Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
HO|3|3|7_F@NC|ER
Council Member
Send Message
Post Has anyone actually met one of the cast/crew?
on: April 17, 2003 07:35
I'm just wondering if anyone (lucky them) has met any of them. I went to the Wellington TTT premiere and I got PJ, Karl Urban, Alan Lee, Richard Taylor and other people's autographs. But the hobbitses didn't come over to me! :cry: We hatess them! Yes ahem.. well if you have, i want to hear your stories and get really jealous.
MrsDodoBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Has anyone actually met one of the cast/crew?
on: April 19, 2003 03:42
I saw Sean Bean when he was starring in a Macbeth play in London. At the end, I shouted out 'BOROMIR' and he looked up at me! But then I think I kinda scared him!
frodofreak317
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2003 12:17
I saw Sean Bean when he was starring in a Macbeth play in London. At the end, I shouted out 'BOROMIR' and he looked up at me! But then I think I kinda scared him!

lol!! awesome u r sooo lucky!
ElvenBeauty321
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2003 02:05
Sadly no, but hey it could happen! Probably not, but its fun to dream:love:
Lol Mrs.DodoBaggins! Poor Sean Hey, but it was cool you saw him and he saw you.
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: May 23, 2003 01:21
WELL I HAVE MET THEM ALL!!!!

Well............ummmmmm......ok maybe not :blush: - but in my dreams I have!!! Wish I could though........... especially Viggo Mortensen!:love: :drool:
Asfaloth
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2003 08:05
Hey- I don't know if anyone cares, but I met Andy Serkis at an awards show! I actually talked to him for about 15 minutes. (He's a friend of a friend of mine.) He is so incredibly nice and he did the Gollum voice for me! He said he was doing a lot of post-production stuff for RotK and he was starting some new projects.

I'm not trying to brag, it was just such a cool experience that I wanted to share with people who would think it was cool, too!
ElvenBeauty321
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2003 02:30
You aren't bragging Asfaloth, after all, you just answered the question. Its really cool that you met him and he did the Gollum voice for you. Maybe he could introduce you to some of the others Though I think that meeting just him would be great!
_Tinuviel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2003 10:34
:cry::cry: I have never met any of the cast. Even though you might of scared Sean that would be totally cool! Hey, at least you got to talk to him! I mean he did play a good job as gollum! I have never met anyone and probably never will. I live no where close to New Zealand,Scotland,London or any big city in the U.S. I just live in a little far cornor on the universe where I will meet no one. *sniffs.* I know I'm whining. :blush: Sorry.
Nevthónîel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 30, 2003 07:33
Maybe I'm going to meet Viggo Mortensen when he's coming for an exhibition in Denmark 27 june. I'm really excited about that...:drool:
Roheryn
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2003 08:02
If you meet him Nevthoniel be sure to send him all our love. (and a big hug) Good luck
Orofâniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 31, 2003 11:19
I have never met anyone and probably never will. I live no where close to New Zealand,Scotland,London or any big city in the U.S. I just live in a little far cornor on the universe where I will meet no one. *sniffs.*

Then there are two of us...........:cry:
Valaöré
Servant of the Valar
Send Message
on: June 01, 2003 12:00
I have never met anyone and probably never will. I live no where close to New Zealand,Scotland,London or any big city in the U.S. I just live in a little far cornor on the universe where I will meet no one. *sniffs.*

Make that three! :cry:
Autumn
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2003 06:53
Actually -- Yes.

I did an interview with Sean Astin for cable channel 21 when he came to Portland for a charity project.. That project is being turning into a documentary at the moment, but the release keeps being pushed back. The music is taking longer than we thought.

It's a very small, local sort of thing. But the coolness factor remains.
AEvenstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2003 03:52
I once saw Billy Boyd at an airport! Does that count?
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2003 02:31

FOUR! I live in Lickskillet, Alabama... you wanna talk remote! Geez! And no, I've never met any of them, but my mom stood in line for the elevator with Christina Agulara at the Grammy's once! (She's a bluegrass singer/ backup singer for Dolly Parton)
I was so proud of her! But that has absolutely nothing to do with LOTR, but O HOW I WISH IT DID! If she were to ever meet or even SEE any cast member from LOTR, I would just DIE!
Andtalathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2003 05:33
Hey- I don't know if anyone cares, but I met Andy Serkis at an awards show! I actually talked to him for about 15 minutes. (He's a friend of a friend of mine.) He is so incredibly nice and he did the Gollum voice for me! He said he was doing a lot of post-production stuff for RotK and he was starting some new projects.

Don't know if anyone cares? Rofl I'm actually completely insanely jealous of you... that is very very cool, and even though I'd love to meet one of the cast members I could swoon over, I'd like nothing more than to spend 15 minutes with the man behind Gollum... who happens to be my favourite character
I live in London but I've never met anyone yet sadly.
Andtalathiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2003 05:39
oh and MrsDodoBaggins, I nearly got to see Sean Bean in MacBeth as well.. but then we went to see a different play which is a shame, lol. But that really made me laugh that you called him Boromir, I know I'd have done something stupid like that as well (Not meaning to call you stupid or anything, hehe)

Adanethian
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 10, 2003 04:35

No, make that four! :cry:

lol! that's so cool!

