<< First910111213Last >>
Author Topic:
wolven
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Things that bug me... Mistakes of FotR
on: February 21, 2003 08:45
Things that bugged moi...

* The whole Rivendell balcony-thing. One other part I spotted was where Frodo sees Bilbo holding his book, and he's sitting on this bench thing, then he runs up to greet him and Bilbo gets off the bench quite easily... o_O

* Though, I can accept him being replaced, I do miss him, Glorfindel.

* Gildor Inglorion of the House of Finrod! I missed the whole "Courage is found in unlikely places" and everything. Wah... :cry: However, I am glad that in the FOTR:SE that they show some elves passing to the Grey Havens. Anyway, lets just hope for ROTK, maybe Gildor has an appearance... :love:

* Merry's riddle-solving. *stated previously in other replies*

* When Arwen dismounts, you can see that it's her riding-double Jane.. something.

Well, I think that's all, everyone else pretty much has what I had in mind.
Figwit
Book Club Moderator & Misty Mountain Monster
Send Message
on: February 22, 2003 11:04
for once and for all - freeze frame analyzed: THERE IS NO STICKER ON PIP'S APPLE

on mistake down, 999 to go
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2003 02:07
the only thing in BOTH movies that i don't like is in the Fellowship of the Ring when the Fellowship is just reaching Moria and Gandalf says to Frodo to come and help an old man; Gandalf's beard is almost black. and in all the other parts of the movie it is grey/white. that really bugs me.
okay ------bai bai

[Edited on 24/2/2003 by Ringhilwen]
shi_chan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2003 09:06
only one thing bothers me in FOTR. And that is ...

U know that part when arwen and frodo were riding on asafaloth (is dat da rite spelling) and running away from the nazguls? Yah well, they're black riders rite? so shouldn't black riders = black horses? well, if u watch closely,one of the horses were BROWN! And it was drooling!!! A nazgul's horse was DROOLING??!!! hello??! nazguls pursue day and night. their horses are cursed and all - they SHOULD NOT BE DROOLING! and it was not just any drool - it was foamy type of drool ...

It bugged me really .. *shrug*
nuquernaeldawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2003 07:00
what really bugs me is that when boromir is fighting the orcs in the special edition of the fotr merry and pippin are throwing stones at the orcs and the orcs die instantly. it just doesnt seem natural. and whats this about a car. i didnt see any car
CarolP
SuperMom hobbit
Send Message
on: March 02, 2003 12:12
The biggest thing that bugs me is Arwen and Frodo's ride, and when he slides off the horse. She holds him and cries. My son asked if Frodo was dead during that part. I just don't like the Arwen thing. The car doesn't look like a car, it looks like smoke coming from a car
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2003 04:06
As for the horses drooling foam, that's perfectly normal, especially if the person (or witch, lol) who is riding has a rough hand and is constantly pulling on the horses mouth with the bridle.

Things that bother me, most have already been said.

Legolas jumping off the cave troll, he looked like a dang ballerina

I would have loved to see Frodo ride Asfaloth hiimself, Arwen in general is annoying although I wouldn't realize it if I hadn't read the books.

Also would have liked more lines from Merry, Pippin, Legolas and Gimli.

On Cahadras, Aragorn is yelling, I think the whole "That takes us to close to Isengard" thing, he is holding one of the hobbits, and for a split second you can see it's not Wood, Astin, Boyd or Monaghan, it's a child.

I must be weird, some of the scenes you seem to hate are my favorite. The Fellowship crossing the bridge of Khazhad Dum, gorgeous.

Legolas' hissy fit at the council. I think it's hilarious, just the looks on his face..LOL

Frodo's dance, yes, looks silly but it's one of the few times we get to see him happy.

I'll be quiet now
~frody~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2003 04:31
what bugged me was legolas when boramir dies, he is just like sympathatic but he should be empathetic. just standing there and not doing much.
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2003 04:20
Ok, I should not post things at night. I forget too much.

More things that bug me

This one is big, the Ring and chain, or lack of it. One minute it's on a chain around Frodo's neck, then it's in his hand with no chain. No wonder it took so long to get to Mordor, if he kept stringing and unstringing the Ring

Legolas just did not get good lines. The sword is glowing, you hear distant screeching, everyone has swords drawn, and you see this light go off in his head "Orcs!" Thanks Mr. Obvious lol. Also would have liked to see his "Ai! Ai! A balrog has come" line.

