearly three weeks with the phone co. giving us all kinds of excuses why they couldn't get the internet working!!
But..now..I hope to be back everyday...barring some unknown circumstances!!
*gives a BIG hug to everyone...while keeping on the lookout for Grima* or...has Grima gone into retirement?? lol
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2006 07:56
Nah.. Grima is following me around like a lost puppy...
Amazing what he will do for a few chocolate kisses!
Never knew till now that he was a fan of chocolate.
Oh and he seems much better after that bubble bath...

Sigh spent 3 hours at St Francis feeding folks...
If I had photos you'd see pie madness...
as I served up pie as fast as I could wield a pie server!
'twas a variation on knife work at a fast pace too. Lol!

I am hoping to see pics of new costumes soon...
my own is still in the works.
I will attempt to take a photo of Silverleaf's costume
over the weekend.
We are volunteering on Thursday and friday so must
take photo before Nightwatch on Saturday...

Randi I owe you a letter...
will put photos in it when I get it mailed.

My friend Rosie finally got her studio... so tomorrow
at Nightwatch I will bring a set of shelves to the
Birthday Night Celebration for her to take home.
Now, how to get table, chair and bed to her hmmm.

Got 4 miles in today so I'm getting closer to LothLorien.

No rest for the wicked so must go do needlework now...
At least I have a place to hang my hat!
And a rack to hang it on... out of the rain.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 01:17
Finally it looks like Hollywood has put something together worth watching this Christmas. It's been rather a dry year as far as movies go. You might want to check this out. Now, just if PJ would be able to do The Hobbit. That would make my day..week...month...year...decade...you get my drift.

Cheers.
Scots
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 02:17
I've been away for a couple of days so, I guess I'll have to kiss the creep...

Been a bit busy, but life's fine at the moment. Mom's got home and is feeling all right, and yesterday, I was in the movies with the younger daughter.

Congratulations for getting your Internet back, Randiriel! :disco:

Scots, got to keep that OHIMA expression in mind.

Happy Hump Day, everybody! :hug:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 02:27
Scots That looks like a good film!

Has anyone seen The Illusionist or The Prestige ? They both looked interesting. We watched Pride and Prejudice last Friday - the Keira Knightly, Donald Sutherland, Judi Dench version. We laughed so much! Really must read the book now.

Vicarcat Goodness, Woman. If you wore a pedometer to track what you do for school and volunteer efforts, you'd have been at Lothlorien last March!

We're lucky here in that the Fall is easing in gently. Although the temperature is about 3-5 degrees below freezing, there has been a fair amount of sunshine and the trees have a few die-hard leaves left on them. Set against the blue rise of the old, old mountain range here, it's very pretty. I love Fall - must be the Hobbit in me.

Welcome back, Randi . Sorry the Orcs were in your phone wires. Glad they're out now and you can come out to play with us again.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 02:49
Randi, does this mean you have Internet at your house now? I am so sorry ,I have you a letter all ready for the mail and I haven't mailed it.
I guess I am not very good at the snail mail but will mail it later anyway. I am so happy that you will be able to be on line. Pm your phone number.

Neenime you know I never finished that report so it will be with the other reports today. I can't wait to see your costume. Oh Thunder Bay sounds so pretty.

Okay Jess where are you hiding ? Did you finally get moved into your new place. I miss you.

Scots ,that does look like a good movie. I know what you mean you see all news clips about the Hobbit going to be a movie but no mention of who will direct.

Morwin maybe you should do like VicaCat and make him clean up first. I am glad your mom is home and that she is better.

VicarCat.It is truly inspiring to hear of all the miles you have walked. You really are a very busy woman.

Swabby,OTB, where are the guys of this group?

Well, I have to go to work and check on the book club.
Have a great day.:heart:
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 04:04
I'm still here, Awelyn. I guess I'm just taking a liking to Grima's sister. She's not so bad, ya know. It doesn't take a lot to please an old barnacle like me.

I'm glad to hear about your wires, Randi. I hope we can hear from you every day.

I saw "The Illusionist" a while back, Neenime, and I think I talked about it here. David Wenham has a minor part in "The Proposition", an Australian western that is interesting, well made and the critics liked it, but it is very bloody. I would recommend it only if you're not put off by graphic violence.

I'm glad to hear your mom is doing better, Morwin. I hope your friend is doing well, also, balrog.

I hope you don't run out of the chocolate kind of kisses, Vicarcat. He might prefer the other kind, ya know.

