Register

<< First7891011
Author Topic:
Kalffje
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Haldir/Craig Parker
on: August 08, 2007 02:46
Hello Ladies, bad news for the Rong*Con fans: Craig Parker won't be at the Ring*Con in Fulda, Germany.

"To everyone involved in Ringcon 07,
Please accept my sincere apologies for being unable to attend Ringcon 07. Unfortunately my schedule for the end of the year has changed and I won’t be able to get to Germany to join in the madness.
Ringcon has been a highlight of the last few years and I’m sure
Ringcon 07 will be even bigger, better and crazier than the previous ones. I wish everyone a fantastic weekend… Scream, yell, drink, dance, laugh and avoid sleep in celebration of this wonderful event and, most importantly, yourselves, who make Ringcon truly spectacular.
Lots of love,
Craig"
@Rosearialelven, 'Haldir and I even got engaged'...well, you must be a goodlooking bloke, despite your female name!

By the way, it seems mr. Parker has signed up for a long time ciontract to ther New Zealands TV Series 'Shortland Street'.
You can send your fanmail for mr. Parker to [email protected] .
And for all the fans here an interview with mr. Parker: "Fans follow Parker to Middle Earth
By JENNY MACINTYRE - Sunday Star Times | Sunday, 5 August 2007,
Lord of the Rings has given Craig Parker an international fan base which will follow him wherever he performs.

He's best known here as Guy Warner in Shortland St - but to 20 fans from Brazil and the United States, actor Craig Parker will always be an elf.
So enamoured were they with Parker's role as Haldir, the elf leader in Lord of the Rings, they're travelling half way around the world to watch him every night in a three-week run of his new Auckland show, Pillowman.

Auckland Theatre Company marketing manager Elissa Downey says overseas fans began calling the theatre in November as soon as the cast list for Pillowman, which opens on August 23, went on the website.
"We've not had anything as full-on as this before."
Downey says Parker's die-hard fans have tried for six months to get details of his private life, calling the theatre and pretending to be his friend.

As the inquiries continued, theatre staff decided they might need to revamp their security to ensure he is not accosted.
Parker, who also gained an international profile with roles in Xena -Warrior Princess and Young Hercules recently returned to Shortland St after an 11 year absence.
He laughs at his star status.
"It's very flattering," he says.

Although his part in the trilogy was small, it has taken him to so many international Lord of the Rings conventions, they "blur into random madness. The fans are eccentric, passionate and wonderfully odd people who like dressing up and putting on funny ears."

The fan phenomenon is internet driven, but it is a mystery to the 36-year-old actor who says he is a technology Luddite who only emails.

In Pillowman, written by Irishman Martin McDonagh, Parker plays a writer whose stories become gruesome facts of life when people in his town are murdered.

The play has just finished award-winning seasons on Broadway and London's West End, where the Daily Mirror described it as "one you will never forget as long as you live".

[Edited on 8/8/2007 by Rosearialelven]
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2007 04:08
@Rosearialelven, 'Haldir and I even got engaged'...well, you must be a goodlooking bloke, despite your female name!
I am not sure I understand the gist of this comment, Kalffje. Reading it, it seems that you assume I am male, or is there some other connotation.

I would be obliged if you could clarify.

Although all the information was interesting, Kalffje, it would have been more appropriate for links to have been used rather than posting what appears to be a quote from Craig *and* a full run down on 'The Pillowman', etc.

Also we have a thread on this Forum for contact info on Actors.

Contact Information

Thanks

Rosearialelven ~ Moderator

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2007 06:41
Ah Craig...I will be there someday when you go. I couldn't go this year if I wanted to, but maybe the year after. At least thats my dream.

I suppose I am one of those odd people who dress up and put on funny ears but that's just me. I love Craig, he's great.:love:
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Kalffje
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2007 07:36
Hello Rosearialelven,
Sorry :blush: , I thought it might be interesting for the fans to read this interview...Next time I'll place a link...promissed!
Concerning your question, since Craig prefers a handsome man over a beautiful woman (and I figured that was wellknown by now) I thought you were a man. (With your engagement and so :heart.
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2007 07:57
Thanks Kalffje. I must be one of those who did not know about Craig. His personal life is his own. So we'll leave it at that.

