Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Archers of the Silver Moon - The Riddle of the Runestone (Scripted) (Keep)
on: November 07, 2004 06:15
Perathion looked behind him as Elerrina suggested and to his amazement he discovered she was right. "Yes, here is one indeed!", he cried. He followed Vana and the other Archers intensely, hoping they would find more.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: The Archers of the Silver Moon - The Riddle of the Runestone (Scripted) (Keep)
on: November 07, 2004 03:11
((OOC: by the time you guys next read this I most likely will be at sea chugging towards Charlston USA, I won't be back until mid january at the earliest. This thread and the other archers ones will be but on hold for the time being. thank you))
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 04:51
"Is that all four of them accounted for now?" Elruwen asked

"It is now." Celebros replied

"Good, now prepare yourselves my friends."
**Elruwen stood between the stones and activated the stone. The wind picked up and faint lights began to whir about in a circular shape. There was a sound like ripping canvas, a hole was being ripped from this world into the extra planer space. Once the portal had formed Elruwen stepped through into the old encampment, gesturing for the others to follow her.**
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 08:13
(OOC-Welcome back Ruwen, we really missed you!)
Perathion looked at Elruwen and the portal and stepped forward carefully. Uncertain about where it all would lead them, he nonetheless followed his leader without hesitating.
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 08:25
((OCC: Just checking in))

Vana watched in wide-eyed astonishment from her hiding place as the portal opened. She had seen a lot of odd things in her life, but to the best of her knowledge, she had never seen a portal open in the middle of the air.

Swallowing, she looked at the others before following Elruwen through the portal. As she mentally remarked, 'It cannot be much worse than some other things I have seen.'
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 21, 2005 10:35
((I'm not back permenantly yet, I've got another month to go, I'm just posting while I have access to a cyber cafe lol!))

**Naur bounded through the portal dragging the somewhat apprehensive Celebros with him.**
"Hey Naur, be careful I want to keep my tunic intact you know..."
**his words were cut off as he was pulled through the portal**
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2005 09:24
Wolf stopped listening to the meta-magical explanations when his head started to from trying to have any idea what they were talking about. As such he was slightly zoning off when he heard the riping of the portal. He looked over just in time to see Naur drag Celebros though.

Wolf walked around the portal once, trying to see how a door could lead somewhere other then what's behind it. Reaching out with one gloved hand, he touched the portal, then, with a shrug of the shoulders, stepped though.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 29, 2005 01:49
"Elerrina, Perathion, please hurry and step through before the portal closes itself." Elruwen called to them
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2005 01:27
(OOC-I thought I had done so already!)

Perathion heard Elruwen calling and realized that he hadn't yet entered the portal. He looked around to locate it and spotted it. He hurried inside before the strange aura of light disappeared and closed them in.
(OOC-Satisfied now?)
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: February 04, 2005 11:12
((OOC- oops, sorry to be so tardy... I'm away from home, but thought I'd check in on the thread. Glad I did!!))

Elerrina took a last look around, checking... well, just checking, but all seemed well, and the others had already stepped through. She'd never been through a portal before, but would follow the other Archers, regardless-- they were more than friends, they were family now, all of them.

She heard Celebros call for her, "Coming, love...??" She stepped through just in the nick of time as the portal closed behind her. Looking for Elruwen, she called to her, "We're all through, 'Ruwen..." and then joined the others.

I sure hope I have everything I need, she thought, because there's no going back now. She took a better grip on her packbags, and looked around at her companions. "Is everyone a bit nervous? I must confess I am. The energy here feels different somehow..." Her voice trailed off as she looked around.

Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2005 08:11
Wolf stumbled as he fell in to the new location, quickly he moved to the side, not knowing if someone would, or could, run in to him if he stayed still.

With a sudden alertness he looked around to see his new surroundings, and to see if his fellows arrived in the same location he did. He didn't know he could some how end up alone.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 12, 2005 02:49
((OOC: its okay Elerrina don't worry about it))

"Right is that everyone accounted for?" Elruwen asked

"Mother...I don't see Wolf anywhere?" Celebros piped up "He came through with us but he doesn't seem to be here."

