Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First1415161718Last >>
Author Topic:
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: YYH2: The New Reikai Tantei (please pm to join)
on: January 01, 2004 06:41
Jeanne nodded but stayed silent listening to all that was being said. She couldn't help it but she had such a bad feeling that somethings here were going terribly wrong here in the Maikai world. She didn't know how or why but she knew she had to find out and soon...
She bowed graciously to their host and was shown a room for her and Ryoukinshin.

[Edited on 3/1/2004 by eldir]
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 08, 2004 01:32
Hotaru followed Yanagi and Eriko down a hallway, both of them seemed kinda quiet, which was strange for the brother and sister.
"I'm glad to see you," Hotaru said, shyly, she wasn't as acostomed to the Urameshi kids as she was Kurama's children, but still, they'd always gotten along just fine. Then, without really thinking it through (she seemed to be doing a lot fo that lately) she said.
"I missed you guys."

[Edited on 9/1/2004 by maeghin]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2004 07:49
Botan paused at the door leading to the room that Heie was in. She could tell he was thinking hard and she did not want to intrude. Also, to tell the truth, she wasn't sure what to say to him. She couldn't imagine the pain he was going through now; If she ever lost Kurama...

Botan pushed away her thoughts and stepped so that Heie could see her and acknowledge her when he felt like doing so.

Haku saw Maiko in the hall way and walked up to her.

"Hey, you all right?" he asked. "You look a bit haggard."

Chie shivered. They had just reached one of the border patrol sights and in the light of the torches Jin and Chuu had lit becuase of the dark night, it was not a pretty picture.

The fort that had been set up was torn down, it's lumber and stone scattered. Plant life around had been slashed or burned; and corpses littered the ground. Moans of the wounded could be heard nearby from a temporary tent that had been hurriedly set up.

That was where she was supposed to go. If she could get her feet to move that is.

She had promised her father that she could do this...and her skills where needed. Gritting her teeth and shutting her eyes, she stepped forward.

'Just block it all out, like when we trained.' she thought. 'Just think about what needs to be done...not how much they are suffering.'

She opened her eyes and stepped into the tent. A tall, haggard looking demon with grey skin and black hair seemed to be in charge. Chie walked up to him. "What can I do?" she asked bravely.

"Ceaser." Kurama called his son and beckoned him forward. The boy walked up to him.

"Yes, father?"

"This place was attacked by the same group that attacked us several hours ago." Kurama said. "The fort was destroyed and it looks like at least half the patrol are dead. I need someone to take a report back to Yomi; can you do this for me?"
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2004 08:09
"So...", Jeanne began as the two of them entered their room, "What's the plan for now?" Jeanne was worried as she looked up to see Ryoukinshin looking out of the window watching the battles that were taking place very close by... "Ryou?"
Evelyn_Hope
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2004 01:20
Maiko had just left from her talk with Heie and was rubbing her forehead, which felt like it was on fire when Haku came up to her and she jumped just slightly when he spoke to her. She just put on a smile and looked at him,

