Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First3233343536Last >>
Author Topic:
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That is terrible. I pray for everyone who has ever done self harm, ever. I know how it feels to be distressed so badly.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
Hey guys, please pray for me as I consider my future - I was planning on joining the navy next year but I just found out I can't get in at the moment, because I have low iron levels.
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Prayers to you, Marielle. Eat plenty of iron rich foods such as spinach (and meat if you aren't a vegetarian). You need dietary stuff more than pills. Best to you in your endeavors. I spent 20 years in the Navy and retired as a Chief in 1991. My son's in the Navy now and stationed in Hawaii. Hope you can get in.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Marille, I have low blood iron levels, too, and I'm not able to donate blood unless I eat a LOT of vitamins and foods with iron. I know how you feel, but that has never put my future on hold. I will definitely be praying for you! Just remember, if you aren't able to get into the Navy, that means that God has bigger plans for you!

It is an honor to know someone who would willingly serve our country! And Belle, thanks for your service as well!

[Edited on 09/16/2013 by lotrelessar94]
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
I have a question for you guys, have you ever been creeped out by a design on clothing even though you didn't know what or if it had a meaning? Reason I ask is I picked up this wool shawl from the expired lost and found pile, it has a celtic style border on it and now that I'm at home looking at it I feel like there is something wrong with it, it's really weird, I certainly can't wear it.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I do not think it is the design. If you feel something is weird, get it out of your house. Put it back in the lost and found pile or donate it. Always trust your instinct. If you feel something is not right, then it isn't.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Has anyone ever known what they should be doing, like if they have been told to do something, but you just can't seem to do it? Like, you hesitate, and ask yourself why? Cos I have got that a lot recently. I can never find a reason to do what I've been told to do, there just doesn't seem any point, even if it's just 'do this question'. But I always do it because I can't find a reason not to either.
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
The soul is here for it's own joy.

Huldah? It's not the shawl is it.

wolfie - We all feel that way. Humility.
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
I showed it to my roomate, she thinks it's a dragon design and agreed it was very dark. I threw it away, and good riddence, I don't want something around that has some kind of dark meaning.
And I will live to carry Your compassion, to love a world that's broken, to be Your hands and feet, and I will give with the life that I've been given, and go beyond religion to see the world be changed by the power of Your name. ~Lincoln Brewster
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
That si very interesting, Huldah, becasue I have gotten that exact feeling from a necklace a freshman girl was wearing in school just the other day. Its a very strange torch and crest thing, with this very odd symbol instead of flame. It really creeped me out. If you feel that something is dark or even evil, just trust your gut.

Praying for you all everyday.
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Awhile back I requested pray for Mr. Randy, for his cancer. Well, now he has tumors in his brain. Yesterday morning he stopped breathing. His son prayed, and Mr. Randy sneezed really hard and started breathing again.

After lunch yesterday, I went outside and cried. And read my Bible. I know that whatever God plans to do, it's for the best. I don't want Mr. Randy to die, but if that's what God wants, then...that's okay. Please pray for all of us, especially Mr. Randy and his family. And my dad. This is really hard on him, too. I love Mr. Randy, but I want him to be well again, even if that means God wants him to be in Heaven instead of with us here on earth. Thanks guys. Isaiah 40:28-31

[Edited on 09/26/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
HuldahMaria
Council Member
Send Message
That's always hard Mareth. My dad lost a very close friend several years ago, it can be even harder for men because they don't always know how or feel comfortable expressing themselves. We'll keep you al in prayer.

I have to contact someone I know only as an acquaintance and see if I can talk to her. I don't really know what about, but I've had two dreams about her this year and in the second I was talking to her like we were pretty good friend so I feel like I really need to initiate something deeper than greetings at church. Please pray for this, this whole thing is new for me, and there's a whole lot more I can't say here.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I will be praying for you, Huldah.

Mareth, did you recieve my letter yet? In it I explained alot about how I felt when my grandmother passed away, and Im sure it will relate to what you were saying about Mr. Randy and how you feel. Strange that I had a random urge to tell you about that in the note when nothing was spoken about death or loss, but then this situation comes up. God had a hand in it, and He is good!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
No, it hasn't come. Probably will later today though. Wow, that's pretty cool! I lost one of my grandmothers too. Cancer, also. But I still have my grandparents on Mama's side, so I'm thankful for that!
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
I no longer have any grandmothers on either side.
Marille Lairiel
Council Member
Send Message
I only have one of my grandparents left, my grandmother on my dad's side. Praying for you!

Also Maxie, I love your current siggy! Reminds me of the song Beauty From Pain by Superchick, have you heard of them?

"And though I can't understand why this happened
I know that I will when I look back someday
And see how you've brought beauty from ashes
And made me as gold purified through these flames"
The more I live I see this life's not about me ~ Anberlin
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
OK, so I havent been on here in a while. I will pray for y'all though!
OK, so prayers for my mamaw are still needed she has stage 4 cancer and it doesnt seem to be getting better, not not so much worse either. it is just staying put.
another thing please pray for a man i saw today! i know that sounds weird but hear me out! he is doing a prayer walk from Arizona to Ohio, or more precisely the Creation Muesem (an awesome place ) But he is almost done, only 5 days left! so pray the rest of the time goes well and he reaches his destination safe and sound!
one thing (this isnt a prayer request but it is important) i also wanted to post it that Yoplait yogurt is making pink lids on their yogurt to support breast cancer and every lid that you send in by mail or entered the code on the bottom of the lid online they donate 10 cents to breast cancer research. they raised 1.5 million or so last year too! happy yogurt eating! LOL
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, Marille, and I love that song. Thanks!