"Wolf can you hear us?" Elruwen called out "Can you even see us?"
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 03:45
"ok" Wolf though to himself, "There's got to be a logical way out of this" Wolf though for a second, then stood up straight. "got it, i'll just do everything I just did, but backwards, that should send me back were I started, I think" With that, Wolf closed his eyes, and backtracked his last few steps to before going though the portal.
Pausing a moment, he opened his eyes.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 07:22
((Did you have a preference, Wolf? I can edit, if need be...))

"Uff!" Elerrina tripped over Wolf's foot, landing halfway across his legs, which had suddenly appeared before her. "I think I found him!" She rolled off him and picked up her packbag and a few arrows which had come out of her quiver. "Sorry, Wolf! I didn't see you there..."

Celebros offered his hand to her, assisting her back to her own feet. Smiling, she thanked him, not quite sure just where Wolf had come from in all the confusion. She looked at 'Ruwen,"I think we're all accounted for now."
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 08:39
(No preference, just throwing something out hoping for a post)
Wolf picked himself up, still confused how he ended up down in the first place. "No worries, I'm not sure I was there a few seconds ago." Wolf checked to make sure all of him was indeed there, then looked around to take in wherever it was they were now.... Or whenever.
"Did we have a plan after this point?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 09:26
"Just to look around and see what we can find. Anything out of the ordinary anything that might give us a hint as to why and how this situation has occured concerning the runestone." Elruwen replied "And if possible clues as to how we can enter the time sink that will take us back to the times when Angband was still very much alive. Its not something I wish to do but I feel it must be done for the greater good of Middle Earth."
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 06:53
Perathion listened to Elruwen thoughtfully. "But how shall we find the Iron Mountains and Mountains of Terror?", he said in wonder. It all seemed beyond his comprehension. He looked at Vana to see if she was afraid. She did seem as bewildered as he, but he couldn't see any signs of real fear on her face and in her eyes. He sighed and said "Wish my brothers were here..."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 09:30
"I know the way Perathion, though its a road I would rather have completely erased from my memory. Its just a matter of finding the way into and out of the time sink to arrive at the right point in the past. Very hard to understand I know but I cannot think of another way to explain it." Elruwen replied
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 01:36
"Well, what does a time sink look like?" Wolf asked fully aware it was probably something that could not be seen, at least not by him. He didn't see anything particularly different from where he was, what exactly did another time look like?
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 04:29
((Just a quick OOC comment... I think the word we want is 'sync' as that would be short for 'synchronicity'... and every time I see 'sink', I confess I see a stainless steel sink with a shiny faucet... and that makes me giggle.))

"'Ruwen? Didn't we have a time sync on that strange trip with the Ranger named Phoenix? It was some time ago, and I'm not really clear anymore on what exactly we saw that was different, but I thought there was a definite change of season along a blurry line of demarcation. It was like the seasons never matched up perfectly, so there was always a difference in vegetation and weather. At least that's what I remember..." she looked around them, "and I don't see anything like that right here. Are there any other clues you can think of?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 01:26
((OOC: it is sink by the way because all a time sink is, is a sink hole through time ))

"I think you'll find that it was me you found in this time sink thing. When I was hunting down that shadow mastif a while go with Naur and it was strange because we knew each other but didn't if you know what I mean." Celebros smiled "And if that was the case then you don't know if a time sink is there or not until you walk through it at which point you vanish from the present and reappear on exactly the same spot but in the past."

