Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
Post RE: At the Edge of a Knife (see OOC to join)
on: December 01, 2003 01:03
(Hehe it sure does!! :evil: Oh by the way I like your new avie!Hehe these boys are sure in trouble with the ladies!!)

"I do apologize, Sila, for anything that might have happened to you. It seems that Raen didn't find it necessary to do anything, and Levi felt it was okay to do this in the first place," she said calmly.

Levi opened his mouth to protest, "Why I am merely earning my living and doing my job! If you want to blame someone then blame Asgar for it was he who ordered me to do so!"

"Yes blame it all on Asgar - he started it!" Raen agreed enthusiastically.

"Well then, now that we're all such 'good friends,'"she said as she looked at Aidem and Levi,"is this everyone? Or are there others in closets waiting to be let out?"

"No that's it!" Levi snapped.

"What I want to know," Sila looked at Levi with no less agrivation than ever, "Is why you let me out and brought me here. Surely it's not Asgar's policy to let ransomed ladies traipse around the city and the Valar knows where else."

Levi turned between the two women, a look of disbelief written across his face. He could not believe that they were both picking on him. "Never you mind what Asgar's policy is! You'll find out soon enough!" he retorted, beginning to look uncomfortable. "Why are women such a damn nuisance?!"

"Be nice Levi!" Raen called over to him, happy that their anger was more directed at Levi than himself, although Ari had moved away from him. He looked over at her, "Forgive me Ari, please?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Why of course not, Master Levi! Really, though I was saying they were beneath the lovely Lady Sila here, but I can't expect you to be intelligent enough to observe this, so I excuse you,'

Levi glared at Aidem. As if he didn't have enough things getting under his skin, this cocky thief was beginning to irritate him. "As if I would need your exoneration! Well not everyone gets what they want all the time, although I can see that you ensure that everything is perfect for yourself!" he spat at Aidem.

'Hmm... I supppose the only thing that I find beneath me is you.'

"Well let me inform you scum that you seem to be a little confused. I think you're looking in the wrong direction for I am way above you! You are nothing but the filth under my boot! I'm way out of your league! You are nothing but a common thief who steals what he can just in order to survive whereas I'm am at the top of the rank as far as rogues and the rest of our class go. I earn vast amounts of money, I don't need to depend on others' misfortune to live on and I am well able to make my own way in the world without having to make do with the lowliest of conditions!" Levi finished callously.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raen glanced between them and wondered how Aidem might react to Levi's comments for he was sure they stung. Although he was very nonchalant and carefree, usually not caring insults people hurled at each other or arguements they got into, Raen felt that he should intervene as Levi was being unfair. Personally Raen did not rate anyone into ranks as he thought them all equal apart from the noble classes, but he could see that Levi was quite supercilious and put others beneath him.

"Well I'm sure you had to start somewhere Levi! I know for a fact that no one can suddenly become well respected and feared without earning it! I definetely spent a great deal of time inside prison and out earning my place as a first rate assassain and it wasn't easy but now I just fight off mild competition. However, growing up I was nothing but a pick pocket before I turned towards my profession! Don't consider yourself too high up for we are paid equally!" Raen commented lightly, making a point but indicating that he was not entering the arguement.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levi looked at his brother, "But of course I am well aware of that, however he is still below our class, so therefore it changes nothing. That is the way it has always been and how everyone is treated. You are treated like dirt when you are at the bottom and as you progress you earn more respect until you advance to the highest rank and only then are you respected by all of your class. It is the same with nobles.." he glanced at Sila and Ari, "The king is the highest of rank therefore he is respected the most. However, there are always some who fail to recognise this in every class, who have ideas beyond their rank and show no respect for those who are superior to themselves. It is these people that need to be dealt with and put in their place!" he looked icily at Aidem.

"I found growing up here that you were treated like dirt when you are nothing more than a young delinquent and then you earn your respect and necessary fear by whatever you do once you are no longer a juvenile. There is not a very strict division of profession and ranking here!" Raen remarked.

Levi nodded, "Ah yes well I did not grow up here. I grew up where this is so and still is no matter who you are, but even so you still had to earn you position and titling!"

He saw Raen give a shrug and reply, "Yes I suppose I did."

Levi gave a satisfied smile and concluded, "There you have it, so he is of lower ranking!"

"He is not. I had to earn a name for myself, which also has its disadvantages when you want to remain unrecognised but there is no ranking here. Nobles," he chose his words carefully, "Think all of our kind as a load of felons and brigands!" he took a sidelong look at Sila and Ari. He did not want to enrage or provoke them any further, "Well most of them."

"You would not notice if you have earned a name for yourself as you would be treated with respect." Levi replied.

Raen yawned, "This conversation is turning too controversial and serious for my liking. It demands too much thought and effort! It does not matter what echelon everyone is in or if you believe in ranking or not, I have grown bored of it and I think we should all just agree that we are equals....apart from our noble ladies here - we shall not degrade them!"

Levi shrugged and commented, "Quite the peacemaker aren't you?!"

Raen grinned, "Naturally!" He rose, "Well, we haven't got all day to sit around! We have things to get and people to find so I suggest that everyone gets themselves ready!" Glancing over at Levi he added mischieviously, "I'll give you the honours of explaining to the ladies!"

"You're too kind!" Levi retorted sarcastically.
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 01, 2003 03:05
(((What, GilEstel's, or mine? If so, thankee! poor Aidem... I think he's gonna need a hug soon... Not to say he didn't deserve it though...))))

Aidem glared at Levi, letting the comment about exoneration pass. However, the next torrent of insults and comments on Aidem's status hit him rather like a slap in the face. Blinking, he shrunk back a step. That wasn't fair.

'Well at least I don't take people away from their children and spouses to earn my money!!!!!' he shouted. Aidem slipped around the table and glared at the slightly taller man. 'Material possesions can be replaced!! People can't!!!!! At least I know that!!!' Aidem spat rancorously.
The thief stepped back, blinked, and slid over to the other side of the room. He leaned against the wall and stared at the worn and decaying floorboards while Raen and Levi debated about how lowly he was.
'I know my place, I always have, and I always will,' Aidem replied, somewhat stiffly, to Levi's comment. 'If that' he gestured to the man, 'is what having a respectable position does to you, I'd rather be lowly, by some standards at any rate,' he glared icily at Levi. 'And I can defend myself perfectly well, thank you very much,' he snapped at Raen.
He sighed as the debate drew to a halt.

"This conversation is turning too controversial and serious for my liking. It demands too much thought and effort! It does not matter what echelon everyone is in or if you believe in ranking or not, I have grown bored of it and I think we should all just agree that we are equals....apart from our noble ladies here - we shall not degrade them!" the assassin said, trying to end the quarrel.
'Quite the peacemaker aren't you?!' Levi commented.
Raen grinned, "Naturally!" He rose, "Well, we haven't got all day to sit around! We have things to get and people to find so I suggest that everyone gets themselves ready!" Glancing over at Levi he added mischieviously, "I'll give you the honours of explaining to the ladies!"
"You're too kind!" came Levi's response.
Aidem continued to stare at the floor, even as he followed the others. He had never been treated like that before. Why sure, guards and nobles had called him plenty of things worse than 'scum' and ignoble, but coming from another rogue, it shook Aidem up a little.
The criticism and shock were quickly shaken off and were quickly replaced with a bitter hatred and anger towards Levi. Within minutes, Aidem found that he loathed even being in the same room with the man. There wasn't much that he could do about it, however, as the offered sum of money was more than enough to quell the complete abhorrence of Levi.

[Edited on 2/12/2003 by eldir]
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2003 12:59
Evethire felt relaxed and much more happy about the whole thing as he felt the smooth horses muscles rise and fall beneath him. The day was clear and much a healer for clogged up minds. Settling into a rhythmed trot he advanced down the wind swept street. He passed many a house and person sauntering along. He nodded politely with a friuendly grin.
Time passed without a murmer and Evethire watched the sky change from cream to a pallid blue. The thought of his reasons for leaving his warm lodging hit him. He turned and retraced the cobbles and carpet back to his room to greet a untidy bed and closed curtains. He walked quietly over to them hanging moving slightly. A rough hand reached out and caught the egde of it. Then a knock startled him. Maybe Eorlas has risen to fell the bright morn he thought as he opened the door to see, not his cousin but another.

"Good evening sir, we've come to talk to you of you're quest, we wish to aid you." Alagithildin stated hushed.

"Good morning"
Evethire looked back at his bed and sighed.
"If you'd be so kind and wait a minute Lady, Sir" he replied not noticing Altariel yet as she stood behind the others.
Evethire half closing the varnished door he raced to his bed and made it as neat as was possible, then fixing the drapes he returned to the door.
"maybe as not for others to hear, you had better come in,"he whispered friendly"as everywhere else always holds people in their midst"
As the pretty elven maiden walked in Evethire recognized it to be Lady Alagithildin. She was followed by a tall man who Evethire didnt know of old. Though he gasped as his eyes fell on the elven maiden he had not seen in a very long time. As he remembers her she was a princess of the Firien Oakwoods but she always hated her position of royalty but then she had her father to take the throne.
When they were all in he spoke "Lady Alagithildin, Sir, Prin.., Lady Altariel, how do you know of my quest and what makes you believe you need to be involved in such wrertched danger? i have known you of old and my heart tells me peoples lives will be a stake. Sit down, please."He waved his hand at the trio of chairs vacant in the corner.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~ >>---->~~~~~~~~~~~~~~(~GilEstel~ that is wonderful, you are a god sent angel. I couldnt have said it better. I know Im copying a lot but you said everything needed!:love

There is a company of elves in the city, thier purpose, I have heard, is to find the heir of their leader, who travels with them, he goes by Evethire, and I feel that we must help him to complete this task, for fell things may happen if it should fail. Something, something I do not understand is telling me that we must aid him, will you go with me to him, to offer our help and see if any of Randir and my knowledge of the land may help?" She asked turning to Altariel. Altariel looked up into Alagithildin's eyes, "I will go with you. Evethire, hmm... something about that name.." She said softly. "What?" Alagithildin asked. "Nothing, it's nothing, I will go with you to Evethire, and we shall offer our help to him." Altariel replied.

They left the warm house and found their way with guide from Randir and Alagithildin to the The White Tree.
Alagithildin informed that he was said to be staying their.
After combing through the crowd gathered they admitted defeat and decided to request of which room he was staying.
The reply of the man behind the bar was " 'e's in rooms 24, 25, and 26, second floor at the begining of the hall."
They went up the creaky stairs and came to the told numbers.
"How do we know which room Evethire is in?" Randir asked.
Altariel frowned she had never thought of that.
Thay knocked on the first door.

"Good evening sir, we've come to talk to you of you're quest, we wish to aid you."

Altariel stood silent behind the others as Alagithildin spoke to a fimilar voice. She felt a pang in her heart as the elven voice traced his words in masculine tones. She was only a friend of his but she had missed his company for an age.

