Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
GreenEyedElf
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: At the Edge of a Knife (see OOC to join)
on: November 08, 2003 02:09
“Is there some kind of exception for friends?” Ëorlas asked, looking down at Aireon with a warm smile.
He watched her beautiful crimson red hair whirl around as she turned to face him. They wrapped their arms around each other in a friendly hug, and as they parted, he saw her shy away a bit. Ëorlas wondered if he should have hugged her, but continued to smile down at her. For all the time they had been parted, it seemed as though they had only separated from they journey yesterday. The memories were still fresh in his mind, and he felt as though those times would never dim in his memory.
She took an apple out of her basket and placed it into his hand. He studied it for a moment, then took a big bite.

“How have you been of late?” Aireon asked, her bright blue eyes burning with anticipation.
He smiled and tried to talk, but the bite he took from the apple was much too large for him to form a word. He laughed as he pushed the two big slices of apple in his mouth to the sides of his cheeks, making them bulge.

"I've been great actually. You know me, always curious to see new places." he said, then quickly swallowing the apple. "How have you been? Have your parents forgiven you yet for wandering off?" he said laughing lightly, fixing the quiver on his back. Ëorlas waited for her response, but she did not answer him, for her eyes were cast to the ground, and it looked as though she was daydreaming with a bright smile on her face. He smiled, and with his hand, gently lifted her chin to look her straight in the eyes.

"I've missed you."

Without another word, his eyes drew to the attention of two men arguing outside an inn. He removed his hand from Aireon's chin, and grabbed her by the wrist.
"Come on," he said, pulling her lightly across the street toward the inn. He knew she was busy trying to sell apples, but his curiosity got the best of him once more. They walked casually into the inn and took a seat.
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: November 08, 2003 03:53
(dont worry rosie they'll be meeting up soon!)

"You're...you're not Raen." Sila whispered, realization finally dawning on her. "But you look just like him..."

"Well, despite that, I am not Raen and I never have been called Raen." Levi smiled smugly. He was completely puzzled by Lady Silamiren, but he seemed at last to be getting through to her. He shook his head amusingly.

"Who are you, then?"

"Levi." he answered simply, a crafty grin spreading across his face. Sila stared at him, Levi stared back and held her gaze. This has to be one of the most interesting kidnaps I have ever done! he thought humorously.

"I must be going insane..." she muttered.

"I thought you already were!" Levi answered incredulously, "But I think you are just beginning to regain some of your sanity by realising I am not your friend!"

He picked up his bottle of wine and offered it to her. Although he was a kidnapper, he did not always treat his captives like filth. If were a male then he would but although Levi had grown up alone on the streets he did have enough sense to respect women of higher ranking than himself.
"Would you like some more wine or are you going to smash it on the ground again? I don't have that many glasses you know!" he taunted, good-humouredly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The fight commenced as Raen, Aidem and Karay delivered punches, kicks and knife wounds to all the surrounding soldiers. Raen punched a guard in the face before quickly thrusting his dagger into his stomach. Catching sight of Karay stabbing a soldier heading his way from behind him, he winked at her in thanks.

"You men love to fight to much,"she said to Raen.

"Well you were asking for excitement by setting us free m'lady,"Raen replied, grinning craftily.

"Aye, you got me there master Raen. I suppose I do enjoy my blade being able to taste blood after a long time." Karay answered.

"And so you should!" he shouted to her as he stabbed yet another guard. Nodding to her, he turned and began to deal with an oncoming group of soldiers. He turned and kicked one hard in the stomach, reaching and stabbing the one alongside him also. Grabbing both of the falling soldier's weapons, he expertly threw them both catching two more in the neck and shoulder. Spinning to meet the last three, he strode forward and grinning came right up to a guard. He looked at him mischievously before stamping on the guard's foot, crushing it with all his strength. The guard howled and bent down to grab his foot. Raen laughed and pulled the man's sword out of its hilt, slicing it through him swiftly. Looking at the last two he threw the sword at one of them, catching him in the stomach.

Waiting for the last guard, he let him approach as he swung his sword at Raen. Raen dodged every blow and attack, dropping down and rolling rapidly on the ground, he cut the guard's trousers at the same time. Raen broke into hysterics and laughed uncontrollably as the bright red guard tried to pull his trousers up again. Jumping up, raen put his dagger to the guard's throat.
"Ah, ah! Don't even think about it!" he taunted. The guard tried to back away, but Raen merely grabbed him.

'Raen! We have more company!' Aidem shouted, gesturing to the open doors of the prison, as he sprinted over to the assassin.

Raen glanced over at the doors as he let the now dead soldier slide to the ground. He could see many guards spilling out of the doors and heading their way. He sighed, much as he enjoyed a fight there were clearly too many of them this time.

'If we don't flee now, we won't have a chance.' Aidem told him before speeding down the street. Raen knew that Aidem was right, if they did not leave they would be caught again. Looking back a little reluctantly, he grabbed Karay and raced down the street after Aidem.

Once they caught up with him, Raen called,
"Follow me! I know of a small inn on the other side of the city where we can celebrate! They won't reach there for a long time yet if they plan a search!" he flashed a quick grin before taking a sharp left down an alleyway.

When they finally arrived, Raen stopped before an old doorway. "Well here it is!" he annouced, "Drinks are on me!" he added a lively grin on his face. Sauntering forward, he opened the door and waited. "Ladies first!" he bowed humorously at Karay. Once she walked through he motioned for Aidem to follow. Stepping inside himself, he looked around at the busy atmosphere. Grabbing the door handle he slammed it behind him and began to make his way across the room. The door however, having being slammed before, was unable to handle such rough treatment and came entirely off its hinges and landed with a loud crash on the ground.

Raen stopped dead and smirked before spinning around to look at the door. Shrugging his shoulders, he continued on to the bar, the people in the inn falling silent and staring at the newcomers. Raen whispered to the other two, "Well I thought we needed to make a bit of an entrance!"
Sillende
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2003 12:48
Karay raised an eyebrow as she turned back to look at Raen."Well I thought we needed to make a bit of an entrance!"He replied to them in a whisper.

"You could have atleast made it a little less noticeable. I don't want to be stuck paying for a new door." She whispered back as they found a seat at the bar. Soon the people began to talk though not like they had been before. Mostly muttering, there were small glances sent their way from a few tables but other then that it was the way it had been before.

The bartender came over to them as he finished up with his other customer. "What will you three be having?" "Whatever he is,"Karay replied motioning her hand towards Raen. She felt a few people staring again and she turned her chocolate gaze towards them, a group of mostly men and afew women at a table towards the corner. They went back to speaking of what ever they had been talking about before.

[Edited on 9/11/2003 by CarolP]
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: November 09, 2003 01:22
"You could have atleast made it a little less noticeable. I don't want to be stuck paying for a new door." Karay answered.

Raen laughed and followed her and Aidem as they sat down at the bar. Raen heard the mutterings of the other people in the bar and was aware of their glances but he shrugged them off, completely relaxed and feeling right at home. The bartender soon came over to them to take their orders. He cast an irritated look at Raen, who pretended not to see it. Looking at Karay the bartender asked, "What will you three be having?"

"Whatever he is,"Karay replied motioning her hand towards Raen. Raen grinned mischievously and thought for a moment trying to come up with a strange concoction of some sort.
"We'll have..... emmm...an ale with a dash of rum, brandy, wine, beer and a dollop of cream for good measure!" he finished amusingly, "Oh and make sure its hot!" he added.

The bartender glared angrily at him before taking Aidem's order. "He's having the same too!" Raen cut in. The bartender turned and strode off muttering insults under his breath. Raen laughed at him and sat back watching the scene around him. He spotted a group of men and women look their way before quickly turning back and talking amoung themselves once more.

Raen sighed contentedly and yawned, "There, don't you just love being the centre of attention?" Soon the bartender reappeared with their drinks and slammed them in front of them. Raen peered curiously at his drink and smiled. He picked it up and took a massive swig out of it. The hot liquid burnt his mouth and Raen made a funny face when he tasted it. He swallowed it quickly so as not to spit it out before turning to the others, "Try it! It's the most lovely thing I've ever tasted!"

[Edited on 9/11/2003 by CarolP]
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2003 02:43
'You're payin' for that, as well,' Aidem gestured towards the door, as they made their way to a table.
The bartender soon was at their service, Karay ordering whatever Raen was having. Aidem raised his eyebrow as Raen ordered the strangest melange he had ever heard. 'Going for it all, I see?' Aidem asked Raen.
The bartender turned to Aidem, inquiring what he wanted. 'I'll-' he began but was cut off by Raen's answer that he was having the same as well. The bartender walked away, muttering angrily, and glowering at them as he went.
'I said you could pay, not order,' Aidem snapped, wondering whether the strange drink was meant to annoy the bartender or Karay and himself.
Aidem leaned back in his chair so the front legs were off the ground. It creaked a little as he shifted his weight, but he ignored it. A cluster of people looked their way, and Aidem set himself to shooting dirty looks at them, until they resumed normal behavior.
'There, don't you just love being the center of attention?' Raen asked, after yawning comfortably.
'Actually, I prefer subtelty, when it can be achieved,' Aidem responded. A few moments later, the bartender appeared with their drinks, still grumbling to himself. The man slammed the drinks on the table before them, sending hot liquid sloshing over the sides. Some of the steaming substance happened to run over the side of the table onto Aidem's thigh, as Raen casually commented on how wonderful the drink was. Had he not been scrambling for something that could be used to wipe the liquid off his leg, Aidem would have suspected he was lying. Feeling the chair tip underneath him Aidem flailed his arms. Despite his efforts, he still found himself sprawled on the floor.
Looking around, Aidem found that the group across the room recommenced their staring. Picking himself up off the floor, Aidem glared at them once more. He quickly pulled his tunic straight and pushed some hair out of his face before setting the chair on it's legs and looking for the bartender.
Spotting him on the other side of the room, Aidem stalked over and waited for the bartender to ask if he could be of service.
'I think,' Aidem began speaking in a low tone, 'you owe my friends and me an apology.'
'Why, sir,' the bartender replied innocently, 'you're the one who oreder the drinks, not I.'
'You heated them too much on purpose, didn't you? I say that's no way to treat paying customers, and' he paused 'if you wish us to stay that way you'd better apologize, and hope to the Valar that this doesn't stain,' he finished sinisterly.
'Excuse me sir,' the bartender said, drawing himself up and looking Aidem in the eye. 'But I believe you will pay the price of the drinks, whether I apologize or not. And I don't appreciate being threatened.'
' And I don't appreciate boiling liquid being splashed on my leg because of the anger and impatience of an inconsiderate bartender,' Aidem retored. 'Hm. Is that so?' he said, considering the man's statement about paying. 'Well, I beg to differ and I feel that if we are not treated civily, my company and I will be forced to leave this establishment.' Aidem turned rigidly and walked back to the table.
'I hate to spoil the celebration, but it seems that that man,' he pointed to the bartender, 'does not believe in courtesy and therefore, refuses to make amends for his grevious error. I feel the need to leave, without making our generous contribution to his business, and would suggest you two do the same.' He looked at Karay and Raen, who was, clearly enjoying the situation.

