Register

<< First1415161718Last >>
Author Topic:
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part XII
on: September 14, 2007 03:38
Evening all! I should explain that the times I was in Pensacola, Jaxonville and Virginia Beach were childhood and teenage days. I do remember Cecil Field with fondness, though. My mom used to take my sister and I to swim there almost every day in summer.

I didn't mean to make you cry Neenime, only trying to encourage Awelyn. But I do understand about the hormones. Fortunately I'm past all that now. At least mostly.

Thanks everyone for your warm re-welcome. (is that a word? well, it is now!)

balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2007 07:14
Hi everyone. :wave: I finally crawled out from under my rock.

I've had some busy days. work, work, work. But I enjoy it anyways. We've got some wierd weather here. First it's sunny and cold, then it rains for 2 days, and now we are having some decent weather for a change (high 60's).

I got a compliment from my boss the other day. He told me that he trusts my judgement when it comes to work. It made be . Nice to hear that. Somedays he said I will have his job for a day or two but 'til then I will keep my fingers crossed. We've hired 3 new recruits so I'm training them. Keeps me busy and out of trouble.

Sorry I have not been here. I will read up on all the pages I've missed.

I quickly glanced at the posts and have noticed some newbies. WELCOME :disco: :wave: Hope you enjoy this site like I do.

Well, I have to go. My day off and I'm getting together with friends for supper and a movie (rented).
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2007 03:24
Snce I missed seeing the V-man, I'd welcome a pic of a sailor-man, swabby. He could even be wearing his blues, whites or whatever they wear. I've also missed seeing the movie Alatriste where Viggo hangs out around ships and swords back in the 1500's. Gotta find that on dvd and OWN it.:love:

Sorry that you're feeling teary, neenime. I hate those times. I'm usually pretty jovial most of the time and it seems to fit me best. Think that you must be like that too. Hope you're jolly again soon. How exciting for your son to be student teaching! I wish the best for him in his teaching career.

You should see Pensacola now, celebrian. It's more artsy with many music, art and literature events and venues throughout the year. The beaches are even better than ever, if you ask me, and that's saying alot! Paddy O'Tooles is still a great place for a beer, food and eccentric folks in an interesting enviroment.

Let me know next time you come to P'Cola, [bawelyn][/b]. I can show you around some places I'm sure that you've never been before.
I'm so very thrilled about our rooming with Mith for A Long Expected Party!!! Can you believe that it will take place a year from now????

For me, morwin, there's only ONE V-man (though I know of whom you speak as well).

Have fun with your friends, balrog, and try not to work too hard.

Roger is probably keeping a low profile, as Scotland Yard has asked him about me. There's been some discussion about an incident in Indianapolis 2 years ago that involved an item on display in the Indiana State Museum from The Exposition (LOTR movie costumes, props, minatures, etc). Seems as if some crazed fan defaced a picture of Arwen. Imagine that! Who could you think would do something so vile?

Virtuelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2007 10:07
MT, I read in wikipedia that the movie rights were bought by Twentieth Century Fox. So maybe it will be on dvd soon here.

Swabby I love your pictures. I have one I have online at BFME2 Heaven. Its a pic of Faramir from the book not the movie. You can peek at him here.

Roger I saw the rest of yours on your myspace. They are wonderfull too.

Neemie
I just became a Canon user, we have been Nikon users for years. Canon had a lower price and we got the zoom lens from a friend for a very good price. I hope your feeling better, teary days can be a bummer.

Did someone mention a link to a website for Renfaire stuff? I would love to browse a site that had good prices. The kids(in costume) and I are going to the Fishers Ren faire http://www.fishersrenfaire.com/ on October 6 and 7. We may go stay the weekend down in Indy. My daughter is giving me a hard time because I chose a dark charcol grey for the vests and over coats, with blue and silver to accent them with. She laughed and rolled her eyes when she found out blue and grey/silver were the colors of Rivendell. But I told her with out the LOTR site on costumes like the one that had a pic like her drawing we may have a hard time comming up with authentic costumes. I woulld love to go as a elf but fall sadly short of that. LOL
I would make a good hobbit.

:wave: back to Balrog. Nice to see you too, Celebrian.

Mith that was a lovely thing to do for your hubby.

Luaithrenn welcome to our little area of Middle Earth. Everyone here is wonderful.

Now I think I have the early risers beat today, lol but not because I just woke up but because I am stuck on my pc tonite. I have no idea why I am still awake. I am listening to my LOTR, Pearl Harbor Dido play list. I think I will take the song Take my hand by Dido and make a Aragorn and Arwen vid. LOL now you can see how my brain works at this hour. Shakes head. lol

Have a great day everyone.

rtittensor
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2007 12:06
Roger is probably keeping a low profile, as Scotland Yard has asked him about me. There's been some discussion about an incident in Indianapolis 2 years ago that involved an item on display in the Indiana State Museum from The Exposition (LOTR movie costumes, props, minatures, etc). Seems as if some crazed fan defaced a picture of Arwen. Imagine that! Who could you think would do something so vile?

Hi Mt only just been realised from questioning it is now involving Interpol they have brought in a renown crime investigator a Mr Herkul Poaro out of retirement to over see the investigation. They seem to be after a miscreant that has a fetish for defacing Arwen posters have you any ideas!!!!! By the way they have found a marker and are testing for fingerprints and also DNA tests will keep you posted on developments

Take care and have a good weekend one and all Roger
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2007 06:19
Mae Govannen to our new folks!

