Register

<< First1516171819
Author Topic:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part XII
on: September 18, 2007 04:36
Calle it is so good to hear from you and congratulations on your new job. My goodness that was fast you knowing about your new job. I am so happy for you. I just like red licorice I just could never like the black. But to each his own I say . I am so glad you understand how I feel about my daughter. When is your grandchild due?

Scots I love listening to the rain on the roof too or as it gently falls on the grass. You have not had rain in a long time have you ? No homework you lucky girl. I would love the Deathly Hollows on CD. Have a good night . I have a inservice to attend tomorrow. The title of the inservice is Making the Most of Paperwork. Doesn't that sound exciting. :yawn:

Yes, Roger keep it secret keep it safe.

cirdaneth dear take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. You are probably right about where you got your bug. I hope you start feeling better tomorrow.

Virtue hello nice to see your post and I am amazed at how many people love black licorice. What do you think about that Swabby?
Have a good day.

Thank you so much Dimple for your support. Interesting about the foods that are good for allergies.

Swabby oh my goodness has it been a year? It just seems like yesterday. I remember you posting and your neck started to hurt or was it your back? I hope no one was hurt in the accident you saw also. Both cheese burger pie and Shepherds pie sound yummy.

Mith I am so excited and the waterfall is not close it will take a walk but it is not to far.

Arienelle soldiers of Gondor can be grumpy too. You are welcome.
I do understand as all the mothers here do that when it comes to our children we are very protective.

Have a good time in Spain Morwin.

Thank you Celebrian I hope the vet can tell me something positive. I have worried about it. I lost 2 cats last year to diabetes.

Have a good night and sleep tight.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2007 03:08
I hate the thought of a young person being hassled by Orcs………….! Let’s send some Rohhirim after them. Naw –maybe not. They’re not worth getting into a lather about. Loving the young man and teaching him not to care about fools like that is a better expenditure of energy

Dimple – I am glad that your dog was safe and sound. I’d hate it of our Kayla got lost or hurt.

Cirdaneth – Poor thing! :hug: Here’s a hug to help you get well. Sending some virtual garlic and zinc >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Brandy- How’s grandma-in-waiting? I hope that launch time will be trouble-free.

Awelyn- I hope you doggie will be OK. Mine is getting older , too and starting to have a few health problems. We surely do not want to see them suffer.

Not sure if it’s menopause yet or just the return of the dreaded PMS (tho’ I suppose it could be both). Thanks for all the good wishes. :love:

Swabby- have no fear., getting choked up is not unusual in mature men. My darling hubby has noticed the same thing. Mind you, he’s a sweet man with a big heart anyway, so it’s not a change in personality for him. It’s more like an increase in intensity. But that’s part of what I love about him and I’ll tell ya, for a lot of women, a man who isn’t afraid to show his emotions is a really attractive feature. :naughty:

Callë – congrats son the new job . Yay! :disco:

Morwin – Barcelona sounds like a lovely city to visit. I hope you enjoy it.
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
swabbythewhite
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2007 03:38
Now I don't feel so out of sync, knowing that such distinguished ladies as Dimple, Virtuelle and Calle also love the little black treats.

I'm very happy to hear about your new job, Calle. I'm sure you deserve it and if we get to see more of you because of it, then we shall all have benefited.

I hope you spring back real quick, Cirdaneth. I'd make that chicken soup for you myself if I could, but I'm way over here.

Smoke of Mordor and flaming eye
shall not our Cirdaneth's health deny
chicken soup and well-earned rest
will surely make her feel her best

Yes, it was last September when that happened Awelyn. I never told y'all, but I recieved three herniated discs in my neck from it. My son said he heard that a kid he knew got a broken leg from that accident yesterday. Today I noticed more police presence along that road than normal. This town I live in is growing incredibly fast and the roads aren't nearly adequate for the amount of traffic that's on them. Some genius decided to put the highschool on the same bottled-up, hard-to-access street that a junior high school is on, and the result is twice-a-day gridlock. The cars going in and out of the junior high blocks the flow of traffic from the highschool and causes it to back up for who knows how far. Hopefully we'll endure until he starts college in two years.