I hadn't read the books when I first saw the movie, so I couldn't figure out why a human/hobbit hand was shown pulling the Ring out of the river, and then it goes to a shot of Gollum.

Aragorn when they come out of Moria. In the book, it said that they sat down and wept for a long time. In the movie, Aragorn seems very cold and uncaring, making them immediately press on.
waenlotien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2003 02:19
What I didn't like about _FotR_? Hmm, where do I start?
1. Arwen (uugggg) pu-lease grrrrrr
2. The absence of Gil-Galad (but hey Arwen stole his horse thats why)
3. I missed TB and Goldberry
4. I didn't like the cave troll in Moria, the sun hit him through the crack, why didn't her turn to stone?
5. Gimli's fake crying in Moria (howling was more like it)
6. Oh, back to the cave troll, just looked to faking when Leggy did his swan princess dive off of it.
7. How everytime Frodo gets stabbed, he just looks constipated to me. I am a nursing assistnat and have never seen a patient who was stabbed, looked like he had to go poo LOL
8. The whole arwen/frodo ride against the nazgul thing. they close their not their close again, they're not. sheeesh make up your minds.
9. PJ burping his carrot in Bree.
10. The proportions at rivendel, it the railing were that high for the hobbits, then they should have been about knee high for the mena dn elves?? right?
11. Gollum following them, Gandalf told Frod when they were in Moria that Gollum had been following them for 3 days. Later you hear Aragorn tell Boromir that Gollum has been following them since Moria. hmm, not the signs of a good ranger to me.
12. Not enough Haldir hehehe
13. Merry farting cause he ate 4 lembas.
14. seeing a dead urak-hai head lift up when Aragorn ran to Boromir after killing the "meanest" urak-hai.
15. Galadriel's whole, i am "beautiful as the dawn" freak out LOL

last but not least:
16. When Gandalf used cheap trick magic to tell Bilbo , he wasn't conjuring up tricks to trick him out oif the ring. LOL made alot of sence there LOL
I saw someone saw something about Gandalf "letting" himself die. He didn't let himslef die, he had a greater purpose.
ShyHobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2003 06:42
Ahh yes the carrot...that was disgusting! :dizzy:

And what about Pippin's skeleton in Moria? If it was dead then why was it sitting up all straight and pretty?

Maybe the director's underestimated just how popular the film would become, not expecting rabid fans to go out and buy it, then watch it numerous times untill we've picked it to bits. I didn't start noticing this stuff until I'd seen the film a few times.
Areleniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2003 09:22
Here's the things that bug me every time I see it (and I apologize if they have been said already):

-In Boromir's death scene, every time the camera rotates from looking at Boromir, then up at Aragorn, and back and forth like that, Boromir's hand is in a different place. Sometimes it's on Aragorn's shoulder, but then the camera switches, and his hand is no longer on Aragorn's shoulder. That drives me positively nuts I think more than anything else.

-I admit I'm not find of Arwen in the movie to begin with, actually I have no real problems with her larger role really, I just think there could have been a better choice of who portrayed her, but there is one scene with her that completely annoys me. When Aragorn is looking for athelas to help Frodo's Nazgul wound and she sneaks up on him putting her sword to his throat saying, "What's this, a ranger caught off his guard?" I find that to be stupid and pointless and I would have no idea why she would do that. The very first time I saw the movie I was completely confused there as well especially with the next scene being her trying to help Frodo where two seconds ago she was ready to slit Aragorn's throat. It became even more confusing learning these two are in love with each other. To this day I still don't understand what the whole point of that was.

-Another is when Aragorn tells Legolas and Gimli, "Let's hunt some orc" and runs off, Gimli is all excited, "Yeahhh!" and looks at Legolas, and the annoying part for me is Legolas just looks kind of stone-faced there before running off himself.

-How Legolas points out EVERYTHING. "Goblins!" "Orcs!" "Crebain from Dunland!" Not to mention elves are supposed to have far-seeing eye sight, but Legolas didn't mention about the Crebain 'til pretty much everyone could see them anyway.

Those are probably my biggest annoyances of the movie, I recognize other editing mistakes in them as well, but these are the biggest. Whatever the case though the movie is still awesome and I will always love it.
Elbereth339
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2003 10:10
did anyone else notice that
1) before they get into Moria when one of the hobbits is throwing rocks into the lake first its merry and then it zooms out and aragorn grabs pippins arm!!!!!?????
2)pretty much the same thing, during the cavetroll scene after frodo gets stabbed and merry and pipping are on cavetrolls back the cave troll grabs Merry and throws him, but pipping hits the ground, and merrys still on top of him, then the cavetroll dies and PIPPIN gets thrown to the ground, pipping hit the ground TWICE!!!
gollum/smeagol
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2003 11:44
Ok heres wut bugs me about FotR
-When the black riders are chasing Arwen into the river they just stop and wait for the flood to come - like whats up with dat? :dizzy:

-When Legolas jumps off the cave troll - LIKE COME ON!!!!!!! :angry:
Celebnaur
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2003 02:56
Want to know what really bugs me?

