Register

<< First1415161718
Author Topic:
callë
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans Over Forty ~ Part X
on: February 16, 2007 11:43
Cat, I really loved that picture. Absolutely gorgeous.
Cirdaneth, Happy birthday to Calar. :cheers: I hope your day today is touched, and you feel his spirit with you.
Awelyn I hope you are feeling better. I hate to get a fever, it makes you feel so awful.
Brandy, I PM'd you. Praying this will pass. Remember there is always hope and things can change.
Mith I am so sorry about your daughter. I will pray for comfort for her.
Yay!, saturday has finally arrived. I hope you all have a good weekend.
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 01:02
OK here is the link to the page where I got that code...
It is on a page filled with dark images...

http://www.layoutmygraphics.com/graphics.php?pagenum=3&filetitlea=Dark

Ahm well it was Calar's birthday... and I wasn't sure how to get it to him.
So I posted it here for Cirdaneth and I'm sure she likes to share picys too.

Now all I need is a picy of chicken soup for Awelyn.

And maybe a job posting picys for Balrog...

Oh and a retreat in the country for everyone!

Brandy did that link to AA I sent you work? I do hope so!

Went to the Newbie Revel and it was good...

OK it is Saturday and I'm taking a day off [except for Nightwatch]...
Maybe even coax Silverleaf into putting on a certain dvd. Lol.

OH Orpheus in the Underworld is on the radio! The cancan sequence!
I am soo wicked at times! Lol.

Happy weekend everyone!:disco::hug::love::angel: Who did I forget?:blush:
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 03:51
Woohoo, it's Saturday. The whole family will be on vacation for the next week. We had to postpone the activities we had planned because of my accident, but we'll get to them later in the spring. At least we can all sleep late and do what we want all of the day.

Brandy, I hope you'll find help and a solution to the situation. et: I'm sorry that I'm not much of help with this.

Balrog, good luck for your job hunting! I'm definite that you will find something in the end.

Get well soon, Awelyn!

The picture you posted for Cirdaneth is lovely, Cat. I've seen it before, but never really paid attention to it!

The lighter cast has made my life a lot easier. I've even slept better now that I don't feel that my leg bends the mattress like a black hole does to the space!

Hope everybody's having a good weekend! :hug:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 04:02
Thank you everyone I am feeling better a little weak but better. I am going to eat bland things today and give my tummy a rest. My grandkids come over today so that will be a treat but I am going to make sure I am not running a fever and if I am I will stay away from them.That would be torture.

Calle you have a great weekend. I am having snow showers but it is not suppose to be a problem no accumulation.

Cat, good for you. Every one needs a day off sometimes. Have a good weekend.

Belle I agree about Tolkien making our world brighter. I appreciate the things you do for COE.

Mith, the hungry Hobbit lol. It was great talking to you too. You are easy to talk to and you have a good sense of humor. I do so hope you get to go see Randi, while you are there in Texas.

Well, I'd better get Ready for play practice. Have a great weekend FOF.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 04:51
Just a quick Saturday post.

Have a good weekend everyone and hope aches, pains and fevers keep away.

Not much happening here *touches wood*. Don't want to tempt providence.

Take care.

Hugs

Rose
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 12:56
Have just received my boxed set of the Hammond & Scull Tolkien Chronology and Readers' Guide. Ooooh Hap-py Hap-py! There is so much information, and with a relevance far beyond Tolkien. In the item on Transport, for instance, they explain the way people travelled in his childhood, even mentioning that when registration was introduced in 1904, there were only 23,000 vehicles in the whole of Great Britain!
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 01:44
Real moonpies don't come from Oregon, vicarcat, but from the Chatanooga Bakery in Tennesee. Here's a link:www.moonpie.com.

The Aragorn thread is heating up, thanks to cirdaneth 's keen observations of ranger breeches.:evil: Like the way your mind works, gal!!

Love your thoughts on wizards and colors, HT. You make me chuckle.

Get well soon, awelyn! Would a call from a parade make you feel better?? Got some beads for you. 18 lbs. of beads in just one parade!!

Will pm you later, brandywine. Am praying for you, dear sister.

Heading out for another parade. Wish you all were tagging along. Just imagine all the moonpies and beads we'd have then!!

MT
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 02:58
Just popping in for a quick hello. I never knew Moonpies ever made it outside the SE US! I saw a box of them at WalMart yesterday and it made me think of y'all on this thread!