I live in SW Ohio, teach 9th graders (jury's still out this year whether they are elflings or orklings), have a DH and one tabbycat. I also write LOTR tales which you can find at Henneth-annun.net if you are so inclined.

Sorry everyone that I have been away so long. The real world intrudes on Imladris...

Thanks all for your prayers for my good friend's father. He passed away on Saturday the 1st of pancreatic cancer. The ceremony was very personal and special and my friend is doing well. She was back at school last Monday and said it was good to get back into the routine.

On the same day, the DH and I got a call from our college friends: they are getting divorced. It is certainly not surprising but was a shock---they had waited until the kids were settled in college. How do you change your life after 25 years? But there certainly is no sense continuing to live unhappy; everyone deserves happiness in their lives.

My students this year are certainly not the sharpest swords in the scabbards...I had to go mideval on them on Friday after they were obnoxious for my sub on Thursday (I had to go off with the principal for a school improvement meeting). Midterms are this week and I hope some of them get a real wake-up call or their 180 days of 9th grade could become 360!!!

Scots, I also have a student teacher...God, grant me patience! I am sharing her with my math team-mate. She is a parent in the district (I have decided this is wrong in so many ways) and we took her to do a favor for our principal. She is overly enthusiastic (which means PITA). She is going to be with me at just the time I teach The Hobbit so I am sad :cry:...but she'll also get the pleasure (YAWN) of Old Man and the Sea.

Football season is in full swing which means I migrate to Columbus at least twice a month. The DH is overjoyed with the beginning of the season (He's been wiggling like a puppy with the Michigan and Notre Dame embarassments)

It's crunchy here still! Cooler but still dry! I am going to dig out the autumn wreathes and such today and am making bean soup with ham and cornbread for dinner.

Hope everyone has had a restful weekend.

Sindy
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2007 06:47
Thanks for the good news, virtuelle. I've heard that [/i]Alatriste[i] has my favorite things in it: ships, the sea, beaches, swords, romance and VIGGO!!!!!:heart: Know what Santa can put in his sack for me...if I'm a good girl.

(Glad that you survived the rigorous questioning Roger! Thanks for keeping some things to yourself. Did you "lose" that picture that I "added some embellishments" to? I appreciate your help in covering me. Oh, don't tell the others. They think I'm so very sweet._

Sorry to hear about your friend's father, sindy. It's sad to lose someone we love. Sometimes healing and curing are not the same thing. I pray that she and her family find healing from their grief.
Look for sindy's stories at henneth-annun. They're great, most of them about ARAGORN!!!:love:

I love renfaires as well, virtuelle!! Here's one of the sites that I often use: www.mwart.com.

I hate to admit it, but I am a fan of college football- sec that is. ALL MY TEAMS WON YESTERDAY!!! Mississippi State (my sons are graduates) FINALLY won a game after a loooong loosing streak...and they beat Auburn!!! Another reason I liked that win is because I have some friends who are obnixious Auburn fans
But my MOST favorite team (Roll Tide!!) beat Arkansas!! I would say that I am sorry, swabby, but I am not. Didn't figure that it mattered to you much anyway. It's so nice to be able to wear that letter A with pride!!!

~MT~
arienelle666
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2007 06:51
Hi everybody, hope you are all well.
I am a little grumpy today for two reasons, first, the blasted internet is playing up on my computer, and this is the first chance I have had for a bit to look through the posts properly instead of skimming!
Secondly, my eldest Jon who is dyslexic has been upset by some online 'friends'. He plays Lord of the Rings Online, has done since it started, and because of his dyslexia, has trouble with his spelling/typing. Well, on this game you join in with others to form a 'kinship' and do quests together as a team, and these heartless idiots have told him that he has a week to learn to spell and speed up his typing or he's out of the kinship! Can you believe some people? He told them he was dyslexic too when he joined and asked them to be patient. It really upset him, and after all the hard work he is putting into writing that story. I hope it doesn't put him off. The poor kid has enough on his plate without being victimized online too. It's not as if these people are all kids either, some of them are my age! You'd think they would be a bit more openhearted and mature wouldn't you? Rose, will you please fry them with a good blast of Dragon fire! Damn, I am so angry. I hate to see my kids hurt.

On the subject of learning difficulties, did you get my return pm Scots? I did send you one with some requests for guidance, but I may have not sent it correctly, as I am still new to all this. I sent a couple of pm's out and haven't received any back, so I think it must be me. I haven't been ignoring you, honest!:heart:

Thanks for your kind words on Jon's writing Neenime, he does have a wonderful imagination, and writing was building his confidence up beautifully. I hope those gits on LOTRO don't knock him back down again. I will tell him what you said about him being talented, and I hope that will diffuse the feelings of inadequacy he experiencing now.
I too sympathize with the hormones. I began my menopause at the age of 38, and it's a nightmare. Let the tears come pet, it is nature's way of releasing the emotions we don't normally have time for. Sending healing vibes to you:heart:

I do hope your dog is feeling better Awelyn, it must be hard for her to cope with her loss of sight. I am sure she will adjust with the wonderful care and love you are giving her, you do have a wonderful heart, so understanding:love:

Are the sinuses clearing yet Swabby? I tend to use an 8mm drill bit when mine play up! Make sure you don't put the drill on 'hammer action', it messes up your brain for days!