"I'm fine Haku. I'm just tired that's all. The visions are starting to get to me and hurt even more with each one that comes. I just need a peaceful night of sleep, but with everything going on its hard to even think. I just need sometime alone." She rubbed her temples and felt a familiar touch at her mind's door. It was her dad,
Hi Daddy, what do you need?
Hi sweetheart. I needed to know if you'd seen anything wierd in Muruko's territory?
How do you define wierd dad?
You know what I mean.
Yes. I know what you mean. No I haven't seen anything wierd, but tensions are high and tempers are flaring here. Everyone's on edge, no one can seem to get decent sleep. How's everyone there? Did Eriko and Yanagi arrive yet?
Yes. Thier here. They have been for a few days. It's to be expected that everyone's on edge. Just take care of yourself, sweetheart. Stick with your friends. Love you.
That's when she felt the touch of her dad leave her mind. She closed her eyes and when she opened them she felt Haku staring at her,
"My dad's with Yuseke. Eriko and Yanagi made it there safely. I'm going to lay down." She turned and went to her room.
~~~~~~~
Caesar had been called over by his father and his dad had asked him to run a message back to Yomi. He nodded and said,
"Sure thing father. Just tell me what you want me to say to him and I'll leave as soon as I can." He set his face and had feeling that his dad was worried about something but pushed it away from his mind...
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2004 02:50
Yanagi was taken a back, he didn't really expect that to come from Hotaru so he was left with nothing to say. Eriko though smiled at Hotaru,"We missed you too Hotaru."
"Yea.."Yanagi said giving a half smile. It wasn't long before they reached Hotaru's room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heie stood in thought after Maiko left. He was deep in thought and it took him a few moments to even realize there was another presence in the room. He looked over towards the blue haired woman.

"I did not expect you to come Botan."

[Edited on 15/1/2004 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2004 06:46
"Good." Kurama said, then paused to gather his thoughts. "Tell Yomi that we intercepted a small unknown army of demons and were able to destroy them. However, they have destroyed the second border patrol. We need more men down here as well as supplies; part of the wall is broken and we may not be able to hold it if there is a second attack." Kurama took a breath. "Can you remember that all, Ceaser?"

The boy nodded. Kurama smiled. "Good. A safe and swift journey to you then."

Haku watched her walk away to her room and sighed as he turned. He felt...well, rather helpless here.

He decided to take a walk and at least familiarize himself with the fortress.

"I thought you might need help with...well, with somethings." Botan said, feeling uncomfortable and intrusive. "I thought, I could maybe watch over things for you - No, I mean the household things, that's what I meant." she bit her lip. How much more clumsy could she get?

Ryoukinshin turned at his wife's call. "I am worried." he admitted. "About the children."

He sat down next to her. "They are still cubs and they've been thrown into this so suddenly. I have to admit that I've become very fond of all of them and I hope that they are doing well."

[Edited on 15/1/2004 by maeghin]
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2004 10:57
Jeanne leaned up against him as she spoke, "I'm worried about them too. But we both knew about this... I guess we just weren't ready for it when it came to it.." She began to wonder when the two of them should soon talk about her problem of either chosing him and continuing her mission...
Evelyn_Hope
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2004 02:34
Maiko just walked to her room and closed the door, then over to her bed and just laid down, closing her eyes, trying to get some sleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~
Caesar repeated the message to himself then left to go find a fresh mount that was ready for him. He saw Shura and just glanced at the demon boy, then went on his way. as he sped his mount back towards where Yomi was, he got a very bad feeling running up his back....

(I'm out of time. I'll write more later.))
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2004 09:59
Ryou nodded. "Is there something else you need to talk about?" he asked quietly.

Yomi put down the letter he had just recieved from Enki. It invited the lords of Makai to a conference. No, not invite...polite as it was worded, Yomi knew that Enki meant this as an order and it would go ill with him should he choose to disobey.