"maybe as not for others to hear, you had better come in,"he whispered friendly"as everywhere else always holds people in their midst"

She followed Randir in to the cozy room that smelt of warm clothes. She was happy to see him again. He gasped as is sweet eyes caught her's. When they went in he turned and looked mainly at Alagithildin for the reason she was the one who had requested in the first place.
They sat down at the end of Evethire's little entry speech.
Altariel thought he looked so worn and thin as he walked apprehensively to his bed and lent a hand on the end.
"But we would like to help you Evethire."she whispered quietly as if she was talking the a noble man.

elfgirl555
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 02, 2003 01:07
Ari glared at Levi and Raen after their comments about nobles, and muttered something under her breath before turning back to Sila.

"What have you been doing lately? I had just come to town to see you, but instead found him," she said, gesturing to Raen.

Sila began to answer, but Aidem and Levi broke in again with their arguing, and Raen and Levi began a discussion about something or other.

"Forgive me Ari, please?"

"Alright," she said,"but no more surprises and apologize to Sila. Now, enough of this senseless arguing! Levi, I believe you were about to explain something to us."

((Aagh, short again, so sorry I'll try to think of something or other...))

[Edited on 12/3/2003 by Tasar_Took_Nualda]
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: December 03, 2003 10:48
'Well at least I don't take people away from their children and spouses to earn my money!!!!!' he shouted. Aidem slipped around the table and glared at the slightly taller man. 'Material possesions can be replaced!! People can't!!!!! At least I know that!!!' Aidem spat rancorously.

Levi spun around and glared at him, "Yes just like the soldiers at the prisons! Sure they can be replaced with another soldier but why don't you tell that to their families!" he shook his head, "I think if you want to pick this arguement go talk to Raen. After all he's the assassain around here, I'm only a kidnapper - at least I return my captives when the ransom is paid!"

Raen cut in and protested, "Hey don't get me involved in this! What happens if they don't pay the ransom hmm? Now just leave me out of your childish bickering!"

'I know my place, I always have, and I always will,' Aidem replied, somewhat stiffly, to Levi's comment. 'If that' he gestured to the man, 'is what having a respectable position does to you, I'd rather be lowly, by some standards at any rate,' he glared icily at Levi. 'And I can defend myself perfectly well, thank you very much,' he snapped at Raen.

"Well if you always have known your place then prehaps should should start behaving like you do!" Levi retored, "Have no worry, I don't think you'd ever manage to grasp a respectable position if you tried!"

Raen remained silent and closed his mouth. Finally he replied, "I'll keep that in mind." He turned away from Aidem and Levi and left them to their arguing although he could sense that they had finished.

"Alright," she said,"but no more surprises and apologize to Sila. Now, enough of this senseless arguing! Levi, I believe you were about to explain something to us."

"I couldn't agree more! This arguement is of no use and is merely holding us up!" Looking over at Sila he continued,"I am most terribly sorry Sila and I promise to make sure that you are looked after in the best possible way!" Raen apologised, grinning when he saw the look on Levi's face. "Well Levi I'll leave all the explaining to you! I must quickly go and obtain some necessities and then we shall be on our way once I return!" Standing up he made his way to the entrance of the door and called over his shoulder, "Karay and Aidem I'll need your help!" before walking on ahead of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levi looked over at Ari and Sila. For a few long moments he remained silent and didn't speak a word to them. Spitting out the weed he had been chewing into a corner, he eyed them both before speaking.

"Well I guess you want to know what Raen's been talking about?" he began, thinking of what he was going to say. "We are going on ...... a journey!" he grinned, "It promises to be full of action and adventure and we'll be leaving within a few days. Now, Lady Sila, maybe that will answer your question. Asgar is allowing you to traipse around the city because I shall not be here and I cannot afford to leave here in Minas Tirith while I'm gone in case you are found so you shall be taking the trip with me!" Looking at Ari he continued, "Raen has informed me that you shall be travelling with us also so I'm sure we shall be a very merry company!"

Levi walked around the room and glanced around him before returning to the wall and leaning against it once more, "Now, since we are travelling with a group of strangers which are all nobles like yourselves, I have to get a few things straight." He cleared his throat, "You are both to keep your mouths shut. Lady Silamiren, you are obviously my captive but on this excursion you are going to pretend that you are merely a friend of ours. If you let it slip, I shall get my dear brother Raen to take a little trip home and to murder your father, alright? And don't think he won't do it because you're friends!" he added severely. "Lady Ari, normally under these circumstances I would have to take you captive also, however Raen will have none of it so I am trusting you remain silent and act as if Silamiren here is a friend. If you don't I shall have to act mercilessly! Any questions?"
elfgirl555
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2003 03:13
"Lady Ari, normally under these circumstances I would have to take you captive also, however Raen will have none of it so I am trusting you remain silent and act as if Silamiren here is a friend. If you don't I shall have to act mercilessly! Any questions?"

"No, that will be all, thank you," Ari said,"and may I remind you I am no one's captive and am here by choice only. I will not tolerate threats from you, nor orders."

Ari finished her sentence, and then glanced suspiciously at Raen. She wondered a bit where it was he was going in such a hurry, and then decided to catch up with him briefly. Excusing herself from Sila and managed to catch him before he left.

"Where are you going?" She asked him, glancing out the door to see if anyone was waiting for him.

"Nowhere, just out to fetch a few things before we depart. I trust Levi made everything clear to you?" He asked, running a hand over her hair lightly.

"Oh yes, perfectly clear," she muttered, her thoughts on Levi for the moment. "Alright, but no more surprises, remember? Also, for just this once, try and keep yourself out of prison? It's getting rather hard to get you out of there now."

"Yes, of course" he said, laughing, and then hugging her and giving her a quick kiss on the cheek before turning out the door.

Ari sighed and went back to Sila and Levi. She sat back down again and took another bite of bread before beginning to talk to Levi again.

"Do you know where they are going?"

Levi shrugged and chuckled, taking some food and wine for himself before answering her. He took a long swig of wine, and then replied.

"I do not, and also I do not think it's any of my business nor do I wish to know. Also, I don't believe you should pry into it either."

Ari frowned at his answer, but tolerated him for Raen's sake. She was beginning to understand Aidem's grudge against him, and wondered if she would have to deal with this the entire way there.

"So, now where are we going on this little 'adventure' of yours?" She asked Levi. "And furthermore, what is it all about? I hope this isn't another one of your elaborate criminal schemes."

[Edited on 4/12/2003 by eldir]
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2003 07:46
Sila sighed and tried not to get too angry with Levi. He obviously didn't want to drag her along, but he apparently had no choice. And she had no intention of letting on that she was being held for randsom.

"As long as I'm treated like a friend, I'll act like a friend," she muttered as Ari grilled Levi for information. "It's not as if I don't like adventures."
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: December 04, 2003 01:21
"No, that will be all, thank you," Ari said,"and may I remind you I am no one's captive and am here by choice only. I will not tolerate threats from you, nor orders."

Levi whistled and grinned. He watched her as she rose and went over to Raen before he left. He looked around him at the run down building and watched as a few tiles broke free from the remaining part of the roof and came crashing to the ground. Keeping an eye on Sila, he strode over and picked up the tiles. Looking at them closely he found marks on them and smirked. Clearly Raen had some kind of secret store of some sort above them, which no doubt had money or valuables in it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As Raen was about to walk out the door, he heard footsteps behind him. Turning around, he saw Ari standing there,
"Where are you going?"

"Nowhere, just out to fetch a few things before we depart. I trust Levi made everything clear to you?" He asked, running a hand over her hair lightly.

"Oh yes, perfectly clear," she muttered, "Alright, but no more surprises, remember? Also, for just this once, try and keep yourself out of prison? It's getting rather hard to get you out of there now."

"Yes, of course" he said, laughing, and then hugging her and giving her a quick kiss on the cheek before turning out the door. He shook his head, seeing that not many of the company thought too highly of his brother. He could see that Ari wasn't too impressed by him or whatever he had told her. He frowned, wondering exactly what Levi had told them both, after all they hadn't discussed what to say to them, but Raen was sure he had made some threat or other to them. Shrugging, he began to whistle cheerfully and ran ahead.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Do you know where they are going?"

Levi hungrily looked over the remaining food. Shrugging with a slight chuckle he grabbed a bottle of wine and inspected the other food. Lifting the lid of the stew, he quickly dropped it again and finally decided on an apple. Taking a long swig of wine, he looked at the two ladies before answering them.

"I do not, and also I do not think it's any of my business nor do I wish to know. Also, I don't believe you should pry into it either."

He saw her frown, but merely shrugged and took a large bite out of the juicy apple. He sat on the floor and made himself comfortable. Just then he heard Sila speak to him.

"As long as I'm treated like a friend, I'll act like a friend," she muttered "It's not as if I don't like adventures."

Levi grinned, "I'm glad you do like adventures for this one promises to be interesting! And of course you shall be treated like a friend, as long as you know how to act like one." Looking at them both he added, "But don't think for an instant that Raen and I shan't be watching you! We shall be watching you constantly." He smirked slightly when he thought that he hadn't asked Raen to do anything at all which included taking care of Sila's father, should she let anything slip, but he decided he would fill him in on whatever he said later.

"So, now where are we going on this little 'adventure' of yours?" She asked Levi. "And furthermore, what is it all about? I hope this isn't another one of your elaborate criminal schemes."

"Why of course not! We have been told to offer our services to a good elf who is going on a quest and we shall be paid in return!" he grinned, "Well to be perfectly honest with you, I haven't got a clue where we are going or what it is about! But we'll find all of that out later. You can ask Raen when he returns, he'll tell you what you want to know!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raen walked briskly through the streets with Karay and Aidem. Once they had reached the heart of the city he stopped and turned to look at them both. "Right, we need some supplies. I don't know how long this trip shall last so better take more than enough rather than too little. So if we split up and gather enough essentials for..." he stopped to think for a moment, "Two people each! To last for.... hmmm.. well to last for a month. I'm sure we'll be stopping along the way but we can't be too sure. Now once you have gathered everything, we shall meet down on Asgar's alleyway. After that, we shall have a little bit of fun to get the last things, then we shall return to the others. Alright?"

Without waiting for an answer, Raen headed off down a small side street, eager to get going. As he past through, he discreetly took two coils of rope and four loaves of bread. He continued on for the rest of the morning, happily gathering supplies without being apprehended or incarcerated by any of the soldiers in the city until he was soon stuggling with the vast amount of supplies he had taken. Before he had everything he needed, he made his way over to Asgar's place and burst inside. Depositing all his spoils inside the door and telling Asgar to mind them, he slipped back out and went to get the last few bits and pieces.

As he went to grab two cloaks, a guard suddenly spotted him. Raen heard the guard shouting and saw in the corner of his eye a large group heading his way. Snatching the cloaks, he quickly pulled himself up the side of a building and climbed up to the roof. Instead of heading back to where he was to meet Aidem and Karay, he swiftly ran in the opposite direction and led the guards away. Looking down, he grinned when he saw that they were following him.

