Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ILoveMrBloom
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Has anyone actually met one of the cast/crew?
on: October 05, 2003 07:42
my friends friend was one of the black riders, he has been in a buch of movie bc he works with horsers and such.
Eloise
Giver of Smores
Send Message
on: October 05, 2003 08:06
I saw Billy Boyd today! I was at a LOTR concert and he was doing some narration. He was great at it!
Shadowfax3791
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 07, 2003 08:46
i actually didn't meet anyone but, my mom has met viggos step mom, lisbeth mortensen, in france. they're both flight attendants for the same airline. i totally freaked out when she came home and told me. she also left a message on the phone at my house. if wish i was home:cry: then i could have answered it and talked to her and try to get tickets and signed photos and lots of yummy stuff :drool: anyway, i dont no if this counts or not but hey what the heck
Lhawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2003 12:56
Uhm... I've met Viggo Mortensen this year... this summer actually.. He once lived in my city (the smallest place on earth) and he was here to promote his first poetry book in Danish...So I ran down to the bookstore to get a copy.. and.... HE WAS THERE!!.. to sign them and he gave out strawberries.. We weren't many.. so we all got to speak to him and so on.. he was SO SO SO nice.. and he smelled good too XD Just.. in case any of you wanted to know.. hehe
His son was there too.. not really looking like his dad though.. ah well... Viggo was nice.. with the cuuuutest accent ever!! His Danish is really funny XD and he wrote "Thank you Theresa" in Danish.. in the book... *squuuuueeee*

So to all of you who think you'll NEVER meet any of the actors.. dreams do come true.. I met the wonderful Viggo.. in my little town!
Moriarwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2003 04:04
Hi everyone, went to a convention on sunday and I actually met Andy Serkis and Sean Austin (hope i spelt them right) i also met cast from the matrix and harry potter, but from LOTR I met the people who play Sauron, Lurtz annnnnd the witchking..... S.A and A.S are really nice people, i was amazed, because they had been sighning for something like 9 hours but still said hello to everyone and were really nice.
GollumsGal
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2003 04:07
ooh, that IS not fair. Where was this convention, and what was it for? I met Ian McKellan, but you still win. grrrrrrr
cosmik01
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 15, 2003 04:14
I met Orlando Bloom at the POTC premiere in London in the summer. Just put a pic up in my last journal entry actually.

And I'm meeting Craig Parker this weekend at the London Expo (and possibly Billy Boyd!) which is pretty exciting
legolaslover2002
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2003 02:04
:cry::cry::cry: I want to meet an actor too. I want to meet Hugo Weaving, Craig Parker, Sean Astin , Billy Boyd and Orlando Bloom and that guy who plays figwit. Why do I live in Holland??:cry: I will never meet them. Poor me.
_Rilaisseth_
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2003 05:26
This thread is highly depressing. I live in Sydney and whilst it's meant to be a good star-spotting city, why do I see nobody?!?! I'd love to meet Viggo, Karl, Orlando & Craig, they're my faves
elfone
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2003 09:30
ppl live such interesting lives, you all are sooooooooo lucky! I was really close to meeting Sean Astin, he was in Whisler the week AFTER me and my friend were. It made us sooooooooooo mad.:angry:
Anteruion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2003 12:27
I shall meet one of them some day if not i will make a Middle earth LARP and it wi'' be open alot like 5 out of 7 days!!1 and have hotels there!!!!
Melde_the_hobbit
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2003 02:17
I met Craig Parker, Bruce Hopkins, and Jorn Benzon at a LotR convention (Ringcon) here in Washington! It was so awesome. I got all their autographs and I got to be in a picture with Mr. Parker and Mr. Hopkins. And they talked to me!!! They all wished me a happy birthday too because three days earlier it had been my birthday. They were all so nice! By the way, Poldalle and i went there together. We go to the same school and stuff and we're best friends. She was dressed like an elf and I was dressed like a hobbit!

[Edited on 9/11/2003 by Melde_the_hobbit]
Glorfindel_of_Gondolin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2003 10:57
I've only met one, Mr. Andy Serkis.

It was an sciece fiction/fantasy exhibit, close to where i live, so me and my friends of course wnet there.
First thing we saw was Andy, sitting by a table, that poor guy had already wrote like 300 autographs...
But we went into the line...

First you had to stand in a looong line, and then you had to pay like 150 swedish kronor (15 dollars) , but it was worth it.

Andy was EXTREMLY nice and talked to everybody, he even talked to one persons friend in a cell-phone.

When he asked for my name and I showed him how it was spelled i was really suprised, I've met several englishmen but the firstone to say it right is Andy,
don't get me wrong english people but my name not easy to say in english.
Tove most people say ToUVa, including my american englishteacher.

but anyway on the autograph he wrote "Hi Tove" and then we shook hands and he said "it's a pleassure to meet you!Take care!"

