Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post The Archers of the Silver Moon - The Riddle of the Runestone (Scripted) (Keep)
on: April 08, 2004 02:07
((OOC: This thread is open to all Archers of the Silver Moon, both full and honory members. If any one else would like to join please PM me first. Thank you.))

**Almost a year and a half had past since the archers had returned from the Grey Havens. The threat of Melkor's return, as far as they knew, had been quashed. Since their return and quite by accident the greying Naur had come across a portal which had led into an extra dimensional space no larger in area than Celebros' attic. The remains of a camp once used by the Archers of the Silver Moon at some point during the second age.

There was something very odd about the camp though. It seemed to have frozen in time. The black ink on one of the lable of a discarded potion bottle still looked to be no more than a few days old, where in reality it should have faded to a sepia colour with age. The bottle had to be a good three thousand years old at least. Elruwen had never voiced her concern about the camp being apparently frozen in time to the others, but this was for a very good reason. She didn't want them to worry about it and she thought that there was probably a very mundane explination for the phenomenon.

While Naur had been on his own in the space he had come across, and again quite by accident, a lump of 'tasty' blackened bone with numerous runes and sigils carved into it. Elruwen later identified the bone as the Runestone that had previously belonged to a fomer member of the band, Karvanor. He was said to have died in action but Elruwen's records told a different story. He went missing during a skirmish and after a long and friutless search lasting nearly five years, presumed dead.

All telepathic and empathic links had been lost with the elf. hey searched high and low and across most of Middle Earth. After the five years had passed Karvanor's wife could not bear the pain anymore and took her own life and in the process that of their young daughter saying that it would be better for them to go to the halls than to live a life without meaning.

It had been a bad year for the Archers. They had lost their only druid and their best rogue. Despite the set backs and thanks to a few small miricles the archers held together and continued to fight the forces of evil.

It was late on the night of the Winter Solstice when Elruwen screamed in her sleep. She woke up shivering, sweating and finding it hard to draw breath. It had been at least three months since she had experience the first of these harrowing dreams, each night she say the same teffifyingly realm images, hearing the same blood curdling and chilling screams in her dreams.

She looked around her just to make sure that it was all indeed just a dream. Recently the dreams had started to seem more real than unreal. To her it seemed as if she was there, each night slipping into that dream world and living the nightmare. She spent a while calming herself down and assuring herself that is wasn't real, that it was just a dream.

Naur wandered into her room, moving somewhat stiffly due to the onset of arthiritis. He jumped onto her bed with difficultly and huddled up against her. She was gald of Naur's company and half hoped that she hadn't woken Celebros and Elerrina from their slumber, but then again she half hoped that she had. For the first time in many a long year she was absolutely terrified of what she had seen in her dreams and even more so of what it could mean.

She got up and went with Naur into the kitchen to brew up a tea. She filled the kettle and as she went to put in over the embers of the fire. She was shaking so much from her harrowing experience that she dropped the kettle. It clattered and clanged on the flagstone floor with a noise that was almost deafening in the silent hours of the early morning. She sank into a chair and lent on the table pillowing her head in her arms and Naur pillowing his head on her lap.

Elruwen thought long and hard maybe her dreams had something to do with the Runestone's recent strange behavior. When she had last picked the bone up it had seemed to pulse as if there were a tiny heart inside it. The runes and sigils had started to give off a faint red light as if to indicate that Karvanor was still alive but close to death. How could it be so? If he was still alive the stone would have been glowing green and pulsing to Karvanor's heartbeat when they found it but it wasn't so. They had found it 'dead'. This was not the only strange thing that happened to the stone. Via casting a few spells Elruwen dicovered that the bone was radiating an aura of pure evil, tainting the air around it. For that very reason she had put the stone in a lead air tight box chained it up and then placed it in her safe.**

"In The Creator's name what does all this mean? Why is it all happening to me? Why am I suffering because of it? Eru show me what I must do to end these nightly torments, please..." she called out
"What have I done to deserve this?"

**She buried her face in her arms and sobbed quietly.**

[Edited on 8/5/2006 by Elruwen]
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
Post RE: The Archers of the Silver Moon - The Riddle of the Runestone (Scripted) (Keep)
on: April 08, 2004 11:18
Elerrina reached out gently and touched Elruwen's shoulder. Only the sharp hearing of another Elf would have heard her enter, but she knew her mentor would not be startled by her touch. "Another nighmare, 'Ruwen?"