Have a great Humpday everyone, Swabby
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2007 04:26
CALLE:YEAH!! you have the job,great!Would be nice to have you here more oftenAs for your boss don't think about him as being unhappy, think about yourself as getting more opportunities (one p or two)at work and a better for yourself and family!Go ahead with the licorice ,a delicious pleasure,...don't forget to brush your teeth lol

VIRTUELLE:Yes, as of matter of fact, I'm planning this winter to do a little bit of research on the medicinal herbs that they used in medieval time and if I can include them in my garden, I will.I will search also for Middle earth's healing herbs,see what I can find.Let me know what kind of herbs you have, maybe I can help you.

CIRNADETH: Too bad I don't have a herbal tea receipe at hand for your headache.Take care my dear

SCOTS:Glad you're in a good mood!Enjoy the thunderstorms and the CDs

SWABBY: Love that little poemof yours lol

It's a perfect morning, blue sky,the colors start to show,people seems in a good mood today and so I am
Yesterday, I baked chocolate balls, but toay it's triple chocolate cake I don't know what I am suppose to do with myself, I just crave for chocolate!
Anyway, have a chocolately day
Dimple:heart:
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: September 19, 2007 10:23
Thank you all for your hugs and wishes ... and the virtual chicken soup, herb tea, garlic etc. I have had two more bowls of soup today.

The cold went onto my chest overnight and I had to sleep sitting up and have felt very groggy today. There's the most amazing whistling, creaking and groaning when I breath. Feeling slightly better now but the breathing is very tight. Fortunately I am otherwise in good health and have no known medical conditions. Being ill doesn't frighten me. I just settle down and wait to get better ... no point in panicking. Anyway, the nose is a lot clearer at the moment and I can breath through it so I must have turned the corner.

I managed to think straight enough to make an on-line grocery order. It includes more chicken, rice, onions etc for more soup. I also rang my vitamin supplier for garlic, zinc, and their wonderful willow capsules. Willow being a natural aspirin is safer to take than the synthetic variety. I find that one capsule with half a dose of any over-the-counter pain-killers, or cough mixtures actually acts twice as fast and lasts twice as long as a regular dose of either. The willow seems to enhance the effect of the other. I can also recommend tea-tree throat lozenges.

I'm rambling. It's time I shut up. Thanks again for all your hugs etc :hug:
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2007 03:38
Glad to hear that you're feeling a bit better, cirdaneth. I'd send a bowl of steaming athelas and maybe even Ara-baby. He has healing hands, you know.

I'm so glad that you got the job, calle!!! You deserve more time to yourself and with your family.
So you love castles too. I think that some of us shieldmaidens should get together for a castles tour. Wouldn't that be alot of fun??!!

Enjoy Barcelona, morwin. The only place that my work takes me is to the school library where we have to sit in teeny tiny chairs.

Costumes, historical stories, collecting weapons virtuelle??? Although I can't "do" most of those things, I enjoy them all. Guess we shieldmaidens share common interests.

I send well wishes to you, neenime, for whatever it is that's "ailing you". et:

Keeping you and your son in thought and prayer, Randi. My youngest was in Afghanistan for just 2 weeks and I was sooo very relieved when he returned home to the Netherlands!

Chocolate does go with any meal ...or snack, mith. We'll have to be sure to have plenty when we roomies get together about this time next year!!! :disco:

Maybe I should increase my chocolate intake, Dimple. I've been stressed at work and at home lately. Perhaps a chocolate "treatment" would help.

I'm sorry for your son's being hurt by insensitive and/or un-caring friends, arienelle. Hopefully he can learn something positive from this bad experience. He's lucky to have a mom like you to re-assure him of his worth and value as a person.

You know someone who is sometimes out of control, awelyn??? I am shocked! If I must hazzard a guess as to who, I'd say it's either swabby or Roger.

Love the idea of a tattooed and nekkid Aragorn, swabby!!:evil: Guess where I'll be on Friday night or Saturday pm???

Yes, beware of my "art unleashed" trance when I come into contact with resemblances of the "A-elf gal." I can't be held accountable, for whenever I see "her", I "go Galadriel." :twitch:

Of course I am one of the most serious posters on tolkien.co.uk, Roger. Thank goodness I'm there for those deep literary and philosophical discussions!!
Virtuelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2007 06:35
cirdaneth do get better. That sounds like a bad chest cold and leaning to pneumonia. Promise you will go see a doc if not better today. :hug: I recomend watching any LOTR movies to help lift your spirits.