With regards to Rose and Haldir being engaged, it was in an RP and my character was female, as I am , and Haldir was male.

Thanks for answering my query and let's consider the subject closed.

Rose
Mrs_Haldir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2007 08:53
Downey says Parker's die-hard fans have tried for six months to get details of his private life, calling the theatre and pretending to be his friend.

Wow, how low can people be. :nono:

I suppose I am one of those odd people who dress up and put on funny ears but that's just me. I love Craig, he's great.:love:

lol Same here. I actually wish I had pointy ears and I mean real pointy ears.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2007 10:13
me too Mrs Haldir! One friend actually does have a point on her ears...they sort of taper at the end, I guess, and I'm so jealous!

My ears, I think, have a slight point, nothing like the elves, perhaps more of the half elf?

I can't believe people 'die hard fans' would do that to Craig! I know I never would. I feel bad for actors and actresses sometimes. They're plagued by annoying fans. They can't have a bit of privacy! So rude....
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
~LadyOfEdoras~
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2007 08:11
thanks !1isnt working now...........lol
Rulea
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2007 09:23
Thanks for the contact info and the updates.
Mrs_Haldir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2007 08:29
My ears, I think, have a slight point, nothing like the elves, perhaps more of the half elf?

lol That's cool.

I can't believe people 'die hard fans' would do that to Craig! I know I never would. I feel bad for actors and actresses sometimes. They're plagued by annoying fans. They can't have a bit of privacy! So rude....

Sounds more like die hard stalkers or something if you ask me.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2007 04:43
I agree with that Mrs Haldir. That's one thing that really ticks me off with 'fans'. I think they can wait and meet him at a movie premiere or a Ring*Con or something of that sort. Don't go and break down his door! :nono:
Mrs_Haldir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2007 02:01
At least most fans respect his privacy anyway. While on the other hand, you got some creepy people out there, like the ones we are speaking of now.
tripple_mmm
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2007 02:27
Hello Ladies, bad news for the Rong*Con fans: Craig Parker won't be at the Ring*Con in Fulda, Germany.

"To everyone involved in Ringcon 07,
Please accept my sincere apologies for being unable to attend Ringcon 07. Unfortunately my schedule for the end of the year has changed and I won’t be able to get to Germany to join in the madness.
Ringcon has been a highlight of the last few years and I’m sure
Ringcon 07 will be even bigger, better and crazier than the previous ones. I wish everyone a fantastic weekend… Scream, yell, drink, dance, laugh and avoid sleep in celebration of this wonderful event and, most importantly, yourselves, who make Ringcon truly spectacular.
Lots of love,
Craig"

thank you for this information, but if you would read a bit more carefully through the posts, you would have seen, that I've posted this information allready a month ago

Concerning your question, since Craig prefers a handsome man over a beautiful woman (and I figured that was wellknown by now)

who says that?
he never talks about his private life. so what makes you believe hes gay? the only thing he said about it was that he supports gay marriage ( http://www.parker-blue.net/civil_unions.html )
sure he could be gay, and I have no problem with that, if he would (I support gay marriage), but because he was never been seen with a girl in his arms doesnt means hes gay

I've read this article about those stalkers. poor craig. I really hate those crazy people....by the way is it just me, or does he looks on the newest picture a little bit sick??