[Edited on 1/20/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2004 05:20
Hotaru nodded to her freinds, and was once again left alone, or so she thought.
"Good evening," a voice said from the window. Hotaru spun to see Aljin resting in the windowsill, silently gazing at the stars as they began to wink into life in the sky.
"Hello," Hotaru said to him, coming to join him in the windowsill, the ends of her black dress fluttering in the breeze.
"I didn't know that you could come here," Aljin just shrugged. After a few moments of watching the stars, Hotaru spoke once more. "Did you come to see me for a reason, or was it just for the stimulating conversation?"
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 08:10
Jeanne didn't know what to say or do next. She looked up at Ryou hoping she could put in someway or another how she was feeling. She got up and walked a bit leaving Ryou on the bed. "Its just that... well... my mission. I'm afraid if I don't continue on with it that well... other dimension may have the same result as mine did. But I love you Ryou and I can't bare to think of not being by your side. But the mission...", she said as tears began to well in her eyes...

[Edited on 22/1/2004 by Abraon]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 09:51
Ryou got up and came up behind her, putting his arms around her. "After this is over; this war, I won't have anything to keep me here." he rested his chin on her head. "Why can't I simply come with you? Two on this mission would be better than one carrying the burden alone."

Haku was walking along a hallway, slightly lost. He had a vague idea of where he was, but wasn't sure.

Walking into a seemingly empty room, he paused. Taski was seated on one of the wide stone window sills, looking out. Haku wondered if he should leave or try to approach her.

"Yomi, sir, there's a message from Kurama." a demon said. Yomi turned as Ceaser walked into the room.

"Well, boy?" Yomi said, waiting for Ceaser to tell him what the message was.

Chie sank down on to a cot that had been offered her. She felt exhausted and a little dizzy from all the energy she had spent. Curling up into a ball, her violet eyes closed and she was asleep within minutes.

A blanket was lowered over her. Shura paused to study Chei's face, then hesitantly tucked some of her red hair behind her ear. He turned away and walked out of the tent.
Evelyn_Hope
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2004 10:50
Caesar came before Yomi and tried his best to relate the message just as his dad had said,
"When we left here we intercepted a small unknown army of demons and were able to destroy them. However, they have destroyed the second border patrol. We need more men down there as well as supplies; part of the wall is broken and we may not be able to hold it if there is a second attack. That's all my dad told me to tell you." He wiated for a reply to take back to his dad...

[Edited on 23/1/2004 by Abraon]
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 06:59
Aljin smiled slightly,"A liitle bit of both I suppose." He looked back out to the night. There was a few moments of silence before he asked,"Hotaru do you know..how your father died?" He turned his dark eyes back to her.
"A little bit."
He nodded and again went quiet, as if he was deep in thought. "Would you like to know Hotaru?

(I hope that was all right.)

Taski sensed Haku's presence behind her in the room. She turned slightly to look at him. "Are you lost Haku?"

Heie didn't even smirk at what Botan said, in normal circumstances he would have but this was different. He nodded,"Only if you want too. There are many..household thing to take care of but if you feel you must help go ahead."

[Edited on 24/1/2004 by Sillende]
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2004 08:52
(((That's great Sillende!)))
Hotaru looked up at the demon sitting in her window sill. He was so dark, and mysterious, and yet somehow, he made her feel safe.
"Yes, I would like to know," she told him.
"It may be painful for you to hear," he warned.
"No, i want to know," she told him. "The world isn't as painful when I'm with you."
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 05:22
He smiled his usual slight smile at her words. 'Foolish girl,' he couldn't help thinking but when he looked at her he could tell she really did mean it. It wouldn't be so hard as he though since now he gained her trust.
"The one you live with, Kurama isn't it?"
Hotaru nodded,"He was partners with my father."
"He was also there when your father died I assume."
"Yes."