It all starts with a A.

Yes, this A---- evolves into Arwen.

Who ever decided that they were allowed to have Arwen ride up on a big ol' horse and then rush back off to Rivendell? Was it not actually Glorfindel that intercepted the Hobbits and Aragorn? And was it not explicitly his HORSE that bore Frodo across the River? I think that there is a definate overstatement of Arwen's role in the movie. IF we refer back to the text(oh God!) we can see that Arwen got about 10 lines total, and these were her singing and a description of her fine body. If it is permissible for such a flagrant violation of the book to be taken without retrubution, then yall's can go join Morgoth / Melkor (whatever you what to call a funked up Valar) in the seas of void outside the world.
Quill
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2003 09:17
I'm sure it's already been mentioned but, in the scene in the Prancing Pony, after Pip goes off to get himself a pint, Frodo stops Butterbur and asks him about Strider--and there is Pip still sitting across from Frodo.

A minor thing, but it bugs me every time...
Walkers_Shade
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2003 07:28
First off let's all agree on a few thing. Hobbits are shorter than Dwarves, Elves are about the same height as Men and that Hobbits are shorter than both.

Ok now then, when Frodo wakes up in Rivendell after talking with Gandalf and Elrond he goes outside. Now you can see plain as day that Frodo leans on a railing. That railing is made for Elves and Hobbits are shorter than Elves. And if you don't believe that that Hobbits are shorter just watch when the Fellowship is standing together at the Council. You can see Frodo, Sam, Pip and Merry all their and they are all shorter than anybody!
Steorra
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2003 05:51
Beware...LONG POST!!!

I own FOTR: VHS and FOTR: Extended DVD and have watched it AT LEAST 60 times. Naturally, I've spotted several mistakes, some of them very irksome.

-Frodo's Eye Color: They were blue/green, back and forth sometimes. Same with Legolas--sometimes they were blue, sometimes brown.
-Pronunciation: Saruman pronouced Gandalf's name as "Gundolf", while everyone else pronounced it "Gaandolf" or sometimes (in Frodo's case) "Gaandaalf". Which is right???
-Fake Crying: Gimli's fake crying didn't bug me as much as BILBO'S fake crying. I mean, COME ON!!!
-At the ford where one of the wraiths goes "Give up the halfling, she-elf", he sounds too much like Gollum.
-Everyone at Bilbo's B-Day party danced like chickens (even Gandalf), which wasn't irksome, it was funny
-Galadriel's ears were unlike the Rivendell/Mirkwood elves'--they were more hobbit-like, which was a bit annoying
-From the shot where the Fellowship had to jump the broken staircase, "Sam" was obviously the little person double without the face mask
-They made the "Legolas jumping on troll's head" too digital. Same with the horse trick in TTT. Come on, if you're gonna make the hot elf do cool stunts, at least make them realistic

Other random things:

-Elrond seemed too...evil. He was sort of dark and creepy, I thought.
-Arwen. Is. An. AIRHEAD!!!
-Galadriel doesn't seem like other elves. She's too...subtle. To slow-talking, too mysterious. I know she's supposed to be that way, but all the other elves seemed more "down to earth".
-Celeborn had no emotion whatsoever in his dialogue. I mean, it's like watching Star Wars Episode One. They talk like robots.
-OK, did anyone notice that the orcs' archery skills SUCKED? Either they had to make Legolas seem like "super-archer" or when the elves were turned into orcs their archery skills greatly deteriorated. Don't get me wrong; I LOVE Legolas and his awesome archery skills, but please, the orcs just sucked...with the exception of Lurtz, but Boromir was just standing there less than 100 feet away...
-Frodo was a total wimp in the movie. He was a lot braver in the book. No offense to Frodo-lovers.
-There was something somewhere saying that Arwen messed up one line of Elvish. Can anyone confirm that?

Um...I think that's it for now. Watch--I'll be back later.