Have a good weekend everyone!
Virtuelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 09:49
Hi Peeps,
Sorry I didn't get a chance to pop in on all you wonderful people. A wee bug hit me kinda hard this last week and I have been kinda out of the loop. Ear aches at my age are no fun.

But I did get some good reading in. I am so addicted to the Mellon Chronicles atm.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 11:19
I cannot tell you all how much your support here on the thread, your prayers and the PM's have meant to me. I appreciate everyone who was able to send a PM and found some very good advice for dealing with my feelings, accepting his, and finding the right help for both of us. I feel more empowered and have breathed a sigh of relief at finally having some practical advice to follow.
God Bless each of you. I'm sorry it has been so long since I was back to the thread. Husband has been sober since Friday and has renewed his determination to work on the problem. I wish him good luck and am going to try to find the kind of help suggested by one dear member of our little fellowship here of friends. I have my huband's sister visiting this weekend and had my hands full with the Pinewood Derby for our cub scouts which is, thankfully, over and was a great success.
Pack Meeting is next on Feb 28th with Roudtable on it's heels the very next evening. Must start arranging the both of them.

As I said I am very grateful for all of the response I have had from you my dear friends. I knew this would be the place to find help and answers. You are so wonderful. I will keep each of you in my thoughts and prayers as well.

Thanks again,
Brandywine

Hugs and great big higs
cirdaneth
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 11:36
Real moonpies don't come from Oregon, vicarcat, but from the Chatanooga Bakery in Tennesee. Here's a link:www.moonpie.com.

Wow! Now I've seen a moon-pie! It looks like there's two cookies with a filling. That would make it a 'Waggon Wheel' in UK. They were huge fifty years ago but like everything else have been reduced in direct proportion to the increase in profit.
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2007 01:14
MT

No I come from Oregon... they did at one time sell moonpies in Oregon where I bought one once.

Pity you didn't read the details of what I wrote!

Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2007 06:01
So good to hear your hubby is going to make an effort, brandy.

Moon pies....they *are* wagon wheels. And I agree, cirdaneth, they were huge. I loved them.

Not much luck at the Dog Track, last night, and the place was full of muppets. But still had a nice night out.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend everyone.

Hugs

Rose :heart:
cirdaneth
Send Message
on: February 18, 2007 07:11
Not much luck at the Dog Track, last night, and the place was full of muppets.
Mnum-mnum dat-DAH-der-dada ... mnum-mnum ...

Oh dear ... sorry :blush:
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2007 12:07
:wave:

Long time no post for Old Tom so I thought I'd drop on by with a 'Hey dol! merry dol!' for old time's sake.

I got a flood of private messages bearing eCards for a wide assortment of holidays. I'm not sure whether you ladies are having a bit of fun with Old Tom, but I assure you I was both amused and touched by your thoughtfulness.

Things are going fine here in the Withywindle Valley. No major goings on to report. I hope you are all happy and healthy, too.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: February 18, 2007 03:26
:wave: Old _ Tom_ Bombadil so good to read your post. Oh yes it has been a while and you have missed my news that I am in a play. It is The Miracle Worker. Any way good to hear from you and glad that things are going well for you.

I am so glad Brandywine that your husband recognizes he has a problem and is trying. But I am even happier that you are doing something for you. A big hug :hug: to you.

Rose, glad you had a nice time last night even if you did not win.

Virtuelle,ear aches are not fun at our age or being sick with the Flu either.

Hi Cele. Hi Cat.

MTMS,that was very interesting about moon pies. I think a call would be great.I am looking forward to the beads.

Have a great weekend cirdaneth.

Hi Jess,Balrog,HT,Morwin,Neenime,Mith, Randi and anyone else that I missed.

scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2007 03:36
:wave: Welcome back to the fold, Old Tom! We've missed you. To everyone else, Hidey Ho, Good Neighbors! My three-day weekend has come and gone and I'm feeling much the better for it. Well, emotionally at any rate. Physically...wellll. I slipped on the ice when going to pick up my mom for our weekly get together yesterday morning. One wrenched back later and I'm moving about more like a little old lady than I'd like. It is a bit better today as the sharp pains when I move have evolved into the more stiff achy lower back stuff. Hate this getting older biz.

