Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1617181920Last >>
Author Topic:
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Show-off!

What was the Orc at the bottom of the stairs thinking, towards whom Legolas was sliding down the stairs on the shield?
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
He's cool... oh no he's gonna kill me!

What were the elves thinking when they saw Legolas on the shield?
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Those Mirkwood Elves are strange!

What did the Mûmak in the movie version of the Battle of the Pelennor Fields think about Legolas's antics at the time?
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
That is one awesome elf!

What was Sam really thinking when he packed the seasoned salt?

"I am burdened with glorious purpose"

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Games Moderator, and Chief Corrupted Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
He was hoping to run into some Giant Wurms Snails and he wanted to be prepared for them.

Why were Merry and Pippin hunting for mushrooms?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
They found it much more relaxing to "hunt" for inanimate Olvar.

Why did Gandalf take Pippin with him to Minas Tirith?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Well, after the 'mishap' with bucket, and the 'incident' with the Palantír, he thought he would stay out of trouble if he kept him close ...... wrongly as it turned out.

Why did Legolas leave the comforts of his Father's palace?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Thranduil, his dad, told him to look for a Dúnedain named "Strider" at the end of BoFA. The not-yet-so-named "Strider" was only 10 years old in 2941, and later became a very wide-ranging Ranger. So when Legolas finally arrived in Imladris in time to become one of the nine companions of The Fellowship in 3018, he had been searching for "Strider" for 77 years - not really a long time by Elf standards, but I would guess that Legolas was still relieved (and perhaps war a wee bit grumpy about the quest dad had sent him on).

Why, in contrast to Legolas being the sole woodland Elf present at the Council of Elrond, were the Dwarves represented by two emissaries - Gloin and his son Gimli?
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
Hey Gando, I have a fanfic explaining that!

It was because Legolas was "I can do it" that Thranduil hated to torture his normal emissaries by making them accompany the prince.

Why do pugs live in Laketown?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
wolfbladequeen
Council Member
Send Message
Because they love the smell of dragonfire, and so want to be as near to the Lonely Mountain as possible without becoming appetisers.

Why it is really called the 'Lonely' Mountain?

I Survived the Bridge of Khazad-Dum!
If anyone had happened to look out of a window on the east side of the palace, they might have noticed two figures in the darkness, dancing in a square bordered by living plants, out of time with the dancers inside but perfectly in time with each other.
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Because a lot of people live there

PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Question?? I just reply to the last one.

Well all the other mountains had friends but on creation day (when the music of the Ainur made the world), they had a mountain newcomers meet and greet. The Lonely Mountain missed the event so no one talked to him because they didn't know him. He wasn't even accepted into the social groups, such as the racist "White" mountain group, or the mountains that thought they were (and I quote) "well 'ard" and called themselves the iron mountains.
Yes the lonely mountain was quite all alone.

How did the greatest of the Elves not realise that Annatar was a slightly dodgy ring salesman?
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
They loved his ads so they ignored his dodgyness...

Why are there only Three Elven Rings?
Image "Every good pirate has an alias" Felix glanced down, looking at contraption around the stump of his wrist. "Hook," he answered. "My name will be Hook."
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
The smiths realised that making rings wasn't as great as Annatar made out, and kind of just couldn't be bothered.

Why was Narvi such good friends with Celebrimbor?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
He was hoping to get one of the seven Rings made for the Dwarves.

Why did Sauron have to forge the One Ring all by himself in Orodruin?
Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Celebrimbor and the Elves went on a celebratory drinking spree after completing the Dwarf and Elf rings and were too hung-over to be trusted with it.

Why did Círdan give his ring to Gandalf?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Cirdan realized that just using it to heat up water for tea might not be quite what his ring was meant for.

Why was Sméagol not able to find the One Ring by himself, as Déagol did?
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Haha, very good

To be honest the ring didn't want him, in that respect the ring is quite normal.

Why did the Dead Men of Dunharrow want to be released from being dead?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Obviously, Dead Men of Dunharrow was a misconception of the Rohirrim. They were, what much later Ages realized much more easily, undead (what Sir Christopher Lee RIP portrayed better than anyone except Bela Lugosi).
So as became clear, they wanted to get out of their limbo status and finally leave those clammy caves.

Why did Bilbo really hand over the One Ring to Frodo (not personally, as the Red Book states, but via an envelope)?

[Edited on 06/15/2015 by Gandolorin]
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Because the ring had started calling him 'Bilbo the Bonka' so he got rid of the creepy ring.

Why did Arwen REALLY save Frodo?

PSK
Council Member
Send Message
I would like to point out that she didn't. It was Glorfindel, but if we are talking about the film and for the purposes of this game...) she wanted to show her father that she was just as good as her brothers who always got to go out and fight and save people. It was the same reason she almost went to Helm's deep. (Thank god PJ didn't do that...)

Why did Radagast become so different to the other wizards in terms of his solitary nature, and his overly strong love of animals?
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Radagast was actually sent to Middle Earth by the Valar to keep tabs on what the other four wizards were up to. He did loose contact with the two blue wizards who went east, but the animals taught him how to camouflage himself when snooping on Gandalf and Saruman. Thus he was extremely grateful for their helpful tips.

Why did Gandalf (twice, in the two trilogies!) capture a (slow!) butterfly to be his messenger?
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Because it was the only creature that work for the stinky wizzard.

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Since flyingarrow forgot to post a new question, I will answer Gando's as well.

Because he had a fondness for bugs.

What possessed Gimli to ride in a boat with Legolas?

"I stole Legolas' hairbrush."
Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Gimli was simply not paying attention to such irrelevancies, as he was still totally gaga about having received three locks of Galadriel's hair.

What possessed Gimli to ride on a horse with Legolas?
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
He actually liked having Legolas' hair in his face, because then he could chew on it, thus making the elf mad.

Why did Elrond ride all the way from Rivendell himself, just to give Aragorn a sword?

Gandolorin
Council Member
Send Message
Arwen volunteered to be the messenger, but Elrond was at that time still having none of that!

Why did Aragorn really take the Paths of the Dead from Dunharrow?
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Because he was really a professional ghost hunter.

In ROTK EE, why was Eowyn sleeping in the dining hall?

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Well, when she carried the heavy pot of stew out for dinner, she threw out her back and found sleeping on a bench in the hall helped ease her discomfort.

Why did Aragorn think Gimli could keep up with Legolas and himself when he decided to go after Merry and Pippin?

[Edited on 06/26/2015 by Evil~Shieldmaiden]
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
He thought he saw Gimli flying in a jetpack the other day.

Why did Haldir REALLY die?

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
Cuz Legolas' shield and stairs trick made him deathly ill.

Why did Galadriel really decide to leave Valinor?

flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
because everyone she met became spellbound, so she left.

Why did Sauron show Aragorn Arwen in the palantir?

Cenor
Council Member
Send Message
He knew that Aragorn had left his computer in Moria so that he couldn't Skype with Arwen, so he decided to be nice and give him a picture for the road.

Why does Fili get ignored when he dies?
flyingarrow
Council Member
Send Message
Because he was such a prankster, everyone was glad to be rid of him.

Why did Thranduil have an elk, while everyone else has horses?

Evil~Shieldmaiden
Send Message
It was the only creature he could find large enough to carry him into battle after the giant spiders frightened off all of the horses.

Why did Dain II choose a battle pig instead of a goat?
<< First1617181920Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email