Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
drunken_elf
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Has anyone actually met one of the cast/crew?
on: January 09, 2004 01:34
Yes, well, I'm a little jealous now (especially of all of you who've met Billy...ahhhh)....but I've come close...In December I was in Wellington for the ROTK world premiere (not inside - just one of the crazy people lining the red carpet ). We were there for the Saturday, Sunday and Monday (premiere was on monday). On the Saturday we went to Howard Shore's LOTR symphony - and many of the cast and crew were there! We saw a few of them walking in, including Elijah, Sean Astin, Andy, John Rhys Davies, Dan and Chris Hennah, and BILLY! We are huge Billy fans, and he waved at us, which was pretty cool (we insist that there was eye contact ). During the intermission John Rhys Davies, Bernard and Alan Lee were mingling with the audience, happy to chat to people and sign autographs - unfortunately there was a rather large crush, so I didn't get to tell John how much I loved Gimli . PJ was sitting above us, in the balcony. The concert was great - and we got a big surprise when Viggo arrived on the balcony and sung! Amazing!

While we were sightseeing in Wellington (I'm from Australia) we visited the Chocolate Fish Cafe on the Sunday, only to hear that Orlando and Ian had been there the day before! At the premiere we were lucky enough to get Viggo's autograph, and we saw all the stars walking past...Alas, I didn't meet Billy as I'd hoped, but oh well...I can dream .

And at the moment Ian McKellen is in Sydney, doing his play "Dance of Death"..but of course, I live interstate, where no-one ever bothers to come see us ...Oh well...After all, they are just people I suppose.
legolas_fan_forever
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2004 03:58
*sigh* Unfortunitly, I haven't been lucky enough to. I live in Alberta, Canada and NOTHING ever happens here! No awards shows or anything that might have the stars come here. Maybe I'll meet them one day...until then I'll just have to settle for day dreaming about Orli...
JanwiseGamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2004 05:43
Hello to all! I saw this interesting topic and read everyones cool experiences so I had to put in my own . Last summer at the fourth of July we had a parade and a fireworks show in my small town in Indiana in which I live. That night at the fireworks show I had to work directing cars to park at the fairgrounds where they were held (we're talking orange reflector vest, everything- hehe). And who's car should drive by but Sean Astin! I had to investigate to be sure, so my friend directed the cars while I ran across the field (there are many fields in Indiana.......) and arrived huffing and puffing to meet him. He was very polite and nice despite my disheveled state (haha). I mean, I was all out of breath and gasping for air and shaking of nervousness. But he asked my name and I told him my favorite part and hugged him and shook his hand and didn't wash my shirt for months after. Anyways, I realized his whole family was standing there staring so I left them alone heh, but I won't ever forget the strange coincidence that happened that night.

Love all, Janwise Gamgee

[Edited on 30/1/2004 by JanwiseGamgee]
luvlijah
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2004 12:20
:cry: As of yet I haven't met any of the characters. Hehe, I met Michael Jordon a few years ago, if that makes a difference . Anyway, I live in plain ole USA and I doubt any of the famous acters/actresses are interested in coming here. And I don't see myself going to California any time soon :cry: . Heh, I will eventually tho. I HAVE to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blush: hehe
Elfie
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2004 01:26
:cry: This thread is very depressing. :cry: I had a dream that I met David Wenham. He was in my school theatre. He held my hand and kissed my cheek. Wow. Though he was there with his girlfriend. Then I went over to my friend Kelly's house and who else was there but Orlando, Cate, Viggo, Dom, Billy, Sean A. Sean B, Ian, Christopher Lee, PJ, Fran, Andy, Craig, Hugo and the rest. I got a kiss from each of the guys. And I got autographs. They were so cool. Kelly passed out when she saw Orlando though. :cry::cry::cry: I wish this could be real,
Mirkwood_Elves
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2004 07:31
I went to the World Premiere of ROTK. I got David Wenham, Sean Bean, Sean Astin, Elijah Wood, Billy Boyd, Dominic Monaghan, Orlando Bloom, Miranda Otto, and Viggo Mortensen's autographs. I got to see the rest of them, too!
Elijhasgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2004 10:55
I met Sean Astin with some of my family at Comic-con San Diego 2003! My mom did all the talking 'cause i was really shy!!!
I did get his autograph though! I could have met Elijah wood,Billy Boyd,Dominic Monaghan,and also Andy Serkis but didn't find out they where there until a month after!! I am still blaming my mom about it! Lol i wish i could meet all the cast someday! i am going to NZ in march. Maybe i will see someone there! Please Pm me i am new and would like io meet some of you and if any of you live in San diego you must tell me!!!!!!