[Edited on 10/11/2003 by Vende]
Electra
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2003 07:11
"I've been great actually. You know me, always curious to see new places." Eorlas said, then quickly swallowing the apple. "How have you been? Have your parents forgiven you yet for wandering off?" he said laughing lightly, fixing the quiver on his back. Ëorlas waited for her response, but she did not answer him, for her eyes were cast to the ground, and it looked as though she was daydreaming with a bright smile on her face.
Aireon had heard him, but the daydreams of their past took away the words of her answer. He smiled, and with his hand, gently lifted her chin to look her straight in the eyes.

"I've missed you."

At that moment Aireon felt she could have hugged him another time, but only gazed into his deep blue eyes filled with wisdom, and curiosity. These pools of shimmering blue had always captured her with interest, making her wanting to know more about this dashing young elf full of vigor and strength. His eyes were like open doors leading her into the core of his soul, into his cheerful spirit, and his charming personality, which made her laugh at every turn, and comforted her at every fall. A soft smile etched her scarlet lips, ‘If he only knew of all his blissful attributes,’ she thought to herself.

Without another word, Eorlas’ eyes drew to the attention of two men arguing outside an inn. He removed his hand from Aireon's chin, and grabbed her by the wrist.
"Come on," he said, pulling her lightly across the street toward the inn. He knew she was busy trying to sell apples, but his curiosity got the best of him once more.

Her bright blue eyes caught the sight of a familiar small boy dressed in rages, “George, take these to your mother and siblings, will you,” Aireon offered the rather full basket of apples to the small boy with a warm smile.
“Why thank you Miss. Aireon!” he replied gleefully. She patted him on the head, then he ran off through the crowd to his mother surrounded by small children.
Stopping outside the inn, Aireon stood a step behind Eorlas looking over his shoulder as they started for the door of the inn, “Well if you insist,” she answered lightheartedly. They walked casually into the inn and took a seat. “May I enquire on your curiosity, and on our intensions?” Aireon whispered quietly with a playful smile toying on her full red lips.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2003 01:18
The sound of a gallopping horse came closer and closer, until the figures of a brown horse and a rider appeared on the top of the hill.

It's only a boy, Rovan sighed and let the handle of his sword go. He saw the small rider stopping suddenly and gasping, as he saw the valley of dead bodies.

Rovan narrowed his eyes. No, he was not mistaken. It was the son of his eldest sister. Feeling a strange wish to take a closer look at the boy, Rovan rose and whispered to Anto: "Up!" The horse rose obediently. He took the animal's reigns and let it forward.

The boy was so shocked at the scene lying in front of his eyes that he noticed the approaching man only when he was a few steps away, and even that thanks to his horse. The kid startled and almost fell out of the saddle. He grabbed his dagger, fear in his grey eyes.

"Easy, boy, I'm not going to hurt you," Rovan said, and added: "And I'm not the one who did it, obviously. I was just passing by, like you."

The kid eyed him suspiciously.

"Who are you? I've never seen you before. You're not from Horun."

Rovan lifted his eyebrow. He was surprised by the stupid sentence. Of course he wasn't from Horun (lately), although he had been born there. He had expected something more from the child of his sister.

"I'm, well, a traveller."

They kept watching each other for a long time, as it seemed to Rovan. He had half expeced to feel something, meeting a member of his family (or what had been his family), but he felt nothing. Like he were dead inside.

"Well, I'll be going then," he said finally, mounting Anto.

"Wait!" the boy cried. "Aren't you going do anything?"

Rovan turned in saddle, mild surprise in his eyes.

"What, for instence?"

"Well, I don't know... like... burrying them, or tracking down the orcs who did it..."

"Burry? Track down... You mean - to revenge them?" Rovan saw the boy nodding eagerly. "What for? They don't need it, and I doubt they will even notice." He urged Anto forward.

"But you can't leave just like that! Don't you care?"

Rovan let the words slip past them. So young, so naive, so... stupid.

"Put your hands behind your head and freeze!" he heard a strong commanding voice. Damn it! He had become incautious, and now was going to pay for it.

He lifted his arms obediently and made Anto turn using his legs only.

"Hello, father. Long time since we've met, isn't it?"

Rovan heard the kid draw his breath in surprise, as he recognised his long-gone uncle, finally.

"Too short it seems to me. If you'll move again without my permission, my arrow will pierce you," by the unhidden anger in Raun's voice assured Rovan that the threat would be followed by action. He glared at his father, and it felt like there was a loud clash of steel, one pair of dark grey eyes against another. This time Rovan endured the look, unlike the last time they had met, just after he had desterted the Riders. He had returned home in search of support and at least some of understanding, but hate and cold was all he had received. You are the shame of our family, his father's words still rang in Rovan's head, Leave now or I'll surrender you to the tribunal of the King. And make sure never to return again. There will be no deserters in my family.

It had hurt then. But now... Now he felt nothing, not even a single flicker of emotions. Maybe he should hate his father. And his mother, and sisters, and their children... They were nothing to him now. Nothing at all. Strangers.

One second he was like frozen, the arrows of his father and another man pointed at him, then moved as fast as a lightning. He let two small blades slip out of his sleeves just a eyeblink before they rushed forward with a faint sound and cut the strings of both bows in two. The strings, suddenly let free, whipped both men's faces and hands hardly, making them cover their eyes and turn away for a moment. Rovan turned Anto and was out of their reach in a few seconds. Angry, they started a pursuit, but Anto was faster.

"I am not the boy I was, father!" Rovan's cry echoed the plains of Rohan, as he saw his pursuers giving up and stopping. Rovan continued the route he had taken before, mourning slightly the loss of his two little blades.

What he didn't know, was the sparkle of admiration that he had lit in the kid's heart. For the boy Rovan was no more merely the TRAITOR, he was a rebel.
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2003 07:17
((ikes! how do y'all move so fast? ))

"Wine?" Sila asked distractedly. "I could definately use some wine." Levi poured her a glass and she took it and downed it in a few seconds before holding the glass out for a refill.

"Set on getting drunk, are we?" Sila scowled at her kidnapper.

"I might as well." she snapped. "It would get my mind off this." she gestured to the small room. Levi shrugged and poured more wine into her glass. Well, here's to old times and old friends. she toasted silently, and drained her glass again. Sila knew that she didn't have much of a tolerance for strong wine, which this obviously was, and she would be dead drunk after another glass or two. But she didn't care.

All she wanted was to get out of this mess.

[Edited on 10/11/2003 by CarolP]
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2003 01:53
Evethire watched as a maiden and a smart he-elf approached a nearby table. They sat down and started talking amoungst themselves. He recognized the he-elf but decided not to approach yet and spoil his company.
Suddenly with a creak and a bang, the pub door fell off its hinges as three rough looking comrades came ambling in not a bother on them.
They went straight up to the bar oviously to cause havoc.
The bartender did not seem to be to impressed at all.

Evethire noticing he had been here quiet long enough proceeded to bring his glass up to the bar to make his leave, though as he smiled to the threesom something caught his attension.

Nearly there an innocent mind thought.
Drops of blood ran down a cool cheek of a young elvish maiden. Altariel had been in a battle against orcs on the way to Minas Tirith. Her company had been slaughtered violently and now she rode alone. In deparation she headed at a fast gallop towards the city gates, her Elvish cloak rising and falling like bird wings. Her long brown hair swishing across her weeping face like whips.
Her breath was short and caught her with a stabbing pain with every inhale.
"Noro lim, faster" she whispered to her grey horse bounding with fierce might.
As she saw her destination sweeping towards her she let fall a sigh of relief. Her head was sinking in pain and blood still washed her face. She passed the gates just in time and then fell onto the street with weakness and there she lay her horse at her side.
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: November 10, 2003 02:04
'Actually, I prefer subtelty, when it can be achieved,' Aidem responded.

Raen nodded and answered, "Indeed, there are times subtelty is needed, but when it's not I love nothing more than turning peoples heads and making an impact! Humiliating people is one of my favourite hobbies!"

Raen chewed on his tongue, greatly disliking the charred feeling that the hot drink had left when it burnt him. He watched Aidem with great amusement as the hot liquid dripped onto his thigh. Suddenly Aidem's chair began to topple and Raen erupted into fits of laughter as Aidem was sent sprawling on the ground.