Once Raen was satisfied that he had successfully thrown the guards off his trail, he turned around and made his way back down to Asgar's abode. Jumping down quietly, he landed softly on the ground and looked around him. The others hadn't arrived back just yet so Raen decided to put the rest of his supplies inside. Stepping outside again, he leant against the wall of the building and waited for the others to return.

((sorry if I moved a bit too far ahead there but I think we need to get moving a bit so we can meet up soon))

[Edited on 5/12/2003 by eldir]
GreenEyedElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2003 12:35
Ëorlas instantly woke, hearing footsteps pass his room. With his elvish ears he listened as the footsteps came closer. It sounded as if it was three people, but then they stopped, only to continue down the hall. It was another glorious morning he saw, as he opened the thin yellow curtain, revealing the soft morning sky. He looked down at the street below; it was still busy.

Grabbing his tunic off the wooden chair, he slipped it on over his light blue shirt then took his cloak and put it on as he left the room. Carefully shutting the door behind him, he walked silently to Aireon’s room. He reached her door that read 26 on a gold plate, and knocked lightly for fear of wakeing others in their vicinity. A few moments passed before Aireon opened the door, but when she did, she was dressed and ready for the day. Ëorlas followed her inside the room and sat down and at a table by the window.

“So what have you been doing all these days we’ve been parted?” Aireon asked as she joined him at the dark polished table, placing a glass of water at his side.

“When you left Mirkwood with Cael and the others I stayed there for quite some time, helping my father. I later went a ways north were I could spend some more time thinking, but I haven’t done anything worth noting.” He nodded, then took a sip from the glass.

As he looked up at her she was humming and looking out the window at the early blue sky. He set the glass down on the table and stuck out his hand as if to silence her. She stopped, and saw he was listening to a few voices coming from Evethire’s room. Aireon listened as well. They got up from the table and walked to Evethire’s room. Indeed, a few voices could be heard coming from within the room. Ëorlas knocked on the door loud enough for them to hear, and waited for Evethire.
elfgirl555
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2003 03:51
"Why of course not! We have been told to offer our services to a good elf who is going on a quest and we shall be paid in return!" he grinned, "Well to be perfectly honest with you, I haven't got a clue where we are going or what it is about! But we'll find all of that out later. You can ask Raen when he returns, he'll tell you what you want to know!"

"Your services?" She asked,"do you not mean kidnapping and murdering? When last I looked, that was considered criminal activity."

"No, of course not!" Levi said cheerfully,"Our intentions are perfectly noble, and not at all criminal! Well, I'm not going to make any promises here, but I think we will be perfect gentleman!"

"You think....?" Ari murmured to herself, turning away and getting up from her seat.

She walked upstairs, stepping over those that crumbled before her feet, and went to the few rooms that were still standing upright. She went to the window and watched Aidem, Raen, and Karay depart to the town.

She sighed as she thought of Levi and Sila downstairs. She wasn't at all looking forward to this journey of theirs, but she certainly didn't want to leave Sila with Levi.

How two that looked so alike could be so different, she didn't know. She thought of going out to the town, but she didn't want Raen to think she didn't trust him. Not that she did.

She sat there for a few minutes, and then heard footsteps behind her.
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2003 05:01
(((AHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!! Somehow it escaped me that so many posts had gone by...... I'm SO sorry, every time I checked it looked as if no one had posted and.... Oh dear. :blush: Sorry..... it won't happen again.)))

Aidem followed Raen to the center of town quietly. His firey temper had been somewhat quelled by Levi's stinging words. Not to mention that his pride was grievously injured. He sighed as Raen drew them to a halt and turned around to face them.

"Right, we need some supplies. I don't know how long this trip shall last so better take more than enough rather than too little. So if we split up and gather enough essentials for..." Raen stopped to think for a moment, "Two people each! To last for.... hmmm.. well to last for a month. I'm sure we'll be stopping along the way but we can't be too sure. Now once you have gathered everything, we shall meet down on Asgar's alleyway. After that, we shall have a little bit of fun to get the last things, then we shall return to the others. Alright?"
Aidem nodded and turned stiffly away from Karay before heading down the street opposite Raen. He made his way down to the bustling market and carefully picked his way through the various merchants' stands, picking up what he thought would be needed here and there. His eyes glinted as he spotted a wealthy young women bartering with a metalsmith over some trinket or other. Aidem made his way over and feigned bumping into the lady. He swiftly apologized and bowed with a flourish before walking off, with the very silver belt that was around her waist. No harm in securing us financially either, he thought with a grin. Aidem nonchalantly placed the belt in a bag he had stolen and continued to work his way through the market.
Soon, however, the bag became heavy, and Aidem began to get sloppy, as he could tell by the suspicious glares he was getting from the merchants. Glancing behind him, Aidem turned down an alley and began making his way to Asgar's. he grimaced at the though of confronting the old man, but there was nothing else he could do. He turned down the alley and shoved the door open before throwing his bag inside.
'Asgar!!!!!' he hollered. 'Watch my supplies! And if Raen comes bakc before I do, tell him I was here!!' Aidem slammed the door without waiting for a reply and made his way out of the alley.
He made his way back to the market, careful not to visit the same place twice. Aidem casually picked up a new bag and continued his thieving. Knives, bread, blankets, and other small things all found their way from sellers' tables into the sack.
Making his way through the jostling crowds, Aidem quickly snatched a man's pouch. He weighed it in his hand, as he walked away, mesuring the amount in his head. Not bad he shrugged, then glanced behing him to see a very angry man swiftly coming his direction. Grinning, Aidem thrust the small bag into the sack and ran like heck. Exclamations erupted from the crowds as he pushed his way through the throngs of people. Lokking behind him, Aidem observed that the man was still chasing him. Damn persistent.... he thought with a growl. Taking advantage of the unusually large crowd, Aidem flung himself around a corner a threw himself up flat up against a wall, behind a large stack of crates. Trying to regain his breath, he pressed himself to the rough stone harder as the man rushed past. Letting out a sigh, Aidem stood up and began to make his way back to Asgar's.
He turned down the alley and found Raen leaning up against the wall, waiting for Karay and him to return. Aidem tossed the bag on the ground next to Raen.
'Asgar tell you I dropped off another sack? No? Figures, I didn't expect him to anyway. I have secured for a while financially as well,' Aidem said, as he took out the man's purse, grinning. 'There's a silver belt in the other one that should fetch us a pretty penny as well,' he smirked.
'How are we going to deal with everything else? I sure as heck don't own horses and I don't know how we might get some. Unless you were planning on carrying all this on your back.'
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: December 08, 2003 10:02
((Hey don't worry bout it Vende it's fine! Happens to me all the time! ))

"Your services?" She asked,"do you not mean kidnapping and murdering? When last I looked, that was considered criminal activity."

"No, of course not!" Levi said cheerfully,"Our intentions are perfectly noble, and not at all criminal! Well, I'm not going to make any promises here, but I think we will be perfect gentleman!"

He watched as Ari murmered to herself before rising from her seat and wandering off up the stairs of Raen's crumbled ruin. He remained where he was, throwing his apple core into a dusty corner. He sat in silence, having nothing to say and took another swig from his wine. He looked over at Sila and grinned, "Would you like some wine?" he offered. Seeing the glare she gave him, he withdrew his arm that held out the bottle and put it down on the ground.

Noticing that Ari had been missing for quite some time, he rose wondering where she had gone. He looked over at Sila, speculating whether she would run away or not if he left her there. He did not think it wise to imprison her again and finally decided to bring her with him. Motioning for her to follow him, Levi made his way up the crumbling staircase. He cursed as one the steps crumbled beneath his feet and he quickly jumped onto the next one to avoid falling. "Now I can see why Raen loves this place so much!" he muttered under his breath, "So that everyone breaks their necks if they try to go anywhere!"

When he reached the top, he glanced behind him and saw that Sila was behind him. He walked down an old corridor and looked through at whatever rooms were still standing. Finally he found Ari at the window in one of the rooms, looking out in the direction where Raen and his associates had gone. He walked slowly up behind her. "Are you alright?" he asked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Raen soon spotted Aidem coming down the alley and nodded to him as he dumped a sack on the ground.

'Asgar tell you I dropped off another sack? No? Figures, I didn't expect him to anyway. I have secured for a while financially as well,' Aidem said, as he took out the man's purse, grinning. 'There's a silver belt in the other one that should fetch us a pretty penny as well,'

Raen grinned, "You think of everything Aidem!" he looked around but noticed that Karay wasn't back yet, "Yes well typical of Asgar. He wouldn't tell me just so he could have me stand around and wonder if you had been caught or not!"

'How are we going to deal with everything else? I sure as heck don't own horses and I don't know how we might get some. Unless you were planning on carrying all this on your back.'

Raen laughed and a devious look crossed his face, "Ah yes well this is where the fun bit shall come in! We are going to steal six horses once Karay has come. I know of where we can get some, although it'll be a little bit challenging - we have to go to the royal stables but I'm sure we can manage it if we're quick!" Raen's eyes glittered as he fidgeted, obviously dying to get going. He stopped and listened, "Ah I do believe Karay is coming!" he added as the sound of footsteps approached. Looking back at Aidem he asked, "So what exactly did happen between you and Levi?"
elfgirl555
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2003 03:55
"Are you alright?" he asked.

"Oh, don't pretend to care," she snapped, before her look softened. 'I'm sorry. But the fact is, I don't want to go on this little venture of yours and get mixed up in whatever it is you're doing. If I weren't worried about Sila I wouldn't be here right now. I don't trust you, I barely trust Raen, I don't even know the others, and I want nothing to do with Asgar and his criminal activities."

"Well," Levi said, always as cheerful as ever,"look on the bright side! We'll have fun!"

Ari rolled her eyes and looked out the window again, quietly asking herself "When are they coming back?"

No one else seemed to hear her, Levi just remained standing behind her, as annoyingly cheerful as ever. The way he had been treating Sila was almost too much for her. Even if it hadn't been someone she knew, treating someone like this wasn't right. She would have to talk to Raen about it.

Not that he had time to listen to her. She knew it was childish, but she had been feeling ignored, and knew that there was something about this little journey that Raen, Levi, and the others weren't telling her. She wasn't sure how Sila was involved, though.

"Anyways, it seems that they will be gone for a while. How is it that you received no invitation into town? Is there something happening that I should know about?" Ari looked at him searchingly, to see if his expression revealed anything.

Above all, she hoped Raen was still out of prison.
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2003 03:07
Rovan rubbed his eyes. He had been riding all the night to cross the border of Rohan and Gondor before the dawn in order to avoid meeting the Riders of Rohan. That would mean death to him on the spot, or, even worse, a public punishment in Edoras as a warning to the others.

Rovan extended his hand to rub his horse's wet neck. Poor Anto was tired, too, but still he kept a fast pace.

"We'll be there soon. Then you will have your rest."

The morning was getting old as Rovan approached the Gates of Minas Tirith. He halted for a moment, hesitantly. He shouldn't be considered as an outlaw outside the borders of Rohan, but he wasn't sure. What if...
Still, he needed those knives. His life could depend on his posession of them.