She came around and knelt beside her friend, taking her hand and scooting the black wolf's greying muzzle to the side. Her own eyes had tears in them. The bond they shared was so close one could not feel any emotion or sensation without the other feeling it, too... it was part of being an Archer.

"Mother? Are you all right now?" Celebros' voice came from the hallway; he came in and stood by Elerrina, smiling down at her lovingly, then put his hand on his mother's shoulder. "We have to find a way to make your dreams go away..." He picked up the tea kettle and put more water into it, putting it back on the stove again and adding a few sticks of firewood.

Elerrina rose too, giving Elruwen's hand a squeeze, "I'll make us some tea..." As she let her hands pick the ingredients, her mind went to the Runestone. It had seemed innocuous enough at the time, as had the extra-dimensional space... but it was producing some unwanted results now. She sighed, not wanting to even broach the subject, but after a moment she spoke. "'Ruwen, do we need to go back there? To the place Naur found the 'stone? Are we strong enough as a group to do that and still protect ourselves?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: The Archers of the Silver Moon - The Riddle of the Runestone (Scripted) (Keep)
on: April 08, 2004 12:07
"Yes it was another nightmare mellon nin, except this time it felt so very real...terrifyingly real." she said quietly, squeezing Elerrina's hand a little

**Celebros wandered over and hugged his mother as best he could**

"I don't know exactly what we have to do but going through the portal and searching the area again may be a good idea. When the dawn comes we need to tell the other archers, Wolf as well. There are a few things I think that you two should know about that runestone. When we found it it was lifeless, dead if you will. no sign of it being connected to or bearing Karvanor's life force. About three months ago...when these nightmares started the stone began to pulsate again as if Karvanor was alive but close to death, not only did this happen but it radiated a vile evil. So vile that it tainted the air around it. There is something evil at work I think but I haven't the mental strength at present to think what." she said in a barely audible whisper
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 09, 2004 10:16
A few minutes passed, and Elerrina put a mug of tea in front of 'Ruwen and patted her shoulder, then turned to get the tea mugs for herself and Celebros. "Just rest for the moment, let your body come back to its fully wakeful state..."

She was about to sit down by the other two when Naur messaged her, ~~ Ele, would you open the door for me, it's sticking for some reason, and my teeth are bothering me again ~~ The black wolf was sitting by the kitchen door, wanting to go outside; usually he could open it himself, having mastered door knobs long ago.

Elerrina opened the door for him, and he stood for a moment sniffing the air after the fashion of his kind. Not that Naur was a normal wolf, but that was another story entirely. He trotted out, his gait slowed by age, and she left the door ajar so he could come back in when he wished. She shivered as the cool air hit her bare skin, but didn't really notice it, and turned back to the table again to sit beside Celebros. "What more can you tell us of Karvanor, 'Ruwen? I know you spoke about him at the time we found the runestone, and I think you've mentioned him before, but I don't recall much about him now. Who was he, exactly?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 11, 2004 02:16
"He was one of our 'stranger' members shall we say. He was never very good at using a longbow and prefered using a shortbow, and he did that very well indeed. He was quite good at spell casting but much prefered and was better at casting the spells oriantated around stealth and healing. He was, you could say, a rouge. He was exceptionally good at both crafting and disabling traps as well as picking locks. And the one thing I remember more than anything else was his uncanny ability to dodge even the biggest of fireballs and lightingbolts cast at him. In some ways you could compare him to Kyran as far as jokes are concerned. He loved playing the fool and almost always got away with it. Karvanor is probably the only person i know of who has escaped from a giant spider web without using spells or weapons." she said looking back on the happier memories "He fell inlove with an married a fellow archer and they had a child. This happiness didn't last though, he went missing during a skirmish and that was the last we ever saw of him. We searched for many a year and when his lifesigns and bonds faded we gave up on the search and presumed him to be dead. We all found it hard to accept because he was the sort of person that could escape from anything and everything...well almost everything...even now we still haven't found his remains or even a grave."