Aidem quickly picked himself up and setting the chair on its legs strode over to the bartender. Raen's eyes followed him as he watched the bartender turning to talk to Aidem. Leaning back to Karay he muttered, "Watch this, it looks like we're going to have some trouble!"

Raen looked over at them and watched as the argument commenced. He smirked as the bartender refused to apologise and demanded that they paid anyway. Aidem soon returned to Raen and Karay,

'I hate to spoil the celebration, but it seems that that man,' he pointed to the bartender, 'does not believe in courtesy and therefore, refuses to make amends for his grevious error. I feel the need to leave, without making our generous contribution to his business, and would suggest you two do the same.'

Raen tried to hide a grin that was threatening to creep across his face and replied, "Of course we shall! I have no objections as I have no money in which to pay for these drinks or the door for that matter anyhow!" Standing up he grabbed all three drinks and poured them over the table. Then quickly he set it on fire, "Alright I'm ready! Shall we depart?"

He swiftly ran through the open doorway and out onto the streets, a devious grin on his face. As soon as the others were beside him he joked, "Well that should keep the fool occupied for a while if the whole place doesn't burn down!"

He sauntered down the streets, wondering what they should do next. Suddenly he remembered Asgar. He knew that he had to go to him soon. He continued walking, a thoughtful expression on his face. Suddenly he swirled around and looked at the other two an excited look on his face, "I have a....... friend that I need to pay a visit to and I'd love to introduce two such interesting characters as yourselves to him! Follow me!"

Doubling back for two streets, he turned right and brought them a different route. He smiled to himself as he thought of Asgar as a friend. Shaking his head, he picked up the pace a little eager to get there. He couldn't wait to introduce them to him. He knew that Asgar hated and distrusted strangers so it would be very fascinating to see what Asgar made of them.

As they turned down a dark, deserted and suspicious looking alleyway Raen stopped short and whispered to the others. "Wait here! He is a little..... funny, this eh ..friend of mine. I best go in and.....see him alone first!"

He nodded to the others before walking on alone and disappeared into the dark shadows. When he reached the hidden door, he quickly opened it and burst inside, slamming it behind him.

"So have you got her then Levi?" a voice rang out from the back of the room.

Raen frowned an irritated look crossing his face, "What did you call me Asgar? Are you drunk? I thought you would be pleased to see me back!"

Asgar looked up and glared, "Oh it's you Raen!"

"What's that supposed to mean? Is that all the welcome I get?!"

"What took you so long? You escaped from prison ages ago!"

"I do have a life apart from assassinating people you know!" he paused, "How did know?"

"I have eyes and ears all over the city Raen, you should know that! And if you're 'life' takes up too much time then I'll just have to find someone else!" Asgar retorted.

"You wouldn't ever replace me! I'm too good to be substituted by anyone else! Besides you should know how I could mess things up for you if I was to work against you!" Raen remarked derisively.

"Well now that you're finally back I can set to work! I have some big plans that I need fufilled and you have kept me waiting!"

Raen smirked, knowing that he had won the arguement causing Asgar to change the subject, "I work on my own times Asgar. Now what did you call me earlier?"

Asgar began glancing and searching through various papers, looking up he paused working out what Raen had asked, "Hmm? Oh, that. Nevermind! I thought you were someone else at first - you usually knock."

"Not really, I tend to make my own entrance and not always by the door!"

"Yes I know. But whenever you do use the door and not the roof or some broken window you knock."

Raen shook his head, "You didn't answer my question properly, who was it you thought I was? Laver?"

Asgar frowned, "Laver? I don't know anyone of such a name. It does not really matter Raen, it was no one of consequence or significance."

Raen looked slightly put out, but then remembered Aidem and Karay. Brightening up instantly he quickly cut Asgar off who had begun to tell him something, "That reminds me Asgar! I have some friends of mine I'd like you to meet! I'll just go and get them!"

"Raen I really don't have time for your peculiar and anomalous friends! We have work to do and I have someone of much more importance for you to meet!"

"Oh do you now? Well they can't be as important as my friends, who are nothing of what you describe them! Are you trying to imply that I'm weird?" Raen rose quickly and strode out the door and onto the street to bring Aidem and Karay in, before Asgar could protest.

"No merely eccentric!" Asgar called after him.

Raen reappeared from the darkness and called to Aidem and Karay, "Come on! He wants to meet you!" As they returned to the door, Raen ambled in and annouced, "May I introduce Lady Karay and Lord Aidem!"

"Oh you've managed to make friends with the upper class have you? Let's see these 'lords and ladies' then!" Asgar uttered.

Raen rolled his eyes and sighed, "Well actually I'm sure they are upper class against me! And anyway, where are your manners Asgar?"

"I'm using them!" he snapped.

"You've got to try harder than that!" Raen taunted.

"Please take a seat both you! There is that good enough?"

"Superb! Now hand out the wine!" Raen motioned for them both to sit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wine?" Sila asked distractedly. "I could definately use some wine."

Levi took down another glass and filled it, handing it to her. he watched as she drained it within seconds before quickly holding it out for another. He raised his eyebrows and commented, "Set on getting drunk, are we?"

He saw her scowling at him, "I might as well." she snapped. "It would get my mind off this." she gestured to the small room.

He shrugged and filled her glass again, "You will be here for a long while yet so you better start getting used to it!" Levi shook his head in disbelief, as she drained her glass yet again. He knew that it was a strong wine and he wondered how much of it she could stomach.
"Well I am quite surprised! This is not generally the way ladies that I have kidnapped before have behaved, though I've learnt to understand that no two are the same!"

He refused to give anymore as she held out her glass to him once more. "No more! We have a little visit to make and I need you to arrive in one piece and be able to walk! I have no intention of carrying you the whole way!" Standing up, he threw on his cloak again and pulled Sila to her feet. He could already tell that she was unsteady when she moved. Sighing he sternly looked into her eyes, his black ones threatening and deadly, "Now If I hear one word from you on our way there, then this precious little dagger of mine shall go straight through you! Understand?"

Grabbing her, he brought her up the stairs and through the trap door. Pulling the old carpet over once more he straightened up and led her to the back of the crumbling building where there was an exit. As soon as they stepped onto the deserted street, Levi put his arm around her waist and pressed his dagger gently on her side under her cloak as a small reminder.

(whew! that was long!)

[Edited on 11/11/2003 by CarolP]
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2003 04:36
(((Setting the table on fire?!?!?! LOL!!! I spent forever sitting and laughing about that one! I'll never be able to hear Raen's name without getting an image of him dumping the mugs out and laughing maniacally while he sets the table on fire!!! )))

Aidem recoiled from the table as Raen emptied the contents of the mugs onto the surface. He moved farther back as the assassin suddenly set the piace of furniture ablaze. A look of incredulity crossed Aidem's face as Raen announced that he was ready to depart.
Still astonished, Aidem looked around the room and saw the bartender scramble for something to put the fire out with. A slow grin crept across Aidem's face as he swiftly followed Raen and Karay out the door.

A few streets away from the inn they paused and Raen lightheartedly commented on how the disturbance should keep the bartender occupied, if not burn the whole place down.
'Yes, well, that may be fine and all for you, but I've already got a high enough price on my head!' Aidem was astonished to hear how loud his voice had gotten. Raen gave him a blank look. 'I'm stupid enough to do something so conspicuous as burn down an inn!' he continued. Leaning against a wall Aidem let out a perturbed sigh. 'Might as well get as far away from here as possible. Lead the way,' he gestured for Raen to take the lead once more.
Raen led them down several streets, and for a time it seemed they were wandering aimlessly. He brought the group to a halt and a contemplative look crossed his face. Rolling his eyes, Aidem wondered what bright idea he had come up with now. Abruptly, Raen whirled around, eagerness plain on his face.
"I have a...... friend I need to pay a visit to and I'd love to introduce two such interestng characters as yourselves to him! Follow me!"
Curiosity shone in Aidem's eyes as Raen doubled back and entirely redirected their course. Raen's pace quickened, and Aidem wondered exactly who this 'friend' was. Aidem soon lost count of the number of turns they had made and gave up trying to remember a way back to somewhere he knew, should need for one arise.
Starting down a shadowy, dilapidated alley, Raen commenced in informing them that his friend was a little 'eccentirc' and that he should probably enter the room first, and alone at that. Taking that as a polite 'wait here', Aidem halted and leaned against the wall. He skeptically pondered Raen's 'friend' while waiting.

Some minutes later, Aidem heard footsteps approaching. He straightened and could make out Raen's form walking towards them.
'Come on! He wants to meet you!' Raen said, ushering them down the street.
'Right, now who is this 'friend' of yours?' Aidem inquired. he didn't receive an answer, as he was soon, thrust through a dark doorway, into a room that matched the outside building's appearances.
Raen stepped in front of them and announced, 'May I introduce you to Lady Karay and Lord Aidem.'
Aidem snorted, and let out a sharp bark of laughter."'Lord'? Who are you trying to impress, Raen?'
At the same time, a voice spoke from the shadows, 'Oh, you've managed to make friends with the upper class, have you? Well, let's see these 'lords and ladies' then!'
'Well I'm sure their upper class against me! And anyway, where are your manners, Asgar?' Aidem sensed the exasperation in Raen's voice. He could scarcely contain a snort of laughter.
'I highly doubt that,' he muttered to himself.
'I'm using them!' the man Aidem heard called Asgar snapped.
'You've got to try harder than that!' Raen taunted in return.
'Please take a seat both you! There, is that goods enough?'
'Superb! Now hand out the wine!' Raen motioned for both of them to sit.
'I think I'd prefer to stand, thanks,' Aidem replied charily. 'What is this about? It hardly seems you two are friends,' Aidem paused, 'more like greedy business partners, if you ask me.'
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: November 11, 2003 11:15
(hehe lol Vende!! I guess he's a little crazy! Or maybe it's just me! )

'I think I'd prefer to stand, thanks,' Aidem replied charily. 'What is this about? It hardly seems you two are friends,' Aidem paused, 'more like greedy business partners, if you ask me.'