-Steorra

[Edited on 25/3/2003 by Steorra]
Lord_Of_Moria
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2003 02:27
the thing that pisses me off the most is that grey hair streak that aragorn hasat the council, it is just there. also arwen, she is appendix material, nothing more. also when sarumon is desending from orthanc, he looks wierd, really wierd. then, of course, there is the "video game" scene when legolas fights the cave troll. watch it, you will know what I mean. he looks like he is in a video game. also when celeborn talked. then haldir came into the movie, I was like alright thats cool. but when he maid his apperance in the second movie, boy was I pissed off:angry::angry:. y did they have to bring the elves in, sorry this is a little off topic.
Vanayavie
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2003 01:16
Suilad!

One thing that really bugs me is that she-elf is translated to fairy in Sweden...
Elf=alv
Fairy=älva

I mean they sound almost the same here in Sweden, but if you are Swedish... Yeah, I don't know....
:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:
Nienna_Calmcacil
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2003 07:46
When Frodo and Sam were walking through the corn fields, a car went past in the background! Hmm, suspicious? I think so!
Oh, and no way near enough Legolas in that FotR. Tut, tut. :cry: :love:
Celebrimor
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2003 08:48
I also have a few things that i thought were so cheap in the movie. Y et before I say that I would like to say that it was a good movie no matter what, the best i've ever seen. K here we go
The Fellowship of the Ring: (Ex. editon included)

1. I thought concerning hobbits was kind of a dis on hobbits. I mean could you make them look any more mentally challenged!

2. And that thing with Bilbo's absessive compulsive disorder with finding his ring. He wasn't that entriced or he would have never given it up.

3. You can so tell that the stunt double was used when Frodo and Gandalf embraced in the cart. No offense, but the stunt double is stockier, to put it politely.

4. Then the Firework thing, Merry and Pippin have to wash dishes for stealing, destroying property, causing disturbance, and almost burning many hungry hobbits hair off. And to think any stray spark shot over Bywater after exploding could have started a House fire. And I do realize that washing hobbit dishes is a formidable challenge but cmon, really.

5. Really, it takes him 17 years to research the scrolls in Minas Tirith. That is how the book expressed it. i know we had time troubles, but their could have been some time lapse.

6. At this point in the movie it gets really weird, i mean what was Gandalf afraid of when he went back to Bagend. He didn't know that the Dark Lord was in move yet, so what was he afraid of. Small squirrels that steal rings and then take it hundreds of leagues to Mordor to nest upon Barad-dur?

7. Yes the car thing bug me, but not really that much.

8. Sam pausing to leave the Shire was a time waster.

9. The Exiled Elves leaving for Mithlond was overdoing it. They looked the same as when Frodo was being corrupted as Arwen came ( another issue). Was he overtaken by Dark Thoughts in the borders of the Shire?

10. Then when they met Merry and Pippin I thought it was a good way of tieing Farmer Maggot and Them ariiving into a faster clip but them falling off the cliff was a bit much. You could tell that is was placement. I mean it went Pippin, Frodo, Merry, then Sam. So they should fall in almost that order right. No. It ended up with Pippin on bottom with his legs on Merry's. Then Sam draped across his back with Frodo on top. How did Frodo get to the top?

11. This is actually a half and half comment. People who know the jist of the Nazgul will get the bugs leaving the scene when they show up but many people would just think it's weird and they did.

12. Then they meet the Black Rider in the Woods? His sword would have easily reached he hobbits but I guess he was to confused to use it.

13. I thought most of Bree was good and there afterwards but one thing. If they had hobbit rooms with it partially underground, why did Aragorn push Frodo up a stair to get to his room.

14. I found it kind of appalling when in the Midgewater Marshes when Aragorn showed up with a very fake looking deer. I know hes' a hunter but eew.

15. Then there is the whole Amon Sul thing. How stupid do the hobbits have to be. Start a fire on a hill surronded by enimies. I know that a stomach is the ruling power of a hobbit but bad call there hobbits.

16. And throwing a torch to their face, i thought it was really cool, but lots of my friends thought it was barbaric.

17. And I do agree that the railing and suchlike were hobbit sized which is wrong but could it be possible that in the 17 years that Bilbo was there they felt gracious enough to add him a whole wing of builing? Or no. You decide.

18. Then the councl of Elrond. I considered this one of the good clips. Not much wrong, wonderful preformance by the extras. But Gimli was totally out of line. Dissing elves in itself is a crime but in the Eldest of Elven Sanctuaries. I cannot think that Gimli is that challenged.