Dimple thank you. :love: Its nice to meet a fellow herb lover. I have several books that are fantastic. I was reading the Cadfael mysteries when I got hooked into herbs. I will go see what I have dying out there tomorrow morning. I am trying to keep several alive in the small grow pots. ( i know dumb)

arienelle can you play online with him? I have played with my son in games he enjoys at times when I can get time. I know it must hurt to have to put up with that. My heart goes out to him. :hug:

Costumes, historical stories, collecting weapons virtuelle??? MT yessss precious. (forgive me I am watching disc one of my Fellowship extended play) I remember some pics of you and Ara baby in costume and you have his sword on your wall... so you have me beat I have zero real swords yet and no pics of me with Aragorn. But I do have a pic of me standing beside a cutout life size Leggy. lol

I will post pics on my flickr account of the kids in costume when we get them done and my sons swords. He is very proud of them.

My hubby said I could go to Alep, and he may change his mind (it will take some arm twisting to get him to go) I know its a long time off what do I do if I can come?

[Edited on 20/9/2007 by Virtuelle]
awelyn418
Send Message
on: September 20, 2007 02:36
Virtue when you are logged in at COE go to the menu click home and then find the article MTMS has there about ALEP. We would love to see you and your husband there . But if you can just come it would be great. You can also go to www.alongexpectedparty.org and go to registration . You will find all the information you need at that website. I love herbs too but I have not the experience that you and Dimple have because I have not grown a single herb but I would love to try next year.

MTMS You think the sometimes out of control person is Swabby or Roger. Well, don't worry, what ever you think is true just remain calm. Where is Neenime when you need her.

Cirdaneth I hate when a cold goes to my chest. It is so bothersome. You sound like the kind of person who hates to be sick. I hope you start feeling better.

Dimple I am glad that I am not at your house because I would have to give up my diet. The chocolate balls sound so yummy as does the cake.

Swabby no I did not know that about your neck. How is your son doing? Have a great Thursday.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: September 20, 2007 02:39
Neenime I missed your post . I hope my dog is better too. I take her to the vet today. Have a great Thursday.
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2007 04:09
Well, if I like spring for everything is fresh ,new, and alive again,summer for wonderful blue sky and sunshine and of course loosing myself in gardening,and winter for..... wait a minute, do I like winter! No not really!Fall is my favorite season.I like the colors,the coolness,there is a special feeling in the air,love walking on the crisp leaves. I spend a lot a time in the kitchen,making stew,soup, chicken pies,apple pies,it's the time when I feel really good staying at home and cocooning.Hope you enjoy FALL too

CIRNADETH:glad you feeling a bit better today!

Have to go now, lot to do today,
Hugs and kisses to all of you
swabbythewhite
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2007 04:44
When I was a kid, summer was my favorite season, probably because there was no school and I was free to go swimming, fishing, sleeping outside on a blanket, star-watching, going to night-time baseball games (to look for chicks only, I didn't give a hoot about the game) and just generally running amock with no supervision. Now that I'm an old geezer, I love the fall the best. The cooler weather, beautiful colors with leaves blowing around, the whole harvest thing---bales of hay, dried corn, pumpkins and gords. Like Dimple said, it is a great time to be in the kitchen cooking up all those pies and other good things to eat. There's a kind of magic in Autumn, at least there is for me.

Have fun watching the mean nekkid man with tattoos this weekend, MT. Swabby
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2007 07:56
Hi Everyone

I finally got my new PC up and connected to the net. Then I forgot my password (which of course was on the other PC) So I asked for a reminder, then I realised that the e-mail account I used when I set myself up here also has a password and a user name and I could remember neither! I have vitamins that are supposed to help the memory but guess what? i keep forgetting to take them! I think I am a hopeless case. Still nice to read all the posts.

Love and Hugs one and all

HT:heart:
Virtuelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2007 08:03
Have fun watching the mean nekkid man with tattoos this weekend, MT. Swabby

LOL Swabby, I am seriously wondering where you mind goes.

Thank you awelyn, I will go look. I was surprised he said yes. lol

We are having one of those magical fall days here today. The air has that crisp touch and a soft breeze is blowing. My wind chimes are gently singing and the sun is bright. Fall is also my favorite time of year. Your right Swabby it has a magical quality about it.
If I close my eyes and think back I can still remember warm scented pine needles and quaking aspens from where I grew up as a girl in South Dakota. It was a place that now that I think back we had a place like Rivendell down below where I lived. You had to drive down into the deep valley cut by the creek. I lived above Hiesga on a big grassy valley. I will have to see if I have some pics. I didn't but someone has a flickr page on the lodge. And I found a site for it! It was a lodge when I was a girl but I don't remember it like that more like the black and white pic on their site.