Asgar looked up abruptly from his desk of papers and looked Aidem over meticulously. He remained silent before speaking to Raen, not taking his eyes off Aidem, "Ah I see you have a clever friend then Raen!" speaking to Aidem then he continued, "Indeed you are most correct Aidem! Your ingenuity does you credit, maybe you can knock some sense into Raen sometime!"

Raen glanced from one to the other, and recognised the look in Asgar's eyes. Quickly stepping in he interrupted swiftly, "I don't need anymore sense than I already have! Why I don't know what gave you such an idea Aidem! Me and Asgar go back a long way, we've always been friends! Haven't Assie?" Raen walked over to him and gave him a shove. Asgar was not in the slightest bit impressed and replied, "Raen we go back quite a bit businesswise otherwise I would never have known you! And don't ever call me that again!" he snapped.

Raen rolled his eyes and threw his wine all over Asgar's face. Asgar snarled angrily and grabbed his dagger, but Raen flung his casually at him and knocked it out of his hand, sending it flying across the room.
"I'm still too quick for you Asgar! Your blade work is atrocious and a downright shame!"

Asgar ignored him and turned back to Aidem and Karay,"Now you can see that Raen grew up on the streets by his manners!"

"Even in manners I am better than you! Ask Karay here!" he taunted.

Asgar glowered at him and ignored his last remark, "Ah now where was I? Ah yes! So Aidem, what do you do for a living? You also Karay!"

Raen knew what Asgar was getting at and interrupted yet again, "Asgar I did not bring them here for a business interview nor anything to do with business! We are merely here to pay you a visit nothing more - don't be getting any ideas in your head!"

"It was merely a friendly question Raen! And speaking of business, you had better stick around for I have work for you!"

Raen yawned widely and waved his hand dismissively at him, "Asgar, I'm only just getting a taste of the fresh air again, I don't feel like working! I know you too well Asgar to tell that that was not a mere friendly question! You never ask anyone a friendly question!"

"Well you had better feel like working! Alright maybe it wasn't a friendly question but I can ask them what I want! It is nothing to do with you!"

"It has everything to do with me as I brought them here as my friends. And I have every intention of saving them while I can before they get entangled with you and you sink your greedy claws into them! Oh that reminds me, I believe you have something belonging to me? After all I didn't get paid while I was in prison!"

Asgar sighed and rose going out to a small back room. Raen turned and grinned at the others, "Funny little man isn't he?!" Asgar soon reappeared and handed Raen five heavy bags filled with gold. Raen looked at them and snorted, "You don't expect me to accept that now do you?"

"It was what we agreed on Raen!" Asgar sighed looking through his papers again. Raen made a face and sulked, "He gave me a lot more trouble then planned as you already know, which included landing me in prison!" Asgar glared angrily and bent down, picking up another bag at his feet and flung it over at Raen, "Fine you may have some more but that's it! Now seeing that I have paid you so handsomely, are you willing to work?" Raen took a long time to answer, pretending to be thinking about it. He knew how to rub Asgar up the wrong way and took great pleasure in doing so. He saw him growing agitated, "Oh I don't know now......"

"Hurry up Raen or I shall only pay you half from now on!"

"Oh alright I will! But let's talk about it later, we have guests at the moment!"
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2003 12:18
Evethire left the pub soon, for fear of his horse's antics. As he walked away through the broken door he heard some people shouting. The breeze hit his face, he lowered his cloak hood as he reached where his restless horse stood.
He rubbed his hand down the horses neck.
Evethire was mounting as the three people came out into the street. They passed him by. He started cantering away from the cosy pub when in the corner of his eye a flicker of orange danced where he had just left. Turning Blethian to face the pub again he thought Eorlas and the others In a slight panick he retraced his steps towards the flamming building.

Altariel woke with a sudden start. Her head rested in a pool of blood. The smell of smoke drifted around her. She rose very stiffly. Pain ammediatly rushed through her limbs again. Her obedient horse stood watching her with kind eyes. He neighed softly as she approached him, limping slightly.
Tears raced down her cheek as she saw that her horse was injured on the side and on his leg.
"Oh, Serithion" she cryed as her delicate fingers traced his muscles. "My dear horse".
She lead him towards where she thought voices were.
She needed help quickly.

[Edited on 11/11/2003 by CarolP]
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 11, 2003 04:16
Aidem frowned at Asgar's comment, trying to figure out what in the heck he was talking about. He watched Raen over enthusiastically try to smooth over the subject which Aidem had uncovered. What Raen failed to notice, however, was that by this time, Aidem was completely lost and had had no idea what he had uncovered in the first place. And why anyone needed ingenuity to see that the only reason these two people didn't cut each other's throats was because they had some kind of an agreement, was beyond Aidem.

Heaving a sigh of bewilderment, Aidem gave up as a quarrel erupted between the two. His thoughts began to wander as they continued to insult each other, and only began paying attention when daggers started flying.

'Ah, now where was I? Ah, yes! So, Aidem, what do you do for a living? You also Karay!' Asgar asked, dismissing the argument with Raen.

'Do?' Aidem snorted. 'What does it look like I do for a living?!' he asked, incredulously. He paused for a moment before continuing. 'I can't believe you actually think I-' at this, Raen cut short his words and began complaining that he hadn't come for a business interview.
The conflict soon switched gears and they commenced squabbling about how Asgar could never ask a friendly question, and then they were on to how the older man owed Raen something, and how he hadn't gotten paid while in prison. Asgar went into a back room for a moment and Raen turned to both of them, commenting on the eccentricity of his 'friend'.
Asgar soon came back, lugging five bags which he handed, or more appropriately, shoved into Raen's arms. Gazing inquisitively at the bags, Aidem observed as Raen complained of the amount he was receiving. Asgar soon became so aggitated that he flung another bag at Raen's feet. The heavy 'chink' of coins sounded through the room as the sack hit the floor.
A slow smirk crept across Aidem's face. He understood what was going on now. Despite Raen's efforts to stay away from the topic, their arguments evealed more than they could have told him. Apparently, this Asgar was Raen's employer, although Aidem couldn't, for the life of him, figure out why this was such a touchy topic.
He returned to the conversation with a start, as Raen apparently either remembered that he and Karay were there, or wished to change the subject. Eyes shining with curiosity Aidem waited for the meeting to continue.

'So, what is this about? You two obviously don't relish each other's company, so why even be in one another's presence, unless you have to?' He shrugged and looked at the two of them.
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: November 12, 2003 03:19
'So, what is this about? You two obviously don't relish each other's company, so why even be in one another's presence, unless you have to?' He shrugged and looked at the two of them.

Raen glanced at him, realising that Aidem was starting to work out what their arguement was about. He shrugged his shoulders and replied nonchalantly, "Oh it's nothing really, just a bit of business that needed taking care of! And we enjoy each other's company - our arguements are only a bit of fun!"

Asgar glared, his eyes like daggers at Raen, "Humph! 'Just a bit of business' indeed! Well I don't know about you Raen but I certainly don't enjoy your company, you always outstay your welcome whenever you bother to turn up and you drain all my wine stocks!" he turned to Aidem and continued, "I am Raen's 'employer' so to speak, he works for me and does various jobs, like taking a few..."

"Alright fine! I guess I am your employee if that's what you want to call it, but I work perfectly well without you! Asgar owed me payment from my last job and so I needed to collect it, that is why we're here!" Raen scowled, in a slight foul humour, although nothing could dampen his spirits for long.

"Raen if these are your so called friends then I think they should know the truth about you! There is no point hiding what you are!" Asgar told him, turning to the others he added simply, "Raen is an assassain."

Raen sighed, "I hide nothing Asgar, they already knew that! Well, Aidem does at least and I doubt Karay is surprised!"

Asgar looked at him with a frown, "I see. Well back to business, there is a maid at the Houses of Healing who has obtained very important information which no one is to know. Deal with her for me will you? I have someone I am anxious for you to meet as soon as you have done that!" Seeing Raen open his mouth to protest he snapped, "I know it's not your usual standard but it'll do until my big plans are ready! Then I assure you I have a worthy challenge!"

Raen closed his mouth once more and did not protest, "Alright, but your 'big plans' better be big! I mean it Asgar, or prepare to have a little chat with my blade! And who is it you so desperately want me to meet?"

"They're big I promise! It's a surprise, I'm not telling you!"

"I'm not sure I like your 'suprises' Asgar, but there's nothing you can throw at me that will shock or astonish me!"

"Want to bet on that?" Asgar replied coolly.

Never one to back down on anything Raen complied, "Alright! Let's see....., if you you succeed then you can keep my wages for this maiden, but if I succeed then you shall pay me double, no triple the amount!"

"Agreed!" Asgar spat, "Those wages better last you long enough!"

"Why they don't need to for I shall soon have more then enough!" Raen retorted.

"Well get out of my sight before this healer does any damage! And don't return until you have dealt with her!"

Raen nodded, "I'm on my way! Well I hope you two had a pleasant visit and enjoyed yourselves! Say goodbye Asgar!" Raen finished sarcastically.

"Enough of that Raen! Get going!" Asgar hurried, "Oh and if either of you two ever need a job just let Raen know and he'll tell me!" he called to Aidem and Karay.

