Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
anarmacil
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Has anyone actually met one of the cast/crew?
on: April 06, 2004 07:08
I was within 30 feet of a "Flipper" shoot when I was little and saw Elijah but I had no idea who he was and didn't care at the time. Now I wish it could just happen again, so i could actually DO something. Bah. I had a dream that I lent him my bicycle when he was dumped in a ditch by a horse once... does that count?
sephra
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2004 12:39
I ALMOST met Dom. My Lotr obsessed friend and i were planning to go to that 'Best of both worlds' conference in Canberra. Turned out we had absoloutly NO way of getting there and we only had about $90 between us. We were crazy! We both vowed that if we didn't attend we would die. So we couldn't go and we didn't go but GUESS WHAT? Dom didn't even attend, luckily, it was just the guy who plays butterburr and the guy who plays Haldir. Still it would have been great to go.
Nevthónîel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 25, 2004 04:42
I actually met Billy Boyd today!
I live in Sweden, and I thought like: I'll never meet any LOTR-actor" But since I'm on this special mail-list, I got an invitation to this convention thing.
So I went there without any expectations and there was crowds of people waiting to see Billy, but since I got this invitation I walked right in and met him. It was amazing! He was very kind, a we talked about LotR and my family and so on for about 5 minutes. I got a card with his autograph, and took a couple photos with him and me. I had such a great time, and I still can't understand that I've really met him. He was very goodlooking, and he told me a couple of jokes about his time in New Zealand. This was definitely the best day this year! I've only got one word: Amazing!
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2004 01:15
AH! Nev! Oh, how I envy you! :angry:
Nauseating_Erosion_Hound
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 10:17
Yeperroo...my family loves NYC, so I went there one time with them. I ran into Viggo ^_^...Boohahaha! My mum and I are big fans. I have the autographs, but no picture. :cry:
debsmad
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 01:25
I haven't met anyone from LotR but I have met U2, who have done alot of work with Clannad, who are related to Enya, who is on the FotR soundtrack.

An online friend of mine met Sean Astin and John RD at the big Indianapolis (?) convention last year. Also a friend of his met Ian McKellen shortly before LotR started filming...met him at a party where the friend thought they were introducing "Serena" when they were actually saying "Sir Ian." lol
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 21, 2004 10:34
I met Andy Serkis and Graig Parker in Holland and they were great-great-great (met them on Friday 18th June and still jumping around in happiness) :love: :drool: :disco: .
Foggy
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2004 04:47
I ALMOST met Dom. My Lotr obsessed friend and i were planning to go to that 'Best of both worlds' conference in Canberra. Turned out we had absoloutly NO way of getting there and we only had about $90 between us. We were crazy! We both vowed that if we didn't attend we would die. So we couldn't go and we didn't go but GUESS WHAT? Dom didn't even attend, luckily, it was just the guy who plays butterburr and the guy who plays Haldir. Still it would have been great to go.

I actually went to that, Was GREAT
Eamane15
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2004 09:04
i met Sean Astin. he was so nice to me. i cried when i met him and the people who were guarding him were like "oh my gosh, she is crying." Sean gave me a hug and a hand shake to make me believe that i was meeting him.
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2004 02:11
I haven't met anyone from LotR but I have met U2, who have done alot of work with Clannad, who are related to Enya, who is on the FotR soundtrack.

OH...I am sooo jealous! U2 are my absolute favorite! I think they are the only celebrities that I'd be nervous to meet. I'd probably stumble over every word. I have been a fan of theirs for about 14 years!
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2004 12:20
:love:
Orlando Bloom once signed my poster for me! It was just before christmas sometime.
GreenCat3
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2004 05:06
I may be forced to hit myself.
However I do know someone who knows the weapons instructon on Lord of the Rings, therefore there are three degrees of separation between me and Sean Bean *squee*

met Craig Parker, Bruce Hopkins, and Jorn Benzon at a LotR convention (Ringcon) here in Washington!