"Let's go, Anto," he urged the horse to move, and the beast obeyed, though reluctantly. Slowly they passed the Gate, mingled with a colorful crowd. Nobody stopped him, and he draw a deep breath of relief. Now all he had to do was find a market where he could by his knives. He hoped it wouldn't cost him too much, as he was short of money. He inquired about the way and was told to go to the Third Circle, in the North. There would be also a weaponry.

Rovan watched the White City in amazement. He had never seen anything like this, not even Edoras. Now this was a capital! As he reached the Third Circle, Rovan found an inn where he took a good care about his stallion. He didn't order a room, he feared he had no money for that. It was so expensive here! But his horse needed care. Unsaddling Anto he found the elvish "something" he had stuck there, and turned it thoughtfully in his hands. This looked like the tie it could be used. Sold, that is. Rovan decided to take it with him, just in case.

He felt so uneasy among that crowd that kept screaming and arguing about minor problems. He asked several times for a blacksmith and was sent each time in a different direction. When he finally found one, the price he set was incredible.

"Six silvers each? Are you out of your mind?!" Rovan stared at the fat but unmistakeably very strong man that stood before him, a good deal shorter than the Rider.

"That's my price. Wan'em - take'em, don' wan'em..." the man shrugged indifferently. Rovan clenched his fists. That was a robbery in a clear daylight!

"Five! And I take both." The man looked at him, calculating something in his mind. The knives were indeed good, Rovan was allowed to test them. They hit the target pefectly, and even the blacksmith had been impressed with his skill.

"Allright! Five silvers each. Wan'em packed?" the man sighed as if he had been cheated and robbed.

"No, thanks, I'll take them as they are," Rovan hid the small blades in his sleeves and paid the man. He had only three silver coins left. After he had paid for keeping and feeding Anto, he would have only one. He could hunt, true, but he would need to eat here, too. He pulled out the elvish thing.

"Excuse me, do you know where I can sell this and how much could I get for it?"

The fat man's eyes glittered.

"An ancient elvish harp? Where did you get it? Did you kill an elf?" Rovan backed away from him. "Of course not! I'm not a criminal!" You're so sure? Isn't deserting considered a crime? He decided not to think too much on the matter.

"Well," the men didn't believe him, that was obvious. "You could try your luck on the Eastern side of the market where stolen goods are sold usually. Ask for one of Asgar's boys, he might be interested in it. That is, if you don't mean to walk around with the harp high above your head until you are taken by guards and put into prison."

"Thank you," Rovan answered. He left the shop and stopped just around the corner. An ancient elvish harp? So that's what it was? What did one do with an "harp"? Rovan slid his fingers over the beautifully carved dark wood and rich silver ornaments. Whatever it was, it was beautiful. How much should he ask for it? Twenty? Thirty? Or maybe even fifty?
He stuck the harp back in his bag and walked eastward.

"Where could I find Asgar?" he asked one of suspiciously looking man in a dark hood.

"What'cha want with Asgar?" the man glared back at Rovan.

"I have something I would like to show him. Could you bring me to him?"

"You show me first, and I'll tell you if he'll be interested."

Rovan hesitated. Then he pulled the harp out. The man's eyes shone at the sight of it. Rovan hid the harp away. "Well?"

"I have a better idea. I'll take you to Ginger. She's better to deal with than Asgar, and she'll pay you better, trust me." Trust him? Rovan wouldn't trust him even if he were the only way out of Mordor. "No, I'll..."

"Gilt, it's Asgar he wanted to see, not Ginger. If he has something for Asgar, I'll make sure he makes the way to his lare!" Rovan swirled around to see a tiny but nevertheless expertly looking boy.

"Get out of here, kid! It's none of your business!" the two started to argue. Rovan frowned in disbelief. Maybe he should ask a hundered? This thing really seemed valuable. Finally it seemed that the boy had won the argument.

"I'll take you to Asgar, allright. Now, will you show me what you have? I'll have to tell Asgar what is it before I bring you before him. I only heard you speaking with Gilt."

Rovan felt even more uneasy. Maybe he should get out of this place the soonest possible? But his empty stomack reminded about itself with a soft growl, and Rovan pulled the harp out of his bag again.

"Hey! This is not yours!" a hand lay heavily on Rovan's shoulder, and he swirled around, a dagger in his hand. There was a tall elf standing in front of him, and he looked angry.

"What do you mean by that? Of course it is mine!"

"No, this harp belonged to my grandfather and was lost several centuries ago. I can't be mistaken!"

"I have no idea what you're talking about, my dear elf. I found it myself, and therefore it is mine."

"Where, where did you find it?!" a female's voice came in. A few days ago, I'm sure, in Rohan, right? You have the gear of a Rider of Rohan. My father had it when we were attacked by orcs," the elleth's voice trembled with tears as she went on,"I looked everywhere for it..."

"Your father? It can't be true. Altariel, are you sure," the tall elf turned to his a little shorter companion.

"Yes! Of course I am! I saw it well, and..."

"I'm sure you can solve this misunderstanding without me," Rovan interrupted them. He looked around, but the boy was gone. He felt like afly on a pan. There was a huge crowd around them, and he could see at least three guards hurrying their way. It was time to get out.

Both elves realized the situation, too. The male turned to Rovan.

"No, we must solve it together. If you would be so kind to follow me, hir nin..." he motioned to a sideway that led out of the market.

Rovan hesitated for a moment. Maybe it would be better to forget about the harp? But on the other hand, he was penniless...

He nodded and followed the elf, the female behind him. Rovan fingered his dagger. If they attempt to attack him...!
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Rosie_Gamgee
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2003 06:48
Sila put a hand on her friend's shoulder. "Ari, you don't have to come because of me. I'm capable of taking care of myself. Much more so than when you met me." she added with a grin. Ari smiled back. "My point is, I'm not worried. I can take care of myself, and as much as I hate to admit it," she glared at Levi, but with a little less hatred, "I trust Levi to keep his word."
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2003 09:52
'Oh, of course, the Royal Stables. Becuase we all know the great and majestic Raen can't ride any beast that's less than noble status,' Aidem grinned. 'Really though. Why can't we just rob some stables at an inn? It's SO much easier that way. Not that I don't love a challenge, but this is just insanity,' Aidem continued, ignoring Raen's question. He shifted his feet before going to lean against the wall.

'Oh fine! I thought he was you, okay?' Aidem rolled his eyes and kicked the dirt at his feet. 'And, as you can imagine, he wasn't too happy about it. He thought I was trying to start a fight and was most rude. You're just lucky I thought he was you or, chances are, you wouldn't have a brother,' Aidem pointed out. He sighed. 'If only that knife fight between those two hadn't ended so abruptly,' Aidem muttered to himself.

'Any idea when Karay's coming back?' Aidem thought a moment, a devilish smile spreading across his face. 'However, it would be just fine with me if we, oh, say 'lost' her or say, she ended up in prison.'
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: December 09, 2003 12:25
"Oh, don't pretend to care," she snapped, before her look softened. 'I'm sorry. But the fact is, I don't want to go on this little venture of yours and get mixed up in whatever it is you're doing. If I weren't worried about Sila I wouldn't be here right now. I don't trust you, I barely trust Raen, I don't even know the others, and I want nothing to do with Asgar and his criminal activities."

"Well," Levi said, always as cheerful as ever,"look on the bright side! We'll have fun!"

Levi watched as Ari turned away from him and looked out the window once more. He stayed where he was, but decided to keep his mouth closed. He could see that Ari was in no mood for talking to him. He looked around him at the dusty room and watched some stones near the top as they began to slowly dislodge themsleves in the wind. Pulling out a dagger, he flipped it casually between his fingers and whistled softly. He began to think of the journey ahead, wondering how it would go, now that he had to bring a captive with him. He was not used to dragging his captives around the place on adventures with strangers and he was sure that Sila did not want to go either, but the offer was too great and Levi could not turn it down.

"My point is, I'm not worried. I can take care of myself, and as much as I hate to admit it," she glared at Levi, but with a little less hatred, "I trust Levi to keep his word."

Levi looked over at Sila, "And keep it I shall!" he promised.

"Anyways, it seems that they will be gone for a while. How is it that you received no invitation into town? Is there something happening that I should know about?"

Levi looked over at her. He could see her searching look but his face remained blank. "Well I have to stay here and watch over Sila so that she doesn't run off. I could have gone but then I would have to imprison her again and I did not think it was fair so I remained behind." he grinned, knowing that he didn't lock Sila up because it would cause uproar. "No nothing is happening. Raen just has some things to do before we go that's all!"

He looked at Ari and could see she was impatient for Raen's return. "Don't worry, Raen will arrive back soon enough! I highly doubt he's stupid enough to get himself incarcerated now just when we're about to leave! He won't get himself caught!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Oh, of course, the Royal Stables. Becuase we all know the great and majestic Raen can't ride any beast that's less than noble status,' Aidem grinned. 'Really though. Why can't we just rob some stables at an inn? It's SO much easier that way. Not that I don't love a challenge, but this is just insanity,'

"Why of course! I have no intention of riding some animal that is covered in fleas and has bones sticking out all over the place! Besides, we want to give a good impression when we find this elf!" he grinned at Aidem, "I never go for the easier route! When have you ever known me to be sane anyway?"

'Oh fine! I thought he was you, okay?' Aidem rolled his eyes and kicked the dirt at his feet. 'And, as you can imagine, he wasn't too happy about it. He thought I was trying to start a fight and was most rude. You're just lucky I thought he was you or, chances are, you wouldn't have a brother,'

Raen shook his head and laughed, "I can just imagine! Yes I must admit he is a bit supercilious and much shorter on temper than myself. You two really hate each other! Well, best if you both just pipe down and lay off each other when we join up with this elf, we don't want to give the wrong effect!"

'Any idea when Karay's coming back?' Raen saw the devilish smile creeping across Aidem's face. 'However, it would be just fine with me if we, oh, say 'lost' her or say, she ended up in prison.'

"Aidem be nice! After all she got you out of prison! And it wouldn't be fine with me anyway, we need her!" Raen replied.

Just then Karay came around the corner. Raen smiled and hastily took her supplies from her. Opening Asgar's door, he quickly dumped them inside before reappearing. Looking at Karay he quickly informed her of where they were going next. "Come Karay! We are going to the Royal Stables to steal two horses each!" he looked at both Aidem and Karay, "And I trust you both know how to pick horses of high quality!"

With that, Raen quickly spun around and eagerly ran down the alley. He kept running, passing through the various levels of the city. As they neared the palace, the buildings all around them became bigger and more lavish. Raen ignored the looks he recieved from the wealthier citizens, well aware that he was completely out of place but he didn't care. It was harder to blend in as you travelled closer to the heart of the city so he decided that he wouldn't even bother.

