Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
Post RE: The Archers of the Silver Moon - The Riddle of the Runestone (Scripted) (Keep)
on: May 10, 2005 11:51
Elerrina wasn't quite sure how to help Celebros... he certainly looked the worse for his trip to... wherever he'd fallen into, but he seemed more dazed by the experience than hurt.

"Celebros? Are you all right? Are you hurt... bleeding... anywhere?" She was a little afraid to touch him, but the static electricity had begun to disperse and his hair had stopped smoking and sticking out. Well, almost... she reached out and steadied his elbow, but Celebros just crumpled into a sitting position.

"Naur?" Celebros said in a croaking voice. "Is he all right? Did I still have him when you pulled me back?" He was looking around and finally saw Perathion working on Naur's scorched body and electric fur. "Did he make it? Is he still alive? What happened?"

"We were hoping you could tell us..." Elerina said. She got some water and a piece of towelling and was trying to clean the black soot off his face. "Do you remember anything about where you were or how you got there? We probably don't want to fall into that place again! Maybe we can mark the portal if we can find it again. It surely isn't the portal we've been looking for, is it, 'Ruwen?"
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Archers of the Silver Moon - The Riddle of the Runestone (Scripted) (Keep)
on: May 11, 2005 08:23
OOC: Sorry, been sick

Wolf, not sure what Perathion would do to help Naur, just followed directions, holding Naur down while Perathion attempted to stabalize the wolf.
"I'm hoping, Elruwen, we don't have to go though there to get to when were going."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 05:31
Before Elruwen could answer, Elerrina broached more questions...

"How can we tell if any sink we find next goes to the right time, 'Ruwen? We can't just wander into each one to check, can we? From Celebros' and Naur's experience, that could be dangerous!" She looked at Celebros, whose expression was still a bit dazed, but he was concerned about Naur, so she helped him stand up, and they went to help Wolf and Perathion.

"Is he all right?" Celebros asked.

Elerrina put her hand on Naur's ribs; she could feel the slight rise and fall as he breathed. She brought her healing touch into play, to bring their companion back to good health and complete recovery. Suddenly Naur jerked beneath her hand, taking a long gasping breath in, then going back to normal breathing.

As Celebros leaned down to hug his old friend, Elerrina asked him what happened. "What went on in the time sink? What happened to you?"

"It went from sunny here to wet and almost dark suddenly... and I saw Naur sniffing under a tree. I think I called to him, but then there was a crackling noise. I don't remember anything after that... maybe Naur will remember something."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2005 09:26
Perathion took a special plant that only rangers and some mages knew about, and used it in the bandage which he put around Naur with the help of Vana. He saw that Elerrina's touch helped Naur breathe, so he urged her to stay for a while until Naur was back to normal.

At the same time he glanced over his shoulder to see how Celebros was doing. He sought to calm him, so he said "Naur will be fine. Don't worry. This plant I got will help his body to recover from the shock he got."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 15, 2005 09:57
"There is no way of telling Elerrina until you go through them. Not all sinks react like this, some are just there and react to nothing. Others, like this one clearly does, react to things passing through it, sometimes all the time, sometimes to the every, 10th object for example, that passes through them there is no way of knowing until they are tested, sometimes dropping pebbles through them is enough to determine what sort they are."

"...I grabed Naur and it then felt like I was dropping through an eletrical storm, or atleast thats what I imagine it to feel like. I remember the rope going taught and winding me. Then everything went black." I remember nothing else. Celebros added as his memory of the recent even became clearer

**Naur began to communicate with them telepathically and Elruwen spoke is words out loud so Wolf could hear them as well.**

~~I remember passing trough the sink and landed with a thud in some shadowy realm. Almost like a nexus plane, a plane which touches everywhere and yet touches nowhere. I started sniffing around for something of interest and then Celebros fell through. He called to be and I went over. He had just managed to grab hold of me when a portal opened up underneath us and we started to descend through coulded filled with lightening. Celebros blacked out for some reason but I saw glimpses of a foul place far below us, reeking of smoke and brimstone, i could sense the evil eminating from it despite us being up in the 'clouds'. Then I assume you started pulling us back through and we were here the next moment, and I think several bolts passed within close proximatey to us hence all the bolts sparking through his hair and my fur. The place I saw was the stuff nightmares are made of.~~
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 07:04
Still stroking Naur in an absentminded way, Elerrina listened to their story with bated breath. "You two are very lucky to be alive at all, much less back here with us!" She commented. "From what you've described, it doesn't sound like a place we'd want to go... and not even a place on Arda at all. Floating through electric clouds sounds like a dream--or a nightmare, from what you've said."

