Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: The Archers of the Silver Moon - The Riddle of the Runestone (Scripted) (Keep)
on: September 03, 2004 04:49
"I agree with Celebros.Thats the only thing we CAN do,as far as I can see...",said Perathion thoughtfully.Then he remembered Quarion."What about your dark elvish friend,can he be of assistance to us?Where did he live again?"
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
Post RE: The Archers of the Silver Moon - The Riddle of the Runestone (Scripted) (Keep)
on: September 03, 2004 06:52
"Elruwen..." Elerrina began a bit uncertainly, "is there any chance that the other-dimensional 'storage closet' is in itself a door into the Angband of the First Age? Perhaps we need to pack more for a journey in Time than a physical journey to where Angband used to be." She felt a bit silly coming up with such a wild idea, but the thought had occurred to her, and she thought she should voice it. "And if so... can we get horses and equipment through the doorway?"

She looked to Elruwen for an answer, though indeed even she may not know the truth or facts surrounding such a doorway. And perhaps Quarion and Elruwen together would have some parts to solve this puzzle. Who else might know?
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 01:19
"Its a perfectly logical idea and could be possible, remember with the aid of magic nothing is impossible. It its the case we could have a good look round the hideaway again and see what we come up with, any fresh leads and such and I think that we should probably ask Quarion to help us as he is more knowledgeable when it comes to portals than I am. Is he still living at your farm Elerrina or has he moved on?" she asked "and who knows perhaps it will be a journey combining both long distances and time travel."
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2004 05:48
"Traveling those distances upon the world of the First Age. That would prove to be a chalange in its self, fowler things then orcs roamed free in that time, or so I've been told. And I, for one, would have no more knowlage of the the land then I would of Valanor."

"But Elruwen, if the portal leads back to the past, how can we change it, has it not already happened?"
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 07, 2004 11:15
Elerrina waited for a moment for Elruwen to speak, but she was immersed in her own thoughts. She cleared her throat self-consciously and said in a soft voice, "Wolf, once a Wizard told me that Time was-- in a way-- not real. It is only our perception that makes one moment seem to follow another. If I understood him correctly, he likened Time more to a river or a ribbon. In the river, a fish in the water doesn't touch the whole volume of water, but it can move through the water. Go upstream or down or sideways... or stay in the same water and have the banks and bottom appear to 'go passing by'. I could not grasp all of how he explained it... you know how circuitous Wizards are... but I do know he was saying that our perception of Time could be changed from the Present to the Past, even the Future. We Archers already know that there is space outside of our own world, yet sharing a border... let's say 'next door' to it... I don't know how to explain an Elhonna quiver or the packbags I made by the same principle, but I do know they work as space outside of this space." She waved her hand. "Perhaps Time can be crossed like that barrier between spaces. My Elhonna packbags and quiver seem to share this time, but perhaps the spell can be inclusive of another Time, as well."

It was almost a dizzying thought... space that shared a border with their own... but the idea that Time could be traversed was far more complex for the average mind to absorb. Fortunately, she was not dealing with average minds! They might not all be as smart as Wizards, but they were very smart... and had different talents, too. Wolf included.
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2004 05:35
Wolf sat looking quizicly at Elerrina as she came forth with her explination. As she finnished, he continued looking, his gaze slowly moveing past the Elf and in to the distance. His mind worked in circles, trying to get around the ideas presented. A delibrate blink brought his attention back to the here and now.

"I think I get the general idea, but it is hard to think of time in situations other then moving forword at its steady rate. Perhaps it is easer for those who don't have mortalities clock within them."

Wolf looked to Elruwen, awaiting her anouncement of a plan. He felt as though they should act swiftly, though if they were travaling to a when, rather then a were, would it really matter when they left? This left Wolf thinking again.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 10, 2004 03:08
"Hmmm it is quite a mind boggling concept all of this isn't it. Well I propose that we go poking around in that space we found a while back and see if we can glean any clues from that. If that fails then we could well have to rely on our drow friend." Elruwen said

"Sounds like a good idea to me." Celebros replied

**Naur rolled his eyes and wandered off into the garden for a snooze**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 16, 2004 04:07
Elerrina, her mind full of questions, looked from Celebros to Elruwen again. "When would you like to go? And what do you think we'll need to take with us? Shouldn't Naur go, too? He may hear or scent something we can't." Now that the prospect was in front of her, she was nervously anxious to get going.