Quote from Sean Astin!!!!!!: He said" You have a lovley smile"
(don't mean to brag i was so excited!!!!!!!!)

Mirkwood_Elves you are so lucky!!!!!!!! I only have dreams about meeting the cast! Once i had a dream i was Sean Astins niece! I wonder if any of the cast would visit this site! that would be soooooooo cool!
Pippins_Diamond
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2004 03:28
Wow!
I'm so amazed that none of you have met Orlando!! I did! I actually won a contest to meet a cast member, and I was suppose to meet Dom:love::love::love::love: But he had to cancle(sp) BUT I did talk to him on the phone!:love: anyways, since he cancled I meet with Orlando and I thought it was a 1 day thing, but they said since I was cancled on I got to spend 24 full hours with Orlando! SO I woke up,spent 4 hours getting ready went to the resturaunt(it was closed down because of so many fan girls!) we met, we talked, and ate then we got to go where ever, which he picked to go surfing!
It was awsome, hes a good surfer! Then he took me home I went to bed and the next mornin we went for breakfast, then
to a movie (the two towers) ate lunch and talked about all the filming he had to do for the two towers. Finally we finished
lunch I got his autograph, a hug, and a kiss then we both left!

P.S. I am so not trying to brag but you all asked!
FaramirsGirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2004 06:53
I have met a few.....But none of the mains I am afraid..

I have met Paul Norell who portrayed the leader of the Dead army. He tutored me for a television acting course that I participated in last year

I have also met John Leigh, who played Hama in The Two Towers. I was in a movie with him at the end of last year ( I was an extra in a couple of scenes with him)

I also saw Craig Parker in a hotel foyer in Auckland, he was walking one way and I the other so we shared the same space, albeit briefly.

As an aside, I saw Craig on stage in the "Rocky Horror Picture Show" last year. He played the Narrator and I can report that he looks VERY good in stockings, suspenders and high heels!!
CailinnElanesse
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 08:57
Wow!
I'm so amazed that none of you have met Orlando!! I did! I actually won a contest to meet a cast member, and I was suppose to meet Dom:love::love::love::love: But he had to cancle(sp) BUT I did talk to him on the phone!:love: anyways, since he cancled I meet with Orlando and I thought it was a 1 day thing, but they said since I was cancled on I got to spend 24 full hours with Orlando! SO I woke up,spent 4 hours getting ready went to the resturaunt(it was closed down because of so many fan girls!) we met, we talked, and ate then we got to go where ever, which he picked to go surfing!
It was awsome, hes a good surfer! Then he took me home I went to bed and the next mornin we went for breakfast, then
to a movie (the two towers) ate lunch and talked about all the filming he had to do for the two towers. Finally we finished
lunch I got his autograph, a hug, and a kiss then we both left!

P.S. I am so not trying to brag but you all asked!

Wow, Pippins_Diamond, that must have been fun!! *is jealous*

So you got to talk on the phone with Dom?:love: Way cool!
Nazgul7
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 08:19
*stares blankly* my life is so... very... depressing and LOTR experienceless :cry:
Al
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2004 08:58
I MET BILLY BOYD!

this is extreemely depressing . you lucky lucky people! the ones i would really want to meet, if i could do it w/out fainting which i have never done but im sure i would, are billy, elijah, orlando (of course), and miranda. i would also like to meet liv tyler. but i rather doubt i will. i do want to go into makeup artistry, so maybe one day i'll do makeup for one of them, after all, one can always dream .
Donut_Lord
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 05:02
WAH! SO many people who've met the actors... Fat chance I'll ever meet my favorite (BILLY!!!) or even one a don't like. I live in Florida, but not the celebrity attracting beach-y part, but the horrid panhandle where everyone (but me- I fake a scottish accent) talks like a redneck, and old timers talk about how this place could almost count as a chunk of Alabama. Not to mention the Boggy Country and Confederate flag bumper stickers...
iLikeLOTRaLittle2much
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 06:06
I live in Florida, but not the celebrity attracting beach-y part, but the horrid panhandle where everyone (but me- I fake a scottish accent) talks like a redneck, and old timers talk about how this place could almost count as a chunk of Alabama.