"Never work for him if your very life depended on it!" Raen muttered as they stepped out onto the alley, "He'll never let you go!"
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2003 07:51
Bloody git. Sila thought. She had spent the last ten minutes or so thinking of all the explitives and derrogatory terms that could apply to Levi. She had run out of good ones and resorted to mentally calling him names like she had with her brothers when she was little. Toad-eyes. Pig-snout

"Ah, now we're almost there, my dear!" Levi commented brightly. Sila huffed a little, but said nothing, feeling the tip of the dagger at her side. Levi took her down a long flight of stairs and threw open a door at the bottom, pushing her into a small dirty room no better than the one she had left. "Well, Asgar, I have your...." Levi trailed off and appeared to be staring at someone. Sila followed his gaze and looked at someone she had not expected to see.

"Raen?" she whispered. "Is it you this time?"

((Woo-hoo!! here we go! Just FYI, I'm gonna be out of town next week, so feel free to move me around a bit! :love: I trust you! ))
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 13, 2003 12:56
The flames licked everywhere lick fierce dogs. Evethire's mind was on a friend he had not seen in a long time and his company. He volted quickly of Blethian.
As he reached the burning pub he ran stupidly towards the entrance, where the broken door still lay. He started coughing as the plumes of thick smoke choked his throat.
He starred around to see where they might be. People were shouting incantations at their luck.
It was a minute before he saw Eorlas and his maiden. He ran over to them grabbing his arm spoke loudly "Follow me". Then he turned and lead them towards the way out.

Altariel walked slowly on leading her horse breathing heavily behind her. She thought to herself "I must look a state. So much for holding the title of royalty for my Father"
Her father had been one of the victims lying still now that was killed by the orcs.
She had previously come from the Firian Oakwoods.
The business in Minas Tirith had not been her own hence she just ran from her fears after the battle and ended up in the fine city of Minas Tirith.
As she walked a song came to mind. It flowed out through her sweet lips to form pretty words. Serithion seemed to understand and listen intently. It went on until a sparkle made her stop. It was the light reflected in some water droplets.
A small stone basin full of water stood there. She dipped her blood covered hands into the water. It was cold but refreshing. Altariel cupped her hands and brought pure water to the dusty nose of her horse. He blew at it and then licked it up.
As she straightened her back she heard shouting. She ammediatly started towards the raises voices. What was around the corner she did not know...

[Edited on 14/11/2003 by CarolP]
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: November 14, 2003 02:47
(hehe ok here we go!! Well hope this goes ok, but I have to get these two past each other quickly - they can't meet each other just yet!)

Levi continued to lead Sila down the streets. He took many twists and turns, gradually bringing her to the very outskirts of the c
ity. The buildings there were old, decaying and shabby.

"Ah, now we're almost there, my dear!" Levi commented brightly.

Levi looked at her and could see her displeased face. Ignoring it, he brought her down a flight of stairs and threw open a door. Shoving her inside, he called out, "Well, Asgar, I have your...." his voice trailed off abruptly as he saw the company Asgar had with him. He stopped dead and stared. On the stairs in the gloom was a stranger, a stranger that looked identical to himself.

As Raen, Aidem and Karay were about to leave, there was the sound of voices and crashing down the stairs. Raen stopped and grinned, putting a hand out to stop the others, "Ah let us wait and see who is coming!"

Moments later the door burst open and a voice rang out, "Well, Asgar, I have your...." Raen listened curiously, the voice unfamiliar to him. As the voice stopped abruptly, he looked up to see who the owner was.

Asgar leapt to his feet and quickly ran over to the stairs as he recognised the voice of his new guest. As he got there, he quickly caught Levi unawares and pushed him and Sila into the shadows nearly knocking them over. At the same time, he put his foot forward in front of Raen, who unsuspectingly tripped over it in the dark and amid all the pandemonium. Aidem and Karay who were walking behind him instantly fell ontop of him.

Before Levi could look at the stranger properly, he was suddenly shoved aside into the shadows and nearly fell down the remainder of the stairs with Sila. "Asgar, what in the name of Mandos are you doing?" he growled angrily. However, Asgar did not hear him but merely flattened him and Sila against the wall. With one arm around Sila and the other crushed against the wall, Levi was unable to push Asgar away. Confused by the chaos that was before him, he quickly kicked the nearest thing in the dark, aiming for Asgar. He suddenly heard a muffled yell and realised that he had kicked someone else. He made a face and wondered what the hell had happened to Asgar.

"Raen? Is it you this time?"

Raen now heard a voice that sounded very familiar to him. He turned to try and take a look at who it was when suddenly he tripped and fell flat on his face on the stairs, sprawled ontop of his gold. As he quickly struggled to rise, he was instantly crushed and flattened again as he felt Aidem and Karay fall ontop of him. Moments later he felt somone kick him sharply in the ribs. He yelled from beneath everyone and using all his strength, he managed to scramble out of the heap.

Before he was even standing properly, he felt someone push him forcefully out the door, Aidem and Karay behind him. He looked back as he stumbled out catching sight of someone that looked exactly like him, or so he thought. His view was soon obstructed as Asgar threw his gold out after him and slammed the door in his face shouting, "Get to work!" the key turned in the lock and Asgar's footsteps faded away.

Raen stood there totally bewildered and rubbed his ribs, a small river of blood trickling down from his head, where it had been cut open. He frowned, what was Asgar doing? That made him think of the strangers again, he had recognised one of the voices, he knew it was a female's but he couldn't place who's it was. And what of the man. Raen was almost certain that he looked exactly like himself. He shook his head, instantly dismissing this thought, thinking that he must be going insane.
I must have done too much celebrating than is good for me! he thought to himself.

However, that could not be right. He had only had one mouthful of that vile concoction in the inn before using it to set the place alight and he had poured most of his wine in Asgar's face. He frowned I must be mad! Next minute everyone in Minas Tirith will look like me! Deciding that it must have been the darkness of Asgar's abode that had made the stranger look similar to himself, he picked up his gold and walked over to the others.

"Like I said before - he's a little funny, Asgar. He has these fits every now and then! Well come on then, I have some work to do!" he told them offhandedly. He ambled on ahead of them and walked down the alleyway.

As Asgar locked the door, Levi made his way down the stairs and sat down before anything else happened. He directed Sila to a seat and waited for Asgar to sit down. He studied him thoroughly, looking to see was the man insane. "Well, I want an explanation Asgar!"

(ok well I dont have time to post anymore but I'll post the rest tomorrow! Emm if you have Karay and Aidem not noticing that Levi looks similar, just so that Raen thinks that it's his imagination!)
GreenEyedElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2003 04:54
“May I enquire on your curiosity, and on our intensions?” Aireon whispered quietly with a playful smile toying on her full red lips as Ëorlas dragged her into the inn.

He said nothing, just smiled back and returned Aireon's expression. They had just sat down at a table and ordered two ales when the inn door flew open and jumped off its hinges. Ëorlas and Aireon turned around to see who had made such a spectacle, but returned to their drinks after a minute or so.

Ëorlas was about to ask Aireon another question when he noticed one of the men who had come in before, set a drink on fire. The bartender looked as though he was having trouble putting out the flames, and Ëorlas grabbed Aireon's hand that had been resting on the table next to her ale.

"Lets get out of her before the whole place goes up in flames." Ëorlas said half jokingly; unsure of whether the bartender could handle the fire.

It wasn't long before smoke had overtaken the air and fogged the room. Ëorlas felt a hand suddenly grab his arm, then hearing a shockingly familiar voice say, "Follow me". They followed the person through the thick clouds of smoke then out the door. When they came out into the fresh air Ëorlas saw whom it was who had led them out.

"Evethire." he said coughing, then giving his cousin a big hug." It has been long since I've last seen you. What brings you here?"

[Edited on 15/11/2003 by CarolP]
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2003 07:42
Aidem turned to leave, and halted at Raen's abrupt gesture. A voice rang out, announcing an arrival. Aidem stepped back a little as Raen looked to see who the owner of the voice was. Out of the corner of his eye, Aidem caught a glimpse of Asgar rushing to the door. Dodging aside, Aidem stared in disbelief. The stranger looked exactly as Raen did. Chaos and complete anarchy broke out as the strangers were suddenly propelled into the shadows. Aidem blinked and suddenly went flying forward, thrust on top of the stairs, to land atop Raen. The assassin yelled from underneath Aidem, and Karay, who had shortly after landed on top of all. He quickly rolled over, grimacing, and Raen sprang up to have the door slammed in his face.

A cry of 'Get to work,' came from behind the door. Shortly followed by the clicking of a key. Aidem got to his feet and looked at Raen, who still stared at the door.

'Like I said-he's a little funny, Asgar. He has these fits every now and then. Well come on, then I some have work to do!' Raen turned and walked down the alley ahead of them.

'Didn't you see him?!' Aidem asked, rather shrilly. Raen halted, then looked at him. 'He looked just like you!' Aidem said, gesturing to the door.
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2003 02:35
As he reached the air that smelt so sweet against the now swelling smoke he turned to see the slightly coughing Eorlas.
His memories of his cousin were precious but old. He had not seen him for a long while.

"Evethire." he said coughing, then giving his cousin a big hug." It has been long since I've last seen you. What brings you here?"

Evethire's chest swelled with happiness. He smiled brightly at Eorlas.
"My dear cousin. You speak the truth, it has been a long while. My business here is a quest, it is to find people who will accompany me on the quest to find a family heirloom of great worth in sentiment and in gold, but I have not found a soul yet. What brings you here? I would ask you to talk over a drink but,"he looked where the pub used to stand proud, "but in the cercumstances, maybe not."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A man strode around the corner. He looked rough and his clothes were ragged. His hair dark in origin but also stained it appeared with blood. Altariel walked painfully towards him. Serithion followed suit. Altariel felt him blew heavily through his nose as they drew near. He had strange eyes, rather inviting but very misleading.
She smiled as they passed each other, slightly bowing her head.
He looked back at her. She walked on. There was something in his face she couldn't forget. She patted her horse gently.
Maybe I should have asked him for aid she thought to herself continuing to plod on.