I was saddened today to learn that the Fantasy writer of the Wheel of Time books died on Sunday at the age of 58. Robert Jordan was one of my fav's. Linky.

cirdaneth
Send Message
on: September 20, 2007 11:02
HI everyone! Feeling a lot better today, though a bit wrung out and limp. The nose and throat are OK, the headache has cleared and the whistling and creaking of lungs only happens slightly at the end of an exhalation. Still keeping well away from everyone, though, and will do so until Monday.

Thank you Mith for the lovely E-card. It bucked me up no end.
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2007 01:11
Fall what fall? We had snow here yesterday... and today it is in the 60*s... where is fall?

Randi - your son is in my prayers as are all who are on the battle front... too many Gondorian soldiors going east of Mordor for my tastes... wish we had some Elves to send there instead. [No I'm not getting political I just have a hard time with Orcs that's all.] Sigh, Silverleaf and I miss the kids and grandkids...

Cirdaneth - sure hope you are feeling better...

Swabby - are you handing out licorice? If so I want some.

Calle - congrats on the new job!

MT - I'm not mentioning you know who... and I hope all goes well with you and yours between fits of black marker scribbling on her posters!

OK who did I miss?
Sigh wish I could keep track of peoples names I am soo bad:evil:! Well Will hold you all in my prayers just the same.

All I've to report is that Dale came by and pulled the big bushes out of the drive way space so next spring it might look like an actual driveway...
Still have to bring in water and we may not have the water lines in before the real freeze hits here.
Just as well we have the 5th wheel in the RV Park for the next 20 months...

I hope to get in to read and post more often... it has been a busy summer/fall here.

Hugs to everyone and wishes for joy in your creations both in this world and in Middle Earth.

MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2007 04:08
OMG!! I'm even MORE excited to hear that you may come to ALEP, virtuelle!!! Do register, as space is a bit limited. When you check out the site, pop in the forum and say hello. You'll see two famiiar faces there.

I love you and your forgetfullness, HT. You make me feel as if I'm not too far gone after all.

Sounds like you've been very busy making your house into a home, vicarcat. Know that you'll be pleased with the end product.

I guess I'm still somewhat childish, as summer is my favorite season. I love the warmth of the sun, the big, puffy clouds, the bright, blue ocean, the cool starry nights, fireflies, bonfires on the beach and being able to stay up verrry late at night. Summer, to mr is freedom.

I've got a date on Saturday, swabby, with a tattooed meanly nekkid man. (My grandmother would be shocked!) I'm not taking any markers with me, Roger, but I will bring my glasses.

Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2007 03:08
Greetings to all and mae govannen

Randi In my haste to catch up with posts I missed the bit about your son. I send prayers of protection for him. :angel: :angel: :angel:

Virtuelle, your description of magical Fall days makes me yearn for them. Unfortunately, ours is shaping up to be gray and rainy. My gorgeous Virginia Creeper, that is usually aflame on the south wall has already been decimated by the first frost, before most of the leaves turned. Yukk - kind of a Brown Lands Fall, rather than the Rivendell or Shire that I would like.

Too bad about Robert Jordan, I was really looking forward to the wrapping up of that serpentine and sometimes too complicated series. I wonder what will happen now. I'll bet the publisher will commission someone to ghost-write the rest from Jordan's own notes. Too much potential revenue to be lost to a mere act of reality by the universe! (Sorry, did I sound a little cynical there?)

So, is everyone getting ready to celebrate Bilbo and Frodo's birthday tomorrow? I've come to work in my Tolkien-inspired duds: a Hobbit-like vest over an old fashioned peasant-like blouse , with my Mallorn leaf on the vest and the Ring of Barahir on my hand. Started my morning with a reading from "A Long Expected Party". Ahhhhhh - Tolkien.