We had Friday off as a comp day for the two nights of conferences that we did last week. I vegged all day; slugs had nothing on me that's for sure. I didn't get out of my nannies until after 3:30 p.m. when the spousal unit came home and wanted to go out. LOL It wasn't appropriate attire for mall strolling, so I complied. Saturday found us at the tax man's. Not too painful this year...for a change. He's such a nice guy. He truly feels badly when we don't get money back. Saturday night found me at my office desk with two--count 'em--two computers up and running. One I was doing homework on and the other had The Fellowship of the Ring going. It made that tedious work go oh, so much better. I plan on heading to bed and my heating pad with The Two Towers in just a Middle Earth minute. Homework is all done, everything graded, TWO weeks of lesson plans completed, and all grades uploaded to the web. Man, I'm good! :disco:

The spousal unit and I went to the movies today and saw The Queen. I had seen it before but he wanted to see it as well. Twist my arm. There was a trailer for Pan's Labyrinth. Anyone know about that movie? Someone was telling me it was very similar to Middle Earth. Is it? I'm just wondering if it's worth a look-see. I am going to have to find someone to go with me as the spousal unit didn't seem too thrilled with the prospect with more Middle Earthy things. *sigh* It's a wonder we've lasted 28+ years. He just doesn't get it sometimes.

:cheers: Well, tah for now. All of you take good care and may all your Kingly dreams be recurring.
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2007 09:10
Aw, Scots, hope the back feels better soon. I dont like those nassty reminders of age either. I hate it when I wake up feeling stiff and achy. Good for you though getting all your lessons done for two weeks! Thats how to stay on top of it.
Brandy you have already won half the battle! Good attitude of seeing to yourself and still offering support to your husband. He will be able to draw strength from you as he fights his battle. We are thinking about you and praying for you.:heart:
Tom, really good to hear from you...we have lost our other male voice. Glad to hear all is well.
Good Monday morning to all my friends. Hope the day is kind to you.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2007 09:52
Hey All,
So good to read your posts and to see you again Tom. I continue to be grateful for the loving support you have all given me. I am in your debt.

Scots Sorry to hear that your back is bothering you. I am in the same boat. Really need to do my back exercises but my routine has been somewhat interupted by real life lately. I am happy for you having all of your grades up and plans done ahead. That's a good feeling. Your the best.

To others who have been ill, or injured I offer my condolences. We have had the flu going around here where I live as well. I have been able to avoid it so far, *knocks on wood.*

We have been experiencing windy, rainy, yucky weather here lately. I cannot wait for spring and warmer temps with less rain and perhaps less wind. I realize each winter how much I enjoy the spring, summer and fall. Winter is the only season that doesn't call Middle Earth to mind. We have a tree on one of the farms we rent that seems like an ME tree to me. I always enjoy standing in it's shadow and listening to the leaves blow in the wind. No leaves in winter though.

I am interested in doing some additional reading about Aragorn, someone mentioned reading something and I wondered if that is an internet site and if I could get the url to go and read it as well. *Will look to see if I can clarify that and edit this post.*

Ah! Found it. It was Neenime who mentioned an article in the Amon Hen at the Tolkein Society. How do I get a link to that? Is it a web site?

See you all later,
Brandywine

P.S. Have a good day all.:heart:

[Edited on 19/2/2007 by brandywine]
cirdaneth
Send Message
on: February 18, 2007 10:42
In haste! Brandy ... Amon Hen is the bi-monthly bulletin of the Tolkien Society in England. They have web-site www.tolkiensociety.org and have members all over the world, but you'll need to join, by post, to get Amon Hen and the annual journal Mallorn.

Wow! This is my first link. I've just previewed and and it works.
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 12:16
Hi Tom, good to see you here again.

Scots please get your back looked at
in case there is more then simple bruising there.
And I heard that Pan's Labyrinth is a very well made movie,
and the acting is good, but it is a very graphic movie
not for those with weak stomaches or children.

Awelyn hope your feeling better
and that rehearsals are going well.

Cirdaneth thanks for that link!

Brandy hope things go better for you...
We have that yucky rainy weather here too.

I know I missed folks... :blush: :hug: for everyone!

Real Life is taking it out of me...
I won't even get on that soapbox! :banghead:
It is not bad just very uncomfortable right now.

Will attempt to post more later... :wave:
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 01:15
Hi Tom. Good to see you, if only briefly.

Hi everyone[i][/i] else. :hug: :hug:

Ouchies, scots. That had to hurt. et: Pan's Labyrinth .... Middle~earth. Perhaps not, dear. Lol!! Although I suppose, the quest thing and the heroic thing. Hmmmm, I suppose.

