Register

<< First1516171819
Author Topic:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part XII
on: September 27, 2007 07:28
:wave: Greetings to all. Having a busy week, so not much time to chat, but have enjoyed reading your posts.

Awelyn - A hurdy-gurdy looks a bit like a big fat violin, but with a crank at the bottom end. Here is an entry with photo from Wikipedia that explains how it works.

Swabby what ascary experience for those young guys. We had a young woman here terribly injured by "car surfing". She was perched atop a friend's car as it drove along the road. The driver braked suddenly to avoid an obstacle and off flew the girl, only to be run over and dragged by the same car. Horrible. She's in a coma. Sixteen years old and her life may essentially be over. Terrible.
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2007 02:29
Ohhh... I love Hurdygurdy music!
Wish I had been at Lorrena's concert.

Dimple I hope you get a clear day or two to put your garden away proper...

We have been having hot days in the 80* but cold nights between 30* and 50* so I've been busy in the garden... Still havent gotten all the Egyptian onions in the ground but hope to have them in by next week.

Congrats to all the new Grandparents, will look for photos later.

I am glad for every caring parent who teaches their children how to behave nicely... it helps us to make a better world.

Here are some links to Christmas Valley info;
http://www.christmasvalley.org/
The antique sale at the Community church;
http://www.christmasvalleycommunitychurch.com/household_antiques
The airport with photo... our property is on the top left side of the photo
http://www.airnav.com/airport/62S
I'm not sure who asked where I live but I hope those links help! If they don't come up live will someone fix them before Saturday when I am online again please?

Sigh so little time so many friends...!

Alep in 2008? I might be able to make it if I scrape up the money... hmmm do I have to dress as a Hobit or will a Wood Elf do...? I am a natural as a plump Wood Elf, well ok so Desert Elf might be closer now that I live in Christmas Valley....
For now I am being satisfied with radio programs of interviews of a certain tatooed Ranger... Lol. No room for standies of any size in the trailer it is too full of books and sewing... and art projects.

Well will attempt to get in on Saturday if I'm not knee deep in the garden then...

D:love::wave: :angel: :hug: :rolling: for everyone including those I missed again... too many names to remember, mrft.

MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2007 02:43

Love the Middle earth ABC's calle. That's right up my alley. Know that I'll share them with my grandkids and maybe even my students at school. Thanks for sharing.

Andruil by my side at parent conferences is just what I need, sindy . Wonder how I can sneak it in???

Gollum's grammar! Love it. precious! You daughter is lucky to have someone who has a sense of humor as well as knowledge of Gollum. Glad to hear that she's doing well, Dimple.

Hey, I could use a pie also, swabby. Just drop one by on your way.........

I love the name hurdy gurdy, neenime. The sound is so very unique as well.

Listening to the sweet sound of that tattooed ranger sends chills up and down my spine, vicarcat. I got it bad!!

For those of you interested, please check out the website for A Long Expected Party here: http://alongexpectedparty.org

It would be so very nice to see you there. Cjeck out the forums. You may even see a few familiar faces there!

MT
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2007 03:54
Hi,

Back again. Had to bring Swabby another smooch.

Our student council has decreed Monday is dress as your favorite movie character for Spirit Week for Homecoming (an American ritual held during a football weekend in the fall where all of the alumni are supposed to return home to watch the game for our more sophisticated European cousins) Elf or Ranger???? I have a perfect embroidered vest and my Lothlorien leaves (pin and earrings), boots, and Anduril (think my principal will let me wear it?)

Sindy

SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2007 04:45
:disco: :disco: 9:45 p.m. PoG time...conferences over...three day weekend coming up :disco: :disco:

Life *is* good!
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2007 09:54
Swabby, I like fresh hot berry pies with ice cream on top.
It looks lovely in Christmas Valley, Cat. Another one that may go to ALEP, huh? I keep wanting to go but its far off to plan to go that far and I'm afraid there wont be any spots left if I get the chance. Try to go and have fun though..we will all be there with you lot in spirit. I think you should be yourself as a wood elf, Cat, even if you are now in the desert.
Glad you like the ABC's MT. Funny, I am as amused by them as a toddler would be. Had to go all through the alphabet.
Sindy how exciting, a chance to dress up! Dont forget to show us a pic! So, have you decided between a ranger or elf?
That is so terribly sad about the girl, Neenime. What a trajic waste because of a foolish decision.
Scots enjoy the long weekend! Just working fewer hours myself has made a big difference. I have been able to spend more time with my Cocoa, and take him on longer walks.:heart: I am working nights now, 12 hours a night, but doing all my work week in 3 and 1/2 days and having more full days at home. Aw, much better.
Sindy, thats brilliant that you will be able to share The Fellowship with your students. I wish I had had a teacher like you! Those lucky kids.
Hiya Awelyn Hey, our grandbabies will be born only weeks apart! Do you know yet if its a boy or girl? I should find out on the next scan, Oct 22.
Dimple your daughter might have a good year with that professor . If he likes Tolkien, he should be pretty nice.
My son had a professor Snape last year and we teased him that he was attending Hogwarts.
Well, I must go now. I am off today and will be taking cake to my old job to say bye to everyone.
Pretty cool and cloudy today here in the midlands. Must wear a light jacket to walk the dogs. At least we are predicted to have a drier winter. After our totally wet summer, the dryness will be welcome.
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2007 05:35
SWABBY:I tucked some of my flowers but,the''kissing googbye will be at the end of october when all will be finished Oh! by the way, I would love srawberry and rhubarb pie, and like Calle mentioned with a little bit of ice cream would be nice too

AWELYN:Silly me, now that you're telling me I know what it is!I went to get information on the site.sept 2008 is still far away and I don't know if I will be able to go but I would love to and meet you all:heart: I would say that 67F is about more or less17or18C.

VICARCAT:I'm the one who asked.Thanks for providing the links.Christmas Island looks lovely, quiet with a godd sense of community.Nice place to live and I love the name.Makes you want to say ''HO!HO!HO! and GINGUELING GUELING!

SINDY: love your outfit

SCOTS: have a great 3 days week-end

CALLE: I'm glad you have more time for yourself! Do you find it hard to work nights?

MTMS and NEENIME: have a good week-end

Have to go,it's cleaning day and I haven't started yet and it's 11:30,so have a good friday, and a good week-end to all of you
Dimple:heart:
swabbythewhite
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2007 07:30
If we are ever within five-hundred miles of one another, I shall make maximun effort to get you that pie, Calle. I hope the ice cream doesn't melt before I get there.

Dimple, strawberry-rhubarb is my son's favorite kind of pie, but of couse I like it too. Actually, there's not one single kind of pie I don't like. (Now please don't tell me that someone has made an avocado pie)

MT, I'm going to make a special pie for you, but you'll have to come to Arkansas to pick it up. It will have a crunchy outer shell and a sweet, soft filling, just like that scruffy ranger you're so nuts about. Yeah, that's the ticket, and I'll sculpt some little butt cheeks in the crust and call it my "Ranger turn-over. I wonder, could you, would you bite it?

Ooo Sindy, I could get used to that!

I took a cake and a pie to the cookout yesterday. (didn't have time to make anything, so I bought them from a nearby bakery) They arrived in pretty good shape, although the frosting on the cake got a bit schmooshed when I flew across those railroad tracks.

Have a great weekend, y'all. Swabby
Virtuelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2007 10:49
Oh goodness I didn't think this many posts would accumulate while I was off being ill. I just suffered the the worst allergy cold I have ever had. This last week has been the pits. Yesterday was the first day I had a clear head.
My other pull away was our dog Jake, he is really suffering as he fights off another urinary tract infection. Monday we thought for sure he was dying on us. But the antibiotics seem to be pulling him out of it. I can't stand seeing him suffer.
On a good note the weather here has been heavenly and I got to go garage saleing today and got some wonderful buys.
A Kenmore sewing machine in a wood sewing desk for 20$ was my best one.

cirdaneth I am so glad to read that your doing much better. :hug:

Pies sound lovely Swabby, can you make a apple crumble one and send it up here.

Dimple, callë and scots have a wonderful weekend girls. :disco:

You would be a lovely Elf Sindy, Sindarinelvish of Imladris, Lorien or Mirkwood. All sound wonderful. I would have loved a teacher like you too. Hope you get to take piccys!

MT could I pm you about the ALEP?

Christmas Valley sounds lovely vicarcat, its nice to see you back posting again.

:wave: back to Neenime.

brandywine what wonderful news to hear your a grandma.

Mith hope your birthday was lovely. Its wonderful how much devotion you and your husband show each other. Your inspiring! :love:

Rose your getting so close to your fly date. Make sure your wings are warmed up.

:wave: 's to awelyn, Celebrian,Morwin,arienelle, Roger and HT and a :hug: to Beth our newest member.

this may have been my longest ever post. lol

cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: September 28, 2007 11:14
Thanks for all the good wishes. I am much better now and went out for the first time today.