I am going to ask for pray for myself. Over the summer, two close friends of mine picked a fight with me. The fued lasted for three months, until one of the two friends, "Abby", and I reconciled. Within the past week, I feel that Abby is going in a seperate direction than I am and I have decided to sever ties with her completely. Because I spent so much time with them, I have a limited outside friend basis, and most of those friends are not in any of my classes, and my best friends are not even in the same school district as myself. I need to completely rebuild my friend base, and Im not the most welcoming person in the world, and Im not much of a people person in general. So pray for me. Thanks!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Aw...I'm so sorry Maxie! *hugs* Praying for ya!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Mr. Randy was received into Jesus' waiting arms late last night. He is healed, and he will never have cancer again. "...The Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." Job 1:21 b. Thank you all for your prayers. God answered them. Although I wish Mr. Randy was here with us, I guess God wanted to be with him too. I love you, Mr. Randy. I will see you again one day, but until then, goodbye.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I am sorry you lost someone you care about, Mareth_Ravenock. Your strong faith will let you see him again.
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Lindarielwen.

The funeral is tomorrow. Please pray for strength for everyone concerned, but particularly Mr. Randy's family.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im so sorry, Mareth. I will be praying for you, as well as strength for Mr. Randy's family and for your own.

Hugs! You can email me anytime if you want to talk.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks Maxie.

The funeral went well. I bawled my eyes out, but I reckon that's normal enough. One of my awesome friends was walking by where we were sitting and she asked if we were okay. As I was rather choked up, I couldn't answer, so I just nodded. She saw I was about to start crying so she got down on my level (I was sitting down) and let me cry on her shoulder. Love that girl. ♥ The funeral was sweet. Some of Mr. Randy's sons spoke, as well as a couple of other men. I believe that a couple of Mr. Randy's sons made his coffin. They buried him this morning, and the funeral was this afternoon.

"And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away." Revelation 21:4

Especially: "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes..." God is good. He'll always help us through our trials.

[Edited on 10/06/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]

[Edited on 10/06/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
:'(

I feel like we have all had enough of funerals for our lifetime.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Well, as Roy Rogers once said, "If there were no valleys of sadness and death, we could never really appreciate the sunshine of happiness on the mountain top.".

On a side note, Maxie you have 1,081 posts! O.O
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
He was a wise man, ol' Roy was. They don't make many like him. I'm glad Mr. Randy's send off went so well. As long as he is remembered, he will live forever in your hearts.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
prayers for my mamaw would me very very very much appreciated! she is getting worse i think she can't eat much because it doesn't stay in her body.
also, my mom has an essential oils class she is teaching today and i think she is nervous
prayers for my daddy as well. he is REALLY stressed out because of mamaw, work, and more stuff. thanks!

I am sorry about mr. randy mareth. i was going to post but i haven't been able to log in for a while.
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, it seems like there's a lot going on right now in all of your lives.

Mareth, I will be praying for you guys and Mr. Randy's family. Legolas 23, I'll be praying for your mamaw and peace for your dad I can't imagine what you are going through right now, and our families are joined together to pray for lots and lots of healing. I'm so proud of you, and your strong faith through all this is so inspiring to me. No one your age should have to deal with what you are dealing with, and your faith is being strengthened because of it. You're awesome, girly

And Maxie, I know what you're dealing with. Me and my sisters have been thinking and praying for you. We need to hang out soon
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Thanks guys.

I'm so sorry Legolas! Praying things will get better for you. *hugs*
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Im sorry, Legolas23.

And thanks, lotrelessar. We really all do need to hang out soon, but between work and school and PSAT studying, it's hard to find time. this Saturday? I will call. Or vice versa.

Speaking of PSAT...Im taking it on Oct. 19th at 7 AM. For anyone who deosnt know, ahem Mareth, a PSAT is a pretest for a big scary college test called the SAT. The PSAT is what many corporations look at for scholarships and stuff while the SAT is more for colleges. I am hoping for a score on both of those between 1200 and 1600. Thanks for your prayers!
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Findemaxam, I'm working saturday from 3pm to midnight :/ Unless that changes because I told my manager I don't want to be a manager, and I shouldn't have to keep opening and closing....
Which is also a prayer request, that I figure out what I need to do as far as whether or not I should be training as a manager... my store manager really wants me to but I'm a full time student in college now, and I can't put too much on my plate. Just pray that she sees my argument and cooperates with my availability.
Legolas23
Council Member
Send Message
Another prayer request right now. i know it might seem like i dont care about your prayer requests, but i really do! ok so here is goes:
my papaw has REALLY bad feet. i mean, he goes through a pair of shoes in like 2 weeks because he walks on the sides of his feet if that makes sense. he really needs to get surgery on both ankles and wrists, but he would not be able to take care of mamaw. please pray that they somehow find the money to get that done and we (my family) can find a way to help them with this.
my aunt Jen is pregnant (yay!) so please pray for a healthy baby this will be their first! and nana will be a nan for the 8th time! it is kinda cool because when this baby and Owen, the newest baby, are old enough to do much, i will be able to be the cousin that takes them everywhere! lol.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Praying for you all.

On a side note...my family and lotrelessar's are hanging out on Friday.
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Maxie, you can't blame me for not knowing what things like PSATs are. I don't go to school, so give me a break. Praying for you! And you lotrelessar.

Legolas, I'm wearing my puzzle piece necklace because I was thinking about you and praying for you. *hugs*

[Edited on 10/11/2013 by Mareth_Ravenlock]
<< First3233343536Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email