Soon, the final wall of the city was just ahead of them. Raen stopped a good distance away from the seventh wall and carefully scrutinized every inch and last detail of the wall and it's defence. He could see that it was heavily guarded and you needed special permission to enter the Citadel. He looked over at Aidem and Karay excitedly, "So any ideas? Obviously we're going to have to disguise ourselves, but what about the special permits?"
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2003 09:40
Evethire looked over at Altariel. "It is true, I do need more company but.."
Evethire never finished his sentence, a knock at the door made him cease. He had forgotten about his cousin,Eorlas and Lady Aireon.
"Excuse me, I had better see who that is." he muttered opening the door.
"Do we have company Evethire?" his cousin inquired.
"Indeed we do, they want to go on the quest. But dont tarry, do come in, or do you have other plans?"
Evethire opened the wooden door so Eorlas couldd see the three figures sitting.
Eorlas walked in followed by Aireon.
"Let me introduce you. This is my cousin, Eorlas, and then Lady Aireon. They also are accompaning me on this journey."
"Eorlas meet Lady Alagithildin, Lady Altariel and Sir Randir, isnt it?
"Now that we are all here. I cannot lie, it would be great to have you as company. I would cherish your skills, but I dont want you to feel bound to the quest's fate. It will be long and tough going.If you still remark that you would like to come, I honour you." He smiled as a sort of friendly full-stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Altariel sat up straight as a fair elven maiden and another elf, of fair appearance walked in. Evethire introduced them as his cousin and Lady Aireon. She thought to herself, Evethire never mentioned a cousin before.
She stood to offer her seat but no one excepted it.
Evethire once again had words of worry and warning.
When he had finished Altariel spoke "Evethire, we didnt come here to here of it, we came to help you. I dont know about Lady Alagithildin and Sir Randir but I am not perturbed. I will go to the end for you and your family. It doesnt concern me if it claims my life, I will know I have dieD for a reason of bravery and strength, as my Father would have wished." She bowed her head slightly as her face became quivery. "But if you turn me away, I can not prove him my bravery."

Evethire listened as Altariel spoke of her wish to come. Her words were clear but melancholic. His heart was touched to here her father lay dead, that would make her queen. Her stared at her thin and fragile self. She nearly weeped with anxiety.
"If it is your wish, let it be done. If any of you want to turn your noses to the wind and return home and stay thee, you may."
With that he walked to the door "I think we should leave this room anyway. Maybe a meal is in order."
As they all went out Evethire smiled at Aireon and Eorlas with a slight guilty grin.
A few moments later, they were seated eating in a corner. The corner reminded Evethire of the now ashed remains of the pub before. "Bloody criminals" he muttered to himself.
When had finished he frown a them "There is something I must attend to, but if you would like to staying here and talk. For the place I am going isnt for crowds." Evethire finished.
He got up and went to the door, looking back he saw them consumed in conversation.
He walked down the street, the hearing footsteps behind him he turned. It was Altariel.
"Queen Altariel, I mean.."
"Please do not call me that. I am nothing of royalty, except it is in my blood."
"Sorry, I didn't mean to offend you."

"Evethire, you didnt" She seemed to cherish the name as she said it.

"It has been so long since I have seen you. Where were you."
"Well, I was travelling and I consumed my life in that."

"Ah, I see. I to have travelled but not as much as you I should imagine. Evethire where are you going?"

"Well, I.. lost a knife..and I was going to see did it make way to the stolen goods market place." he whispered the last bit softly.

"Evethire" she frowned.

Ideed they went to the place in hope of fing a Elvish knife. A man was standing by as they approached. He was holding something, which looked like a harp.
Thats strange, Evethire thought. The hair on the back of his neck prickled as he looked across at the harp. It seemed familiar, the carvings anyway. It jolted his memory. He had seen the harp before, but where.
Suddenly he realized he had seen a drawing of it. The harp was a family heirloom. He could pacificely see the page where it was drawn and the markings. The picture had stated, there is only one of the harps ever made.
No wonder this criminal was in the stolen goods market.

"Hey! This is not yours!" he layed a hand of the mans shoulder as to attract his attension.

"What do you mean by that? Of course it is mine!" the man replied equally angry.

"No, this harp belonged to my grandfather and was lost several centuries ago. I can't be mistaken!" Evethire challenged.

"I have no idea what you're talking about, my dear elf. I found it myself, and therefore it is mine."

Altariel frown and then gasped "Where, where did you find it?!" she asked surprised at something. "I'm sure, in Rohan, right? You have the gear of a Rider of Rohan. My father had it when we were attacked by orcs," her heart raced.
"I looked everywhere for it..."

Evethire turned to Altariel with astonishment "Your father? It can't be true. Altariel, are you sure,"

Altariel let her shoulders fall "Yes! Of course I am! I saw it well, and..."

"I'm sure you can solve this misunderstanding without me," the man stated.
Evethire felt stupid and betrayed. He cooled his anger and said calmly "No, we must solve it together.You are apart of this. If you would be so kind to follow me, hir nin..."

The man looked courious and not trusting but he followed Evethire anyway. Evethire thought maybe he should bring him to the inn where he was staying.
He looked back at the man "So how did you find it kind Sir?"

Altariel trailed behind feeling she would be in trouble somehow with Evethire's family.She caught the eye of him as he looked back. He wasnt angry just flustered. He still looked calm and friendly. She thouht to herself, What about the knife?

(Sorry i had to leave you all in a inn but I had to find the harp )

elfgirl555
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2003 03:03
"I trust Levi to keep his word."

"Well, that makes one of us," Ari said, looking at him disgustedly. "I, for one don't trust him. And you must promise that you and Aidem will try to get along so you don't drive the rest of us positively mad."

He nodded and responded to Sila, before turning back to talk to her.

"Don't worry, Raen will arrive back soon enough! I highly doubt he's stupid enough to get himself incarcerated now just when we're about to leave! He won't get himself caught!"

"That's what you think. Don't forget, I have known him a bit longer than you. He may, he may not. There is reason to worry now. He and the others are probably stealing jewelry, killing townspeople, causing public brawls, something along those lines." Ari finished, looking at the amused look in Levi's eyes. He clearly did not know much about his brother.

"Well, then we do seem to have a lot in common. Perhaps we will have a good time on this little trip of ours." Levi seemed to be planning something, so Ari turned back to the window, not wanting any part of it.

"Don't worry, Sila. I know you can take care of yourself. But I don't want to abandon you with this little group. I only trust Raen, not the rest, and as he seems not to care anymore, I will stay." Ari said to her friend while still looking out the window, as she heard a loud crashing sound in the distance, presumably the back wall.

((I think we need to get something interesting for the three of us too!))

[Edited on 12/12/2003 by Abraon]

[Edited on 1/19/2004 by elfgirl555]
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 02:41
'Oi!' Aidem muttered to himself as Raen took off running down the alley. He sighed and began sprinting to catch up with him.
Raen quickly began leading them through the upper circles of the city. The buildings went from well constructed and good quality to excessively decorated palatial buildings. Aidem was well aware of the disgusted looks the nobles shot them and just grinned roguishly in return. He was made slightly uncomfortable by his surroundings, but managed to shake the feeling off as they arrived at the seventh wall in the city. Raen stopped and inspected the wall, quite a distance away.

'So any ideas? Obviously we're going to have to disguise ourselves, but what about the special permits?' Raen asked.
Aidem shrugged and replied, 'Forgery, I suppose.' He looked down at his clothes and laughed. Tattered, worn, and dirty, he looked what he was: a theif. 'So, then I suppose none of us thought to bring clothes, 'cause I sure as heck won't get in wearing what I am. Even stablehands dress more finely than I do.' Aidem thrust his hands into his pockets and leaned against a nearby wall. 'I thought you would be the bearer of the bright ideas, Raen. How do you normally get into a highly guarded area? You do things like this for a living.'
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 02:59
"That's what you think. Don't forget, I have known him a bit longer than you. He may, he may not. There is reason to worry now. He and the others are probably stealing jewelry, killing townspeople, causing public brawls, something along those lines."

Levi's eyes filled with amusement as he listened to Ari talking about what his brother was most likely doing. He grinned, thinking that he had more in common with Raen then he thought. "Well, then we do seem to have a lot in common. Perhaps we will have a good time on this little trip of ours." A thoughtful look spread across his face as he began to think of what they could do. His lips curled into a devious grin and his black eyes lit up. Glancing over at Ari he could see her obvious look of disgust as she turned away from him. He shook his head, thinking of how much Ari and Raen were opposites and completely unlike each other. Raen lived for causing havoc and is a well known felon, whereas Ari is of noble lineage and hates anything criminal whatsoever, apart from Raen maybe.

Levi heard Sila and Ari talking amoungst themselves but he didn't pay any attention. He looked around briefly when he heard the crash and guessed that it was just another part of the ruin collapsing. He began to pace the room, growing tired of hanging around listening to the maidens while Raen was out having all the fun. Although he was not imprisoned, Levi felt cooped up inside the ruin with nothing to do or anywhere to go. He began to think of what to do. Looking over at Ari he thought to himself. She wanted nothing to do with anything illicit yet she just wanted Raen to return. He sighed, wondering what the three of them could do to pass the time. Women make things so difficult! he thought to himself.

Suddenly he decided what they were going to do. Ceasing his pacing he gazed over at the two of them, his black eyes glinting excitedly. He would do something to suit both him and Ari. His gaze turned to Sila, feeling sorry for her for a brief second but knew that she would only ask him to release her if he asked her what she wanted to do. "Alright well seeing that none of us want to stay here, let's go!" he annouced. He caught sight of the puzzled looks he was recieving and added, "Well you want to see Raen, I want to get out and amuse myself and Sila needs to practise acting as a friend! So I have decided that we shall go and find Raen!" He grinned at them both wondering what they thought.

((Ok let's spice things up a bit for these three!))

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aidem shrugged and replied, 'Forgery, I suppose. So, then I suppose none of us thought to bring clothes, 'cause I sure as heck won't get in wearing what I am. Even stablehands dress more finely than I do.' Aidem thrust his hands into his pockets and leaned against a nearby wall. 'I thought you would be the bearer of the bright ideas, Raen. How do you normally get into a highly guarded area? You do things like this for a living.'

Raen shrugged slightly and replied, "Well generally I'm more prepared when I'm working and look the part, but for this? Hmmmm....." his face turned thoughful as his crooked mind began to work. He gazed at the gate for a long time, not saying a word. Finally he managed to settle on an idea.

"Alright! We won't need to forge anything and we shall look the part! All we need to do is make our way away from the Citadel slightly and lie low and wait. I've heard news that the King is calling many Rangers to come for some counse or other and they have been arriving over the past couple of days, therefore more will arrive today. So if we wait until some come, then we simply ambush them, take their permits and their cloaks or whatever needed! There you have it!" he grinned, "So we have to wait but a little but I can't come up with much else apart from setting the place on fire which wouldn't work as it is made of stone and there are too many guards!"

[Edited on 13/12/2003 by Arwen_Undómiel22]
elfgirl555
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 12, 2003 03:41
Ari couldn't tell what Levi was thinking, but likely it was about Raen and herself. She knew that it was a bit of a shock to most to learn that they were even friendly to eachother.

"Alright well seeing that none of us want to stay here, let's go! Well you want to see Raen, I want to get out and amuse myself and Sila needs to practise acting as a friend! So I have decided that we shall go and find Raen!"