So! MT's pc has been in the shop, has it? Likely story. I think she followed a ranger into the dunes and has just now come out. Now let's see, what could they have lived on for so long? Don't say it!

I made stuffed bell peppers for supper yesterday. Two days before that, I made curried chicken and rice. Both were new menu items at our house and went over so-so. I get tired of making the same old things and would like to find some new family-favorites. I have two picky eaters to try and satisfy. Maybe I'll make one of the old standbys today so they don't freak out. Do any of you have these problems? Swabby
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 09:10
Vicarcat...Whew!! Glad that Grima was too busy to notice me slipping in the back door!
It's wonderful work that you do with feeding all those folks..I think that I would also get in line for a piece of pie! Long time since I tasted any!!
Will be glad to get a letter ..when you have time..tho..the way your schedule sounds..doesn't sound as tho you have much free time!
Scots..I'm with you..on the Hobbit movie!
Morwin, Hannon le..(thank you) for the congrats on the internet..It's been a LONG time since Dec. 15 of last year!
..errr...ummm...Happy Hump Day?? Do I even wanna know???
Neenime..Hannon le..(thank you) for the welcome back..It's SO good to be able to BE back for more than just a few minutes at a time!!
Awelyn418 *HUGS* Thank you for your correspondence snail mail..helping me to keep up with CoE FoF goings on...send the letter anyway.! and YES!! Internet again!
Swabby..*HUGS* Thank you also for the snail mail correspondence while I was off line..It meant much to me...
We have another new baby!! Banin Caraniel finally had her baby on a Sat morning about 6:00am. My daughter and her boy friend were getting ready to go to the deer lease in Abilene, Tx..and went out to check on the horses just before they left..so she was out there when Bain's son was born..even pulled the placenta off his head! And was able to imprint him right away!! He has black on his head, neck, mane and tail, and legs...his rump and half way up his back has a beautiful white blanket with the required spots of the Appoloosa!! (sp?) He is a beautiful baby!! Has extemely LONG legs..much more so than the other babies!! (Of which we now have four!!) I am still trying to think of a good Elvish name for him..any suggestions would be welcome! Either Sindarin or Quenya..tho I prefer Sindarin..since that is the one I am attempting to learn..
We caught two more wild pigs yesterday..finished dressing them out about 9:45 pm.. that makes 11 in about one and a half weeks!! About 21 total...
Vicarcat..wish I could send you some of them for your homeless folks!
When I got back on line late yesterday..I did a little victory dance of joy..or..at least that is what I ATTEMPTED to do!! ..must have gotten my dances mixed up...again!!! It's pouring down rain here today!! :blush: Now...if I can just remember exactly HOW I did that rain-dance..it will come in handy later!!
awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 02:39
Randi, I am so happy you have the Internet now. :disco: :disco: Congratulations on your new baby. The foal sounds so pretty.
Hump day just means its the middle of the week.lol That is alot of wild pigs. Are they a problem where you live? We have had rain all day too. Watch your dancing okay. Have you tried the Elrond's Library to look up a Elvish name for your baby? Have a good night.

Oh, Swabby I love stuffed bell peppers and no one will eat them at my house but me. I do have the same problem that my family does not want to try different food. I am glad you are back because I was going to have to send the navy looking for you.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 04:05
Re: Picky eaters. Yep, got me a couple of those too. Ironically, the spousal unit butted heads with the son all the time he was living at home because he was a picky eater. It made the spousal unit nuts. Hmmmmm *taps self on chin* I *wonder* where he got that from? Of course, the Navy cured him of that right quick. We told him that he'd better get his act together and eat what was put in front of him because sure as God made little green apples, the Navy wouldn't let him subsist on Ramen noodles! For once he listened and has varied his diet considerably. God Bless the Navy!

Those are a LOT of pigs, Randi. I also ask the question, Are they a big problem where you are? Our big problem is the deer. They are forever running out in front of cars and causing accidents. Sometimes fatal ones at that. I always am very careful when I drive to work because I sure don't want one coming through my windshield.

Well, off to bed. I was up for 3 hours in the middle of the night last night. On the bright side though, I got to chat with Brandywine on MSN, so it wasn't a total waste. LOL

Hey, has Rose gone AWOL? Do you suppose she's reclining somewhere on a nice bed of ill-gotten dwarvish treasure trying to figure out how to thwart the orceses she works for??? Hmmmmm?????
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 04:32
MT wanders in, brushing sand from her skirts, shrimp shells off her sleeves and a huge smile off her face.