There is a message board out in the main hallway here in my university centre. I wrote HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILBO BAGGINS on it. I hope to make the secret Tolkien fanciers smile today and let them know that they are not alone. Sometimes I sneak into an empty classroom and write FOR GONDOR! or FRODO LIVES.
hehehe :naughty:
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Beth3711
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2007 03:26
Hello everyone, this is Beth3711, new poster here. I know a poster or two here from the CoH forum. I've been invited to come over and say "Hi!". So.... hi!
Dimple_Bumbleroot
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2007 04:18
SWABBY:I wish I could go see this bad beauty with tattoos.The movie is not here yet,in english and I like to see it in the original version.But I think it will be here next week

HT:you made me laugh lol.I'm happy to see that I'm not the only one especially when I don't remember where I left my glasses.One day I was looking for them until I sat on the glasses and I remembered!!!!!! but I guess it was a little bit too late.It took me about half an hour to fix them and my face look crooked because my glasses were crooked too! Well such is life when you're getting old

VIRTUELLE:You grew up in a magic place,it does look like Rivendell:heart:.You must have fond memories of your childhood?

VICARCAT:NO!!Don't tell me you missed already an entire season What a shame, by the way,where do you live?

NEENIME: I don't dress like a Hobbit on ''Hobbit day'' but I cook like one.Every 22nd of sept.I start reading the Hobbit and I follow with the LoR trilogy.Each year it's like a ritual for me.Keep writing messages, we are not alone for sure and maybe more than we think,anyway this is my hope

BETH: :wave: WELCOME .I'm a french canadian from Québec.I'm on this site since last may, so I'm fairly new as you can see.Tell us a little bit about yourself and we will go on from thereGlad you're with us.We are very serious and mature bunch.....are we really? as you will discover...
Again warm welcome

Tomorrow it's Bilbo's and Frodo's birthday, :cheers:HAPPY HOBBIT DAY!
Have a good week_end all
rtittensor
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2007 05:23
Hi Beth and welcome you will see MT or meli lurks round causing trouble as usual

Hi Mt glasses or binoculars and no markers what about pencils, crayons spray paint? The therapy is working then how long has it been now?

awelyn418 and Mt I have never been out of control it has been said I am a control freak or was it freak ? Cannot vouch for swabby though? And MT is a good one to talk about out of control jealous rages and uncontrolled defacement of you know who

Good weekend to one and all
Roger

[Edited on 21/9/2007 by rtittensor]

[Edited on 21/9/2007 by rtittensor]
cirdaneth
Send Message
on: September 21, 2007 08:56
Welcome, Beth! I'm Cirdaneth, co-mod of the Books Forum. Hope to see you there too.

Took a set-back today and the bugs got into my sinuses and lungs big-time. Fortunately my neighbours over the troad are the two guys who run the out-of-hours medical services for the northern half of Derbyshire. They are nurses. I phoned and Tony came over with his stethoscope and checked me out. Nothing to worry about, but it was best to be on the safe side. He'll keep an eye on me. I'm doing all the right things so it's just a matter of time. Meanwhile I feel as if someone is trying to carve my cheekbones off.

The trouble is that singers have big sinuses and big lungs and the little bugs go "Yay!" :disco: " ... look at all these lovely moist surfaces!" and just dive in there and get busy.

hugs to all :hug:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: September 21, 2007 04:04
cirdaneth, I am so sorry that you have had a set back. How fortunate that you have such wonderful neighbors that are nurses. Take care of yourself. I did not know that about singers.

Yes, Roger I understand completely and I have never said that about you. I think the person that said that was also the same person that had that marker.

Dimple I have put my glasses on my head and went and asked my husband if he had seen my glasses. He said yeah they are on your head. Boy did I ever feel silly. Happy Hobbit day it is also my twin grandchildren's birthday.

Hi, Beth :wave: and come back anytime to get to know us better and for us to know you better. Have a great weekend.

Hi neenime and yes I am getting ready to celebrate. I will dress like a Hobbit and wear the ring on a necklace around my neck.

MTMS I love the fall there is magic in that season for me and the yellow trees remind me of the Mallorn trees. I can understand why summer would be yours though.

Vicarcat! It is so good to read your post. I have missed you. I hope you get your water before the freezes hit. Oh my goodness snow that is so hard for me to comprehend that form of weather yet. Come back soon.

Virtue,Like I said to MTMS,Autumn is my favorite season. I hope things work out and you do get to come to ALEP.

HT so glad to see your post. I am glad your computer trouble is over. :killcomp:

Swabby I agree with you on the season. Have a good weekend.

My dog does not have diabetes that is the good news. The bad news is we don't know what is the problem. The vet is just trying to fatten her up and then we will do more tests. Have a great weekend every one.
Beth3711
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2007 04:05
Thanks for the welcome everybody. I'm trying to figure out how this forum works, I post in a couple others and each one is different!