**she fell silent, sipping at her tea**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 14, 2004 05:30
They sat in silence as Elerrina mulled over the information, sipping her tea. "I wonder... could the nightmares you're having actually be something that you're receiving empathetically from Karvanor, even though it appeared he'd died? Something that he is experiencing at the same time? From wherever he is... if your bond with him is very strong, perhaps it is strong enough to surmount the barriers of space and time and may be a cry for help from another time." Ele shook her head and sighed, taking Celebros' hand again and hold it briefly to her cheek. "It would be the worst kind of torture to know you were hurting, my love, and not be able to find you or reach you..."

Naur came back into the kitchen and stood by the warm stove for a few minutes. ~~ It doesn't take long for these old bones to get a chill...~~ Naur quietly messaged the others, pushing the door shut with his shoulder. ~~ Have you found any answers? ~~ He asked hopefully.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 14, 2004 07:21
~~Not yet my old friend, just ideas~~ Celebros replied

"Perhaps so if it is the case then why has it lain dormant for so many years? That is what I can't understand. When the dawn comes we need to summon the other archers and see what they think. If he is caught in a time sink or parrallel world we are going to get Karvanor out of there. I don't know how just yet, let us find him first."

"I know my sweet. It's hard for me to imagine what pain and worry either of us would go through if it happened to us." He kissed her cheek gently
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 04:11
Ele smiled up at him, feeling his love around her, as she always did. She looked at the still dark sky outside the window. "Do you think you can go back to bed and rest a while longer, 'Ruwen? It's still rather early to message the others." She sipped her tea and sighed, there was still so much she didn't know yet, as an Archer Iniate; and thank Eru 'Ruwen did! Still... she could toss out ideas as they occurred to her, and the mentor could guage if there was any value to them.

"I wonder if your bond with him and us would extend then from us to him? Do you think if we went back to the extradimensional room that we could all call for him? If the strands of space and time seem to cross there, then that's where we should start our search... and put as many minds on it as possible. But we must be very careful! I think we should prepare for this as we would for any trip away from home: bring weapons, food, clothing, maybe even our horses. And set the wards at the shop and at the doorway to the room itself. My intuition is saying 'Be prepared'! There's no telling how long we'd be gone..."

Leaning comfortably against Celebros again, she wondered if Naur would be able to endure such a trip, but she tried to keep that thought to herself. Then another thought occurred to her. "You must bring the runestone, too, of course, perhaps it can help us see which direction we need to go... that is, if it can... and you can confine the evil you felt around it. We don't want to unleash any more evil here after having fought it for so long in Middle Earth."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 16, 2004 06:30
"I know its early, i intend to wait till sunup. As for my going back to sleep. I won't be able to go back to sleep, I fear going back to sleep. What I see scares me."

**she took another mouthful of tea.**

"It might extend to you but if it does it will be very faint, don't forget that his bond with us, the archers did actually 'die'. I also agree with you that we need to examine the camp again and puzzle over what part the runestone plays in all this. As for containing its evil there are a few spells I could try and cast on it."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 05:10
Elerrina nodded as she thought about what 'Ruwen had said. Yes, if at some point Karvanor had actually died, his bond with the group would have been severed along with his ties to the 'living' Elves in Middle Earth... or Elves living in Middle Earth, whichever. Leaning against Celebros, she sighed again. He began stroking her shoulder in that sweet way he had, and he leaned over and kissed her hair.

"Shall we go back upstairs again for a while, my love? It is still a bit early, even to greet the sun..."

She smiled up at him and nodded as he kissed her hair again. "Yes, I could use a little more time to settle my thoughts before starting the day." She rose and picked up their tea mugs, leaving the pot for Elruwen.

"We'll be back in a while, Mother..." Celebros said simply. "Just rest if you don't want to doze anymore..."

Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 19, 2004 06:12
"I will try, and if that doesn't work I can always talk to Naur." she smiled weakly "Don't let me keep you from your sleep."

**She poured herself another mug of tea and sipped at it quietly**

**Celebros took Elerrina by the hand and together they headed back up to his attic to try and snatch a few more hours sleep.**

~~I don't know If i'm going to be able to go back to sleep my sweet. What mother's been saying has got me thinking about possible reasons for what's going on.~~ he messaged her
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 04:48
Ele rolled over in his arms and snuggled her head against his chest, giving a sigh of contentment. "What are you thinking, my love?" She said aloud. "Since I didn't know the original group of Archers, I really don't have much in the way of ideas. What little I know of Karvanor I picked up from odds and ends your mother has said, especially right after she found that Naur had brought the runestone back from the... ah, locker. What do you remember about him? I know so little about who he was and what he did, he seems like a real enigma to me."