It wasn't a ranger that kept me away, swabby, though we could have sheltered in the dunes and ate the left over shrimp from the festival.:love:
My pc is "cured" and I am dial-up no longer !! :disco: :rolling: The bad weather here last week had caused quite a problem with my comp. Hopefully such instances will no longer occur!!
I have also been very busy. Had my evaluation/observation done by my principal (did quite well, I must say), several conferences for IEPs and parents concerned about report cards. Father-in-law fell and we had to "tend" to him. Will be doing an "intervention" this weekend to have him move down on the first floor to avoid falling down the stairs. He fell in his bedroom and we were relieved that it didn't happen on those dreadful stairs!
Got some new pics and videos of grandchildren. Eldest son went to the Netherlands for a visit. Wish I could've gone too!

Doesn't it feel great to get back in touch, Randi?? I missed you all and the wonderful feeling I get when I come here.:love:

Glad to hear that your mom is doing well, Morwin and your roomie, balrog.

Love OMGIMA, scots. Have added it to my repertoire.

The V-man called, Mith??? Dadgummit!!:cry: Will have to give you my cell # so you can put him through.:love::heart::love:

Hanging out with the kings, awelyn?? So THAT'S where Viggo went off to when he couldn't find me!! You'd best take me along next time, awelyn .
(Thanks for the phone call. It was great chatting. Think I'll give you a buzz in a couple of weeks when I go to the Louisianna renaissance festival, unless you want to show up there yourself!)

It's very late , but I just had to read everything I had missed. It's so good to be back home.

Love to you all!!

MT
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2006 08:27
Oh MTMS did you say ren-fest? Could wish I was near there...

Randi are there any homeless shelters near you?
Anywhere that you might send frozed pork to?
I know the Salvation Army takes frozen meat from local hunters
in Oregon but I'm not sure if they do so in your area...
I remember getting fresh/frozen trout from on SA in La Grande...
it was good to have that fish dinner.

About that Foal the name Hallatan comes to mind...

Ah well Grima did eye my chocolate cupcake at birthday night...
he was in line behind me and they had plenty of chocolate
tonight. Missed Rosie... I guess she was busy unpacking after
her appointments today.

Well best get back to work I've a long day tomorrow.

awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 02:35
Randi I looked up Elvish names and came up with these two.
Sadron it means faithful one and Halfaron it means hidden hunter.

Scots I just got a MSN account and I have found that it is great. At least if you could not sleep getting to talk to a friend was nice. We also have problems with deer so I always drive slowly in the posted areas. Ramen noodles was one food when my son moved out on his own he ate all the time. It was because it was a cheap dish but he did like it. My daughter loves them.

MTMS,I'll be waiting for your call. Oh yes and next time you can hang with the Kings and I. I am so glad you are back.

VicarCat, do you know what Hallatan means ? Good luck with school and your ministry.
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 05:12
Welcome back, MTMS! :hug:

Randi, "hump day" is a jokingly given name for Wednesday; when you're past it, you're over the "hump" of the week. (Although, it might have some other meanings too, of course - it depends. )
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 05:22
Hi everyone

I have been too busy to kiss Grima or anyone else (but I would make an exception for a certain Ranger King!)

Hope you are all well

Love and Hugs

HT:heart:
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 05:28
Awelyn, *hugs* Thank you! I too, am SO glad the 'net is up again, and also glad that Bain finally had her baby!
The wild hogs are SO plentiful around here that there is NO season on them: they seem to breed faster than rabbits!
I haven't yet really looked too hard for a name for my baby..'tho my daughter jokenly calls him "Raffe" (short for giraffe) When he was two days old..he was trying to halfway run..and looked like a short-necked baby giraffe!!lol
Scots, the wild pigs occasionally get on the highway..but..here too...the deer seem to challenge the cars more..
Apparently the deer population increased last year..because there is a four deer limit this year, instead of the usual three..
I have never been deer-hunting in my life..but simply LOVE venison! Also wild hog, squirrel, raccoon, fish, rabbit, goat, and beef, as well as chicken! Have even eaten black birds as a kid!We had a large family and meat was not plentiful..so any addition to the table was most welcome! A picky eater I am NOT!!
MTMS, glad your pc is well again..when they are sick...it is really a pain, isn't it!!??
It is really WONDERFUL to be back full time!! *hugs*
Vicarcat, I don't think we have any homeless shelters near here..as we live way out in the country.
Thanks for the name Hallatan, what does it mean?
I'll add it to my "consideration" list. *hugs*
Awelyn, Thank you also for the two Elvish names..will also add them to the "consideration" list.
Did I happen to mention that the foal is a boy? (senior moment here..I can't remember! ) :blush:
I also have MSN..tho I am just learning to use it..a friend in Norway helps me with lots of computer stuff like that!
We have had lots of rain the last 24 hours...a little over three inches!
Morwin, thanks for the info about "hump day"!
HeriTavaril, sounds like you have REALLY been busy! I would not want to kiss Grima either!
[Edited on 26/10/2006 by ~Randiriel~of_Wilderland]

Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 06:21
Randi, that is great news that you now have the Internet and can join us each day! How exciting to hear of the birth of Bain's baby. It must be fun choosing names.

Welcome back, MT, sister shield-maiden! I almost called you but thought you were most likely very busy with your teaching duties. Thought of you on Viggo's birthday as well and of how we could help him celebrate. :love: As you know by now, he was off posing with Awelyn. Hope your pc is working good now. Anyhow, you were certainly missed here. Good luck with your father-in-law and hope his move downstairs goes well.

Picky eaters, Swabby? Guess I can be one but fortunately, hubby and I have much the same preferences in food. My ex was really picky eater and wanted meat and potatoes kind of meals with no side vegetables other than corn. He considered chili soup and not a dinner and hamburgers were not acceptable as dinner either! By the way, I made some really good cookies...made up the recipe as I went...a new version of chocolate chip with walnuts using chocolate peanut butter. We watched the Proposition and I agree, it was pretty good but they could have shown a bit less blood and gore.

Hubby just called and we are going out for wings tonight with some of his co-workers. Sounds good as I was busy baking bread and spaghetti and meatballs yesterday. I'm meeting a friend from the church for coffee in a little while also. So gotta run here.

Actually, have been running as Grima was chasing me all morning. He gave up chasing HT as she has been so busy. Tried blowing a kiss his way but he is insisting on a lip lock.

Have a great day! :heart::love: :hug:
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 08:41
Not much happening with me at the moment. Oh, more workmen tomorrow. Having two windows replaced.

Went to see 'World Trade Center' last night. A very good film. Knowing Oliver Stone's films, it could have been very controversial, but it wasn't. It was moving and I felt quite shaky when I left the cinema.

Good to see you MT and Randi. The foal sounds lovely. I almost bought an Appaloosa once. A gelding named Silver Dollar.

Grima must be flaked out with all the kissing. Lol!! He missed me.

Take care everyone. Bye for now. :heart:

Rosie xx
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 09:36
Someone sat a large container of candy corn on my desk and now it's nearly all gone. I think I might have eaten it.

MT is back and she has a big grin on her face! You know, I saw a certain elf-princess whose name must not be mentioned walking around in the dunes with a big sword. I think she was looking for her king and some cute little curly-haired woman who he was rumoured to be fooling around with. You'll be glad to know that I threw her off your trail, MT. Yeah, I sucked my gut in and struck my best ranger pose (I was up-wind of her and wearing ranger cologne, also) and she came for me. I had to run like a sailor chasing a beer wagon to keep her from catching me. Hey, anything for a friend, right?

Your ex sounds like a wierd one, Mith. A hamburger is not a meal? Gimme a break!

Good luck on kissing that ranger king, HT. I think MT has got him all wore out.

Hey Randi, let's have a pig roast! If Rose will promise to come, I will too! I'll even take charge of the cookin' duties.

My mom used to make stuffed bellpeppers, Awelyn. I love them. You should come join me sometime. (I'll put some special ingredients in them to help you grow a little taller)

Happy Thursday everyone! Swabby
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 11:48
Mith..still haven't decided on a name for him..still going thru my Sindarin/English dictionary looking!!
Rose...Haven't seen "World Trace Center" yet..
I have a friend in NY who actually lives 4 miles from that location..
Bain's son IS a real beauty! The Appaloosa you described sounds like he was too!
Swabby..candy corn, eh? :drool:
A pig roast? We can roast several! Also some squirrel..and after the first of the month..I am sure that venison can also be added to the list! :drool:
So..everyone come on!! we'll have an East Texas moot!! lol
But..right now...'tis kinda muddy! lol But you will be able to see all of our horses...all 15 of them!
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 12:51
Wild boars, eh?None of those around here, except for some of the inebriated college students. Especially tonight - it’s pub night. Geeez. HOw many brain cells wil they pickle tonight?