Synopsis for Pan's Labyrinth:
Spain, 1944. Officially, the Civil War has been over for five years, but a small group of rebels fights on unbroken in the northern mountains of Navarra. Dreamy 10-year-old Ofelia moves to Navarra with her delicate, pregnant mother Carmen, to become acquainted with her new stepfather, Captain Vidal, a Fascist officer under orders to rid the territory of rebels. Ofelia, who is fascinated by fairy tales, discovers an overgrown, tumbledown labyrinth behind the mill. In the heart of the labyrinth she meets Pan, an ancient satyr who claims to know her true identity and her secret destiny. But first, she must complete three tasks before the moon grows full. And no one must know: not her ailing mother, or her new friend, Mercedes. Time is running out, for Ofelia and for the rebels. Both will have to battle hardship and cruelty in order to gain their freedom. But, who can be trusted in a time of lies and danger? Is Pan telling the truth...? And if not, who is?

Mind you, I woudn't mind seeing it, being a dark minded soul.

Cat: Real life will do that, dear....and then some!! Hope you are back and firing on all pistons.

Well, I am at work, where I don't particularly want to be, but hey ... life sucks. Lol!! Still only four more days until the weekend.

Take care one and all. :hug: :heart:

awelyn418
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 03:59
Hello .I am off for president's day today and I am planning on doing some shopping for my play.

Rose, I saw that trailer for that movie and I would see it but it does not look like ME to me either. I want to see the movie Bridge Over Teribethia I think that is how you spell it. I had to read that book when I was taking a child's literature course for my degree and I loved the book.

Thank you Cat and rehearsals are going fine but I am having problems with one word. It is a comment but I keep posing it as a question. I hear it as a comment but the director says no it sounds like a question.

cirdaneth, great work! How did you teach yourself how to do that? Have a good day.

Brandy, you sound so much better. It is cloudy here and it is suppose to warm up here. I was outside with my granddaughter yesterday and found some of my Spring flowers sending up tender shoots through the leaves. We started moving leaves and were surprised at the numbers coming up. We had fun.

Calle , I hope the day is kind to you as well. I hate the aging thing to but the other day as I was doing a first visit at a mom's home we were talking about age and I said I was 54 and she gasped and said you don't look over 48. I looked at her and said you are my new best friend. We laughed but I felt good the rest of the day, She was probably just being nice but it made my day.

Scots, I am so sorry about your back. I hope you feel better and all well soon. My goodness you should feel so proud of yourself. You accomplished so much and with a sore back. You go girl.

Well, I am off for a nap,or a meal or whatever I feel like doing on my day off. Have a great day/afternoon/night.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 06:51
Suilannen Achen my friends. Sorry I didn't visit yesterday. Was getting ready for a family birthday gathering for one of our sons and dealing with a sick doggie. She's going to the vet today - ear and eye infection, I think. More later.

Brandy that's a good approach to take. I wish you both strength and courage. :angel:

scots ice that back and stretch it carefully. Shall I send a King to hel you? *nudge nudge wink wink*

Pan's Labyrinth . I second your hesitation, Rose. It is not Middle-Earth-like, really, nor is it for the faint of heart. It's a dense, heavy yet redeeming tale. My second viewing of it was better, having been prepared for the sadness and cruelty in both her worlds. It's more like the darker Brothers Grimm tales than like LOTR. And Harry Potter it's NOT! Even so - it's a very touching and powerful film. WOuld you agree, Jess?
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 07:30
Hope you all had a good weekend. Was beautiful and sunny here. Wow, I am sure not missing that snow we left behind.

Awelyn, that sounds like a good plan for your day off. Good you are feeling better. Have fun shopping. I would love to see the move Bridge over Teribethia, too. We saw a preview on TV and I've read some previews on it as well.

Thanks for the synopsis on Pan's Labyrinth, Rose. Hope your work week goes by fast for you.

Scots and Brandy, sorry to hear about your backs hurting. May it heal quickly for both of you.

Did you survive the all day Mardi Gras yesterday, MT? All that would surely wear one out. Enough to collapse into a ranger dream perhaps.

Hi Old Tom, glad you stopped in to say hello.

Well must run. Tons of paperwork and taxes to work on today.