Virtuelle, your Faramir drawing is lovely! Thank you for letting us see it. I do love to see art work.

What a wonderful idea Belle of having a LOTR film marathon! I would dearly love something like that, and to watch them with a group of other mad fans!

Thanks for the clip Rose, he still looks just like Frodo lol! I have a hard time seeing any of the fellowship in other roles, even Orlando In 'Pirates'!
I do so love the way you think! I often ponder things like why blue is called 'blue', and is my 'blue' someone else's 'yellow' but they call it 'blue' because that is what they have been taught! Hope you got that, a bit confusing, I know

Hi Mith, thank you for the healing prayers, they worked a treat. Back on form now. It's wonderful that your husband still gives you the shivers after all those years of marriage. Mine does too, but then again, he is a Ringwraith! A great man and I love him dearly, but a Ringwraith none the less. He even dresses up as the Witch King at Halloween, sword and all! Any one else married to a Ringwraith? Probably just me, seems there is another eight going spare somewhere! Rose has a hobbit, MT and Mith have Ara-babies, I get ...a Black Rider.....oh well, such is life! No Boromir or Haldir for this girl then! Good job I don't have a problem with 'bad boys'! He he he!

MT, did you really commit a crime? Wow! By the way, who's Arwen?.........

Catch you all when I can, busy week ahead.
Take care one and all,
Love, a very grumpy Arienelle

arienelle666
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2007 06:58
Hi Sindy,
You must have been posting the same time as me.
I am sorry for the loss of your friends father. She is very brave to get back to normality so quickly. My love to all concerned.
Arienelle
rtittensor
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2007 07:39
MT, did you really commit a crime? Wow! By the way, who's Arwen?.........

Hi arienelle666
Not that I would ever tell anyone of a certain persons terrible crime of defacing the lovely face of Arwen but the evidence can be seen on the attached link page 2 half way down but do not tell anyone else Shhhhhhhhhhh!!! Roger

http://www.tolkien.co.uk/forum.aspx?g=posts&t=390
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: September 16, 2007 08:39
MTMS, I think it was a crime of passion whoever did it. But I think you better keep an eye on Roger. Do you see how he wrote lovely Arwen. Since I am saving for ALEP it will be awhile before I am in Pensacola. My granddaughter ask me to take her to Florida. I said I would some day.

arienelle I am pretty easy going but you mess with my kids and I change into a ferocious tigress. You just don't mess around with a women's kids. I am so sorry that they treated your son like that. Some people all they can think about is winning and they don't care what the cost is. Hurt someone's feelings or whatever. It is unthinkable that the grown ups would not understand. That could have told him in the beginning what they expected. Rose, make that the very hottest fire you have or do you have a magic you can throw on them to make them more tolerant.
My dog is gaining some of her weight back. She does seem to be adjusting though and I am happy for that. Oh I think my husband would be a soldier of Gondor with Faramir. He is tall and very chunky. I would say he would be a dwarf but he is to tall. He has a beard peppered with white and he 58 and he is a hunter so a tall dwarf or soldier of Gondor would fit him.

Sindy, I hope your student teacher works out for you. I personally like enthusiasm but too perky is a different story. I am so sorry about your friend's dad. But I felt the same way after my mom died. I wanted to go back to work and just keep very ,very busy.
I know what you mean people around me that I have known for years are getting divorced and I am just amazed. But it is like you said the kids go away to college and they divorce. I don't get it.
Since we had that three days of rain my grass came back and I had to mow today. The temps did not get high yesterday only in the 70's I did not have to turn on the air conditioner. It was great. I hope you get some rain soon.

Have a great weekend Roger.

Dimple have a nice weekend.

Virtue, that was a great picture of Faramir. So, you do landscapes and portraits. That is just great that you have such a talent. My son is an artist and a musician and a singer. When the Bible says make a joyful noise I do by singing. My mom was great at knitting and crocheting but not me. She did leave me doilies and I look at them and remember her. So, you children have your art work. I really enjoyed that picture though.

Hello, Balrog, we have missed you. I am glad that you are doing so well at your job.

Celebrian and I thank you for the encouragement. I needed it.

Neenime, Oh I bet you are so proud of your son. Does he enjoy teaching? I know Swabby's story about his dog tugged at my heart too.

Swabby when the grandchildren left I was knackered as HT would say. I even took a nap. At least the weather cooperated though and they played out side with me just as a referee.

My daughter and I sat outside and talked in the early morning. But she is pregnant and she is tired all the time. She would fall asleep sitting up in the chair. I never ever get to visit with her. I sometimes resent that and wish I could visit and she would have more time for our relationship. That sounds so selfish I know but I remember after my mom died how I wish I would have realized how short of time I had with her. I guess I just want to make sure we have time before it's to late.

Hi Morwin.