[Edited on 16/11/2003 by CarolP]
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: November 15, 2003 05:36
'Didn't you see him?!' Aidem asked, rather shrilly. Raen halted, then looked at him. 'He looked just like you!' Aidem said, gesturing to the door.

Raen ran a hand through his blood soaked hair and sighed, "I saw him, Aidem. But he didn't look like me, it was the light in Asgar's place that's all!"

Raen thought about it once the words had left his mouth, so even Aidem thought that the stranger looked like him. Putting these thoughts to the back of his mind, he turned around and continued walking, refusing to put anymore contemplation on the matter.

Turning a corner, Raen almost crashed straight into a maiden who was walking with her horse. He quickly stepped aside and bowed his head, "Excuse me..." he muttered quickly. Looking around him, he saw a stone basin filled with water.

When he reached the basin, he looked into the water and saw that it was already bloodstained. He turned to look at the maiden he had just passed before looking back at the water again. Shrugging, he dunked his head into the water in attempt to divest himself of the blood that clung to his hair.

Wiping the water out of his eyes with his sleeve, Raen turned to Aidem and Karay. He picked up his gold again and slung it over his shoulder. "I have to go and put my earnings in a safe place. Wait for me here and then we shall continue on. I won't be long!"

He swiftly slipped into the dark shadows and ran down the street as softly as a cat. Over the rooftops he saw smoke rising in thick black billows. He grinned knowing that it was the inn that set the glow in the sky.

"I'm waiting Asgar!" Levi snarled.

"Oh it was no one Levi! He is merely someone who works for me, I.... I didn't want him to see Lady Silamiren as he was drunk and he would have told the whole of Minas Tirith before dawn! But enough about that - I see you have brought Lady Silamiren to me! Good work." Asgar replied uneasily.

Levi looked at Asgar, clearly unimpressed. He could tell Asgar was lying from a mile off. Levi was very observent and it was virtually impossible to get anything past him. He decided however to let it drop, knowing he could work it out later. But he would not forget it. No matter how much he refused to believe it, he was almost certain that the stranger looked like him despite the bad light. He glared at Asgar knowing that he knew something. Finally he spoke,

"Very well." he saw Asgar sigh with relief very subtly, "Yes here she is - safe and sound! Satisfied?"

"For once, I am. I did not expect you to catch her so quickly."

Levi grinned, "I have improved greatly since I worked for you last and you weren't too difficult to catch were you Lady Silamiren?" he teased as he looked at her.

Asgar wasted no time in continuing, "Well seeing that you are so good now I have a minor thing I would like you to take care of while I am adding the finishing touches for my big plans!"

Levi scowled, "These 'big plans' seem to take you a long time Asgar! I'm sure I finish them faster! Well what is this minor thing then?"

"A maid in the houses of healing has obtained some extremely important information which no one is to know about or a lot could be ruined! Please get her for me and bring her back here."

Levi sighed, "Something that easy?! Why should I bother?"

"Because, what I really have in mind for you is very challenging and you will have to travel, therefore you shall be paid handsomely, but I cannot do so until she is out of the way!" Asgar retorted.

"Why don't you get one of your assassains to do it?"

"Because I want to question her first and if I got them to kidnap her they would wake up the whole of the houses of healing!"

"Much as I think assassains are a bunch of commoners, I do know that they are perfectly capable of doing there job silently!"

"Oh please Levi? Leave Lady Silamiren with me, it won't take you long!" Asgar pleaded.

"Fine, fine! But I expect my pay and a worthy adventure in return!"

"Of course! Now be off with you!"

Levi grinned and sprang out of his chair. He winked at Sila as he left. "Enjoy yourselves!" he called behind him as he climbed out the window and closed it behind him again.

Once he was out on the streets, he began to make his way towards the houses of healing. He nodded to a maiden who was leading a horse as he past her. Turning around a corner, he quickly cut across the street, passing a stained basin. He saw two figures ahead of him and ignored them as he kept walking.
~GilEstel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2003 06:06
Alagithildin a young elvish maid stepped out of a small house in Minis Tirith shouting over her sholder, "Randir I know you can fix it, that's why I brought it to you! You just don't want to because I beat you last time we had an archery contest! You've always been a soar loser admit it!" A young man who looked about her age in mortal years ran up the steps behind her, "That is so not true! You know for a fact that I was only letting you win because I usualy do win!" Alagithildin turned to leave, "If it's not done by the time I get back then I'm not taking you on the next trip to.." she trailed off when she caught sight of a young elven maiden limping through the streets followed closely by a horse, then the maids face turned towards her and Alagithildin rushed to her side quikly supporting the girls weight. "Altariel! Altariel, are you alright? where are the rest of you're group? Randir! Get ever here and help me bring her inside, she is wounded badly!" Randir ran over to the two Alagithildin's aid and helped carry the maid into his small house. Altariel looked up into Alagithildin's hasel green eyes, and the slice of silver in her left eye that shimered like murcury in the sunlight. Alagithildin's dark wavey brown hair fell over her shoulders as she looked down upon Altariel fair face while she tended her wounds. "Hang on Altariel, hold on!"
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2003 07:10
Aidem followed after Raen, muttering to himself. That man had obviously looked like Raen, inferior lighting or no. He continued walking and rounded a corner, as Raen glanced after a maiden who had just strode past.
'Denying what you don't want to know won't make it go away, you know,' Aidem stated.
Aidem halted alongside Raen as he dunked his entire head in a basin of water. Wiping his face with his sleeve, Raen informed them that he had to go place his earnings in a secure place. Sighing, Aidem went to lean against the wall and wait, as commanded. Raen slipped away, and Aidem glanced at Karay. Disappointed with his options, Aidem took out his daggers with a flourish and set himself to tossing and flipping them between hands.
Tossing one in the air, Aidem pivoted to catch the dagger, and found Raen walking down the opposite side of the street. After successfully catching the knife, Aidem thrust the dagger firmly into it's scabbard and approached the assassin, who appeared to be resolutely ignoring them. He frowned at Raen's attempt to snub them and began walking along side the man.

'That was quick. Where to now, Raen?' Aidem paused and glanced at Raen.
'Oh, and you were the one who invited me to come with, so in the future, try to be more courteous and tell me if you don't want me along. Or at least be more stealthy and not walk right past in an attempt to rid yourself of us. I'm not so stupid as to not notice you,' he finished acidly.
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: November 16, 2003 11:40
'That was quick. Where to now, Raen?' Aidem paused and glanced at Raen.
'Oh, and you were the one who invited me to come with, so in the future, try to be more courteous and tell me if you don't want me along. Or at least be more stealthy and not walk right past in an attempt to rid yourself of us. I'm not so stupid as to not notice you,' he finished acidly.

Levi stopped dead in his tracks and whirled around at the stranger. He glared at him furiously, "What did you call me?" his glare flickered over to the maiden he saw standing there also. Had the whole of Minas Tirith gone insane or was it him? Snarling he continued, "Why would I be trying to rid myself of you? I have been travelling alone!"

Striding over to the man he growled threateningly, "Look here, have you had too much to drink or are you trying to pick a fight?! I never asked you to join me anywhere as I don't even know you!" he spat, "Go where you please it matters not to me, but do not dare insult me or you will pay for it. Now if you will excuse me I have some business to attend to. I suggest that you go and pick a fight with someone else, maybe you'll have more luck with them or do you wish to be beaten?!"

Levi turned and walked away from them his eyes ablaze. He did not know what had happened but he had a feeling it was something to do with the stranger in Asgar's place that was causing this. He heard footsteps behind him but merely ignored them, no longer caring if those strangers followed him or not, he would deal with them later.

Turning a corner, he arrived in the courtyard before the Houses of Healing. Pulling up his hood and shading his face, he quickly made his way over to the steps and was about to enter the building when a cloaked figure jumped down from the roof of the building.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once Raen had hidden his gold, he swiftly made his way back to where he had left Aidem and Karay. Once he arrived he found the street empty. He frowned and looked around him, glancing down the opposite streets. They too were empty. Annoyed that they had left him without even a word, he pulled up his hood and decided that he would go and kill the healer anyway.

Climbing skillfully up onto a roof he ran along the rooftops until he was on top of the houses of healing. As he was about to find an entrance through the tiles, he suddenly caught sight of a shrouded figure entering the steps of the building. He ran to the edge of the building and jumped down landing just before the figure.
"What do you want here?" Raen snarled.

"I have some business to attend to!" the stranger snapped, rapidly growing agitated.Raen laughed from beneath his cloak.

"That is what I always say, so I will not accept such an answer! You mean you have a healer to deal with! And before you even think of putting one more step towards this entrance I will let you know now that this healer is mine and I won't let you through without a fight!"

The stranger whipped out a dagger and replied icily, "Fine! But prepare to die stranger!"

Raen whipped out one of his own daggers and answered coolly, "I'm prepared, are you?"

As he circled the stranger, he caught sight of Aidem and Karay standing in the courtyard and frowned wondering what they were doing here with this imposter.
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2003 01:34
(sorry Karay and Aidem for leaving you out when Raen bumps into me, I forgot you both were with him-Sorry )

With every step that the wounded elf took her limbs became more weak. She had been sure that she would find some sort of help in Minas Tirith.
Altariel walked on past a small house. The elven maiden was shouting with mirth at someone that Altariel couldn't see.
Altariel thought would she bother her to ask for even a drink.
As she looked with her blood stained pallid face she caught the eye of the elvish maiden.
She rushed towards Altariel, helping her to stand.

"Altariel! Altariel, are you alright? where are the rest of you're group?" she said.

The voice of this elf was familiar, but Altariel's mind felt dizzy and light. She couldn't remember.

