Register

<< First89101112
Author Topic:
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Any Teen LotR fans?
on: June 14, 2009 03:07
YES! I made him watch it! Afterwards, we had a lovely conversation on the exact dates and times of day that the events took place on. *Needless to say, with me around, it was pretty one-sided.* :evil:

I know; I love the line in my sig too. :love:
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2009 09:33
ok, so i went to Altell on Monday to get my phone fixed. And on my phone for the banner it says, "Estelio Eru" which means "Trust God" in elvish. So the Altell guy asked me what that meant and I was like,

"Trust God in *pause* Elvish...."

"Cool"

Not sure what he thought of me then but I was laughing inside.

That is AWESOME!! Totally changing my phone banner!! Thats great!
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2009 09:41
Thanks Estelwen
our graduation was on Friday
and yes, my speech was centered around quotes from Tolkien
Star Wars speech, that would be funny
so, does that mean you're off to college next year as well?

Oh good! That mustve been a good one! Yes my friends speech was hilarious, even if he hadnt meant it to be with him it wouldve been!! Hes a Star Wars and LOTR freak as well No I am going to be a senior this year... However about half of my friends graduated this year, which of course is sad! But it'll be ok
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 14, 2009 04:39
awsome! a speech with Tolkien quotes!

It could go something like this:

"bla bla bla and as Tolkien said, bla bla bla. bla bla bla the professor Tolkien said. bla bla bla bla Tolkien said about bla bla bla. and bla bla bla said...."

*guy in audience* "we know, Tolkien."

"Right! How'd you know??"

Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Any Teen LotR fans?
on: June 27, 2012 09:43
Well, I'm 15, so I would count as a teen fan.
lordoftheringer
Assistant Ghost of Mandos
Send Message
on: June 27, 2012 12:17
Also a teen fan, I think this thread needs reviving a bit. Hmm...WAKE UP!
"The more tragic things get, the more I feel like laughing." - Mat Cauthon
JMBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2012 11:36
16 here! And yes it does need reviving so uhhh hows everyone's summer going? <--- uncreative conversation starter lol
Image"Our God is a Lord of angels and of men... and of elves." -J.R.R. Tolkien
Pimpernel_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2012 02:52
I'm 16 too And I've got my first summer season employment *Yay* Working isn't always that fun, but considering the fact that there are so many people without one I'm very happy that i've got this chance to save up some money for my education So there'll be no real vacation for me this year...
So, uhhh, will you be going somewhere for vacation this summer?
lordoftheringer
Send Message
on: June 28, 2012 05:44
Ah, I guess I forgot to mention my age...well, awkward...I am 16 too, closer to 17, but oh well. Uh, this summer I am reading till my brain explodes, as always, and brains leave horrible stains on the walls, trust me. Now that I sound like an axe murderer I shall stop talking.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2012 11:11
I got to work in a warehouse yesterday, for a guy's small business, moving stuff around, putting together orders, and than going on deliveries with him. It was pretty good, i would like a 5 or 6 days a week job though. Not like working in a building though, i can't stand that. (except when i get to move things around ) I would much rather be doing agricultural stuff, digging, or landscaping, but my personal fav is just wherever i get to use my muscles the most
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2012 01:22
I'm 15 and I really like LotR and I (thankfully) have a job! I work at a library. Kind of boring but when there are breaks in things to do I get to work on what I really love, Computer programming. Although I do like physical labor more than the brain power I have to use here. I could probably tell you the alphabet forwards and backwards in thirty seconds. (not really, that was a joke )
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2012 09:00
Quote from lordoftheringer on June 28, 2012, 15:44
Uh, this summer I am reading till my brain explodes, as always, and brains leave horrible stains on the walls, trust me. Now that I sound like an axe murderer I shall stop talking.

LOL!!!!

Well, I'm going into 8th grade this year, and uh.... I love LotR... and ummmmm.... hi. <--(awkward conversation)

This summer we have to read The Hobbit for summer reading, and I couldnt be more excited! But all of my friends are complaining that it's "so long!" Come on, I mean, it's only about 200 pages. They're lucky they dont have to read LotR!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2012 10:08
Quote from GotPrecious on June 30, 2012, 07:00

This summer we have to read The Hobbit for summer reading, and I couldnt be more excited! But all of my friends are complaining that it's "so long!" Come on, I mean, it's only about 200 pages. They're lucky they dont have to read LotR!