Actually I went into town to replace my ailing mouse, and seeing as the keyboard was full of toast crumbs anyway, I decided to get an up-to-date cordless desk-top. So I did. Not easy. There are so many, but most of them have "ergonomic" mice with skewed bodies for right-handed people. Now I'm right-handed, but once, suffering a wrist problem, I used my mouse left-handed for a while and having discovered I can mouse and write at the same time, I never changed back. Hence I need a straight mouse (or a gay mouse with left-wing sympathies LOL) I found one eventually.

So now I have installed it and assigned my hot-keys, and what a difference! The mouse is identical to the old one so there's no problem there. I knew the button wasn't connecting properly, but hadn't realised how rickety the scroll-wheel had become. The new one simply floats up and down the page. Wonderful!

The only weird thing is the key-board. I expect I'll get used to it, but it's curved. It has a big wrist rest in front which is good for me, but the curve means the central keys are bigger than the outer ones, especiall g, h, b and n, and the shift key is further back than my fingers expect so I keep hitting Ctrl instead with peculiar result at times. Anyway, it looks very smart and the keys have a nice feel.

No MT! I said the keys have ... Oh dear, she's fainted clean away and I didn't mention that ranger at all!! :evil:
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2007 05:01
Actually Virtuelle, it's SindarinElvish of Harlond. But with the fall of Gil-galad, I find myself in Imladris much of the time.

Conversation with principal this morning...

"Mark, can I wear my sword on Monday?"
"Plastic or wood?"
"Steel."
"Sindy, is it real?"
"Of course, Mark. Why would I have a fake sword? I promise not to disembowel anyone who doesn't deserve it."
"No, Sindy."
"Bow and quiver?"
"Bow, no arrows."
"Dagger?"
"Nope."
"I'll keep it in my boot."
"I think not."

So I am limited in my costume but I think I can pull together something Elvish though I hope I don't meet any (other than the usual) orcs hiding in the dark places of the school. I will have DH take a picture and hopefully I'll figure out how to get it from the camera to the computer to the site. Magic is sooooo much easier than technology.

Sindy

P.S.

Swabby,

This Elf would like a blueberry or peach cobbler please with a scoop of french vanilla ice cream. And a cup of strong coffee (chicory is OK) before I set out on my weekend quests (post office, grocery, Costco, all the really "heroic" places)
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: September 28, 2007 05:12
Neenime thank you for the link about the hurdy gurdy instrument . It was very interesting. I love learning about different instruments and how they are used. My son has a guitars and a banjo and a mandolin and a harmonica. He wants to get a violin too. I can't play any instrument.

vicarcat I hope you can scrape up the money to go to ALEP. It would be grand to see you there.

Mith isn't it great that so many of our friends are interested in ALEP.

What are doing this weekend MTMS?

Oh Sindy how fun is that! I hope you have fun.

Scots how lucky you are and enjoy your break. I know you are excited about your visitors and getting ready for them.

Calle we find out October 4th. It was a nice day today but a little warmer than usual for this time of year. I have a confession to make I went through the entire alphabet too.

Thank you Dimple and if you come to ALEP I would practice my french though your English is wonderful. Happy cleaning and have a great weekend.

Swabby you have a great weekend yourself. I saw a very dapper looking gentleman about your age riding a motorcycle Sunday. I looked very carefully but I don't think it was you.

Virtue that was a long post is your fingers tired? Have a great weekend and hi to you.

cirdaneth I am so glad you are better. You can mouse and write at the same time. That is truly unique I think because I have trouble moving the mouse and then typing. How is Ann doing? Have a great weekend.

I am going to my daughter's we are celebrating her twins birthday from last week. The children's father had to work on their birthday so consequently we are having it tomorrow. MTMS the theme is knights and princesses and castle's. My husband has a doctors appointment Monday in St.Louis so I want be back on line until then. Have a great weekend everybody.

callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 28, 2007 10:07
Awelyn, the birthday party sounds fun, was the theme your idea?? I hope your husband has a good doctor appointment and all is well.
Sindy, you and Cirdaneth both crack me up with your humour.
I cant believe the principle would have you to leave your arrows behind! Do take some pics please.
Cirdaneth, are you suggesting that MT's mind is stuck on one issue? Nah, she wouldnt think like that would she...?
Virtuelle, glad you're feeling better. I just know that garage sale expedition helped you on the road to recovery. Amasing how theraputic bargains can be.
500 miles, eh Swabby??? Aww, you are such a keeper. :love:
Hey, Roger where are you? Come on, Swabby can use some male company on this site. Its also nice to have more members from around these parts as well.
Dimple, I worked nights for a while at my old job and found it hard as I am a day person and it was all week long. But now I do it in a shorter week so it's easier than before, and well worth it as I am home during the day with the dogs. I still cant sleep all the way through but I dont at night either. I am a light sleeper and wake up at the slightest sound or movement. Must be the elf bit in me.
Starting out to be a beautiful Saturday, so hope its nice for you all, mellyn.
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2007 03:04
I'm up bright and early today (usually a night owl here). Hubby is on his way home this morning and bringing McDonald's egg Mcmuffin for my breakfast. Soon our place will be lively with college football sounds throughout. I have enjoyed some quiet times and now fully prepared for two days of manly noise, lol.

Calle, forgot to say congratulations on the new job. It is good you will have more full days at home.

Thanks for more birthday wishes. Makes the celebrating just go on and on, I love that. And yes, I still blew out candles on the cake, but only five instead of 55. Although 39 sounds pretty inviting, Swabby.

Do we really have to have a hobbit costume for ALEP, Awelyn? I do love having a year to plan. I'm watching the LOTR movies again and paying special attention to detail on the various costumes to help me ultimately decide what to make or buy, etc. It is exciting thinking that we may meet even more FOF there for sure. Meeting you and MT will be so fun!!!

What a fun day at your school, Sindy. The dialog about bringing a weapon made me laugh. Would love to see you going to ALEP. If I drive from home, I could possibly pick you up on the way. Just a thought.

Cirdaneth, glad you are feeling better and liked the e-card. Enjoy your new computer. Is it a laptop? We only use a laptop now. I miss having a pc while typing, it is much easier and doesn't do wacky things while I am pausing to think during posting.

Virtuelle, hope your allergy cold is better. Are you considering attending ALEP also? Hope your dog is doing better. We lost our cat several years ago to that very thing and it is so hard to watch them suffer.

Cat, it is good to hear you are doing well in Christmas Valley. We have missed you here.

Dimple, what all do you grow in your garden? I miss having one, I did much of that in my earlier years.

Well now for the good news here...going to be a grandma again! My daughter, who had lost 2 babies has passed the 21 week mark, had every test and the baby is healthy, normal and (another) BOY! She is due Feb. 3.

Well have a wonderful weekend, mellon nin. :heart::love: :hug:
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: September 29, 2007 03:21
Cat, it's good to see you again! :hug: Christmas Valley looks like a lovely place!

Virtuelle, your poor doggy. Glad to hear that he's already getting better.

Cirdaneth, so you not only have an ergonomic mouse, but one of those ergonomic keyboards as well. I've never tried one, but I should imagine that, after you get used to it, it feels really comfortable.

Mith, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that your daughter's pregnancy goes well for the rest of the time as well.

:hug: to everybody - have a great weekend!
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2007 04:31
Happy weekend, all! The weather is pretty nice but rather windy. Typical PoG weather. The trees are really starting to change and the birds are flocking like crazy. All signs of the approaching fall. Fall is my favorite time of year, always has been. For some reason I just feel more connected to the earth during this time of year. Don't know why, just me.

In case someone is looking for a place that's beastly hot and humid during the summer and wickedly cold during the winter, the two houses on either side of me are for sale. A vacation spot for sure! I'm beginning to wonder what we did wrong. Everybody is moving away. :dizzy:

Well, it's time for me to go and pick up Mom for our weekly Saturday mother-daughter fun times. Take good care all and have a wonderful weekend.
Cheers!
Scots
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2007 10:27
Hi, everyone! I like Fall too. It's especially welcome after the hottest, driest summer I can remember in years!

Swabby, a man who can make pies is a treasure indeed. I'm trying to imagine your Ranger Pie in my head!

Virtuelle, glad your dog is improving. It's hard to watch a child suffer, even a four-legged one. Speaking of dogs. mine is suddenly demanding to go out. Will try to pop back in later.

cirdaneth
Send Message
on: September 29, 2007 11:04
Mith wrote
Cirdaneth, glad you are feeling better and liked the e-card. Enjoy your new computer. Is it a laptop? We only use a laptop now. I miss having a pc while typing, it is much easier and doesn't do wacky things while I am pausing to think during posting.
It's not a whole new computer, Mith, just a "desktop" i.e. mouse and keyboard.