I live in Colorado and love reading Tolkien and talking about his works.

awelyn418
Send Message
on: September 21, 2007 04:05
cirdaneth, I am so sorry that you have had a set back. How fortunate that you have such wonderful neighbors that are nurses. Take care of yourself. I did not know that about singers.

Yes, Roger I understand completely and I have never said that about you. I think the person that said that was also the same person that had that marker.

Dimple I have put my glasses on my head and went and asked my husband if he had seen my glasses. He said yeah they are on your head. Boy did I ever feel silly. Happy Hobbit day it is also my twin grandchildren's birthday.

Hi, Beth :wave: and come back anytime to get to know us better and for us to know you better. Have a great weekend.

Hi neenime and yes I am getting ready to celebrate. I will dress like a Hobbit and wear the ring on a necklace around my neck.

MTMS I love the fall there is magic in that season for me and the yellow trees remind me of the Mallorn trees. I can understand why summer would be yours though.

Vicarcat! It is so good to read your post. I have missed you. I hope you get your water before the freezes hit. Oh my goodness snow that is so hard for me to comprehend that form of weather yet. Come back soon.

Virtue,Like I said to MTMS,Autumn is my favorite season. I hope things work out and you do get to come to ALEP.

HT so glad to see your post. I am glad your computer trouble is over. :killcomp:

Swabby I agree with you on the season. Have a good weekend.

My dog does not have diabetes that is the good news. The bad news is we don't know what is the problem. The vet is just trying to fatten her up and then we will do more tests. Have a great weekend every one.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2007 06:12
It was good of you to leave a notice of Bilbo's birthday in a public place, neenime. Whenever I mention such, I see folks roll their eyes. I can almost hear them think, "yeah, okay. Now go away you wierdo."

Therapy has helped, Roger, but I must continue by watching all the Viggo Mortensen movies possible (:love: :drool: :disco: ) and attending Tolkien events. Although I've improved, I have a long way to go before I am "normal"...though that may come as a surprise to you.

Should I send my king with the healing hands, cirdaneth? Either you'll feel better or you won't care HOW you're feeling!

WELCOME Beth!! It's so very good to see you here. I'm known as MT at this place. Sometimes you have to start over again...kind of like a witness protection program.
Beth is a very intelligent gal who knows alot about Tolkien. She also has a very good sense of humor and is alot of fun (I think she appreciates Aragorn too)!! She's my kind of gal!!

No furry feet with the hobbit outfit this year, awelyn.

I guess that it's up to me to watch Eastern Promises for you, Dimple! Oh, the sacrifices I make for myfriends!

Saw my motorcycle man, Barry, at Tamara's tonight. He didn't drive his bike because the weather is rainy. He seems to think that he's going to get me to ride in his little bitty plane. :nono: I asked him if I needed a parachute and he told me that the plane had it's own!
Think I'm going to stick to motorcycles!

There was a play at school today where some of the staff members had roles to play. One of our reading coaches was dressed like a pirate. His costume was pretty good, except his sword was about as thick as a knitting needle and about as long. Can you believe he'd be seen in public with such, swabby??? I told him that if he ever needed to borrow a good blade, to come to me. Didn't he know???

Tomorrow is the date with the meanly tattooed nekkid man. Will let you know how it went!:love:

MT
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2007 01:08
Hey Everyone,
Just wanted to explain my absence from the thread. We have a new baby! Kenyan Jeffrey was born on Teusday Sept. 18 at 6:15 in the morning. He weighed 6 lbs. 11 oz. and 21 in. long. He is so very precious and already growing and doing very well. I have been with my daughter every spare minute I can find.
I am so happy to have him here and to get to love on him. He is very sweet, has a soft cry and generally doesn't do much of that anyway. A true delight!
Brandywine
awelyn418
Send Message
on: September 22, 2007 02:22
Brandy,Congratulations on the birth of your first grandchild. He sounds like a keeper. There is just nothing sweeter than a newborn. Kenyan is blessed to have a loving grandmother. I am glad that everything went well and that he is home. Blessings to you and your family.

No MTMS there will not be furry feet this year. Thank you for reminding me. I think I would stay out of that little plane and stick to motorcycles.