Have a great Sunday Ya'll.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2007 10:54
Hey everyone. No baby yet. It's actual due date is Sept. 26 but so was one of the other girls my daughter works with and she had her baby yesterday after only 1 1nd a half hours of labor. Was reading the posts. Sounds like you are all busy and doing failry well.
Welcome lutaithrenn (sp?). I'm a school teacher in Idaho with three adult children. Two of them are still at home but our 21 year old daughter is expecting a baby at any time.
Cirdaneth-Sounds like the tribute to Ron was awesome. I hope I live well enough that I receive a tribute like that.
Scots-Sorry to hear about your oddball assisstant. Good Luck.
Neenime-Congrats to your son for choosing education as a career.
I caught up with all of the posts and I'm doing just great. Having a restful Sunday. See you all later.
Brandy
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2007 01:34
arienelle: Nope, not you and the PM thing...it's me. I finally had a bit to go through my bookmarked pages and find the ones that I like best. I've PMed you those with a few explanations on them. If you need anything else, just give me a holler.

Okay, I've been whining about how ugly my counter tops are, right? Now they are REALLY nasty! The spousal unit got wild hair and we took most of the nasssty tile off today. Now I have gluey plywood. But on the bright side, there's no going back now! Soon the new counter tops will be here and installed. Whoo Hoo!!

Off I go to do laundry. Real life interferes with my wannabe life. I hate when that happens.
Scots
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2007 02:54
Suilad, my friends. Hope you've all had a restful weekend. I am feeling much better thanks, unlike the character in the plague scene of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.... you know the scene....."Bring out yer dead! ...Bring out yer dead!......
"But I'm feelin' better, really I am..."

Seriously, I am feeling better. Several things helped, one being the passage of time. Another being our celebration of #1 son's 25th birthday with Japanese food on Friday night. Then yesterday we had some of his friends over for a dinner that included Kahlua and coffee cheesecake (is there ANYTHING that cheesecake can't sure?). This afternoon I saw a film with a friends and we went out for a bite to eat. That was coconut shrimp with a sweet-and-spicy Thai sauce. Food as therapy!

Hubby and I saw The Bourne Ultimatum last wek. good film, though strangely named. Didn;t see hide nor hair of an ultimatum in the plot, but it was exciting and clever.

Roger! You are a naughty lad. :nono: I think you will get lots of help from some of our resident Shield Maidens in any Arwen-defacing that needs doing. Too funny We definitely have a V-man fan club happening here!

Anyway, for the Newbies, a wee bit about myself. I live on the northwest corner of Lake Superior, in the province of Ontario. That makes me a proud Canadian. I am 50 years old and work as a counsellor at a university. I also do some private counselling. My husband and I have three strange sons (The Unholy Trinity) and a neurotic dog named Kayla. I am into fantasy novels, some mystery and historical stuff. I collect swords, LOTR memorabilia. Hubby and I love music, good food, hiking and photography. Here is his web site.. I am slowly learning photography, too and we love to go hiking together with our cameras.

My favourite current activity is sacred dance = expressive modern dance on spiritual themes. Very cool. My friend, who is the director of our local group, choreographed dances to May It Be and Into The West. They were gorgeous dances and our group loved doing them.

Anyway, off to beddie-bye. Work beckons tomorrow.
:wave:
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2007 03:34
That's a nice Faramir drawing you did, virtuelle!! Didn't know that you had talents along those lines.

"Who's Arwen?" I like the way you think, Areinelle!

Thought that you had my back, Roger! If I have to "do some time", you're going down with me!! (I thought that I got rid of that marker!!)

Crime of passion is right, awelyn, for whomever did such a thing!

Grandmotherhood is just around the corner for you, brandywine. Know that it will be love at first sight.

Sounds as if you've reached the point of no return, scots at least as far as counter tops go. Good for you for taking the risk. Good luck on completing your remodeling.

Food and good times with friends/family can be healing, neenime. I'm glad that you're feeling better and can enjoy them.

Where's swabby?? I wonder if he's getting tattoos so that he can hang out in front of movie theatres showing Eastern Promises.....
swabbythewhite
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2007 05:33
Hey, hey, take it easy MT! I only tried to skip one day but didn't. And NO TATTOOS FOR ME. That just ain't my cup o rum, ya know. I'll bet those on Viggo will peel right off, too.

Arienelle, I'd sure like to have a word or two with those horrible folks that are being ugly to your son. Unfortunately, there are those kind in the world. Orcs and ogres they are.

There's no school tomorrow---don't know what the occasion is, but I guess I'm off the hook for cracking the whip in the morning. I'll only need to crack it on myself "Get up you old mule!" Swabby
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2007 06:17
Haven't yet had a chance to read all the posts...but hope that everyone is doing ok...:hug:
Welcome to all the newcomers...:hug:
Am a wee bit upset...just found out that my youngest son is being deported to Afthanistan tomorrow ...instead of Thursday... :cry: Too soon.....too soon....
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2007 05:06
SWABBY:I didn't know you were so.......WILD!!!!!

ARIENELLE:Glad to see you well again and your family too.I don't know if my herbs will help you I use them most of the time for cookingregano, parsley, chives ,basil, thymus.Maybe you can brew something with them but I don't have any receipe,I'm interested to buy a book on medicine with herbs,so if you have a good one in mind let me know.
Some people are cruel don't matter teir age,keep encouraging your son,it's the best thing you can do!
I think sometimes about parallell(spelling?) world and how things might be different You made me reflect on that when tou talked about the 'blue and the yellow".Do you think there is a parallell world?
I don't have a Ring Wraith as a husband but my daughter and I think that sometimes we have a Saruman but we know how to deal with it

NEENIME:Menopause!I had an early one at 37.I have been having ''hot flashes"" since that time,but I'm lucky in a way because that's all I have with a little of mood swing once and a while.I'm glad you're feeling better now I'm sure your son will have good success hey! who can resist an argyle sweather and a Pippin type
25 pieces of licorice lol dit he appreciate?