Hey now... I talk like a red-neck and I am from Alabama! It's not so bad, really. *shruggeth*
glory2glorfindel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2004 07:13
*heavy sigh* you guys... the ones that aren't saying what i'm saying... are so lucky! i've never had a dream of lotr, or met in real life... though i suppose i had one dream fi you count this one, but it was karl urban (eomer) (not as eomer) staring at me the entire time, and me just staring back... a wierd combination of boring as heck and breathtaking.. he's got beautiful eyes! it was actually an image from a pic, so his eyes really are beautiful. i wish... i can't even say, in my dreams... :cry:
in the middle of a hippy-ish remnant land.. boulder co... isn't exactly the best place to meet celebs, even if we have the mindy and mork (or whatever) house. though, i suppose they've probably gone to denver at one time or another....
Mrs_Bloom03
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2004 08:24
i met them @ the llondon rotk premiere and they were all really nice spesh dom and billy i woz a bit gutted that orlando and elijah werent there but i got a few of there autographs:heart:
Eressëa
Melkor's Apprentice
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 10:38
I've walked only few paces from Gandalf once I was in Canada, and oh, I saw Viggo Mortense, Bernard Hill, Andy Serkis and John Rhys-Davies (plus Alan Lee and Peter Jackson) at the Galla Premiere of RotK in Copenhagen
Lotr_Fanatic690
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2004 12:40
I once had a dream that I went to Orlando's birthday party and we were great friends. We stuck together the whole day and at the end I said thanks a whole lot! I started to walk away then I came running back to hug him. He hugged as tight as I hugged him. When I woke up I tried to fall back to sleep to redream it but I couldnt fall back to sleep. And no I havent seen anyone from the cast but still dreaming.
dark_lord
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2004 07:14
I think I'm never going to meet anyone of the cast...I want so badly to meet Elijah, Dom, and Billy!...but I live in a little country in the middle of no where called Costa Rica:cry:
LadyEowyn_Of_Rohan
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: February 28, 2004 10:43
I had a dream I was stuck in a train with the whole cast, and it broke down, so we all sat in a circle on the floor and started talking for hours...I woke up so mad!! IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN REAL!

After that dream, it became my personal mission to gather all the cast together and have them all take a train with me. I don't know how I'd make the train break down, but I will...you just wait and see!!

Wow! Someone else who has weird cast dreams!

Wow! Two other people who have weird cast dreams! I'm constantly having weird cast dreams, but the weirdest one was probably... um... the one where this guy who looked exactly like Orlando Bloom was a student teacher at my school. I mentioned that to my friend; she just said I saw LOTR cast members everywhere. I figured she was right, and mentioned something insulting about Orlando Bloom and elves. The student teacher heard me, and said he really was Orlando Bloom and he was an elf and told me all about what he did after the war of the ring. Of course, I was mortified because I just insulted him and woke up crying.
Mango
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 11:11
Hey folks, I never thought I would ever meet any LOTR cast until Craig Parker and Mark Ferguson came to England, Birmingham to be exact in November 2003. Though I live in Belfast, my mum agreed that we could go to the event that the guys were at - Memorabilia. Both the lads are so lovely and so down-to-earth and really take their time with you.:love: If they ever head your way, I seriously recommend you try and meet them and believe me, the whole experience is still memorable 4 months (already?) on!
Mango
*´¨ ¸.•´¸.•*´¨ ¸.•*¨ (¸.•´ (¸.• Linz
kiraIfalmalinnar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2004 04:27
I was friends with a friend of Bebe Buell long ago and met her a few times, including once with Liv when she was maybe 8 or 9. I don't recall much about Liv except the she was quiet and very pretty like her mom. She seemed well-adjusted & quite together for a kid. Interestingly I also met Steve Tyler a few times, but before anyone (including Liv) knew he was her dad.