Celebros kissed her forehead lightly and stroked her shoulder as he thought back to the times before Karvanor's disappearance... there was still so much he didn't remember...
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 21, 2004 06:04
"I remember very little of it my love. I'm just starting to wonder if the evils in the world have finally caught up with him. He did a few things to peeve a few of Melkor's minions off in the past. Perhaps they are taking revenge out on his soul as opposed to him." he sighed
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 22, 2004 03:53
"It would seem so..." Elerrina said softly. "We have to find a way to help your mother, though, she can't hold up through tortuous nightmares every night. She needs her rest, just like every Elf... and if she can't, she'll begin to come apart. I guess if that means we have to find the forces behind these nightmares, then we do. Better to fight off Melkor's fell fantasies before they can become realities in this world."

She really didn't want to leave their home in Middle Earth just yet. That day would come, the day they would go West, but it was not today. "Where do you think we should start?" She asked.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 23, 2004 02:27
"I think we should start with the portal." he yawned. "There could be some clues hidden around in there."

**Elruwen on the other hand decided that she would risk opening up the box containing the runestone to see if that had any clues. She headed towards the safe and opened it, and then started hunting around for that chained up steel and lead lined box.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 07:31
Elerrina was just sliding off into a sweet vision of Rivendell's rushing waters and the family she used to have... so loving, so close... her early remembrances of her youth over many hundred years:

Her mother's youthful face was before her, and her busy hands artistically designing a wreath of flowers for her daughter's redgold hair... her father coming in, smiling and happy, proud that his two boys had done so well in the competition in swordsmanship, under his tutelage as Weapons Master. Her mother had taught all three children her love of horses, and the young Elerrina was just about to go off on a ride...

The soft sounds of the safe opening jarred her out of her dream. "Celebros," she whispered, not wanting to startle him if he had dozed into his own dreams. "Your mother just opened the safe... do you think we should go down? Didn't she say she had chained up the box with the rune stone in it and put it into the safe? What if something happens?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 27, 2004 09:42
"wha?" he yawned

**he rolled onto his side to look at her**

"She's wha?" he yawned again "Opened the safe did you say?...Maybe we should go down maybe mother wants to examine it alone. What do you think my sweet?"

**Elruwen dragged the box out and lifted it onto the table. The box was still intact and unblemished as were the chains.**

Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 03, 2004 07:45
Elerrina thought for a moment... then suggested, "Why don't you just call down to her? Ask her if she wants any help or if she wants to be alone... I think being direct will get you the best answer." She looked toward the stairs that went down from Celebros' loft. "I don't know if we have the magical strength to help against such a foe as she speaks about... such an evil emanation... but I think we have to offer. Don't you?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 06, 2004 01:04
**She started to remove the chains from the box being as quiet as she could. She thought that Elerina and Celebros were still asleep**

"I think so, shall we both go or shall I go alone and ask her?" Celebros yawned
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 13, 2004 08:01
Elerrina considered quickly... Elruwen could bring disaster down upon herself, and perhaps even all of Middle Earth, in just a few moments, "I think we should both go," she said hastily. "We don't have any idea what may happen when she opens the box... and she may not either!" As she spoke, Elerrina was rising to put on a robe and handing Celebros his. "If nothing happens, well... so much the better!!"

Celebros lowered the stairway that allowed access to the main floor of the house from his (and her) room. "Mother? Wait for us... what's going on? Are you all right?" He was hoping his words would delay her, distract her until they could get closer, but the rattle of the chains continued. Elerrina followed him down the stairs and into the back room where the safe was.

"'Ruwen? Wait for us..." Through the doorway, she could see the light from a lamp set by the safe. "What are you doing? Do you think this is a good idea?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 14, 2004 03:45
"Yes I am fine and I don't honsetly know if this is a good idea or not." Elruwen replied "But I think that by studying the runestone again, even just briefly might help me to understand why I am having these dreams and what Karvanor has to do with them. You are quite welcome to help me as I know not was now resides in the box along with the runestone."