BALROG:HI! nice to see you! good luck with the work!

VIRTUELLE: nice pic of Faramir.Handsome

SINDY: Hi!sorry about your friend's father!

AWELYN:Glad to see your dog is feeling betterI know how you feel about your daughter.Since mine went to uni. it seems to me that I have more things to tell her than when she was home! It's not important conversation,just a little bit of this and that, ''girl talk".I realize that I'm her mother and not her friend and sometimes it does make a difference.And you are not selfish,you are a mother no matter the age of your children!

RANDI:We have friends that are going through the same thing,I wish everything will go well for your son.Think positive

Yesterday, my dog went for a walk by himself.He got away from me.I search for him for about half an hour.I found him sitting in the stream at the foot of the mountain with strangers very proud of himself!So I have a new name for him it's:Mr.cut ,cut, freedom.He will be taking his walk on leash for a littel while,the:evil:

Have a good monday,all
Dimple:heart
swabbythewhite
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2007 07:14
Me wild? Surely you jest, Dimple! I abandoned those wild and woolly ways last week!

Great drawing Virtuelle! How many artists does that make in our little group now? Artists, photographers, writers, dancers, actors, and lustful Viggo-cravers. Wow!

Speaking of lustful Viggo-cravers, I do try not to mention "she-who-must-not-be-named" around a certain somewhat possessive shieldmaiden who has a history of flashing her claws, fangs and freshly-sharpened fat pencils at the mere mention of the A-woman. Oops, I've probably already said too much.

Now let me get this straight, is someone here making fun of licorice? Is giving a bag of delicious black flavor explosions supposed to be like sending someone a fruitcake as a joke? I like fruitcake! I also like all the little black jelly beans that foolish people with broken tastebuds push aside. Let us not hear any more of this demeaning of the more elite and exquisite flavors! Hrrumph!

Are you going to Scarborough fair?....parsely, sage, rosemary and thyme..... That's what your herb garden reminds me of Dimple, a beautiful song.

May you all enjoy your Monday, such as it is. Swabby

rtittensor
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2007 08:08
“MTMS, I think it was a crime of passion whoever did it. But I think you better keep an eye on Roger. Do you see how he wrote lovely Arwen.”

Sorry awelyn418 I meant to say beautiful Arwen

Neenime After sever torture with electrodes on unmentionable extremities will not go into any more detail due to there being all you young gentile sensitive shield maidens on her, but I had to divulge the location of the evidence and the perpetrator’s name. As of the crime with giving Queens evidence Mt I am afraid you will go down cannot recall how many years for defacement is now but I think it is a long time!!!!!!!!!!!! :sob: :sob:

I hope everyone can see how mature and sensible all the discussions on only Tolkien related serious discourse is undertaken by my self cannot vouch for the silly element lowering the tone namely MT don't tell her though on the www.tolkien.co.uk/forum's

Take care Roger

[Edited on 17/9/2007 by rtittensor]

[Edited on 17/9/2007 by rtittensor]
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: September 17, 2007 10:03
Great drawing Virtuelle! How many artists does that make in our little group now? Artists, photographers, writers, dancers, actors, and lustful Viggo-cravers. Wow!
... and singers ... don't forget the singers!

Am back from Oxonmoot where Atalante and I had a great but rather exhausting time. There will be a full report in due course. I got home about 4:15pm yesterday, feeling fine, if a little tired. Woke this morning with a painful sore throat which has developed into a fluey cold during the day. Aching all over and muzzy headed, so I'll not try to write anything entertaining until I can think straight. It was good to meet Atalante.

hugs to all :hug:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: September 17, 2007 03:26
Cirdaneth you need extra rest. I did not take care of myself after my mom died and I was very sick . It sounds like what you have. I firmly believe that grief can lower your immune system.

Well, Roger I always admired you know who because for Pete's sake she gave up immortality for him. But don't let you know who find out about how I feel I have to share a room with her you know.

:nono: Licorice is a big no no in my house if it is black but we love red licorice. Swabby do you remember shoe string licorice? I loved it. Oh I love that song by Simon and Garfunkel. I used to sing it all the time.Enjoy your Monday.

Dimple I am glad you understand how I feel about my daughter. My dog is showing signs of canine diabetes. I have had two cats die from it. So, my dog goes to the vet Thursday.

Randi you and your son will be in my prayers. I remember how I felt when I thought my son was going there but he was sent to Korea instead for a year. Peace I am praying for you. Take care and hang in there.

MTMS I have no idea who would do that well maybe it was the same person who sent me a angel today. Sometimes she goes out of control.

Neenime I am glad you had a restful weekend. I had a great one too. Happy belated birthday to your son. My daughter turns 25 October 5th.

Scots that is one way to get new counter tops. I have done the same thing with wallpaper. My husband could not stand it and he painted the wall.