Happy Birthday Bilbo and Frodo! :disco: :cheers: :cheers: :rolling:
cirdaneth
Send Message
on: September 22, 2007 05:22
Congratulations Brandy! :disco: I'm glad all went well. I knew you'd enjoy grannydom when you got there!
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2007 02:53

Congrats on the little bundle of joy, Brandywine. Here's to many happy times now and in the future. Welcome to the blessed realm of grandmotherhood!!!
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2007 03:32
I know it's a bit late in the day, but better late than never says I!!

:cheers: Happy Birthday, Bilbo and Frodo! Many happy returns of the day! I've been telling all my family that it's the guys' birthday today. They too, roll their eyes and give me the "so what?" look. And they love me! *sheesh* People just don't get it do they? Aren't you glad that we do??!
Cheers!
Scots
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2007 06:13
Brandy, welcome to the wonderfulness of grandmotherhood! I am twice blessed with a granddaughter who is three and a grandson who is 5 months old. I don't have to tell you what a precious gift they are!

Cirdaneth, sorry you've had a set back. Those bugs can be hard to throw off sometimes. Take it easy and try to rest as much as you can.

Awelyn, I hope your hounddog turns around pretty soon. It's really tough to watch them suffer and not be able to figure out how to help them.

Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: September 23, 2007 12:29
Well, I'm back, like a certain hobbit said. Had a nice trip, and despite it being business, there was some time for looking around the city of Barcelona as well. There should have been a lot more time for that, though, to see even half of what was worth seeing... It's great to sleep in my own bed again, though.

Congratulations, Brandy! :cheers: The birth of a grandchild is definitely a good reason to stay away for a few days!

Welcome to the club, Beth! :wave:

Cirdaneth, hope your cold is already subsiding now.

Have a nice Sunday, everybody! :hug:
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2007 02:20
It's been a quiet week in Lake Wobegone, a little known area of the Misty Mountains. (actually a reference to the wonderful Garrison Keillor ).

Busy at work though, but not much else happening.

Hope you soon feel well, if not already, cirdaneth. :hug:

Huge congratulations, Brandy on the birth of your lovely little grandson. Lovely name, by the way. Hope you enjoy being a granny. :love:

Hi to Beth and welcome, hi to those returning FoFers and to the regulars. :love:

Glad you had a good trip, Morwin. Never been to Barcelona, but I believe it is a beautiful city.

We had three Sundays here in the UK of the LotR films. My partner suffered ... errm watched them with me. Lol! He explained on occasion how he would have used different tactics in the battles and wanted to know how come Arwen was the only good looking Elf.

Happy Sunday to all. :hug:

Rose :heart:
swabbythewhite
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2007 03:41
Congratulations Brandy! Isn't it fabulous being a granny? I love being a gramps and wish I had seven more of the little darlings. There's nothing like hearing that little voice saying, "Papaw, take me to Walmart and buy me a new Barbie!" And I answer "Of course, sweetheart, Papaw will get you anything you want!"

I got it from a pretty good source that our #1 defacer of A-lady pics got her a big ol' dose of tattooed, nekkid, mean, sexy Viggo yesterday. Oh, the dreams she must have had last night!

Morwin, did you try any of that paella?

Now where's that Arienelle? I hope she's not having anymore difficulties with orcs, pc's or throat bugs.

Have a great Sunday! Swabby
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2007 06:14
How the time does fly. Happy Birthday to Bilbo and Frodo! Hubby sent me the most gorgeous flowers...all pinks with roses and lilies and other pretty posies. My friends took me out on my birthday evening for a bit. Was lots of fun. Hubby is taking me to dinner tonight. It was rescheduled from yesterday as he had an opportunity to go to see his favorite team (Penn State) play at Michigan. But that just makes the celebration go on even longer. :love: Next year will be the ultimate birthday celebration.

Did I hear chocolate? I love good chocolate, the darker the better. Yes, chocolate and the Ranger dude...staples of life. I will be with you in spirit while you see that gorgeous ranger on the big screen, MT Enjoy :heart::love::heart: !

It is good your dog does not have diabetes, Awelyn. Hope you can nurse him back to health and find out what is wrong with him.

Congratulations on the birth of your new grandson, Brandy.

I love what you said about being a grandpa, Swabby.

Cirdaneth, you must certainly need the healing hands of a ranger. That would surely knock that cold out for good.

Welcome to FOF, Beth. Tell us more, please.

Well it is a beautiful day and I'm off to enjoy it. Take care my friends. Love and hugs to you all. :heart: :hug: :love:

[Edited on 25/9/2007 by Miththoliel]
<< First1516171819
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email