Naur seemed to have returned more to normal with Perathion's help... except for his tail, which looked very singed. Celebros appeared to have caught his breath again, too, though both were still visibly shaken by their experience, and the smell of singed hair and smoke still hung heavy about them.

"A nexus, 'Ruwen?" She continued, "If we went back to that plane--and avoided the hole they fell in--could we reach the right portal to get where we need to go? Or will we need to keep experimenting?" She felt very glad Elruwen had experience with this kind of thing; she could navigate across a mountain range or a forest or an open plain... but this was beyond her knowledge. "Did you two see anything that would help us?"

[Edited on 5/16/2005 by Elerrina]
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2005 08:39
Wolf was beside himself taking in the story Elruwen told of Naur's experiences. His mind ran quickly, trying to find an analogy he had experienced himself. The only thing he could think of was some of the cave networks in Mordor. However, he never had an opening appear below him.

"If we are to go in there, or through any time holes together. It might be a good idea to tie a rope to an anchor here, so we can find or climb our way out, if these holes are not, necessarily, at ground level."

When he spoke the last thought, he starting looking up. If the exits could be off the ground, why couldn't the entrance.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 18, 2005 06:27
Elerrina was beginning to feel very nervous about this trip: how could they even hope to find the right time sink? There were obviously many more than the one they sought! And if they did find the right one, how could they find their way back to come home again? Look what happened to Naur and Celebros! But they HAD to find the right one; the evil power couched in the runestone had to be dealt with... no matter what the cost to them.

She looked to Wolf, then Celebros, Perathion and Elruwen.

"All right... where do we go from here?" she said, gathering her courage.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 19, 2005 06:59
"Back to the armoury to formulate a plan of action. Its clear that we are up against something more than we originally planned for, for example nexi and random sinks. I think it will be the best course of action for now. What say you?" she replied "You have a good idea there Wolf and we will take that into consideration when we formulate the plan."

**She deactivated the little fleet of Ioun Stones, and as if they possesed some kind of intelligence they returned to the pouch she drew them from, even though it was tied to her belt and not in her hands.**

"Yes, armoury, good idea. Maybe if Naur can relate what he say in image form to the most artistic amongst us, maybe they could turn into a coloured drawing what Naur saw. Maybe that will give us hints to the location at the other end of that sink."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2005 12:23
Perathion listened to it all with anticipation. All this was far outside his own domain. He was at least glad that he helped Naur to recover. "Return to the armoury sounds like a good idea to me as well. I have never been specially artistic." He glanced at Vana to see if she was keen on taking the job.
(OOC-Vana,*cough cough*, I think it's about time that you pulled out of your inactivity in this thread!)
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 06:46
"Nor am I" added Wolf. He worried for a little if they had time for all this. But then, if they are traveling through time, would the time they move back in time change the time they moved back to? At about this point Wolf's head started to hurt again. All of these arcane effects were to difficult to get his mind around.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 23, 2005 07:41
"Back to the armoury it is then."
**Elruwen opened the portal to the hill behind the armoury and led the way through, holding the portal open until everyone was out. Naur followed her and Celebros waited for the others to leave before he did and ensure they didn't step into the sink.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 07:46
"See you on the other side then, love..." Elerrina said with a smile and a touch of her hand to his cheek. She made sure she had her cloak, bow and Elhonna packbags, then cautiously stepped through the opening that Elruwen was holding open for them. Once back through, she considered 'Ruwen's request... she was fairly artistic, and she could communicate with Naur pretty clearly...

"Perhaps I can help Naur show the rest of you what he saw. He and I can mind-talk already, and I can draw some, too. I'd be glad to help, if I can."

~~Naur, would that be satisfactory with you?~~ She spoke to him directly. ~~ I know you don't see much color, but I can sketch in black and white... then the others can share your experience to some degree.~~

She could feel him give a mental shudder, ~~I don't relish going through that experience again, Ele... but I'll try to explain as best I can.~~

It'll be nice to be home, she thought to herself, even if we haven't been gone long. Waiting, she saw the others appear one by one as they stepped back through the portal; finally Celebros came through, then Elruwen closed the portal.