My friend asked if he could say something in gollums voice and he did!
he is a really cool guy
trippletig
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2003 03:02
i have met most of the cast at the los angeles premieres over the last two years (reporting is a fantastic job). i have spoken with orlando bloom, elijah wood, dom monaghan, sean astin, billy boyd, john rhys-davies, viggo mortensen, sir ian mckellan, liv tyler, miranda otto, peter jackson, sean bean, bernard hill, john noble, karl urban, andy serkis, david wenham, howard shore, and barrie osborne. although it was great to meet all of these people breifly i would have prefered to actually have a chat then a rushed two questions purely about the film. they are all extremely nice, esp (in my opinion) all of the hobbits, bernard hill, orlando bloom, and john rhys-davies... but i may be biased seeing as these are the people that i joked around with slightly. i wore rather interesting shirts for both the two towers and the return of the king premiere (the third of this month), to TTT i wore a goonies shirt and unfortunately did not get to meet sean astin, luckily i spoke with him at RotK and i wore a shirt that my friend made me that read "hobbit at heart" in bleach, and both times elijah commented on my shirts, i 'represented' with the goonies shirt and my hobbit at heart shirt was 'rockin'. i also (of course) wore the ring on a chain both times, was nearly choked when andy serkis grabbed my necklace toward the camera and started doing the gollum voice (he can choke me any day!). dom was a great guy (even with bright purple lining in his jacket) who would check out some female volleyball teams (as he said 'if that's so wrong, then why does it seem so right') haha. sorry that this post is so long. i'm just going to quit with it then. sorry for taking up so much space!
-jessica
SerendipityStorm
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2003 02:39
i've been lucky enough to meet Elijah Dom Billy Sean Andy Sala Baker and Laurence all of who are amazing friendly guys. I met them at collector mania and managed to chat with all of them and have photos and hugs! and i wld love to meet them again.
:love:
Eruantalincë
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: December 10, 2003 03:17
This thread is really depressing, yes. For when FotR had its premiere down in Holland, the cast was in Rotterdam (I do not know exactly who were there) and they were eating in a restaurant (of course). The boyfriend of a friend of mine worked in that restaurant when they were there... And I was not:cry::cry::cry:.
Never met one of the castmembers. Wanted to go to the expo in London, but my finances do not allow that. Well, I keep on dreaming.
Why do they always show up in big 'standard'cities like London, LA or something like that? Oh yes, sometimes, celebs in general are in Amsterdam, where I never go to:dizzy:.
celebrien_undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 02:17
tripple, I am soooooooo jealous of you!!! you lucky thing.I've never met a cast member and they've never been anywhere near me!:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: I'm jealous of everyone who's met an LOTR cast person!! eek! I really dream that one day one of them will come here to my small town of Grand Junction. but I really love to dream, even if it goes all the way to flying over to meet each one of them wherever they live. I'd really like to meet Elijah, Orlando, Sean A., Sean B.,Liv, Miranda Dom, Billy, and Cate. they're my absolute faves in order. :drool::drool::love::love::love::heart:
Mezawin
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 06:00
I meet Andy Serkis at a book shop in wellington the day on the 2nd of dec. he was signing the new gollum books, hes really nice and really cute. I also go a picture with him but I look soooo fat so no way am I posting it.
Beren_Onehanded
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 09:14
I met Richard Simmons at the airport in New Orleans once.

I only say that because I think he would have made a great Saruman. I mean picture him on top of Orthanc sending thunder and lightning at the fellowship on Caradhras: doing aerobics and waving his hands all over the place, but always in the general direction of the mountain.

And in TTT, bossing around Wormtongue and the orcs. Instead of saying kill them all, he could say like "Kill one and two and three and four and again. one and two and three and four and again...." like three hundred times. PJ could have made it the stand up and stretch part of the movie.

The only real problem would be his voice, it is way TOO powerful to be the voice of Saruman. Maybe they could edit it to make it seem more like the voice of a maia and less like the voice of a god. Otherwise, not even Gandalf could resist him.
joudie
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 10:17
Hey- I don't know if anyone cares, but I met Andy Serkis at an awards show! I actually talked to him for about 15 minutes. (He's a friend of a friend of mine.) He is so incredibly nice and he did the Gollum voice for me! He said he was doing a lot of post-production stuff for RotK and he was starting some new projects.

I'm not trying to brag, it was just such a cool experience that I wanted to share with people who would think it was cool, too!

I could have met Andy Serkins he were in sweden a while ago.. But of course i couldn't go....
Legolisa_
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 11:25
I MET BILLY BOYD! I did, I was like "He looks......hobbit like." No, really I didn't, but I would die if I did.....of course after I drool for the rest of the day:drool: I totally don't like you people who have met the cast. :evil: Ah. c'est la vie (That's life) :cry:
Laitina
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2003 10:12
Blah, I've never been lucky enough... >>;;

But my friend met Orlando Bloom at an acting school, and he shook hands with him and stuff. At least it's true he smells great. ^-^~!