Aljin gave a sigh as if he was truely sorry to tell her this. "It was Kurama's fault that your father was killed. He knew he could have gone back to save Kourune but he left him to die and escaped to human world to save himself."
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2004 10:53
Hotaru's eyes widened at Aljin's words, she silently shook her head. "No," she said, confused. "Kurama wouldn't do that... he's a good person..."
"What he is, and what he apears to be are two very different things," Aljin said. "You must remember that Kurama is a fox, a trickster, a lair, and a traitor. He would do anything to save his own skin." Hotaru felt a renching in her heart, was it true, had Kurama's care all been a ruse, another plot?
"But, then, Kurama is...a..."
"Murderer," ALjin finished for her. Hotaru buried her face in her hands.
"I just don't understand," she whispered.

[Edited on 26/1/2004 by Abraon]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 09:16
(Great job Sil and KG! This is turning out well. ^__^)

Botan nodded in acceptance of Heie's words, but her violet eyes showed her sadness. The woman turned away, then paused.

"I don't know how to say this..." she began softly. "I didn't know Mukuro very well at all...but I am sorry that you lost her. I know I cannot say anything to ease your pain, but I can assure you that someday you may see her again in the afterlife. I hope that you do, Heie." And with that, she quietly left the room. The first thing to do would be to see Mukuro's body and make sure it was ready for burial..and then there was the actual burial to worry about as well...

Yomi was quiet for a moment, then stood. "You'd best go get something to eat and rest for a bit. I'll send a squad of men down with you and some supplies. But when you return, tell your father he needs to come back here straight away, understand?"

Haku smiled a little. "Well...yeah..." he admitted. "This place is pretty big; I thought I had a good memory...but maybe I'm just better at memorizing attacks instead of buildings." he ended jokingly

Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 09:36
Jeanne turn staring wide eyed at Ryou. "You... you would come with me?", she asked as tears streamed down her face even more...
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 11:03
Taski shook her head slightly hiding the small smile that pulled at the corners of her lips. "It's good that you can admit that to yourself."

She slid off the broad window sill and walked towards him. "Well you don't seem to have anywhere else to go you might as well come with me." She walked out of the room and stopped for Haku to catch up with her.

They walked down the hall way Taski slightly in the lead. They walked down a few few flights of steps and came to a big wooden door. Taski opened up to reveal the wall top. She stepped outside and Haku followed after and she closed the door.

She sat on the edge of the wall looking up at again at the sky. Unexpectedly she said softly,"Haku, I don't know why but I really am glad you're here."

Aljin embraced her gently and then held her by the shoulder's at arms length, looking her in the eye. "I know how hard this must be learning someone you trust wasn't really someone you thought they were."

He paused as if going though an experience he had had very similar to hers. "If it helps you can always count on to be someone you can trust."
Evelyn_Hope
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2004 01:00
Caesar nodded and followed a valet to the kitchen to get something to eat. He didn't want to rest because of a feeling he had gotten on the way here. After he finished the food the cook gave him he sensed a fairly large group coming this way from the hallway. Oh well. I just want ot get this overwith.

((That's all for now. I'm sick and don't feel good so I don't know when I'll be on again, hopefully tommorow but one never knows.))

[Edited on 27/1/2004 by Abraon]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 07:08
(OOC: Sorry Ev! I hope you are better soon!)

Haku looked at Taski. The demon girl's eyes were still fixed at the sky, her face quietly blank, as if she hadn't spoken. He sighed a little and leaned against the wall next to where she sat.

"Taski."

She turned to look at him. Haku's blue-green eyes met her red ones. "I just want to let you know that I.." he trailed off.

'Blast, I don't have any idea of how to say this.' he thought, looking away.

"I'm not going to go anywhere anytime soon, okay?" he said, resting his head on his folded arms. "So...if you need something...I'll be here."

Ryou smiled and wiped away Jeanne's tears. "Why would I not?" he asked softly.