Brandy, I know you hope the baby comes soon. I am sure your daughter is quite ready for the birth of her first child. Blessings on you and your family.
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2007 04:13
Cirdaneth, do take care. A bowl of chicken soup should help.

Awelyn, I hope the vet can tell you something positive about your dog. I think I read somewhere that diabetes in dogs is curable.

Randi, I will be praying for your son. My baby cousin who I generally call my nephew is going to Iraq next month so I understand at least a litle how you feel.

Brandy, the last few weeks before a grandbaby is born seem to be years but once the little angel is in your arms you'll forget all about them!

Roger, if we can't have a litle fun with our fanship er, fandom, fannishness? Anyway, if we can't have a little fun now and then we're a sad lot indeed!

Take care, everyone!

~Celebrian
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2007 10:14
Morning all! You are all too fast for this over worked girl. I cant possibly post as much as I would like, but that may change soon. I am hoping to recieve a phone call that would have me changing jobs. That would mean more pay per hour and less hours worked. I really need that! If the job comes through I will work only around the corner from you Roger, in the Lymedale business park in Newcastle. By the way, I havent done that run, my running here has been for pleasure only. Though born here, I spent a good deal of my life in Florida and I ran in some runs there. My cuz here does major running and I think she has participated in that run amongst others. She is in a running club in Kidsgrove.
Awelyn, I hope your doggy is alright. as with humans, sometimes the adjustment period can be stressful and depressing. But with your love and encouragement she should adjust. As for the diabetes, it can be managed.
I feel that way about my daughter. Thats why it was so hard to accept her being pregnant. Selfishly, I felt that I was losing my baby girl and all the time we spend together. Now I have had time to get my head around it, I am excited for the newcomer to be. I have already had a look around for some nice medieval and fantasy toys and books.
Cirdaneth I had a listen and you do indeed have a beautiful voice. Take care as there suddenly seems to be a lot of sore throats and aches and pains going round. Two of my sons had it last week.
Hiya Randi! will pray for your sone safety.
Brandy...aww not long now before you will get to see the preciousss.
Welcome Luaithrenn!! Just a bit about myself. I am 52, live in Staffordshire, UK and have four children, 30, 28, 18, and 17.
I have two doggys and a cat. I am of half elvish blood and cant seem to get the message that you are supposed to age. Still feel like a teen myself! I love my paralell world I live in of ME and I love running and long walks. I love history also and love visiting castles and ruins and I even love browsing charity shops and boot sales for treasures of the past. My daughter takes after me but my husband and sons are definitely more hobbitish. My husband maybe even more dwarvish in his ways.
Rose, I like the idea of miniature standees! Are you ready for your trip to the states? hope you and Magoleth have a grand time.
Neenime, I went through menopause about 5 years ago, a few hot flashes was all really, so not so bad but the worse thing was the play on emotions from hormones and headaches...ugh! Dont worry, it'll pass.
Hi Dimple and Celebrian and Swabby and Balrog and Scots and Virtuelle.
Sindy, sorry to hear about your friend's father.
MT, I love Pensacola...its so beautiful around there.
Oh Scots, good for you. Like you say no turning back now for the nassty counter tops. I have 'persuaded' my husband many times to get on with DIY, by tearing down the old to prepare for the new.
Ah, just noticed the time...must go for now. Hiya to anyone I left out. And to all...a good day.
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: September 17, 2007 11:26
Welcome back, cirdaneth! :hug: Now, just take it easy for a few days and keep yourself warm!

Myself, I'll be offline until Saturday; tomorrow, I'm leaving to Barcelona, Spain. It's a work related trip so, not so fun as it could be, but it should be an interesting city, anyway.

See you all when I get back! :wave:
arienelle666
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2007 01:54
Hello all,
Roger and MT, so that's Arwen *gets out marker pen with evil grin on face*.........

Awelyn, I am glad you are a protective mother also, thanks for the support. Glad its not just me who turns evil when my boys are upset, I feel much better now! It is nice that you have your very own soldier of Gondor, Ringwraiths can be quite hard work!

Thanks for all your hard work Scots, You are brilliant:heart:

Neenimie, what wonderful photographs your husband takes. I spent ages on his site, breath taking work! It is good that you are taking it up too, it is lovely to do something together. I am glad you are feeling better too.

Orcs is correct Swabby. I guess I just thought that other Tolkien fans might be a bit more considerate and mature, like the good folks of this forum. Looks like I was wrong when it comes to gaming. The world is sometimes disappointing.

I will keep your son in my thoughts Randi. I know how I would feel if it was one of my boys.

Dimple, I will keep encouraging my son, thank you for your understanding.
I have a few books on herbs, but only know a few medicinal uses, like feverfew flowers as a tea for headaches. Works a treat too. I have a 'Collins Nature Guide' called 'Herbs and Healing Plants' that you might enjoy, though I have not read it all yet.
I do think that there is a parallel world, definitely. In fact I think there are possibly a few! I think LOTR is a parallel world, tapped into by Tolkien, as so much of it is familiar to so many people. Wow, getting all philosophical now!
Good for you knowing how to handle Sauron! I control my Ringwraith with fire, works a treat!
I am glad you found your dog safe, by the way.

Cirdaneth, you have my sympathy! I had the dratted thing last week, and it is awful. I agree with Awelyn that grief can make you susceptible to illnesses. I think mine was due to stress. Get well soon, and keep warm and rested.