I know! LotR is way more longer than The Hobbit.
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
lordoftheringer
Send Message
on: June 29, 2012 10:18
Try reading the Silmarillion...I mean really, try it, it's a great book, if you like Elvish history and violence. A lot of that. Read it three times, still wonderful...and bloody.

Edit: Hmm...so what are these dragons and dragon eggs things for? *curious*
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2012 10:48
I know, I STILL haven't finished reading the Silmarillion... *sigh*

lordoftheringer: There's this website called dragcave.net, where you can get a dragon egg and put it in your sig. The more clicks your egg gets, the more likely it will hatch and grow up.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2012 02:55
I have FOUR dragons! Fear Me!!!!!
lordoftheringer
Send Message
on: June 30, 2012 09:40
Got one!
Awesome, I feel kind of like Hagrid...
and you can call me Kat by the way, nickname, what they call me in Mandos, and
such.
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2012 09:03
I just watched the first Harry Potter movie... again. I also bought "Quidditch Through the Ages" and "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them." But enough about HP...
Kat - I've gone through like 10 eggs, and none of them have hatched, so if you get desperate, check out dragonhatch.tk to get more clicks. i don't know exactly how it works, but oh well. lol

Only about 165 days until The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey!!!
Nrogara
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2012 05:25
hey Kat, your egg looks like mine!

I'm 17. I don't have a job yet cuz I haven't got my licence, but I'm working on it. And when I get it I would LOVE to work in a library.
Image Image
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: July 01, 2012 07:40
Let's try to stay on topic, please. That was how many teen LOTR fans there. If you want to talk about the dragon eggs please start a new top in the Palantir, which is about off topic games, books, and movies. Thanks!
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2012 09:22
^^ Oh sorry... My bad.. :S
ArwenElfMaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2012 04:53
yes 14 here...i read The Hobbit last January (2011), LOTR like Feb-May, saw all 3 extended editions in September, read the Silmarillion, then read the History of Middle-earth and am currently reading Unfinished Tales. I have made my own Lembas and Mallorn Leaves, figured out my name in Tengwar. yep, i kinda like LOTR
"What are we holding onto, Sam?" "That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo. and it's worth fighting for."
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2012 01:37
Cool!
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2012 06:04
Well, I'm 16...have read and studied the Silmarillion over and over agaain lol...Unfinished Tales is good reading, way to go Arwen

Nice dragons leoflic
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2012 06:24
thanx!
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2012 10:01
I'm 13, and just joined this site like a few days ago. My nickname on here is Raven
Btw Leoflic is one of my bros=D
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2012 08:23
Hey Raven! (cool avi btw)
Eruwestiel_Evensong
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2012 04:38
I'm 16, and Mareth and Leo are some of my siblings. I never finished reading the Trilogy but I want to. I also REALLY want to watch the Trilogy extended again.
"And I dreamed of seas and ships, and of waves crashing on the shore in the twilight of the world..." ~Song, member of the Realm of Ulmo
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2012 06:17
Thanks GP=D I like urs And we're like the same age! I think thats cool

I haven't read the LotRs books yet, but I want to
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
CEOofawesome
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2012 02:51
13 here! That's like the minimum age for teenager right? I have read part of the hobbit, all of TFotR and have started The Two Towers. Don't have a job. But a job would be a cool. Don't know if I am at an age where I ca get the kinda normal job, you know McDonald's (god I hope not!) and stuff. But still, HI!
yes I regret my user name no I am not that full of myself
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2012 06:46
Hey CEOofawesome! (Love your username!) Seems like we're getting lots of new younger users lately! *yesss!*
dwellerofthewest
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2012 12:56
I am 14 and I have read TT RotK FotR and am reading the Silmarillion. I have seen all the movies and I am sorry but I have read the Hobbit and do not like it.
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2012 01:22
Aw, why don't you like The Hobbit?
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2012 05:39
I'm glad that there r some people my age on here I haven't read the LotRs books yet, but I did read the Hobbit. I really liked it Btw I like ur avi
dwellerofthewest
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2012 04:12
Ok, really off topic here, but i could't think of where to put it. I noticed that some peeps where wondering where the funny pics went/when will they be back, and i just noticed that they are on here under 'The Humor Section/Pippin's Picture Parodies' Hope that helps anyone who was interested.
<< First89101112
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email