((OOC- I'm traveling again... in Boston for a week, first; I'll be able to post from here until Friday, then probably not until I get home on the 2nd of June. We'll be driving around more. Can you believe it... Anchorage is warmer than Boston right now!!))

[Edited on 5/24/2005 by Elerrina]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 24, 2005 10:14
**Hwest kreed out to them from his perch on the armoury roof, signalling that all was not as it should be**

"Something is amiss, otherwise Hwest wouldn't be crying out like that...what does all this mean."

**Elruwen led the way back, clutching the glowing runestone, her walking pace soon turned to a run as they went down the slope.**

"Mother what is it?"

"I do not know but we shall soon find out."

**Naur stayed close to Celebros and Elerrina, not wanting to have another near death experience too soon.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 25, 2005 04:40
As Elruwen rushed down the hill, Celebros took Elerrina's hand. "We'd better catch up with Mother, my dear... Naur, try to keep up, too. Something has disturbed Hwest!" He knew Wolf was just behind them; "Wolf, hurry!!" He called out as they broke into a light-footed run. "Can you manage your pack all right?" He asked Elerrina.

Trying to watch her footing, she just gave a quick "Yes!" and hurried on. Elruwen had already almost reached the porch...
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2005 08:50
Seeing everyone else take off, Wolf broke in to a run, initially trying to follow them. As it became apparent that something could be wrong at the armory, Wolf moved ran off to the side, moving parallel to the elves. Best to not all approach danger the same direction. Wolf thought. As he approached the building, he studied it to try to find something out of place.

[Edited on 26/5/2005 by Olvne_Dunedain]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2005 03:01
Perathion followed right behind Elerrina,Celebros and Naur. What could it be that frightened Hwest? Whatever it was, it was no trifle,for he knew that the great bird was very brave, as the rest of his kin and could not be spooked easily. He rushed to the house,with his hand on the sword.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 27, 2005 02:20
**Wolf saw the creature first, well more like an apparition than anything else. A tall slim built elven figure with a long flowing mass of raven black hair. The spirit didn't seem to see wolf, it carried on, on its path and passed effortlessly through the wall of the armoury**

**Hwest let off another kree**

**When Elruwen reached the armoury all seemed to be fine, nothing had been touched, no locks picked, no windows broken, it was deathly silent, too silent. Not even the characteristic odd crackle of the forge fire could be heard. The temperature plumeted and the breath could be seen on the air. The temperature was more suited to winter than to a few days after midsummer! Elruwen unlocked the armoury and entered cautiously drawing her knife. Celebros and group arrived a few moments later.**
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2005 08:52
Wolf moved around the side of the Armory, stopping to look at the spot the apparition had entered the building. He reached slowly out and touched it. Sill solid, a ghost of an elf past? Wolf moved slowly to the side door. He considered drawing his wepaons, but left them sheathed. What good is steel against a spirit. He looked in the window, and reached to try the door.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 02, 2005 01:38
**The back door was locked and as Wolf looked through the window he saw, in a fleeting glance, that very same apparition again, pass through the kitchen wall into the main living area of the armoury.**

**The Silmaril in Elruwen's arm began to glow up bright, a red glow at first from where is was under her skin, the glow quickly intensified and gave off a bright white light. Illuminating the area around Elruwen and the other archers. Elerrina's Silmaril did like wise and began to glow. And if they had been on the Western Shores they would have seen Earendil's Silmaril glow with the same intensity. The glowing of the Silmarils this time was not a warning of imediate danger but something very different.**

"Follow me..." Elruwen whispered to the others. "And does anyone know where Wolf is?"

**She cautiously and quietly walked into the shop front and over to the shop counter, heading for the main living area.**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 06, 2005 03:06
Elerrina blinked at the bright light that showed even through the cracks of her fingers as she covered the silmaril buried beneath the skin of her arm just to the inside of her left elbow. She and Elruwen shared the responsibility of keeping these two silmaril out of the Darkness' path. For the most part it was no burden, and she appreciated being entrusted with the valuable stone, once thought lost. Indeed, she would die to protect it, as would Elruwen.

Silently she had followed their Leader; not having seen the apparition of the Elf, she wasn't sure just why the excitement made her stone glow, but Elruwen appeared to be calm and assured. "Wolf?" She whispered, "No, he wasn't at the front of the Armoury with us... he may have gone 'round the back. What did you see, 'Ruwen?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 02:54
"Wolf was behind me along with the rest of you. I didn't see where he went. Around the back might not be a bad guess. And if the back door is still locked he should join us round here shortly." Elruwen whispered in reply "As for what I see, now I see very little, other than a slight haze by the door between here and the living area. Can you see it too or is it a mere trick of the light?"