**she removed the last of the chains and activated three of her Ioun Stones.**

"I would activate your stones as well you two."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 15, 2004 09:10
Elerrina nodded. It was a good suggestion; the Ioun stones would protect them... but her Ioun Stone pouch wasn't handy, and she wasn't sure if Celebros even had the appropriate stone... leaning under the counter, she fumbled for the tray of stones and picked out several for both herself and Celebros, then reminded him how to activate them...

"Just hold it in your hand, against your chest, at your heart. It will start to glow as it takes on your energy... then release it, and the stone will zip up and begin to orbit your head." She smiled, "Catching the little stone is the harder part, when you're finished with it."

He nodded again, still not too comfortable with the idea of a little crystal orbiting his head at cruising speed. The first stone hit his hand when he released it, already so fast it stung. "Oww!! The little begger bit me..." he began, but the second stone soon joined the first and then a third stone, all neatly orbiting without interferring with each other at all. "I guess it was easier than I made it out to be," he said a bit apologetically.

Ele just smiled and nodded, "It does take a bit of practice." She turned back to Elruwen. "Please be careful..."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 17, 2004 12:05
"I will Elerrina, don't worry about that." she replied

**She pushed the chains to one side and then started to loosen the lid on the box. She eventually managed to pull the lid off and placed it to one side. The evil aura still radiate from the stone but it had not grown in potency as Elruwen thought it might have. She took the runestone out and examined it closely.**

"It doesn't seem to have changed in anyway whatsoever. It is quite strange, I was almost expecting it to..."

**She put it down on the table and watched it.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 20, 2004 07:37
Elerrina and Celebros watched the runestone, too. It did have a bad feeling around it... Elerrina felt the aura of evil, but it didn't feel active to her at the moment. However, she knew that could change in an instant, if the presence inside it so desired. She could sense and hear the small Ioun stones whizzing around them and hoped the strength of them would be enough to combat whatever was possessing the ancient piece of bone.

"Change?" She asked Elruwen, "How would it? You think the activity of the presence... it's desire to... ?" She felt unsure of herself. She knew the runestone could change, but she didn't know into what... just that it would be evil if it woke. "I know it's evil," she said slowly, "but what do you think it would do? Try to control... you? Us? Maybe you'd better chain it up again."

Celebros slowly reached out to touch it. He looked at it as if hypnotized...

"Celebros..." Elerrina said aloud, a note of worry in her voice.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 22, 2004 03:37
"The stone's speaking to me." Celebros murmered in a monotonus, still in the hypnotic like state. "Who ever it is an elf, the elf is crying out for help...its all I can hear."

**Celebros then snapped out of the trance and pulled his hand away from the runestone before he touched it.**

"Errr what just happened?" he asked

"You mean you don't remember anything from the last few minuets." Elruwen asked

"Yes, thats why I'm asking." he said

**In the distance the sky was starting to grow light.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 26, 2004 07:18
"Who could it be? Do you have any ideas?" Elerrina asked 'Ruwen excitedly.

"Who could who be?" Celebros asked with a slight note of impatience. "What are you talking about? What did it say?" He looked uneasily to the runestone again.

"Not what it said, but what you said." Elerrina said softly. "You said the stone was speaking to you, and that it was an Elf... and Elf who needed help, but you didn't know any more. Then you pulled back from the stone and sort of 'came to yourself' again. Do you know why you sort of went into a trance? Have you ever done that before?"

Celebros shook his head in perplexion and looked to his mother for any comment she might have on his conduct. "I don't have the foggiest notion at the moment," he said. "Mother?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 26, 2004 08:28
"Its baffled me, perhaps there is something that you and mystery elf have in common." she replied "I think its about time we summoned the others here. Maybe they, not having been affect by this, may have a logical reason or find some scrap of information we have over looked to be important."

**Celebros continued to puzzle over what had happened and what he said could mean.**

"Hmmm? Oh, summon the others yes it sounds like a good idea but you could wait until we are all presentable couldn't you mother?" Celebros said

"Yes, I could. Now go and sort yourselves out you two, I'll do the same once I've boxed this up."

**She started to box away the runestone once again.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 01, 2004 04:41
Elerrina reluctantly followed Celebros out of the room and back up into their attic room. ~~ Please be very careful, 'Ruwen... ~~ she sent the message back over her shoulder.

