Register

<< First7891011Last >>
Author Topic:
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Any Teen LotR fans?
on: March 04, 2009 12:05
I LOVE Veggietales, at first I was sad that they made LOTB but then I watched it and LOVED IT!!! Its the best!! Im 17 but I ADORE Veggietales!! Its GREAT!!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 12:11
i'm 17 too, estelwen, and i go head over heels for Veggie Tales as well. I go crazy. i just looooove Larry! :love:
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 12:26
I love Larry too... My favorite Veggie Tales is LotB but I like the new Pirates That Don't Do Anything too. And Jonah. And Gideon. And the Wizard of Ha's. And Huckleberry Larry. Um, yeah.
ChefArwen94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 03:42
My mom's favorite song is the Cheeseburger song. It still makes me smile, even now

I personally like all of the older ones the best, though. The ones that came out in the '90s.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 05:30
As much as I love VeggieTales, I know there's a thread around here somewhere for that.

Anyways, back to teens and LOTR. :love:

SO has anyone watched the commentaries? I havent.
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 05:47
I watched actor's commentary on the first half of FotR. My thoughts: Orlando is the sentimental one, Ian M. and Christopher mostly talk about how the scenes were filmed and the actual making of the movie and stuff, Liv and Sean B. talk mostly about their own roles and parts, and the hobbits talk about a whole bunch of stuff are really funny. Anyway those were the impressions I got...
ChefArwen94
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 04:24
I've never seen the commentaries, but I'd love to...I've read a lot about the actors though and gained about the same impressions as you, West, especially about Orli and the hobbits
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 05:45
ya, one time i was about to watch them, and i figured out Viggo wasnt in them. Then i didnt.

I wonder why Viggo didnt do them? Maybe he was like, "Nah, I'm outta here!"
EstelwenJesusFreak
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 12:55
Ok yeah totally love the commentaries!! Westofthemoon, i got the same thought!! Orli was all "Oh hes the best actor Ive ever worked with" about ALL the actors!! It was funny but boring, the hobbits were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!! Tig!! lol LOVE IT!
oiotari
Alcarinquë of Varda
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 03:40
I jsut watched a bit of the commentaries a few days ago, I really liked it, but I only had enough time to watch a bit
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 05:09
I dont know if i could watch them...i think it would drive me insane watching the movie and having people talk thru it...you know how i am with people talking thru LOTR....
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 05:20
Actually, it's not as bad as you would think. And you can still sort of hear the movie in the background.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2009 06:56
*walks through the room whistling* I'm the one who talks during the movie. *strolls out*

Yes, indeed, I'm still kicking. I've just been busy with the other million sites I'm on, two of which I have administrative powers on.
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2009 05:33
Yeah, I get busy with other sites too sometimes. Or homework. This weekend for art class I hafta color 3 pictures of Frodo, which take about an hour or more each and I drew them way too detailed.

[Edited on 3/7/2009 by WestoftheMoon58]
oiotari
Alcarinquë of Varda
Send Message
on: March 09, 2009 10:53
that sounds like something I would do, the too much detail thing. My parents give me a lot of crap about making things into bigger projects than they need to be
just think of how awesome the drawings will be once they're finished
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 09, 2009 11:10
that's one ting i cant seem to get is enough detail. i'm terrible at shading.

you'll have to upload them to the site when your finished.
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2009 11:55
Yeah, shading can be hard. It's easier when you use those fancy shading pencils you can get at art stores.

My parents give me a lot of crap about making things into bigger projects than they need to be

Lol. So do mine. I'm a perfectionist though so if something's not just right it bugs me to death.

I would upload them if we had a scanner... Maybe they have one at the library or something.
Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2009 04:39
Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted here in a while. My internet is always screwing up. We had like one rainshower and the internet was on and off for a week.
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2009 03:02
That's a bummer. I hate when the internet does stuff like that. Ours just randomly stops working sometimes, particularly when you're right in the middle of doing something important.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 10, 2009 03:17
ya me too.