"It is no trick of the light mother. I can see it too, the haze seems to be vaguely humanoid in shape? what do you think Perathion, Elerrina, Naur?"

**Naur was on the offensive, fur bristling and poised ready to attack.**

~~You can't see him? He's there as large as life, an intruder! A big elf with masses of long black hair!~~ Naur messaged them
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 03:09
Perathion was probably the last to spot the ghostly figure, so he didn't have chance to get a good look. "I'm not sure, to tell you the truth. I didn't get the time to figure out much. But...I am just making a wild guess...could this mysterious appearance have anything to do with Karvanor?", he said, feeling the chills run down his spine as he said that name. He didn't know why.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 03:56
~~ You can see it that clearly?~~ Elerrina messaged Naur back. Though it was difficult to clear her mind, she tried to do that; she took a deep breath and told herself to relax.

"Ahh... there. Yes, I can see it better now," she said aloud. The apparition moved back into the kitchen area, then came back to the hallway where the rest had gathered. Was it looking for someone? Or searching for something? "Elruwen, does the apparition feel like an intruder... or a helper? Could it have come to assist us somehow?" She had taken her sword in hand at talk of an intruder, but a sword was of no use against such a being as this; she sheathed it again.

~~Of course it's an intruder, Ele! No Elves--or apparitions of Elves--should be wandering about freely in our residence without permission!~~ Naur's fur was still bristling and he had lowered his head and tail as if ready to attack.

The black-haired Elf was turning toward them, his hand on the hilt of his knife... though the knife was still in its scabbard on his belt. Before Elerrina could answer and without taking further thought, Naur growled loudly again, snarled, and launched himself at the center of the apparition's form, only to land in an uncerimonious heap and with a whimper as he crashed against the wall behind the ghostly Elf.

"Oh! Naur, what are you doing... are you all right?" Humor and anger struggled within her; finally, Elerrina gave the sheer figure a glare and said, "Look, either tell us what you want or go away! Stop teasing this poor wolf..." She stood in front of the tall figure, her hands behind her back to hide the light streaming from her elbow. She could now see the Elf clearly, and she awaited a reply.

Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 12:26
"This entity isn't evil, and I know the aparition's face from somewhere I'm just trying to think where..." Elruwen whispered in reply

"I am not teasing the wolf, I am not doing anything. I am merely being, My Lady" the aparition replied

**The apparition turned to Perathion**

"You speak my name sir," he said to Perathion, turning to face him "As if you know me, but how can that be. I do not know you, I recognise just one face here....The Lady Elruwen...."
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2005 09:24
Wolf was still moving cautiously along the armory wall when he heard voices coming from the front. He crept, pausing shortly when he heard the loud thump of something hitting one of the inside walls. He moved forward a little faster, arriving at the corner in time to hear "...The Lady Elruwen..."

(ooc: finals will kill your free time, sorry I haven't posted)
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 04:14
Elerrina turned from the ghostly shape and looked at Perathion, then at Elruwen. "Is this Karvanor, Elruwen? That is the name Perathion spoke..."

She cautiously went around the apparition, and helped Naur to his feet. There was a single drop of blood on the floor where one of the wolf's teeth had cut his lip when he hit the wall; otherwise just his shoulder (and pride) were bruised. "Perhaps you were a bit hasty, Naur... and perhaps I was, too. But it would be nice if m'Lord would tell us who he is and why he is 'being' here with us... would it not?"
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 06:32
Perathion was amazed when the aparition spoke to him. Slowly,he answered:"I do not know you...friend. But I have heard your name mentioned more than once by your friend lady Elruwen."

He then looked at Elruwen. He could see her face changing expression as she recognized Karvanor. He had a hard time believing that they had already found him. Even more so because it was he who found them!

[Edited on 8/6/2005 by Perathion]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 08, 2005 10:26
**Elruwen nodded in response to Elerrina.** "Yes this is indeed Karvanor, somewhat different in appearance than I remember though."