Chie woke up, starled out of sleep by a dream. She couldn't remember what it was; it was just a muddle right now. Pushing the blanket off, she turned and walked to the entrance of the tent. How long had she slept?

Drawing the entry way aside, she looked out. There was a mist about the ground and it was getting chilly outside. She saw demons passing by; some carried more wounded; others were clearing away derbis. Chie spotted Kurama on the edge of what remained of the fort's wall, sitting with his back towards the makeshift camp.

The small girl walked over and climbed up to where he was. "Papa?"

Kurama turned. His face was somewhat weary, but it cleared when he saw her and he smiled. "Hello, princess."

Chie smiled unsurely as she sat down next to him; Kurama hadn't called her that for a long time. She leaned her head against his arm. Kurama turned back to look at the forest beyond.

"What land is that?" Chei asked.

"Mukuro's territory." Kurama said quietly. "It runs up against Yomi's till it reaches Yusuke's in the east and Enki's; which is in the middle."

"This is where that army came from, huh?"

"Yes." Kurama answered, but didn't say more. He was worried about that fact. Mukuro was known to keep a tight rien on the affairs of her territories. Surely an unkown army would be challenged by Heie at least...In his heart, Kurama felt something terrible had happened.
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 11:05
"Well I thought... oh Ryou...", Jeanne began but couldn't finish as she buried her face into his chest and began to cry even more...
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 01:37
Hotaru looked up at the taller demon, nodding her head.
"Thank you," she whispered. "I'm glad I can trust you, it seems your the only one i can trust now." She buried her face in her arms once more, then suddenly brought her fist down on the windowsill, hard.
"Hotaru?" Aljin asked. She rasied her head, something different in her eyes.
"I want him dead Aljin," she said quietly. "If he thinks he's going to get away with this, he's wrong. Kurama is going to die."
"I can help you," Aljin said, taking her slender hand in his.
"How?" Hotaru asked.
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2004 03:40
Taski let a small smile show but it was gone as quickly as it had come. She stood up from the wall and began to walk towards the door leading back in.
"Come on, I want to see how good you've gotten on your attacks since I've been away." She hadn't really practiced in awhile although a few days wouldn't seem long for others it did for her. She also just needed something to keep her mind off things.

"I can help you get revenge but there is one condition,"Aljin replied.

"What is it?"

"You must also help me. Don't worry the things I ask you to do will not delay you in getting what you want. If anything it will quicken things. Do you agree?"
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 10:27
Haku grinned slightly at the challenging note in Taski's voice. "All right." he agreed easily and followed her to a courtyard that was wide enough for them to practice.

"Swords?" he asked as they faced off. Taski shrugged slightly, drawing her own weapon. Haku took a seed from the small pouch he kept on his belt and held it in his hand. There was a slight glow and a leaf blade grew, some of it vines reaching out to wrap securly around Haku's arm.

"Let's go." he said quietly and the they took off towards each other.

Ryoukinshin held Jeanne and let her weep. For now, the two of them had some peace...but he felt war would come too soon.

Evelyn_Hope
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 02:19
((Thanks Jaid. I fell better but then again there are times I want to stay home and sleep, especially after watching Inu Yasha at midnight. ^__^))

Caesar and the group of soilders with the supplies were heading back to where his dad was waiting. It was getting really late by the time he could faintly sense his dad's group and the rest of the encampment..
~~~~~~~
Maiko had gone back to her room and was streching while doing some ecersices Hotaru had taught her. She stopped when she felt Haku and Taski outside. Luckily for her, she was able to watch them. She smiled slightly when a thought hit her. Could it be possible that they like each other? Its easy to see on Haku's face but Taski's another thing. I thought I did see her blush when we first arrived but I might just be mistaken. Wierd of all of us I didn't expect those two to hit off until much later. I wonder if anyone else has noticed. Doubt it. Yanagi's too busy trying to keep Eriko from hitting, and I don't think Chei and Caesar have noticed at all. Once her thoughts landed on Caesar she felt her face blush slightly but it was hard to notice.