Glad you could come back Pip!

mine doesnt work in storms. :/
oiotari
Alcarinquë of Varda
Send Message
on: March 20, 2009 04:13
so apparently i'm the valedictorian of our class (not "officially," but my principal said she was pretty sure)
when she told me I was , but then I remembered that means I have to give a speech :nono:
ahh, well the good definately outways the bad, but i still don't like giving speeches, or writing them for that matter

:disco: :disco:
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 20, 2009 04:23
ok, here's your speech:

"My dear friends and students, good teachers and bad teachers, principles, subs, and the like.

Today is my graduation day!

Alas, a whole year is far too short a time to live among such excellent and admirable students. I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

I, uh, I h-have things to do. I’ve put this off for far too long. I regret to announce this is the end. I am going now. I bid you all a very fond farewell. Goodbye!"

Then you walk off the stage.

Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2009 04:50
^ XD Eruce, this is like the second time you've made me laugh this week. XD One of these days your probably going to make me fall out of my seat. (I really have done that.)

People tell me I find joy in the smallest things. :disco:
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2009 03:14
People tell me I find joy in the smallest things.

That's a very good thing!

That made me laugh, too! I have been sick and crabby the last couple days and then tonight I got on CoE and everything is making me laugh. Lol! :rolling:
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 21, 2009 03:24
glad i could make yall laugh....weird, sometimes i make myself even laugh! :rolling:
oiotari
Alcarinquë of Varda
Send Message
on: March 22, 2009 04:16
very nice :rolling:
unfortunately i'm not sure how well that would go over, it would be really amusing, at least to the portion of the class that would have any idea what I was talking about
and quite short, that's a plus, although i can picture myself explaining the speech many many times to the Tolkien-deprived students

on a completely different note, has anyone seen 2001: A Space Odyssey
my family was just watching it and we have no idea what it is supposed to mean
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2009 04:50
I've never seen that one. I've seen movies like that, though, where you watch them and then you're like, "What in the world was the point of that?"
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 24, 2009 05:30
i've seen it once...but i dont remember it.

ya some movies are just kinda dumb, or no plot....like Napolean Dynamite... :angry: i hated that movie....
Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2009 09:34
I never did see Napolean Dynamite. I guess it didn't really appeal to my likes. I'll stick with Lord of the Rings and Pixar movies as my faves.
oiotari
Alcarinquë of Varda
Send Message
on: March 25, 2009 12:03
yeah, my mom tried to get me (and the rest of my family) to watch Napolean Dynamite, but i don't even think i got through a half-hour before i couldn't stand it any longer and left, i can't remember how my dad and brother fared. NO PLOT! i totally agree

my parents thought they remembered 2001 as being really good, it's supposed to be a classic and all that, but it was the slowest paced movie ever and the ending didn't make sense
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2009 12:59
My dad had us see Napolean Dynamite. I guess I didn't mind it while I was watching it, but thinking back it was probably a waste of two hours of my life.
HaldirofLorien13
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2009 11:26
I've never seen it, but I have heard mixed reviews about it.

Anyone ever seen the Core?
It's a goofy science fiction movie, but if you're a nerd like me, you enjoy that sort of stuff.
oiotari
Alcarinquë of Varda
Send Message
on: April 10, 2009 03:49
can't say i've heard of that one, Haldir
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: April 12, 2009 10:01
I've never heard of it Haldir. Sorry.

Happy Easter! Today (is telling this all over the board) I did my hair elven style for Easter! Oh yes i'm a nut! here's a pic: http://www.flickr.com/photos/36338324@N07/3435680700/in/photostream?edited=1

[Edited on 4/12/2009 by Erucenindë]
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2009 12:48
I've never heard of that movie either. A lot of times we watch these "ancient" black and white comedy movies from when my parents were younger (Laurel & Hardy, Marx Brothers, Harold Lloyd, stuff like that).

I love your hair, Eru.
<< First7891011Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email