My next big challenge is to wire my big mini-disc player into my sound-card (I have an optical cable for high-quality transfer) and get Ron's funeral into the PC and out again onto a CD. Ann asked me to record it and it's come out quite well. However, I've never hooked minidisc to PC before ... only to tape. Wish me luck.

I'm wishing you all well with your dogs, and babies, and teens, and orclings, and spoil-sport's who won't let you intimidate ... er sorry impress, ... your pupils with a sword. Reeeee-spect!!! Our teacher's a black-belt in Ranger-skills. LOL

I wouldn't mind a man to make me a pie now and again ... or just a cup of tea would do. ... but he'd have to look like Bernard Hill.

BTW the scrumptious Detective in my Miss Marple DVD is an actor named John Castle. I checked him out on Google and he's been in loads of things ... things I've seen and not realised it was him, which shows how good he is. BY my reckining he's about 67 now and might make a good Thingol if hey were to film Children of Hurin. In the Miss Marple he is by turns charming, chivalrous, kindly, stern, inscrutable and he can question a suspect with a steely blue gaze that makes you long to tell him the truth. Thingol or what! Perhaps he'd be too old for Hurin.
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2007 11:58
Ah if pies are being offered then Silverleaf would like cherry and if tow are availible we will take mincemeat as the second pie.... how much for shipping or are we ordering pies for Alep?

Christmas Island :blush: hmm that must be Fireworks Island in the lake near the Lodge at Christmas Valley... Glad you like the scenery Dimple!

We had cold weather again yesterday but I did get some paving done on the driveway... :disco: Glad to be away from school for a few years to get my hands in the soil... ok so I'm part Hobbit but then we all knew that I'm only Halfelven :blush: right?

Have to go so will type more next week...:wave: am looking forward to photos when they are up!

:love::hug::rolling:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2007 02:26
Hey everyone!:hug: Check out this totally awesome Hobbit house in Wales.My son's girlfriend sent me the link.

Temperature and other conversions - here is a good site .

Glad to hear from you all.

Hi Vicarcat :wave: Will check out your links then come back and chat.
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
cirdaneth
Send Message
on: September 29, 2007 09:20
Christmas Island :blush: hmm that must be Fireworks Island in the lake near the Lodge at Christmas Valley
No No! Christmas I sland is a terrible place in the Pacific. Don't go there. I have a friend who served there in the RAF when they were nuclear testing in the 1950s. There was mail only every six months and the MO wold only guarantee a man's sanity for ten. The suicide rate was huge, and the flies were kept under control by a spray plane that flew low over the camp with DDT every morning while everyone went about their duties breathing the vapour. My friend is very strange in the head.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2007 12:30
Finally a moment to get back online and read all of the posts.
I have truly enjoyed my first week as a grandmother and am almost done with the second week. Rose gave me a way to post the picture or link to it so I will give it a try.

Hope that works and that I did it right. God Bless our resident dragon for her goodness and intelligence.

Arienelle666 Have you talked to your son's classmates about his Tourettes? I have a friend who has a son with Tourettes and after she talked to his class they became more accepting. She explained that he couldn't help what he did like some of them couldn't help needing glasses or having to take medicine for allergies. It seemed to help her son and his classmates.

Awelyn That's awesome that your son interviewed you and mentioned your friends at FoF. I feel special now. We do have a rather unique and wonderful group here.

Neenime How lucky you got to go to a Loreena McKennett concert. I went to a Mannheim Steamroller one a few years ago and loved it. It had the same kind of instruments and painted pictures with the music as well.

Mith Happy Belated birthday. Hope you had a great day.
:cheers: Also congrats on the impending birth of your gandson. Blessings upon you and especially your daughter.

Swabby Do you hire out? Your cooking sounds great.
Your wife is a lucky lady.

Sindy Teaching Fellowship...now that is awesome. I loved your ideas. You could also point out to the students the differences in the speech of each race. Help them avoid Gollum's Grammar. (That was a great comment.)

Cirdaneth I like the old straight keyboard. My sis-in-law has one of the ergonomic ones and I make so many errors when I type on hers. She also has thid mouse with a big red ball on top. Looks a bit like "The Eye" and moves differently with side buttons instead of on top. Takes me forever to work it out.

Vicarcat I will have a look at your sites and comment later. Sounds like a lovely place from what you've said.