Washington? As in DC? 'Cos tha's about maybe ten minutes away from me...*cry*
Foggy
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2004 05:25
I met Craig Parker, Mark Ferguson, Jorn Benson, Joel Tobeck and Sarah McLeod at BOBW 21 in Canberra
Lómiothiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2004 02:19
Alas I have not had the pivelege but my friend actually got to spend a week with ORLANDO BLOOM!!!! I was soo jealous (I begged to go in her suitcase). She was doing work experience with the cinematographer for Ned Kelly, and got to meet Orlando!!!! Needless to say I begged for an autograph!
Sith_Haldir
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2004 09:29
The only important person from LOTR that I had met is Barrie Osbourne and it was during a talk he did at Singapore Science Centre. He was very nice and took time to autograph a couple of stuffs for my fellow ShowHosts and me, other than photos. A pity he had to leave so fast or I took would had taken a Scaling photo with him. :cry:

Other than that, I met a guy who was a Rohirrim at Pelanor Field (he was a tourist who happened to go past our Roadshow) and 3 Maori Dancers/Singers who were also Rohirrims but in TTT.
Ascal_Elessar
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2004 07:49
I've met a few of the cast. I've met Craig Parker and Brad Dourif plus some of the minor cast members like Lawrence Makore (hope I spelt that right).
LuthienofDoriath23
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 05:50
I saw Sean Bean when he was starring in a Macbeth play in London. At the end, I shouted out 'BOROMIR' and he looked up at me! But then I think I kinda scared him!

lol!! awesome u r sooo lucky!

Alas no, BUT my friend's dad (Bill Welden) is an expert on elvish, and he went to New Zealand to work there. He met Elijah Wood, and for anyone who has seen'A day in the life of a hobbit' ,he said eli's really like that. He talked to him for about ten minutes, but DIDNT GET his autograph for my friend. as you could imagine , she was REALLY ticked.
LuthienofDoriath23
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2004 06:08
No,NO,NO!:cry::cry::cry: I bet I will NEVER meet the cast members, knowing my luck. I live in California but about 400 miles away from L. A. (Los Angeles) PLEASE somebody tell me I will meet them someday! (sound hopeless, dont I?) Are there any LotR events in San Francisco? Because that would actually be possible for me to go to. Though I kept hoping to go to a primere in L.A., i never got to. was very sad.
legolasrules1
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2004 07:08
Well there was the time I met Billy Boyd at an airport and he signed my shoe, no, that was a dream...

Oh yeah, I met him at a filming of 'Whose Line'. He sat in front of me and I screamed my head off and...that was a dream too.

Ah yes, Frodo, Sam, Merry, and Pippin were in my backyard and me and Pippin were making out. That wasn't a dream. (Or at least that's what I prefer to believe)
leathers22000
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2004 11:03
In March I met Andy Serkis, Billy Boyd, Sala Baker, Thomas Robins and John Rhys Davies at the London Film and Comic Con. and in May I met Sala again, plus Craig Parker, Lawrence Makoare and Brad Dourif at Milton Keynes Collectormania5. They are all really nice people (pity it costs me an absolute fortune to attend these things!!!) any UK folk who are interested check out the websites - http://www.collectormania.com and http://www.londonfilmandcomiccon.com there are already quite a few guests listed for later this year....
Legebriwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2004 12:49
I met Jasmine Watson (Jewelry maker) and Greg Tober (WETA armourist) at TolCon 2004 in May in Seattle, WA. I had a nice time talking to Jasmine about her new jewelry line and Lion, Witch & Wardrobe project coming up. Greg and I exchanged currency (his NZ, mine CANADIAN) and we had a short chat about the best places to go in NZ that are off the beaten path.

Now I just have to find a way to meet Craig, Karl, Orlando, Billy, Dom and Viggo!
~Lege~ "The Elf who missed the boat!"
Nevquareien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2004 12:53
I have met David Wenham several times. He is really nice; very genuine and friendly.
I also met Jose Luis Perez, who was Viggo's makeup artist on all three films. He was very interesting to chat with.
GillyWhitfootofHaysend
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 05:13
A friend of mine was in New York and said he overheard Elijah talking to somebody(must have been about his moving out)!
He also saw Brittainy Spears,but we can skip that...
I have not met anybody from the cast,but this was pretty close!
ohma_grove
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2004 12:49
Brad Dourif, many years ago. I won't tell how long ago cause that would make both he and I cringe over our ages. But it was at a young actor's seminar a looong time ago.