Though she tried to say "They are all dead" but the thought pained her to think of it so it came just as a gentle murmur.

Altariel felt someone pick her up and carry her away from the street.

She looked up into the elvish maidens hasel green eyes, and the slice of silver in her left eye that shimered like murcury in the sunlight. The name Alagithildin drifted through her mind.

"Hang on Altariel, hold on!"

Some of the fierce pain subsided as her wounds were tended.
Her mind became clearer and not so full of the image of death and her father lying in pain with a black arrows through his heart, but still gasping for a breath, his final breath. She didn't feel so panicked.She opened her eyes to see the kind face of a friend.
"Alagithildin," she started "I am sorry for the trouble I have caused."
Tears hung in her eyes. "We were attacked. I dont now what really happened but I know everyone died, including my Father" She closed her eyes for a second as if in respect.
"I am sorry, I know Im a burden."

(Hope this is okay)

[Edited on 16/11/2003 by Princess_Greenleaf]
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2003 03:20
(((Don't worry about it, Leafy! Aidem was walking behind Raen anyway, and probably hadn't even turned the corner yet.)))

Aidem stepped, or rather sprang back as the supposed Raen whirled around to glare at him. He narrowed his eyes as the man demanded to know what he had been called and why he would be trying to rid himself of them, as he was travelling alone.

'Raen is what I called you, you idiot! That's only your name, or are you too damn stupid to remember it?!' Aidem growled. Sure, Raen was his freind, but he refused to be dealt with in that manner.

The dark haired man stalked over "Look here, have you had too much to drink or are you trying to pick a fight?! I never asked you to join me anywhere as I don't even know you!" he spat, "Go where you please it matters not to me, but do not dare insult me or you will pay for it. Now if you will excuse me I have some business to attend to. I suggest that you go and pick a fight with someone else, maybe you'll have more luck with them or do you wish to be beaten?!"
Aidem's hand strayed to his dagger, baring a small amount of metal.

'Just try me,' Aidem growled softly in return. Fighting back the urge to throw himself at the man, Aidem watched as his opponent turned and briskly strode away. He wasn't satisfied with that, Aidem felt the burning urge inside of him to prove just how dense someone had to be to challnge him.
The man may have looked like Raen, but he obviously wasn't. Aidem probably would have wondered at the strange coincidence if he hadn't been busy fighting the urge to attack the Raen-look-alike viciously. Eyes glinting perilously, he sprinted after the man, forgetting how Raen had told them to wait.

Following stealthily, Aidem found himself pondering how he would exterminate the man. He grinned, a widly inhuman light in his eyes, as he found himself being led to the Houses of Healing. How ironic, Aidem thought, not even realizing that both of his daggers had been produced long ago.
The Raen-look-alike strode up the stairs of the houses when a blur of dark cape dropped smoothly down in front of the him. Aidem halted where he was, astonished to recognize Raen's voice coming from inside the hood. Threats were exchanged and within a flash, daggers glinted in both men's hands.

Aidem knew Raen had seen him. It would have been impossible not to. Sheathing one dagger, Aidem watched as the fight progressed. If there was one thing he had learned, it was not to interfear in another man's fight, unless you were called upon. He crossed his arms and yawned, If Raen didn't kill him, Aidem wanted his turn with the man.
~GilEstel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2003 05:11
"Sssshhh, be still Altariel, try not to speak, you are far from a burden believe me!" As she said these words Altriel Alagithildin cast a small smiling glance towards Randir who's concentrating face turned to the utmost shock and hurt as she did so. "I would consider myself far from a burden also!" He said mockingly, "If any of us are a burden it's you my fair Alagithildin!" The pair continued to mend and sooth Altriel throughout the day, then placed her war worn body on a bed at the back of the house where all was quiet and still.

Alagithildin and Randir walked into the living room and sat around the fire, night had come and both were tiered from caring for Altriel. "Well, now I can stay and make sure you fix my dagger!" Alagithildin whispered to Randir while staring into the fire. "Oh joy, I just Love having you breathing down my neck when I make things! I should make you do it anyways, you're the one who broke it!" Randir shot back playfully. "You know darn well it wasn't me, it was the drunk who happened to have a mithril dagger on him, and you know too well what that mithril can do! Good thing I don't have to worry about him using it on anyone else!" Alagithildin said calmly as she took out a small finely made dagger that seemed to be made of snow turned solid. She started flipping it, then turned and smiled at Randir's amazed face, "Couldn't let him keep it, it's to perfect for such a slobbering drunk!" "That was stealing Ally! And you know darn well it was!" Randir managed to reply. "Well, it's far less of an offence that trying to kill someone for no good reason!" She said placing the dagger back in her belt carefully. "Besides, he probably won't even know it's gone!"
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: November 17, 2003 12:18
(ok just to help make things less confusing - Raen is 'the stranger' and Levi is 'the figure'! Dunno if that'll help but oh well - let me know if you're confused when you post )

Levi and Raen circled each other, sizing each other up as best they could unable to see each other under their cloaks. Both were waiting to see who would break first.

Finally Raen became bored with circling as he could not find out anything more about the figure until he began to fight. As soon as he saw an opening, he quickly darted forward, driving his dagger towards the figure's shoulder.

~*~

Levi grinned, as he easily dodged the oncoming attack. He had purposely created an opening so that the stranger before him would strike first. He quickly rebounded with an attack at their back, however his own blow was blocked as the stranger twisted with his back and knocked Levi's blade off target.

~*~
(I'm not gonna bore you all with a long fight so I'll make it short)

They continued to fight each other, testing for weaknesses and blind spots, but to no avail. Both were impregnable to one another and neither of them seemed to be able lay a single wound on the other. They could both tell that they were equally skilled and perspicacious.

Soon they added in every trick they knew yet their opposition knew every single one and darted out of the way before ricocheting with something new. Every attack they made, they found the other already well out of the way.

Finally, they both stopped briefly and just stared at one another. They had come to realise that they were both too quick for each other and both were equally matched.

~*~

Raen was impressed by the figure as he fought with him. All of the skills and tricks he knew he had taught himself, yet the figure knew them all. Raen was unaccustomed to having an adversary who matched him in skill and stamina.

As they stopped and stared at one another, Raen finally spoke and broke the slince between them, "Well, clearly we are at an impasse. We cannot outdo each other, by the blade."

~*~

Levi eyed his rival with slight respect. He had not met an opponent who knew as many tricks as he himself did or who could match proficiency before. As he heard the stranger talk he answered quickly, "Well then let us settle our dispute by words."

He saw the stranger grin, "What by insults? You're way out of your league!"

Levi rolled his eyes and smirked, "No not by insults, but I can assure you that it is more likely you who is 'out of your league' there! No, I mean this healer clearly belongs to me as I have been hired to deal with them."

~*~

Raen cocked an eyebrow at the figure's response, but did not argue back, allowing the figure continue instead. When he finished Raen scoffed, "That means nothing whatsoever! Why Asgar hired me to take care of this healer, therefore it should belong to me!"

Raen knew that the only advantage of working for Asgar was that he was one of the most powerful rouges you could work for and he held the advantage over disputes like this. Hearing the figure laugh he looked sharply at him.

~*~

When Levi heard that Asgar had hired the stranger before him, he felt a rush of anger flow through him, however he allowed his anger subside as he was curious to see what Asgar was doing. Laughing he replied, "Are you certain? Asgar hired me but," he paused and looked at the sky, "Why within this very hour!"

He looked back and noticed that the other two strangers who had annoyed him earlier were standing in the backround. Ignoring them, his gaze switched back to the stranger before him.

~*~

Raen was astounded to hear this, never before had Asgar done this. It broke the conditions that were set by those who worked for him, not that Raen followed them himself. However he was intruiged as to why Asgar did this.
"Of course I'm certain, I do know my employer is! He gave me this 'job' about an hour before you! However I am curious to know why he did this - it is not his style. How about we pay him a visit and let him settle it?"

~*~

Levi was also greatly interested at Asgar's behaviour and decided that he would accompany his rival. "I shall come, but may I inform you that our argument is not finished and I intend to finsh it after."

The stranger grinned in reply and aswered, "Why of course!"
He turned and bagan to head down the street calling to the other two, "Come on Aidem and Karay! Where did you two go?"

Levi caught up with him and asked, "Ah, so are these cantankerous street rats accomplices of yours? They have absolutely no manners on them, well himself at any rate!" he nodded towards Aidem.

Raen turned and walked backwards looking at them all an amused grin on his face, "Oh have they been giving you trouble? I wondered where they had gotten to! However I suspect that you shouldn't find anyone too much trouble, if you are as skilled as I!" he paused, "However, it would not do you any credit to underestimate these two frineds of mine - I'm pretty sure they could take care of you no problem!" Spying Aidem's dagger in hand he added, "I would watch your words outsider, you are outnumbered by three. But come, any quarrels you want to settle can wait - we are nearly there!"

Levi grinned, the stranger reminding him of himself. Obliging he followed him down the alleyway and down towards Asgar's door, yet again.

(hehe longer than I expected - sorry bout that!)
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2003 02:09
((hey, FYI, I'm out of town for a week...no time to post. Move me as you need! I trust you, Arwen! :love: ))
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2003 02:10
((( lol. The 'figure' and the 'stranger' ! Eh, not too confusing at any rate. Kinda get the feeling that even after Raen and Levi learn they're twins, Aidem's still going to find Levi rather... distasteful and unsavory.....)))

Aidem's heart sank as the duel came to a draw. There had been countless times when Raen had almost outmanuevered the man! He scowled, wishing that the two had not been so evenly matched.
It was soon revealed that Asgar had hired both of them to do this 'job' of their's, and it was also decided that Asgar be 'consulted' over this little matter. The pair of cloaked figures walked passed Karay and Aidem, Raen calling for them to follow as they went.
'Where did you two go?' Raen asked.
Aidem frowned and stopped mid step. He blinked and remembered having thought he followed Raen.