19. The gravesite scene was beautifully done. Bravo!

20. In eregion when the crabeyen come, Where is Bill hiding? Did he become invisible, steal the Rings perhaps? Or was he hiding under the rocks also?

21. the Whole Scene with Boromir and the Ring on Caradhras was BIGGO WASTE OF TIME!

22. The Storm brewing wascheap. Carahras was an ancient demon, it didn't need the help of Saruman.

End of the First Tape of The Extended Version
More to come soon!
By:Celebrimor, son of Celebrimbor
Email me at: [email protected] for insights!

Thanks Council of Elrond
Rebecca_C
CoE Volunteer & Weeper of Nienna
Send Message
on: April 04, 2003 02:16
I can't see the car that everybody makes a fuss about. Where is it? Where is that bit where Galadriel gives the Fellowship their gifts- it is essential in the next two movies! Sorry to be so negative but if I started listing the good points of the first film I would be here all day!
Steorra
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2003 04:56
I can't see the car that everybody makes a fuss about. Where is it? Where is that bit where Galadriel gives the Fellowship their gifts- it is essential in the next two movies!

Somebody said that the car part was taken out of the DVD release (because I can't find it, either), and the gift-giving is featured in the Extended Edition. Although...they didn't give Boromir his gold belt! I just realized that!

-Steorra
Edhelwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2003 01:25
Did you see any glithces in the film?

If so post them here.

Here are some i have come across:

Look at the faces of Boromir, Legolas and Merry after they leave Moria and get outside. They have dirt on their faces in a particular pattern. Then they make their way to Lothlorien and get cleaned up. But in the final scene, the dirt returns in exactly the same places.

At the end, when Aragorn leans over to kiss Boromir's forehead, watch Boromir. When Aragorn's hair touches his face, Boromir closes his eyes tight.

When Gimli falls onto his knees in front of Balin's Tomb in Moria, in one shot he's a few feet in front of it, in the next he is so close to it, that he could lay his head onto the tomb. In the following scene Gimli is further away again, so he should not have been able to reach it with his head.

When Gandalf first visits Bilbo in Bag End they sit at a long table that is positioned lengthways from the camera. Bilbo potters about at the far end of the table and Gandalf goes to the left at the end closest to the camera. As he sits down the near half of the table wobbles but the far half does not. This seems to expose the fact that the table is actually in two parts, a small sized piece of table close to the camera next to which Gandalf looks large, and a normal sized piece of table a bit further away that looks the right size for Bilbo. The two pieces are filmed from such a perspective that they look like they join together in one long table and the fact that there is really a gap between them so that Bilbo is further away than it seems, makes him seem small compared to Gandalf. There is a round of cheese and various pieces of crockery on the near piece of table to disguise the gap.

In Boromir's death scene, when Aragorn puts the sword into Boromir's hand, Aragorn's finger with the ring on is covered in blood. When we see his hands on Boromir's chest a second later, the blood has vanished.

In Moria when Frodo is hiding around the column from the cave troll, Frodo slides back to where he thinks the cave troll isn't, and breathes a sigh of relief. However, Merry and Pippin are directly to his right, looking at the spot where the cave troll pops out of and surprises Frodo. Don't you think they would have warned him?

During the scene when Gandalf is reading about the ring there are candles burning to the left of him. When he starts reading the first page the candles are barely melted, but by the time he has finished that one page, they are almost burned out.

When Frodo stops rolling down the snow covered hill, just before the shot of Boromir picking up the ring, you can see the edge of the stockings that the actors wore to protect their feet since there were walking in real snow for that scene.

Towards the end of the movie, where Frodo is collecting wood and he has the fight with Boromir, he puts the ring on his finger, somehow it went from the chain he had it on to his finger without any problems. the next time he has the ring is when he takes it off (no chain) and offers it to Strider (no chain) when he is down by the river, he has it on the chain in his hand.

When the hobbits are sitting at the table in the Prancing Pony in Bree, Merry comes back with a pint. Pippin leaves to get one too. Then we see Sam mention to Frodo that a man is looking at them, across the table sits Pippin and no Merry.

When Arwen enters the water after being chased by the Ringwraiths, as she turns the horse, you can clearly see the fake hobbit, bounce up and down like a rubber band.

Most of the time the hobbits are barefoot, but when Frodo and Sam are first walking through the fields, Frodo's leg come above long-grass level and his shoe is clearly visible.

Before the passage of Carhadras, Boromir is fencing with Merry and Pippin. When they tackle him you can see Merry's face and it's obviously a dwarf stand-in for the actor.