Not much of a story, sorry, but that's my only cast experience. I was in a recording studio with Howard Shore - funny and of course brilliant.
pippin01_2004
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2004 01:04
I have been rather lucky to be honest
I went to the BAFTAS in London this year and saw Ian Mckellen and Pater Jackson - I got Peters autograph and thanked him for the journey he has taken us all on
Ian walked past really quickly but I did shake his hand as he went past. Billy Boyd was also there but he did not come over to our side of the crowd

I also went to the ROTK premier and saw BIlly, Dom and Viggo but not to talk to or get photos

BUT
Yesterday I met Billy Boyd, Andy Serkis and John RD - they were all lovely and I had my pic taken with them all and had small chats with them
Andy did a charity aunction as Gollom which was really excellent

Lisa
Frosty_Lily
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2004 10:53
This probably doesn't count but I'll say it anyway so that I don't seem like the most boring person in the world who lives in the most boring place in the world: High Wycombe - the land of chairs! (fun, no?) In England.
Anyway, One of the girls in my school met Orlando Bloom (she was the mini elizabeth swan at the start of PotC.
I have yet to encounter a member of the cast :cry all the people who have met someone are so lucky.
LuthienTinuvel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 02:36
I have never met anyone and probably never will. I live no where close to New Zealand,Scotland,London or any big city in the U.S. I just live in a little far cornor on the universe where I will meet no one. *sniffs.*

Then there are two of us...........:cry:

no, there are three of us. :cry:
LuthienTinuvel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 02:52
I had a dream that Viggo Mortensen and Orlando Bloom came to my school and during Math class Orlando Bloom kissed me! Alas that it was a dream! I wish it would come true!:cry:
keylei_of_mirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 03:02
ummmm... my friend said i look like orlando bloom except a bit more feminine than he already is (im a girl by the way) freaky! DOES THAT COUNT? actually, my plan is that if i ever do see a cast member and noone knows their there and there is a piano nearby then i will make eye contact with them and at the same time play with one hand a part from the song "the black rider" (my mind is numb) That would freak them out because i have a tendency to fall alsleep the way elves do, with my eyes open and in whatever position! (its kinda mean, but i like freaking people out and then making them laugh.) Unfortunately I have not met a c.m. yet in person! opps, wrong smilie! uh...:cry: okay!
keylei
(ITS NOT AN ELVISH NAME)
Alatriëlle
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2004 03:12
I saw Sean B in Macbeth... but I don't think that constitutes a MEETING as such I did spot his tattoo though!

really?!!??! what kind of tattoo? ive been dying to know this!
honerbright
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 04:24
i havent meet anyone from lotr (sadley)
BUT my old horse was in lotr before i go ther, and my old ponies paddock mate was also in lotr but had to come home coz she got injured.
also, my sister in laws aunt was on the red carpet and didnt relize!! she was walking along wondering why there were so many people yelling out 'Orlando' lmao.
anywho, if i could meet anyone from the cast, it would definatly be Dominic Monaghan:love: then Andy Serkis.
~*~Gemz~*~
~One_of_the_Dunedain~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2004 06:34

I'm still waiting to meet Miranda Otto... :heart:

Me too! but sadly I'm one of the people who lives in a little cranny on the other side of the universe where I'll meet no one:cry:
honerbright
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 12:00
wait, i take back my last post, turns out i have met someone from the cast, i was just too young to remember!! lmao.
Turns out i met Craig Parker at a school thing, he was the leader of my brothers group (i dont know what kinda group) my mum said he was really stuck up, but she reckons it was coz he was still on 'Shortland Street' ( NZ TV program) at the time. lol.
~*~Gemz~*~
horsesforme
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2004 02:21
my friend's brother is an acter and before he was working with Ian mckellan. she met him and he brought her a cookie (it was before lotr) wierd but cool......
RivendellMaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2004 07:33
Never met anyone of them but I moved here to England in Dec and hoping theyre is going to be an expo sometime in the future with any of them there. I missed one last month I think in London with Andy there.
kunamagreenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2004 12:39
none of you can top this..
im a singaporean living in shanghai (where the sun never shines)..and actually the lotr exhibition is going to singapore, but i can't get back in time for that :cry:
ok, shanghai, try beating that for a place where lotr is non-existent..can't even get posters or anything here, and return just came out this month in cinemas...yea, cant get very much stuff here, let alone meet any of the cast members.

cheers
Vale_Undomiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2004 12:02
those of u who met sumone is soooo lucky...me myself, livin in borin italy i have never met anyone...there was the premiere of Hidalgo last month but it was in Rome while i am in Milan so that was impossible for me to even try and meet WONDERFUL Viggo...well...but if dreams count i met Dom last nite and my daydreams are always Viggo-full!lol!but im soooo sad i never got to meet him...sigh sigh
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email