Even as she listened for Elruwen's reply, her mind was beginning to organize some things to take. "I wonder if our Ioun stones will work if we get out of our own time..." she said softly, as if to herself.
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2004 06:26
"We'll probably want provisions, for one. Particularly if we want to make good time, after we go to where ever...when ever we end up. Forging could slow us down considerably. Otherwise, I'm always ready."

Wolf grabbed at his bag, shifting how it rested on the floor, without reason, his mind alight with curiosity.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2004 12:18
Perathion nodded at Elerrina's notion that Naur should go with them."I think that would be a good idea.He can sense many things that we can't.And that must be very useful in an assignment like this.So,how soon can Quarion join us Elruwen?"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 23, 2004 04:53
Vana sat back in her chair, digesting all she had heard. In all her studies, she had come across only a few references to time travel. It was dangerous, and not just to the people traveling. Whoever went through time ran the risk of changing history.

If you were lucky, you just altered a few minor details, such as being where--or rather,when--you weren't even supposed to be born. If you were horribly unlucky, you could change enough to wipe yourself out of history. Her blood tingled with fear...and quiet excitement. She loved a good challenge.

After a moment of quiet reflection, Vana picked up her own pack from where it sat by her feet and rifled through it. If anyone had been listening, they would have heard her mutter things like, "Should probably restock my herbs..." or "Wonder if there's any..."
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 24, 2004 03:49
Elerrina sat for a moment, reflecting on the Elhonna packbags she'd made; they could carry enough provisions for everyone... IF they could take Kû (her packhorse) with them... and IF they could access the past through the 'storage closet' where they had rescued Naur. Actually, if they could access the past from the area that used to be Beleriand, it might be simpler. They could stay in the present time until they were in the area the spirit of the long-gone Karvenor seemed to be trapped in. And IF they could do that... well, the 'ifs' seemed to be getting unweildy, but she knew they had to proceed one way or another. The runestone seemed to be the key to the mystery... but that was Elruwen's expertise. But Elruwen had to--

She stopped all the thoughts spinning in her head. Each of the others would do their part, whatever it was. She herself was an excellent organizer, and the Elhonna packs weighed a maximum of about 47 pounds each (about 21 Kilo.) no matter how much was in them... she could carry one herself, if need be, and Celebros or Wolf or Perathion could easily handle the other. They could carry all they needed, even for an extended trip.

Confident of her own skills for organizing the needs of a fairly large group, she relaxed... everything would be all right, whether the horses could come along or not. She turned back to the conversations of the others.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2004 07:00
To lighten up the mood,Perathion cracked a joke."We need a person who has seen all of the first age and beyond. Maybe we should go to Círdan?"

He grinned to himself as he awaited the reactions of others.

[Edited on 25/9/2004 by Perathion]
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 27, 2004 01:27
**Elruwen glared at Perathion when he cracked the joke, giving him a look as if to say 'don't even mention that oaf around here'**

"Speaking of Quarion, I haven't a clue as to how long it would take for him to get here, we will have no idea where he is if he has left Elerrina's farm of course. He did mention that he would at some point he just didn't know when. As to taking Naur I think it would be a good idea but the poor wolf is getting old and is not as agile as he used to be." Elruwen replied

"I hate to say it but while Naur isn't here I will tell you all. He doesn't have that much longer left. He has already outlived most of his wild bretheren and he can feel he's in his twilight years, he fears death as well so I'm reluctant to bring him on the trip but I will let you take him into the portal to sniff around for things." Celebros said quietly