Celebros had already mounted the stairs to their room and was changing from night to day clothing. Ele slipped her arms around his bare waist and hugged him, then turned away to prepare herself for what looked to be a busy day... Avaya and Perathion could be sent for, Kyran perhaps, and even Perathion's brothers. And there were new Archers members to consider, too... but all that was up to Elruwen. Elerrina wasn't sure what her part would be yet, but she knew she would stand (or fall) by her fellow Archers no matter what.

There was a riddle to be solved...
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 04:14
~~I will Elerrina, don't worry.~~ she replied

**he carefully packed the runestone back into the various boxes that held it and then she to went off to ready herself for the day ahead. Mentally calling the other archers to the armoury.**

"This is oh so puzzling..." Celebros muttered to himself "Why did it pick me to speak through...of all possible people it chose me..."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 02, 2004 07:23
Perathion was in the stables when the message from Elruwen rang in his head.He had little to do just that day and the message therefore came as some sort of refreshment to him,at the same time as it made him nervous.He hurried out and into the garden where his mother and Avaya sat.They could almost guess what had happened."I've been summoned.I must leave as soon as possible." Avaya wasn't that happy about it,but she understood,as did Ëamanë.He hugged and kissed them both and then saddled Hilliar."Tell Orodreth and Lindal...tell them I'll be back soon enough.",he said wistfully and rode away.

"I wonder what has happened now...",he kept thinking while riding as fast as he could."Thats typical!Of all the Archers,I live furthest from the Armoury!",he said to himself,as he had gotten tired of all the long rides.He did the best he could not to feel nostalgic about leaving his home,family and Avaya,but he knew that in the long run it wouldn't be easy.Yet he was happy that he was going to be with his comrades again.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 06:21
Hearing his mumbled comment, Elerrina slipped her arms around his slender waist and hugged him gently again, then tiptoed up to kiss his mouth. "I don't know why it would choose you, my love... perhaps you were the only one who could hear it. I didn't hear anything, and your mother didn't either... you had gone into a sort of trance state, though." She paused, thinking of what she wanted to wear. "It's dawn already... and it's going to be a busy day... I think leggings and a shirt will do."

Celebros was dressed now and almost ready to go down. "Shall I put the kettle of water on the stove?" He asked her as he slipped on his soft leather boots.

"Umm-hmm," she answered as she slipped her tunic on over her shirt. As an afterthought she slipped her knife & scabbard onto her belt, and her throwing knives into her boots as she put them on.

It looked like life was going to become "interesting" again, she thought to herself, and she believed in being prepared.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2004 12:31
Vana was just rising for the day when the message from Elruwen rang in her head. She lifted her brows and smiled slightly. Another adventure! She packed quickly and mounted Shadowmane. "To the Elvish Armoury," she ordered softly, touching Shadowmane's white sides. The mare nickered and bounded forward.

Vana was only a few hour's ride from the Elvish Armoury, thankfully, and before the sun reached the noon position, she was dismounting in the courtyard. She took Shadowmane to the stables and made sure she was comfortable before heading to the house.

Vana didn't bother knocking; this was her home away from home, so she simply entered and looked around, wondering where everyone was.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 06, 2004 12:17
**Celebros wandered down to put the kettle on to find that Elruwen had already done so and was in the process of cooking breakfast. The trio ate and spent most of the morning in the kitchen. Naur heard the front door open and wandered into the shop floor to see who had arrived. He yipped happily and bounded as best he could towards Vana.**

"Who is it Naur?" Celebros called from the kitchen."
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2004 08:25
"Hey Naur!" Vana cried with a grin, dropping to one knee and gently hugging the wolf. ~I haven't seen you in forever~ she messaged him, stroking his pelt gently.

She heard Celebros call from the kitchen, and she grinned. "Celebros, it's me, Vana," she called back, rising gracefully.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 08, 2004 01:38
**Celebros walked out into the shop floor.**

"Welcome back Vana, long time no see! Come and join the rest of us in the kitchen we have much to discuss."

~~I've certainly missed you Vana, you're the only person that deliberately drops me cookies other than Kyran and I haven't seen him for a while.~~ Naur messaged her in return.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email