Ari looked at him in a bit of disbelief. This seemed like something Raen would do.

"We can't just go walking all over the city looking for him. That would take far too long, and as we have no idea where he is at the moment..."

Levi clapped a hand over her mouth and waved his free hand in the air for emphasis.

"So much worrying! Why can't you ever just go along with anything we come up with? Why are you such a trouble? You need to stop worrying and have some fun." Levi grinned and turned to Sila.

"So, are you up to it?"

Ari's fce showed she objected to this remark, but still Levi kept a firm hand over her mouth.

"I...I...I guess," Sila said, looking confused as she looked from Levi to Ari and then to Levi again.

"Then it's settled! Let's go!" Levi turned out the door, and Sila looked doubtfully at Ari before walking slowly after him. Ari still had a look of indignation on her face, but she followed him out the door.
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2003 01:40
The man answered according to Altariels story of orcs. Evethire, tailed by Altariel brought the man to his inn, where he was staying. He hoped that there wasn't going to be to much trouble.
The door creaked on its hinges as he pushed it open. The wave of laughter and voices rose to his ears.
"I have a few friends over...," then he thought maybe he shouldnt bring him over to the "fellowship" of his quest.
Instead he brought him to a smaller room behind the main bar.
There was a few small tables in this room. People sat around these spotted tables including some figures of unknown race. They were seated whispering drinking steaming drinks. He couldnt really see their faces. Evethire smiled nervously at them and then gestured towards a table and seats.
They sat down.
"Well, what can I say. We each have a connection with this single harp."
The hooded creatures turned their shadowed heads toards them, listening.
"Would you like a drink"Altariel asked hoping she could leave.
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2003 10:12
Aidem grimaced at the thought os assaulting Rangers, but it was as good a plan as any.
'Fine, we'll attack some Rangers then. Do you have an obsession with fire or something?' Aidem cocked an eyebrow at Raen. But the assassin was already making his way back down the streets, to wait some way down the road that led up to the gates.

(((Gyeh... nasty post! Such shortness!!! I'm lacking inspiration... sorry. )))
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: December 14, 2003 02:21
"We can't just go walking all over the city looking for him. That would take far too long, and as we have no idea where he is at the moment..."

Levi clapped a hand over Ari's mouth and waved the other dismissively in the air as he interrupted her, "So much worrying! Why can't you ever just go along with anything we come up with? Why are you such a trouble? You need to stop worrying and have some fun." His dangerous black eyes glinted with excitement, a sly grin sliding across his face as he turned towards Sila. "So, are you up to it?" He kept his hand over Ari's mouth to prevent her from speaking as he was sure she would protest at his remark.

"I...I...I guess,"

"Then it's settled! Let's go!" Levi srang forward eagerly and left the room, returning to the lethal staircase. Deciding it would be wiser to skip the staircase out completely, Levi turned and jumped down the side, landing on the ground lightly. He turned and waited for Ari and Sila to make their way down. He saw the look of annoyance on Ari's face and winked at her.

Frolicing out the door, Levi eagerly made his way towards the city, his eyes flitting back to the maidens every so often to ensure they were still there. He turned around and continued to walk backwards as he urged them both to catch up with him. As soon as they were beside them he eagerly pranced on.

"How do we know where to find Raen?"

Levi grinned as he heard one of them questioning him from behind. "It's quite simple. Look for somewhere that is either in total uproar or has the appearance of it! Alternatively we will find out if I cause a commotion from simply walking down the street!" He chuckled softly and rounded a corner, walking out onto the eastern side of the city where the market of stolen goods was held. He made his way across through, not particularly interested in what was being sold. Suddenly he heard an angry voice cry out, "Hey! This is not yours!" He stopped briefly to see if Raen was around, but merely found two elves and a man quarreling amoungst themselves. He would have walked on except suddenly something in the man's hand caught his eye. Levi did a double take and a wide grin spread across his face at the sight of the ancient harp. He knew it was worth a lot of money and it was something he couldn't just pass by and ignore.

Putting a hand out to stop Sila and Ari, he motioned for them to keep quiet and watched the arguement. Soon he noticed that they were departing and he caught sight of guards heading their way in the corner of his eye. Pulling up his hood so it cast his face in shadow, making it indistinguishable. He nodded for the others to do so also and quickly followed the strangers down the street.

"Where are we going?" he heard Sila inquire.

He whispered softly, "We shall find Raen soon, but first of all we are going to have a drink! Keep your voices down and don't attract any attention!" Not listening for any response, Levi hurried silently in the shadows after the strangers. Soon he realsied that they were going into an inn just ahead. Grabbing Ari and Sila he quickly brought them around the back of the inn and entered it through a small door.

Entering a small quiet room, levi brought them over to a table and ordered some drinks from the bartender. He looked around him, his keen black eyes searching for the strangers. Moments later they entered the small room. Levi saw the he-elf give them a nervous smile before sitting down. Remaining silent Levi listened to their conversation intently.

Levi looked over, his face unseen as it was cast in darkness. He noticed the he-elf glance at them momentarily before turning back to the others to resume his conversation. Levi looked back at Ari and Sila, keeping quiet but giving the impression that he was no longer listening to them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Fine, we'll attack some Rangers then. Do you have an obsession with fire or something?'

Raen walked down the street eagerly but heard Aidem's question as he went. He grinned and called over his shoulder, "I suppose you could call it that!" He walked on and slipped into the shadows.

They did not have to wait too long, for after about half an hour, the sound of voices could be heard making their way to the Citadel. Raen put out his pipe and fingered a dagger, hoping that the strangers that were about to walk around the corner were Rangers.

((sorry Raen's part is so short - I have no time left but will post the rest tomorrow!))

[Edited on 15/12/2003 by Arwen_Undómiel22]

[Edited on 15/12/2003 by maeghin]
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2003 06:38
Rovan followed the elf also into the inn, though reluctantly. He didn't like clodes places. He spent all his life in the open plains of Rohan, the sky had been his ceiling and the grass his floor, and the sight of four walls around made him feel uncomfortable. He had told everything about him finding the harp, except for the meeting with his family and the fact of himself being an outlaw. They ha no reason to know it.

Now, the inn was a pretty bad option for Rovan, but the small room was even worse. It made him feel claustrophobic. It seemed crowded! How in the world did this elf imagine a private talk there?!

Rovan noticed the hooded company of three turning their heads. Were they listening? What business could they possibly... Then his suspicious sight fell on the elf.

"Would you like a drink?"

The elleth got up obviously willing to leave the room.

This was an ambush! She was to call for the others, and these three were here to attack him! Rovan thought he could see the elf's intentions clearly. With his hand on the hold his sword, totally prepared for an attack, Rovan rose from the table.

"I think I'll have to refuse. This time. There are many things I still have to take care of," he moved to the doorway, every muscle tense and hard as stone. Only one thought was on his mind: he had to get out!

"No, wait! We just started to talk, and we have to solve the problem we have faced. You can't leave with the harp! Neither Altariel nor I have announced you the owner of it!" the elf had stood up, too.

"I had considered elves to be an honorable race, unable to deceit and treachery. Now I am deeply sorry to see that it is not so. Otherwise I wouldn't have let myself be fooled like a sheep! I am leaving, unless you plan to stop me!"

Rovan saw the three hooded creatures move nervously. He tried to keep everybody in his sight.

"Deceit? Treachery? I don't think I understand what you are talking about, good sir! Deceiving you has never been my plan. And I assure you that the elves are an honorable race! You can trust me on that. I have invited you here for a private talk, and talk only."

Rovan narrowed his eyes. He seemed earnest. But then, he might also be a good actor.

"Stopping you was not my intention, but if it is yours to claim this harp as belonging to you without hearing out my... our reasons, I will stop you, considering you a thief!" the elf took the hold of his weapon. Rovan partly unsheathed his sword. Eying the small room, he noted that there was too little place for a fight. He wouldn't be able to defend himself against five enemies without enough place to move.
We still remember, we who dwell In this far land, beneath the trees The starlight on the Western seas...
In the Realm of Ulmo
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: December 17, 2003 12:07
Raen's eyes danced excitedly as a group of four Rangers rounded the corner, unsuspecting an attack this close to the Citadel. Grasping this oppertunity before he lost it, Raen quickly signaled for Aidem and Karay to attack.

Springing out of the shadows, Raen quickly grabbed two from behind and pulled them into the darkness, his hands slipping over their mouths, knowing that they couldn't afford to attract attention. He glanced over briefly at Aidem and Karay but was confident that they could take care of themselves.

The Rangers put up a good fight, seeing that they were caught unawares, but Raen was too quick for them. He quickly searched them for their permits and was not disappointed. Snatching one of their cloaks, Raen threw it across his shoulders and pulled the hood up, in case there was a risk of him being recognised.

Once he was sure that they were all convincingly disguised, Raen led them towards the gates of the Citadel as calmly as he could, but he was overflowing with exhilaration inside, finding hard to contain his thrill at the sheer thought of causing complete bedlam and uproar right in the stronghold of the city. This wasn't something you could get away with that often...

Reaching the gates, he bowed his head and held out the stolen permit. The guard on duty inspected it carefully before nodding and opening the gates to allow them inside. Raen's eyes sparkled dissipatedly and he practically skipped joyfully towards the stables. He stopped briefly and pretend to be in deep conversation with Aidem and Karay, waiting for a large company of soldiers to depart from the stables across from them.

As soon as the last soldier passed them, Raen eagerly pranced across the the stables. Whispering softly to the others, his voice practically inaudible he spoke, "Remember, take the best that you can find! Don't leave until we are all ready or we shall be trapped before we've even gotten them out of their stables!" With that said, Raen swung left and headed down a line of stalls, eyeing the horses up meticulously.
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 17, 2003 02:46
((( Sorry me no post in a couple days, but I've been occuppied crying over RotK. Excellent!!! I've seen twice already.)))