"Well changing the subject a little, shall we take a look at this portal before it grows to dark to find it?" Elruwen suggested
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: September 28, 2004 03:51
((OOC- Elruwen says she's been having a hard time signing in here from her school... sometimes the site won't let her, so please forgive her slow posting; as for ME... I'm going to be travelling for the next couple weeks, tho I will try to post, too, as often as I can. Thanks for everyone's patience! :love: ))

Nodding with understanding, Elerrina added, "I've been noticing the same thing about Naur. He's a lot slower than he used to be, and in spite of the cookies he eats, it looks like he's getting thinner. Our good friend and companion will not be with us too much longer..." Her voice trailed off with a long sigh. Elves were used to shorter-lived species passing away during their own long lives, but it made her feel rather sad that Naur was aging. "We'll have to put our heads together, 'Ruwen, and see if we can't come up with some elixir of youth or good health to help him feel better. For right now, though, yes... I guess we'd better go take a look. As I recall, we marked the entrance... I hope our marker is still there!"
Kyran
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2004 02:06
((OOC: hi, as of now i officialy pull out of this Rp im sorry. ive not had my own computer for weeks and i barely get on this one so its probably better that i do this, so have fun try and cut me out of the storyline. c ya))
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: October 01, 2004 05:58
((OOC- Awwwww.... :cry: we'll miss you, mellon nin!! Perhaps you can come back some time. You are my longest friend on CoE; please stay in touch...))

There was a brief knock at the Armoury door, and one of Elerrina's Elven guards came in, looked briefly around, and spotted Elerrina amongst the others. She had risen to her feet at the sight of him, since she wasn't expecting any of her people to arrive. The guard gestured to her, his face impassive, and they stepped outside.

After just a few moments, she stepped back inside, her face calm, but tears were slowly tracking down her face. She wiped them away, trying to calm her emotions. Holding on to the back of her chair, she spoke in an unsteady voice. "Kyran is dead... word just reached Mirivanë. He was killed defending a group of travelers who were attacked by Orcs and a Troll. They were just women and children mostly, only a few Elves and Men accompanying them. They fought off the attack, but the Uruk Orc leader took a final blow with his sword at Kyran... whose horse had gone down, pinning Kyran beneath it... he managed to deal the Uruk a deadly blow, though, even as he was being struck down himself..."

Her voice trailed off as she began to cry, but she managed to control her grief for a little longer. Kyran had been her friend for so very long... many years and through many adventures. "The others all escaped with few serious injuries. And without their leader, the Troll and Orcs ran off." She took a deep breath and shivered, "May the Halls of Mandos and his forefathers welcome him..."

She looked at the stunned faces around her and turned away, knowing her own must look the same. "I need to make some more tea..." she mumbled as she left the room, forgetting to take the teapot, knowing only that she needed a few moments alone.
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 01, 2004 09:03
(OOC-Wow,what a way of cutting him out!)

The news came as a great shock to everyone, including Perathion. He sat there and stared ahead as in a trance, having a hard time believing what he just heard. He didn't know Kyran as well as Elerrina, but the little he knew about him he liked. He looked at Elruwen and Celebros, who were obviously wrestling with their own emotions, trying not to break down.

At a moment like this, the only relief was that he had Vana there, for he felt close to her and since she didn't know Kyran, she could breathe some optimism into her older companions. He didn't know what effect Kyran's death would have on their quest, but he would surely be missed.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 08:36
((OOC: bye bye Kyran, it was nice having you in the thread))

**Elruwen was rather good at hiding her emotions, despite the fact she was clearly weeping on the inside, on the outside she remained calm and collected.**

**Celebros couldn't keep back his grief and cried silent tears. Neither he or his mother could believe the news, but they knew it was true, they had both felt his bond to them sever.**

Elruwen began to speak, her voice wavering a little

"There will be time to grieve for Kyran's passing, I do not mean to sound harsh but we must concentrate on the task in hand. Kyran would not want us to be destracted from our goal. We must carry on..."
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2004 12:27
"A brave and honorable death" Wolf picked up the teapot and followed Elerrina. Though saddened, he was all to familiar with the pains of mortality. He came up next to Elerrina and held out the teapot. "You'll need this, and you should pull out some herbs to pack as well, we'll be leaving soon. We still have a mission to complete, there will be time for grief on the road." Inside, Wolf felt his heart drop.