'You- he' Aidem gestured to the figure ' Oh nevermind! I'm sure we'll get an explanation when we arrive at that crazy-'

'Ah, so are these cantankerous street rats accomplices of yours? They have absolutely no manners on them, himself at any rate,' the figure gestured to Aidem.
Aidem experienced the sudden compulsion to fling himself savagely at the figure, and felt his grip tighten on his dagger. Finding no suitable personal insult, he settled for hissing curses and insults at the man through his gritted teeth, almost hoping they were heard.
Seething as they made their way to Asgar's place, Aidem found himself wondering how much longer he could tolerate the figure's company. Luckily, they soon turned down the rather familiar alley that led to Asgar's abode. Even then, Aidem found himself attempting to repress the abrupt impulse to trip the figure or execute some other petty act of retribution.

(((Hope it's okay that I got us to Asgar's place! If you want me to change it, I will.)))

[Edited on 18/11/2003 by CarolP]
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2003 12:04
A cool breeze passed over Altariels face. She woke to show her dark walnut eyes. She felt much better and much more relaxed. She traced her thin fingers over her cut cheek. It stang as she touched it, her eyes drew watery.
She only relized as she looked around the room that she was in the house that she had never seem before. Her memory flickered back to the kind elvish maiden that had run to her aid.
Good old Alagithildinshe thought.
Darkness had drawn in like a cloak over the land since she had walked the streets. Out a window she could just see the twinkling of the first stars dotting the azure sky.
She lay still, dreaming of faraway lands where others may be resting or running in the shadows up to know good, who knows?!
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: November 18, 2003 12:35
((that's fine Vende - don't change a thing! Hehe yep I think I know what you mean bout Levi and Aidem - there'll always be a slight grudge between them :evil: Oh an that's cool Rosie - don't worry I won't do anything too drastic lol!))

Asgar heard voices about to enter and knew who was coming. Quickly he strode over to Sila and clasped a hand over her mouth, dragging her into his small backroom. Swiftly gagging her and binding her hands despite her struggling, he locked the door firmly behind him. He was just in time as the opposite door flung open and four familiar figures crashed through.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'You- he' Aidem gestured to the figure ' Oh nevermind! I'm sure we'll get an explanation when we arrive at that crazy-'

Raen raised an eyebrow quizzically at Aidem, wondering if it was the odd drink in the inn kicking in or if Aidem was just going crazy. Shrugging, he followed his rival inside and down the stairs where had been painfully squashed earlier that night, while Aidem and Karay followed behind him.

"Asgar what's the meaning of this?" Raen asked, more curious than annoyed, but still held a slight feeling of anger towards Asgar for what he had done. He allowed the blade of his daggers glint in the light, allowing Asgar to see that he was in no mood to be jested with.

"Well I told you I had someone for you to meet!" Asgar retorted, finding it hard to contain a large grin of satisfaction.

Raen made a face and turned to his opponent, bowing mockily,"Pleased to make your acquaintance!" spinning around to Asgar he continued, "See? That's how long it took! You don't need to send us on a picnic to say hello to one another!"

Levi watched Raen and Asgar, unimpressed. When the stranger bowed to him, he merely cocked an eyebrow and frowned. Glancing at Asgar, he could see that he was finding the whole thing very amusing. Flinging a dagger at Asgar so it embedded itself in his desk just before him, Levi uncouthly cut in, "Asgar, I want a proper explanation, as to why this buffoon was sent on the same task as me! You are lucky to have me working for you again, I wouldn't be wise for you to rile me or squander my time! You broke the rules and I don't think I need to remind you what they are!" he snarled.

Raen glared at his new rival as he called him a buffoon. Scowling, he replied, "Well if I am a buffoon, then you are without doubt an old lag!"

The man looked at him and replied simply, "Why naturally and you must be too if you work for him!" he tilted his head towards Asgar.

Raen remained silent at this, knowing that he could not argue. Changing the subject, he turned at Asgar once more, "Well, who does this healer belong to Asgar? I want a straight answer from you for you are risking losing me. I refuse to be used like this!"

The three of them continued to argue for at least a half an hour, Levi and Raen obviously growing more and more agitated with Asgar's nonchalant mood and with each other. Eventually, Asgar yelled at them both and called their arguement to a halt, once their daggers were drawn and things began to turn ugly. They were both too quick for him and he did not want to be attacked by them both at the same time.

"Alright! Fine, if you let me get a word in I will explain!" he uttered, "Firstly, lets clear this whole thing up - there was no healer, therefore I broke no rules. Secondly, I sent you both so that you would meet each other, as I figured it was the best way for you to meet -"

Levi opened his mouth to argue that he did not want to meet this stranger in the first place, but Asgar silenced him and continued, "And thirdly, if you two would just shut up and remove your hoods it might help you to understand!"

Both Levi and Raen, looked at Asgar confused, but removed their hoods. They turned and stared at each other, completely stunned at what they saw. The room remained silent for several long moments as neither spoke a word.

Raen glared suspiciously at him, every single detail was virtually the same, except that this stranger seemed to be about an inch taller than himself. "What did you do to get yourself looking like me?" Raen asked aloud, knowing it sounded idiotic but refusing to believe what he saw all the same. Whirling around to Asgar, he asked dumbfounded,"Who is this.. this... person? I could swear he looks just like me! Although I'm starting to doubt my own eyesight!"

Levi couldn't believe what he was seeing and thought that he himself was having hallucinations, but he knew that this was not true. The man standing opposite him, was identical in every way except that he was about an inch shorter if not less. He blinked, trying to deny what he saw yet the stranger's appearance did not change. He snarled and yelled at Asgar, who's face was expressing sheer amusement, "What is the meaning of this Asgar?! Who is this?" he pointed at Raen.

"Who am I? I think the question is more likely who are you! Everyone else seems to know who I am but no one knows who you are!" Raen told him.

"Wrong Raen! I know exactly who he is, there is someone else who has an idea who he is and you are about to find out!" Asgar retorted.

Raen turned to look at Aidem and Karay, however Asgar called out, "No not them Raen! They at not right here at the moment but you can talk to them later!"

"How many people do I have to meet! Where do you hide all thses people?!"

"You already know them."

Levi growing tired with their conversation, snapped,"Hurry up Asgar! I'm waiting for an answer!"

Suddenly he noticed, his lookalike advancing angrily with his dagger at Asgar. "Stop!" Levi commanded, "You can do what you want with Asgar - I'd gladly join you, but not until we hear what he has to say first!"

Raen sighed and agreed, "Alright! But you have a lot of explaining to do Asgar and it better be good! I want to know exactly why there are now two of me in Minas Tirith - in Middle Earth for that matter!"

"You heard what he said! But I think it should be rephrased to why there is two of me!" Levi uttered.

"Well sit down all of you!" Asgar growled.

"We're waiting." Levi replied icily.

"I want no interruptions whatsoever, however there is not much to tell!" Asgar stated before starting, "First of all, Raen this is Levi. Levi this is Raen. Well as I'm sure you can both guess you are twins. Your mother did not want you so she abandoned you both immediately in different cities. I do not know who your parents were, or anything else about you apart from that Levi is a kidnapper/hostage taker and that Raen is an assassain. That is all I know about you both, but you are now reunited."

"This is a joke." Levi muttered.

"It is no joke, Levi. It is indisputable. My word is incontrovertible and you both must accept what I have told you!"

((again I do not have the time to post anymore so I shall post the rest tomorrow! ))

[Edited on 19/11/2003 by CarolP]
elfgirl555
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 19, 2003 03:46
A talll figure sat in the back of a local inn, eating a few bites of bread at time. She pushed away her plate, bored, placed a few coins on the table and slipped away, pulling cloak around her as she left.

She went out into the twilight, unwrapping a rope from around a post that was tied to her horse.

She stroked his neck gently, before taking him to the stall she had paid for before in the inn.

"Sorry, afraid I'll have to put you here for the night," she said sadly, stroking him a few times before dropping a flake of hay in his stall and leaving.

She went out into the dark streets alone, but comforted by the blade hanging at her side. There were few people on the streets as she walked by the street vendors by the edge of the small road.

She looked around, glancing at a few of the other inn signs, before just passing them all by. A small gust of wind blew her hood off her face, revealing her light blonde hair and blue eyes.

She didn't bother to put back her hood, just kept right on walking. Upon passing an alley, she thought she heard a familiar voice nearby.

She stopped, uncertain, saw a small door at the end of the alley, and started down to it, but just tossed away the thought as wishful thinking.

((I'm assuming this is night by Princess_Greenleaf's post.))

[Edited on 11/20/2003 by elfgirl555]
GreenEyedElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2003 12:31
Ëorlas unwrapped his arms from around his cousin and smiled, waiting for his response.

"My dear cousin. You speak the truth, it has been a long while. My business here is a quest, it is to find people who will accompany me on the quest to find a family heirloom of great worth in sentiment and in gold, but I have not found a soul yet. What brings you here? I would ask you to talk over a drink but, “he looked where the pub used to stand proud, "but in the circumstances, maybe not." Evethire said, lightly laughing at the now burning rubble that used to be the inn.

"I am brought here by my uncontrollable curiosity to see a new place." He paused to think for a second. "A quest is what brings you to the streets of Minas Tirith? I shall gladly join you my cousin" Ëorlas said cheerfully, putting a hand on Evethire's shoulder. “This family heirloom you speak of..what is it? And perhaps a better question would be; do you know where it is?"

Ëorlas looked back toward Aireon. She was listening to them converse and stood there quietly. Ëorlas smiled, and gave her a look, as if he were inviting her to join them on this quest.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email