Well I really should be in bed as it is 4:25 and I have to get up in 3 hours for church. Maybe I can go back to sleep now.
Miss you all and looking so forward to Magoleth and Rose's visit. Only a couple of weeks left.
:disco:
Have a great day all of you.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2007 12:33
Oh Dear. Looks like my pic went away. Maybe I took too long to get it posted. Rose? Can you help, dear dragon?
TY Brandywine
arienelle666
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2007 12:39
Hello FoF pals,
Hope today finds you happy and well. It has been a while, but life is so busy at the moment that I don't get much time on the computer for leisure activities.

For all of you who posted kind messages to me and my boys, thank you so much, it touched me immensely, you are a great and supportive bunch and I appreciate you no end :hug:

I have been in contact with school Awelyn for a couple of years about Wayne's bullying issues and had several meetings with his head of year, but it seems they can do little about it as the school is so over crowded and they haven't got the resources. The best advice they can give me is to keep him off school! Pathetic isn't it? He is under mental health care now as he is suffering from trauma and depression, and they are putting the pressure on school too. It is a sad and complicated case, it seems every way you turn, there are obstacles and it makes me frustrated and angry. :evil:

Thank you for the prayers and Angels Neenime, the more the merrier at present!

Thank's for the services of your bow, Calle, I am always in awe of elven skills and humbled by their loyalty. I would be honored and grateful of any assistance! An Elven cloak would be wonderful. I hate bullies with a capital 'H', as I was bullied too when I was at school and know how awful it is to go through. The Frodo analogy is excellent.

Swabby, we all stand accused of being a bad person at some time or another and the solution you already have - you have recognized past issues and confronted them head on with bravery. It takes a very brave person to admit to flaws of character and a wise one to learn from them. I salute you!
Erm, can I have a pie too?

Dimple, you are an inspiration! Love & Hugs:heart: :hug:

Oh Sindy, I wish I was in your class, Plato and Tolkien! I would be in my element! Did you go with the Elf costume?

Virtuelle, I hope you make a full recovery soon, poor thing, it sounds like you have had a really rough time of it. I hope Jake is picking up too.

Glad you are 'up and running' again Cirdaneth, and you are mastering your 'two-way-mouse' LoL!!!

Wow, Scots, you were really were a character!

Where is Roger? Missing his input!

By the way, every time the 'Fall of Gil Galad' is mentioned, I have to go into a period of two day mourning, SNIFF! Don't think I will ever get over that one! He was my hero!(See Avatar)

I want to go to ALEP! *stamps feet and trashes house with sword!* Oh for the money, the time, the opportunity......what an experience of a lifetime that would be. Why can't we have something like that in the UK? Any suggestions?

Has anyone else taken a look at the Tolkien course on line? Looks pretty good. I might enroll on that when I finish my current courses that are taking up so much of my time and effort. They seem to be running three which gives some opportunity to fit it in.

That's about it from me, take care all and a have a great week!
Love and hugs to all,
Arienelle

[Edited on 30/9/2007 by arienelle666]
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2007 12:49
Okay, I did something I have tried once before but got lost at it. I posted a picture of my grandson in the Members Gallery under Member's Surroundings. Hope you can all find it.
If not, maybe Morwin can tell me what I did wrong.
Hope it works.
Brandy
rtittensor
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2007 04:40
Hi arienelle I have been really busy this week off to Sherwood Forest next week Robin Hood country to a sports complex called Centre Parks. It’s a really cool place go most years lots of different sports activities going on all the time. Nice chalets and plenty of booze and food So will not be on line most of next week will be getting withdrawal symptoms

cirdaneth I would not need a sabbatical at Christmas Island or a regular dose of DDT to be daft in the head seem to manage it naturally

Mt when is the project starting to re build your palace have to put it down in my works diary
Good weekend and week to all Roger
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: September 30, 2007 05:38
The photo of Brandy's grandson is up, but I put it in Members A-I.

What a cute little baby! :love:

It may be that, Tinypic removes photos of children for security reasons. Photobucket doesn't, as far as I know. But, in our gallery, at least it can be viewed by members only.
cirdaneth
Send Message
on: September 30, 2007 09:53
Well, it’s taken me all day, but I’ve worked out how to get stuff from the minidisc deck onto the PC. The floor is covered in cables, knit one, purl one, plug it in here, bake 25 mins at Gas Mk 5. Insanity rules OK.
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2007 02:37
:rolling: Careful, cirdaneth, don't fry yourself! Maybe you should leave the gas at 3?

Brandy, I found the baby picture and he is an absolute :angel:

I hope everyone has enjoyed the weekend and is ready to charge into October. Just thinking about cooler weather makes me feel good. (At least until I start getting aggravated about being chilly alll the time)
<< First1516171819
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email