Annnnd.... I don't know if this counts, but my friend was an extra on the set for Edoras. Didn't meet any actors, though.

I'd die if I met any of the cast. As for Orlando Bloom, I'd die twice. ^ .^;;;
Nydamwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2003 05:36
You are so lucky you people who have met them!
Hrmph...I'm never going to meet anyone! The closest I'm gonna get is the LotR Exhibition in the London Sci Museum with the costumes...well, better than nothing I guess...BUT YOU ARE SO LUCKY!:cry:
The extras on the DVD's just make me wish even more to meet one/two/the/four/more of them are they seem such dudes and really nice people!
WaitressOfTheGreenDragon
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2003 11:49
Ive meet them all....cause i was lucky enough to attend the premiere and so i talked to them all( elijah, Dom,Billy,David,richard taylor, barrie, viggo, john, andy,ian,orlando...who hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek etc...) at the after party and i had to try and act calm!...it was horrible i just wanted to go crazy...though i was fortunate enough to meet elijah wood the day before and get a photo with him as a crazy fan...he smelt sooooo good and was so incredibly nice. also my froend couldnt come to the premiere so we got Dom to talk on the phone to her!....so there you go guys if you ever see them walking down the street or ...whatever go up to them casue they are all nice...and try and make a conversation with them...they are all interesting people!
Aragorns-Estel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2003 11:09
Conventions? Where? TELL ME!!!! I live in a really little town, but Pittsburgh is only 2 hrs. away and Phily is about 6. Never heard of a LOTR convention. WHERE???
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 31, 2003 02:26
COOL! Pittsburgh's about 30 minutes away from me!
half_elven_maiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2004 12:38
i live in a tiny town
i really would like to meet any of the cast or the crew(who could intoduce me to the cast )
i did have a dream that i met them though:love:
oh well i guess thats as close as im going to get:cry:

Choco
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2004 01:47
I had a dream I was stuck in a train with the whole cast, and it broke down, so we all sat in a circle on the floor and started talking for hours...I woke up so mad!! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN REAL!

After that dream, it became my personal mission to gather all the cast together and have them all take a train with me. I don't know how I'd make the train break down, but I will...you just wait and see!!

Wow! Someone else who has weird cast dreams! I had an odd dream where I was on a train with Billy Boyd, and he was mad at me and wouldn't give me his autograph. I was crushed. And then there was the dream where Orlando Bloom and Elijah Wood decided to join this little improv group I was in. They were making a documentary of it or something...

Also, I went to the San Diego Comicon this last summer, and got there about an hour after the cast members left! I was so mad.:angry:
Haldir_of_Lothlorien182
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2004 09:02
AAAAAHHHHH I AM SO JEALOUS AND DEPRESSED!!!:cry:You guys are so lucky. I live in the worst place ever in a tiny town in the middle of a dessert in New Mexico and there is no big town within miles to go to a convention!!!:cry::evil::angry:
~elvenflower~
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2004 09:23
ahhhhhhhh my auntie went to the rotk premier in london and met viggo mortenson and david whenham (sp?) she talked to viggo and he held her arm!!!!!!! not sure why:dizzy: but still . she said he was really nice but shy.
but she gave me there autographs soo im happy!!!!!!!!:love::love::love:
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2004 09:30
AAAAAHHHHH I AM SO JEALOUS AND DEPRESSED!!!:cry:You guys are so lucky. I live in the worst place ever in a tiny town in the middle of a dessert in New Mexico and there is no big town within miles to go to a convention!!!:cry::evil::angry:

Yeah but, I'm poor so I may live close to a major city, but I could never afford to go to one of the conventions or trilogy showings. Maybe in my dreams. :cry:
Aowyn
Resident Shieldmaiden
Send Message
on: January 04, 2004 12:11
Here's a nice pic from the Gallery I thought you all might like to see of one of our member's daughters posing with Elijah
http://www.councilofelrond.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showpic&pid=15977&orderby=dateD
Amaurëahin
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2004 03:06
my friends sister used to date elijah wood but that was a really long time ago......
Hanasian
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2004 06:13
I met John Rhys-Davies in Seattle in Dec 2002.
Eighth King of Arthedain - It was in battle that I come into this Kingship, and it will be in Battle when I leave it. There is no peace for the Realm of Arnor. Read the last stand of Arthedain in the Darkest of Days.
Uno
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2004 02:37
I met Billy Boyd in Topman in Glasgow a few months back, i shook his hand and talked to him for a couple of minutes. really nice guy!!
oh and I saw Sean Bean at Heathrow Airport about 5 years ago
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email