(occ, sorry to see you go)

[Edited on 3/10/2004 by Olvne_Dunedain]
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2004 03:10
(OOC-Bye Kyran! We'll really miss you.)

Perathion looked at Wolf and nodded sadly. "It truly was a hero's death...Kyran was always alone, except when he was with us. I hope he will be in good company down in Mandos' halls.", he said somberly.

But, as Wolf said, there was no time for sorrow. He came up to Celebros and put a hand on his shoulder. "We must let go of him. The sooner we move on, the easier it will be for us to do our duty.", he said gently.

He remembered the death of his father. It happened in a similar way. Although there were no trolls there, a whole Uruk Hai force surrounded the elves in the area of Eriador.

Perathion shook off these thoughts, preventing himself from sinking into a state of deep sorrow. He looked at Elruwen in expectation, for he knew that she would lead them on no matter what.
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 04, 2004 06:44
"He will be in good company Perathion, don't worry about that, the archers that have gone before him will be there ready to welcome him on the other side.....Come once we've all had a mug of tea we'll search the portal space." Elruwen said
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 24, 2004 09:21
((OOC: okay its about time we breathed some life back into this thread people! I didn't write it for it to be ignored lol!))

**Once their tea had been drunk and the cookies eaten Elruwen gathered up a few torches and pouches and handed them around the group.**

"Come. We need to examine this portal before it grows to dark for even our elven sight to find minute clues."

**she put her cloak on and waited for the others.**
Perathion
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2004 03:18
(OOC-I'm always ready Ruwen.)

Perathion took his torch and pouch and stood ready waiting for the others. He had ambigous feelings about the whole thing, but was ready to go till the end for the cause. He was also more than little curious about the portal. He looked at Vana who obviously was as new to all this as he and smiled encouragingly at her. He knew that she might be feeling insecure. After all, this was her first adventure with the Archers.
Olvne_Dunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2004 09:41
Wolf grapped his gear and met the others outside.
"Ready when you are"
Vanalosswen
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 09:00
Vana finished her tea quickly and set the mug by the washbasin on her way to grab her gear. It was already packed; she hadn't bothered to unpack once she arrived. Pulling her cloak on and strapping down her straps, she caught Perathion's eye. He smiled encouragingly at her and she smiled back, worried butterflies fluttering in her stomach. Adventures were nothing new to her, but adventures with such powerful people were.

'Well,' she thought, heading outside and pulling her hood up, 'it cannot be much worse than anything else I have encountered.' "I am ready," she said aloud, checking her sword and bowstring.
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 09:38
((OOC- I see I poked my nose back in here at just the right time! I'll try to be more attentive, now most of us are back!))

Elerrina gave the kitchen one last look, then sighed and followed the others. She had finished her own tea and felt more settled; though Kyran's absence would bother her for a long time, she knew; she was ready to go on. They would meet again in the Halls of Mandos...

She had her 'always ready' pack with rope and a few other necessities, and she was lightly (but well) armed: her bow and Elhonna quiver, a knife at her waist and one in her boot. She had also quickly tucked in a few emergency items like some food (yes... lembas ) and water. The others had some supplies tucked away, too, she knew-- even though this was just a short reconnaissance trip. Tossing her cloak over her shoulders, she followed the others outside, quickly catching up with Celebros and taking his hand for a moment as they walked.

Celebros took her hand and raised it to his lips, then let it go. Smiling down at her, he said softly, "I'm glad we're all going. I'll do what I can, but you and Mother will have to look after me, probably, on this trip... more than I'll be looking after you!"