More recently, I met Orlando Bloom during the filming of Elizabethtown. OR more correctly my rabbit met Orlando -- and his dog -- separately. I don't think either of them registered my existence. GroverJean, on the otherhand, got doggy kisses, lots of coos and pets, and an autograph. I think I'll try again sans bunny should they come back for the E'town premiere. My SO won't let me live it down. I am currently hated by half the teenage girls in the state of KY. Orlando ditched them all for a four pound lagomorph.:cry:

Ohma
goldberryiscool
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2004 06:30
I went down to the RotK premiere in Wellington last december & I met Elijah Wood, Orlando Bloom, Billy Boyd & Viggo Mortenson. I really really wanted to meet Dominic Monaghan & he was walking past & I started yelling (I won't repeat what I said ) & he heard me coz he turned around & was like "what the...?!" then he saw me & started laughing & walked off. They were all really nice
ABagginsOfTheShire
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 23, 2004 05:45
Yes, I met Ian McKellan. TWICE!!!! I was so excited!.

Oh gosh, you guys are so lucky to just be able to walk around somewhere and happen to walk into a LotR casr member... and TWICE!!!

I would luv to meet Elijah Wood,:heart: I get so jealous when I read a magazine and a fangirl sends in a pic of her and Lij, telling everyone that she met him!! IT SHOULD BE ME!! ME!! ME!!!:cry:
Aerhíril
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 08:38
Lol. I know exactly how you feel. I would love to meet Lij! Or Dom. heck I would be dead chuffed to meet any one member of the cast!
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2004 06:52
Sadly, I've only met Viggo in my dreams. I had one the other night where we were talking and he really liked me. Then he kissed me and I woke up. Oh, if only that dream would come true! :heart:
Faramir_Fan_333
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 29, 2004 02:26
i met elijah wood:heart: once.his sister was at the hospital and he went to pick her up i was there because i broke my arm i saw him and ran up to him and was like hi can i have your autograph then he signed my cast me and his sister stayed in touch cause we talked in the hospital(i didn't even know it was her, surprise surprise) so we met again and had lunch we are still in touch!
NeatNicki
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2004 07:09
A couple years ago, while I was still at UCLA, I met Nick Riera, the props buyer for the movies. (Loved his accent!) And he was awesome. He worked for a time at the Catalina Conservancy.
We had volunteered to do some work for the Conservancy (and what hard work!!!), and he was our guide. He just rocked!! I loved him. Super duper nice Kiwi! He brought his photo-journal from his time on the set and all his letters of praise and awards... Also told us a bit about working with Ian McKellen and his many lunches with Liv. We got sneak peeks at the props (esp for the horses) for the Return of the King!! It was fabulous!
...That was a great weekend!
AJArteest
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2004 04:54
I went to ComicCon in San Diego and I had heard that Dominic was going to be there promoting his new TV show Lost. Personally I am a bigger fan of Billy Boyd but I was excited all the same. I didn't get a chance to see him when he was talking and I got really dissapointed. My friend and I went downstairs so that she could buy some manga and we saw a huge crowd. We walked up to see what was going on and I saw a sign that said Billy Boyd and Dominic were signing autographs. Unfortunatly, you needed a ticket to have them sign something but I got within five feet of Billy Boyd and I got a bunch of pictures. It was so much fun.
we_wantsss_Aragorn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2004 06:05
I met Andy Serkis at the Elf Fantasy Fair, he signed a picture of Gollum for me and I had another pic taken of me and him, he's a very nice man
LOTRcrazy
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2004 11:42
I just met Sean Astin yesterday, at the Boston Museum of Science at his book signing. I woke up at 5:15, got to the museum at 7am and waited in line for about 4 hours. It was totally worth though!!! Me and my friends were 35th in line out of the 3000 people who came!!! It was awesome
elflin999
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2004 12:41
I met Sean Astin yesterday at the boston signing. I was one of the first six people to meet him he is so sweet.
RingWearer
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2004 08:04
I met Sean Astin yesterday at the Chicago book signing. I was thrilled! He is so friendly. He shakes your hand, looks you directly in the eyes, smiles and has something to say to everyone. He commented on my ring (That's a big ring!). I told him, "You are so thin! You should eat something!" which got a laugh. He was a real sweetheart.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email