I hope you get that job Calle, sounds like just what you need. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Your post delighted me! I am glad I am not the only one who lives in a parallel ME world! I thought it was just me and I was all alone with this! *sighs with relief!*
It is wonderful that you have 'elvish blood', some fine qualities there. I am very partial to elves myself, especially Haldir and also Gil Galad, who is one of my all time heroes.(see avatar!)
Your husband has Dwarf traits? We really do have a fine assortment between us on this forum!

Enjoy your break, Morwinyoniel, even if it is business, a change of scenery can refresh the soul.

Hello Rose, and everyone else I haven't mentioned by name.

Take care everyone, will catch up again after the weekend.
Love Arienelle.
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2007 02:28
Well couldn't sleep so got up extra early this morning. Good thing, as there were lots of posts to read. :love:

Getting boxes later today to start packing up stuff. Will be glad when the repairs are done and everything is back to normal. I will be staying with some neighbors in the evenings while the dust and so on is in the air. There are some structural repairs to be done, then insulation, drywall and then painting the place. This is not a remodel, it is repair work from the water damage last December.

A waterfall by our place, Awelyn? It sounds so beautiful. We will have to guard our Ara-babies :heart: from any sudden wind gusts, MT. Of course we don't mind holding on to that amazing hunk of man flesh. :naughty:

Don't worry, Dimple, I don't need a pill. Tied up those loose ends long ago, lol. Cheeseburger pie I believe is called different things as well. Basically, it is a hamburger mixture on the bottom with mashed potatoes and cheese on top baked in a pie pan or casserole. I used 3 kinds of cheeses this time and it was really tasty.

A chocolate malt would go just perfect, Swabby. In fact, chocolate pretty much goes good with every meal. :love:

Neenime, we did enjoy our date. The risky moments are not commonplace these days. Hubby would be too worried about losing his security clearance. So one has to get a bit more creative. I feel for you going through that time. My most frequent symptom was the hot flash and of course, hubby took credit for those, lol. But those hormones can do a number on the emotions. You have a great outlook on life and seem very positive and that really helps. Coffee cheesecake sounds yummy.

Your bean soup and cornbread sounded so delicious and appropriate for this time of year, Sindy. Hope your class turns out of be little elflings. It's college football time here as well. From dawn to dusk and beyond on Saturdays.

That is cool your hubby dresses up, Arienelle. Mine says he would be an orc but doubt if he would ever actually don a costume. Personally, I think he's more hobbit as he eats like one. Glad you are feeling better. :heart:

Enjoyed reading all your posts. Even if you can just check in once in a while. Good to hear from you all. And on that note, have a blessed day, my friends. :heart: :hug:

swabbythewhite
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2007 03:47
No menopause for me, but I'm sure I've been affected by a male version of it which I've mentioned in the past. With me it is the very noticeable tendency to get emotional and choked up at the slightest thing. I was never like that before and it's very unbecoming and embarrassing for a biker/sailor manly-man like myself to sob all in his beer at the sight of a homeless puppy.

Yeah, I know, most normal folks don't like licorice. The fact that I do like it is just another example of my being out of step with most of the world.

Mith, your "Cheeseburger pie" sounds a bit like "shepard's pie" Also, you wouldn't be one of those "choco-holics" would you?
I like chocolate-covered licorice. (Hey! What a great idea! I just made that up!)

If you ladies can say you're married to ringwraiths, Sauron, hobbits, etc, then you give me license to describe my spouse in a similar way. Hmmm, what could she be? Nah, I don't think I could get away with that.

I can definately believe you two have elvish blood, Arienelle and Calle. Me, I think I'm the product of those decadent middle earth days when Aragorn got all tattooed up and nekid and had those wild parties.

Have a good time in Barcelona Morwin! That was the first foriegn place I ever visited outside of the US.

It was just about exactly one year ago that I got rear-ended while taking my son to school. This morning there was a much worse wreck than mine right in front of the highschool. There were police cars, a firetruck and an ambulance and it looked like there were injuries. It was right at a spot where there's no crosswalk but where kids often cross anyway. I hope no one was seriously hurt.

Have a great Tuesday everyone. Swabby
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2007 04:30
SWABBY:Whwn I was a little girl, at Christmas time, my mother used to buy those black pipes licorice candy and we love them!Was I out of step with the world at that young age? OMG,I thought there was something wrong with me when I was growing up
You make me blush:love: Thank you for the compliment,I love my garden!To sob at the sight of a homeless puppy,it's so sweet and don't worry you're still a real man
Now you are being extra careful with your spouse, aren't you? There is absolutely no justice in this world!!!!!
You are like my daughter, she looooooves chocolate, she'll have it on her toothbrush if she could.
About your allergy,Swabby, on the news yesterday, they say that there is some food that alleviate the symptoms: apples, romaine lettuce in particular but other dark green veggie as well,fish,ginger.Dairy products are ot good because because of the build up of mucus.Hope you find it helpful

CIRNADETH: great you are back!Take care of that cold and throat,lemon and honey is good so is chicken soup,have a rest!

AWELYN: Good luck with your two beloved frineds on thursday.I don't know if diabeties can be cure but they have good medication today.Keep my fingers crossed!