Elerrina smiled back, commenting, "We'll all take care of each other... as usual... we all have different strengths, and we do care about each other. We'll be all right, I'm sure."
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 27, 2004 12:44
~~I suppose you will be wanting me to put nose to the ground and lead you back there.~~ Naur messaged them and let out a wolfish yawn. ~~Don't take too long I'm tired.~~

"Yes Naur, please lead the way and we will be as quick as we can." Elruwen replied

**Naur trundled out the back door and waited for them. Elruwen waited for the others to leave the building first before draging out half a smoked pig into the garden for Hwest to munch on and locking up.**

~~Onward ever snuffling onward....Follow me.~~ Naur messaged them

((OOC: welcome back everyone))
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: October 28, 2004 04:46
Naur's tail nearly swept the ground as he walked dutifully in front of the small group. He walks at a slower pace than he used to, Elerrina thought to herself... he used to run with Lomin and Elencara as they galloped along, keeping up easily, though he couldn't run as far as the horses could, of course. Now he seemed to have to put out a lot of effort just to stay in front of them, poor guy...

"Mother," Celebros interrrupted Elerrina's thoughts, "can you tell us any more about the, ah... 'storage locker'? Did Karvenor actually make it? Do you know where the 'extra-dimensional' space is really located?" Celebros looked down with a look of dismay. "I must admit I find the whole subject rather confusing, though you may find it simple... and our newer members may find it confusing as well. Could you explain the basic principles again?"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 29, 2004 08:30
"The so called 'storage locker' or extra dimensional space is nothing more than an astral pocket on a parralelle plain of existence some on the etheral plane others on the astral it depends on what the space is going to be used for. The space is then conected to this world via a portal or dimensional door if you want the correct terminology, and that is no more than a rift in our plane of exsitence, the material plane, leading to another. I hope I haven't made you all the more confused. As for the creation of these spaces and portals they were a joint effort to create due to the sheer size of them. Speaking of the exact placement of the space in the other planes the space moves but it always anchored to the portal thats the best explination I can come up with as I do not quite fully understand it myself." Elruwen replied

**Naur yelped as he set off the wards round the portal site**
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: November 02, 2004 07:14
Elerrina nodded as Elruwen explained the whole portal and dimensional idea again. Her own experience with such things was only the one time, when she and Celebros had pulled Naur and Elruwen back into this dimension when the wolf had discovered the portal seemingly by accident. The two (Naur & 'Ruwen) had nearly been trapped in there... fortunately, they did have some rope with them, and they had been able to pull the two back into this world when the 'doorway' had become unstable for some reason, trying to close. Even though she could understand the concepts, even use them herself, the idea of going through an opening into another plane of existence was scary. "Is there some way we can make sure the doorway doesn't become unstable again, Elruwen? Once we do find it, that is... we certainly don't want to get trapped in there!"
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 03, 2004 05:00
"Yes there are a few things I can do to stablise the doorway They won't take long and I won't be that long before we find it. Naur has just set the wards off." Elruwen smiled

**she silenced the wards, they now had to find the portal, with the light fading it was going to be a little harder than normal seeing that the portals were camoflaged anyway.**

"Right the portal should be somewhere within a nice five meters at some point from the ward here. Spread out an find it the stones surrounding it give off a very very descrete arcane light but you won't see that until you are virtually on top of the portal." she added
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: November 04, 2004 05:34
Elerrina looked carefully around, though she saw nothing at first; but Naur, who was sitting panting slightly with the unaccustomed effort of climbing the hill, seemed to be a bit... er, wavery on one side.

"Naur... I think you might be sitting just in front of one of the stones at the portal," she told him. As the wolf moved away a little, Celebros came up to her, looking also for the stones.

"I think you're right, Ele... Mother, I think we've found one of them," he said, slipping his arm around Elerrina's waist. ~~Good work, love!~~ He messaged her. ~~ I don't think I would have seen it.~~
Elruwen
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 02:42
"Yes that looks like one of them." Elruwen called to them "One down three to find."

**Naur with nose to ground started sniffing around for the other three.**

"Any luck finding them the rest of you?" Celebros called to the archers
Elerrina
Lady of the Golden Wood
Send Message
on: November 06, 2004 04:41
"Vana, I think you're almost stepping on one... and Perathion... look right behind you..." she stepped in a depression in the ground and lost her balance, sitting down hard. "Oofff! Maybe I'd better watch where I'm going, not where you're going..."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email