"Sometimes, if its a strong sink you feel a change in the air but doesn't happen all that often" Elruwen added "But yes sometimes they are obvious like the seemingly out of place weather and vegetation but once again that is uncommon."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 03:38
((OOC- okay, 'sink' it is! The way you put it, that makes sense, too! ))

Elerrina gasped, "That's right! It was you, Celebros! And the shadow mastif and Naur... that was quite an adventure..." Elruwen's words brought the recollection, and what a time that had been--the shadow mastif had wreaked havoc until it was finally destroyed. "Fire... wasn't it fire, that finally destroyed it?"
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 08:12
"Very well, we'll look after signs of weather and vegetation change then. Anything else?", commented Perathion. He hoped sincerely that they would not run into a mastiff this time, but could not be too sure. He remembered the shadow riders they encountered on the way to Harlond. This time he was at least relieved that he didn't have Avaya there to worry about.
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 09:20
Wolf took a step forward, pulling out a spear, and tapping it in front of him. "If one of us moves to a different time, the rest of us wouldn't be here yet, right?" Wolf took a few more careful steps, looking alternatively to the landscape and Elruwen hoping for a sign from ether.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 08:10
"Yes it was fire that eventually killed the mastif I believe, I can't quite remember." Celebros replied

"Yes that is so Wolf, not only that but we wouldn't be able to see you either." Elruwen smiled uneasily "Thats about it Perathion, I have seen just two in the past and you wouldn't have known they were there, they were so well hidden even if the hidding of them was unintentional."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 01:31
Elerrina caught up with Elruwen and Celebros, who were just behind Wolf, with Perathion and the other she-Elf trailing by a few paces. She took Celebros' hand, then stopped short, making Perathion bump into her.

"Oh, I just had an idea... Elruwen, would it be a good idea for us to either hold hands or tie ourselves together? At least that way no one can get separated if they wander into the time sink-- we tied ourselves together to get you and Naur out of the last time sink, didn't we? Just because we didn't know how long the 'door' would stay open?"

She looked to the others for their take on the situation; however, she knew she didn't want to inadvertently wander into such a hole in the fabric of time... she'd just disappear and they wouldn't know where she'd gotten to! She took a firmer hold on Celebros hand... until he said, "Ouch!"

Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 07:55
"Yes, good thinking Elerrina. I would say tying ourselves to each other would be preferable, then it would be easier to pull one of our number out of the sink or trouble should it appear."

**Celebros nodded in agreement and let go of Elerrina's hand, put his arm around her, partly to reasure her and partly to reasure himself that nothing too bad could happen.**

**There was a loud yelp of surprise but when the group turned around Naur was nowhere to be seen.**
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 10:40
"Naur?"
Wolf turned around in a circle, searching for their four legged companion.
"Did anyone see where he was last? The sink must be some were around there."

Wolf grabed some rope off his back, and tossed an end to Celebros before starting to widen the area he searched in.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 04:52
**Celebros tied the rope around his middle and moved cautiously towards the area Naur had been.**

"What the...." Celebros didn't finish his sentence he vanished to and there was a sudden strong tug on the rope as it threatened to tear itself out of Wolf's grip.

"Celebros?!" Elruwen cried out "Quick, pull him back through we don't know how stable or unstable this time sink is!" she called out with a tone of urgency in her voice
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 07:19
Elerrina gasped. "Celebros? Naur?"

Her words were aloud, but she was thinking, "Oh, Eru... let him get back here safely... please... please!" She reached Wolf and added her strength to his as they tried to pull Celebros back into the present from the unseen sink. The rope was stretched tight as the two laid their combined weight and strength into the visible rope, but there wasn't much rope showing. Slowly the rope came back to them, a few hand's breadth at first, then an arm's length... then they were pulled back again, inexorably closer.

"Elruwen? Perathion? We're going to lose him--them--or get yanked in too! Help!" Her forehead sparkled with tiny diamonds of moisture as she helped Wolf. She heard a groan, but couldn't tell from whom... it may even have been her own.

Wolf was right in front of her, her hands just slightly behind his back as she pulled with all her might. Where were the others? She tried to look behind them, but couldn't twist around to see... had she and Wolf already been pulled in?