CELEBRIAN: Hi! have a good day

CALLE:More money and less work! You can't argue with that!Good luck,hope you'l get it

ARIENELLE: I took note of the book mentionned,thanks

MITH:I'll try your receipe, sounds good, a bit like sheppard pie like Swabby said.Wanna share a chocolate malt with me, Swabby?

Nice tuesday all,now I'm going to bake some chocolate balls with nuts(the one we eat)
Dimple:heart:
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2007 04:34
Swabby, I LOVE licorice. I have some nice licorice toffee in my kitchen right now, oh and some licorice allsorts on my bedside table. Its one of my favourite sweets. Yum! I myself like a man who is man enough to have and show feelings. Dont ever feel ashamed of that Swabster. What I pity is the person who isnt touched by such things. I do hope no one was seriously injured in that crash.
On the bright side Mith, at leat you can choose some new paint! Its awful when you have to have your things boxed up innit? But that dust can get inside everything. eww!
Arienelle, hope your son can realises that people that dont have patience for others arent worth the time anyway. Aw bless...hope he doesnt let it get him down.
And no you are not by yourself. Thats one thing that keeps us together on this forum...our alter life in ME.
OOOh, Morwin, have agreat time in Barcelona. So what if its on business. Still enjoy what you can and have fun!
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2007 05:40
Hiya Dimple! You posted when I did. Thanks for the lucky wishes. It worked!! I got the job! I start on the 1st of October. Ah! more time at home. Good thing. The 50+ hours a week were getting to me. I could handle it physically...just...but the time away from home and my precious doggies (and the rest of my family) was getting to be too much. I'll drop down too a measley 40 hours and bring home the same or a little more money. Maybe I can even get back here on a more regular basis. YES!! The only bad bit now is handing in a letter to my present boss. He's not going to be happy.
You shouldnt have mentioned it again Dimple (the licorice). I had to move myself upstairs to get to my allsorts. :drool
Virtuelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2007 07:46
Oh yummy black licorice is one of my favorite fav's. Whenever someone dicusses the likes and dislikes, I get the image of Val Kilmer in Willow feeding the baby Alura licorice. LOL

Calle congrats on your new job! That is wonderful news. :hug:

Thanks everyone, glad you like Faramir. I used to draw fanaticly but now I seem to be suffering from mid life lack of talent use. It is really true if you don't use a talent you loose it. What took me a half hour to draw 20 years ago takes me a half a day now.

LOL Swabby if you had to catalog all my intrests I would have a list that fills half the page. Along with drawing and photography, I sew costumes, design jewelry, bead, write fan fic and historical stories with more than one author, collect rocks, make and collect weapons with my 11 year old son. He has some great wooden swords he has made this summer.

I am also learning to use a Wacom tablet. I have a nice student Wacom Intuos3 9x12 Digital Tablet, I had a small one to start with but couldn't work on the 4x6 space. It just didn't feel right when you are used to working on a 8x12 paper to try and draw in a little box.

Dimple I would love to learn how to herb garden from you. I have some herbs that are still in their pots out back. I was debating if I should try and plant then in the ground as it is still warm or put them in a long planter box. My favorite atm is apple mint. Do you ever catch your self wondering what healing herbs were used in middle earth? Or what Athleas smelled or looked like? :love: (oops my ME fanatic side is showing)
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: September 18, 2007 10:30
Dragged myself into the kitchen and made some chicken soup as instructed! Have had two bowls. Still streaming and with a splitting headache. Only take painkillers at bedtime. I try to avoid them in case I really need them one day. Can't focus to read much, or watch DVD. Can't think straight so have been doing sudoku puzzles and sleeping. Tomorrow is the third day so I'm hoping it will start to clear after that.

I've been lucky not to have a cold for a year. I expect I picked up the bugs on the 5-hour bus and train journey last Friday. I'm not often exposed to a mass of other people's breath.

Sorry not to respond to posts. I am thinking of you all ... when I'm capable of thought! hugs :hug:
rtittensor
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2007 11:12
Hi awelyn418 I promise to never divulge your little well big secret and never to tell you know who.

Hi callë Lymedale is just down the road good luck with the job. As for the running I only jog now was a keen club runner up to 10 years ago for Newcastle AC running club saying that my son is dragging me round a 10k in 4 weeks for charity so will have to get my training head on.

Hi arienelle666 don’t mention Arwen That is right Arwen Mt seems to get a nervous twitch when the word Arwen is mentioned sorry did I say the name again and please keep all items of drawing, marking, chalking or crayoning out of her reach at all times especially when near ARWENS posters.
Roger
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2007 01:49
:disco: Yahoo! No homework tonight!! *scots skipping madly around room* I used my time wisely today! Of course, then I had to come home and pay bills. :cry: So much for the paycheck!

There's quite a thunder-boomer going on here on the PoG. It's 6:45 p.m. thereabouts and it looks like it's about 9 p.m. I LOVE thunderstorms. I could listen to thunder rain on the roof for hours. I love camping when it's raining and listening to the sound of the rain pattering on the roof.

On my recent trip to Denver I bought The Hobbit on CD. Yay! I now am slowly going to be getting the others to complete my collection. I will then be a happy camper with all the LotR and the Harry Potter CDs. Life is good.

Well, must go watch the rain wash my front yard. Smells loverly!
Cheers!
Scots
<< First1415161718Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email