((That's all for now. Once my brain clears I'll write more.))
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2004 05:22
Hotaru smiled sadly at Aljin.
"Of course I'll help you," she told him. "You're the only friend i've got."

(((Gah, sorry short post, sooo much homework...)))

[Edited on 1/29/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Frodoslover
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2004 12:20
(I know what you mean, Evelyn. Catchin' InuYasha at midnight every night really puts a damper on your sleeping schedule... but then again gotta do what you can to watch InuYasha)
Jeanne finished weeping and soon enough was feeling the oncoming war as well. Before either one of them could continue to dwell on the matter, they both laid on the bed and soon enough fell asleep...
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 06:57
Kurama stood as Ceaser reappeared. There was a half-hearted cheer from his men when they saw the supplies and other soldiers. Kurama lept gracefully down from the wall reamains he had been sitting on and Chie followed.

Ceaser had dismounted and was quickly walking towards his father. Kurama looked at him. "What did Yomi have to say?"

Evelyn_Hope
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2004 12:44
((Yep!!! It's nice but I mostly tape it now, other than tuesday nights, b/c I have a 2hr. late start on wednsdays.))

Caesar dismounted and walked over to his dad,

"What did Yomi have to say?"

"He said that these are the soilders and the supplies but he wasnts you back ASAP. I think that something might be wrong." He saw his dad was thinking about it but couldn't get the feeling of a bad thing coming out of his mind...

[Edited on 4/2/2004 by Abraon]
Jaid_Skywalker
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2004 12:41
Kurama was quiet. "All right." he blew out a breath, trying to think. "Ceaser, I'm going to leave you here with Chie and the men. If anything should happen, I want you to get her out of here immediately, understand?"

The boy nodded.

"Good. I probably should get back to the fortress and see what Yomi wants. I'll try to be as quick as I can getting back here." His face relaxed as he looked at both his children. "You two have done very well; I'm proud of both of you."

Meilan, Yusuke's steward came into his study. "Sir, a message from King Enki has just arrived."

Yusuke looked up and held out a hand. Meilan put a letter into it. Yusuke quickly scanned it.

"Will you attend the meeting, sir?"

Haku and Taski had paused in their fight; it had been serious. Haku was bleeding from a minor cut on his forehead and from his mouth. Taski had sustained at least a cracked rib from the kick he had been able to get in.

Haku was privately astonished by the energy Taski was putting into her attacks; she fought so very hard....like she was trying to forget something. Well, Haku was worn out and he had a feeling Taski just needed to get everything out. He tensed, then rushed towards her.

[Edited on 2/6/2004 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 12:03
(you know I've noticed something, we seem to like to use windowsill in our settings a lot.))

Yusuke set the letter down. There was no point in not going.

"Yes," he answered shortly. Meilan nodded and left the room.

Taski blocked Haku's oncoming attack. She was putting almost al she had into her attacks. Fighting was the only outlet she had for what she was feeling inside. This was the only way to get it out.

She did also want to see how Haku had improved, a throbbing pain in her ribs reminded her how good of a match he could be. Suddenly she heard her father's voice.

"Taski."

She immediately stopped, Haku halted in the middle of his attack. She turned to find him standing behind her in the shadows. He had been there for sometime but it seemed neither she or Haku had detected his presence.

"You should get some rest, both of you." His look was cold and serious.

"Yes, father."

Taski resheathed her blade and walked from the courtyard. Heie turned his gaze to Haku for a moment before the red head to followed after Taski.

Aljin smiled,"Thank you."

He felt someone's presence coming closer to her room.

"I have to leave but I will come back." He backed into the shadows of the window and seemed to melt and fade away. Just then a knock came at Hotaru's door and it opened slowly to reveal Yanagi.

"Oh I thought...I heard some one talking. I wanted to see if you were all right."
Kuramas_girl
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2004 05:37
Hotaru turned to Yanagi, who stood slightly uncomfortably in the doorway. She smiled silently and walked to closer to him.
"Nope, I'm the only one here tonight," she told him. "I'm fine, but thank you for your concern." Yanagi smiled back, but his eyes were confused, and a little hurt. Hotaru had seemed different earlier, but now there was something in her eyes, something cold... Hotaru reached out a hand to touch Yanagi's face, he started, but stayed in place; her hands were freezing, almost as if she were dead, and his face felt hot under her touch.
"Leave," Hotaru whispered to him. "Leave, and stay away from me, please. I don't want to hurt you." There was a stunned and pained look in Yanagi's eyes as Hotaru shut the door in his face. "I'm sorry," she whispered through the wood.

(((Okay, is that about as clear as mud? Hotaru's trying to protect Yanagi, but he thinks she's rejecting him, is that okay?)))
<< First1415161718Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email