Hey Rose. Good to see you on the board again. We miss your dragon-humour and those cute animations you always have.

MTMS Hey, does this mean you have High-Speed now? Welcome aboard. It’s a marvel.

This one’s for you, girl:

MT and Aragorn sittin’ on a dune
Huggin’ and kissin’ and gazin’ at the moon.
Arwen had better not find them there
Not if the Elf-maid wants to keep her hair.

Cat good idea about the meat. I heard the same thing about a homeless shelter in one of our rural towns where there are a lot of hunters. They can donate meat from last year’s kill. It helps the shelter AND makes room in their own freezers for the fresh meat.

Randi Enjoy the new member of your family. What a marvelous thing it must have been to witness new life coming into the world.

Tired today. Just barely got this post out before Grima caught up with me. Whew!

Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 01:17
Hi everyone! Nothing interesting to report other than we are experiencing what the TV guy calls a "rain event". Since it has been a shockingly hot dry summer, it's ok for me. Event Away! Had a minor flood last night indoors, as well. the supply line for a toilet developed a leak :cry: What a mess. still have fans blowing in places.

By the way, I love stuffed peppers! With home grown peppers they are inexpensive, easy to make, and attractive looking.

emmyarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 01:29
hello everyone. I have not had much time to get online. How is everyone? I have been so busy here with half term break and all. Things are really hectic whenthe children are home from school.
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 01:37
Neenime, you have certain nights for pub nights? I thought those were an "anytime" thing! Shows how much I know about them, huh? :blush:
Indeed, to witness new life coming into the world ia a truly wonderful miracle!
Glad you stayed just ahead of Grima!
Celebrian,..hope you get your little flood under control..Good luck with it.
A friend was attempting to assist me with uploading?? downloading?? some material today..but not much luck..I have a terrible time with this stuff!! :sob:
emmyarwen..Hello..how are you? Good to see you back!

awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 04:27
Awelyn pulls herself up to her full height. Why Swabby I don't know what you are talking about sir. Are you inferring I could be a little taller. Hey give me an Ent draught I would eat with you to just enjoy your company. We FOF people have to stick together.

Hey Mith how were the wings? My goodness all that food you cook you don't sound picky to me. You cook so many different foods.

I went to my Halloween party with my clients and their families tonight I am knackered. My feet are swollen and I will get pictures on this site later. I think I was more a lady of Rohan than Gondor.

Hi emmyarwen I remember those hectic days of working going to school and being a wife and a mom. It is very difficult. We really understand.

Celebrian ,I hate it when the toilet leaks. We had a dry summer too and it has rained for three days straight.

Neenime what a cute poem. I know what you mean about tired. I can barely type.

Rose what a great name for a horse. Good luck with the workmen. Tonight at our work Halloween party a little boy wore a cute dragon costume I thought of you Rose.

Randi, I guess you could call me picky when it comes to wild game. I hate venison and that is a long story that I will tell you later. I have a terrible time with my computer too. Just ask Rose
Well, I am going to soak my feet and go to bed.
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 04:40
Awelyn, *hugs* sounds like you have had a full day! Hope you can get some rest.
lol around MOST foods I am not picky...as long as it is cooked..Will be interested in your story when you have time.
I am STILL frustrated by that incident..NOT the first time..I assure you! :blush:
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2006 10:43
Parent/Teacher conferences are done!!! Yes!!!. I love the opportunity to visit with my student's parents and let them know face to face how cool their child is and how well or poorly they are doing in school. I got to visit with every parent.
Thanks for the compliment about being a good teacher.

Scots thanks for clearing up the OHIMA. I like that.

Hello to everyone else. Glad to see you all here and still busy.
I'm being an insomniac at the moment but getting sleepy again so I won't stay too long.

I have tomorrow (Friday) off because we do our conferences at night. The school gives us the day after conferences off as compensation for working an extra 9 hours on the two previous evenings. Looking forward to sleeping a bit late.

Have a great day everyone.
Brandy
awelyn418
Send Message
on: October 27, 2006 02:30
Randi, I did not sleep well at all. It was all the pain I was in and I could not stop thinking of things I had to do today. Thanks for the hug. I will tell you the story I promise.

Brandy bless your poor insomniac heart but I know how you feel.
Have a great day off.

Does anyone at FOF have a great Autumn story or a Halloween story not necessarily scary but it could be cute or inspiring. Or why is Autumn your favorite time of year.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email