Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
newsgirl
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Has anyone actually met one of the cast/crew?
on: August 09, 2006 02:43
Not sure if this counts, but I wrote a letter to John Howe and he wrote back, (in pen!) he even included a autogrpahed sketch of Gandalf. It's been over a year since that, and I'm still hiped up about it!
Shadowfaxie
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2006 12:14
Not sure if this counts, but I wrote a letter to John Howe and he wrote back, (in pen!) he even included a autogrpahed sketch of Gandalf. It's been over a year since that, and I'm still hiped up about it!

Wow that is soooo cool I want that too! Lol. Lucky thing! hehehe
Merrythenadia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 08:52
I got to see Billy Boyd in person at the Lord of the Rings symphony in Pittsburgh. Sadly, I didn't get to actually talk to him, but it was still great to hear him talk and see him up close. I wish Dom had been there too....
legolaslover2002
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2006 12:04
I've met Billy Boyd twice. I've just read he became a father 26th april. (imdb.com) Didn't even know he had a girlfriend. I guess he'll make a good dad!!
Josephine_jfh
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 07:41
Just came back from the ELF convention in NJ, USA last month! During those three days, I met Sean Astin, John Noble, and Billy Boyd. I took photo with them, and got their autographs. That's so cool!
kiwitreasures
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2006 12:44
I don't know how to start my list. Was on so many conventions and the ROTK premiere in Germany, so I met many of the cast and crew and Peter Jackson himself.

The most memorable meeting was with Ian McKellen this january. I went to London to see him on stage in the play Aladdin and after the show we met him at the back entrance of the theatre.

Please check my homepage about New Zealand: the country, the actors and the movies: http://www.kiwitreasures.net

[Edited on 3/9/2006 by kiwitreasures]
Skadhi
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2006 06:24
You guys are so lucky..... I've never met ANYONE famous, unless you count some guy whose written a book on bird watching.......
Wish there were some LotR conventions here.:cry:

Nice site kiwi
kiwitreasures
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2006 07:44

Wish there were some LotR conventions here.:cry:

Nice site kiwi

Where do you come from? And if you feel better, here in Austria we don't have any conventions either.

[Edited on 5/9/2006 by kiwitreasures]
Skadhi
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2006 05:30
India..... the most boring place in the world. Some peeps haven't even heard of LotR
Josephine_jfh
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2006 05:51
India..... the most boring place in the world. Some peeps haven't even heard of LotR

:hug: Me, too. I live in Taiwan, where the LOTR fans are listed as endangered species! I took 16-hour-long flight to New York (actually in New Jersey) to join the convention. Now I am bankrupt!

But it worths! Sean Astin is so nice, gentle, and humorous. He treated every fan heartly like his old friend. I will never forget this. :heart:
Finduelas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2006 08:14
Oh my gosh, some people have all the luck! I would LOVE to meet ANY of the cast members! Sadly, I have not. I live in this really small town where not very many exciting things happen. Sad me! :cry:
Esmerelda~Baggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 16, 2006 09:05
I havn't met anyone..i want too! but hey i have a suggestion?
does having elijah wood come up and flirt with you in a dream count? it was the best dream i ever had! lol...he is sooo cute! but don't worry...i am going to become an actor..and star in a movie with him!:heart::love::drool::blush:

Whoa! Same thing happened to me!!! It was sooo vivid I thought it was REALLY happening!:love: Then I woke up...:cry:
naamarie
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2006 04:26
I just missed the chance to meet Miranda Otto. Stupid work needed doing.
I met Andy Serkis though... He was at a convetion in my local town... he was pretty cool and down to earth. Heh. Hopefully another chance will come around to meet Miranda... She's so cool!

A little off topic... sorta...
Anyone in the Uk.. Collectormania/Collectormania GMEX host quite a few LOTR actors... Just thought i'd point it out =]] Search on Google if you are interested =]

tripple_mmm
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2006 05:41
i was 2 weeks ago at the ringcon in germany, and there i met:

sean astin (he signed my copy of his book )
miranda otto
craig parker
sara mcload
bruce spence
bruce hopkins (he gave me a handkiss :love: )
mark ferguson
shane rangi <3
jed brophy <3
lori dungey

and there were all soooooo lovely and nice!
and shane, jed, bruce (hopkins), mark and craig were at the bar and celebrated together with the fans!

it was just fantastic :heart:
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2006 02:11
You're lucky! I've never met anyone famous!
legolaslover2002
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2006 10:21
i was 2 weeks ago at the ringcon in germany, and there i met:

sean astin (he signed my copy of his book )
miranda otto
craig parker
sara mcload
bruce spence
bruce hopkins (he gave me a handkiss :love: )
mark ferguson
shane rangi <3
jed brophy <3
lori dungey

and there were all soooooo lovely and nice!
and shane, jed, bruce (hopkins), mark and craig were at the bar and celebrated together with the fans!

it was just fantastic :heart:

I was there too!! ^^
NellasTaralom
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 12, 2009 02:45
woops! Sorry Linwe!

here's my brush with fame from the other thread:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello!

I was just wondering if anyone on this site has ever met, or at least seen an actor from LotR.

Well, I didn't actually meet Sean Astin, but I DID see him. My brother met him though.

It was a few years ago, and Sean was visiting my town to be the guest of honor at our annual parade. In the early morning before the parade, Sean took part in our 10K race through town, and I stood on the sidewalk near the end of the road, waiting with hundreds of other people to see him pass by. And there he was! He was running in the middle of a clump of other runners (cause hundreds of people run the race), but I saw him clearly a few yards away from me and snapped a picture.