:twitch:
Mrs_Haldir
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2007 01:40
Concerning your question, since Craig prefers a handsome man over a beautiful woman (and I figured that was wellknown by now)

who says that?
he never talks about his private life. so what makes you believe hes gay? the only thing he said about it was that he supports gay marriage ( http://www.parker-blue.net/civil_unions.html )
sure he could be gay, and I have no problem with that, if he would (I support gay marriage), but because he was never been seen with a girl in his arms doesnt means hes gay

I second that. As far as I really know, he's not currently dating anyone. Of course, he's never said if he was anyway since that is a private question he doesn't wish to share. Considering the busy life style he has, he probably doesn't have time to date. It's common among celebrities.
Even if he was gay, (I do not think he is) it wouldn't change my opinion of him. I'd still be in love with him.
I too, have no problems with gays and support gay marriage myself. They have every right to be married just like straight people.

I've read this article about those stalkers. poor craig. I really hate those crazy people....by the way is it just me, or does he looks on the newest picture a little bit sick??

:twitch:

lol I think he just looks tired to me. I mean, he has been quite busy with the play Pillowman lately.

[Edited on 26/8/2007 by Mrs_Haldir]
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: August 26, 2007 09:11
I think the photo has been taken with a wide-angle lens, so the perspective is stretched out and the proportions of the face changed. The arm and and sleeve seem a lot further forward of the face than they should be, and too large.
Mrs_Haldir
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2007 07:52
*Bump*

Hey, where did you all go?
frodofan14
CoE Volunteer & Realm Head of Manwë Súlimo
Send Message
on: December 18, 2007 11:12
i have recently become a Haldir fan and i know like nothing about him and i belive that in order to be a fan of somthing you should be an expert on it so what can you tell me about Haldir/Craig?
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2007 12:07
You have chosen well, frodo. Haldir is my favourite Elf.

Haldir is commonly known as a Marchwarden, one of the Elves who guarded the northern borders of Lothlórien.
He and his two brother, Rúmil and Orophin were the first to greet the Fellowship when they arrived at the Golden Wood.

Haldir was concerned when he learned that there was a Dwarf among the Fellowship. He insisted that everyone be blindfolded in order to allow Gimli pass into the wood. Haldir did eventually apologise to Gimli after they had arrived at Caras Galadhon. It was Haldir and his brothers who guided the Fellowship out of Lothlórien.

Although not certain, Haldir's name means either 'hidden hero' or 'tall one'. Mmmmm. His age or when he was born isn't know, I don't think, or if he had a wife.

He can't have a wife!! He's mine. Lol!!

As far as Craig is concerned, well you couldn't wish to meet a lovelier person. I had the great pleasure of meeting him and having my photo taken which him twice. Once in 2004 and then again in 2006. Both times in Manchester. The first time was at a convention at a hotel in the City Centre and it was great. Very informal with the guests mingling with the fans each evening and through the day.

Craig is gorgeous too. He has the bluest eyes. :drool:
frodofan14
Send Message
on: December 20, 2007 02:23
you...you...you... MET him?!?!?!?!?!?!? :drool:
haldir_rox
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2008 02:09
I finally got a Haldir lives no matter what P.J. says T-shirt couldn't find any half-decent ones so I made one GO ME!

family thinks I've gone mad after wearing spiffy t-shirt for 3 days straight obviously they don't understand the love that is haldir:love:. *evil family*
Mrs_Haldir
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 03, 2008 02:24
^ Oh, I envy you. I've seen those shirts before but I have know idea where you can buy one, and I want one. Hell, I'd love any shirt that had Haldir on it but they don't exist. :cry: It's not fair.

[Edited on 4/1/2008 by Mrs_Haldir]

[Edited on 4/1/2008 by Mrs_Haldir]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 06:37
Ugh, I know how you feel. I'd love to have a Haldir shirt...I think I'll have to make my own. With the same saying as the one you mentioned haldir_rox. I like that one.

My friends already think I'm insane to like him, so this should be the icing on my insane cake.