"'Ruwen... help... Ioun stone?" she managed to gasp again. Perhaps an Ioun stone could increase her strength and Wolf's, and they could pull Celebros and Naur back. Wolf's feet were slipping on the grass and dirt; one way or another something was going to give...

((OOC- At last, I'm feeling better... thanks for your patience. I know summer is a busy time for everyone. ))
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 06, 2005 08:35
**Elruwen released a 'fleet' of little strength enhancing Ioun Stones, she had been experimenting with them for a while so see if she could create ones that could be activated by anyone and then directed to orbit another's head. Theses were the prototypes and the years of experimenting seemed to have finally payed off. One tiny little stone began to orbit each of the archers present heads' and Elruwen threw her weight onto the rope as well pulling with the others in a sort of tug-of-war against the time sink.**

"Everybody HEAVE!"
((OOC: Welcome back Elerrina))
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 06:50
Elerrina was so busy with the effort of pulling that she didn't notice the Ioun stone that had begun orbiting her head, but she felt its effects and heard it as well... the sound gaining a high pitch as it gained in speed. She felt Wolf straighten as the influx of energy helped him, too; his feet had stopped slipping. With Elruwen's help, they had regained a few precious feet of the land that had slid beneath their feet.

"That... that helped, 'Ruwen..." She managed to gasp out, then, still fearing for her dear friends, she tried to call to Celebros again. "Celebros? Celebros, can you hear us? Did you find Naur?"

Sandwiched between Wolf's tall bulk and Elruwen's body, she couldn't see what was going on in front of her, but their feet seemed to be still gaining ground away from where Naur and Celebros had disappeared. The few Elves and the Man had the strength of ten with the help of Elruwen's Ioun stones... but were they in time? She grimaced at the inadvertant play on words.

"The same time..." She thought to herself.

Suddenly, the rope went slack... she could feel herself falling backward. Perathion, behind Elruwen, scrambled to keep his footing as the she-Elves in front of him fell backward.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 07:24
Perathion rushed to help the others pulling the rope. He struggled to keep the tug of war going in their end. His strength still endured, but he couldn't keep it going too long.

The other end was going strong. "Come on 'Ruwen and Ele, we mustn't give up now!", he said encouragingly. Then he remembered Vana was standing somewhere behind them and shouted in haste "Vana!We need you over here!Come and help us to haul in Celebros and Naur!" He struggled to keep pulling as his hands were getting worn out by the rope.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 09, 2005 09:39
**As the group heaved on the rope there was a loud sound, like wet sail canvas being ripped apart. There was then a faint smell of woodsmoke and sulphur. The roped suddenly gave way, the momentum caused the group to topple over backwards and flat on to their backs and each other.

Sitting flat on his bum with a terrfied Naur on his arms was Celebros. Somewhat blackened by smoke, with each and every one of his hairs standing on end and crackling with electricity he sat there blinking looking very very dazed. He swayed about a bit where he was sitting before blaking out completely and flopping on to his back. Naur was not that much better off, his fur was all up on end and crackling with electricity he looked like some rather large cross between a wolf, furball, and Elruwen's contraption to direct lightning bolts into her metalwork, he was also the source of the scent of sulphur. Naur tried to walk towards the rest of the group but he was so dazed that his hind quarters gave way and he flopped onto the ground and let out a pitiful sounding howl.**
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2005 10:54
Perathion rushed to check on Naur as Elerrina and Elruwen were already by Celebros' side. He touched the wolf's neck, trying to feel his pulse. He was relieved when he finally found it and felt it beating. Vana and Wolf came to see what was going on too. He turned to them and said "He is still alive, thank goodness. But he will need to get some attention at once or else I fear he might not make it."

He looked at Elruwen and realized that she wouldn't be able to help Naur right away. He then turned to Vana and Wolf. "You two must assist me. We must change his position first of all. He must be lying on his back. Wolf,you'll have to hold him while Vana and I try to stabilize him." He was thinking as fast as he could. Naur's condition was far from stable at the moment and it worried him greatly.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email