When Aragorn sets the last Ringwraith on fire you can CLEARLY see the stuntman's breathing tube as the wraith turns from side to side.

A pictoral cameo: The two portraits in oval frames hanging above the fireplace in Bag End are of Peter Jackson and Phillipa Boyens.

I found these and more on theonering.net, and these are the ones i have noticed myself.. have any of you lot anymore to add?
ElvenKing_32
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2003 02:52
ElvenKing Thranduil

Arwen Undomiel did mispronounce at least two Elvish sentences.

1. At the Fords of Bruinen. When she was saying Aiya elenion ancalima she tripped twice and said Aryia Earendil elenion ancalimal.

2. Treating Frodo in her first appearence: she was supposed to say Altarie, but she said Altarinion.

That's as far as I know. I only saw the movies twice, but I've been a book freak since years before.

Considering what could have happened, Peter Jackson has done a wonder in making these movies so close to the books.
That's not to say that he couldn't have done a better job, especially in that part where Faramir wanted the Ring. Not at all loyal to the book, and it would've been shorter to do it.

Anyway. I have a whole ton to say about the books, the movie, everything, and I just found this site, so...

Watch out, Sauron.
Galarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2003 09:27
ElvenKing_32:
you´re totally right bout faramir.
and i 2. sorta didn´t like the way jackson interpreted faramir in ttt...he was so...nasty
3) what happened to GONDOR?! i had imagined it looking totally different!!! it was so..how to say?...very unimpressing!!
you can see it in FotR when Gandalf is visiting the library of minas tirith and it looks wonderful you wanna say (or at least i wanted to) "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw......sooo beautiful!"
but when sam and frodo are there...ok, ok i know it´s being sorta bombarded right then but..hey guys!
and where´s the spider??? (god, know i forgot it´s name...something with a?) well, i was 100% sure it was going to turn up, but NOPE
but one thing i really LOVED was gollum. i thought he was BRILLIANT!!! thanks, pete!!!
Galarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2003 09:31
awk...one thing that really BUGGED me in FotR was where frodo is standing on a balcony in Rivendell and he´s the SAME hight as the balcony. wouldn´t you think the balconys in rivendell were made for ELVES, not HOBBITS?!:cry::angry:
Valandil_Calafalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2003 04:46
It's a little thing and it's stupid, but what really bugged me was that Sam onle received the rope when he should have got the plant as well(he's a keen gardener damn it).
Cate
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2003 05:07
This is from the extended version:

The part where Galadriel says, "I do not deny that my heart has greatly desired this..." just before she has her 'green stage'. Notice that she lifts her right hand to reach out for the ring.

Later, when Galadriel says "This is Nenya...", she lifts her right hand again to reveal the elven ring of power -----

WHY WASN'T IT THERE BEFORE??? It bugs me that it wasn't there, and then suddenly, boom, there it is...
Veaglarwen
Tech Admin & Co-Themer
Send Message
on: April 24, 2003 09:15
Well, i cant' answer all of your questions, but i can answer the one about the orcs traveling by day. Saruman bred a special set of orcs that could travel by day. I believe Aragorn was refering to the pure orcs and goblines they had just faced in Moria when he mentioned the hills wold be swarming with orcs.
salogelfaelneerg
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2003 03:11
Just a quickie o say that i have never noticed the car in the background when Sam and Frodo leave the shire, must watch the movie again to try a spot it!!! It such hard work!
Rebecca_C
CoE Volunteer & Weeper of Nienna
Send Message
on: May 07, 2003 12:14
Did anybody notice that when frodo shows his mithril shirt it has a t-shirt hidden underneath? And the black rider the hobbits hide from near the beginning walks out from inside a tree!
Adidas_chica_2323
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 06:38
I'd definitely have to agree with the Celeborn thing....my goodness...I was wondering for a sec if I was watching the movie A.I. It's like, yes we know your a higher being, but common, you still have a emotions, or did you forget to put in your chip this morning? Geesh!
TheBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2003 02:49
The way the time thing was handled irks me more than anything that anyone has raised. The movie really needed to explain the 17 year gap between Bilbo and Frodo leaving. It is especially evident when Frodo meets Bilbo in Rivendell and Bilbo has aged so much in such an apparent short space of time.

The way they covered the time, with Gandalf riding off to Minas Tirith and drinking coffee/tea (anyone know what he was drinking - could have been scotch!) whilst looking for the Isildur info was flimsy. I mean did he do this for 17 years?? Not likely!
<< First910111213Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email