Actually my sister admitted that she thought Haldir looked good, but I quikly said, 'You can't have him! He's mine! Mine!' She got really creeped out and hasn't mentioned him since.:love:
Magoleth
Faerie Godmother of Nienna & Weeper of Nienna
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 02:00
Yes this really is me with the lovely Blue Eyes. He is just a lovely man but what is he doing now?

haldir_rox
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 07:29
"Ugh, I know how you feel. I'd love to have a Haldir shirt...I think I'll have to make my own. With the same saying as the one you mentioned

We can start a club!!

my sister admitted that she thought Haldir looked good, but I quikly said, 'You can't have him! He's mine! Mine!' She got really creeped out and hasn't mentioned him since

I swear, we must share a mind Elfmaiden that's happened to me, with both my sisters!
haldir_rox
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2008 07:55
Well Magoleth,

Craig has returned to shortland street as Guy Warner for an "extended guest appearance" sadly unless you live in New Zealand (with our dear craig) You can't watch it :sob:
as far as I am aware his has entered no other commitments to appear either on stage or television.
PrincessPana
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 08:51
Magoleth,

**speechless . . .**

He is the most breathtakingly beautiful Elf . . . :heart: A beautiful man too, I take it . .. :drool:

You Lucky lucky thing !! :love:

[Edited on 6/1/2008 by PrincessPana]
frodofan14
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 01:31
i have a question that i need desperatly to be answered. ive looked all over the internet but i cant find any info on it:

when and where did Haldir die in the books? in the movies its @ helms deep but does it ever say in the books? im not sure if they say anything about it in the HOMEs cause i havent read all of them yet, does anyone know?
PrincessPana
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 02:06
Simply put, frodofan 14, Haldir does not die in the books.

In the FOTR book , he was the first to greet the Fellowship when they arrived at the Golden Wood. He is a marchwarden of Lothlorien, and in this capacity would not let Gimli pass through Lorien until a compromise was arrived at and everyone was blindfolded. He then guided the party to Caras Galadhon. After that, he returned to his brothers, (also marchwarden's) but returns to guide the Fellowship out of Lothlórien, at their departure.

He does not appear in the TTT book, but is referred to briefly when Sam speaks of his gift of Elven rope.

He does not appear at all in the ROTK book and it is presumed (at least by me!!!) that he leaves the shores of ME with his people for the undying lands.

PJ was acting under 'Artistic licence' when he (sadly ) had Haldir killed at Helm's Deep. In fact, in the books, no battallions of Elves fight at Helm's deep, at all.

:disco: :heart: HALDIR LIVES :heart: :disco:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 03:43
LOL Haldir Rox's....how weird. Totally awesome

Yeah, Haldir just seems to disappear in the books, but he's really helping out fighting the random battles in Lorien, then he goes to the West. Simple as that.:love:
frodofan14
Send Message
on: January 06, 2008 03:46
ok thanks!
taintedmushroom1
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2008 07:20
I used to be in love with him! Dunno what happened, when I got really into LOTR the first time he and Legolas were my crushes. Gotta love them elves, eh? I later calmed down a bit, but a few years later, I'm having another one of those obsessions, though now I'm in love with Frodo. What's wrong with me? Haha.

Craig Parker's a very handsome guy though.
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2008 11:05
I love Craig Parker. He is cute. I have 3 autographs of him!!
Haldir is cute too. Too bad he dies in TTT. *still hate PJ voor this*
elvenfair1
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2008 11:12
Craig Parker is a great actor,and he made a wonderful Haldir,the fact that Haldir didnt get near enough screen time still vexes me :angry: :banghead: and the fact PJ found it neccessary to kill him off,well ..&*^%#@!
Magoleth
Faerie Godmother of Nienna & Weeper of Nienna
Send Message
on: May 23, 2008 11:10
Just a thought for you , all of you......

Craig is back in NZ and guess where they will be making the Hobbit and the follow up movie. We could see more of the lovely Elf in the second movie or even the Hobbit itself.....

Just a thought!
elvenfair1
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2008 05:42
Just a thought for you , all of you......

Craig is back in NZ and guess where they will be making the Hobbit and the follow up movie. We could see more of the lovely Elf in the second movie or even the Hobbit itself.....

Just a thought!

I LIKE the "thought!!:heart: :disco:
<< First7891011
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email