**Karvanor looked at each of them in turn. His eyes settling on Wolf the longest.**

"This must be the next generation of Archers and I must say I am surprised to find one belonging to the race of men in the group. However I am not here for small talk and my time here is greatly limited. If my youth a tapped into very weave of the world and kept experimenting with the raw elemental power I found there. This is how I am able to speak to you now from a time in the oh so distant past. There I am still who I was. I don't know how long I have here, so my words will be brief. It is likely that you will not be able to help me from the real world. Once you arrive in Angband where I am held you stand no chance of returning safely, or in the state you currently are...perfect health in mind body and spirit. I have sensed that you try to aid me, across all these years my link to Elruwen is very strong but the link is just one way. She cannot sense me anymore. Look to your dreams and both the astral and ethereal planes of existance. From there you may be able to help me, it is safer than attempting to time travel.....I....."

**Karvanor's form began to waiver and he fell silent while he mentally fought to extend the spell for a few more moments. His attempts were in vein, he vanished from the present world and to where? One can assume only back to the past. As he vanished he managed to utter one final phrase**

"Look to my runestone, I will guide you to me...."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 11, 2005 12:52
Elerrina closed her mouth, which had been in a round O of surprise; she shook her head in awe at the energy and strength it must have taken Karvanor to speak to them in their own time, crossing the intervening Ages. Once she would have thought it impossible, but her training had taught her that little is actually impossible if one's mind is open.

Wolf seemed a bit non-plussed by Karvanor's attention, but steady nonetheless, and she flashed a smile at him. The rest of the group knew how valuable he was to them, even if Karvanor didn't. You never knew when any one of them would be the one to 'save' the rest; each had performed extraordinarily at a time when the rest were struggling. Each had their talents...

Elerrina was a fine archer and fair with a sword, and a pretty good healer, too, but she thought her strongest talents were her organizational skills and her aptitude for mental communication with animals, especially her horses. She didn't know how these would help at the moment, but she knew Elruwen would be wanting help... once they had some recognition of how to reach Angband. If she understood Karvanor, these instructions would come through dreams and meditation, the states of being where the astral and etheric planes were the most accessible. Simple, but not easy, she thought to herself.

As the others were also gathering their thoughts, she asked Elruwen, "Did he mean we should all try to meditate with the runestone, 'Ruwen? Or just to open our minds to it... would that be safe, with the evil it's been projecting? And what do you think of his statement of losing our... our... health? I am willing to risk losing even my life to rid our world of these remnants of the Great Evil..."

Her mind was spinning with big questions and big ideas. How could they all encompass this quest, it was so huge? Hmm, she thought. The same way an Orc eats an Oliphant: one bite at a time.

"What's the next step?" She asked.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 13, 2005 07:45
"I don't know what Karvanor means, he was always one speak in riddles or cryptic sentances. Its a great shame that Kyran is no longer with us, my Mandos watch over his soul, he managed to work out the secret of transporting a person into the realm of their dreams. He did it to me once, to try and develope a deeper understanding of who I am. Given time I recon he would have rivaled Karvanor in his chosen field of skills, the two were so very alike and yet so different."

**Elruwen let out a quite sigh**

"Other than myself there is no one else here that Karvanor had any link with....hang on I think I know what he might mean.....until now he always spoke through Celebros....Elindir had a similar ability expect he didn't just act as a medium he could 'see' things by undertaking, what can only be translated from the Noldorin tongue, as a vision quests. For days on end he would remain in a deep trance like state 'seeing' the past, present, and even the future. Maybe that is one of the gifts he passed on to Celebros and Celebros has not yet managed to unlock. Maybe that is what Karvanor means when he says he will guide us two him, or at least maybe that is where we should start."

**She turned to Celebros**

"Celebros if I teach you the methods, would you be prepared to embark on a vision quest to find out more information about this?" Elruwen asked

"I don't know, I hate Karvanor being in my mind enough as it is. I don't want to have to go through anything like that...I feel a fool for saying it but I'm scared of falling into a deeper trance state than I have to." Celebros replied

"You will be safe Celebros, we will look after you while you are in that state." Elruwen said

"I don't know mother, I really don't know. I'm scared enough of the lesser gifts I posses, and the spells I wield. I don't think I could cope with the burden of this as well." Celebros replied, sitting down hard on one of the nearby chairs. "There are times when I wish it was just me and Naur wandering the wilds like it was in previous centuries, a life of simplicity compared to all this. This journey of self discovery I've been on since I found you all has put me through more turmoil than I've let on. I feel so lost and confused at times, I go from being a wanderer with no recolection of my past to being who I am now. I am glad that I've found my identity but deep in my heart I am still the wanderer and I always will be."