Four Rangers quickly rounded the corner and Aidem lashed out at Raen's signal. He took a swing and hit one hard in the face, before dragging him back into an alley where the Ranger gave Aidem a run for his money.
Aidem quickly found the Ranger's permit along with a small bag of coins and stuffed both items into his pocket. He unfastened the Ranger's cloak and threw it about his shoulders before unbuckeling one of the man's daggers and fastening it about his waist. Taking one last look at the man lying on the ground Aidem noticed a veil around his neck. He knelt and untied it before securing around his own neck and pulling it up to cover the lower half of his face. The cloak was a little big, but it didn't matter much, only helped to conceal his identity more.
Raen glanced at Aidem and Karay, mischeif sparkling in his eyes, before turning and heading towards the gate. Two guards halted them and Aidem swiftly drew out the slip of paper before handing it to the guard. The guard nodded at the paper, and was about to hand it back but stopped and gazed at Aidem intently. He swallowed behind his veil and fixed his gaze on the guard.
'A problem, my good guard?' he asked, his tone as good-natured as could be hoped. The guard shook his head and handed Aidem the permit.
'Ah, no, just unusual to go veiled in your home land, is all,' the guard replied, suspicion creeping into his voice. Aidem, however, was saved from having to respond, as a group of soldiers halted behind the trio and chidingly told the guard to let him pass. The guard nodded grudgingly and Aidem quickly rejoined Raen, sighing, as the group of soldiers passed behind them.
Raen eagerly led them to the stables, obviously thrilled to be wreaking havoc in the seventh circle. Aidem, however, was slightly less confident. Stealing in the lower circles was a minor thing, but thieves in the upper circles were often put to death if their crime was bad enough. Aidem glanced around as they entered the stables. There were several stable hands scuttling about the area. A few looked at him askance, and he glanced at Raen. Without a word, he stepped forward to knock the stablehand over the head and shove him in a closet.
'Can't have them running around, teling everyone of our doings, no can we?' Aidem grinned, and soon the four or five men in the stables were all locked in various room around the building.
He heard Raen call softly to pick only the finest. Grinning, Aidem lowered his veil and worked his way down the stalls, checking each horse's condition and quality. Some minutes later, Aidem came upon a fine dark grey Thoroughbred, pacing nervously in it's stall. Unlatching the gate, he held out his hand and slowly approached the horse. It shied away, but the theif quickly caught a firm hold upon a rope fastened to it's bridle. He reached up and layed a hand on the grey's forehead as it spooked, before leading him out of the stall. Aidem also found a lovely chestnut brown horse with a star on it's forhead, for whomever it's new owner was to be. Neither of the animals were particularly trusting of him, but the grey in particular pulled on the rope, prancing this way and that.
Aidem quickly made his way to the tack room and tied both horses to a post in the ground. Looking around, Aidem selected two fine leather saddles and two lush saddlepads embrodered with the White Tree upon a black background. He quickly positioned the saddles on the animals' backs and tightened the girth strap underneath their bellies. Aidem glanced around the tack room and picked up a black pair of leather riding gloves.
Minutes later, he led them to the other side of the stables and found Raen, leading his two horses as well.
'Shall we Master Raen?' He grinned, tugging the gloves over his hands before mounting the large grey horse.

((Heh heh... sorry everyone, I have a thing for horses.... :drool: )))

[Edited on 18/12/2003 by Vende]
Arwen_Undómiel22
Insane Insomniac
Send Message
on: December 19, 2003 01:51
((hehe that's ok Vende - I love them too! :love: - Even though every accident I have is involved with them! Hehe! Yeah ROTK was absolutely BREATHTAKING I'm speechless still! :heart:Well I've only seen it once so far but that'll soon change! ))

Raen stalked down the aisle of stalls, stopping every so often to look a horse over, but moved on, none impressing him too much so far. He wanted the best he could get. Moving on towards the very end of the aisle, a grin spread across his face. He stopped and looked over a large stallion who's tether was tightly tied to the wall. The stallion was a dark bay with three white socks on its legs and a blaze running down it's face. Turning towards it, Raen saw the whites of it's eyes as kicked the wall, leaving a wide indent and a crack. He could see that this horse had a fiery streak in him and would be a handful. Perfect for Levi! Raen thought with a sly grin, Let's see what kind of horseman he is!

Swiftly entering the stall, Raen untied the rope and led the horse out who instantly tried to take a large chunk out of his back. Swerving out of the way, Raen firmly put his hand underneath the halter and held the leather beneath the muzzle. The horse pranced foward and struggled to break free from Raen's grip. Leading it over to a wall, Raen quickly tied the stallion up until he had picked a horse for himself.

He walked on, inspecting the others, when suddenly he heard a loud neigh of anger, almost like a scream and the crashing of hooves against wood. Glancing ahead, Raen's black eyes caught sight of a wooden door splintering and pieces of wood flying onto the aisle. Grinning, Raen raced towards the stall, the other horses forgotten. He stopped opposite the door, but kept a slight distance apart from it. Raising his eyesbrows, he whistled exultantly.

Opposite Raen was a mighty black stallion. He was coal black, not a fleck of white on him to be found and his conformation was flawless. His coat shone blue in the light and his eyes had a wild fire burning within them. Raen's eyes widened in delight and his grin spread broadly across his face. The feral stallion threw his head up and snorted, his nostrils flaring. He lashed out at the door again and sent wood flying towards Raen, who did not move, completely enraptured by the turbulent and wild stallion.

Finally moving forward, Raen swiftly broke the lock on the door and slipped inside. The stallion reared up, his hooves thrashing and aimed at Raen's head. Raen ducked and grabbed the ragged rope, which had been torn from its hook. Whipping his cloak off Raen proceeded to cover the horses eyes, so he could just about manage to lead it out. Collecting the other horse, he led them over to the far wall where he spotted some tack, stored on the racks there. Tying them firmly to a post, he removed his cloak and ambled over to take some tack. He heard an angry whinny behind him and glanced to see the two horses lashing out at each other.

Grabbing two beautifully decorated saddles with two saddlepads - the White Tree decorating the thick black material and two bridles, he returned to tack them up. Deciding it was best to leave the bridle until last, Raen swiftly tacked up the dark bay, avoiding its kicks and attacks. Once the girth was securely tight, he threw the reins over its head and quickly transferred the bridle onto his its face, replacing the halter. He turned to look at the black stallion and smirked, knowing that tacking him up would be no easy task. He rapidly placed the saddlepad followed by the saddle itself comfortably on its back and had the girth tightened before the stallion knew what was happening. He laughed as the horse had a pure look of disgust written across its face and began to tug and rear up, desperate to escape. Placing an arm tightly around the horse's muzzle, he put the bridle over the halter and only removed the halter once the bridle was secure.

Suddenly Raen felt a sharp pain in his arm and he looked down to see two red welts from the horse's teeth. The stallion had a triumphant look in its eyes and it snorted loudly. Raen glared and rubbed his arm before untying them both and leading them down the aisle in search of the others. He knew that they couldn't linger here too long or they would be caught.

As he turned a corner, he saw Aidem leading hid two horses. Raen looked them over as they aproached and grinned, knowing Aidem had made a good choice. He stopped where he was, trying to keep the horses as far apart as possible to avoid a fight. His arms felt they were being pulled out of their sockets as the horses pulled and pranced away in opposite directions.

'Shall we Master Raen?'

A devious grin spread across Raen's face and he too turned to mount. The black stallion eyed him suspiciously and Raen quickly vaulted up before it had a chance to do anything. He held the other horse's reins and led it behind. While they waited for Karay, he turned to Aidem, "I like your choice in horses! Very noble steeds indeed!"

Moments later Karay came around the corner with her horses, already mounted on one of them. Raen nodded to her, approving of her good judgement also. His black stallion began to prance around and lash out at the other horses, chomping on its bit, attempting to buck Raen off every so often, but Raen had a good seat and was not easily dislodged from a horse. Turning the stallion in a tight circle he gave it a slight touch with his heels and it took off, shooting out into the courtyard. Raen held it back and stopped beside a burning torch. Grinning at Aidem he took it from the wall and rode forward again. "I'm sure you can guess what's coming up next!" he joked. Urging his stallion on, he cantered over to a large wooden structure that stood beside the great doors. Flinging the torch he watched as it caught alight before spinning around.

"Let's go!" he shouted gleefully, galloping towards the gates. He could hear sounds of soldiers shouting and running in all directions as they had clearly discovered the fire and the stolen horses. Raen raised his eyebrows, surprised that it had taken them so long to discover what they had done, but he did not stop to think about it. He saw the guards hurriedly trying to close the gates and kicked his horse to put on an extra spurt of speed. The stallion eagerly leapt forward, more intent on ridding himself of Raen but glad to be on the move once more.

Flying out of the narrow opening, Raen let out a loud whoop of joy. He continued down the streets, dodging through the shocked crowd, citizens screaming as he nearly drove them to the ground, avoiding them at the last moment. The loud clatter of hooves echoed through the streets and shouts drifted from behind them. Laughing aloud in total mirth and hilarity, he led them through the city.

Eventually the pursuing shouts and roars died away. Slowing his stallion down, Raen tired to look more casual instead of someone who was running away from the royal guards. He noticed the confused and puzzled looks they all recieved and chuckled. He was sure that they did look unusual: grand and noble horses with scruffy and dirty riders didn't exactly mix together. Passing through the last wall of the city and into the first division, Raen led them to Asgar's place. Collecting their swag and and putting on the spare horses, they made their way to Raen's abode.

When they arrived, he leapt off and brought the others to around the back where, in the same condition as the house, stood a crumbling stableyard. "Not like your regal and majestic home before is it?" he told the horses as he tied them inside. Once he was certain that the horses were securely tied, unable to break free, he walked back around and inside. "We're back!" he yelled, a few stones tumbling down as he did so.

Silence. Raen frowned and walked in. The room was empty. Checking upstairs and all through his home, Raen could not find the others anywhere. Finally he shrugged, deciding that if Levi was anything like himself, he had probably gotten bored and gone for a little excursion, bringing Ari and Sila with him. He ambled back outside to Aidem and Karay, and looked over at the late afternoon sun. Turning back to the others he informed them that they would have to wait for them to return and it was best to lie low for a while until the guards gave up searching for them for the day anyway. He flopped down on the grass and sighed happily, "Well that was fun!" He lay back his eyes full of content and stared a the clear blue sky.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Levi listened as the strangers broke out in an arguement. He noticed the man glancing over at them briefly. Levi's gaze was searching for the harp which he knew that the man had. He listened as the man seemed to believe that there was an ambush, which of course there might have been, but Levi imagined that the man thought they were part of it, by the way he glanced at them. Shifting his position slightly, Levi continued to listen.

Just then, the bartender appeared with more drinks for them. Levi noticed the look of fear and trouble in the bartender's face. He watched the arguement briefly before approaching Levi when he motioned for his drinks. Looking into his eyes Levi could tell that it was not the arguement that worried him. Leaning in towards the bartender as he bent to give them their drinks Levi grabbed his collar roughly, but it was invisble to anyone else in the room. His black eyes filled with treachery and malice as his voice asked harshly, "Tell me, what is it that you fear?!" The bartender looked terrified of Levi but hasitly replied, afriad of being attacked.

"Well Sir, I...I heard that there w..was an attack at the Citadel!" he stammered, "Six horses stolen and the place set alight! They haven't caught the criminals either! They must have been extremely dangerous villians if they managed to break through and escape! We don't want people like that in this city!" The bartender saw a grin spread across the hooded figures shaded face and noticed an evil glint in his eyes. Giving a whimper he tried to pull away, but was held fast.

"Do we not?!" Levi taunted darkly, his face full of amusement. He knew that it could be none other that Raen and his accomplices to cause havoc in the Citadel itself. He tightened his grip on the man's collar. "Well?!" he demanded. Levi laughed under his breath as he could see the fear dripping off the man. He released him and shoved him away from the table, the bartender stumbling away as fast as he could.

Turning towards the others he whispered, "I have good tidings for you Ari! It seems as if Raen is on his return or is already there! Apparently the guards couldn't catch him!" he grinned. Looking over at the strangers again, he made a mental note of their appearance and continued softly, "So shall we leave? We need to meet up with as soon as we can now!"