Hi :wave: to Neenime, HT, Callë, Belle, Cirdaneth, Morwin, Randi, Cat, Balrog and anyone else I may have forgotten. Oh, and where is Magoleth? And Jess?

Love and hugs to you all and sorry if I missed you....the brain isn't as young and sharp as it once was, lol. :heart::love: :hug:
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 10:28
Ow, scots... I certainly can understand your pain. Woke up last weekend with a lovely spasm under my left shoulder blade that two massages, heating pads, and hot soaks have only minimally helped. Hope you're feeling better.

I got a chance to see some previews of Pan's Labyrinth at the San Diego Comic Con and thought it looked very intriguing. Thanks for the warnings, Neenime. Will see if I can drag the spousal unit off to see it.

To all who post here - San Diego is FINALLY getting some rain. Our back porch is becoming a swimming pool (not intentionally).

Sadly, I haven't done anything LoTR related except modding here. Looks like Witch Queen and I are the only mods left. Ah well...

Anyway, back to my homework. LOL... You'd think I'd be done with it by now. Heh... Hugs to you all!
cirdaneth
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 12:28
cirdaneth, great work! How did you teach yourself how to do that?

I was experimenting, Awelyn. When you do a reply, there's a little blue globe icon over the editing area. Just type in the website address, highlight it and click the globe. That turns on the url codes and turns it into an active link.

Sorry to hear everyone is feeling crocked and creaky. Here is a soothing massage for you all et: Hope you feel better soon. Take care.
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 10:03
Hello .I am off for president's day today and I am planning on doing some shopping for my play......
Thank you Cat and rehearsals are going fine but I am having problems with one word. It is a comment but I keep posing it as a question. I hear it as a comment but the director says no it sounds like a question.
.....Well, I am off for a nap,or a meal or whatever I feel like doing on my day off. Have a great day/afternoon/night.

Was thinking about that word-comment and I am wondering...
When you say the word is the ending note of the word higher
then the beginning one?
If it is then the word is a question,
so try making the last note of the word as low or lower then
the first note and you will have made a statement.

Yes I took acting at University got "A's" every term.

I can see why folks are tired of the snow...
Hoping for spring weather...
suppose to have some here on the weekend.

Belle what happened to the other Mods?
Did they get better paying jobs elsewhere?
Sigh, they didn't get enough cookies on the holidays maybe?
Or not enough hugs?

OK then... Will pass out some to everyone! :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug::hug::hug::hug: :hug::hug::hug::hug: :heart:

It is Tuesday already woah... I've got to not run through my days so fast.
cirdaneth
Send Message
on: February 20, 2007 02:40
Rose! I see you've changed your avatar again. Bearing in mind the wild party you were having in the last one, I'm not surprised the new one looks a bit the worse for wear! LOL :hug:
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: February 20, 2007 03:51
Nope, Cat, they just left. This isn't a paying job, it's totally volunteer. We've seen people come and go over the life of CoE (can you believe 5 years now?) and it happens. Now that we're further out from the movies, more and more people leave. Sometimes it's because real life just takes them away. There are plenty more mods than just me and Witch Queen on the site, but only two here. Still, that's better than some of the other forums where the folks that left carried that forum by themselves. Tsk... You'd think they'd at least say something about going so we could replace them instead of disappearing.

Ah well... I'm not going anywhere myself. We're looking for mods right now. Takes time and interviewing (online, as we all live all over the place), but we'll be fine.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2007 04:16
Yes, cirdaneth. Suits my mood. It is Johnny Depp as Edward Scissorhand. A most delightful, if strange, film. I just loved it. I think Johnny Depp is a most gifted performer. I have seen a lot of his movies and he just intriques me.

If you haven't seen Edward Scissorhand, I would recommend it. It is an old film now, but worthy of a look. Sleepy Hollow is another favourite of mine.

Bye for now.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2007 05:01
MT

No I come from Oregon... they did at one time sell moonpies in Oregon where I bought one once.

Pity you didn't read the details of what I wrote!

Please do have pity on us elderly folk, vicarcat. Sometimes our brains go numb and things don't come out as they should. I was meaning to emphasize that the BEST moonpies come from the Chatanooga Bakery.