**It was clear that Celebros had been keeping all these emotions and feelings bottled up for a long time and when face with something he was truely afraid of, the unknown world that lies beyond the edges of your dreams, that strong little bottle cracked and poured forth its contents. Celebros was almost on the verge of tears.**

"Please don't push me for an answer I need to think this all through...."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 13, 2005 11:13
"Would it be possible to teach him how to just meditate first, Elruwen? Then maybe he could progress to deeper states of consciousness as he's ready to." She had come close to Celebros, and laid her hand on his shoulder in love and support. "And he would not only feel more in control of his mind, he would be more in control! It wouldn't be so scary, perhaps, if he knew he had control..."

There were many ways to meditate, she knew. Perhaps it would be a good method to approach a broader understanding of his own deeper self. "Celebros, we understand how you feel about letting go of your will, to allow someone else to speak through you... but if you knew how to do it properly... well, you'd know you'd always be capable of coming back into control. It is your body and mind, but with understanding you can lend it for a few seconds or minutes. Your Mother is right... nothing bad will happen to you. We will see to that!"

She wasn't sure if her pep-talk would help, but she understood enough about altered states of consciousness to know they could be controlled. And Celebros could be taught how...
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: June 17, 2005 05:37
"Yes Elerrina, we can start by teaching Celebros to meditate first..." Elruwen replied

**she turned back to Celebros**

"Celebros, why didn't you tell me all this before. Why have you kept all this bottled up for so long?"

"Because I didn't want to worry you mother. I thought that all these feelings were a passing thing and that I would get over it...and I was scared you would laugh at me mother. I know you would never do that but for some reason that irrational thought embedded itself into my mind...Please can we change the subject. Don't worry about my emotions now, we've got a quest to complete. Teach me how to meditate mother, please."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: June 21, 2005 10:27
Elerrina smiled, "Good for you, Celebros! That is a courageous answer... I think you'll find meditation to be a useful tool. I have always found it to be so. It is simple, but--at least in the beginning--not very easy."

She looked at him closely, and could see his distress at the situation he was in. Yes, the lack of solitude and being tied down to his family and his work, and even to her, Elerrina, had taken a toll on Celebros' mind and free spirit. As Elruwen was making her own preparations, Elerrina took one of his hands and began to explain the simple techniques used to 'become quiet' and 'go inside'.

"It is simple, but not easy, as I said. The simplest technique I've found is just to sit up straight and comfortably, close your eyes and begin to pay attention to your breathing. You don't have to count them or say anything, but when your mind wanders off you have to bring it back to your breath." She smiled again. "It's sort of like trying to herd a bunch of puppies, though. You quiet one down and another one wanders off... just keep bringing your attention back to your breath. With a little practice, it becomes easy and your mind slows down. I can begin to open my spirit to other things then, my deeper mind, because my usual mind is still attending to my breaths." Even discussing it with had made her own breathing smooth out, she felt more calm, more like she was partially in the 'real' world, partly in another realm. With a slight feeling of dismay, she brought her attention back to the present. "When you get settled, it's like you can see beyond the usual world, even talk to others. That is where you might be able to meet with Karvanor; and you can pass along his words to us... especially as you already have a bond with him. You don't need to give up control of your body... you just tell us what he tells you."

Celebros had relaxed with her talking; if Elerrina could do it and said it was worthwhile, then he would try it. "This technique isn't dangerous then? I'm still awake and aware?"

Elerrina nodded, "I believe it is safe. However, I don't think it's a good idea to abandon your will or your self when you meditate. There may be spirits other than Karvanor that are on the prowl, others who are not at all trustworthy. And that is why I think you should always be in control of your awareness... you can always come back to your body and your breath. You mother may know different techniques than I do, though, and since she has more experience you should try her methods first. I've heard there are some herbs that make the first time easier, but I've never tried them."

She took his hand to her cheek for a moment, then went back to her seat as Elruwen seemed to be ready now.

Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 24, 2005 06:04
Wolf sat off to the side nervously. The spirit had left him fealing uneasy, and the thought of Celebros intentionaly trying to bring back something like it left him more uncomfortable. It was something he could deal with though. After all, he just had to sit here and watch. It was Celebros and the other Elves who were doing all the real mystic work. Poor Celebros, it was on him that everything hinged, he who would have to put himself at most risk for the quest. Wolf let out a barely audible sigh.

(Behold, thread Resurrection!)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email