Later, my friend and I were watching the parade, and of course he passed by in one of open-top cars. I'm almost positive we made eye contact for a moment, which might have something to do with the fact that I was probably cheering the loudest

My brother, however, was the lucky one. In the early morning before the race, Sean was waiting around with some of the other runners. My brother and his group of friends were walking around, just hanging out, really.

My brother was wearing one of those colorful, funky jester hats, so he kinda stood out. All of a sudden he saw Sean, but wasn't sure if it was him, because Sean was wearing sun glasses. Then Sean just walked right up and was like "Cool hat" and my brother was speechless. He did, however, manage to ask for an autograph, so Sean gave him one on a little yellow piece of paper, which we still have today It just says "Sean Astin" with a little smiley face. Anyways, that's my story. Anyone else got one???
rodwen_dilain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2009 07:29
I'm so jealous of all of you! It would be super exciting to meet ANY of the cast....or the crew for that matter! I live in Canada, and even people who live in the same province I do, don't even know where it is And we never have conventions, or if there is one near by, I also seem to find out about it AFTER it's done...oh well
Rainyaviel_of_Rivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2009 08:28
We don't get many conventions here,but I went to one a couple of weeks ago and...I met Karl Urban!!!It was so awesome.He is even hotter in real life:heart:.I got his signature for my brother,who wasnt there.I was so shy I could barely speak to him.
legolaslover2002
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2009 11:54
A couple of months ago I saw Mark Ferguson again. At Elf Fantasy fair. He gave an acting workshop and I had my picture taken with him. He's so nice and cute
Elwingda
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2009 12:58
I went to see the play 'In Celebration' where Orlando Bloom was cast. Ian McKellen I saw as well when I went to see a play at my local(!) theatre - he was in the audience too, and he laughed very loudly all the time (it was a comedy)
But no, I haven't met any of the cast members personally.
glamdring22
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2009 03:10
My aunt saw Elijah Wood and met Sean Astin's dad .
I never met anyone though.
EthelwulfHanrahan
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2009 02:47
i met Tolkien's great-grandson Royd who has a cameo in ROTK he is the solider of Gondor who passes out spears after Faramir says "to the river quick". he signed my copy of The Hobbit, he wrote "great to meet you, with my best wishes Royd Tolkien".
glamdring22
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2009 07:01
That's so nice EthelwulfHanrahan! You got a relative of Tolkein to sign your book that is really really amazing! I wish I had
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: August 31, 2010 10:12
I met EW while he was shooting Everything is Illuminated here in Prague I'm however sorry to say that, still being a greatly reclusive and inexperienced chit back then -not to mention much taller than him- I'm afraid I scared the living hell out of him with my awkward babbling. Lol, he must have thought a stark raving lunatic was after him
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2010 09:04
Guess who met Billy Boyd today!
He's currently starring in this play, Sunshine on Leith, which I went to see. (It's a musical, so I got to listen to him sing, too!) We (me and my mother) ended up hanging around the stage door and we managed to see him for a few minutes. He signed my programme (I'm planning to get it framed), my mother took about five photos of us together, and... he kissed me on the cheek!
I'm a little starstruck now, and desperately trying to snap myself out of "squealing fangirl" mode.
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2010 06:25
OK, you can ingore my post in the Predictions game thread. You have no idea how jealous I am. :cry: :angry: :love: *faint*

I've never met anyone at all famous, but I did dream about meeting the four Hobbit actors in a restraunt last night, and I kissed Dom on the cheek. Why couldn't I dream about kissing Billy? *smacks self* I want to go to a big convention so badly....

[Edited on 3/10/2010 by Lastande_Took]
RenFaire
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2010 09:00
The entire cast was actually in my basement hanging out, :heart: then I woke up.:cry:
alassë25
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 06, 2010 03:10
I would really like to meet some of the crew... too bad I don't live in NZ.
Frodo~the~Second
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2010 01:41
You know, Elijah Wood lives in New York. We're not that far away...
We're planning--scratch that. We will meet Dom and Billy. Someday. It's true. In the future. Yup.
ElentirGreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2011 12:23
I only ever meet the cast and their caracters in my LotR fan fiction, "The Hidden History of Middle-Earth".
I met Sharon Stone, once when I was like 9 (and I'm almost 14). I was with my mom in Paris, in the Eiffel Tower, and half of the elevator was taken. We entered and my mom said "Look, it's Sharon Stone!" I wanted to take a picture of her, but I was too shy to do it!
Thankfully, a friend of mine, that was with me that day, had her camera on and now I have a short video with Sharon Stone in the Eiffel Tower elevator!

Btw, if somebody ever hears of Orlando Bloom or peter Jackson or anyone in the LotR cast and crew coming in Romania or England or greece or somewhere close to Eastern Europe, PLEASE contact me!!!

Best of Wishes,
Elentir
Caden
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2011 09:48
I dream of meeting Craig Parker and have since I was fourteen.
Sadly I have never met anyone who isnt locally famous. But next year when I finish school I'm going to go stargazing!
Andromeda_of_Imladris
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2011 11:20
i havent met anyone :cry:
but my mum supplies dye to the costume department for the hobbit
ImageImage
lijahluver
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2011 01:17
I met Sean Astin when he came to my state for the 25th anniversary of "The Goonies" celebration (: Hadn't even seen the Goonies, but I went just to see Sean. I didn't really get to talk to him or anything, but I got his autograph and got my picture taken with him. It was an amazing experience...

Next two I *have* to meet: Dominic Monaghan and Elijah Wood. :love:

[Edited on 6/23/2011 by lijahluver]
ElanorBaggins
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2011 12:45
Oh, you are all so lucky!!! I have no chance of meeting anyone from them ( i live in Hungary, far far away from USA and Enagland) :cry:

[Edited on 23/7/2011 by ElanorBaggins]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email