Chrissy_Lee
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2003 12:30
Betta make that 5! lol...only in my dreams!.......:cry::angry:
Arwen-Elf-Princess
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2003 12:41
I havn't met anyone..i want too! but hey i have a suggestion?
does having elijah wood come up and flirt with you in a dream count? it was the best dream i ever had! lol...he is sooo cute! but don't worry...i am going to become an actor..and star in a movie with him!:heart::love::drool::blush:
Nimloth
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2003 02:25
Have you ever met a real, live member of the Fellowship? I have ... !

I went to London last week-end and managed to get to the West End to see Ian McKellen in Strindbergh’s “Dance of Death“. After the show – pretty gruesome play, and most impressive performance by Sir Ian, btw – I went to the stage door, and lo and behold! Now the cover page of my copy of FotR says, “greetings from middle-earth, Ian McKellen“. (What a stroke of luck I just happened to have this book with me ... ) I was very impressed by how nice and friendly he was, not at all “The Big Star“. That was a great moment!

Has anybody else met somebody from the cast or crew? I wonder if the girl who was waiting with me is a CoE member – she had a whole bunch of autographs from Weta with her ...
Tara
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2003 02:27
So cool Nim....I have not yet met a member of the fellowship but I keep an eye out for local appearances. I would love to meet Viggo Mortensen, Orlando Bloom(big suprise)...any of them, really.
maybe someday....
Lady~of~the~Shield~Arm
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2003 02:28
Wow, Nimloth.. Some girls (?) have all the luck..!!
Meeting Iam Mckellen.. Next time you see him, here's my number: 06...... lol
I'm still waiting to meet Miranda Otto... :heart:
Kingrichard
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2003 02:31
I met Sir Ian after Dance OF dEATH in NYC...I have been a fan of his since 1978 when I was a boy! such a brilliant actor! The greatest living thesoian in the world,,,And he is such a nice down to earth guy!
Its great to meet a legend and find them to be so real!
Arwen-Elf-Princess
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2003 02:32
I would like to meet Elijah Wood..he is sooooo awesome! but if i could meet any of them i would be sooooooooo happy!:love::heart::drool::blush:
FallenAngel26
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 22, 2003 05:37
I had a dream I was stuck in a train with the whole cast, and it broke down, so we all sat in a circle on the floor and started talking for hours...I woke up so mad!! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN REAL!

After that dream, it became my personal mission to gather all the cast together and have them all take a train with me. I don't know how I'd make the train break down, but I will...you just wait and see!!
Nazgul7
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2003 07:40
well there was this one time where me and the fellowship were stuck on caradhas.... oh sorry that was a dream. oh this one time the hobbits were stuck in my computer and i was trying to save them.... oh that was a dream too.... well i could possibly meet them... i mean anything is possible.. right?... right?
pippinsscarf
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2003 06:41
:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I have never met any one of the cast members but hopefully i can talk my mom into letting go to indy [i live in lebanon which is close] and meet sean astin and john ryhs davies!!! hopefully
GollumsGal
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2003 01:39
Yes, I met Ian McKellan. TWICE!!!! I was so excited!. I saw him both times in London. My sister was performing in a peace concert which was protesting the war on Iraq, and he and his best friend and also famous actor Dame Judi Dench were there. I went backstage to see my sis, and there he was, just sitting there. I nearly wet myself, and stopped dead. It was so cool. The next day, I saw Dance of Death, ad waited for about an hour at the stage door, and he came out and signed my book. He was so sweet and kind. There were about twenty people there, and he was nice enough to sign everyone's stuff and interact with all of us. It wasnt like, "I signed it, bye". He was careful to mae everyone feel that they were important to him. He is an incredible man, and I am such a huge fan of his. It made my whole year to do that.
steffie
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2003 01:59
I had a dream I was stuck in a train with the whole cast, and it broke down, so we all sat in a circle on the floor and started talking for hours...I woke up so mad!! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN REAL!
I love it! What an awsome dream! That would be really cool if that happend in real life! Of course I would be there too!
Mirielda
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2003 01:16
I saw Elijah in my dream couple of day ago. We were in school in a classroom but it was like a cafe and we talked, laughed, flirted a little. He was sooo cute. And once I saw Orlando in my dream in winter we were in a swimmingpool and the same things heppened with him too. :love: but those don't count. back to the topic: no I haven't met because I live in Turkey. But for college I will go to USA. so a voice inside me says that I will meet with one of them..
Poldalle
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2003 04:19
I haven't yet but I get to meet Craig Parker (Haldir) at an LotR convention in Washington in October.
eldir
Mirkwood Enigma
Send Message
on: September 24, 2003 08:18
Poldalle, if you like funny, down-to-earth gentlemen then you will go spare over Craig.
mewantmypreciouss
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2003 02:24
Well i live in Hamilton where most of the hobbits and gandalf were (well they were 40 mins away) and then i found out that Elijah had his birthday at the Alcove (a bar in Hamilton) and i couldnt believe it...
But my english teacher from when i was 6th form was in Lotr, she was a hobbit, at the begining, the funny thing is she has this frontal shot and we all laughed when we saw her.

She did tell when she first saw elijah. she said she thought he was soo cute.. lol

and about her fight with a goat and her laundry... she was hanging out laundry for this take and a goat started to fight and pull the clothes and she ended up falling down and rolling down a hill. they wanted her to do it again but she wasnt too keen!
Mirfaen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2003 11:04
I saw Sean B in Macbeth... but I don't think that constitutes a MEETING as such I did spot his tattoo though!
My VERY annoying friend met Orlando Bloom at an airport, and another knows somebody who is a family friend and had Christmas dinner with him! AAAAAH!:cry:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email