Rising, Levi waited as the madiens walked ahead towards the door and followed. Walking behind the man, he noticed his sword half out of its sheath. It appeared their conversation wasn't going too well. He stopped briefly behind the man, breathing down his neck and laughed before whispering, "Be careful with what you carry! It is wanted by more than one!" He swept away and out the door catching up with Ari and Sila. They turned down the streets, retracing their steps towards Raen's quarters.

((Ok guys I hate to tell you this but I'm afraid I have to go away for Christmas and won't be back until the 28 [I can't get out of this family thing sorry!] so I won't be online! :cry: Look after my boys for me and don't do anything too radical with them! Have a very Merry Christmas all of you and a wonderful time!))

[Edited on 20/12/2003 by Gilraen]
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 08:04
Sorry I haven'y been around-Evil Exams delayed me...Im sorry!

As Evethire looked into the man's deep eyes, he seemed nervous of the surroundings. Though anger still trespassed into his pupils.
After rufusing Altariels offer of a drink he stood with a rapid movement. He was moving towards the doorway.

"No, wait! We just started to talk, and we have to solve the problem we have faced. You can't leave with the harp! Neither Altariel nor I have announced you the owner of it!"

After Evethire had spoke this rather loudly, he had regretted it. He thought he had sounded harsh and unfair but it was true, he didnt own it.
Evethire stood up too just to try and stop this man of Rohan it did seem.

"I had considered elves to be an honorable race, unable to deceit and treachery. Now I am deeply sorry to see that it is not so. Otherwise I wouldn't have let myself be fooled like a sheep! I am leaving, unless you plan to stop me!"

Anger spread throbbing within his veins. This man had no right to sentence the race of Elves to an untrue statement.
He looked back at the man. He followed his gaze, it lead to the hooded figures speaking in a deep voice of mystery.

"Deceit? Treachery? I don't think I understand what you are talking about, good sir! Deceiving you has never been my plan. And I assure you that the elves are an honorable race! You can trust me on that. I have invited you here for a private talk, and talk only." he muttered this trying to sound more friendly. "We need to agree on something"
The man looked unimpressed and not trusting at all. His shoulders relaxed as he looked at Evethire crossly.

"Stopping you was not my intention, but if it is yours to claim this harp as belonging to you without hearing out my... our reasons, I will stop you, considering you a thief!"

The trigger was set. A harsh sence of anger rounded the small room. Evethire removed his elven knives. The mans sword was also at reach. Evethire gritted his teeth, war was not what he had expected.

"We are both thieves it seems to each other" Evethire whispered.
In the corner of his eye an eye glinted from the other table. They, whoever lingered there was watching with a unbreaking glare. Their faces weren't enlightened for the shadows clothed them.

The man stepped backwards. Evethire followed. Soon they would be amoungst the crowding people. What was this man up to?

Altariel looked upon the two seated infront of her. The man of Rohan refused her drink with a voice of ire. There was tension between the man and Evethire.
He got up to go and remarked as Evethire asked him to stay that he thought better of elves. Altariel felt angry and bewildered at the same time.
"Just leave it Evethire."she wispered, but it wasn't heard as they both stepped towards the door to the packed bar. "Evethire" she murmured again. "It is just a harp. Please kind sir..." The man turned a walked briskly through the bar and out to the street. Evethire followed with hast. Altariel frowned helplessly. She also traced their heated footsteps out into the brightness of the sunny street.
She heard Evethire exclaim "You do not own it. I do but you have a right to it but fighting wont change a thing."
"You are no better than a dwarf, looking for riches." the man replied nastly looking back at Evethire.
Altariel felt as angry now.

Sorry for my absence-Hope you will forgive me!
Vende
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 03:23
'I'm so glad you approve,' Aidem replied dryly to Raen's comment. 'I suppose they are though,' he shrugged, and looked behind him as Karay came around the corner, leading her horses. Raen turned his ancy stallion in a tight circle and took off towards the courtyard. Aidem lightly tapped his heels against the horse's side and galloped of towards the courtyard after Raen. The assassin held a bruning torch and was grinning deviously as Aidem approached.
'I'm sure you can guess what's next.'
'Fire again, huh?' Aidem asked, rolling his eyes. Raen nodded before directing his horse towards a wooden building and flinging the torch atop it. Fire spread rapidly across the roof and Aidem's hore neighed loudly, prancing away from the flames. Aidem's horse sprang forward, following Raen's. The black stallion's infectious energy had taken it's toll on Aidem's grey, causing it to gallop madly through the gates, attempting to catch the black horse.
Aidem grinned as the shouts of soldiers echoed through the courtyard, now far behind them. Citizen's of the upper circles gave them odd looks, before quickly dodging out of the path of the three riders. Aidem laughed wildly, at the looks on their faces when they came wheeling around the corners, causing the crowds to scatter.
The sounds of pursuit died quickly away and Raen slowed, or rather tried to slow, his horse down. Aidem did the same, much, as far as he could tell, to his horse's dismay. It tossed it's head and side-stepped this way and that.
So, raen led them through the lower circles of the city back to Asgar's place, where they collected their stolen goods and slung the bags over the back's of the horses.
Raen led them back to his 'home,' where Aidem was surprised to find a stable in back. He shrugged and lead the horses into the dilapidated building, where he tied them up before leaving to follow Raen.
The group, to their surprise, found that Levi, Sila, and Ari, had left. Raen checked the house to make sure there was no one inside before ambling back outside where he contently flopped on the ground.
'Well, that was fun!!!!!' he sighed happily. Aidem raised an eyebrow and looked down at him, before grinning and laughing.
'Sure.....' he agreed. Aidem plopped down on a rock, and dug at the ground with his heel. 'What exactly are they up to?' he wondered aloud. Raen shrugged, 'If he's anything like me, then it's probably nothing good.'
So they waited, for most of the aftrenoon, outside, the reason of which they were waiting outside, Aidem had no clue, but he supposed it was better than the house, where plaster might fall from the ceiling at any moment.
'Well, my brther, it seems the whole city already knows of your excursion!' Levi's voice rang out across the yard. Grinning, Raen sprang to his feet.
'And what of yours?' he eagerly asked.
(((Sorry for the abrupt post but I gotta go do something before I go any further.....))))

[Edited on 21/12/2003 by CarolP]
elfgirl555
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 20, 2003 04:53
"I have good tidings for you Ari! It seems as if Raen is on his return or is already there! Apparently the guards couldn't catch him!"

"I don't even care to know how you found this out," Ari muttered under her breath as they got up. Knowing Levi didn't care to pay, she dropped a few coins on their table and followed Sila out the door.

They made haste and were back at Raen's "house" before long. As they made their way up to the house, Levi called out to his brother.

"Well, my brther, it seems the whole city already knows of your excursion!"

Ari looked slightly put off, for what reason Raen couldn't seem to understand, before turning inside and walking to one of the rooms near where the others were. Sila came after her, and slowly came in after her.

"What's wrong, Ari?" she asked, sitting down on one of the fallen stones that was serving as a chair.

"I don't know. I just wish that sometimes, at least once, there didn't have to be a robbery or a murder or a fire. I wish just once, he could do things the normal, honest way, instead of setting fire to the city. One fire was enough, now he has to go and set fire to the stable for absolutely no reason besides he wanted to."

Sila looked at her in a bit of shock after her little outburst. Ari's voice had been rising as she spoke, and she hoped the others hadn't heard her. She sat down next to Sila and stared out the window.

"I'm sorry." She said. "I didn't mean to shout. It's just too much sometimes." Sila looked sympathetic, and they both sat there for a few moments in silence.
Princess_Greenleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 12:54
"You are no better than a dwarf, looking for riches." the man replied nastly looking back at Evethire.

The mans sword was aloft pointing at the tempered elf. Evethires knife stayed ready at his side, fear of threat. He saw Altariel looking vexed.
The man stepped towards him. Evethire raised his arm.
Their blades met with a soft sound of metal aginst metal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Altariel turned on heel this is what she hoped wound never happen. She could not bare watch helplessly at their taunts. She walked smartly into the comfortable inn and marched up to the table where the company were sitting. She looked over at Evethires cousin. He was talking to the maiden sitting next to him. Altariel caught his eye. She smiled. Her heart beated in worry.
Then decending her eyes she asked Alagithildin "What do you think of Evethire and the journey of his?"
GreenEyedElf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 21, 2003 06:04
Ëorlas watched the door fly open as he sat at the comfortable table with Aireon and the others on the other side of the room. Out of the corner of his eye he saw Altariel, the woman he had briefly met in Evethire's room come walking up to them and taking a seat. His eyes drew away from Aireon as she spoke, and caught Altariel's eye. She smiled at him friendly, but he felt worry within her as her eyes dropped to the wooden table. A look of suspicion crossed Ëorlas's face. He got up from his seat and looked down at Aireon, who was in mid-sentence.

"I shall return." he said softly enough for only Aireon to hear. Altariel was talking with the other two and they seemed not to have noticed.

Grabbing his quiver, which had been resting against the other side of his chair, he fastened it to his back. Aireon was still watching him with wonder. Ëorlas began to casually walk to a window that faced the street. He saw nothing, for a few stacked crates outside the window were blocking his view of street just outside the door to the White Tree. It was when Ëorlas turned away from the window that he heard his cousin's voice outside. He made for the door with haste and swung it open. A gust of wind blew the door shut with a loud bang behind him, and he saw Evethire take notice. Ëorlas watched by the door at his cousin's blade locked with another, and waited patiently in case Evethire needed assistance.

[Edited on 22/12/2003 by GreenEyedElf]
Nifredil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 22, 2003 04:18
Once he was out of the building, Rovan felt much better. A couple of guards passed by, deep in their conversation. They seemed not to notice Rovan and Evethire. "Iron Hills, you say? The Captain said there has been an unusual orc activity recently..." Rovan turned to see them, catching a line of their conversation. Orcs in the Iron Hills? He had to find it out. Maybe that orc was there...

"You do not own it. I do but you have a right to it but fighting won't change a thing."
The elf seemed very angry at him. He DID want that harp, apparently. Too valuable it was, as it seemed.

"You are no better than a dwarf, looking for riches," Rovan expressed aloud his opinion, though the insulted look of the elf made him regret his words. All he wanted now was to follow the guards. He was being unjust towards Evethire. And the hooded figures hadn't made any attemption to stop him. Maybe he had been too suspicious? But the blades were drawn, and clashed agrily.

In the first seconds it became clear that Rovan had met his match. Evethire could not be tricked or caught off guard, and he was attacking steadily. And there was the harp he had to hold, and it was hindering him. Rovan had to concentrate on the fight as he hadn't been doing for a long time. A strange thought crossed his mind. If he would ever have a companion to chase orcs, Rovan would choose this elf.

A sound of shutting door made Rovan look in that direction, and it nearly cost him a cut on his face. Rovan backed and dropped the harp. The chords sung clearly, and one side of the harp broke open.

[Edited on 22/12/2003 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
In the Realm of Ulmo
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email