Yes, I am exhausted, mith from all the parades, especially the day-long Joe Cain day celebration on Sunday. Begain at the Church St. Cemetary at 10 am and ended with the parade at 4pm. Got some great beads from the merry widows and had a blast in our party area. Jambalaya, gumbo, barbeque, grilled cajun sausage, king cakes and moonpie desert helped us make it through the day. Loved the motorcycye parade. Could've sworn that I saw swabby roar by on his bike. Would've taken Ara-baby along, except it was very windy.
Today is the last day. Bead weight is 62 lbs. Cousin and I bought some crab hats to wear to the parades by the beach. Hopefully we'll get some attention that way.
Happy Mardi Gras, dear FOF friends!!

~MT~
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2007 05:12
Who's Joe Cain, MT? Sounds like a great deal of fun. I will be at my daughter's later making her some pancakes, it being Shrove Tuesday here in the UK.

We had the Chinese New Year Parade in Manchester City Centre on Sunday. Manchester has the 2nd largest chinese community in Britain, or maybe even Europe, not sure about that. There is a Chinese Gate, which IMO is better than the ones in London.

I love parades. There are far too few now in the UK. In my part of Manchester we used to have the Rush Cart parade which was comprised of groups of Morris Men and Women dancing along the streets with a Rush Cart pulled by a shire horse. Then there was a fair at the end of the parade with stalls and morris dancing displays. Like Merrie Olde England.

Rose :heart:
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: February 20, 2007 06:20
Looks like we're approaching 600 posts again. I bet our discussion is the liveliest on this site at the moment!

Last weekend, daughter #1 had a few friends overnight, and although her friends don't cause any disturbance, they sat up chatting until about 3 am, and I didn't get a proper sleep until they had gone to bed as well. So, on Sunday, I was too tired to find anything to say, and yesterday, I spent quite a few hours rearranging the gallery.

This year, the Chinese New Year was celebrated in public in Helsinki for the first time; apparently, there are enough people of Chinese origin and enthusiasts of Chinese culture here nowadays to arrange a celebration. I would have liked to go and see it.

On a lighter note, the ankle is getting better all the time.

Rose, Edward Scissorhands is one of daughter #1's favourite movies (she's a huge Johnny Depp fan ).

Have a good Tuesday, everybody!
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 20, 2007 07:56
Thought I'd post this in honor of the Chinese New Year. Actually, I'm not certain if it is Chinese or other but seemed to fit.

Feng Shui Horoscope:

Take just a couple of minutes to take this test and see what happens! If you are honest this tells the truth -- it's pretty good.
Write your answers on a piece of paper, NO cheating!! The answers are at the bottom...

1. Which is your favorite color: red, black, blue, green, or yellow?
2. Your first initial?
3. Your month of birth?
4. Which color do you like more, black or white?
5. Name of a person of the same sex as yours.
6. Your favorite number?
7. Do you like California or Florida more?
8. Do you like a lake or the ocean more?
9. Write down a wish (a realistic one).

When you're done, scroll down. Don't cheat

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Answers:
1. If you chose:
Red: You are alert and your life is full of love.
Black: You are conservative and aggressive.
Green: Your soul is relaxed and you are laid back.
Blue: You are spontaneous and love kisses and affection from the ones you love.
Yellow: You are a very happy person and give good advice to those who are down.

2. If your first initial is:
A-K: You have a lot of love and friendships in your life.
L-R: You try to enjoy your life to the maximum and your love life is soon to blossom.
S-Z: You like to help others and your future love life looks very good.

3. If you were born in:
JAN-MAR: The year will go very well for you and you will discover that you fall in love with someone totally unexpected.
APR-JUN: You will have a strong love relationship that will last forever.
JUL-SEP: You will have a great year and will experience a major
life-changing experience for the good.
OCT-DEC: Your love life will be great, you will find your soul mate.

4. If you chose...
Black: Your life will take on a different direction, it will be the best thing for you, and you will be glad for the change.
White: You have a friend who completely confides in you and would do anything for you, but you may not realize it.

5. This person should be your best friend.

6. This is how many close friends you will have in your lifetime.

7. If you chose:
California: You like adventure.
Florida: You are a laid back person.

8. If you chose:
Lake: You are loyal to your friends and your lover and are very reserved.
Ocean: You are spontaneous and like to please people.

Has been quite a while since I've been to a parade but all this talk of parades...Chinese New Year and Mardi Gras has me aching to see one. It would have been cool to see Swabby, MT. It feels like he rode off his motorcycle into the West.

Have a great Tuesday everyone! Love & hugs to you all. :heart::love: :hug:
<< First1415161718
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email